Hong Cheon Gi / Red Sky 홍천기 [2021]

Episode 10

Honestly, how can there be not a scene of Juhyang after the baduk suspecting Il Wol Sung is Ha Ram?

The most interesting scene of episode 10 had to be when Ha Ram wakes up in Cheon Ki's room to them getting caught by the servants. :lmao2: Ha Ram is so adorably cute there. And yes @Chocolate Ha Ram's undergarment is so smexy! :Sin: Very thin silk maybe? I don't know, not good with textile but this is way better than Valentino's holes top. Bwahahaha. I saw from Weibo that they say this scene is true to the novel.

7.gif

When did Ha Ram grabbed one of Cheon Ki's undergarment? I repeated this scene when he turned around he wasn't holding anything :lol: I love the smack :lmao2:

This show is seriously, how to say, introducing lots of magical objects/element but not bother explaining the WHYs. Last episode we "think" it was Cheon Ki's tears that stop time but at that same time Mountain Spirit, Ho Ryeong appeared as well. And she was the one who stopped time the first time Mawang looked for his eyes at Mount Inwang. In this episode, we thought it's the ring that stopped Mawang but then we're later shown Hwacha was out there working his spell "to protect" Cheon Ki. So is it really the tears and ring or it is actually Ho Ryeong and Hwacha? I was willing to assume maybe because the ring was from Ha Ram's father who is powerful in magic too that's why the ring absorbed or had its power.

And honestly, what is it with Hwacha? Through Hong Eun Oh, we learnt that this guy was once normal and he was just possessed by Hwacha. But why at that very moment and how is it that Samshin not know about it or she does, just let it be coz he might play a part in sealing Mawang too later...? Is he friend or foe?

Out of the blue we have a new character – 5th Head Priestess of Seongjucheong? And how is it she happened to know so much and had not helped?

@Chocolate The vessel is the painting. It's what Samshin kept saying too although I get why you think it may be something else. I do think eventually it is still the painting that they seal Mawang in once and for all but I think it would end up be Ha Ram's potrait instead. Next preview we "hear" the voice over that Cheon Ki has finished the potrait but seeing how the show said she's not quite ready drawing that divine painting yet I'm inclined to believe her divinity might be used on Ha Ram's potrait after sealing Mawang in the restored potrait fail. :pandathink:

Yangmyeong, Imma a bit disappointed with him now. I get he wants to protect Cheon Ki (and the nation - see what I mean? I hear "nara" so many times I'm like :pandajustright: whatever with your justification) however it was low of him to accuse Ha Ram of the murders of Mount Inwang. I thought Ha Ram was meant to go to the police bureau anyway without having to go to this extreme. Tsk. Now he has minus zero chance with Cheon Ki.

The subtitles in this episode are bad with spelling error and I think the translation might be wrong when Ha Ram said he missed Cheon Ki like the stars missed the sun. I thought he said "as much as the stars in the sky". :idk:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

3 Supernatural Beings In “Lovers Of The Red Sky” Who Protect Kim Yoo Jung And Ahn Hyo Seop

Oct 9, 2021 by L. Kim

The plot of SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky” is more intriguing than ever because of the three supernatural beings Grandmother Samshin (Moon Sook), Ho Ryeong (Jo Ye Rin), and Hwacha (Park Jung Hak)!

Based on a novel, “Lovers of the Red Sky” is a historical fantasy romance drama starring Kim Yoo Jung as Hong Chun Gi, the Joseon Dynasty’s only female painter, who was born blind but miraculously regains her vision, and Ahn Hyo Seop as the blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight.

Spoilers

Hong Chun Gi and Ha Ram’s romance is blossoming day by day, and some credit needs to be given to the  supernatural beings who keep them safe from Ma Wang. Here’s a closer look at the three characters:

Grandmother Samshin

First of all, Grandmother Samshin continues to connect Hong Chun Gi and Ha Ram with a red thread, and she always appears in the nick of time to help them whenever Ma Wang appears. She shows up at the most random times to give advice or warnings, so it’s impossible to ignore her presence.

