Hong Cheon Gi / Red Sky 홍천기 [2021]

On 9/29/2021 at 7:15 PM, mademoiselle said:

It was nice Ha Ram and Cheon Ki spent more time together. Although I still want to diss the writing a bit on the part Ha Ram find her in the rain, admitted he's the boy and explained what happened only to tell her to pretend she doesn't know him again. If that's what he wants (which he doesn't) then don't tell her anything at all. How to pretend not knowing him after telling her all that. This boy - keeps going back & forth of his words and /slap himself. LOL.

I like that he tells her the reason/background - I would want to know if I was Cheon Gi since he is blowing hot and cold. But he didn't tell her to wait, which he clearly intended from the monologue. Cheon Gi is remarkably understanding and she clearly likes Ha Ram more than Prince Yangmyeong. But realistically, in the era, as a poor female who has to look after a sick father, she may be very tempted to "settle" if she did not know Ha Ram's intentions towards her.

On 9/29/2021 at 10:02 PM, abs-oluteM said:

According to this twitter handle , HR here is written differently compared to the book. So from what I understand , HR did not have a revenge agenda in the book unlike here in the drama. The revenge plan is the thing that stops HR from having CG in his life. So they had to make Yang Myung very outstanding here ( though personally I find he and CG's interactions comical rather than sweet) so that he can be a catalyst for HaRam to give in to his true feelings for CG.

The tension worries me a little. I hope they don't make Prince Yangmyeong a villian because of it.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I hope they don't make Prince Yangmyeong a villian because of it.

:pandathink: I don't think he will. Prince Juhyang and the Shaman are evil enough. My gut tells me Yangmyeong will be on the OTP's side.

7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I like that he tells her the reason/background - I would want to know if I was Cheon Gi since he is blowing hot and cold. But he didn't tell her to wait, which he clearly intended from the monologue. Cheon Gi is remarkably understanding and she clearly likes Ha Ram more than Prince Yangmyeong. But realistically, in the era, as a poor female who has to look after a sick father, she may be very tempted to "settle" if she did not know Ha Ram's intentions towards her.

Agree that she is too understanding. Of course from Cheon Ki's perspective she'd want to know. But from Ha Ram's perspective, if he can't reciprocate and his "brain" didn't think his focus should be on love (兒女情) then it is preferred he doesn't say anything at all to keep the distant. However, I get that his heart couldn't let her go so he's going back & forth on this. Ha Ram kissed her too and in that era, a man can't just kiss a decent woman and then blow her off like that. I'm obviously cannot take this too literally and seriously, knowing this is a fusion sageuk. By right, Cheon Ki's behaviour would have gotten her in trouble loooong time ago but I like a smart, chirpy, sassy girl that speaks her mind so I wouldn't change a thing about this character.

Fingers crossed the plot would move a bit more this week.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@mademoiselle from telling her that that boy she knew no longer to exist to saying this is the sign of his affections? 

----------

This picks up from last week

Once again, the demon king's seal was lifted, and Haram, controlled  by the demon king, attacked Yangmyeong (Gongmyeong). Yang Myeong-gun collapsed and lost consciousness, and then Haram approached Hong Chun-gi and strangled her , saying, "My eyes, my eyes."

Hong Cheon-ki whispered, 'This is not Haram' and said, "Haram, it's me, Cheon-gi. Calm down. Haram!” She called out Haram’s name over and over again. Haram stopped when Hong Chun-ki called his name, and time stopped as soon as Hong Chun-ki's tears came to Haram.

Horyeong (played by Jo Ye-rin), who appeared afterward, said to the demon king who took over Haram’s body, “This is the palace. You can't use your power here. go back To the place where you were sealed,” he shouted. With the power of the command, the demon king was sealed again, and Haram passed out. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Continuation of some important recaps...

Haram passed out , and when he came to the ceremony, Grand Prince Yangmyeong wondered if Haram often passed out and questioned whether there was any connection with the Inwangsan Geumgun incident. Hong Chun-ki nursed Haram all night, and when Haram regained consciousness, he said, "The teacher's eyes turned dark red, his nails are long, and his strength is like a water mass." But Haram did not believe it, saying, "Did you dream?

