La La Jun (Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook)

3 hours ago, JenL said:

Haven't heard a lot about When the Weather is fine, but it looks cute 

LJW character in this drama is so chatter....totally different with jun. I like LJW take a variety roles even as a rookie actor

Just had a little loveline for his character in that drama but it quite worthy to see

(RARAJUN STILL THE BEST FOR ME:Party01:)

• Like 6
6 hours ago, JenL said:

I found a picture which talked about what would have been in the DVD and the thought does make me sad since it looks like it would have included Director's commentary/cut, actors' commentary, Deleted scenes, NG scenes, unreleased making and unreleased additional videos :letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ: I don't care so much about deleted scenes since they are often deleted for a reason (unless there was an explanation for the ending!)...But would have killed for the NG's and unreleased makings! :wow:

Sorry if this makes you sad too. I just had to vent out my heartache...Also just felt super frustrated that somewhere in the world is additional footage of these two that we all would have happily paid for, but now it's just sitting in storage or worse, deleted! (I hope not though!!)

I know...so unfortunate...I remember buying a drama's DVD set with director's and actor's commentary included! It was so good to listen to both director and actor/actress to give more insights to the filming and drama. I don't know how Kdrama's dvd sets are but the one I had covered all episodes so each episode will feature different main casts together with the director to comment on the episode, talking about the kind of changes they had to make, music choice, how certain actor/actress was casted and funny incidents.

But I guess we're lucky enough to at least get enough BTS videos of the drama and so many talented drama fans who could make video and image edits or compilation! And @JenL you did so much for us fans here already!  :hearties: Your blog is filled with many content especially for any DDSSLLS new fans, not forgetting your helpful guide to getting a proper closure with the ending. 

On 1/9/2021 at 12:35 AM, Just_Me said:

I think Reply 1994 has special meaning for her, I remember read on articles about how she feels so grateful to the Reply series PD for cast her because at that times she feel stuck with her acting career

Yeah I agree and also why I always appreciate her work. 

Here's an interview of GAR for Reply 1994 audition, talking about changing her image and "breaking the wall", if anyone interested: 

On 1/8/2021 at 11:52 PM, Just_Me said:

Every time she picks new project I am worry about the role she will play. (Will she get hates again for the role she choose? I can't help but to think like this:letalQQ:)

I remember on Knowing Brother she said that she got about 2000 antis as soon as she debut because she's on MV of a boyband. (She's only teenager back then:cry:)

I used to have that thoughts too but ever since she signed on with Artist Company in 2017, I'm not too worried anymore because she's now in company of many talented actors and actresses, founded by two senior actors Lee Jung Jae and Jung Woo Sung. I used to wonder when will she ever move on from SM that's primarily known for Idols. Now I can also enjoy watching her acting alongside fellow artists from same agency like Yoon Jong-bin (Seung-Gi in DDSSLLS). I can only hope someday she has a project with Park So Dam...so happy they are in the same agency or any of her other senior actor/actress in Artist Company. 

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 5
On 1/9/2021 at 2:52 AM, Just_Me said:

Like I said before, I am sad that she didn't get any awards for her acting as Rara but it make me feel better knowing that many fans of the drama voice out their disappointment about it. Esp if it was from non GA fans. It means they acknowledge her acting and love character she played (Rara).

Yes, I think a lot of LJW fans also felt disappointed for GAR or at least were sad that she wasn't at the awards. It definitely meant that they loved her acting as Lala for sure! :heart:

On 1/9/2021 at 2:52 AM, Just_Me said:

Every time she picks new project I am worry about the role she will play. (Will she get hates again for the role she choose? I can't help but to think like this)

I remember on Knowing Brother she said that she got about 2000 antis as soon as she debut because she's on MV of a boyband. (She's only teenager back then) 

Glad i found this thread and knowing that Dodosolsollalasol has many people that love the drama and the characters as well..

That's so sad that she already had haters as a teen :lettalKWA::letalQQ: I hope it's better these days as more people are learning to call out bad fan behaviour when they see it. I also think that as you mature as an actor, hopefully there's more respect for you too!

On 1/9/2021 at 3:04 AM, Just_Me said:

Haha, maybe it's better for him to choose another genre for his project. He will be good in action

Haha I would love to see him do an action. I love him in romances, but it's going to be hard seeing him with someone new if I'm not particularly drawn to them...we'll see though! 

On 1/9/2021 at 3:04 AM, Just_Me said:

Thank you for always share this beautiful GIFs and also the webs..it's all pretty and make me miss them so once again I did rewatch last BTS on The Swoon YT channel (kinda surprise to see it has 1,5 M views now.. -didn't mean it to compare it cause I read some posts about Suzy- haha but it surprised me too that Start Up last BTS has less views to think that the drama is more popular)

No worries! I love beautiful gifs too...and the only way I can deal with the bittersweetness of trying to get over a drama I love (and one that missed out on a lot of goodies) is by looking at all the beauty left :BulbaOWO::hearties:

QuTpUkC.gif

I think a lot of people who watched the drama miss GAR and LJW's sweetness :heart:...And let's be honest, fangirls seeing any celebrities in a bed scene together will get excited regardless (LOL one of the comments was something like "I came here because of the still which was like clickbait drawing me in" :laugh:). Start Up had a good ending, but I think the fans who had SLS were angry at the outcome (I watched the series and I preferred the second lead overall, but I understood why the writer paired the main characters together and I knew the second lead would not end up with the girl, so it wasn't like a DDSSLLS type of shock to the system). But that might explain why the views tapered off for the last video.

