La La Jun (Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook)

1 hour ago, eNDe said:

KBS awards these actors then offer them dramas then I feel more inclined to not watch it. It seems so businessy

i think its how the entertainment industry works. But i'm still glad KBS offered the first lead to LJW when the others channel keep casting a big name for the leads. Through DDSSLLS, i got to becomes fans of larajun couple. :wow:

For the awards, i think LJW deserve for him potraying Jun very well.

• Like 6
9 hours ago, multiloverss said:

think seo kangjun accept that drama...

Oh okay 😅. Haven't watch that. I manage to watch his other drama The third charm, but I dropped it halfway as the flow of the drama was not to my liking 😆

6 hours ago, JenL said:

Oooh, I meant to post anniversary present this week....but work has been pretty hectic for me, so I'll hopefully get around to organising it next week! :hearties:

No worries.  Take your time. 🥰

6 hours ago, JenL said:

What was her character like in Romance is a bonus book @purplefin?

Hahaha..she was kinda annoying in this one too 😅. She was a rich, childish girl who went to work to the publishing house. She got better towards the end. I prefer her character in Sweet home. Sidenote, I also prefer the somewhat second couple (the artist and the girl editor? ) compared to the main leads. I didn't see any chemistry with the mains 😅, but the drama setting was nice. 

6 hours ago, JenL said:

Mmm, I'm not keen on this, though I do miss seeing LJW on screen. :idk:

Yeah, It will depend how badly I want to see him acting again 😅

6 hours ago, JenL said:

she was a piano major before a judge :pandahehe: 

Yes, there are some similarities 😅. L and GAR looked cute too but nothing beats RaraJun 😍

6 hours ago, JenL said:

I agree GAR and him would look very very pretty together!

Don't they?  🥰 hahaha. It might be a long way though. 

Hopefully GAR will get a new project soon too. 

6 hours ago, eNDe said:

Lastly, if it's always true that KBS awards these actors then offer them dramas then I feel more inclined to not watch it. It seems so businessy

That's what I was thinking as well, he is indebted to kbs most likely he'll accept the offer and because he's new he can't be picky with upcoming projects yet. The entertainment industry is also about  business maybe that's how kbs operates. It depends how his agency manages him as well.  I was hoping to see him not in another romcom this soon. DDSSLLS is still fresh in my heart and mind 😂

6 hours ago, eNDe said:

The drama gave us more than just that ending. :heiboi:

True, that's what I was saying before that some of the viewers were not too open minded about the drama and those are the ones who did not like it 😅.  

6 hours ago, eNDe said:

The Uncanny Counter and 18 Again

Is the uncanny counter worth watching? I heard there will be season 2. 

I do love 18 again, LDH is 🥰 there. 

6 hours ago, eNDe said:
On 26/01/2021 at 5:08 AM, multiloverss said:

If GAR has new drama this year, can they pairing her with yoo seung ho? I just finished watching "joseon magician".Both GAR and YSH has a nice chemistry in that film.

( BUT I STILL ROOTS FOR RARAJUN):love:

Expand  

Glad you've watch it! True, their chemistry is good right and also have a few nice bts for a film. I find GAR's character portrayal is so different for all the historical/sageuk dramas she has done

Might give this a try then, if I find a stream/copy 😅.  What I learned from GAR, she never tries conventional roles and I appreciate her for being different than most of the actresses in S.Korea.  I hope she gets her long overdue award soon. 

6 hours ago, eNDe said:

next...can you imagine his next character gets a proper wedding!

I am already getting upset just reading this 😅🤣 how much more if it will be really on the new drama or dramas to come 😅. He shall not get married (in dramaland ) unless GAR is his leading lady 😅🤣

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
16 hours ago, eNDe said:

next...can you imagine his next character gets a proper wedding! OMG

i'm just cannot imagine that. Hope he did not got his wedding in next drama because everytime i see wedding scene in drama, i feel bitter because DDSSLLS did not got proper wedding.:mad:

13 hours ago, purplefin said:

L and GAR looked cute too but nothing beats RaraJun

L and GAR is nice too but Rarajun over the top. :hearties:

13 hours ago, purplefin said:

He shall not get married (in dramaland ) unless GAR is his leading lady 😅🤣

Agreed....😆😍

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
On 1/27/2021 at 9:54 PM, eNDe said:

they need to get good ratings so offering another project immediately to LJW after ddsslls, seeing his great potential, is the best move to make and if a new actor doesn't have much say yet to which script to accept, LJW will be grateful to their swift offer, not forgetting the award he received. Gosh, thinking of the awards, makes me annoyed with KBS again.

Well said @eNDe. Super annoyed with KBS as well. Its like they pushed LJW against a wall with the award and like he cant refuse to accept a new project from them. (After how they sidelined DDSSLLS) ... still feel super bad for GAR though. I have read some comments from fans,who hated the ending of DDSSLLS, that GAR did carry the drama (I totally agree)... but was not even recognized by the network...

I hope LJW will not accept it... and just take a little break for now. (I just dont want him to be with anyone that is not GAR 😏)

On 1/27/2021 at 9:54 PM, eNDe said:

OMG...I would not have cared about wedding scenes if I didn't watch ddsslls but I think none of us here would be happy or able to watch him in such a scene despite being a different character. S

Lol!!! Yeah same here... we would all be so bitter if a wedding does happen in his next drama... hahaha 

-----‐-----

Just going to share. I read one thread/discussion in my drama list about GAR. One user there said like a 'conspiracy theory' on why maybe GAR never got an award. Its so funny to think that she/ he maybe right. 

This is what he/she wrote:

I question the integrity of all award shows to be honest.  I do find the Korean way of doing awards to be very odd.  Each network has award shows???  Perhaps because of the sheer number of dramas that is what they decided.  Depending on why she disappeared, I wouldn't be surprised to find her blackballed in some way.  Someone in power may have wanted something from her and she refused.  She may have quit or they may have tanked her career as punishment.  They allowed her to come back because she makes them money, but they won't honor her.  That scenario is highly possible in the entertainment industry.

You can read the discussion also if you like. Its short only

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/korean-actors-actresses/49251-let-s-talk-about-go-ara

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Thank you guys for always posting and sharing things about our Rara and Jun;)

I do think that LJW deserves his award but Rara should have won as well. Anyway, @twinkler0415, I have read before that GAR received so much criticism with her acting in Heading to the Ground so maybe that's why she took a hiatus from acting for several years after that. During this time, she was just very active in doing many CFs. She was also very active with her studies that time and finished it before joining Reply 1994. Yey! for GAR for finding time to finish her university degree;)

On a side note, I have learned that LJW was not able to enter the university that he wants to major in for acting so he studied again for university admissions for a year after high school (like Jun they were both late in entering university! haha) and was finally able to enter Chung Ang University (the university of Hyun Bin, GAR and many others) BUT only finished one semester because he got the role in Memories of the Alhambra and became the monster rookie that he is right now. He is actually on leave since then from Chung Ang University to focus on his acting career.

Anyway, going back to GAR, after her great comeback with Reply 1994, she became very active with many projects. Maybe because, school is not an issue anymore and she got really popular with Reply 1994. I do think that many of her dramas should have earned her acting awards but most of her well-received dramas were in cable channels like TVN, OCN and JTBC. Sadly her dramas in mainstream like KBS and SBS do not rate much (Hwarang, DDSSLLS) and her Haechi role was shortened because of her injuries. I really think that GAR is someone who works hard and tries to improve herself with every project, I know that someday her awards will eventually happen;)

@JenLI really like that instagram account of Rara and Jun and I liked that they edited the video to make it look like that Rara and Jun had their happy ending (the baby being theirs and that they were together all those 5 years). :heart:

@purplefinand @multiloverss, I totally agree! No weddings for LJW in ANY drama until he has one with GAR in a drama or a movie or a special project, even a photo shoot is fine with me! We deserve that! hahah:love:

Edited by Unnie0110
  • Like 5
  • Party! 1
17 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

One user there said like a 'conspiracy theory' on why maybe GAR never got an award. Its so funny to think that she/ he maybe right. 

This theory did enter my mind,  but I said it does happen more in hollywood I think 😅.  If ever that is true, I'm glad that she is brave enough to refuse whatever the offer was. Her fans alone are a testament of what a good actress and person she is. 

