La La Jun (Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook)

11 hours ago, JenL said:

Not sure if couple awards rely solely on voting or if the stations also have a say in the awards.  Logically speaking, most of the DDSSLLS fans I saw were international...mostly from the US or Indonesia from my observations

I think the best couple was decided by KBS. The online vote was just a special award?

I'm so pissed with KBS. Why cant they spare one best couple award to a non-'Once again' cast. But yeah, DDSSLLS fans are mostly international fans becuase of netflix.

12 hours ago, JenL said:

But it is awfully prettyyyyy :hearties: The temptation is great, so we'll see!

The soundtrack looks good. Im going to checkout now! :love: Lol!! Its been in my cart for a long time 

11 hours ago, Just_Me said:

thought at least the winner for the best couple would be 5 at most. Cause if they will give that many then just give all couples those awards. But, whatever KBS!? 

So true!!! Thats alot of best couple award! Whatever KBS!!! :mad: its like embarrassing not to have a best couple award because only a few couples were not given the award....

• Like 4
21 hours ago, Just_Me said:

So he did win..yaaay.. congrats..

(I fell to sleep so I miss it again hahaha, thank you for all the sharing guys)

I am sad that GA didn't win any awards esp the best couple awards. But, knowing that many knetz also voice out their disappointment make me feel little better. 

Hahaha fair enough! LJW didn't get his award till very late like it was 3:00am where I was :BulbaConfused:

Yep, I agree. I was a little sad for GAR especially since LJW and YJW were there and KJH was at the SBS awards.... Like I feel like the stars turning up to awards is like a sign of respect to the channel, but the channel awarding stars (even if it's not a major acting award) is a sign of respect to the actors. Sigh.

It was comforting that her fans were missing her though :CharmanderYay:

I don't understand though, so all those winner of best couple awards, are they decided by KBS or by voting? All of them? 

I thought at least the winner for the best couple would be 5 at most. Cause if they will give that many then just give all couples those awards. But, whatever KBS!? 

I think it's a mixture - they take into account votes but KBS will also award what gave them ratings? I do think some of the other drama couples would have been popular for dramas with high ratings or because both stars have been around awhile with a following. They actually ended up awards 8 best couples, but most for Once Again including side characters (according to this person's blog: https://joencorner.wordpress.com/2020/12/31/2020-kbs-drama-awards-winners/). I feel like if they wanted to do 8 they should do a 1 couple per show policy...why exclude some shows that are romances??? :letalQQ:

Actually to be honest, I felt like LJW mentioned that it'd be nice to get Best Couple award at KBS because as an actor in a rom com, that's a fairly safe assumption you'd get that award! I mean, he was probably honoured to get an acting award, but it's weird not to be reunited with your co-star for end of year ceremonies.

I think we all aknowledge this one life lesson, but this drama hit it on the right spot : We not always get what we want in life (and in this case in dramaland too) ..

Haha yeah, I choose to love this drama and to walk in this difficult pathso I will never regret it and still love it despite all of the frustrated moments that I had to go through 

Hahaha, we did choose the hard path...but there's been many rewards too! I try to focus on the rewards rather than the sad bits. :MewHi:

Like Rara said : "Dream doesn't have to be grand"

My first dream this year is to grow green onions and some lettuces on my own

Second dream is (oh, this is bit grand but I believe it will be fulfilled) to get GA-LJW Cool FM interview with English subtitles

Let's find every happiness by work hard on trying fulfill all of those our little dream..

Hahaha this is so cute! Hahaha I am helping with the second dream for sure!

My dreams are to finish subbing DDSSLLS BTS videos all we have all the remaining scenes and to keep up jogging as a non super exercise-y person :)

This scene :BulbaOWO::hearties:

qflF5xf.jpg

21 hours ago, eNDe said:

I think the last time GAR was given many positive comments on her portrayal was for Miss Hammurabi (2018) where she played a judge role and I really like her chemistry with the co-star too. Similar to DDSSLLS, fans of that drama wanted a second season.

However I think because its script was written by a real life judge, I don’t see it happening/soon. Again, she didn’t win anything for it and her co-star was also praised a lot and had upcoming projects after projects almost like no rest haha

This is also on my list of projects to watch! I did notice that her costar was there! Wow, that's interesting that the script was written by a real life judge! I feel like sequels in Kdramas are so rare that I don't often expect them, but am pleasantly surprised if they do get announced. 

I think GAR does have more freedom to pick her projects after many years in the industry. Maybe that's her lifestyle too. I can see why her fans are sometimes a bit protective of her though - it's a bit hard to see award snubs and recognition of the other actor when she carried the role well too! :hearties:

21 hours ago, eNDe said:

Never say never if you like an actor/actress/director that has worked with GAR, I’ve seen her reunite with her past co-stars and surprise fans of the good memory of those dramas/films or even friendship like she has with Henry Lau. 

13 hours ago, purplefin said:

Yes, I see she does maintain a good relationship with her previous co stars, but with this covid, we might not see a reunion soon; maybe in the distant future 😉

This is a comforting thought! Anyway, as much as I was hoping for an awards reunion I guess it wouldn't have been as fun to see all the actors in face masks...so maybe it'll be nicer to see them reunited one day in the future post-covid! :wow:

13 hours ago, purplefin said:

This is sweet,  I wish this fan award was really given to them so they will realise their impact to the fans

and that they made 2020 a little bearable. 