On 1/9/2021 at 3:35 AM, Just_Me said:

I wonder why he choose a husband than boyfriend with his lie haha..since the drama always do what they said they'd do, so I kinda hope that we'll get wedding so he will be her real husband.I will just imagine that they get married after Jun epic comeback

I know right! There were so many (red herring) hints that they would have a 3rd wedding. There was the 2 times he crashed her weddings, plus the fact he sad every time she was quick to denied they're married, the fact he lied to JM's dad to say he was her husband and he took the teacup that was meant to be for her future husband. The writer's went a bit too hard selling something they were not going to give us. Still, you're right...we just have to imagine that they got married after he came back (more things the audience can't see!) :laugh:

Cv0zUD6.gif

On 1/9/2021 at 3:00 PM, twinkler0415 said:

Lol!!! A BTS of the hit would have been amazing  

Damn, I'm imagining the NGs if she hit him and he made a face :laugh:

Same!! Hahaha!!! An action with super little love storyline so that the queen of positivity will not be overthrown that fast in LJW's eyes

I hope the Queen of Positivity / Golden toad will always be special as his partner in his first lead role! :hearties: She was his first!

This will forever be in my bucket list! Even if we have all moved on and no longer active in this thread, even if it takes a few years from now, I hope one of us who would be lucky enough to travel there could still share the wonderful experience

Yes, I hope so too! It would be such a beautiful experience for anyone could do it and I think it would bring back such beautiful memories of Eunpo :heart:

True.... they should have revealed DDSSLLS  on ep 16 so the 5 year stretch would be a bit bearable. But then, what if Jun was really dying, guess he cannot keep up with answering Rara in social media  

What if the story flow was what we thought then the people in editing was the one who messed it up  the scenes were indeed in the wrong order

Haha, I think he would make sense if he was still DDSSLLS because it's not like he would have to continue doing anything much. Just send her an emoji now and then :laugh: Haha, I feel like the editors did mess up in checking the script...but ah well. At least we can edit the script ourselves with all the scenes :lol:

Too bad not all of the BGM and piano piece is in the soundtrack CD. i also love twenty fingers, its so beautiful and relaxing. I made sure to learn that piano piece and the duet part. I even told my other sister (the one who is not into kdrama) to learn Jun's part then we did a duet. The melody is so lovely.

I think someone put a link where you can still listen to all the BGM on this thread or the DDSSLLS one...but it's not on the same CD. That's so talented of you to learn how to play Twenty Fingers :BulbaOWO:

20 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

This is soo cute!

19 hours ago, Just_Me said:

It's nice they include Jun-in-short in this mini clay version..*sorry guys, still can't get over Jun in shorts* 

I saw that on Twitter too! It is too adorable!! Hahaha I love that they included the Jun in shorts. But it was iconic to his early fashion sense as a character! :laugh:

20 hours ago, purplefin said:

I called jun's changing a character assassination before but it seems mean 😅.  I think everyone deserves an explanation not just Rara. That's how affected the viewers were. 

We definitely all deserved an explanation for sure! But I guess we can only comfort ourselves by thinking there's more that was left out...as it has always been before in the drama :heiboi:...only usually they clued us in later...but this time chose not to :nervous:

I agree @JenL, LJW is not the most drop dead gorgeous guy at first look but his talent and his charms certainly gets in the way. The longer you are charmed by him, the more handsome he gets .

Yes, she promoted DDSSLLS much . That's why I was curious why LJW didn't promote as much considering it's his first major role. Maybe he left it all for Rara to take care of .

19 hours ago, multiloverss said:

agree....he not too handsome at the first glance but he keep making us want to see him more. 

LJW had a vibe that we cannot resisted and he also good actor. I looking forward for his next work.

Yep, he's definitely so charming that you can't help but think he's super super good looking after you keep watching him. And I think charisma and talent is definitely more powerful. Looks can fade, but if you have those other things, you continue to be mesmerising long into the future! And I think LJW did promote DDSSLLS a lot in his own way...he posted a lot of Jun photos and was pretty charming in all his interviews (he was the one who wished for Best couple :BulbaOWO:). But GAR as the female star was better at posting stuff with both of them. She's less scared of scandal and her agency are less strict with her socials it seems. At least so far LJW and GAR are able to follow their co-stars...a lot of actors follow no one on their instagram accounts and that feels sad to me!

Hahaha. True. I bet LJW laughed a lot. Btw, has anyone seen the video during their press conference where GAR mentions that LJW laughed a lot behind the scenes? I can't seem to find the clip on IG. I was wondering  how GAR called him. 😅 I never seem to hear her mention his name.

Yep, GAR and LJW spoke about there being lots of NGs. In the Korean Telepathy test they also said they both caused the NGs and jokingly agreed the fault was 50-50 between them both...I have to say I'm loving that The Swoon still has all 3 of their games on the front page. It'll be sad once it moves because of promoting new dramas.

GCZbO9Y.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 1/10/2021 at 4:36 PM, eNDe said:

I remember watching certain scenes thinking, is this LJW, not Jun, laughing? Haha...but I liked that I could see more of LJW's wide laugh throughout the bts and sometimes on-screen too even though he said his mum disapproved it. It shows him being more of himself and enjoying the process of filming too. 

Haha I agree! There were times, it was Jun...but other times I was like this is LJW being himself and laughing along with his character. While the Jun at the ending was a bit abrupt...I don't mind if I watch the ending of DDSSLLS thinking that that is LJW...I mean the clothes and the teasing seem more LJW than Jun. That's how I accept the ending!