Above all, Grandmother Samshin is an important figure because she’s the one who sealed Ma Wang in Ha Ram’s body and gave his eyes to Hong Chun Gi. This prevented Ha Ram from dying during the rain ritual, and it also gave Hong Chun Gi the ability to see. However, her motives are still questionable, and it will be intriguing to see what she will cause next.

moon-sook.jpg

Ho Ryeong

Ho Ryeong may look like an average girl, but she is actually the spirit of Inwang Mountain. Whenever Hong Chun Gi is in danger, she appears in the form of a powerful tiger to fight against evil. Viewers couldn’t help but laugh when Hong Chun Gi mistook Ho Ryeong as a little girl who snuck into the palace. Ho Ryeong was fascinated that Hong Chun Gi could see her, and before she vanished into thin air, she warned the female painter, “Your eyes will go back to the original owner.”

lovers-of-the-red-sky2.jpg

Hwacha

Then there is Hwacha, a goblin who lives off of the energy of paintings. There is a rumor that all painters who signed a contract with him either died or went mad after completing a royal portrait. Previously, when Hong Chun Gi was attacked by Ma Wang, Hwacha came to her rescue as he fiercely said, “Don’t touch my painter.” It seems as if he has selected her as his next target, and it will be exciting to find out what will happen once the two meet. Will he be her friend or foe?

lovers-of-the-red-sky-1.jpg

Source

Spoiler

logo_609_6_20181015144515.png

Hong Chun-ki's Samsin Halmang-Horyeong-Hwacha, Kim Yu-jung and Ahn Hyo-seop.

Input2021.10.09. 10:21 AM. | reporter Lee Min-ji

202110091018260010_3_20211009102133944.j

Hong Chun-ki has a string-stealer character that adds fantasy fun.

SBS' Monday-Tuesday drama "Hong Chun-ki" (written by Ha Eun/directed by Jang Tae-yu) is a fantasy romance drawn by Hong Chun-ki (played by Kim Yoo-jung) and Haram (played by Ahn Hyo-seop), a painter with mysterious powers. The existence of the Devil, which puts Hong Chun-ki and Haram at risk, adds to the tension, and the love of the lover, who has become unable to be together, is captivating viewers with affection.The emergence of transcendent beings who protect Hong Chun-ki and Haram adds to the fantasy fun of the play. In addition, the meaningful lines they say become a tteok-bop point that affects the fate and love of Hong Chun-ki and Haram, making viewers pay attention.

# Hongcheon Gihaaram Samsin Halmang connecting with red thread. What about the big picture?
First of all, Samshin Halmang (Moon Sook) continues to connect Hong Cheon-gi and Haram with red thread, and whenever the devil appears, he helps the two people to show his mysterious presence. After the words that Samshin Halm threw as a joke, the meeting between Hong Chun-ki and Haram takes place and heralds danger, making it impossible to pass by the meeting with Samshin Halmang.

Above all, Samsin Halmang is a god who briefly sealed the king of evil in Haram's body and took away the snow, the source of his power, and gave it to Hong Chun-gi. This saved Haram, who almost died in the Stone Age, and gave sight to Hong Chun-ki, a blind child who had lived in darkness for the rest of his life, to create an eternal vessel to seal the demon king in Haram's body. Attention is focused on what will be the big picture of Samshin Halmang, which combines the two with dangerous fate, and the future story.

# Hongcheon Gihaaram, the hero who appears in times of danger, Tok Tok!
Ho-ryeong (played by Jo Ye-rin), a powerful tiger who protects Inwangsan Mountain and Beopgung Palace, although she has the face of a girl. Whenever Hong Cheon-gi is threatened by the demon king in Haram's body, he appears to protect him and gives off a strong presence. Horyeong, who has been living for hundreds of years, treats Hong Chun-ki as if she were a cute child with a face of a girl, creating a chemistry of laughter. What this command secretly said to Hong Chun-ki, "Your eyes will go back to the original owner," is causing viewers to be curious.

# Picture goblin wagon that follows many rumors, and its presence is all over and over again
The black guest who persistently visits Hong Cheon-gi's paintings is a goblin wagon (Park Jung-hak) that feeds on the energy of paintings. The situation in which a painter who has signed a contract with a car is rumored to be all dead or insane after completing the fishing operation. In the midst of this, the train rescued Hong Chun-ki, saying, "Don't touch my potter" when Hong Chun-ki was attacked by the devil. A train that seems to have already chosen Hong Chun-ki as its own painter. Attention is drawn to whether Hong Chun-ki will meet the train or the encounter between Hong Chun-ki, a painter, and Dokkaebi, a painting lover.

Meanwhile, the 11th episode of SBS' Monday-Tuesday drama "Hong Chun-ki," which presents both romance and fantasy fun, will air at 10 p.m. on October 11. (Photo=SBS)

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 5

Just finished episode 9 and it entertaining. At first I thougt I wouldn'r be interested anymore. 