I hope they know! :heart:

• Like 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I wanted to share a collection of really nice DDSSLLS Instagrams I follow of fans who also haven't gotten over the show completely yet...:CharmanderYay: There's still so many pretty edits! Feel free to share if you have any DDSSLLS accounts you really love on Instagram or other social media.

Instagammer: Do.do.sol.sol.la.la.sol

Some sad news is that that the intsagrammer Do.do.sol.sol.la.la.sol who made all those nice videos that we all liked deleted their account?? There's only 2 videos that another fan put on twitter and a few photos of theirs that other people saved which is the remainder of their account....The account still existed right before the awards, so maybe they were upset by the results as the final straw :letalQQ: 

Or maybe it was a new year and they wanted to start fresh. Not sure. I was sad, but at least there's still a few others who are posting or have left their beautiful posts :hearties:

ORWTQuF.jpg

Instagammer: OneCloudyDay_

I really like their edits which have such like colours and look like movie posters

9hWWAzt.jpg

Also their multi-scene edits are pretty

Igvdkih.jpg

Instagrammer: Greenscent2020

A multi-fandom poster, but they made a few nice edits!

TsUrR7i.jpg

Instagrammer: pomrabbit81

Another multi-fandom account that @Just_Me found. The edits are so pretty!

fmmO2C1.jpg

Instagrammer: Kotablequotes

Muli-fandom account with cute quote posts

itNyN5y.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

23 hours ago, JenL said:
On 1/1/2021 at 4:01 AM, eNDe said:

I think the last time GAR was given many positive comments on her portrayal was for Miss Hammurabi (2018) where she played a judge role and I really like her chemistry with the co-star too. Similar to DDSSLLS, fans of that drama wanted a second season.

However I think because its script was written by a real life judge, I don’t see it happening/soon. Again, she didn’t win anything for it and her co-star was also praised a lot and had upcoming projects after projects almost like no rest haha

This is also on my list of projects to watch! I did notice that her costar was there! Wow, that's interesting that the script was written by a real life judge! I feel like sequels in Kdramas are so rare that I don't often expect them, but am pleasantly surprised if they do get announced. 

I think GAR does have more freedom to pick her projects after many years in the industry. Maybe that's her lifestyle too. I can see why her fans are sometimes a bit protective of her though - it's a bit hard to see award snubs and recognition of the other actor when she carried the role well too! :hearties:

I did watch miss hamurabi, which I didn't finish 🙈😅, I was halfway through it but got distracted with other things 😆.  Nice to know that it was written by a real judge, some of the episodes there were heart warming and others will make you cry. I love her character there too, such a feminist 😃

Sequels are very rare unless it's a really big drama, or they do have sequels but with different characters. Maybe if it was sole produced by netflix and a lot of attention were garnered internationally there will be a possibility. But I highly doubt it. 😔.

She portrays her roles well  from what I have watched so far 😅, ( reply 1994, miss hammurabi,  DDSSLLS). She should have won at least in Reply to be honest. It seems like the best actress award is elusive to her, just like Leo DiCaprio  with the Oscars😅 (which he did eventually win). 

I'm sad with do.do.sol.sol.lal.la sol account too. 😔 I was following her in IG as well but she probably deactivated her account after the kbs awards. 

I do love onecloudyday's account, that is my go too one as well. 😂

Thank you for sharing other acounts, will check on them. 😊

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
15 hours ago, purplefin said:

Sequels are very rare unless it's a really big drama, or they do have sequels but with different characters. Maybe if it was sole produced by netflix and a lot of attention were garnered internationally there will be a possibility. But I highly doubt it. 😔.

I agree. They rarely make sequels unless the shows are a rankings hit (eg. Hospital Playlist, The Uncanny Counter). As a distributer, Netflix has no say either. But I hope one day GAR and LJW still run into each other and take a photo or hang out or something. Better yet would be another project! (One can dream!) :BulbaOWO:

It seems like the best actress award is elusive to her, just like Leo DiCaprio  with the Oscars (which he did eventually win). 

Hahahaha! This is so trueeeee. Poor Leo was snubbed for yeaaarrrrs. But he finally got one. It's weird who the industry favours sometimes and I don't think the actors are always good or bad...just that they don't pick the projects the industry likes! I wonder if that's the case with GAR since she picks very different projects and maybe not so conventional ones at times. :thinking:

I'm sad with do.do.sol.sol.lal.la sol account too. I was following her in IG as well but she probably deactivated her account after the kbs awards. 

I do love onecloudyday's account, that is my go too one as well.

Thank you for sharing other acounts, will check on them.

55 minutes ago, multiloverss said:

that why i cannot found her ig.....i really like her picture and video

Yep, she was still posting stories while the awards were on at 2am because I was wondering what her messages were saying about the awards so I screenshot one....but then the next day, her account was gone :( I was complaining about this to someone and they said "Even if the person was upset by the awards or not a fan anymore, it seems like a shame to have spent so many hours making lovely videos only to get rid of them in the end!" :PikachuFacePalm:

Well, like other DDSSLLS things that didn't work out, I'll survive. It has made me save other DDSSLLS instagram posts I like now though in case others decide to do that too :idk: (DDSSLLS has made me very zen about things not working out now :lol:)

Here are a few more nice accounts:

Instagramer: jaa_jxxvvxxk_10

They make videos comparing scenes to the script. They've only done it for Episode 2 (I think). I have a feeling they either won a signed script book or know someone that did (since there's a photo on their account)

Instagrammer: lingaring_fangirling

More of a LJW fan, but post some nice quote pictures where the quote look written on

hAw8Yr6.jpg

Instagrammer: Kdramabudiess

Multi-fandom account with some really nice multi-pannel edits

zX2L8rV.jpg

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

43 minutes ago, JenL said:

I was complaining about this to someone and they said "Even if the person was upset by the awards or not a fan anymore, it seems like a shame to have spent so many hours making lovely videos only to get rid of them in the end!

that right....it quite shame to delete the account.i just hope the person just only deactivated the account for a while.