Also, while I'm sad about not seeing the NG's at least a few of them were released. I'll never get over this one where he goes up to GAR while he's laughing and she playfully hits him for NG'ing :laugh:

aUSYqsK.gif

On 1/10/2021 at 4:36 PM, eNDe said:

One of the scenes I remember I felt like it was LJW having a laugh was when RaRa hugged him tight saying Jun is her man. (ep 15) 

If only Dr Cha came in...much later...

Thanks for sharing! I think you're right too. That seemed more like himself than just the character. It was very cute. :BulbaOWO: Ah Dr Cha, always so friendly but awkward with the timing for sure.

On 1/10/2021 at 4:48 PM, multiloverss said:

LJW character in this drama is so chatter....totally different with jun. I like LJW take a variety roles even as a rookie actor

Just had a little loveline for his character in that drama but it quite worthy to see

(RARAJUN STILL THE BEST FOR ME)

I think he's quite good at playing very different characters. I like how dreamy When the Weather is Fine looks and if you say "little love line" then...I think I'll be able to watch it soon :lol:

Of course, Lala and Jun will always be best :hearties:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 6

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

On 1/10/2021 at 2:15 AM, JenL said:

That's another thing - I always wished GAR and LJW got a photo shoot or something.

Me too. I really wished they did.  😔

found a picture which talked about what would have been in the DVD and the thought does make me sad since it looks like it would have included Director's commentary/cut, actors' commentary, Deleted scenes, NG scenes, unreleased making and unreleased additional videos

awww. Too bad. 😔

I would have wanted to see the commentaries and NGs. 

What a shame. 

LJW...she let's go on KJH when cheering, but still continues hanging onto LJW

Good choice Ara. 😉🥰 the best fanservice is the one done unconsciously 😅

All their first meetings were dream

I love their "car accident" meeting too. When Jun realises who she was. 😊

------

I didn't get to finish extraordinary you as he was the 2nd lead ( I do not want to subject myself  to suffer SLS 😅🤣). Maybe I'll finish Miss hammurabi next if I got the chance, I was halfway through before 😅

------

@eNDethank you for the clip 🤗

How I wish Ara called him jae wook shi or something, I never heard her call him that 😂. She always calls him Jun, especially in their last interview. 

On 1/10/2021 at 5:36 AM, eNDe said:

I remember watching certain scenes thinking, is this LJW, not Jun, laughing? Haha

Hahaha. Yes, I have noticed that too. 🤣

Jun's smile and laughter was too genuine in that scene. 

On 1/10/2021 at 7:17 AM, JenL said:

That's so sad that she already had haters as a teen :lettalKWA::letalQQ:

I remember those times. She was linked to one of the idol's members and had a drama together. A lot of fans were picking on her 😔

On 1/10/2021 at 7:17 AM, JenL said:

The writer's went a bit too hard selling something they were not going to give us

Yeah. And all the emotional turmoil 🤨.

So I gave up watching currently airing dramas until all the episodes are finished. 😅 I'm having trust issues here. Hahaha 🤣😂

6 hours ago, JenL said:

I'll never get over this one where he goes up to GAR while he's laughing and she playfully hits him for NG'ing :laugh:

This is one of my faves as well. 😂 

--------

Cannot wait to see their next projects. I want to see GAR in somekind of villain role even if her face is too angelic for it 😅 or in a medical drama. For LJW, I know he will go far in the industry. 😊

-------

Excited for the radio subbed version 🤩

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 1/10/2021 at 10:15 AM, JenL said:

I found a picture which talked about what would have been in the DVD and the thought does make me sad since it looks like it would have included Director's commentary/cut, actors' commentary, Deleted scenes, NG scenes, unreleased making and unreleased additional videos 

I think this was their promotion from the very start. The original plan was for this director's cut DVD (with the commentary of actors and stuff), but the member of Cafe Daum should be more than 3,000 for this to be possible. The cafe only reached like less than 1,200 members and the promotion team did everything they could to increase the number of members but it just didnt until the drama ended, so they decided to do Making DVD only... (but we all known how that turned out as well 😔😭)

7 hours ago, purplefin said:

So I gave up watching currently airing dramas until all the episodes are finished. 😅 I'm having trust issues here. Hahaha 🤣😂

Lol!!! Thats so funny! Atleast you're able to watch other dramas, as for me, still couldnt get myself to watch other drama.... still rewatching DDSSLLS over and over and over... 😆

7 hours ago, purplefin said:

Cannot wait to see their next projects. I want to see GAR in somekind of villain role even if her face is too angelic for it 😅 or in a medical drama. For LJW, I know he will go far in the industry. 😊

I hope to see her in a medical drama too!!! I also wish she would cameo again on Hospital Playlist 2, but with longer screen time 😆

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 1/10/2021 at 5:36 AM, eNDe said:

EVERY SINGLE JUN IS SOO CUTE!! Look at the dirt detail it has on Jun with bouquet! hehehe...wish the artist would make RaRa & Jun set too! 

I was checking the artist's page if he/she's done for Rara as well 🤣

1 hour ago, twinkler0415 said:

think this was their promotion from the very start. The original plan was for this director's cut DVD (with the commentary of actors and stuff), but the member of Cafe Daum should be more than 3,000 for this to be possible. The cafe only reached like less than 1,200 members and the promotion team did everything they could to increase the number of members but it just didnt until the drama ended, so they decided to do Making DVD only... (but we all known how that turned out as well 😔😭)

Ohhh.. so that's why... maybe if cafe daum was more english friendly it would have garnered more fans... oh well.. 

Atleast you're able to watch other dramas, as for me, still couldnt get myself to watch other drama.... still rewatching DDSSLLS over and over and over...