53 minutes ago, Unnie0110 said:

not able to enter the university that he wants to major in for acting so he studied again for university admissions for a year after high school (like Jun (they're were both late in entering university! haha) and was finally able to enter Chung Ang University (the university of Hyun Bin, GAR and many others) BUT only finished one semester because he got the role in Memories of the Alhambra and became the monster rookie that he is right now. He is actually on leave from Chung Ang University right now to focus on his acting career.

Thanks for this info, I was actually curious if he graduated 😅.  He did mention in ending interview of DDSSLLS that he and GAR are from the same Uni. I saw in IG, that GAR was back in Chung Ang in 2019 for some alumni work and I was wondering if LJW was there as a student 😅, but I think he must be busy filming. 

57 minutes ago, Unnie0110 said:

really like that instagram account of Rara and Jun and I liked that they edited the video to make it look like that Rara and Jun had their happy ending (the baby being theirs and that they were together all those 5 year

Praise @JenL and technology for how the ending  should be done. 👏😍

That would have been perfect. 

59 minutes ago, Unnie0110 said:

totally agree! No weddings for LJW in ANY drama until he has one with GAR in a drama or a movie or a special project, even a photo shoot is fine with me! We deserve that! hahah

Hahaha. True or even on real life 😅🙈  though it seems a bit farfetched 😆🙊😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Tasty 1
2 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

Rara should have won as well

you right. I never feel too dissapointed with KBS awards. I'm 100% confident KBS would give GAR awards but i'm wrong.:cry:

2 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

I have learned that LJW was not able to enter the university that he wants to major in for acting so he studied again for university admissions for a year after high school (like Jun they were both late in entering university! haha) and was finally able to enter Chung Ang University (the university of Hyun Bin, GAR and many others) BUT only finished one semester because he got the role in Memories of the Alhambra and became the monster rookie that he is right now. He is actually on leave since then from Chung Ang University to focus on his acting career.

first time i'm hearing about this. Thank for the info. I just hope he would take some break to continue his studies and at the same time active as a actor. 

• Like 6
On 1/26/2021 at 7:01 PM, Unnie0110 said:

I found this drama review of Dodosolsol. Like us they have been burned with the ending as well but liked the drama and the actors especially GAR and LJW.

Thanks for sharing @Unnie0110! I like to hear about new fans to the show...I guess everyone get burned or feels confused or sad about the ending. Very few people get to the end feeling entirely ok :lenny: But I like the fans who still enjoyed the good parts of the drama and still love GAR and LJW!

On 1/26/2021 at 7:01 PM, Unnie0110 said:

"On the positive side, I liked the music. I also have a new appreciation for Go Ara. And of course, I am now an official Lee Jae Wook fan. I hope his next project is a sageuk."

Woo new fans of GAR and LJW! I personally am not a fan of Sangeuk dramas...but would watch if they cast both GAR and LJW together... :heiboi::lol:

tCHyOEA.gif

On 1/27/2021 at 1:16 AM, twinkler0415 said:

There is a booklet of photos in the OST. But yeah, I was hoping for the piano pieces as well...

Im still happy with it... 🥰 its my very first time buying something drama related. But yeah kind of feel like it was sidelined again.... there was also an email to me before it was shipped out that the shipping out date would be delayed because of the supplier,  I suddenly got scared that what if the curse strikes again 😄 luckily it was still produced... tell me what you think of the quality when yours arrive

My one came in the mail today! :wow: 

I agree. It's quite sidelined...on the one hand at least there's a small photobook....on the other hand it's just stills that we have all seen...it would have been nice to have at least gotten some unreleased stills or something. Is the second disc background music @twinkler0415? I haven't listened to it just yet....will take some nice pictures of it tomorrow. I still like it too because it's all we got :hearties:

On 1/28/2021 at 12:54 AM, eNDe said:

First it's gonna be a rom-com/romance (again) and I've said it before this genre isn't my favourite so the chances of me skipping this is high if this is confirmed. (At least it isn't a zombie genre eh...that'll be zero chance I would watch! Just had a debate with my bro-in-law about zombie movies haha) 

Haha, if I'm really honest, I feel like I'll eventually get to be point of being ok with LJW doing romances in future...but I do need more time to feel like I'd want to see it happen and it needs to be with an actress I personally like. I'm not keen on that particular actress that he's apparently in talks with (I'm sure she's lovely irl, but she's not been to my liking so far). I would accept a zombie film as you all know already....a zombie romance with GAR? :BulbaOWO::laugh:

A typical rom-com/romance and is that what KBS want to give to LJW after much unhappiness from ddsslls's ending? Perhaps this will pacify some of LJW's fans who still find faults with ddsslls. 

I think it might be less to do with DDSSLLS and maybe more to do with a scheduling thing. I feel like they get scripts and then align with actors schedules and what might suit them? I think rom-coms/ romances are the fast climb up for actors in terms of fame. So it might be why they're offering it to him as a new-ish actor? :idk: Also LJW has been known to do very well in acting all his past romance roles too. I know a couple of big LJW fans on twitter also hope he can do action/ thriller roles since they all can't get over his sweet pairing with GAR either!

On 1/27/2021 at 6:10 AM, purplefin said:

When I  watched the ending for the first  time, I felt "betrayed" ( by the writers)  when Jun came back 😅 and I was really hurting for Rara. It was uncharacteristic for Jun to do that. But then watching it the second and the nth time, I was able to be open minded and find peace with it. 

I hope that some of his fans and new fans don't go about spreading their disappointment of ddsslls like as if it was such a disaster! I think as much as we could agree on what happened to Jun's character change at the end, I still remember the best of Jun that was hardworking and has a good heart even though he was depressed. 

I definitely still see waves of new watchers stressing over the ending.:letalQQ:

I don't mind the ones that are just shocked and upset, but still liked the series on the whole...it did take time to process the ending as it was soooo rough. And I definitely appreciate the fans who have processed it and still come back to the drama despite the ending like @purplefin.

It's just the ones that cancel the entire series and badmouth Jun's entire character very viciously that annoy me....like you had 13 episodes to know Jun's character and you liked him all throughout that time. Sure the writer's didn't do a great job in the last arc, but I also don't think his character was malicious either...just that the events at the end were not fleshed out enough to get from A to B. There are so many toxic kdrama males...but Jun's character never blamed or yelled at Lala in any way really...he always tried his best to look after her or made sure others looked after her :heart:

And another part of me, just want to voiced out at those ddsslls haters that the drama was not just about Jun. I find it infuriating, especially RaRa is overlooked as a main character who at least stayed true to herself and then there's the rest of the characters who made the drama memorable. And then there's the music that heals and the actual shooting locations like the LaLa Land that people can still visit (or visit some day). The drama gave us more than just that ending. 

Bravo! So well said @eNDe! The drama was so beautiful and warm on the whole and while I love Lala and Jun's romance, the romance was only one part of the story...it was also about community and life throwing you lemons and being unplanned sometimes....you experience sweetness and sadness, but hopefully the love of good people get you through :BulbaOWO::hearties:

On the plus side, a lot of LJW fans came to like GAR from this drama too :CharmanderYay:

Speaking of Filming locations, I found an Instagram which shows A LOT of the filming locations in Mokpo. I'm assuming the person must live in Mokpo and found it cool/funny to see everyday locations pop up in the drama. Although not necessarily a photographer, they took pictures with the same angles as in the drama :wow: I think I'll need to update my Mokpo/ DDSSLLS filming locations guide...I'm impressed at how many places they hunted down!

Instagram: Bluemint_hs

uTWuHLF.jpg

Ocp3Ikr.jpg

rZoozGk.jpg

joE5o1Y.jpg

Haha I was waiting for you to find all these little details of Park Cha O Reum that would remind you of RaRa as I did happily when I rewatched it weeks ago. Which episode are you at now? 

I'll start episode 3 over the weekend. It's a good watch so far....I was like "She was destined to be our Lala!" :BulbaOWO: Haha, actually her character is quite fun with elements of Lala too....that same big heart. I like the strongly feminist elements of the drama too. And KMS/L is pretty....but yeah, Lala Jun is still deep in my heart, of course :hearties:

Oh ya actually another thing about if LJW do get a rom-com project next...can you imagine his next character gets a proper wedding! OMG...I would not have cared about wedding scenes if I didn't watch ddsslls but I think none of us here would be happy or able to watch him in such a scene despite being a different character. Sorry LJW you'd have to make me wait long before I can see you in a wedding scene, being the groom with another character/actress or ever. haha. 