• Like 5

I guess the one silver lining to this series is that they left enough materials to make quite lovely fan art (I'm pretty sure she's one Cloudy Day Instagrmmer but with a different name on Twitter):

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

On 1/2/2021 at 8:39 AM, JenL said:

Hahaha I am helping with the second dream for sure!

My dreams are to finish subbing DDSSLLS BTS videos all we have all the remaining scenes and to keep up jogging as a non super exercise-y person :)

Hahaha thank you @JenL

I am rooting for you and your little dream. Let's achieve it:Party01:

Thanks for sharing all beautiful gif of RaraJun..it's too bad that the do.do.sol.sol.la.la.sol_ account is deactivated by the owners. It has may pretty video edits:letalQQ: and isn't she also the one that initiate message book for RaraJun project. I wonder how the project end up. 

On 1/2/2021 at 9:36 PM, JenL said:

I wanted to share a collection of really nice DDSSLLS Instagrams I follow of fans who also haven't gotten over the show completely yet...:CharmanderYay: There's still so many pretty edits! Feel free to share if you have any DDSSLLS accounts you really love on Instagram or other social media.

Thank you for sharing this too..it's always nice to see pretty pictures or video edit about Dodosolsollalasol

• Like 6
On 1/2/2021 at 8:39 AM, JenL said:

21 hours ago, purplefin said:

I did watch miss hamurabi, which I didn't finish 🙈😅, I was halfway through it but got distracted with other things 😆.  Nice to know that it was written by a real judge, some of the episodes there were heart warming and others will make you cry. I love her character there too, such a feminist 😃

Yes, Miss Hammurabi has many heartwarming stories on each episodes. Even it's legal drama but the storyline is not to heavy because they deal with more civil cases(not criminal case) as judges. 

I love her character there too, but back then I read some comments said her character are annoying because they see her as stubborn rookie that cause trouble for other. She even got criticized for her outfits (her character wear coats all the times) :idk::HaunterOK:

If I am not mistaken, the Judge released two series nov of Miss Hammurabi but I don't know though if the drama is based on both books or only one. It will be great if they make the second season.

4 hours ago, JenL said:

(DDSSLLS has made me very zen about things not working out now :lol:

I can relate to this:laugh:

Oh, in case anyone wants to know Ye Ji Won and LJW speeches on KBS awards, here (I got this from viu (stream app) so translation should be accurate) 

Ye Ji Won speech :

Thank you so much for giving me such a meaningful award.
To the "Dodosolsollalasol" team, you all went through a lot wearing masks in the scorching heat and during the difficult times.
I hope everyone who's shooting a drama to stay healthy. I root for you.
These days, I feel more grateful for many things that  I took for granted. 
Dodosolsollalasol was a drama that focused on the little joys of our everyday lives.
That good chat with my friends, kimchi pancake, and a daughter who's like my friend. And Lala's piano. It's okay to be not good at playing  the piano. It's enough to just play the basic musical scales, laugh about it and be happy. I wai to thank Writer Oh Ji Young who wrote such a beautiful story. Thank you, Director Kim Min Kyung, Director Goo Sung Joon, and all the actors and staff members who guarded my acting throughout the shoot. Thank you so much. And my family, The Queen AMC, who drove me to Mokpo without showing how tiring you all were when the drive was a very long distance. They even gave me a bouquet to congratulate me. I should've given them one instead. I'll keep it well after drying it. I had a lot to work on in this drama as well, I want to thank everyone who helped me.
Mom, I won an award today. 
When I was young, I used to run away when my mom told me to practice piano.  Luckily, I got to play "A Maiden's Prayer" in the drama. I had a lot fun. 
Everyone, the New Year is here again please make sure to stay healthy and try to find the little things to enjoy in your daily life.
Thank you, happy new year.

LJW speech

First, I'm truly grateful to receive such an honourable award.
I have to say, it's quite sad to be standing in front of an empty audience because of COVID-19.
Director Kim Min Kyung and Director Gu Seong Jun of Dodosolsollalasol, whom I love very much. And Writer Oh Ji Young who's like the epitome of love. Thank you so much. And the entire "Dodosolsollalasol" crew. Despite the stressful conditions all of you held out and did such an amazing job and I truly thank you for that.
I also want to thank my staff, Ji Na, Wi Han, Eun Hye, and Hyun Jin as well. Thank you guys so much. I love you guys a lot.
I'd also like to thank my hair and makeup team and my stylist, Nam Joo Hee, who always styles me so perfectly. Thank you so much as well.
Last but not least, I'd like to sincerely thank all my fans for their ongoing support, I love you all.
And I'm not sure if she's watching this now, but...
Mom, I won an award. This is a prestigious award. I'll visit you at home soon.
Happy New year to you all. That's it. Thank you

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
7 hours ago, JenL said:

But I hope one day GAR and LJW still run into each other and take a photo or hang out or something. Better yet would be another project! (One can dream!) :BulbaOWO:

Hahaha..true..it's free to dream 😉

I would like them to have another project together too either movie or drama, photoshoot, or commercial *graspingonstraws* 😆. Someone else might have notice their chemistry despite the not so good ratings of ddsslls. 😅