I've watched reply 1994, sweet home and 18 again. But I still watch DDSSLLS in between 🤣😅

hope to see her in a medical drama too!!! I also wish she would cameo again on Hospital Playlist 2, but with longer screen time 😆

I was hoping that as well, or she can be a regular instead. Hahaha. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
8 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I hope to see her in a medical drama too!!! I also wish she would cameo again on Hospital Playlist 2, but with longer screen time

same.....i hope can see her in other genre of drama. Hope to see her cameo appearance in other drama.

15 hours ago, purplefin said:

For LJW, I know he will go far in the industry.

yes...you right.i hope to see him in dark genre drama like investigation drama.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 1/10/2021 at 12:48 PM, multiloverss said:

(RARAJUN STILL THE BEST FOR ME:Party01:)

I remember read (on his fans account) a translation of his interview for Japanese magazine (I think to promote EY). He said the character that close to his real personality is the one he played in this drama (I'll Come to You When the Weather is Fine)..since I haven't watch it yet it's pretty hard to imagine ' chatter ' LJW haha

Also remember on telepathy game he chose himself on question  "Who is more similar to their drama character?" but then he said that he's just 50% similar to Jun (and Ara said she's 90% similarly to Rara) on KBS interview

So I wonder are they already finish filming for last episodes (when Jun character start to change) by the time they do this KBS interview:laugh:

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Just_Me said:

I haven't watch it yet it's pretty hard to imagine ' chatter ' LJW haha

you should see that....its quite difficult for me for getting used to see chatter LJW.

:laugh:

i just skip to his scene in that drama.....his scene not too many but his character is shine here at least for me

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
On 1/10/2021 at 5:34 PM, eNDe said:

I know...so unfortunate...I remember buying a drama's DVD set with director's and actor's commentary included! It was so good to listen to both director and actor/actress to give more insights to the filming and drama. I don't know how Kdrama's dvd sets are but the one I had covered all episodes so each episode will feature different main casts together with the director to comment on the episode, talking about the kind of changes they had to make, music choice, how certain actor/actress was casted and funny incidents.

I rarely buy DVDs...but I always liked those ones with additional scenes or commentary where they tell stories about what happened when they filmed a scene etc. Also not sure about Korean DVDs since I never bought one...but I'm a big fan of behind the scenes/ makings, so even just seeing a few extra scenes would have been gold. Oh well! Maybe one day an ex staffer will release some...or they'll have a GAR or LJW DVD from their agencies that features extra scenes from their past works...*wistful dreaming* :lenny:

But I guess we're lucky enough to at least get enough BTS videos of the drama and so many talented drama fans who could make video and image edits or compilation! And @JenL you did so much for us fans here already!   Your blog is filled with many content especially for any DDSSLLS new fans, not forgetting your helpful guide to getting a proper closure with the ending. 

Ah, Thank you for your lovely words! :CharmanderYay::BulbaOWO::hearties:

I'm glad you all got much enjoyment from my blog content and from chatting here. I'm glad we've all been such good company for each other during and after this drama...You guys are like stars (see gif below). And I guess they probably did release the best BTS scenes...at least we got the Sanja-Mabok scenes and beach scenes....so gotta be grateful for sure!

Bh5Jg1N.gif

Here's an interview of GAR for Reply 1994 audition, talking about changing her image and "breaking the wall"

Awww she is a hard worker and I hope she continues to get the love and recognition she deserves! :hearties:

On 1/11/2021 at 9:24 PM, purplefin said:

Good choice Ara. 😉🥰 the best fanservice is the one done unconsciously

Hahaha so true...because that's when you know who they really value in their hearts, eh? :smug::laugh:

How I wish Ara called him jae wook shi or something, I never heard her call him that 😂. She always calls him Jun, especially in their last interview. 

Haha, but I like it when they use their character names. It's a little like an in-joke/nickname between them since no other actors except DDSSLLS one will refer to them with those names. :BulbaOWO:

Yeah. And all the emotional turmoil .

So I gave up watching currently airing dramas until all the episodes are finished. I'm having trust issues here. Hahaha

19 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

Lol!!! Thats so funny! Atleast you're able to watch other dramas, as for me, still couldnt get myself to watch other drama.... still rewatching DDSSLLS over and over and over...

Hahaha, those trust issues sound bad! :laugh: I'm still watching new dramas live, but I'm not very invested in most of my series except The Uncanny Counter (which is very very good). @Just_Me and @eNDe I laughed at the last episode of The Uncanny Counter when one of the characters was going to get caught by the bad guy and pretended to be looking for her dog "Mimi." Also I always look at the mayor and think "Jun's dad is more evil than I thought! No wonder he hated him" :laugh:

I don't mind the other romances I am currently watching, but they definitely don't have the same pull as DDSSLLS. I do really miss seeing LJW and GAR together which is why I think I've been lamenting over the Making DVD again. :letalQQ:

I can't rewatch whole series, but whenever I think of a part of DDSSLLS I loved, I'll watch it again. Also I love that One Cloudy Day Instagram since she posts clips of the best scenes. It's like I'm constantly reminded! :BulbaOWO::heart::wow:

18 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I think this was their promotion from the very start. The original plan was for this director's cut DVD (with the commentary of actors and stuff), but the member of Cafe Daum should be more than 3,000 for this to be possible. The cafe only reached like less than 1,200 members and the promotion team did everything they could to increase the number of members but it just didnt until the drama ended, so they decided to do Making DVD only... (but we all known how that turned out as well 😔😭)

Oh saddd... :letalQQ: I have to say they set their targets a bit too high for a drama with that ending. And I think they could have maybe gotten the love internationally having been a Netflix series and having a lot of fans from other countries, but the language block was hard. I hope that the content is safe somewhere and one day gets leaked! :smile:

18 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I hope to see her in a medical drama too!!! I also wish she would cameo again on Hospital Playlist 2, but with longer screen time

Cannot wait to see their next projects. I want to see GAR in somekind of villain role even if her face is too angelic for it or in a medical drama. For LJW, I know he will go far in the industry.