Cute moments between Cheon Gi and Ha Reum. They hace such great chemistry and I am rooting for them. 

Ha Reum finds out he has the demon sealed in him but can't quite grase that he could be so careless with the Second EVIl Prince. Ha Reum confessed ' I Love You" , it was so beautiful. They flew a kite together and both Kites flew away together, so sweet. 

Cheon Gi's tears is so powerful and she was able to reach Ha Reum once he went to sleep and Ma Wang woke up. 

Episode 10m was amazing

I was moved to tears and felt so bad for the OTP. They can't catch a break at all. We have a love RIval who is determined to cut the 'REd String/Fate" because he believes he can make his own path. la di da li da di da , He is so annoying but I expected this you know. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

On 10/6/2021 at 6:13 PM, mademoiselle said:

Honestly, how can there be not a scene of Juhyang after the baduk suspecting Il Wol Sung is Ha Ram?

It's like Superman. Spectacles vs red underwear. We the audience just have to pretend 😂

This show is seriously, how to say, introducing lots of magical objects/element but not bother explaining the WHYs.

That's true. Until now, we still don't know what causes the demon to manifest. It's not solely due to being near Cheon Gi or her touch etc.

Out of the blue we have a new character – 5th Head Priestess of Seongjucheong? And how is it she happened to know so much and had not helped?

Yangmyeong, Imma a bit disappointed with him now. I get he wants to protect Cheon Ki (and the nation - see what I mean? I hear "nara" so many times I'm like :pandajustright: whatever with your justification) however it was low of him to accuse Ha Ram of the murders of Mount Inwang. I thought Ha Ram was meant to go to the police bureau anyway without having to go to this extreme. Tsk. Now he has minus zero chance with Cheon Ki.

I think that the previous Priestess - Mi Soo - has defected to work with Prince Juhyang. So there's a new one to appointed by the King although we were not shown. If they legitimately have the skills, I think they should be able to read the stars, so to speak.

It's nice to hear that Prince Yangmyeong is destined to be a good ruler. He is overconfident though - hope his "obsession" with Cheon Gi doesn't change his course. Yes, it also irks me a little that he keeps telling Ha Ram to stay away from Cheon Gi - I mean, he is nobody to CG also right? Plus CG likes to be with HR 😂 Sometimes, I think he has ulterior motive for being so eager to send HR to the police.

@Chocolate The vessel is the painting. It's what Samshin kept saying too although I get why you think it may be something else. I do think eventually it is still the painting that they seal Mawang in once and for all but I think it would end up be Ha Ram's potrait instead. Next preview we "hear" the voice over that Cheon Ki has finished the potrait but seeing how the show said she's not quite ready drawing that divine painting yet I'm inclined to believe her divinity might be used on Ha Ram's potrait after sealing Mawang in the restored potrait fail.

I always thought it was not very secure to seal the Demon in the painting. It's essentially just a wooden box with a lock that anyone can break. And setting it on fire is so easy. Hope CG has a better way. I agree too that it should be based on HR's portrait instead - maybe it's the one they have already drawn in the last episode...

The subtitles in this episode are bad with spelling error and I think the translation might be wrong when Ha Ram said he missed Cheon Ki like the stars missed the sun. I thought he said "as much as the stars in the sky". 

Haha, I thought it as funny too. Like the stars and sun never ever meet. What is he trying to say? 😂

• Haha 3
8 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Haha, I thought it as funny too. Like the stars and sun never ever meet. What is he trying to say? 😂

Funnily I saw a cut of VIU C-subs, it translated it to as I understood from Korean "as much as the stars in the sky". God knows why the E-subber decided to change it.

9 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I always thought it was not very secure to seal the Demon in the painting. It's essentially just a wooden box with a lock that anyone can break. And setting it on fire is so easy. Hope CG has a better way. I agree too that it should be based on HR's portrait instead - maybe it's the one they have already drawn in the last episode.

Another point to note is also the preview saying she finished the King's potrait next episode. From how many episodes are still left, their attempt to seal Mawang is definitely going to fail for the first time. And in desperation to save her love, which is Haram, that's when her divine power will awake.

11 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

It's nice to hear that Prince Yangmyeong is destined to be a good ruler. He is overconfident though - hope his "obsession" with Cheon Gi doesn't change his course. Yes, it also irks me a little that he keeps telling Ha Ram to stay away from Cheon Gi - I mean, he is nobody to CG also right? Plus CG likes to be with HR 😂 Sometimes, I think he has ulterior motive for being so eager to send HR to the police.