7 hours ago, JenL said:

It's weird who the industry favours sometimes and I don't think the actors are always good or bad...just that they don't pick the projects the industry likes! I wonder if that's the case with GAR since she picks very different projects and maybe not so conventional ones at times

It depends upon the role I guess. I know there are others who are annoyed about her acting as she tend to exagerate at times. I've read somewhere that when she did her first drama which was aired for years. It took a while to shed her doll face image and that's why she took the role in reply 1994 ( cut her hair and put on weight).   I think a lot of people stereotyped her with her first drama's character role that they haven't given her a chance 😅. What I like about her is she'a not afraid to act goofy and silly ( if you watched Reply 1994,

you'll get what I mean 😂) . As what I saw on her filmography, she had a variety of roles along the years. So maybe it really is choosing the right project and if the concept is popular or trending that time. 

3 hours ago, Just_Me said:

isn't she also the one that initiate message book for RaraJun project. I wonder how the project end up. 

That had me wondering too. 🤔 They were supposed to give it during the end of the 2020 or something. I guess they were too disheartened with the bts dvd and the  awards. 😔

Wish they could have given it despite the results.  

2 hours ago, Just_Me said:

s, Miss Hammurabi has many heartwarming stories on each episodes. Even it's legal drama but the storyline is not to heavy because they deal with more civil cases(not criminal case) as judges. 

I love her character there too, but back then I read some comments said her character are annoying because they see her as stubborn rookie that cause trouble for other. She even got criticized for her outfits (her character wear coats all the times) :idk::HaunterOK:

If I am not mistaken, the Judge released two series nov of Miss Hammurabi but I don't know though if the drama is based on both books or only one. It will be great if they make the second season.

She was stubborn there but in the end she's still was able to make her point accross. I call that perseverance 😅. I only watch until halfway though.  Hopefully a 2nd season, though it's kinda rare in s. Korea.  I think the actor (L) and GAR is pretty close as well. 

I think GAR tends to  picks annoying characters?😅 That's what others think of her in Hwarang as well, that's also the reason I haven't watch it ✌ 🙈😅

Thank you very much for uploading their speeches.💙 

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Thank you @Just_Me for sharing the translated speeches of YJW and LJW during the KBS Awards. It's heartwarming when YJW mentioned the Eunpo folks and Rara in her speech. LJW's said in his IG post that he forgot a lot things he wanted to say because he was so nervous but he's such a sweetie for always mentioning his mom in all his speeches. I dread the day that he'll bring home his wife to be :laugh:  Anyway, I still believe that GAR should have gotten an award for playing Rara. Her character is hard to play actually, on paper Rara is annoying and frustrating but GAR made her Rara endearing, relatable and someone we all all root for. It's also worth mentioning here that on Naver, many netizens commented on LJW's KBS awards video that they were happy for him but GAR should have won as well. They said that it could have been nice if they both won awards for DDSSLLS. Many were disappointed with KBS. I have always noticed in Korean Awards and many kstars pointed out that they're based on ratings and star power and not on the actual performance of the actors or actresses. There's this one year in MBC that Cho Seung Woo (Forest of Secrets/Strangers 1-2) won the Daesang for the drama the Horse Doctor, he said in his speech and in his interviews that he should have not won and another was more deserving of it! hahaha he was really disappointed and baffled when he was giving his speech and interviews, and whenever it was mentioned in his interviews he would always say that his daesang was an error on MBC's part! hahahaha Kudos to CSW for always being honest and transparent.

Anyway,  I just hope that GAR will keep on improving herself for she has so much potential so her long awaited awards will eventually come. For LJW, I just hope that he'll keep on improving as well and not rest on his laurels and will maintain his humble and sweet ways.

Thank you everyone for still being active in this thread and sharing bits and pieces of Rara and Jun still;)

Edited by Unnie0110
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2
9 hours ago, Just_Me said:

Ye Ji Won speech :

Thank you so much for giving me such a meaningful award.
To the "Dodosolsollalasol" team, you all went through a lot wearing masks in the scorching heat and during the difficult times.
I hope everyone who's shooting a drama to stay healthy. I root for you.
These days, I feel more grateful for many things that  I took for granted. 
Dodosolsollalasol was a drama that focused on the little joys of our everyday lives.
That good chat with my friends, kimchi pancake, and a daughter who's like my friend. And Lala's piano. It's okay to be not good at playing  the piano. It's enough to just play the basic musical scales, laugh about it and be happy. I wai to thank Writer Oh Ji Young who wrote such a beautiful story. Thank you, Director Kim Min Kyung, Director Goo Sung Joon, and all the actors and staff members who guarded my acting throughout the shoot. Thank you so much. And my family, The Queen AMC, who drove me to Mokpo without showing how tiring you all were when the drive was a very long distance. They even gave me a bouquet to congratulate me. I should've given them one instead. I'll keep it well after drying it. I had a lot to work on in this drama as well, I want to thank everyone who helped me.
Mom, I won an award today. 
When I was young, I used to run away when my mom told me to practice piano.  Luckily, I got to play "A Maiden's Prayer" in the drama. I had a lot fun. 
Everyone, the New Year is here again please make sure to stay healthy and try to find the little things to enjoy in your daily life.
Thank you, happy new year.