It's be fun to see GAR as a villain! And I can see her in a medical drama, since she has such a calming presence. However, not being a medical drama watcher, I'd probably have to pass unless LJW was also cast in it :laugh:

10 hours ago, multiloverss said:

yes...you right.i hope to see him in dark genre drama like investigation drama.

LJW in a crime thriller would be sooooo good. Some kind of action or whatnot! Could deal with him in comedy too :heart:

6 hours ago, Just_Me said:

I remember read (on his fans account) a translation of his interview for Japanese magazine (I think to promote EY). He said the character that close to his real personality is the one he played in this drama (I'll Come to You When the Weather is Fine)..since I haven't watch it yet it's pretty hard to imagine ' chatter ' LJW haha

3 hours ago, multiloverss said:

you should see that....its quite difficult for me for getting used to see chatter LJW.

i just skip to his scene in that drama.....his scene not too many but his character is shine here at least for me

Hahaha really? Well, I'm about to find out what the character is like...but I'm looking forward to it. I'll probably start the drama in 2 weeks once I finish The Uncanny Counter. Haha, he is very charismatic so I think I could see him being talkative in real life! I always think of that Vlog he did for DDSSLLS and he was quite talkative there! :BulbaOWO:

Also I found this article that explained that Mokpo revamped the filming sets from the 5th Jan and kept them for tourism purposes and even the mayor went there to open the site :)

https://www.newspim.com/news/view/20210105000983

WyH9Xb9.jpg

6 hours ago, Just_Me said:

Also remember on telepathy game he chose himself on question  "Who is more similar to their drama character?" but then he said that he's just 50% similar to Jun (and Ara said she's 90% similarly to Rara) on KBS interview

So I wonder are they already finish filming for last episodes (when Jun character start to change) by the time they do this KBS interview

You're about to have this question answered because....*drumroll*....The Radio Interview has been subbed (and he talks a little bit about this)! Let me just send a message to you all!!! :) :Party01::Party01::Party01:

Here's a pretty gif to celebrate:

qmRHpQR.gif

• Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 3

11 hours ago, Just_Me said:

So I wonder are they already finish filming for last episodes (when Jun character start to change) by the time they do this KBS interview:laugh:

I noticed the inconsistency as well, but I was thinking, maybe he said it to promote the drama? I dunno 😆

4 hours ago, JenL said:

I'm still watching new dramas live, but I'm not very invested in most of my series except The Uncanny Counter (which is very very good

Is it? It's on my list, but I will watch it when all the episodes are up. 🤣

4 hours ago, JenL said:

It's be fun to see GAR as a villain! And I can see her in a medical drama, since she has such a calming presence. However, not being a medical drama watcher, I'd probably have to pass unless LJW was also cast in it :laugh:

GAR had  already covered a lot of genres, so I want to see her do something different. 😅

Hahaha. I love medical dramas ( having been working in the medical field). For LJW, he can do whatever he wants but I'll watch depending on the plot and who the leading lady is (if there is any)😂. I might still ending up watching it because it's him. 😆

------

Will try watching the vid at some point this week, as I have a lot in my plate right now. 😅

Thank you again @JenLfor facilitating the vid + subs. 😊

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4
On 1/11/2021 at 5:52 PM, JenL said:

I'll never get over this one where he goes up to GAR while he's laughing and she playfully hits him for NG'ing :laugh:

aUSYqsK.gif

Love this too! From the KBS interview, they mentioned enjoying filming this scene. hehe. Wish LJW and GAR could do at least one session of watching an episode together with commentary. I remember seeing one from kdrama Healer where the main lead actor & actress had a session. 

On 1/11/2021 at 6:24 PM, purplefin said:

I didn't get to finish extraordinary you as he was the 2nd lead ( I do not want to subject myself  to suffer SLS 😅🤣). Maybe I'll finish Miss hammurabi next if I got the chance, I was halfway through before 😅

I'm not interested to watch EY mainly as I know he's not the lead haha...hence why when I found out he's got a lead role and coincidently it's with GAR (as I was waiting for her comeback since injury), I was anticipating DDSSLLS and planned to watch it live. I love Miss Hammurabi with its cast and writing...it probably score slightly higher than DDSSLLS (to compare GAR's two dramas and pairing) in my view rating because of the official ending for DDSSLLS. Haha. But I still love DDSSLLS, putting it on my rewatch list. 

On 1/11/2021 at 6:24 PM, purplefin said:

LOL. I ALWAYS avoid watching current dramas to spare myself from suffering such issues and then when I did decide to do so with DDSSLLS...omg...so I'm back at avoiding current dramas again. Only watching one at the moment The Uncanny Counter because hits me differently and knowing it will have Season 2 helps me feel less anxious of an "ending" haha. 

On 1/12/2021 at 12:52 AM, twinkler0415 said:

I hope to see her in a medical drama too!!! I also wish she would cameo again on Hospital Playlist 2, but with longer screen time 😆

Yeah I hope to see GAR in medical drama someday too! And definitely an action/detective role for LJW! I like that I could see his sweet, more fun and smiling side especially in the bts of DDSSLLS but I also love his serious expressions so it'd be awesome in such genre. 

On 1/12/2021 at 9:38 AM, multiloverss said:

Hope to see her cameo appearance in other drama

Me too! And her cameo in The Producers (2015) was so good too besides the recent Hospital Playlist. 