However, Grand Army Yang Myeong said, “What happened yesterday? I fell and Cheon Gi injured her neck. I haven't lost my mind because of you. I was bruised though. Very seriously,”
Haram whispered in his heart , '"I lost my memory and my heavenly spirit was hurt."

Grand Admiral Yangmyeong was suspicious of what had happened and asked if there was any secret hidden in Eoyoung. He went and saw his father King Seongjo .  Seongjo revealed the secret, saying,

“19 years ago, there was a fire in Gyeongwonjeon on that day, and Yeongjong Eoyong ( where the paintings are kept )  was also burned down, and the Seokcheok Rain and Rain Festival accident made the Haram’s eyes blind. We need to seal the demon king  in the Yeongjong Eoyong's  dragon drawn by a divine painter. ”

Yang Myeong , looking at Hongcheongi, whispered, ‘The fate of this country’s royal family depends on you.’ Hong Chun-ki started learning how to draw words from Yang Myeong- and Han Geon (Jang Hyeon-seong).

Hong Chun-ki informed her father, Hong Eun-oh (Choi Kwang-il), who had regained consciousness for a while, that she was drawing Eo-yeong. Eun-oh Hong then had seizures ( went crazy) , saying, "You should never draw Eo-young." Choi Won-ho said, "Eo-young is a job that requires a lot of energy for a divine painter " but he did not say that it makes the divine painter  crazy.

When Hong Cheon-ki had difficulty in drawing a dragon, Haram took Hong Cheon-ki to the contemplative house to help, and Haram and Hong Cheon-ki had a good time flying kites . Haram told Hong Chun-ki, “This is the only ring in the world that my father gave to my mother during my lifetime. I want you to keep it longer than a handkerchief.” He presented a jade ring and confessed, “I adore you.”

Hong Chun-ki asked Yangmyeong Dae-gun about the use of Eoyong, and Yang Myeong-gun answered that it was a painting to seal the demon king, so only a spiritual painter could draw it.

Also, Haram wore a mask and met Joo Hyang Dae-gun (Kwak Si-yang). Joo Hyang announced that he had to find the Demon King in order to ascend to the throne, and shocked him by saying, "The Demon King resides in Haram's body," without knowing the listener was Haram.

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Horyeong (played by Jo Ye-rin), who appeared afterward, said to the demon king who took over Haram’s body, “This is the palace. You can't use your power here. go back To the place where you were sealed,” he shouted. With the power of the command, the demon king was sealed again, and Haram passed away. 

u mean passed out right? lols

• Haha 3
29 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

ahahah yes...this is from Naver...so when it auto translates , I have to correct it. But I think I overlooked that one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Woah suddenly move so fast 😅

He gave her a ring (family's) and said he yeonmo her. 😆

Yeah, so out of the blue 😆 Ha Ram is written nicely - he doesn't have the inferiority complex of a blind/handicapped person. He is aware of the things he cannot do and accepts help when needed, like with the kite. Of course, he is also written as if he has super powers and is able to save Cheon Gi several times despite not being able to see 😆

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

Google translate is an a** sometimes lol. Viu subtitles shows he said "I love you". In abs article, it says "I adore you". I think I prefer the latter, makes me feel all fluffy haha.

A few comments on episode 9:

• Prince Yangmyeong is not looking so attractive anymore haha. He insists on bringing Ha Ram to be "analysed" - what do they do there to a person? He's probably doing it as a guardian of the Palace but he doesn't seem to be sparing any thought for Ha Ram as a friend. Wonder if his attraction to Cheon Gi is affecting his judgement. But then again, Ha Ram also seems to be just making use of him for his revenge.
  • I am quite surprised that before Prince Juhyang brought up the Demon in the previous episode, Ha Ram had no knowledge of it and had no suspicions that the Demon is residing in him. He suddenly blacks out and has no memories a few times but he just accepts it? When the kissing was interrupted, I thought he saw visions of the Demon. When he tried to strangle Cheon Gi and she called out to him, he could hear her. It doesn't make sense to me as Ha Ram is supposed to be very smart. I find this a weak point in the writing.