LJW speech

First, I'm truly grateful to receive such an honourable award.
I have to say, it's quite sad to be standing in front of an empty audience because of COVID-19.
Director Kim Min Kyung and Director Gu Seong Jun of Dodosolsollalasol, whom I love very much. And Writer Oh Ji Young who's like the epitome of love. Thank you so much. And the entire "Dodosolsollalasol" crew. Despite the stressful conditions all of you held out and did such an amazing job and I truly thank you for that.
I also want to thank my staff, Ji Na, Wi Han, Eun Hye, and Hyun Jin as well. Thank you guys so much. I love you guys a lot.
I'd also like to thank my hair and makeup team and my stylist, Nam Joo Hee, who always styles me so perfectly. Thank you so much as well.
Last but not least, I'd like to sincerely thank all my fans for their ongoing support, I love you all.
And I'm not sure if she's watching this now, but...
Mom, I won an award. This is a prestigious award. I'll visit you at home soon.
Happy New year to you all. That's it. Thank you

thanks for sharing the translation for YJW and LJW speech .....both of them deserve its.

• Like 5

I am rooting for you and your little dream. Let's achieve it:Party01:

Wooo...just got another donation by the way :) So at least this seems to be going a little better than other DDSSLLS things that were out of my control. Maybe they should have hired me to do DVD promotions :laugh:

Thanks for sharing all beautiful gif of RaraJun..it's too bad that the do.do.sol.sol.la.la.sol_ account is deactivated by the owners. It has may pretty video edits and isn't she also the one that initiate message book for RaraJun project. I wonder how the project end up. 

8 hours ago, purplefin said:

That had me wondering too. 🤔 They were supposed to give it during the end of the 2020 or something. I guess they were too disheartened with the bts dvd and the  awards. 😔

Wish they could have given it despite the results.  

15 hours ago, multiloverss said:

that right....it quite shame to delete the account.i just hope the person just only deactivated the account for a while.

Yeah, I feel like her deactivation was like a sign of giving up, which is sad because we've already had so many sad bits and pieces since the end of the drama and she'd spent so much time commemorating it anyway (I feel like it would have taken time to make those video edits daily)...why not just keep it as a pleasant memory of something that got you through 2020? :idk::heart: But yeah, like @multiloverss I hope it's just a temporary deactivation...

Ooooh what was the message book? If it was this account, how did you know she was the organiser https://www.instagram.com/dodosolsollalasol_sp/ ?? I feel like it would have been hard to get many messages since they didn't have a huge amount of followers... And it seemed like many were international rather than Korean. I feel like we are lucky to have found each other, otherwise it might have been lonely being a fan! :fam:

That good chat with my friends, kimchi pancake, and a daughter who's like my friend. And Lala's piano. It's okay to be not good at playing  the piano. It's enough to just play the basic musical scales, laugh about it and be happy. I wai to thank Writer Oh Ji Young who wrote such a beautiful story.

Thanks @Just_Me for providing these translations! Maybe I should soft-sub these for Youtube :BulbaOWO:

I think YJW's speech was so lovely and captured all the positive and beautiful essence of DDSSLLS being a lovely drama. As for her thanking the writer...I'm like yesss and noooo. It was a beautiful story, but I still think you need help with endings :laugh:

Awww, LJW's speech was also very cute. I like that he always remembers to thank crew and staff. Man, his staffers must have saved a country in their last lives because they are so lucky to work with him and get thanked as well  by name :pandablush: Wish he thanked his co-star by name, but I feel like male stars rarely single out their female co-stars unless it's like a couple award, so I guess it was included in the DDSSLLS crew mention! :hearties:

9 hours ago, purplefin said:

I would like them to have another project together too either movie or drama, photoshoot, or commercial *graspingonstraws* . Someone else might have notice their chemistry despite the not so good ratings of ddsslls.

Hopefully! Haha, I always wished one of the magazines had done a photoshoot with them beforehand!  Photoshoots always make drama couples look so good together and I think it amps up excitement for their series. Hopefully they'll do one for a brand together someday. :MewHi:

9 hours ago, purplefin said:

I know there are others who are annoyed about her acting as she tend to exagerate at times. I've read somewhere that when she did her first drama which was aired for years. It took a while to shed her doll face image and that's why she took the role in reply 1994 ( cut her hair and put on weight).   I think a lot of people stereotyped her with her first drama's character role that they haven't given her a chance

I think GAR tends to  picks annoying characters?

Fair enough - I have heard the exaggerating remark before too. I'd really have to see to make a judgement for myself. But I also do think that being awarded comes with a combination of factors - including TV show ratings, acting, character selection and portrayal, industry networking and charisma and idol status etc. I recently watched a drama with Suzy in it for the first time and was surprised that such a fuss was made about her since I thought her acting was ok, but not great - But I know she's pretty and use to be a K-pop idol and I feel like so many of her fans come from that and will love her regardless of the actual quality of acting. I sometimes wonder if actors like GAR just have bad luck with some of those factors :idk: LJW is super charismatic and a very nuanced actor, so I can see how he's picking them up though. :wow:

5 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

I still believe that GAR should have gotten an award for playing Rara. Her character is hard to play actually, on paper Rara is annoying and frustrating but GAR made her Rara endearing, relatable and someone we all all root for. It's also worth mentioning here that on Naver, many netizens commented on LJW's KBS awards video that they were happy for him but GAR should have won as well. They said that it could have been nice if they both won awards for DDSSLLS.