21 hours ago, JenL said:

@Just_Me and @eNDe I laughed at the last episode of The Uncanny Counter when one of the characters was going to get caught by the bad guy and pretended to be looking for her dog "Mimi." Also I always look at the mayor and think "Jun's dad is more evil than I thought! No wonder he hated him" :laugh:

Every time I see the mayor I think  "Jun doesn't deserve such an evil dad...good thing you ran away" Every time I see the mayor's son I think "Omg...I can't believe you have such a good brother Jun..." 

21 hours ago, JenL said:

Also I found this article that explained that Mokpo revamped the filming sets from the 5th Jan and kept them for tourism purposes and even the mayor went there to open the site :)

https://www.newspim.com/news/view/20210105000983

WyH9Xb9.jpg

This is so cool, glad they kept it for tourism with the photos from the drama and that Mimi doll on the piano is a nice touch too! Wish I could visit it someday! 

7 hours ago, multiloverss said:

For me,if the leading lady not my cup of coffea, i cannot watch even LJW in there. I hope his next drama suit my preference. :duckpout:

Me too haha. Unless the cast or pairings have something unexpected, I'll watch his next project especially if the drama/film itself has a good story/writing. If it's another rom-com next, I will skip it.

-----

Oh look! GAR updated her IG showing fans of DDSSLLS sending her gifts and there's one of pretty RaRa & Jun figurine set: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ9tdUIl6Ib/?igshid=omps3f0fw8ki

spacer.png

:hearties:

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 5
5 hours ago, eNDe said:

Oh look! GAR updated her IG showing fans of DDSSLLS sending her gifts and there's one of pretty RaRa & Jun figurine set: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ9tdUIl6Ib/?igshid=omps3f0fw8ki

spacer.png

:hearties:

Bless the fans for doing this. 😊

When I first saw the bouquet of flowers, and the first line of the caption, I immediately thought it was from LJW, *plsexcusemydelusionalmind* 😅🙊.

Then I saw the next slides  and next words 😅. Loving the RaraJun figure 🥰. It reminded me that KBS is such a prick for not awarding them the couple award 😑

I wished LJW/Jun got a similar figurine set as well. 😅

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
19 hours ago, purplefin said:

It reminded me that KBS is such a prick for not awarding them the couple award 😑

yes....everytime i'm reminded to best couple awards, its made me quite upset to KBS. 

:duckpout:

I think LJW also got the same figurina set as the fans prepared 2 set.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
On 1/13/2021 at 1:46 PM, multiloverss said:

For me,if the leading lady not my cup of coffee, i cannot watch even LJW in there. I hope his next drama suit my preference. 

Fair enough...I have dropped dramas of actors I liked before for the same reason! I really want to watch his next project, but yeah it depends on who they cast him with and the genre. I might be able to do another romance depending. Definitely hoping for action. But there's things I won't touch - I don't watch horror (unless it's about zombies :laugh:). Please pick wisely LJW!

On 1/13/2021 at 8:40 PM, eNDe said:

Love this too! From the KBS interview, they mentioned enjoying filming this scene. hehe. Wish LJW and GAR could do at least one session of watching an episode together with commentary. I remember seeing one from kdrama Healer where the main lead actor & actress had a session.

Yayyy, I'm glad they enjoyed filming this scene. Yes, it would have been so fun to see them do a commentary...I bet it would have been full of stories and banter like their Netflix games....:SquirtleNiceAhah:

I'm not interested to watch EY mainly as I know he's not the lead haha...hence why when I found out he's got a lead role and coincidently it's with GAR (as I was waiting for her comeback since injury), I was anticipating DDSSLLS and planned to watch it live. I love Miss Hammurabi with its cast and writing...it probably score slightly higher than DDSSLLS (to compare GAR's two dramas and pairing) in my view rating because of the official ending for DDSSLLS. Haha. But I still love DDSSLLS, putting it on my rewatch list. 

Hahaha, I think I just enjoy torturing myself since I always seem to like second leads. I think LJW's character in EY surprised me because I was just expecting to hate him the whole time, but he really humanised that character and that's when I was like....this guy is a good actor! Oooh good opinions of Miss Hammurabi...I'm looking forward to watching it and When the Weather is fine as a double watch. :BulbaOWO:

LOL. I ALWAYS avoid watching current dramas to spare myself from suffering such issues and then when I did decide to do so with DDSSLLS...omg...so I'm back at avoiding current dramas again. Only watching one at the moment The Uncanny Counter because hits me differently and knowing it will have Season 2 helps me feel less anxious of an "ending" haha. 

I'm the opposite. I feel FOMO if a drama is running and I'm not watching :lol: I also hate spoilers and can't avoid them on socials :idk: But I guess the good thing about this is that you watched DDSSLLS...I bet you would have avoided this drama if you heard the fall out with the ending before you started! :laugh:

Every time I see the mayor I think  "Jun doesn't deserve such an evil dad...good thing you ran away" Every time I see the mayor's son I think "Omg...I can't believe you have such a good brother Jun..." 

Hahahaha...I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about poor Jun during The Uncanny Counter. I forgot about the evil son. (For those not watching The Uncanny Counter, the actor who plays Jun's dad from DDSSLLS plays the villain in this drama...also I highly recommend it - it's different to DDSSLLS, but has a lot of heart!) :popcorn:

I loved her status...it was so lovely to her fans. And it looks like people found the person who made those figurines! And they've made quite a few for actors - Lee Dong Wook actually took a picture with his: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKAnLZUJl4T/

06ujb09.jpg

WVZ6yL9.jpg

l9zdSKu.jpg

1 hour ago, multiloverss said:

I think LJW also got the same figurina set as the fans prepared 2 set.