Oh my god, nooooooo :lettalKWA:

Yeah, I normally don't care for weddings...They are very overrated...but I do feel a sense of dread when my favourite pairing don't get a happy ending...but then one of the actors gets a super happy ending in their next series...it has happened before :letalQQ: 

I dread the day LJW gets a wedding scene. Even worse if it's with an actress I don't particularly like :psweatduck::psweatduck::psweatduck:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 1/28/2021 at 1:12 AM, purplefin said:

I do love 18 again, LDH is 🥰 there. 

Yes! The Uncanny Counter has lots of heart, humour, friendship and family despite it being a supernatural genre. I find myself warming up to each main characters (the counters) and their human stories before being a counter that I kept rooting for them and hoped for their safety too. So when the announcement of Season 2 came about, that means I can worry slightly less and see their teamwork again! :yayaya:

I just finished 18 Again and never thought it would make me teary eyed a lot thanks to LDH's great performance so I'll definitely will keep a lookout for his work! Also I watched some of its bts and he seems so lively then found out he's also from Chung-Ang University! I feel like if he gets to work with GAR, I wonder whose energy level will be higher throughout a filming. Haha. 

On 1/28/2021 at 1:12 AM, purplefin said:

What I learned from GAR, she never tries conventional roles and I appreciate her for being different than most of the actresses in S.Korea.

Exactly! Another actress I like to follow her work is Park Ha Sun. I discovered her around the same time as GAR and I love how different their methods and style of acting but both usually pick up female roles that interest me. PHS's performance with Lee Sang-yeob in Love Affairs in the Afternoon was superb, as was Ye Ji-Won's (Ms Jin of DDSSLLS). 

22 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

Just going to share. I read one thread/discussion in my drama list about GAR. One user there said like a 'conspiracy theory' on why maybe GAR never got an award. Its so funny to think that she/ he maybe right. 

Thanks for sharing this! I've always thought GAR improved and showed new ways of portraying a female character each time she picks a new project. For such effort, I would have think it's commendable by any film enthusiast let alone a network but I also realised being different sometimes doesn't always mean you'll be awarded. If I look at the Design industry, what's awarded is usually what's proven a commercial success or in some cases, you'll even need to pay for entry fee of sorts to get an award certification. Certainly, I have encountered these scenarios in my own experience. So in some ways, I can agree with the theory and did ponder about it once but evidence is much of a debate right. Some could say, hey, she did win awards during her debut days so what's the big deal but then again, anyone would want to be appreciated no matter where they are in their career, and whether or not they are in the main or supporting act. If I look at GAR, an actress with so much potential still, I definitely hope she remains on her own path, keep growing her craft, enjoy the experience and be true to herself. Again, just look at Leonardo DiCaprio's career and also his collaboration with director Martin Scorsese. Hence why I'm glad she voiced her interest for Reply 1994 and got the role that sealed a great collaborative partnership with the director. It might not be as famous as Leo's pairing with Scorsese but I think it's great she remain in good relationship with some directors through the years. That's a better reward in a long run. 

6 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

I do think that LJW deserves his award but Rara should have won as well.

No doubt LJW deserves the awards for his acting thus far. He's on the MVP seat right now so I hope that could at least give him confidence to pick the best project next. (oh pls not rom-com haha) And during that Kbs awards, anyone who don't see the couple awards being loop-sided to a certain drama, clearly didn't watch DDSSLLS so they can't appreciate RaRa and Jun. Oh wells, we can always create an award for RaRa and Jun here. I'm sure it'll be more fun and widely appreciated by DDSSLLS fans. :yayaya:

6 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

Sadly her dramas in mainstream like KBS and SBS do not rate much (Hwarang, DDSSLLS) and her Haechi role was shortened because of her injuries. I really think that GAR is someone who works hard and tries to improve herself with every project, I know that someday her awards will eventually happen;)

Yes, I agree and it will happen!  

------------------

Well then, time to reward the Twinkle :fam: here with a newly published "magazine" run by its editor Mimi! Issue 01 is now out! 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Enjoy your reads over the weekend! 

And free RaRa + Jun beach wedding postcard inside every copy! 

spacer.png

I decided to come out with this Mimi Magazine after reading this DDSSLLS review:

https://sunshineofthetropics.wordpress.com/2020/11/28/drama-do-do-sol-sol-la-la-sol/

She's such a sassy fluff ball of sunshine :hearties:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
8 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

have read before that GAR received so much criticism with her acting in Heading to the Ground so maybe that's why she took a hiatus from acting for several years after that. During this time, she was just very active in doing many CFs. She was also very active with her studies that time and finished it before joining Reply 1994. Yey! for GAR for finding time to finish her university degree;)

Oohh... thats nice to know. Maybe she tried to train to do better with her acting also...

1 hour ago, JenL said:

My one came in the mail today! :wow: 

I agree. It's quite sidelined...on the one hand at least there's a small photobook....on the other hand it's just stills that we have all seen...it would have been nice to have at least gotten some unreleased stills or something. Is the second disc background music @twinkler0415? I haven't listened to it just yet....will take some nice pictures of it tomorrow. I still like it too because it's all we got :hearties:

Yey!!!! :love: Youre right about the photos, I also wished they put some special pics that we havent seen yet... I havent actually listend to it yet, but I have seen the list of songs, its the same as the one they uplaod on youtube, all Background Music

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I know a couple of big LJW fans on twitter also hope he can do action/ thriller roles since they all can't get over his sweet pairing with GAR either!

😃... thats nice to know 🥰 were not alone who cant get over this two! 😆

1 hour ago, eNDe said:

Some could say, hey, she did win awards during her debut days so what's the big deal but then again, anyone would want to be appreciated no matter where they are in their career, and whether or not they are in the main or supporting act

Well said!!! 👏

1 hour ago, eNDe said:

Well then, time to reward the Twinkle :fam: here with a newly published "magazine" run by its editor Mimi! Issue 01 is now out!

Its so cute!!! I love your works!! :love:

Edited by twinkler0415
  • Like 5
  • Party! 1
On 1/28/2021 at 2:08 AM, multiloverss said:

i think its how the entertainment industry works. But i'm still glad KBS offered the first lead to LJW when the others channel keep casting a big name for the leads. Through DDSSLLS, i got to becomes fans of larajun couple. :wow:

For the awards, i think LJW deserve for him potraying Jun very well.

That is true...although I hold grudges against KBS over the awards, I am glad they offered the leads to LJW and GAR....without this, I guess we wouldn't have had a drama to love :heart:

And LJW totally did deserve his recognition for playing Jun, but I wish they had recognised GAR as well since she actually did really well as the title character. Even though I like Jun and LJW, I think GAR carried the series too. So that's why I think KBS was unfair. :letalQQ:

Someone else here at Janghaven who watched DDSSLLS and liked it (though isn't in this LJW/GAR thread) also said that they thought KBS did a poor job promoting the drama including quality of stills etc. I thought they did ok on social media...and the stills were always pretty in my opinion...I don't normally get so into a Korean drama that I look for all the BTS content so can't compare. Do any of you know if this was decent promoting? Would you say this was poor effort? :thinking:

But if KBS could have been involved in external promotions (eg. magazine shoots, interviews), I think they should have been more proactive in securing those for GAR and LJW. And maybe release more BTS videos, though I guess they were trying to save it for 'the DVD'. :idk: I realised that Extraordinary You probably has so much Making content because their special DVD with all bonuses got made :lenny:

I have to say the thing I like about Taiwanese dramas is that there is A LOT of BTS footage released for free since they don't sell Making DVDs...Taiwanese dramas can be up to 20 episodes long and the Making footage at the end of each episode is always 10 minutes long (That's like 200 minutes worth of free Making footage altogether!)...Also they often don't just show the actors filming the scenes....but more of them playing together and being silly...but that might be a more cultural thing, since Taiwanese actors are more comfortable being candid: pretending to be married as their characters behind the scenes or play-acting as siblings or telling stories about their personal lives like how they grew up, or cute stories about what their co-stars did for them etc ...Koreans are more reserved...and definitely have crazier fans they would not want to accidentally offend, so I don't think their actors let you see them in a more candid way :pandascared:

On 1/28/2021 at 4:12 AM, purplefin said:

No worries.  Take your time. 🥰

Friends said it was too hard to hear what they're saying on the video I wanted to translate since it's one of the quieter ones :letalQQ: I'll ask someone else and see if they might be able to help...but no promises!

