La La Jun (Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook)

La La and Jun

2gXjkaG.jpg

From the drama 'Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol' with Go Ara as La La and Lee Jae Wook as Jun, featuring Byeol as MiMi.

YaRppwp.png

I figured it was time to make La La Jun a thread of their own since we can't seem to let them go. To be clear, I'm not sure if GAR and LJW will or will not get together, but I loved La La and Jun's romance, even with that nonsensical ending.

Calling @JenL @Just_Me @eNDe @Tofu to help populate this thread and keep sharing the love!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 5

I've seen most of Go Ara's dramas and her chemistry with LJW is one of my favourites. Maybe it's because of all the behind the scenes content and Swoon games clouding my judgement, but I really enjoyed it!

Edited by okrim
  • Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
4 hours ago, okrim said:

I've seen most of Go Ara's dramas and her chemistry with LJW is one of my favourites. Maybe it's because of all the behind the scenes content and Swoon games clouding my judgement, but I really enjoyed it!

Hi @okrim, welcome to JangHaven and to the La La Jun ship! I agree that I think her chemistry with LJW is really fantastic, especially as the drama progressed and it seems as if LJW was able to relax more. Or perhaps it was all the kissing they had to do? LOL

3 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

I miss Rara and Jun;) Thanks for starting this new thread;)

I should have tagged you from the first post since you are one of the stalwarts in the DDSSLLS thread. I still wish there had been something more after the ending. Oh well.

I do think that the show owed us a wedding scene between La La Jun. I mean, if they were going to throw in a 5 year time jump anyway, they could have done another time jump, even if it was in the end credits to show us a La La Jun wedding photo. :heart:

12 hours ago, Tofu said:

Yay!! They are so cute (minus episode 13-16 -- we pretend that Jun never did that). LOL!

Didn't the drama end at episode 12??? Then jump to the final 2 minutes of episode 16 (since we can't miss any of the kiss scenes, or course)? :laugh:

@eNDe had originally posted this to the drama thread commenting that it has just La La Jun cute moments, and I agree, so thought it fitting to post to the La La Jun thread.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 4

Hello!!! So happy to join this thread!! I miss them so much! 2nd Wednesday without DDSSLLS 😭 

On 12/8/2020 at 10:44 AM, Tofu said:

Yay!! They are so cute (minus episode 13-16 -- we pretend that Jun never did that). LOL!

Dont forget, the beach kiss on episode 13! Lol! 🥰, plus the DDSSLLS reveal, plus the 'sleeping' scene 😅

Edited by twinkler0415
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 12/8/2020 at 10:30 PM, okrim said:

Hahaha they are not clouding your judgements @okrim...they are giving you evidence of good chemistry :laugh::wow::hearties:

In case any of you missed it, there was one more Swoon Games that some fans found recently on Netflix Thailand. It's pretty cute. I have no understanding of either language, but might run the Thai subs through a translator if I have time 

1 hour ago, twinkler0415 said:

Hello!!! So happy to join this thread!! I miss them so much! 2nd Wednesday without DDSSLLS 😭 

Dont forget, the beach kiss on episode 13! Lol! 🥰, plus the DDSSLLS reveal, plus the 'sleeping' scene 😅

Oooohhh Thanks for joining this thread with us @twinkler0415! Yes, it's a bit sad that DDSSLLS came to an end, but yes...those scenes were all so cute!! Haha, I'm a sucker for the behind the scenes of all those scenes coz they are the cutest.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

8 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

Hi @twinkler0415, nice to have you join us in our love for La La Jun! As you and others have mentioned, fortunately, there are enough sweet scenes of LaLaJun that it will probably overcome my negative feelings about eps 13-16 (at least until the last few minutes).

@JenL, thanks for posting the Thai Netflix clip. I don't speak Thai, but I did translate what GAR and LJW wrote on their cards and said in the clip. It gives you a sense of what they were talking about anyway. They're very cute together. You'll laugh at question 5.

Translation:

GAR/LJW: Hello to all of our Thai friends!
GAR: I’m Go Ara in Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol
LJW: Are there many things that you’re curious about?
GAR: We’re here to introduce Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol to you on Netflix.

The rest in spoiler because of length of the translation.