img.gif

Source: silvertrhee

• Another weak point, how can you meet with Prince Juhyang and play chess/go. How many blind people are walking around in this town? Of course he is going to know it is Ha Ram or at least he should suspect it. The writer cannot expect viewers to just accept that a mask can cover everything. Plus, Ha Ram can't see. Even if he can feel a specially made board, how can he play when he can't see where the opponent has placed his piece? It's illogical.

img.gif

• For now, I quite like Prince Juhyang. Though his methods are ??? he makes a good point that his grandfather also obtained the throne through a coup and he was not considered a villian. One of the reasons that he wants the throne is also to protect the country/people. Plus, the Crown Prince sounds really weak and the King's reason for absolutely passing the throne to the first born is silly.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

ahahah yes...this is from Naver...so when it auto translates , I have to correct it. But I think I overlooked that one. 

i was scared for a moment when i saw that hahahhaa.....i had to pull a handbreak on that lols

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Google translate is an a** sometimes lol. Viu subtitles shows he said "I love you". In abs article, it says "I adore you". I think I prefer the latter, makes me feel all fluffy haha.

lols...i know what you mean....yeas its a little over some times....

though like you i prefer the word 'adore' more....love is something larger that doesnt happen on instant i felt

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Hahahahahahaha. Fluffy Chocolate. Did you watch Keira Knightley's Pride & Prejudice? When Mr. Darcy said to her, "I love you, most ardently", I feel fluffy too. Hahahahahaha. :laugh: Like who use "most ardently" in modern times? No one but it was nicely delivered by the actor.

Ha Ram said "Yeon-mo" (연모 / 戀慕). Papago translates it to 愛慕 ("Ai-mu" in Chinese). "Adore" is more appropriate too I think. I think "I love you" is not a term used in historical times..? :pandathink:

It was funny that when he said it, I thought of upcoming drama "Affection / The King's Affection" which in Hangul is "Yeon-mo" and someone on weibo also said she thought he was promoting his friend's (Rowoon)'s drama. :lmao2:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
25 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Did you watch Keira Knightley's Pride & Prejudice? When Mr. Darcy said to her, "I love you, most ardently", I feel fluffy too. Hahahahahaha. Like who use "most ardently" in modern times? No one but it was nicely delivered by the actor.

I haven't! I've only read Pride and Prejudice when I was a child but don't remember the story anymore. Was the movie good? Maybe I'll try one day.

"I love you", it is used so much that it doesn't inspire much feelings anymore. But "I adore you", you must really mean it to say it right? 10 years later, you can say you love a person quite easily, but can you still say you ADORE that person? (especially like in HTCCC he doesn't turn his socks lol) Therein lies the difference I think. There's a sense of worship, attention/focus that may not be in "love".

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
15 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I haven't! I've only read Pride and Prejudice when I was a child but don't remember the story anymore. Was the movie good? Maybe I'll try one day.

"I love you", it is used so much that it doesn't inspire much feelings anymore. But "I adore you", you must really mean it to say it right? 10 years later, you can say you love a person quite easily, but can you still say you ADORE that person? (especially like in HTCCC he doesn't turn his socks lol) Therein lies the difference I think. There's a sense of worship, attention/focus that may not be in "love".

You should totally watch it. It's not exactly the same as the book but I love the changes made. I've also seen the version by that actor in Bridget Jones diary can't remember his name at the moment. I like the movie version. There were tensions!

Yeah I agree. Though I think you must adore someone first to end up loving him or her isn't it? They are kind of tied together. But love is a vague term now since you can love that person as a friend, family but not have affection towards him...? Hahahaha what the heck I'm talking about...?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@mademoiselle @Chocolate I figured because of translations, the nuance on the meaning of what HR is trying to say here may be lost. Love I feel here is not as accurate. Adore perhaps has this more formal tone to it. 

Let me ask @stroppyse, since I am curious.  Viu translated the part where Haram confessed his feelings as "I love you." But the Naver articles say "I adore you". Which is more accurate? Or does it not make a difference

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ahn Hyo Seop Waits Patiently As Kim Yoo Jung Draws A Portrait Of Him In “Lovers Of The Red Sky”

Oct 5, 2021 by L. Kim

SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky” has shared a glimpse of its upcoming episode!

Based on the novel of the same name, “Lovers of the Red Sky” is a historical fantasy romance drama starring Kim Yoo Jung as the Joseon dynasty’s only female painter Hong Chun Gi, who was born blind but miraculously regains vision, and Ahn Hyo Seop as blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight.

