La La Jun (Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook)

3 hours ago, eNDe said:

I like LJW’s outfit from the mbc awards though. Hehe. 

I love both his outfits. He looked very dapper yesterday and definitely looked very slick today too :heart:

52 minutes ago, purplefin said:

It seems my luck is not working this 2020. 😆 

It seems that the ending made a lot of difference for them not to win the awards though..😔

--------------

Wishing a better 2021 ahead.

Happy new year to all!😊

No, it's not the ending of DDSSLLS I don't think...it's actually the competition....

Apparently KBS awarded 13 awards to a drama called Once Again all the couples in that drama got couple awards including the side couples like the elderly parents. Sigh :letalQQ:

But Happy New Years!! Don't worry, we will sub our projects and just think live with all the happy moments we were given in the past. Whatever KBS, you don't own us! Hopefully 2021 will be happier for the dramas I love :heart:

• Like 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Just now, JenL said:

No, it's not the ending of DDSSLLS I don't think...it's actually the competition....

Maybe you're right. There are a lot of contenders. 

2 minutes ago, JenL said:
3 hours ago, eNDe said:

I like LJW’s outfit from the mbc awards though. Hehe. 

I love both his outfits. He looked very dapper yesterday and definitely looked very slick today too :heart:

He always looks good. 🙂🙃

1 minute ago, JenL said:

But Happy New Years!! Don't worry, we will sub our projects and just think live with all the happy moments we were given in the past. Whatever KBS, you don't own us! Hopefully 2021 will be happier for the dramas I love 

Looking forward to this. 😊

Happy new year once again

and keep safe everyone! 😊

• Like 4
  • Party! 1
54 minutes ago, JenL said:

Apparently KBS awarded 13 awards to a drama called Once Again all the couples in that drama got couple awards including the side couples like the elderly parents. Sigh

Once again has a very high rating..... so sad, they did not give one best couple award to DDSSLLS... 2 elders had best couple awards.... (no offense tho) but still, I kinda wished they spared one best couple to RaraJun :lenny:

Congratulations to Lee Jae Wook! :love:

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, purplefin said:

Did he win? 🤩

Haha, I think he had to have won something to come this year. It feels like they were all pre-notified and only winners were invited to attend :idk:

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, JenL said:

Haha, I think he had to have won something to come this year. It feels like they were all pre-notified and only winners were invited to attend :idk:

It kills the ecxcitement because they were already notified but I'm glad his acting ability was recognised, watching the first few episodes of ddsslls,  I have a gut feeling he will get an award. 😅

Hope he' ll get more main and challenging roles in the future. 😊🤩🥳

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 5

Just a thought, Is there a reason why LJW never mentions his dad? I noticed he often mentions his mother and sister on the awards he's been but not his father. 🤔

54 minutes ago, multiloverss said:

congrats for LJW....he won a big award and secure male lead position. i feel happy for him, but at the same time feel bad for GAR.Rara is her best character for me hope she encounter with a good drama for her next project.

I think so too, that this is her best character ( having only watch 3 of her dramas so far 😅). She did well in reply 1994 too. At least she does a variety of characters and different genres.  Would like to see her in a medical drama next  😂.  She gets nominated almost every year but sadly never wins. She probably have won some awards when she was younger I guess. She will get the perfect role and drama soon. 😊 

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 3
51 minutes ago, multiloverss said:

congrats for LJW....he won a big award and secure male lead position. i feel happy for him, but at the same time feel bad for GAR.Rara is her best character for me hope she encounter with a good drama for her next project.

Super huge award for LJW. Also feel bad for GAR, but I guess this doesnt affect her anymore because she had her time already when she was as young as LJW, now its LJW's turn.. but yeah,,,, I really liked GAR in this drama. Also hoping her next project will be better

52 minutes ago, purplefin said:

there a reason why LJW never mentions his dad

I'm also curious. I remember his speech in AAA, he did not mentions his dad as well...

• Like 4
7 hours ago, purplefin said:

It kills the excitement because they were already notified but I'm glad his acting ability was recognised, watching the first few episodes of ddsslls,  I have a gut feeling he will get an award.