Spoiler

1. GAR’s card says Nachos. LJW’s card says Bread.
LJW: Bread.
GAR: Bread? What kind of bread?
LJW: Gluten free bread with avocado spread.
GAR: If you watch our broadcast, then… (bursts into laughter)
GAR: That’s a line from the script.  (The avocado spread on gluten free bread is one of the things that LL tells Jun she wants to eat when she first stays with him.)
LJW: Yes.
GAR: For me, Nachos.
LJW: Nachos.
GAR: Yes, if you eat nachos and share them, then it’s really good.

2. GAR’s card says Sparkling Water. LJW’s card says Beer.
GAR: Something that is sparkling.
LJW: Beer for me.
GAR: Something that is crisp and refreshing.
LJW: Oh yes. Refreshing is good.
GAR: If you drink something like that while eating nachos or bread and watch our drama, then I think you will feel our drama has a savory and delicious flavor.
LJW: In the summer, when you drink a cold beer, I think our drama will feel like that.

3. GAR’s card says Favorite Doll.   LJW’s card says Fan.
LJW: If you could watch it while being refreshed, I think it would be really good.  
GAR: While feeling the wind!
GAR: Our drama has a lot of spectacular (meaning surprising/shocking/thrilling) points right from the beginning. I think you might need a favorite doll, so you might want to hug the dolls you have on your bed while watching the drama.

4. GAR’s card says Living Room . LJW’s card says Bed.
LJW: I think it must be the time that you go home from work. So on your bed, with your phone on the Netflix app may be the coolest, most comfortable way to watch it, is what I was thinking.
GAR: For me, in the living room, together with your family may be the best way to watch it.

5. GAR’s card says Ye Ji Won. LJW’s card says Go Ara.
GAR: Oh! Yes. I want to rewrite it! Just a moment! Just a moment.
LJW: The reason i wrote Go Ara sunbae-nim is that we have a lot of scenes and… (to GAR) I’m speaking.
GAR: Yes, yes, yes.
LJW: Because we have a lot of scenes together, To see how it came out and to see if it came out well, I thought I would want to see it with her the most…is what I had been thinking, but.
GAR’s card now reads Lee Jae Wook.
GAR: Yes, for me, with Lee Jae Wook, there are a lot of things I would want to talk about. Also, if I were to see it again, then together, we could watch it happily with Ye Ji Won sunbae-nim.
(me: I think the question may have been who would you want to watch this drama again with, or something like that?)

GAR: Till now, we have been trying to do something to help make Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol a more fun viewing experience. So, everyone in Thailand, please give Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol a lot of your interest and love.
LJW: Yes, it was shot in a far away place, and it is a story set in a far away country, but if you could have fun watching it, then we would be grateful.
GAR/LJW: See you on Netflix.

(Bits of scenes from the drama. I did not write down the English title cards, just wrote the translations of the lines themselves.)
LL: Do you play piano? I used to play piano as well.
Jun: Stop it. You look like a ghost.
Hairdresser: How can she sleep under these circumstances?
Dr. Cha: Did you hurt yourself somewhere?
LL: My hair is itchy.
Hairdresser: This isn’t renting a room. This is being a parasite.
LL: Ajumma! Parasites look too weird.
LL: Just think of me as your family.
Jun: Don’t do it! I think I’m going to be sick.
LL: Where are you going?
Jun: I have to go make money since I have to lend it to you.
LL: Go make a lot of money!
Jun: You really are taking it for granted.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 4
8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@JenL, thanks for posting the Thai Netflix clip. I don't speak Thai, but I did translate what GAR and LJW wrote on their cards and said in the clip. It gives you a sense of what they were talking about anyway. They're very cute together. You'll laugh at question 5.

Awwww, Thanks @stroppyse!!! Appreciate this translation a lot :) I think some subbing is in order very soon once I search up those Thai questions. 

:wow::CharmanderYay::hearties::MewGiggle:

Hahaha, Question 5!!! I feel like Go Ara didn't expect Lee Jae Wook to pick her, but he is very good at building chemistry :laugh: I laughed that he went into Tsundere mode though. His "I'm speaking!" while Go Ara was rubbing the board made me laugh a lot.

Thanks Again! 