I'd also have to see with her past characters since I've never seen her past characters too...admittedly when I first started DDSSLLS, I thought Lala was going to be an annoying character! :laugh: I was like, who is this ditzy rich girl who keeps borrowing monies from this poor part-timer guy?? But her character was so heartwarming and complimentary and not stuck up at all that I ended up really, really liking her! :hearties: I normally don't love the rich girl trope and even in things like My Love from Another Star where I liked the romance, I wasn't huge on the main female character. However, I think Lala such a refreshing take on the rich girl trope! :heart:

LJW's said in his IG post that he forgot a lot things he wanted to say because he was so nervous but he's such a sweetie for always mentioning his mom in all his speeches.

Yesss, LJW is so adorable. I love that for a cool looking guy in his early 20's who is really into his street wear and Post Malone, he's also not ashamed to mention his mum :wow: Haha, I feel like he was nervous because it was an award for his first lead role, which is a step up from his rookie awards. Ah so cuteeeee :pandablush:

It's also worth mentioning here that on Naver, many netizens commented on LJW's KBS awards video that they were happy for him but GAR should have won as well. They said that it could have been nice if they both won awards for DDSSLLS. Many were disappointed with KBS. I have always noticed in Korean Awards and many kstars pointed out that they're based on ratings and star power and not on the actual performance of the actors or actresses. There's this one year in MBC that Cho Seung Woo (Forest of Secrets/Strangers 1-2) won the Daesang for the drama the Horse Doctor, he said in his speech and in his interviews that he should have not won and another was more deserving of it! hahaha he was really disappointed and baffled when he was giving his speech and interviews, and whenever it was mentioned in his interviews he would always say that his daesang was an error on MBC's part! hahahaha Kudos to CSW for always being honest and transparent.

I'm so glad that Netizens were disappointed with KBS. It makes me feel better that other fans felt the same about how the awards were given out. KBS made choices based on superficial things like ratings and star power...I think it's funny how an actor actually said they were not deserving of the award and the station made a mistake! :laugh:

I have to say, I think SBS were more fair in their awards - Even though Do You Like Brahms? 's Park Eun Bin and Kim Min Jae was up against Big Shot drama couples like The King: Eternal Monash 's Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun, they still picked up the award for being the best couple and it's because they were really sweet not only on screen but in all their behind the scenes as well. And I think this was the same for Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook - they had such good chemistry that it was a shame it wasn't recognised in some way or form from the channels :heart:

Thank you everyone for still being active in this thread and sharing bits and pieces of Rara and Jun still;)

Haha, Thank youuu all for being here :hearties:

One day, we'll probably have to move on... But feel free to drop in any time and share any LJW and GAR news, pictures or little sources of cheer up. There is no time limit on this thread for sure. 

And here are my cute gifs for today: Thanks to our blessed One Cloudy Day/ Melody editor! :CharmanderYay::nya:

wVPzYB9.gif

b6M9s4l.gif

oBQ0gVh.gif

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

59 minutes ago, JenL said:

admittedly when I first started DDSSLLS, I thought Lala was going to be an annoying character! :laugh: I was like, who is this ditzy rich girl who keeps borrowing monies from this poor part-timer guy?? But her character was so heartwarming and complimentary and not stuck up at all that I ended up really, really liking her! 

same with me....but after seeing rara for 4 episode,i realized she had character that made people around her being happy. She never forget to compliment people around her....that why all the people feel worthy to be beside her as she made all the people had their own strength.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, JenL said:

Maybe they should have hired me to do DVD promotions 

True!!! They should've! Time machine again everyone? :lol:

2 hours ago, JenL said:

. I feel like we are lucky to have found each other, otherwise it might have been lonely being a fan

Lucky to have found each other indeed 🙂

2 hours ago, JenL said:

recently watched a drama with Suzy in it for the first time and was surprised that such a fuss was made about her since I thought her acting was ok, but not great - But I know she's pretty and use to be a K-pop idol and I feel like so many of her fans come from that and will love her regardless of the actual quality of acting. I sometimes wonder if actors like GAR just have bad luck with some of those factors

I have never watched anything with Suzy! Lol! 

Maybe GAR is not that big of a name in S. Korea anymore? She also doesn't have that big fanbase compared to new names now. 

Thank you @Just_Me for the translation of their speech 🙂 

2 hours ago, JenL said:

'm so glad that Netizens were disappointed with KBS. It makes me feel better that other fans felt the same about how the awards were given out. KBS made choices based on superficial things like ratings and star power...I

So disappointed on KBS... I checked the ratings of Memorials, their rating is just like DDSSLLS,  but they gave awards to the leads (excellent actor, excellent actress,  best supporting actor and best couple). I want to check out the drama if its really better than DDSSLLS  or the acting of GAR or their chemistry. Maybe someone in KBS doesn't like GAR.... damn you KBS! They couldve spared atleast one best couple award for them instead of 2 elders (sorry still cant get over this fact)

Edited by twinkler0415
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

So disappointed on KBS... I checked the ratings of Memorials, their rating is just like DDSSLLS,  but they gave awards to the leads (excellent actor, excellent actress,  best supporting actor and best couple). I want to check out the drama if its really better than DDSSLLS  or the acting of GAR or their chemistry. Maybe someone in KBS doesn't like GAR.... damn you KBS! They couldve spared atleast one best couple award for them instead of 2 elders (sorry still cant get over this fact)