In the meantime, here's another great Instagram account with edits of Jun and Lala:

Instagrammer: Kdramaparallels 

This is a multi-fandom account, so you might have to scroll down to see some of the DDSSLLS content...but they draw parallels between different scenes and perspectives in dramas. I think it's such a smart idea and their edits are pretty too! Also you'll all be happy to read the beautiful positive comments written by fans even though they were disappointed with the ending on the first meetings post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CISUx__JV4p/

Parallel storylines

JA0LiS8.jpg

Parallel first meetings

UqyvMHT.jpg

Parallel bike rides

yVMyS0N.jpg

Hahaha..she was kinda annoying in this one too 😅. She was a rich, childish girl who went to work to the publishing house. She got better towards the end. I prefer her character in Sweet home. 

Yeah, It will depend how badly I want to see him acting again 😅

Ah, that's good to know since I never watched it. It just confirms what I already know...that I'm not feeling it with this actress...and haven't been charmed by her interviews/instagram/ BTS stuff. Like you, I feel like it will depend on how badly I want to see LJW and how they present the feel of the drama. Maybe the actress will grow on me....but can't see anyone replacing Lala and Jun that's for sure! :wow:

That's what I was thinking as well, he is indebted to kbs most likely he'll accept the offer and because he's new he can't be picky with upcoming projects yet. The entertainment industry is also about  business maybe that's how kbs operates. It depends how his agency manages him as well.  I was hoping to see him not in another romcom this soon. DDSSLLS is still fresh in my heart and mind 😂

Yep, it is kind of feeling indebted to the station for sure! And without news of competition with offers, I think they just end up taking a particular project because it's what's available to them. I also agree that their agencies will definitely have a say in advising if they pick something or not, probably for relationship purposes. 

I don't know if they often take a long time to organise, but it feels like it's been awhile, so maybe LJW personally isn't too keen to do this one too :smug:...even though he may take it if that's what is expected of him :letalQQ:

Yes definitely worth watching! I loved The Uncanny Counter so much...recently finished the series since it's ended it's first season's run! It's very different content and style wise from DDSSLLS, but it has that same warmth and community spirit that DDSSLLS has too. You'll really love the counters and their family and friends. Highly recommend for a watch! :hearties:

I am already getting upset just reading this 😅🤣 how much more if it will be really on the new drama or dramas to come 😅. He shall not get married (in dramaland ) unless GAR is his leading lady 😅🤣

Hahaha I like how we are all like: No weddings for you on screen unless it's with GAR 

:KittyBan::NoHalCat::laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Awesome 1

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

11 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

Its so cute!!! I love your works!! :love:

Thank you! Hope it cheers everyone up :yayaya:

44 minutes ago, JenL said:

I don't normally get so into a Korean drama that I look for all the BTS content so can't compare. Do any of you know if this was decent promoting? Would you say this was poor effort? :thinking:

I can only deduce based on GAR's past appearances for promotion so it could also be KBS doesn't have popular variety shows like Running Man (SBS) or Knowing Brothers (JTBC) that usually will invite casts to promote their dramas. GAR appeared in RM for Haechi (SBS/2019)) and and KB for Miss Hammurabi (JTBC/2018) with the casts and I don't remember she had any special promo for Black (OCN/2017) either. Happy Together (KBS) ended in April 2020 otherwise this could be the show to promote DDSSLLS so in the end, it was done through the KBS Cool FM radio interview. After the translation, it was an insightful interview. Overall, I think they did the basics. Nothing outside the box. haha. Given that job to Netflix and The Swoon. 

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Also they often don't just show the actors filming the scenes....but more of them playing together and being silly...but that might be a more cultural thing, since Taiwanese actors are more comfortable being candid:

That's great that they are more open in their communication with each other and fans of the show. I guess there's some things we can get and can't get from each country and culture. Too many interviews might not always mean a good thing instead seem repetitive in some cases like in the U.S. when they interview the group BTS. haha. I usually skip most of their U.S. interview appearances because I prefer when the group addressed their fans directly through their own shows, posts and candid recordings. :rmbtshi:

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Friends said it was too hard to hear what they're saying on the video I wanted to translate since it's one of the quieter ones :letalQQ: I'll ask someone else and see if they might be able to help...but no promises!

It's ok @JenL! No worries! You did great with the radio interview already! That was fun to watch and rewatch :1000: till we wait for the day LJW will be a son-in-law to Sung Dong-Il and the groom to GAR in another drama/film. Haha. 

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Instagrammer: Kdramaparallels 

This is a multi-fandom account, so you might have to scroll down to see some of the DDSSLLS content...but they draw parallels between different scenes and perspectives in dramas. I think it's such a smart idea and their edits are pretty too! Also you'll all be happy to read the beautiful positive comments written by fans even though they were disappointed with the ending on the first meetings post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CISUx__JV4p/

You're right, I love their positive comments! Thanks for sharing this! :hearties:

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I like how we are all like: No weddings for you on screen unless it's with GAR 

:KittyBan::NoHalCat::laugh:

:facts: we'll be the judge who can be LJW's onscreen bride :KittyMallet: 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, JenL said:

I personally am not a fan of Sangeuk dramas...but would watch if they cast both GAR and LJW together... :heiboi::lol:

tCHyOEA.gif

What if in RaRa's quirky mind, this was what she imagine for Sun-Ja and Man-Bok's love story? I think it's possible and a funny version. haha. More true to RaRa and Jun's style of communicating. 

13 hours ago, JenL said:

On the plus side, a lot of LJW fans came to like GAR from this drama too :CharmanderYay:

:Party01::Party02:

13 hours ago, JenL said:

Speaking of Filming locations, I found an Instagram which shows A LOT of the filming locations in Mokpo. I'm assuming the person must live in Mokpo and found it cool/funny to see everyday locations pop up in the drama. Although not necessarily a photographer, they took pictures with the same angles as in the drama :wow: I think I'll need to update my Mokpo/ DDSSLLS filming locations guide...I'm impressed at how many places they hunted down!

Instagram: Bluemint_hs

This is cool. I won't get tired of seeing people posting their visits to these film locations ever! It's beautiful even on its own and great work by the location scouting team. "Good, good, good!" 

13 hours ago, JenL said:

It's a good watch so far....I was like "She was destined to be our Lala!" :BulbaOWO: Haha, actually her character is quite fun with elements of Lala too....that same big heart. I like the strongly feminist elements of the drama too. And KMS/L is pretty....but yeah, Lala Jun is still deep in my heart, of course :hearties:

Yeah the female roles in the MH are all strong in their own way and I always appreciate the writing for this drama even though it's harder to suggest to people due to the strong issues being addressed, although done minimally and unobtrusively in the overall storytelling. 

I remember watching the short scenes + bts of her playing piano in MH and I thought it would be great if she showcase the musical side of her in a musical drama. Let music be the one to change people next. So glad she did in DDSSLLS! 

RaRa and Jun are just very quirky and I like them that way. :yayaya:

• Like 5
1 hour ago, eNDe said:

we'll be the judge who can be LJW's onscreen bride

4 hours ago, JenL said:

true...indeed:laugh:.

LJW first lead and his already had

imaginary partner wedding scene from us.

:wow:

2 hours ago, eNDe said:

Given that job to Netflix and The Swoon. 

netflix give a good promotion for DDSSLLS...we got 3 three games +TMI interview for GAR and LJW. We got to see their interaction....I also like the interview promotion by KBS.