Yeah, he's nobody. However I think it's the entitlement they have from being born in a high social status family (be it royalty, yangban [noble] or chaebol). I feel like I've always come across such character when they are royalty or rich LOL.

14 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

It's like Superman. Spectacles vs red underwear. We the audience just have to pretend 😂

I think Haram is more like the DareDevil (he's blind too, lol)

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

Point 3 seems to state that Ha Ram had intentionally revealed that he is Ilwolseong to Prince Juhyang???

dummy.png?s=900x600&e=t

5 Moments From Episodes 9-10 Of “Lovers Of The Red Sky” That Set The Stage For Battle

Oct 10, 2021 by shalini

Lovers of the Red Sky” returns after that cliffhanger last week. Ha Ram (Ahn Hyo Seop) starts to notice that there may be something wrong with him, or rather within him, as Hong Chun Gi (Kim Yoo Jung) and Prince Yangmyung (Gong Myung) come to the same startling realization, albeit in different ways.

The mythology of the show comes out in full swing with gods, seers, and scheming villains all against each other. Battle lines are drawn, and the stage is set for our young lovers to come together, and fall apart.

Here’s what we loved about this week’s episodes that set the stage for the battle to come!

Warning: spoilers for episodes 9-10 below.

1. Chun Gi gaining spiritual vision

Spoiler
ahn-hyo-seop-kim-yoo-jung5.gif

ahn-hyo-seop-kim-yoo-jung6.gif

Despite all the time we’ve spent getting to know the mythology of this world, its main characters have little idea of the forces playing out around them. This week, Chun Gi finally gains insight into that world when Samshin (Moon Sook) opens her eyes to a whole new world of gods and demons.

Seeing Ma Wang for the first time was terrifying enough, but Chun Gi appears to rationalize it away as some sort of fit.

But she can no longer do so when she finds that she’s able to see Ho Ryeong (Jo Ye Rin), the tiger spirit of Mount Inwang. Suitably bewildered by the girl who appears out of nowhere and disappears back into it, she starts to suspect that there’s something greater afoot, a suspicion that only crystallizes once she witnesses Ha Ram transform into Ma Wang for the second time.

What’s a little troubling about Chun Gi’s spiritual vision is that Samshin seems to be developing it so Chun Gi will make the vessel that is to seal Ma Wang away in a battle that is bound to be catastrophic on a political and emotional level. At all times, Samshin has treated Chun Gi more like a tool that is to accomplish a task than a person. Even Ho Ryeong tells Chun Gi to just forget Samshin and the demon and just live. But knowing Chun Gi, there’s no way she’ll do that.

2. The gods protecting Ha Ram and Chun Gi

Spoiler

If there’s one thing that can be said about Samshin, it’s that she’s a master planner. Those seemingly innocuous paintings in the previous episode and throwaway lines regarding the extent of Ho Ryeong’s power start to tie in as Ma Wang makes his first appearance in the palace.

6b4f9e2df02d04a1a77e8101f112a616036330d2

ahn-hyo-seop2.gif

ahn-hyo-seop1.gif

Coming forth from her painting within Seomungwan (the Astrology office), Ho Ryeong (who derives her power from Mount Inwang, in whose shadow the Palace sits) is able to seal away Ma Wang before he can wreak havoc. Good old Ma Wang attempts to try again at Ha Ram’s home, and guess who’s waiting there? Ho Ryeong, this time in the painting Chun Gi had initially drawn for Prince Yangmyung, but which ended up in Ha Ram’s hands after Samshin sent poor Chun Gi in circles.

The gods clearly know what they’re doing and have carried it out thus far with nary a misstep, almost like they know how this is going to play out. This ties back into Ha Ram and Chun Gi’s discussions that fate is almost set in stone but that human effort can change it if they try hard enough. And trouble certainly seems to be brewing in Ha Ram’s quarter.

3. Ha Ram begins his endgame

Spoiler

ahn-hyo-seop.png

Ha Ram’s endgame is clearly the destruction of the royal family to avenge his father’s death. But just how far is he prepared to go? Despite his initial antagonism of Grand Prince Juhyang (Kwak Si Yang is ridiculously good-looking in this role and in general) and them all but playing hide-and-seek with each other, Ha Ram abruptly joins him. Why? He went through so much trouble to antagonize Juhyang to the point of leaking that he was Ilwolseong only to meet with him, all but confirm that he really is a super spy, and then volunteer to join with him. As far as tactics go, they’re pretty unconvincing.