I think you might be right! I'm guessing they sent it to both the actors...wouldn't make sense to leave the other one out!

LieKzY1.jpg

It reminded me that KBS is such a prick for not awarding them the couple award

Hahaha, I saw one of the recent Swoon Instagram updates and was also reminded of KBS - Like maybe they couldn't change the drama, but they could have at least done a reunion! It also made me sad on the comments of this post that some people let the ending ruin the whole drama for them. Totally understand feeling annoyed/ sad about the ending...but it's such a shame if people loved the series, but forget about how wonderful the first 13 episodes really were. Glad everyone here has remembered :heart:

5pOMiwr.jpg

Hmmm, I was listening to movie OSTs today and stumbled on La La Land, the film with Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone... A part of me wonders if the writers of DDSSLLS were also influenced a little bit by this movie. For those who haven't seen it, it's like this beautiful very sweeping grand romance ( also a musical)....but it has a super bittersweet ending. (Spoiler: The two leads don't end up together. And you find out in the last 10 minutes of the film). I guess I was just reminded because of the colourful, fun nature of the film, the fact the guy plays piano, they also dance among stars in this one scene and one of the main songs is "city of stars" ...also because Lala's piano academy is called "Lala Land." :thinking: 

I do also really like this film, so I guess I'm stuck with liking dramas/ films that kick me with bittersweetness! I'll put some info about the film in the spoilers if anyone wanted to compare.

The actors did get paired together as a couple 3 times in different films...imagine if that happened to GAR and LJW :SquirtleNiceAhah::laugh::hearties:

Haha also found this. I always really liked the way he couldn't be mad at her in this scene because she was just too cute in his eyes :hearties:

L4Dfw3u.gif

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

On 1/13/2021 at 5:40 PM, eNDe said:

I love Miss Hammurabi with its cast and writing

MH is good drama....i remember, i cried during watching this drama. I hear the MH writer wrote a new drama. i really hope GAR can make cameo appearance there 

59 minutes ago, JenL said:

La La Land, the film with Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone... A part of me wonders if the writers of DDSSLLS were also influenced a little bit by this movie. For those who haven't seen it, it's like this beautiful very sweeping grand romance ( also a musical)....but it has a super bittersweet ending.

maybe i should try to watch lala land also....i'm still hesitant whether to see this film or not as i know the ending.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
2 hours ago, JenL said:

listening to movie OSTs today and stumbled on La La Land, the film with Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone... A part of me wonders if the writers of DDSSLLS were also influenced a little bit by this movie. For those who haven't seen it, it's like this beautiful very sweeping grand romance ( also a musical)....but it has a super bittersweet ending. (Spoiler: The two leads don't end up together. And you find out in the last 10 minutes of the film)

Ooh, thats nice to know... maybe the writer  is a huge fan of this film. I suddenly remember your theory before that maybe the writer did plan on killing Jun but KBS insisted to bring him back to life 😅 

2 hours ago, JenL said:

I always really liked the way he couldn't be mad at her in this scene because she was just too cute in his eyes :hearties:

L4Dfw3u.gif

Also love this 🥰

1 hour ago, multiloverss said:

I hear the MH writer wrote a new drama. i really hope GAR can make cameo appearance there 

I hope so too! Since I think GAR wont be having any projects this 2021, maybe she could cameo alot! 🥰

On 1/13/2021 at 10:50 PM, purplefin said:

It reminded me that KBS is such a prick for not awarding them the couple

Same here!! 😄

• Like 5
2 hours ago, JenL said:

But there's things I won't touch - I don't watch horror (unless it's about zombies :laugh:). Please pick wisely LJW

Hahaha...I don’t like horror but once in a while I would give it a go again like The Ghost Detective BUT I extremely avoid anything with zombie now. 28 Weeks Later was one of those zombie films that made me regret watching in the first place. To think I used to follow the Resident Evil series so maybe I’ve watched too much back then and no longer can take the amount of shock these zombies come at me on screen. Haha. Train to Busan was probably my last and I was forced by my sister to watch it because she’s too afraid to watch it alone and needed a seasoned zombie viewer. That was it, I’m done haha. If LJW in a zombie drama/film - goodbye! 

2 hours ago, JenL said:

always seem to like second leads. I think LJW's character in EY surprised me because I was just expecting to hate him the whole time, but he really humanised that character and that's when I was like....this guy is a good actor! Oooh good opinions of Miss Hammurabi...I'm looking forward to watching it and When the Weather is fine as a double watch. :BulbaOWO:

I’ve suffered from SLS plenty of times so now I’ll bookmarked potential good pairings or good reviews of second leads and will plan to watch when drama is over so i can hit the skip button happily. Haha. I’m looking into checking out Run On when it’s over for their second lead. Also because it’s track/sports related too. 

Oh, I’m rewatching Miss Hammurabi at the moment and I was shocked to see Jun’s dad in it too! Haha. I totally don’t remember him in it since his role is minor in MH however I just cannot forget him as Jun’s dad now. Also, you’ll see another familiar face in MH from DDSSLLS. Can’t wait for you to watch it so you can enjoy its awesome bts too. 

2 hours ago, JenL said:

loved her status...it was so lovely to her fans. And it looks like people found the person who made those figurines! And they've made quite a few for actors - Lee Dong Wook actually took a picture with his: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKAnLZUJl4T/

06ujb09.jpg

Greatly appreciate that she could post it in English knowing she has many international fans and supporters of the drama. Also, the details to include that special romaine lettuce for the figurines! Love it! 