• Like 6
On 1/28/2021 at 5:18 PM, multiloverss said:

i'm just cannot imagine that. Hope he did not got his wedding in next drama because everytime i see wedding scene in drama, i feel bitter because DDSSLLS did not got proper wedding.:mad:

They shouldn't have baited the viewers with Lala's almost-weddings to 2 other guys and Jun crashing those weddings...because it was unfair not to give them a wedding by doing that. :letalQQ:

But I do appreciate the runaway beach scene. It was sweet and the BTS videos of GAR and LJW were so lovely. If only they had done another version for our OTP. 

On 1/28/2021 at 5:18 PM, multiloverss said:

L and GAR is nice too but Rarajun over the top. :hearties:

Hahah agreed! I'm up to episode 3 so far and they're both cute, but Jun and Lala definitely remain my faves! :duckhearts:

On 1/29/2021 at 2:11 AM, twinkler0415 said:

Well said @eNDe. Super annoyed with KBS as well. Its like they pushed LJW against a wall with the award and like he cant refuse to accept a new project from them. (After how they sidelined DDSSLLS) ... still feel super bad for GAR though. I have read some comments from fans,who hated the ending of DDSSLLS, that GAR did carry the drama (I totally agree)... but was not even recognized by the network...

I wonder if there's any actors who have gotten an award and then turned down the next role at that station for something else? :thinking: I assume not all negotiations always go well and I hope LJW's agency won't just make him take a role just to have something for the year. I really hope the project either ends up with an actress I like or that he gets offered something else from another station. Something like upcoming dramas Taxi Driver (SBS) or Beyond Evil (JTBC) would be cool!

I have to say it's ironic that they didn't acknowledge GAR in the role that suited her personality best! :letalQQ:I think she was quite cut out for the role of Lala and gave the character so much life! But I wonder if it worked against her as in the excuse they would give was that she was not acting as something different or challenging to her personality? :thinking: For me personally, I think acting is good if you make your character convincing and give the character heart, regardless of if you're similar to the character or not, but also regardless to whether the character is likeable, dislikeable etc.

On 1/29/2021 at 2:11 AM, twinkler0415 said:

On 1/29/2021 at 6:43 PM, Unnie0110 said:

I do think that many of her dramas should have earned her acting awards but most of her well-received dramas were in cable channels like TVN, OCN and JTBC. Sadly her dramas in mainstream like KBS and SBS do not rate much (Hwarang, DDSSLLS) and her Haechi role was shortened because of her injuries. I really think that GAR is someone who works hard and tries to improve herself with every project, I know that someday her awards will eventually happen;)

Hahaha conspiracy theories should always be taken with a grain of salt. But I think there are points that could be valid. :SquirtleSquadCool:

My personal feelings about why she hasn't gotten as much recognition is:

-GAR has often said yes to a diverse range of projects, but most of them were not super mainstream/ unexpected high ratings projects. They were well received, but were not unexpectedly and extremely high in ratings. TV stations probably care about recognition  :lenny:

-GAR hasn't gone up the conventional paths of picking more romances or being an idol...which seems to be the easy paths to fame. I guess if you look at some others like Park Shin Hye, they did more romances early in their acting career (You're Beautiful, Heartstrings etc)...I feel like it's more common for drama fans to follow particular genres and romances definitely hold a big slice of the drama genre pie. The other thing would be idol status...ex-idols have huge followings. Bigger fan base = more recognition as a "Brand" which would probably get you awarded. :pandascared:

-Lastly @Unnie0110's point makes sense that her cable shows have been more popular than larger channel shows. But she does work hard, so hopefully she'll get her recognition with the right project one day.

On 1/29/2021 at 7:44 PM, purplefin said:

This theory did enter my mind,  but I said it does happen more in hollywood I think 😅.  If ever that is true, I'm glad that she is brave enough to refuse whatever the offer was. Her fans alone are a testament of what a good actress and person she is.  

Nah, this definitely happens just as much in Korea too. It might even be worse if I think about Burning Sun scandal type stuff. But I hope it's never happened to GAR and it's becoming less prominent since some of those big scandal reveals...but I do think the reasons I listed above probably are the main non-conspiracy reasons.

On a side note, I have learned that LJW was not able to enter the university that he wants to major in for acting so he studied again for university admissions for a year after high school (like Jun they were both late in entering university! haha) and was finally able to enter Chung Ang University (the university of Hyun Bin, GAR and many others) BUT only finished one semester because he got the role in Memories of the Alhambra and became the monster rookie that he is right now. He is actually on leave since then from Chung Ang University to focus on his acting career.

Thanks for this info, I was actually curious if he graduated 😅.  He did mention in ending interview of DDSSLLS that he and GAR are from the same Uni. I saw in IG, that GAR was back in Chung Ang in 2019 for some alumni work and I was wondering if LJW was there as a student 😅, but I think he must be busy filming. 

Wow, Thanks for sharing! For some reason I thought he got into uni early due to some other behind the scenes or interview things I'd seen, but maybe I'm mistaken. I have seen his audition tapes floating around Twitter before and it's quite interesting to see him perform as a newbie! :wow: I'm glad he's technically at GAR's old uni though. Imagine if they ran into each other through uni as well. Haha...my imagination from missing DDSSLLS moments! :heiboi:

@JenLI really like that instagram account of Rara and Jun and I liked that they edited the video to make it look like that Rara and Jun had their happy ending (the baby being theirs and that they were together all those 5 years). :heart:

Praise @JenL and technology for how the ending  should be done. 👏😍

That would have been perfect. 

That Instagram account is lovely and I'm glad they edited the alternative ending we all wanted. Haha, one day I want to try making a longer version of that. 

Anyway, since we mentioned Instagram, just sharing some nice fan art with you all from Instagram:

These expressions are adorable :wow::hearties:

02eASmI.jpg

I also love this video edit: https://www.instagram.com/p/CHuCm62DPqN/

The song is: 'What is Love?' by Jaymes Young and it sounds quite sad...wonder if it would make some fans sad because of the lyrics...but I feel like it's still a beautiful edit

V92Fky2.gif

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 29/01/2021 at 2:28 PM, JenL said:

Woo new fans of GAR and LJW! I personally am not a fan of Sangeuk dramas...but would watch if they cast both GAR and LJW together... :heiboi::lol:

tCHyOEA.gif

Even  if this scene is not from the same drama, the chemistry is still undeniable 😍. Thanks for saving this gif 🥰.  I want to watch them in a saeguk too 😅

zombie romance with GAR?

Why not? Hahaha..as long as they are both in the same drama/movie/project 🤣😆😅

since they all can't get over his sweet pairing with GAR either!

Glad to know there are others like us. 🤣😅

On 29/01/2021 at 2:29 PM, eNDe said:

Also I watched some of its bts and he seems so lively then found out he's also from Chung-Ang University! I feel like if he gets to work with GAR, I wonder whose energy level will be higher throughout a filming. Haha. 

Hahaha. It would be nice to see that. I find it interesting that LDH and LJW have kinda the same vibes like everyone was thinking they are way older than their actual age. 😆

On 30/01/2021 at 1:23 AM, JenL said:

but I wish they had recognised GAR as well since she actually did really well as the title character. Even though I like Jun and LJW, I think GAR carried the series too. So that's why I think KBS was unfair. 

I agree. She made us ( and eunpo people) love Rara despite her supposedly annoying character.  I think that is a hard thing to portray. She gave the character its heart and soul. 

On 30/01/2021 at 1:23 AM, JenL said:

But if KBS could have been involved in external promotions (eg. magazine shoots, interviews), I think they should have been more proactive in securing those for GAR and LJW. And maybe release more BTS videos, though I guess they were trying to save it for 'the DVD

I was keen to see them in a magazine photo shoot together while they were doing the drama, but sadly none of it happened. The KBS interview was good as well as the netflix/ the swoon games. 

12 hours ago, JenL said:

They shouldn't have baited the viewers with Lala's almost-weddings to 2 other guys and Jun crashing those weddings...because it was unfair not to give them a wedding by doing that. :letalQQ:

It was really unfair. A wedding photo  of them (at the epilogue) would have suffice. 😔

12 hours ago, JenL said:

have to say it's ironic that they didn't acknowledge GAR in the role that suited her personality best!

A friend of mine suggested that because that it's too close to her personality maybe KBS weren't to keen to give her the award. But I beg to differ,  it's not supposed to matter as long as you gave life and the viewers felt the personal growth of the character.  I think that is most important.