6 hours ago, multiloverss said:

6 hours ago, purplefin said:

I think so too, that this is her best character ( having only watch 3 of her dramas so far ). She did well in reply 1994 too. At least she does a variety of characters and different genres.  Would like to see her in a medical drama next  .  She gets nominated almost every year but sadly never wins. She probably have won some awards when she was younger I guess. She will get the perfect role and drama soon.  

So it turns out GAR didn't come because she wasn't up for an award.  If I think about it, it makes me sad that it felt like a major snub from KBS to her...since they gave awards to her co-stars (both love interest and supporting cast member). I felt like she really carried the series with her acting. Also it was a rom-com genre, so even if she didn't get anything major, you would have thought that she'd at least get best couple with LJW, especially since this award is for their drama genre and he mentioned it in an interview. :letalQQ:  

Best couple is also more like a relaxed award than a serious acting award. Also KBS awarded 8 couple awards this year, as opposed to SBS who only award 1, so you think they could have spared one for DDSSLLS. :HaunterOK:

It was at least good to see a lot of fans get upset on her behalf on the KBS instagram account :laugh::CharmanderYay: Good to know that people love her anyway and support her despite what the TV channels choose.

6 hours ago, purplefin said:

Just a thought, Is there a reason why LJW never mentions his dad? I noticed he often mentions his mother and sister on the awards he's been but not his father. 

6 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I'm also curious. I remember his speech in AAA, he did not mentions his dad as well...

Not sure...maybe he's from a single parent family? :thinking: Hard to know because his agency holds a very tight reign on all the information about him. It feels like there's only tiny bits of information released about his life, but I guess it's also because he's a fairly new actor. And single parent families are stigmatised in Korea, so if he was from one, he might not say till years later...If that was the case, it would explain why he was good at playing characters with questionable fathers (ie. DDSSLLS & Extraordinary You)...But at the same time, he seems really happy and fine, so maybe he just has a dad who works overseas/ or works in a high paying job who he just doesn't see as much? :idk:

Well, just going to continue pushing my Translation project...we're pretty close to the requested/quoted fund amount from the translator so at least we can look forward to something positive in the new year. I feel like we love one of the most cursed dramas, so it's up to us to undo the curse :laugh::hearties:

kT0FpoD.gif

Edited by JenL
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I felt like she really carried the series with her acting.

Yes, I felt that too. Maybe the competition was tough for the best actress award.

1 hour ago, JenL said:

It was at least good to see a lot of fans get upset on her behalf on the KBS instagram account :laugh::CharmanderYay: Good to know that people love her anyway and support her despite what the TV channels choose.

I checked just now after I've read your comments, almost everyone was looking for GAR and upset that she didn't get an award/couple award 🤣, under LJW's pic though. 

I was rooting that they will win the couple award as they really got undeniable chemistry, even their director say so on their first meeting. 😂.  Oh well... we just have to move on. 

Hopefully, they will have better  and will be on the same drama/movie in the future 😂😅 (not giving up 🤣). Most international fans I think love their chemistry too. 

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Not sure...maybe he's from a single parent family? :thinking:

Maybe.  Or his dad had passed away? Or away from them.. we will not know unless he will open up.  But considering he's a rising actor, he might want to keep his image clean.

-------

I saw dr cha actor congratulated LJW, wishing GAR will do the same, even just privately. 😅😂

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I feel like we love one of the most cursed dramas, so it's up to us to undo the curse :laugh::hearties:

kT0FpoD.gif

Hahaha. IKR. We chose the difficult path. 😅 The translations will be perfect this 2021. 😊

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, JenL said:

Best couple is also more like a relaxed award than a serious acting award. Also KBS awarded 8 couple awards this year, as opposed to SBS who only award 1, so you think they could have spared one for DDSSLLS.

i quite dissapointed with KBS....how come rara jun did not got best couple.:letalQQ:. First time, the couple that i ship did not got best couple award.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
43 minutes ago, purplefin said:

Yes, I felt that too. Maybe the competition was tough for the best actress award.

Yes, competition was tough. I think Once Again was also quite a heartwarming story as well as well acted and high ratings for the channel...and with so many female actresses, it would have been tough.