Spoilers

Previously on the drama, Ma Wang emerged from Ha Ram’s body and hurt both Prince Yangmyeong (Gong Myung) and Hong Chun Gi. Fortunately, Ho Ryeong (Jo Ye Rin) saved the day, and Grandmother Samshin (Moon Sook) helped heal their wounds. Towards the end of the drama, Ha Ram found out the exact identity of Ma Wang, leaving viewers to wonder what he’ll do next.

In newly released stills from the drama’s new episode, Ha Ram and Hong Chun Gi are spending sweet time together. Ha Ram stays very still as Hong Chun Gi draws a portrait of him. Her expression is light with joy, and a warm smile is also playing on his face.

ahn-hyo-seop-2.jpg

kim-yoo-jung-12.jpg

More stills show the way Ha Ram affectionately gazes at Hong Chun Gi as she draws his portrait. Then the two closely sit side by side, and his eyes are closed as she guides the brush he’s holding. This warm moment seems like the calm before the storm, and viewers are curious about what will be in store for these two as more secrets come to light.

lovers-of-the-red-sky-4.jpg

lovers-of-the-red-sky-3.jpg

The next episode of “Lovers of the Red Sky” on October 5 at 10 p.m. KST!

Source

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
8 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Yeah, so out of the blue 😆 Ha Ram is written nicely - he doesn't have the inferiority complex of a blind/handicapped person. He is aware of the things he cannot do and accepts help when needed, like with the kite. Of course, he is also written as if he has super powers and is able to save Cheon Gi several times despite not being able to see 😆

I just finished watching it and agree it was done so randomly! I mean, a man (especially at those times) can't just give A RING to a lady and not expect the lady to think it's a marriage proposal isn't it? It's like a token of love (定情之物)!

Hahahaha! Ha Ram has spidey senses xD But really I think he's trained himself / his senses all these years so I'm ok with him able to differentiate distance, sounds, smells etc. But you're right that he sometimes seem like he can see and it feels unrealised. I'm more curious as to how he knows the directions of a place and not needing help with that. I supposed I had since blind people walk on the street on their own here, they just have a way to do it.

Another weak point, how can you meet with Prince Juhyang and play chess/go. How many blind people are walking around in this town? Of course he is going to know it is Ha Ram or at least he should suspect it. The writer cannot expect viewers to just accept that a mask can cover everything. Plus, Ha Ram can't see. Even if he can feel a specially made board, how can he play when he can't see where the opponent has placed his piece? It's illogical.

Agree he's already giving himself away by playng blind baduk. However, you got me curious & Google whether a blind can play baduk and guess what? They can! But they have to "feel" the board and the position of the stones. The show just didn't show Ha Ram doing that so it looks cooler HAHA.

I am quite surprised that before Prince Juhyang brought up the Demon in the previous episode, Ha Ram had no knowledge of it and had no suspicions that the Demon is residing in him. He suddenly blacks out and has no memories a few times but he just accepts it? When the kissing was interrupted, I thought he saw visions of the Demon. When he tried to strangle Cheon Gi and she called out to him, he could hear her. It doesn't make sense to me as Ha Ram is supposed to be very smart. I find this a weak point in the writing.

I think it's because it just never crossed his mind to put the two together, especially when he doesn't know Mawang's existence or even heard of it. Agree that he should at least freak out on his black-outs and be very worried of his health due to the memory loss. I'm inclined to think he cannot remember is because of a combination of Samshin's "spell" on him and Mawang being put back to "sleep" in his body.

The writing for me is lacking in its story-telling and "developing" the depth of the characters, especially Ha Ram. Coz I'd really love to know more about him and his thought processes. At the moment, we're just told he's special and he's smart but how/what has he done, we're not really shown.

By the way, I thought Cheon Ki working on the Royal potrait is supposed to be top secret but she's already told her dad who could easily mentioned to someone else. The King tells Yangmyeong about Mawang and Yangmyeong tells Cheon Ki. The King joins them and speaks about it at a place where anyone walking past could hear it. The next episode we are shown she'll tell Ha Ram. So much for confidentiality. :lmao2:

Also I've been wondering about this for a number of episodes now. Why must they restore the previous King's potrait instead of drawing a new potrait of the current King and sealed Mawang in his potrait? Is it because the person will die immediately if Mawang is sealed in that person's potrait? But this King is going to die anyway.