2 hours ago, JenL said:

It also made me sad on the comments of this post that some people let the ending ruin the whole drama for them

Now that I think about it, sometimes dramas actually have a few alternate endings being filmed so it’s just a matter of which will be selected for the final airing but I’m not sure if it’s solely depending on ratings or viewers opinions are considered. For sure DDSSLLS official ending wasn’t from viewers general opinion! Hah. 

When I bought the dvd special for a drama previously, its unaired alternative ending was included. The unaired ending was for if the drama is being picked up for another season. 

Safe to say, DDSSLLS probably had at least two endings written to be filmed. 

3 hours ago, JenL said:

The actors did get paired together as a couple 3 times in different films...imagine if that happened to GAR and LJW :SquirtleNiceAhah::laugh::hearties:

They did? Wow! I’ve always watched these actors separately in films but have never for the ones they are paired as couples! Haha. But yes I would love it if it’s for GAR & LJW too! 

3 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha also found this. I always really liked the way he couldn't be mad at her in this scene because she was just too cute in his eyes :hearties:

Same here! Could this be LJW’s view too whenever GAR made him laugh, getting too many NG. This is why we would need them to watch an episode together and do commentary. Well, in that Thai Netflix interview, LJW did offer it. 

2 hours ago, multiloverss said:
On 1/13/2021 at 5:40 PM, eNDe said:

MH is good drama....i remember, i cried during watching this drama. I hear the MH writer wrote a new drama. i really hope GAR can make cameo appearance there 

What! Oooh...I need to check it out then. Yeah would be great for her to cameo! I still cry when rewatching MH right now, the civil cases they cover are so relatable and offer so much perspective. 

Since I think GAR wont be having any projects this 2021, maybe she could cameo alot! 🥰

Oh no...I hope she won’t take too long of a break and maybe she plans for movie filming perhaps? 2015 was her break from drama if I remember correctly and did a movie instead. 

Yeah cameos would be fun to watch too! 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, JenL said:

Please pick wisely LJW!

Yes, I want to see him grow as an actor and hopefully he'll have nice roles and projects to come.

4 hours ago, JenL said:

d I'm not the only one thinking about poor Jun during The Uncanny Counter. I forgot about the evil son. (For those not watching The Uncanny Counter, the actor who plays Jun's dad from DDSSLLS plays the villain in this drama...also I highly recommend it - it's different to DDSSLLS, but has a lot

Will definetely watch this soon. ☺

4 hours ago, JenL said:

loved her status...it was so lovely to her fans. And it looks like people found the person who made those figurines! And they've made quite a few for actors - Lee Dong Wook actually took a picture with

4 hours ago, JenL said:

think you might be right! I'm guessing they sent it to both the actors...wouldn't make sense to leave the other one out!

It's nice of GAR to write her captions in english and she seldom writes captions in her posts too, mostly hashtags only😅. It shows that she cares for her fans a lot. 

Oooh, hopefully, LJW will post a photo of the fangift too 🥰. Where is that boy anyway? 😅 He hasn't been active in social media since winning the award 😂

4 hours ago, JenL said:

Like maybe they couldn't change the drama, but they could have at least done a reunion!

Yes, they could have done that with a commentary or something *sighs*.  I would like to know what they think of the ending as they might have a different opinion as they were acting the character themselves  😅. Also  Love the  other cast's interactions behind the scenes as well.  As I have said before, the drama had a lot of potential and it was really sad that the ending trumps it all for some viewers 😔

4 hours ago, JenL said:

part of me wonders if the writers of DDSSLLS were also influenced a little bit by this movie.

Maybe, I haven't watched the movie but yeah someone else spoiled the ending for me 😆. But a lot were saying that it was a good movie too, it was even nominated for an Oscar. 

4 hours ago, JenL said:

The actors did get paired together as a couple 3 times in different films...imagine if that happened to GAR and LJW

🤞🤞🤞may it be a movie, a drama, commercial, photoshoot, anything 😆😅😂

4 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha also found this. I always really liked the way he couldn't be mad at her in this scene because she was just too cute in his eyes

Can see a little bit of LJW creeping in here 😂.

2 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

suddenly remember your theory before that maybe the writer did plan on killing Jun but KBS insisted to bring him back to life 😅 

It is plausible they changed it last minute 🤣😅

2 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

Since I think GAR wont be having any projects this 2021, maybe she could cameo alot! 🥰

Is this confirmed? *sigh* 

She can do cameos or movies instead 😄

1 hour ago, eNDe said:

Oh, I’m rewatching Miss Hammurabi at the moment and I was shocked to see Jun’s dad in it too! Haha. I totally don’t remember him in it since his role is minor in MH however I just cannot forget him as Jun’s dad now. Also, you’ll see another familiar face in MH from DDSSLLS. Can’t wait for you to watch it so you can enjoy its awesome bts too. 

Should probably finish this soon too. It's been long overdue 😅

• Like 5
23 hours ago, eNDe said:

That was it, I’m done haha. If LJW in a zombie drama/film - goodbye! 

Hahaha!! Funny 🤣 me too, super fan of resident evil but cant take anymore zombie movies becuase most zombie movies these days are kinda bleh 😄 been watching the walking dead as well but upto 8th season only then stopped...

23 hours ago, eNDe said:

Safe to say, DDSSLLS probably had at least two endings written to be filmed. 

That would be awesome to know, but so sad we will never find out.. 😔 really hope someone from KBS will leak the locked-in-the-storage unseen footage of DDSSLLS...😏

22 hours ago, purplefin said:

Is this confirmed? *sigh* 

She can do cameos or movies instead

Its not yet confirmed.  😅 i just jumped into a conclusion because most dramas that will be filmed/aired this year already had news about it.

• Like 5