Oddly enough, Juhyang seems to buy Ha Ram’s sudden shift in loyalty and his thinly-veiled insinuation that Juhyang should kill Yangmyung. Whether this is because he’ll do just about anything to get at the demon in Ha Ram’s body remains to be seen.

kwak-si-yang.png

What’s equally surprising is that Ha Ram just advocated for killing Prince Yangmyung. It doesn’t seem to be a ruse either because he thinks to himself that this’ll ensure the destruction of the royal family once and for all. But Yangmyung, for all his denseness, has been good to Ha Ram, and the two boys (despite their present rivalry over Chun Gi) appeared to be good friends. It’s strange to see a man busy playing gentleman scholar in one moment to turn into a cruel mastermind in another. The two sides aren’t merged well enough for us to see them as one person, so the transition feels jarring and out of character. Will Ha Ram really stop at nothing for revenge? Is he coldhearted enough to toss an innocent friend of so many years to the wolves just so he can destroy the royal family? Only time will tell.

4. Chun Gi’s dilemma

Spoiler

kim-yoo-jung2.png

Chun Gi remains shortchanged in the writing department, with all the juicier conflicts given to the boys. Prince Juhyang has his violent fantasy-political drama, Ha Ram has his revenge melo, and Yangmyung has his bildungsroman (because he really is immature). Thus far, Chun Gi has only had a plucky Candy-ish storyline, which is why it’s gratifying when she, secret divine portrait painter extraordinaire, decides that she’s absolutely not going to do anything of the sort and risk going mad the way her father did.

kim-yoo-jung.png

It finally felt like Kim Yoo Jung was getting some meat to work with as she debates the merits of performing a heroic task for the royal family, for the country, at the cost of her health and sanity. She weighs both options and firmly picks herself over all prestige. But that was before she knew that Ha Ram was involved. It is a little less gratifying to watch her immediately change her mind and decide to risk insanity so that Ha Ram can be free of Ma Wang.

Even Ha Ram spent a few episodes being conflicted over whether he could be with Chun Gi while seeking revenge (and the man’s having his cake and eating it right now). The tension would have been so much more delicious and made for a great character beat if Chun Gi actually took the time to consider whether she’s prepared to sacrifice everything: her painting ability, her sanity, all her achievements thus far, for the sake of a boy she met for one day nineteen years ago and still barely knows now. But perhaps that dilemma will rear its head in the forthcoming episodes, because the love triangle finally hits its climax as Yangmyung arrests Ha Ram in this week’s cliffhanger.

5. Both the boys confess

Spoiler
72752fa86da6d20fc969516354f6c526384df3bd

aefe761b8be1ab7697dbcd8c4b8540cec86dfba3

Ha Ram’s confession felt a little out of the blue. One moment, they were flying kites, the next, he was pretty much proposing. These two seem to be moving at the speed of light. Having gotten the go ahead, Chun Gi gets pretty bold, all but inviting herself to stay overnight at his residence (and almost dying) and treating herself to a very flustered Ha Ram the next day.

6d3e380f390ce9f6bec7b8647e3838cf4dae9d64

ahn-hyo-seop-kim-yoo-jung1.gif

4b0060522b034890af6c52f08600dcfd253c4d29

What follows is peak comedy as Ha Ram tries to hide his very see-through pajamas and only succeeds in dropping his pants. Thankfully, our girl is not above sneaking a peek (and who can blame her!). Moo Young (Song Won Seok) and Man Soo (Kim Hyun Mok) are bewildered at seeing their upright, stalwart boss perform the Walk of Shame and wonder if they should get Chun Gi a binyeo (a pin worn by married women).

But while all this hilarity is going on, Yangmyung also confesses to Chun Gi, who immediately looks weirded out. He plays it off as a joke, but it might have been better to just get it off his chest because his one-sided crush isn’t going away, and her interest really isn’t growing. It remains to be seen just what Yangmyung thinks he can gain by staying silent, but things come to a head when he warns Ha Ram away from Chun Gi to protect her from Ma Wang. Ha Ram intends to do just that but has one last date with her and gives her a final way out, a ticket out of the country, where she can leave behind Ma Wang, be a divine painter, and won’t have to deal with the danger of being around him. It’s a noble decision that she immediately rejects, when Yangmyung pops out of the woodwork and suddenly arrests Ha Ram for the deaths of the guards carrying his palanquin the day he first turned into Ma Wang.

gong-myung.pngkim-yoo-jung-ahn-hyo-seop.png

It really isn’t clear where the motivation for this is coming from. Anger that Ha Ram went to see Chun Gi? If so, that’s really petty of him. A desire to protect Ha Ram? Only next week will tell!