Is it just me? Everytime a character cough blood in a drama I immediately think that person has tuberculosis? LOL. It's how it was played out in the dramas I used to watch ages ago (HK? Qiong Yao? Not sure).

For now, I quite like Prince Juhyang. Though his methods are ??? he makes a good point that his grandfather also obtained the throne through a coup and he was not considered a villian. One of the reasons that he wants the throne is also to protect the country/people. Plus, the Crown Prince sounds really weak and the King's reason for absolutely passing the throne to the first born is silly.

Hahaha I've watched so many period kdramas and all of them always depicteded to have justification of their actions. It can be true depending on how one interprets it. Let me say one of my favourite quotes from shows like this always use - sacrifices must be made for "Dae Yi (大義)" - think the closest meaning is "for the greater good" in English.

If you're interested you can check out Six Flying Dragons and My Country. The former is from the perspective of the Yi family (Joseon) and My Country is from the perspective of the civilians. Six Flying Dragons is really long, 50 episodes but it's informative if you are interested to know how Goryeo ended and Joseon dynasty began. Oh, maybe I should emphasize Kim Myung Min is the lead (Law School) to pique your interest a bit more. Bwahaha. Then there's also Deep Rooted Tree is the story of King Sejong the Great (the one who invested Hangul writing). I haven't seen Deep Rooted Tree coz after finishing Six Flying Dragon, I wanted a break. I was watching it and reading about Joseon history as well so my brain needed rest.

Wasn't passing down the throne to the first born is a tradition / policy at the time? Like even now in East Asian family, the first born and first born's son gets more inheritance when the parents pass away. Although neither Yi Seong Gye and Yi Bang Won passed their throne to their first child. Maybe down the lineage, it was changed.

Isn't the Crown Prince sick but not weak and incompetent for the throne? Juhyang, in this instance, wanted the throne since young for the wrong reason(s), thinking he's better than the Crown Prince. I didn't pay too much attention, but usually the "rights" to the throne also depends on the prince's ranking (i.e., who his mother is and whether she's from a good family, not a low status concubine or consort).

What I find most intriguing and hard to understand is how these Royals ended up able to kill their own brothers/family for the throne? I can't imagine killing my own siblings for money and a throne that holds so much responsibility and loss of privacy and freedom doesn't appeal to me. Plus with the Noron and Soron fractions playing politics, the King doesn't always hold the power anyway. So, yeah, cannot compute. LOL. I don't even dream of being a princess (of modern times) or wife of a prince/king.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

But they have to "feel" the board and the position of the stones. The show just didn't show Ha Ram doing that so it looks cooler HAHA.

Haha, but Ha Ram is hiding his alternate identity right? So he can't go feeling across the board. It will expose him. As it is, Prince JY already noticed the board is for the blind.

Also I've been wondering about this for a number of episodes now. Why must they restore the previous King's potrait instead of drawing a new potrait of the current King and sealed Mawang in his potrait? Is it because the person will die immediately if Mawang is sealed in that person's potrait? But this King is going to die anyway.

Samshin mentioned that Cheon Gi will create a "vessel" (if the subs is correct). Whether it is a painting or a bowl or something else remains to be seen.

Btw, the current King looks like a reasonable man. I still find it hard to believe that he ordered Ha Ram's father to be killed.

Is it just me? Everytime a character cough blood in a drama I immediately think that person has tuberculosis? LOL. It's how it was played out in the dramas I used to watch ages ago (HK? Qiong Yao? Not sure).

Tuberculosis is contagious. Considering no one around the King is getting sick, likely he has some lung disease.

If you're interested you can check out Six Flying Dragons and My Country. The former is from the perspective of the Yi family (Joseon) and My Country is from the perspective of the civilians. Six Flying Dragons is really long, 50 episodes but it's informative if you are interested to know how Goryeo ended and Joseon dynasty began. Oh, maybe I should emphasize Kim Myung Min is the lead (Law School) to pique your interest a bit more. Bwahaha. Then there's also Deep Rooted Tree is the story of King Sejong the Great (the one who invested Hangul writing). I haven't seen Deep Rooted Tree coz after finishing Six Flying Dragon, I wanted a break. I was watching it and reading about Joseon history as well so my brain needed rest.