As I mentioned above, making a supposedly annoying character likeable is hard. Good acting aside, one also has to have charisma and I think that is something that can't be acquired. 

On 29/01/2021 at 2:29 PM, eNDe said:

Love Affairs in the Afternoon was superb

I was interested with this one before but I haven't watched it as I have to stream it somewhere. Is it good?  😅

@eNDe,  Thank you for mimi's magazine covers and RaraJun beach scene. They are all lovely 🥰

12 hours ago, JenL said:

wonder if there's any actors who have gotten an award and then turned down the next role at that station for something else? :thinking: 

I wonder that too. I think one has to be brave enough to not follow the norm. 

‐-------

I am now contemplating to get the OST. 🤔😅

Thank you all for sharing every bits and bobs of our lovely couple 🥰

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 5
On 1/30/2021 at 1:29 AM, eNDe said:

Exactly! Another actress I like to follow her work is Park Ha Sun. I discovered her around the same time as GAR and I love how different their methods and style of acting but both usually pick up female roles that interest me. PHS's performance with Lee Sang-yeob in Love Affairs in the Afternoon was superb, as was Ye Ji-Won's (Ms Jin of DDSSLLS). 

There are some actresses that you just can't help to follow across most of their projects because they're just so interesting and take on diverse roles....Also some actresses just have this aura - if I feel like they have bring this warm, genuine and convincing nature to their roles, then I'm sold. Go Ara has this kind of spark...Other actresses who I think have really done this for me in multiple projects include: Park Eun Bin, Park Bo Young, Nam Ji Hyun & Lee Joo Young. I was hoping if LJW had to get paired up with someone other than GAR, it would be someone on this list...for example, Lee Joo Young is super cool and and rarely does romance lines...her and LJW in some sort of action series would be so cool :BulbaOWO: If he has to work with new actresses, these are some of my faves.

But honestly, if they could just pair LJW with GAR again, that would work. I'm not hard to please :laugh::lenny::hearties:

Thanks for sharing this! I've always thought GAR improved and showed new ways of portraying a female character each time she picks a new project. For such effort, I would have think it's commendable by any film enthusiast let alone a network but I also realised being different sometimes doesn't always mean you'll be awarded. 

I agree. I feel like GAR is a little bit against the grain when it comes to the industry. But her nature is also what brings varying and often quirky characters to life :wow: However, whether the industry want to recognise it officially is sometimes hard to tell...sometimes they have a cookie cutter approach to the stars they pick for awards :idk: 

Award snubs hurt...but I guess you see it everywhere, not just Korea. Even really talented American/International actors who have been in the industry for years experience it when the industry such as the Oscars overlooks them (Eg. Leo Dicaprio, Harrison Ford, Amy Adams) Or in the music world, when the Grammys overlooks certain singers/performers (Eg. The Weeknd was snubbed despite having both a commercially successful and critically acclaimed album, while Taylor Swift picks up awards like every year because the industry like her). I guess even though it sucks, GAR is in good company when you look at the wider world and see it happen to lots of equally talented and hard working people :heart:

If I look at GAR, an actress with so much potential still, I definitely hope she remains on her own path, keep growing her craft, enjoy the experience and be true to herself.... I think it's great she remain in good relationship with some directors through the years. That's a better reward in a long run. 

This is true...I hope she knows she has a big group of fans, including international ones...And with the good relationships she's fostered with Directors, as well as how close LJW looked to be with DDSSLLS's director, hopefully they can reunite for some project one day even if it's just a cameo :wow:

And free RaRa + Jun beach wedding postcard inside every copy! 

I decided to come out with this Mimi Magazine after reading this DDSSLLS review:

https://sunshineofthetropics.wordpress.com/2020/11/28/drama-do-do-sol-sol-la-la-sol/

She's such a sassy fluff ball of sunshine :hearties:

Ahhhh!!! Thank you for the beautiful Mimi Magazine edits!!! :heart::hearties::heart:

I saw them when you posted and saved them instantly! But it's taken me awhile to get back to everyone's replies since I like to write so much :laugh:

I love that sweet fluff ball so much...and I thought the postcard of Lala and Jun were so cute. Your edits are so amazing and pretty. Like mock ups for a real publication I wish we could buy! Thanks so much for taking the time to make them :BulbaOWO:

Mimi's (Byeol's) Instagrams were soooo cute today:

GsJKJKD.jpg

On 1/30/2021 at 1:54 AM, twinkler0415 said:

Yey!!!! :love: Youre right about the photos, I also wished they put some special pics that we havent seen yet... I havent actually listend to it yet, but I have seen the list of songs, its the same as the one they uplaod on youtube, all Background Music

@twinkler0415 Did you make an unboxing of the DDSSLLS OST?? I saw it pop up on my instagram and then it somehow popped up on my Youtube feed!

And to finish off...today's gifs of Lala and Jun are by

Instagrammer: Softcon_ok

They are a LJW fan, but also a DDSSLLS fan who has a multi-fandom account...but they made his cute little Insta stories where they put these blush sparkles over Lala and Jun. I don't know why I like her idea...I just do because it's cute!

eRY6w1p.gif

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

On 2/1/2021 at 11:10 PM, JenL said:

they put these blush sparkles over Lala and Jun. I don't know why I like her idea...I just do because it's cute!

yes....both of them look cute.I wish to see them in next drama and if they can made cameo together it would be nice 

Other actresses who I think have really done this for me in multiple projects include: Park Eun Bin, Park Bo Young

i like park bo young and park eunbin. Both of them also good and always take different roles.

On 2/1/2021 at 8:18 AM, purplefin said:

A wedding photo  of them (at the epilogue) would have suffice

yes it would be better....the writer also owned us as viewer rarajun scene together in last episode. 

• Like 6

You know I was looking at old behind the scenes for other dramas and realised that a lot of dramas had a wrap up party or dinner after the drama finished airing (so not the celebrations when they finished filming, but an actual party...I know Extraordinary You and Strong Woman Do Bong Soon did this as there were media photos and the actors did lives from the dinners). I don't know/ or don't think DDSSLLS got one :letalQQ: Does anyone else know if they did? 

I can't tell if it was because the drama wasn't a ratings hit or because last year Covid hit Korea hard and they had rules for gatherings. I think I'll go with the latter though since I did notice that there didn't seem to be parties for bigger Kdramas like Start Up. And I guess even Taiwanese dramas that always wrap up with a dinner chose to do other things like the casts went on camping trips! Imagine if the cast of DDSSLLS went camping together. It would be so cute. :laugh::BulbaOWO:

On 1/30/2021 at 2:39 PM, eNDe said:

Thank you! Hope it cheers everyone up :yayaya:

Your amazing edits always cheer us up @eNDe:hearties::heart: I still look at your amazing magazine covers and spreads...Haha I was reminded of your GAR & LJW pictures a few days ago when this I saw this (old) casting announcement video pop up by one of Go Ara's fan clubs...looks like they had the same idea and wanted to put LJW and GAR's sexy shoots side by side 

:smug::lol:

I can only deduce based on GAR's past appearances for promotion so it could also be KBS doesn't have popular variety shows like Running Man (SBS) or Knowing Brothers (JTBC) that usually will invite casts to promote their dramas. GAR appeared in RM for Haechi (SBS/2019)) and and KB for Miss Hammurabi (JTBC/2018) with the casts and I don't remember she had any special promo for Black (OCN/2017) either. Happy Together (KBS) ended in April 2020 otherwise this could be the show to promote DDSSLLS so in the end, it was done through the KBS Cool FM radio interview. After the translation, it was an insightful interview. Overall, I think they did the basics. Nothing outside the box. haha. Given that job to Netflix and The Swoon. 

Actually this explanation makes a lot of sense! I do feel like K-Dramas like to promote through variety shows, but if there's nothing available, I guess they could only go to their next available media channels (radio). I guess at least they did that....but I would have liked a magazine shoot too :smile: It seems the cast of True Beauty also did a radio interview, but were given a major magazine photo shoot too. I guess they had the advantage of their male lead being an idol and the story being based off a popular webtoon (with the casts all looking a lot like their characters). Oh well, no use crying over split milk. I can only be grateful to Netflix and The Swoon for trying their best and giving us lots of games content which showed us playful GAR and LJW :wow::love:

That's great that they are more open in their communication with each other and fans of the show. I guess there's some things we can get and can't get from each country and culture. Too many interviews might not always mean a good thing instead seem repetitive in some cases like in the U.S. when they interview the group BTS.