The preview shows Ha Ram in jail and Chun Gi stoically deciding to go through with the painting. With Prince Juhyang, and Samshin, and the in-fighting between the boys in play, the stage is set for our next battle. The only question is who will win.

Source

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Something bothers me...while it is clear from the start that both Haram and CG are destined to walk on this path but I am wondering if Haram will die after the demon leaves his body. At the rain harvest ceremony it was said he was supposed to die - so what is sustaining his life right now is that he is the demon's host. And once the demon is sealed , CG would also lose her sight since it's the demon's eyes. 

More stills

2021101109255227230_1.jpg

In the article it is said that HR refused to take part in the Demon Sealing Ceremony as he doesn't want CG's life to be endangered . He doesn't want her to do the painting.

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I watched the episodes with subs and it was a fast episode . I continue to like this drama very much because it is well-balanced between romance, fantasy and palace politics. The romance doesn't get as well-developed because there there's so much going on in the story but I think it is sufficient.  Am sure if I wanted to nit pick there are some things which have been overlooked by the writer , but on the whole this drama has continued to keep me engaged. There are some mysteries but the storyline is still coherent as far as I am concerned.  Not many dramas can do this all the way. 

Just quick recaps here from: https://www.tvreport.co.kr/2081413

Spoiler

“Woman of Destiny”... 'Hongcheongi' Ahn Hyo-seop and Kim Yoo-jung joined hands to wake the demon king [synthesis]

a9d4dfdc-a9f9-421e-8081-d1a5a1d0ee37.jpg

6b3ae9f6-63ad-4e9d-a5ea-4262f33d2f4b.jpg

4316ea2e-1084-4fef-b650-6cfe61c0b74e.jpg

39700ebc-be94-4652-a6d8-9ebf97ad9b89.jpg

5522d71a-002b-4297-9fbf-8a1be0958b63.jpg

18643ba2-601c-449e-bff9-025ab5e75856.jpg

Even though Hong Cheon-gi knew the secret of the painting & what may happen to her , she wanted to complete it in order to save Haram. Previously, while Haram was taken to the Police Bureau as a suspect in the Inwangsan case, Hong Chun-ki showed her enthusiasm, saying, “If I complete Eo-yong(paiting ) , everyone will be able to live.”

However, it is not enough to meet Haram who is imprisoned despite all her efforts. 

In the end, Hong Chun-ki asked Horyeong, the god of Inwangsan. Recalling what Horyeong had told her to break up with the demon king in the past, and asking why. In response, Horyeong said, “If the Demon King has a chance, he will follow you. You could be killed. Think for yourself why you can see me? What is the reason that the demon lord that threatens you keeps appearing in front of you?” Horyeong  asked.

“Is that because I am the  painter who will paint the vessel to seal the demon king?” Hong Cheon-gi said. Horyeong replied “Yes. So, just by touching each other, the Demon King jumps out. If you encounter it, you should avoid it. I advise you to be careful and finish the painting quickly.”

However, despite Horyeong's warning, Hong Chun-ki asked Lee Yul (Gong Myung) to meet Haram for the last time, and said, "I think I will be able to draw properly when I see his face to see if he is  doing well."

Lee Yul replied, “Hello, is this really going to happen? Even knowing that there is such a special energy in Ha-ju-bu's body," he got angry, but Hong Chun-ki knelt in front of him and showed his will, saying, "I won't get up until you tell me to help." Seeing this, Lee Yul felt bitter, saying, 'Is this child's love so deep?'

Spoiler

8b3d1b02-386d-4876-9ff6-c7dc51d37874.jpg

Spoiler

b2a01617-76a2-48bb-a1dc-3fabf21be2c4.jpg

82a45be0-0306-4736-90cb-468964461ed6.jpg

9f8dfddb-5ecb-4e63-8ad8-415879663c7b.jpg

Spoiler

3b26fe26-6f5e-411e-b586-9d62c6eb6015.jpg

On the other hand, on this day, Hong Chun-ki completed the sketch of Eo-yong after many twists and turns, but received reviews from the shaman for lack of spirituality. Seong-jo (Jo Seong-ha) was very sad.
Later Lee Yul hinted to CG the reason for the lack of divinity for the painting:  “Please, forget Scholar  Ha, even while drawing potrait . 
Please,” he asked.