Wasn't passing down the throne to the first born is a tradition / policy at the time? Like even now in East Asian family, the first born and first born's son gets more inheritance when the parents pass away. Although neither Yi Seong Gye and Yi Bang Won passed their throne to their first child. Maybe down the lineage, it was changed.

Isn't the Crown Prince sick but not weak and incompetent for the throne? Juhyang, in this instance, wanted the throne since young for the wrong reason(s), thinking he's better than the Crown Prince. I didn't pay too much attention, but usually the "rights" to the throne also depends on the prince's ranking (i.e., who his mother is and whether she's from a good family, not a low status concubine or consort).

What I find most intriguing and hard to understand is how these Royals ended up able to kill their own brothers/family for the throne? I can't imagine killing my own siblings for money and a throne that holds so much responsibility and loss of privacy and freedom doesn't appeal to me. Plus with the Noron and Soron fractions playing politics, the King doesn't always hold the power anyway. So, yeah, cannot compute. LOL. I don't even dream of being a princess (of modern times) or wife of a prince/king.

Wah 50 episodes! I will read up on it first. But yes, Kim Myung Min is an incentive lol. After watching all these k-dramas, I am also interested to find out more about Korea's history.

Actually from the HK/Chinese historical dramas I have watched, the first born is not always the Crown Prince. That's how all the fighting between concubines and Princes arise. The King will choose his favourite. And after the Prince becomes King, he will sometimes order all his siblings and extended family (sometimes including the servants) to be executed to avoid the chances of a coup in future. Of course whether this is just the drama or reality, I don't know.

Re the Crown Prince in Red Sky, I thought he was weak both in mind and body. I remember when Prince JY was younger, the scene before the portrait was burnt, he mentioned that the Crown Prince only knew how to enjoy life.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Samshin mentioned that Cheon Gi will create a "vessel" (if the subs is correct). Whether it is a painting or a bowl or something else remains to be seen.

Yes...I keep wondering what they mean by vessel. But I do think it should be a painting - since it that is the spiritual gift that she has inherited. Her abilities are slowly being revealed. For one she could see the tiger deity. Her tears had an effect on HR ( interesting since those are HR's eyes to begin with) . And the jade ring (spoiler for eps 10)

Spoiler

I don't know if it was because it is a magical ring or that because she wore it,  and resulted in it protecting them in tonight's episode.

• Like 3

Recaps for eps 10

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2021/10/944741

When Haram heard that the demon king was  inside his body, he was shocked.

Haram said to Mu-yeong, the escort, "Have you heard any more about the Demon King?" and ordered, "Learn more about Yeongjong Eo-yeong (painting ) ." Meanwhile, Seong-jo (Jo Seong-ha) told Hong Chun-ki, "Please restore the Yeongjong Eoyeong as soon as possible. Please make sure to complete it."
image_readtop_2021_944741_16334434634805
Hong Chun-ki asked Dae-gun YangMyung  (Gong-myung), "Is it possible that I will end up like my father when I draw the Eo-young?"  Yang Myung promised, "I can't be sure that there won't be any problems. However, I will cherish and protect you as much as my life." Nevertheless, he said to Hong Cheon-ki, who was afraid of making a mistake, "Don't make a promise. I will protect you and your father. Are you worried that I won't be able to protect you?"

Hong Chun-ki asked, "It's not like that, but why are you taking responsibility for me and my father?" Yang Myeong replied, "Because I am in love with you." Hong Chun-ki was bewildered, saying, "You have taken the joke too far ." Yang Myeong-gun lied, saying, "Yeah."