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

@CINNABOM in one of the BTS by monster studios, the scene when they were baking cookies. There was a part there where LJW was eating the cookies and GAR saw her, I saw some fans comment that they think LJW called her noona? Lol! But I honestly cant hear it becuase of the background noise 😅

1 hour ago, CINNABOM said:

Ahh this thread exists!! I’m so excited. I’m having DoDoSol withdrawal. 

Me too! Am having a DoDoSol withdrawal! This thread is like heaven sent! 😄

• Like 4
  • Party! 1
6 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

There was a part there where LJW was eating the cookies and GAR saw her, I saw some fans comment that they think LJW called her noona? Lol! But I honestly cant hear it becuase of the background noise 😅

If you can find this video clip and it's not region-locked, please post it here? I can have a listen and see if I hear LJW call GAR "noona" or whether he's saying something else.

@JenL, thanks for subbing when you can. Much appreciated!

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

@twinkler0415, unfortunately, LJW does not call GAR "noona" in this clip. That bit of exchange goes like this:

GAR: Are you eating by yourself? (startling LJW)

LJW: What? Oh, what is this?

GAR: Is it delicious?

LJW: I tried to find you.

GAR: Are you sure you tried to find me?

LJW: Of course.

GAR: (to JM) Is it delicious?  (LJW walks past GAR into the room)

It's a cute bit of shooting set footage though. The interactions with JM are adorable. I'll try to post a full translation of the audio when I get a chance to do so. I checked the rest of the clip, but I didn't hear LJW call GAR noona.

Just FYI, I turned on the Korean captions for the audio since I was curious whether something happened in an aside that I wasn't hearing, but there was nothing even close on the Korean captures either. Sorry. Still a cute couple with a cute interaction.

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

@stroppyse

Thank you for translating! 😄 i'll just hold on to his words atleast,that he does not call her sunbaenim in private Lol!

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Youtube just recommended this scene clip of La La Jun's duet posted by The Swoon. It's a sweet, lovely moment with a cute interaction with MiMi to start the scene. Awww... Thought we could all enjoy this one more time.

Super love this scene... I'm waiting for Swoon to uplaod the BTS of ep 11-16. Though i've seen every bits of it with English subs 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Thank God for this thread. 🥰

I did found that video too but did not hear "noona". Maybe in the dvd there will be one or more.😂 Let's be positive  😁

Wish they could both be guests together in variety shows. 😆

Need more interaction from this two. Love the netflix games. Can't get enough of them 😄😍

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Thanks for the LJW video @twinkler0415! Yes, it was an LJW focus, but there were some cute scenes as Jun with LL as well! But since the video is asking, my favorite LJW? I can't decide! Even in DDSSLLS, LJW acted as both Jun and young Man Bok, and nailed both.

I've said this before, but LJW may not be the most drop dead gorgeous guy out there, but there is something soooo charismatic about him. His charisma and his solid acting is what draws me to his characters every time. He doesn't have a huge filmography yet, but he's been outstanding in every one.

Wonder if The Swoon will drop something like that for GAR as well.

• Like 4
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Thanks for the LJW video @twinkler0415! Yes, it was an LJW focus, but there were some cute scenes as Jun with LL as well! But since the video is asking, my favorite LJW? I can't decide! Even in DDSSLLS, LJW acted as both Jun and young Man Bok, and nailed both.

I've said this before, but LJW may not be the most drop dead gorgeous guy out there, but there is something soooo charismatic about him. His charisma and his solid acting is what draws me to his characters every time. He doesn't have a huge filmography yet, but he's been outstanding in every one.

Wonder if The Swoon will drop something like that for GAR as well.

So true about LJW , he's appeal is universal! Lol!😍 cant wait to see his next project (but Im not sure if I can ship him with other actress that is NOT GoAra! 🤣). 

Im looking at the page of the swoon, they almost never do special videos on leading ladies. Mosty male leads/2nd leads. Not unless the female is super duper famous... i think.... 😄

• Like 5

Yayyyy, subbed! Soft subs, so you need to turn on CC on Youtube to read them. I also included the Thai, which I ran through a few translators :)

I'm going out for dinner, so I'll reply to everyone when I'm back. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3
  • Party! 1