Nevertheless, with the help of two close friends Choi Jeong (Hong Kyung) and Cha Young-wook (Hong Jin-ki), Hong Chun-ki infiltrated the Police Bureau , but was soon caught.

Fortunately, Hong Cheon-gi was met by Lee Yul, who ran over as soon as he heard the news. In front of Haram, Hong Chun-ki said, "It's my fault. It is said that when the scholar and I touch, the Demon King will appear. It is because I am the painter  who will seal the Demon King. It's all my fault," she cried.

Haram replied, “Like I said before, you  should leave. It is not about you but you are putting me in danger,” he said coldly, but Hong Chun-ki, understood his true intentions, said, “It doesn’t matter what the scholar says. No matter what happens, I will be with you. Because it has been so  difficult to meet again.”

Despite Haram's warning that she would regret it, Hong Chun-ki said, "Yes, I will regret it. But I am still going to  complete the portrait  and seal the demon king,” she said strongly.

At the end of the episode, Haram, who holds Hong Cheon-gi's hand and wakes up the demon king, is drawn to confirm fate, raising curiosity about the subsequent development.

5189310f-3d0d-416c-baa6-7fd439115aa2.jpg

760edb1b-a322-4587-8bb1-c0350dff3941.jpg

Just to add to the recaps above...on the political front...Prince JooHyang has begun his move on the advice of HR ( HR's assistant still communicates with JH ). JooHyang begins to raise suspicion about the state of the Crown Prince's health and ability to be king thus creating a lot of murmur among the officials & upsetting his father , the King. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

There were some moments in Ep 11 that were quite sad.

1. When Cheon Gi tried to stop Ha Ram from being taken away

img.gif

Source: silvertrhee

2. Poor Prince Yangmyeong. He really likes her. His expression everytime he sees Cheon Gi so concerned for Ha Ram is quite heartbreaking too. And she calls him a jerk! 😅 But still he helped her to enter the dungeon to visit Ha Ram ❤

img.gif

img.gif

Source: silvertrhee

• Like 4
12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Just to add to the recaps above...on the political front...Prince JooHyang has begun his move on the advice of HR ( HR's assistant still communicates with JH ). JooHyang begins to raise suspicion about the state of the Crown Prince's health and ability to be king thus creating a lot of murmur among the officials & upsetting his father , the King. 

Much as we can understand Ha Ram's reason for revenge on the royal family, I find him quite two-faced. So I am not quite sure I like this character. On one hand, he has been friends with Prince Yangmyeong since young and in his presence, he usually presents his gentle self. But on the other side, he is plotting and even tries to suggest to Prince Juhyang to kill Prince Yangmyeong. That is total cold-heartedness. The turnabout is giving me whiplash. Of course, part of the problem could be because Prince Yangmyeong is quite a good guy and doesn't deserve to be betrayed like this.

So this episode finally answers one question - that the demon awakes when they touch. [But I think they have touched at other times and nothing happens? Maybe it has to be a certain duration...]

img.gif

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 4
46 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

So this episode finally answers one question - that the demon awakes when they touch. [But I think they have touched at other times and nothing happens? Maybe it has to be a certain duration...]

maybe they need to touch and look into each other eyes for the demon to be fully awaken and taken over Haram's body....

cause the demon is looking for his eyes after all....and the eyes might be the trigger that actually help it to be awaken....as there are times they touch however they werent looking into each other eyes? and Haram seems fine?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

I must be far behind from everyone here, I only watched until ep 8 beginning. I paused it and havent resumed it yet. 

So I'm not sure which episode you refer your prev question to me @mademoiselle but I vaguely remember you asked wether I would get an SLS here. So far the answer is no. Yamyung prince is smiling so charming yes, but it doesn't go that far enough to waver my ship. Lols. I am still rooting Ha scholar with Chun Gi. She never has any thoughts of the prince even just a bit, all her head is full of Ha Ram alone. And He finally stops pretending to forget her now. So yea, all good lah. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
38 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I must be far behind from everyone here, I only watched until ep 8 beginning. I paused it and havent resumed it yet. 

So I'm not sure which episode you refer your prev question to me @mademoiselle but I vaguely remember you asked wether I would get an SLS here. So far the answer is no. Yamyung prince is smiling so charming yes, but it doesn't go that far enough to waver my ship. Lols. I am still rooting Ha scholar with Chun Gi. She never has any thoughts of the prince even just a bit, all her head is full of Ha Ram alone. And He finally stops pretending to forget her now. So yea, all good lah. 