When Hong Chun-ki left the room, someone approached Yang-myeong and said, "Don't give your heart to her any more." It was Wolseon of the 5th State Party of Seongju Office. He said to Yang Myung, "The two are not related." (not quite sure what this means)

Wolseon warned Grand Army Yangmyeong. He said, "The painter  has the energy to exorcise the military. If you can avoid it, you should avoid it."  Yang Myung declared, "I will not escape. No matter what kind of hardship comes, I will not escape. Did I say that fate is set? I will overcome it. I will protect Cheong Gi  and this country as well." 

image_readmed_2021_944741_16334434644805

Hong Chun-ki secretly visited Haram (Ahn Hyo-seop)'s house. Chun-ki honestly said to Haram, "I had something to ask and also wanted to see you ." Chun-ki asked, "No, why shouldn't I come just to see Haram?" Then she added , "Perhaps you  may not have wanted to see me." Haram said urgently, "No. I wanted to see you."

When asked how much he wanted to see her, Haram replied, "As much as the stars in the sky." Cheonki smiled broadly and was happy. Haram asked, "It's true. But what's really going on?"

Chun-ki said, "Actually, I've heard scary stories that the painting I'm drawing is very dangerous. I'm not sure, but it seems that my father was crazy because he was drawing Eo-young. . Chun-ki said to Haram, "Have you ever heard of the demon king?" and "I am drawing a picture that imprisons the demon king, a very scary evil god."

Haram was startled and asked, "Who said that?" Hong Chun-ki replied, "His Majesty did ." Haram realized that even the master ( the King )  knew about the Demon King. Hong Chun-ki said, "Come to think of it, it seems that Gyeongwon-jeon was on fire and Eo-yeong was on fire because of that evil energy."

Haram said, "I understand. I will consider your worries as deeply as my own." Hong Chun-ki was sad when the bell announced the time. Haram suggested, "Why don't you  stay here today?" Hong Chun-ki was happy inside and replied, "Then I'll take a break, for just one night."

That night, Haram was again possessed by a demon ( black magic done by the shaman working for Prince Joo Yang ) and attacked Hongcheongi. The Demon King, who entered Haram's body, entered the room of Hongcheongi and tried to take her eyes. Hongcheon-gi grabbed Haram's wrist, and the ring with Haram gave her  lit up, preventing the demon king's attack.

The next morning, Haram woke up in Hong Chun-ki's room and asked, "How did I get here?" Hong said, "That's what I want to ask. You suddenly came into my room last night and just slept." In fact, Haram strangled Hong Cheon-ki, but Hong Cheon-ki lied to Haram. "I didn't even dream of anything," said Haram, who doesn't remember anything.

Haram suddenly realized that he was wearing underwear and shouted, "Don't look at this." Hong Chun-ki shouted, "Please sit back without looking at me." Even if Haram said, "I can't see my eyes anyway," it was no use. They decided to sneak  out dressed like that hoping not to cause misunderstanding but HR's assistants saw them and he kept telling them this is just a misunderstanding. 

The shaman said , "Why only around Hong CG , the Devil in the would expose himself ," he asked. The shaman said, "It will not be a coincidence," and "they are connected by a string of fate. Obviously, one of the two will be the devil," she predicted. 

Hong Chun-ki pondered, 'If I complete the painting, will it be able to drive out the demon king inside him?'

Haram and Yangmyeong met. Yang Myung-gun said, "Have you ever thought about the connection between the Gyeongwonjeon incident and the Inwangsan incident? I would like to hear an answer." Haram asked, "I want to ask you something before I hear the answer." "Is the restoration of Yeongjong Eoyeong to seal the existence of the Demon King again?"

Yang Myung said, "How did you find out? But, did you know that it resides in your body? But, do you know that you are truly a dangerous person to Hong Hwa-gong?

Yang Myeong-gun told Haram, "Never meet Honghwa-gong again. Until the engraving is completed, what will happen if the person holding the demon king meets the one who seals the demon king. Eventually, someone will die (death). You will meet again. If you break this promise, I will not forgive you."

Haram asked, "What do you want me to do now?" Grand Prince Yang Myeong replied, "Once Eoyeong is completed, the sealing ceremony will be held soon. Until then, we will have to stay quiet." Haram asked, "Is there any other way to drive out the demon king from my body except to restore and seal Yeongjong Eoyeong?" Then he asked, "Is there nothing I can do?"

Grand Admiral Yang Myeong was convinced that "there is nothing to be done by human power. There is no way until a divine craftsman completes the painting and seals it." Haram was frustrated that he couldn't do anything. Yang Myeong-gun said, "If you go on like this, your body may not be able to handle the Demon King and may be shattered. I will provide a quiet place for you until Eoyeong is completed. Until then, hold your breath," he left.