44 minutes ago, purplefin said:

I checked just now after I've read your comments, almost everyone was looking for GAR and upset that she didn't get an award/couple award 🤣, under LJW's pic though. 

Haha, it makes sense it was under LJW's picture...would have been weird under other non DDSSLLS actor's pictures. I did feel the people who were like "Why didn't GAR come?" didn't notice that it was only winners there... So the question was more, "why didn't KBS award her something so she could come?" :pandarage2:

46 minutes ago, purplefin said:

I was rooting that they will win the couple award as they really got undeniable chemistry, even their director say so on their first meeting. Oh well... we just have to move on. Hopefully, they will have better  and will be on the same drama/movie in the future (not giving up ). Most international fans I think love their chemistry too. 

16 minutes ago, multiloverss said:

i quite dissapointed with KBS....how come rara jun did not got best couple.. First time, the couple that i ship did not got best couple award.

Their chemistry was very sweet and it feels sad that the potential to recognise it was wasted :PikachuFacePalm: 

Not sure if couple awards rely solely on voting or if the stations also have a say in the awards.  Logically speaking, most of the DDSSLLS fans I saw were international...mostly from the US or Indonesia from my observations  :laugh: And not all those fans would bother voting. Also who knows if they would count those votes with the same weight as a local vote. The Korean fans probably did like Once Again given it had high ratings and might have voted for all the couples on that show :idk: 

It is sad and feels like we've gone through all the waves of no closure. I've rooted for pairings that did not win before and so I know I'll get over my salty feelings eventually! 

Maybe here are some positive things that will get us through....

Fan Made Award

A Korean fan made? or photoshopped? an award for LalaJun themselves!

VxyrKUk.jpg

Lee Jae Wook thanks Twinkles - Translation of LJW's caption for this winning photos on Instagram

Thank you for the big prize.
I was so nervous that I couldn't say anything well. 😢😢
I hope 2021 will be a healthy and happy year.
Once again, thank you so much and I love Twinkles and my fans🖤
Best wishes for a Happy New Year!!

1wHNBfZ.jpg

Also Bromance with Kim Joo Hun (Dr Cha)!

KJH left a comment on this photo: Congratulation Jaewook! 

LJW's reply: Love you, Sunbae 

Hahaha, before anyone says anything about GAR, she hasn't been on Instagram, it seems. Also I would also feel bad if all my co-stars got awards and I didn't...I might also avoid social media then :psweatduck:

Pretty DDSSLLS OST released

It looks like the DDSSLLS OST has been released in Korea for those that want to buy. Released internationally in a few days? 

https://www.yesasia.com/us/do-do-sol-sol-la-la-sol-ost-kbs-tv-drama-2cd/1098162414-0-0-0-en/info.html

Not sure if I'll purchase since I want to do subbing projects first.

But it is awfully prettyyyyy :hearties: The temptation is great, so we'll see!

8PY5pM7.jpg

ympCuRT.jpg

HuhPALv.jpg

They will always be cute in all the content we already have

QzMLd4S.jpg

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

10 hours ago, JenL said:

Yep Excellence Award for Actor in a mini series:

So he did win..yaaay:Party01:.. congrats..

(I fell to sleep so I miss it again hahaha, thank you for all the sharing guys)

I am sad that GA didn't win any awards esp the best couple awards. But, knowing that many knetz also voice out their disappointment make me feel little better. 

But I don't understand tough, so all those winner of best couple awards, are they decided by KBS or by voting? All of them? 

I thought at least the winner for the best couple would be 5 at most. Cause if they will give that many then just give all couples those awards. But, whatever KBS!? 

I think we all aknowledge this one life lesson, but this drama hit it on the right spot : We not always get what we want in life (and in this case in dramaland too) :idk:..