Hello @twinkler0415, actually the biggest downfall of DDSSLLS is not the ratings because most weekday dramas of KBS did not perform well this year but the tightly and cohesively written script/story of the other dramas. Memorials has been praised for its good script/storyline. The last few episodes really undid the efforts of our cast and crew. Sometimes or most of the time, a drama can redeem itself in its good, clear and feel good ending (I still feel cheated that we didn't have a wedding scene between the leads, Start up even has wedding pictures in the end! and even More than friends!) It can even create a whole new following after its run. Sadly, that is not the case with DDSSLLS. The ending really dampen the star power of the drama that led to the cancellation of the DVD and the accolades/awards it could have won. KBS must have suffered a great deal from the hate comments after the last few episodes (it started with the fake wedding then Jun's 360 degree character change then the disastrous Ep. 16 -people still speculate that Jun is a ghost! or that Rara became crazy or died and was reunited with Jun) :nervous: And because I have followed a lot of KBS dramas and has watched every KBS awards ceremony this decade. I can say that they usually give awards to the really big dramas (ratings monsters) and to the actors and actresses that they have plans to be leads in their immediate future dramas or will be a part of their variety shows. I will not be surprise if LJW will be the lead of another KBS drama (weekday or weekend this 2021).

Anyway, I have watched one interview of LJW and GAR for DDSSLLS and LJW said that the atmosphere of the drama has changed a lot (based on the date of interview and their looks, they are already filming the last few episodes). I really think that if they have kept the drama light and fluffy all through out, we would have seen a larger following (either by word of mouth or by sheer force of us fanatics hahaha) Though I love DDSSLLS I am cautious to recommend it to others because of the last few episodes (I do not want them to suffer as I did or make enemies! :laugh:)

I have never watched anything with Suzy! Lol! 

Maybe GAR is not that big of a name in S. Korea anymore? She also doesn't have that big fanbase compared to new names now. 

Actually Suzy's dramas are nice, she's not wow but she's ok (try Dream High, While You Were Sleeping and Start Up).

I think that GAR is still a household name in South Korea and an ok actress. I really do not understand all the hate comments about her acting because if we will look closely, MANY Korean stars are mediocre in the acting department but South Korea have almost perfected the formula -good story (uniqueness or interesting plot, heartwarming, compelling and epic swoon moments) great cinematography and beautiful OST; that's why they have a massive following worldwide. It does not hurt that the actors and actresses are handsome and pretty with flawless skin! I have watched other GAR dramas and for me her acting is ok. She was greatly criticized in Hwarang but for me her Aro there was ok and I even think that her performance in Black was good. She was great in Reply 1994 though and made me think how hard working she is. I really do not understand all the hate (maybe she's so pretty because she really is! that people need to nitpick everything about her to feel better). But no worries also, she still has a lot of followers and fans that support her and the best thing about her is her positivity. LJW sure is right that she is the Queen of Positivity because despite her criticisms and antis, she is always bright and kind. I have never read nor heard that she answered negatively or treated someone poorly.

I feel like we are lucky to have found each other, otherwise it might have been lonely being a fan

We sure are lucky to have found each other:wow: I think that DDSSLLS touched us deeply and even made a small change in our lives that's why we are all still here;) 

Edited by Unnie0110
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, Unnie0110 said:

The last few episodes really undid the efforts of our cast and crew

the ending still affected the whole story actually and i also scared want to suggest this story to others but i still love rarajun so much.:nervous:

1 hour ago, Unnie0110 said:

I will not be surprise if LJW will be the lead of another KBS drama (weekday or weekend this 2021).

yes....KBS always do that.KBS always offered the lead to young actor or actress. 

3 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I have never watched anything with Suzy

same....i never watched full drama with suzy just watch some cut in ig. Usually she got a good drama but i not really fond on her.So, i just passed her drama.

• Like 6
12 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

Anyway, I still believe that GAR should have gotten an award for playing Rara. Her character is hard to play actually, on paper Rara is annoying and frustrating but GAR made her Rara endearing, relatable and someone we all all root for. It's also worth mentioning here that on Naver, many netizens commented on LJW's KBS awards video that they were happy for him but GAR should have won as well. They said that it could have been nice if they both won awards for DDSSLLS. Many were disappointed with KBS. I have always noticed in Korean Awards and many kstars pointed out that they're based on ratings and star power and not on the actual performance of the actors or actresses.

I agree. This is the first drama of hers that I was able to finish as she made the character lovable, ( in real life you will be annoyed if someone borrowed a lot from you without paying it on time 😅😂). I was hoping as well, that she'll win but with a stiff competition, I highly doubt it.  I watched reply 1994  until episode 2 before and watched it again after I finished dsslls 😅.  She was good in there a totally different character from Rara.  That's good that knetz gave her that recognition at least.   I had high hopes with the best couple as they they had a lot of exposure in the swoon/netflix games and THAT chemistry albeit the age gap  but *sigh*. 

LJW is such a sweet boy mentioning his Mum all the time. 🥰 I was actually waiting for him to say words to GAR  but maybe it was included in the people who he forgot to mention 😅

I think some of the awards shows turn up to be popularity shows instead 😆

6 hours ago, JenL said:

Maybe they should have hired me to do DVD promotions :laugh:

Hahaha. They should have put you up on the international branch. 😉 

6 hours ago, JenL said:

I feel like we are lucky to have found each other, otherwise it might have been lonely being a fan! :fam:

So true..I thank this forum for keeping me sane 😅😂

6 hours ago, JenL said:

And I think this was the same for Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook - they had such good chemistry that it was a shame it wasn't recognised in some way or form from the channels :heart:

Yes a shame indeed. I can't blame the other fans for criticising KBS. 

5 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

They couldve spared atleast one best couple award for them instead of 2 elders (sorry still cant get over this fact)

True that. At least one couple per drama should have been nominated to be fair. 