Yeah, I find interviews only really scratch the surface of actor interactions since they tend to talk about the same very introductory elements of the drama when they do their drama promotional rounds...I prefer watching behind the scenes and stuff like games instead...and the more candid interactions if they choose to do Facebook/Instagram lives or post. K-Ent industry is a lot more reserved compared to TW-Ent industry on this front, but I love that GAR is soooo candid on social media. I love that she posts so many photos with co-stars and that she's ...I think it really shows her genuine and more carefree nature, which comes through in her characters as well :BulbaOWO::hearties:

It's ok @JenL! No worries! You did great with the radio interview already! That was fun to watch and rewatch :1000: till we wait for the day LJW will be a son-in-law to Sung Dong-Il and the groom to GAR in another drama/film. Haha. 

Awww Thanks! I'm glad you all loved the interview and have watched it a few times :wow: Haha I really loved that interaction between LJW and SDI too...that whole father-in-law grilling son-in-law made me laugh so much :laugh: I would love to see the 3 of them in a drama together. I'm enjoying his character in Miss Hammurabi so far!

As for the translation project...I'm still asking some friends. It's been a hectic fortnight at work, so haven't made much progress...but still determined to try and translate/ sub it somehow. Surely someone in this world will be able to hear their quiet talking in that video! :BulbaOWO:

:facts: we'll be the judge who can be LJW's onscreen bride :KittyMallet: 

Hahaha so true. We have the final say! :lol:

@purplefin @Unnie0110 @multiloverss @twinkler0415Speaking of LJW's next drama, I heard the actress he was rumoured to be paired with (Park Gyu Young) has just been confirmed for another drama, 'Devil Judge' which will be shown on TVN and whose script is written by the person who did Miss Hammurabi: 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1452210wpp/ji-sung-kim-min-jung-got7s-jinyoung-and-park-gyu-young-confirmed-for-new-tvn-drama

Dare I hope that she's not going to be paired up with LJW?? :heiboi: But I'm going to wait to hear  since it could be possible that she could do 2 dramas in the same year depending on when they're scheduled to shoot. I remember hearing that LJW shot Search WWW while overlapping his shooting with Extraordinary You. I just want him to do a good project or get a better pairing! :wow2:

By the way it seems like maybe a lot of fans are starting to miss DDSSLLS...my twitter posts about missing DDSSLLS have been more popular lately and no remarks about the ending! :lol:

Today's Jun and Lala posts by...

Instagrammer: ByJaninini

Cute illustrations and poems. They said DDSSLLS made them feel like they were in love again!

mGWyA6D.jpg

xCttSxd.jpg

Also, not the smoothest edit...but they way they look at each other... :BulbaOWO:

EbSbEP3.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

On 1/30/2021 at 3:21 PM, eNDe said:

What if in RaRa's quirky mind, this was what she imagine for Sun-Ja and Man-Bok's love story? I think it's possible and a funny version. haha. More true to RaRa and Jun's style of communicating. 

Haha it's quite possible that Lala's imagination would be this crazy. Actually speaking about Sunja and Manbok, The Swoon included LJW and GAR as both characters in a post which was a collection of "vintage scenes" comparing dramas that had the actors dress up as characters from another time period...

Fdozknw.jpg

This is cool. I won't get tired of seeing people posting their visits to these film locations ever! It's beautiful even on its own and great work by the location scouting team. "Good, good, good!" 

There's so many pretty locations photos. If I have time this weekend, I'll be editing my filming locations posts - There's so many new photos I'd like to include! Another thing I found out is that they put a replica piano statue in the place where the rainbow piano originally was situated for the shoot...so it's another permanent filming location photo spot/ commemoration :wow:

SOsC7KW.jpg

7dhtwKV.jpg

Yeah the female roles in the MH are all strong in their own way and I always appreciate the writing for this drama even though it's harder to suggest to people due to the strong issues being addressed, although done minimally and unobtrusively in the overall storytelling. 

I remember watching the short scenes + bts of her playing piano in MH and I thought it would be great if she showcase the musical side of her in a musical drama. Let music be the one to change people next. So glad she did in DDSSLLS! 

I'm enjoying Miss Hammurabi a lot for all the strong female characters and GAR and KMS/L's performances, both individually and together. I think the civil cases are interesting as well since they make you examine both sides along with the judges. I do find some of the cases quite dramatic though...haha, having sat through a few civil cases for law related subjects in school, my memories of civil cases involved less tears, that's for sure. I find too much crying a bit grating to watch at times (which is why I avoid medical dramas), but I really like the backstories of the courtroom characters, so that has helped to balance it out. At episode 6, I like the politician's story about his photo and the right to forget. It was such an interesting concept for a legal dilemma. :BulbaOWO:

Also lots of DDSSLLS links in MH - finally saw Jun's dad as a judge, so not as evil as he normally is :laugh: And in episode 6, the piano piece playing at the restaurant is Jun and Lala's love song, "Pleasure of Love!" :wow: GAR also plays a lot of piano in MH...you're right, it only made sense for her to do a series showing her musical talents....DDSSLLS was perfect for her! 

RaRa and Jun are just very quirky and I like them that way. :yayaya:

I loved their quirkiness...which was a perfect combination of funny, charming and cute/ often heart fluttery, all combined into one. :hearties:

A39SHbW.gif

Is anyone watching Run On? If GAR and LJW ever worked together again, I wouldn't mind them both picking up a script from the Run On scriptwriter. The dialogue in that drama is also quirky, though different to what I described above for DDSSLLS. It's more off-beat, ironic/intelligent humour and high level frankness....but it's also a lot of fun! I think the writer is set to give the characters a better ending too :lenny: 

• Like 6

22 hours ago, JenL said:

Does anyone else know if they did? 

I did wonder too. I knew they celebrated with a surprise separately for LJW and GAR on their last day of filming but I didn't see them go out with the cast and crew as a whole.  Maybe because it was covid, it was restricted? I was looking forward to the after party as well but... 😔

22 hours ago, JenL said:

if the cast of DDSSLLS went camping together. It would be so cute. :laugh::BulbaOWO:

Indeed. 🥰😅 They should probably celebrate in the future even if its just a small get together. LJW and YJW both won awards. 😉

22 hours ago, JenL said:

heard the actress he was rumoured to be paired with (Park Gyu Young) has just been confirmed for another drama, 'Devil Judge

And there's no confirmation still with regards to her drama with LJW?

haven't heard any from LJW's side, has he confirmed? 🤔

22 hours ago, JenL said:

the way it seems like maybe a lot of fans are starting to miss DDSSLLS...my twitter posts about missing DDSSLLS have been more popular lately and no remarks about the ending! :lol:

That's good. I'm happy that others miss and love this drama too 🥰. The drama despite its flaws needs to be appreciated. 

Love the poems and edits 😍.  I hope GAR and LJW could see how this drama influenced the viewers/fans  in a positive way. 😊

19 hours ago, JenL said:

The Swoon included LJW and GAR as both characters in a post which was a collection of "vintage scenes"

I think one of the swoon staff is a fan of this pairing. Hahaha..They always include the two as much as they can 😂😍

19 hours ago, JenL said:

There's so many new photos I'd like to include! Another thing I found out is that they put a replica piano statue in the place where the rainbow piano originally was situated for the shoot...so it's another permanent filming location photo spot/

I find it amazing how you guys find these information 😅. This made my feet itch and wanted to go badly to S. Korea 😆🤣. Hahaha. 

19 hours ago, JenL said:

I'm enjoying Miss Hammurabi a lot for all the strong female characters and GAR and KMS/L's performances, both individually and together. I think the civil cases are interesting as well since they make you examine both sides along with the judges. I do find some of the cases quite dramatic though...haha

Yeah..Iove the feminist theme in this drama too. This is one of the few dramas that did made me cry 😅.  I just wished they were more romantic scenes in the drama but at the same time I love it's more focus on their jobs and the people that surround them. It's quite refreshing to watch. 