Like @JenL and @purplefin said

3 hours ago, JenL said:

. I feel like we love one of the most cursed dramas, so it's up to us to undo the curse 

2 hours ago, purplefin said:

Hahaha. IKR. We chose the difficult path. 😅

Haha yeah, I choose to love this drama and to walk in this difficult path:laugh:so I will never regret it and still love it despite all of the frustrated moments that I had to go through :laugh:

Hope they both get good projects this year:heart:..will support both of them 

Like Rara said : "Dream doesn't have to be grand"

My first dream this year is to grow green onions and some lettuces on my own:laugh:

Second dream is (oh, this is bit grand but I believe it will be fulfilled) to get GA-LJW Cool FM interview with English subtitles:wow:

Let's find every happiness by work hard on trying fulfill all of those our little dream..:Party01:

Happy New Year to Twinkles :fam:

Hope this year will be much better for all of us and the world too.. Cheers up!!! :duckhearts:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
4 hours ago, JenL said:

I feel like we love one of the most cursed dramas, so it's up to us to undo the curse :laugh::hearties:

2 hours ago, purplefin said:

We chose the difficult path. 😅

Hahahaha well said. 

——————————

I think the last time GAR was given many positive comments on her portrayal was for Miss Hammurabi (2018) where she played a judge role and I really like her chemistry with the co-star too. Similar to DDSSLLS, fans of that drama wanted a second season.

However I think because its script was written by a real life judge, I don’t see it happening/soon. Again, she didn’t win anything for it and her co-star was also praised a lot and had upcoming projects after projects almost like no rest haha so I wonder if it’s really just GAR who takes longer consideration for what project to take next. Partly why, I can understand why fans would be hoping to see her get an award or an appearance for a newly finished drama as it may take some time before she announces the next project. 

When I saw that her Miss Hammurabi co-star was at the kbs awards show, I really wish they can reunite haha. This drama’s cast and director met up for a xmas dinner back then so maybe DDSSLLS, having good relation with their director, someday will reunite, even for a simple dinner but best yet, for another project. 

Never say never if you like an actor/actress/director that has worked with GAR, I’ve seen her reunite with her past co-stars and surprise fans of the good memory of those dramas/films or even friendship like she has with Henry Lau. 

Happy New Year! :fam: 

36 minutes ago, Just_Me said:

Like Rara said : "Dream doesn't have to be grand"

My first dream this year is to grow green onions and some lettuces on my own:laugh:

Second dream is (oh, this is bit grand but I believe it will be fulfilled) to get GA-LJW Cool FM interview with English subtitles:wow:

Let's find every happiness by work hard on trying fulfill all of those our little dream..:Party01:

Happy New Year to Twinkles :fam:

Hope this year will be much better for all of us and the world too.. Cheers up!!! :duckhearts:

Awesome dreams to start the year!

RaRa really taught us a lot (Jun will vouch for that!) and I remember when she talked about talents with Dr Cha, that small scene was enough to make me wish we all could have a friend like RaRa in our lives. 

Cheers to all our dreams this year! :brb:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Party! 1
2 hours ago, eNDe said:

Never say never if you like an actor/actress/director that has worked with GAR, I’ve seen her reunite with her past co-stars and surprise fans of the good memory of those dramas/films or even friendship like she has with Henry Lau. 

Or Yoo Ah In..it seems she maintains good relationship with people who work with her..and it's good to see. Treats for fans:heart:.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1
9 hours ago, JenL said:

Their chemistry was very sweet and it feels sad that the potential to recognise it was wasted :PikachuFacePalm: 

8 hours ago, Just_Me said:

But, knowing that many knetz also voice out their disappointment make me feel little better. 

Yes, a lot voiced out their sentiments. Also in their last bts video in The Swoon, so many people misses RaraJun couple. 

9 hours ago, JenL said:

Fan Made Award

A Korean fan made? or photoshopped? an award for LalaJun themselves!

VxyrKUk.jpg

This is sweet  🥰,  I wish this fan award was really given to them 🥺 so they will realise their impact to the fans

and that they made 2020 a little bearable. ☺

Because of this, I think KBS should cast them in another drama  at least if not a sequel😂🤣. They owe it to the cast and the fans. The things is, we don't know if they weigh the opinions of international fans 😅🤣😂

GAR have another ig update, looks like she is having a holiday. 😊

Maybe she makes it up to a point to travel at this time of year.

Yes, I see she does maintain a good relationship with her previous co stars, but with this covid, we might not see a reunion soon; maybe in the distant future 😉

• Like 4