Haram fell into anguish at the fact that Hong Cheon-gi had to complete the Eo Young in order to drive out the Demon King within his body, but the painter who drew the Eo Young could be wrong. Haram came to Hong Chun-ki and said, "I have something to ask you." Haram said, "Please draw a portrait," and "Nangja is a very grateful person to be thankful for." Haram is "

Yangmyeong visited Hongcheongi, who had not come to the workshop. Yang Myung-gun said, "I thought you were sick  , won't I I worry?" Grand Army Yang Myeong ordered Hong Chun-ki to "draw all of Eo-yeong's backgrounds in the studio tomorrow." Hong Chun-ki was bewildered, saying, "How do you draw it all in one day?"

General Yang Myung-gi warned Hong Chun-ki, "Why are you lying so hard?" and left, warning, "If there is anything I want, I will have it. Don't think that it is only a painting. I will wait."

Hong Chun-ki went to the place where she was supposed to meet with Haram, even though she was worried, "I don't think Yang Myung is going to sit still."

Hong Chun-ki, who met Haram, asked, "Where is the person who wants the  portrait?" Haram pointed to himself. Haram said, "There is no other person who is as grateful to you as me." Hong Chun-ki laughed, saying, "Today's portrait price will be huge."

Hongcheongi and Haram had a happy time in front of the waterfalls. Hong Chun-ki gave Haram a brush and taught him how to draw. They held hands and recalled the memories the two of them had gone through.

Haram said to Hong Chun-ki, who had finished painting, "Go to Maponaru with your father as soon as you get down from here." Haram said, "Leave this country with your father."

Haram said, "Didn't I say that I had a lot of trouble the day before about drawing the Eoyoung imprisoning the Demon King?" and "The Demon King is right inside me." He continued, "If I lose my memory, I might strangle you again. It seems like we can't be together. Better for you to go far away from me."

Yangmyeong came to the place where the two were together. Yangmyeong said, “We are pursuing Scholar Ha as a suspect in the case of the for the murder of the guards  in Inwangsan Mountain.” Hongcheongi tried to stop them from catching Haram, and as the guards became aggressive he protected her with his stick. 

image_readbot_2021_944741_16334434644805

• Like 3

@abs-oluteM The words he says "연모합니다" yeon-mo-ha-da is basically a more antiquated way of saying "I love you" though it more closely means adore or have longing feelings for. However, the word "sa-rang" which is used nowadays is a relatively modern term and not widely known or even used during Joseon times. So, I would personally say that it doesn't matter. He means he loves her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Episode 10

This part was hilarious!

Mi Su the Shaman tried to summon the Demon. It woke up and immediately said his eyes are nearby. [Why does the Demon need his eyes? It seems to be doing fine without it lol.] The tiger spirit was activated while Ha Ram was still in his bedroom and zapped him. But he managed to get out of his room - why does the tiger spirit no longer control him outside the room?

So Ha Ram/Demon went searching for his eyes and landed up in Cheon Gi's room. He tried to strangle CG again and his claws were going towards her eyes! CG grabbed his hand. The RING was activated - it has special powers???

img.jpg

Both HR and CG then collapsed. Until the next morning!

They woke up and discovered they had spent the night "together". HR's servant boy then came knocking to ask CG to go for breakfast. To their horror, they realised that they were in their undergarments. First, HR pulled up his blanket to cover himself 😂 Then CG asked him to turnaround. He said "But I can't see" 🤣 She didn't care.

img.jpg

And his pants fall. Literally! We can see his calves 🤣 [Couldn't find a screenshot/gif 😢]

I don't know why CG didn't at least dress before she went out 😆 But she covered both of them with her skirts and I think she tried to bring him back to his room.

img.gif

Of course, they meet HR's servant boy and his assistant 🤣

img.gif

Anyway, CG then ran off after some bumbling excuses and left HR to them. The boy and assistant then start discussing about buying a hairpin 😂 I take it to mean that HR has had previous encounters with women, and a hairpin is the parting gift "after" 🤣

The main takeaway - do you see how transparent HR's night shirt is??? It's practically sheer! I've never seen one like this for a male in any asian historical drama 😂

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 2