19 hours ago, JenL said:

loved their quirkiness...which was a perfect combination of funny, charming and cute/ often heart fluttery, all combined into one. :hearties:

A39SHbW.gif

This is one of my faves too 😍😂.  Love it when Jun is caught off guard and becomes flustered. Hahaha.  Sooo cuuute. 🥰

19 hours ago, JenL said:

anyone watching Run On?

Not a big fan of the actress, I'm sorry, though I heard the story is quite nice and they got good chemistry too. 

I'm still on reruns of DDSSLLS 😆😅

------------

Btw, off topic, I have been meaning to ask this,  does anyone know what GAR was drinking in the drama? 😅 The white pouch/pack thing.  It might be a collagen or health drink of some sort. My friend and I have been searching on the net but can't find the brand 🤣

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 6
22 hours ago, JenL said:

Does anyone else know if they did? 

i think DDSSLLS got the wrap up party but did not do openly like usual drama as they still has pandemic covid 19.

I think they had a wrap up party after last filming of drama.

i see in jaemin ig, he updated photo with LJW

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHXj4bln4V5/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

this one with GAR

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHfR4hcFHZF/?igshid=x5ko80pj9ecc

This one ex wife dr cha updated

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHb6V9iAcy2/?igshid=1eesrpb0upnkk

I think all the three picture takes during the wrap up party.

20 hours ago, JenL said:

Is anyone watching Run On? If GAR and LJW ever worked together again, I wouldn't mind them both picking up a script from the Run On scriptwriter. The dialogue in that drama is also quirky, though different to what I described above for DDSSLLS. It's more off-beat, ironic/intelligent humour and high level frankness....but it's also a lot of fun! I think the writer is set to give the characters a better ending

run on look interesting but i not too fond for the male lead.maybe i would pass this drama....i just see the cut in ig, female lead character is so savage. This drama is the first drama by the writer

1 hour ago, purplefin said:

I'm still on reruns of DDSSLLS

same....now at ep 3.:wow:

• Like 6

And with the good relationships she's fostered with Directors, as well as how close LJW looked to be with DDSSLLS's director, hopefully they can reunite for some project one day even if it's just a cameo

Drama gods! Please hear us on this one please:pandapray:

@twinkler0415 Did you make an unboxing of the DDSSLLS OST?? I saw it pop up on my instagram and then it somehow popped up on my Youtube feed!

Hahaha! You saw it! I was kinda shy to share the video in this thread :laugh: its the first time i made a video and uploaded it on YouTube 😅

There is really something about DDSSLLS that turned me into a proactive fan. I have been a kdrama watcher since 2009 but this is the first time i have been addicted to a drama and didnt think twice to buy a Soundtrack (but was really aiming for a DVD).

On 2/3/2021 at 8:20 PM, JenL said:

wrap up party or dinner after the drama finished airing (so not the celebrations when they finished filming, but an actual party...I know Extraordinary You and Strong Woman Do Bong Soon did this as there were media photos and the actors did lives from the dinners). I don't know/ or don't think DDSSLLS got one :letalQQ: Does anyone else know if they did? 

I can't tell if it was because the drama wasn't a ratings hit or because last year Covid hit Korea hard and they had rules for gatherin

Maybe  the time they wrapped up filming was the time the 2nd wave of Covid hit S.korea?

Imagine if the cast of DDSSLLS went camping together. It would be so cute

Omg! This will be like a jackpot for us fans! This will be better that the 'wedding' we were all looking for 😆

Speaking of LJW's next drama, I heard the actress he was rumoured to be paired with (Park Gyu Young) has just been confirmed for another drama, 'Devil Judge' which will be shown on TVN and whose script is written by the person who did Miss Hammurabi: 

Ooohh, i also read about this. I hope LJW will just take a little break, I remember his speech in the kbs awards , he did say he will come home (to his mom) lol! But i really hope GAR will cameo in this drama, since its about a judge?... also hoping LJW will cameo with her lol!!!

Edited by twinkler0415
  • Like 6

stagrammer: ByJaninini

Cute illustrations and poems. They said DDSSLLS made them feel like they were in love again

I love the poems! Its so lovely 😍 

On 2/3/2021 at 10:27 PM, JenL said:

Another thing I found out is that they put a replica piano statue in the place where the rainbow piano originally was situated for the shoot...so it's another permanent filming location photo spot/ commemoration

Wow!! Thats looks awesome!! Thank you @JenLfor these updates. Its so nice to know that Mokpo is really proud of this drama (more than KBS i would say)

7 hours ago, purplefin said:

I think one of the swoon staff is a fan of this pairing. Hahaha..They always include the two as much as they can 😂😍

So true!! Whoever she/he is, a big thank you 😄 alteast DDSSLLS would not be forgotten yet 

I'm still on reruns of DDSSLLS

Me too me too!!! Still on Reruns of DDSSLLS 🥰

Havent watched anything else since DDSSLLS ended 😅

Btw, off topic, I have been meaning to ask this,  does anyone know what GAR was drinking in the drama? 😅 The white pouch/pack thing.  It might be a collagen or health drink of some sort. My friend and I have been searching on the net but can't find the brand

I was actually looking for the same thing! Lol! I saw a picture of her drinking and there was a big label on top that says 'int.' (with a color red dot) But I never saw anything while searching. I even tried to find it in the list of sponsors in the booklet of the OST, but still no luck..

• Like 5

On 1/30/2021 at 5:20 PM, multiloverss said:

LJW first lead and his already had

imaginary partner wedding scene from us.

:wow:

I suppose that is the one lovely thing about DDSSLLS, even though Lala and Jun didn't get all the events they deserved, at least there was enough of each of the events for people to make pretty edits from. Like even though they didn't get the wedding they should have, I do like the beach frolicking scenes and their cute "sleeping scene"...there's something gentle and lovely about those scenes that I don't think will be a part of other dramas they do, even if they choose to do another romance or even if they do end up getting a good pairing with others. This cuteness was unique to this drama and their pairing :heart::CharmanderYay:

On 1/30/2021 at 5:20 PM, multiloverss said:

netflix give a good promotion for DDSSLLS...we got 3 three games +TMI interview for GAR and LJW. We got to see their interaction....I also like the interview promotion by KBS.

This is true! Actually, we got more than that if you count those Swoon interviews/ games they did on Instagram like the Thai one about their top 5 things. Also there was 2 versions of that telepathy game....All that footage was so cute:hearties:. And the KBS games were admittedly very good...but it's their own fault for setting our expectations of a couple award! :lenny:

On 2/1/2021 at 11:18 AM, purplefin said:

Even  if this scene is not from the same drama, the chemistry is still undeniable 😍. Thanks for saving this gif 🥰

Haha no problems! I am in awe of talented fans who make these kinds of edits from different dramas and make them look flawless. I wish this instagrammer would come back! :idk:

It was really unfair. A wedding photo  of them (at the epilogue) would have suffice. 😔

Yeah. This is actually something I thought about too...it's like Start Up. They just showed a photo on their work desks in the Epilogue. I would have accepted this for DDSLLS too - a frame picture of their wedding next to the group photo of Eunpo folk...:BulbaOWO::hearties: And then pictures of their lives living in Eunpo after Jun's return...

It was such a simple fix :letalQQ:

A friend of mine suggested that because that it's too close to her personality maybe KBS weren't to keen to give her the award. But I beg to differ,  it's not supposed to matter as long as you gave life and the viewers felt the personal growth of the character.  I think that is most important.

As I mentioned above, making a supposedly annoying character likeable is hard. Good acting aside, one also has to have charisma and I think that is something that can't be acquired. 

I do think it's so silly that sometimes people think actors have to be vastly different to be good. I just feel her ability to bring heart to this character and lift her off the pages of the script were strong. I have read a few people who were not GAR fans say that this character was the best version of all her characters and they loved Lala lots. :wow:

I am now contemplating to get the OST. 🤔😅

Thank you all for sharing every bits and bobs of our lovely couple 🥰

The OST is lovely and while you don't get the piano music, you do get the background music which is a perk I guess...the second disc is the BGM. The photo book is also pretty. It's not as fancy as other OSTs, but I like to look at mine as a keepsake :hearties:

Today's share...I really love this edit: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGebjgwA6LV/

The song is: 'Young' by Vacations

RqwnNfH.gif

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1