5 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

have never watched anything with Suzy! Lol! 

Hahaha. I only watched dream high but that was it, not a fan of hers 😅. But she does have good dramas though. 

3 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

The last few episodes really undid the efforts of our cast and crew. Sometimes or most of the time, a drama can redeem itself in its good, clear and feel good ending (I still feel cheated that we didn't have a wedding scene between the leads, Start up even has wedding pictures in the end! and even More than friends!) It can even create a whole new following after its run. Sadly, that is not the case with DDSSLLS. The ending really dampen the star power of the drama that led to the cancellation of the DVD and the accolades/awards it could have won. KBS must have suffered a great deal from the hate comments after the last few episodes (it started with the fake wedding then Jun's 360 degree character change then the disastrous Ep. 16 -people still speculate that Jun is a ghost! or that Rara became crazy or died and was reunited with Jun) :nervous: And because I have followed a lot of KBS dramas and has watched every KBS awards ceremony this decade. I can say that they usually give awards to the really big dramas (ratings monsters) and to the actors and actresses that they have plans to be leads in their immediate future dramas or will be a part of their variety shows. I will not be surprise if LJW will be the lead of another KBS drama (weekday or weekend this 2021).

A wedding would have redeemed the ending, they could have done an epilogue like with the previous episodes. Anyway, t's all done now. 😔 The least we could do is pray for a miracle that they will end up with another project together 😅.  That's why I kinda prefer tvn dramas as well, compared to the network ones,  they are more open  and more creative I think. 🤣

Anyway, I have watched one interview of LJW and GAR for DDSSLLS and LJW said that the atmosphere of the drama has changed a lot

I remember was it the press conference, that LJW said that the first part was the fun part😅. I rewatched it lately, and it had me thinking, so that was a hint 😆, the wholr series was like a roller coaster ride 😅

I really do not understand all the hate (maybe she's so pretty because she really is! that people need to nitpick everything about her to feel better). But no worries also, she still has a lot of followers and fans that support her and the best thing about her is her positivity. LJW sure is right that she is the Queen of Positivity because despite her criticisms and antis, she is always bright and kind. I have never read nor heard that she answered negatively or treated someone poorly.

Me too. That's why I rewatched Reply 1994 just to see her acting 😅.  She should have gotten an award there at least . I thought about that too, as she was very pretty and kind, some people might be bitter about it 😆.

She is the embodiment of positivity. 😅

1 hour ago, Just_Me said:

They could have also included the scene where Rara dodged Jun's kiss 😅

1 hour ago, multiloverss said:

the ending still affected the whole story actually and i also scared want to suggest this story to others but i still love rarajun so much.:nervous:

I still suggest it and trust that our friendship can survive any drama 😅

1 hour ago, multiloverss said:

yes....KBS always do that.KBS always offered the lead to young actor or actress. 

Hopefully it will be a better story/ending this time. 😉

* I apologise for this very loooong post 😅

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 6
3 hours ago, multiloverss said:

....i never watched full drama with suzy just watch some cut in ig. Usually she got a good drama but i not really fond on her.So, i just passed her drama

2 hours ago, purplefin said:

I only watched dream high but that was it, not a fan of hers 😅. But she does have good dramas though. 

Me too... not a fan of her.. no offense to suzy fans . I think I saw one interview of Suzy before that made me dislike her... 🤔

3 hours ago, Just_Me said:

I will find Rara Jun in this post by theswoon titled Kiss Blocke

This put a smile on my face 😁 

I think some of the awards shows turn up to be popularity shows instead 😆

So true

still suggest it and trust that our friendship can survive any drama

Maybe the 2nd wave of people who will watch DDSSLLS will have better reaction to the ending? Because they dont have to go through the agony in waiting weekly, reading thru spoilers or theories , and just watch the drama as it is. No expectations whatsoever? I suggested it to my sister in law and Im waiting for her reaction (if my theory about 2nd wave watchers are true, or everyone will have the same shocked feeling towards the ending 😁)

• Like 6

Will get back to other things later, but GAR & LJW translation funds have have technically reached the amount needed, though I put out one more call out on social media just in case others were interested and didn't want to miss out on joining in too :) 

Some celebration gifs from lovely One Cloudy Day / Melody :Party01::Party01::Party01:

C1C1vll.gif

HZ9NDxu.gif

iEx6a6T.gif

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 3

40 minutes ago, Just_Me said:

Yayyyy, it looks like they decided to keep the place after all!! :Party01:

I remember when I wrote my blog piece about filming locations someone said that it was a set that was going to be taken apart....but maybe they decided to keep it to encourage Mokpo tourism/ internal tourism since no one can travel internationally this year or maybe the person misunderstood and thought that the sets were going too, when it was just the crew was packing up. But pretty sure this is now a walk in film location since that DDSSLLS sign looks pretty screwed into the ground! I'm kinda not surprised they kept the set since Mokpo also has the filming location for that other movie 1987: When the Day Comes still intact. :CharmanderYay:

Google maps hasn't updated the location so if you look for it, it still shows up with an empty road, but at the bottom, that photo still says 2018 :thinking: 

It looks like the place has been revamped for tourists. I saw a photo when they first finished filming and everything was bare and it was full of boxes...This is so lovely :wow: If I ever get the chance to go to Korea, I'll take a side trip to Mokpo to see the place where all that magic with Jun and Lala happened...and where Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook spent a lot of their time filming in 2020. LOL the ground that they both walked onnnnn :heart::BulbaOWO: *Not a crazy fan!*

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1