LOL nvm. I don't remember which episode I asked you that question. Just Yangmyeong being cute but he's not cute anymore but annoying now HAHAHA.

I haven't watched the latest episode yet. I'm wondering if I should wait knowing fully how it ended... I want to see fainted Haram more and they end it before this. Tsk.

OST 6

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Watching it now... Yangmyeong tells Haram at night it will be cold and I thought he was going to say he will bring a warm blanket for Haram and BAM, he said straws 😑😑😑

Not impressed. And who is that old man in the cell?

Don't mind me. Still watching.

--- --- ---

OK! I finished.

Other than what I mentioned last week about how this drama just threw at us all these magical beings and not bothered to explain it, I was reminded in this episode that the show also tell us Haram has an alter ego Il Wol Seong and did not bother to tell us how he became one and how he and his followers came about. Although it might not be too hard to guess since they all seem to want to take revenge on the Royals. Also, Haram is so under-developed as a character. I think I'd have to read the novel after the drama ends to get a better understanding of the story and characters' thoughts.

You know the bit where Haram asked Yangmyeong why he apologises? It doesn't explain much of how Haram truly feels towards Yangmyeong but it does hint that Yangmyeong is a "the" prince that will be great and has the good quality of a King. Haram may be blinded by revenge now but I kind of think soon he'll give in to serve Yangmyeong later.

I kind of also thought it is a bit of a joke that Joohyang needed Il Wol Seong to tell him this "great" plan of shaking the court about Crown Prince being sick. Can't he and his team of brains thought of the same thing? If a prince and his subjects can't even think of this then he's really not suitable to play politics. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

If a prince and his subjects can't even think of this then he's really not suitable to play politics. 🤷‍♀️

Even his father thinks he ain't clever. He wants YM to succeed him since the Crown Prince may not make it.

-----------------------

Recaps from Naver

After holding hands with Hong Chun-ki, Haram was able to use his eyes in the subconscious realm and saw CG's face . But after while, the demon king appeared and surrounded Haram's body and he fell down. Then, the demon king even aimed at Hong Chun-gi's eyes. At this time, the light emitted from the ring and  defeated the demon king, and Hongcheongi regained her spirit. But Haram collapsed on the spot in prison. Yangmyeong, who came to visit after hearing this, dragged her out, saying, "It's useless no matter what," despite Hong's words, "The Demon King is in there. It's dangerous to leave Haram like this."

Afterwards, the white-haired old man in the prison uttered a spell and woke up Haram. The white-haired old man said, “The ring has the power to protect the heart even if it is possessed by the demon king. "

Upon hearing the news of Haram's collapse, Seong-jo (Jo Seong-ha) was concerned saying , "Will the Demon King wake up first before the sealing ceremony?"

Grand Prince Yang Myeong came back and asked Hong Chun-ki, who was in a hurry to draw the portrait , what was the reason she would risk breaking into the prison. Hong Chun-ki said, "It's because I'm in love with the scholar," and said, "I'd rather be imprisoned in that stone prison." She continued, "It's all my fault. I shouldn't have been too greedy. I saw the Demon King in prison earlier. I saw it with my own two eyes. How frightening and terrifying for him to be alone."

Hong Chun-ki begged, "Please help the scholar." Yang Myung-gun said, "It's the same both Scholar Ha  and you who are truly pathetic, foolish, and incapable of salvation." ( since she would risk insanity to draw the portrait & that he didn't want to have the demon sealed so she didn't have to draw) 

Hong Chun-ki tried to erase her affectionate feelings for Haram by portraying the use of words. After a while, a divine spirit resided in her, and she saw the figure of the old portrait   before it was damaged. She  started drawing with a single stroke. At the same time, Haram woke up and sensed the danger of Heavenly Spirit through the Demon King.

Yangmyeong met  King Seongjo and asked, "What will happen to Haram and Hong CG after the sealing ceremony?" Seongjo said, "Scholar Ha will be free," but "The fate of the divine painter depends on the sky." He continued, "Even the father of the divine painter couldn't escape the curse. However, drawing a picture to seal the demon king for all people is the skill of painters from heaven." Yang Myung-gun asked, "Aren't we making the divine painter  work too harshly?"

Seongjo said, "On the day when the fire broke out in Gyeongwonjeon, I wondered why there were some parts that didn't burn out, but now I know. What survived was the will of the painting." He continued, "The fate of the divine artist will also be determined by the painting."

Grand Prince Joo Hyang (Kwak Si-Yang) was visiting the king , and secretly overheard  Seong-Jo telling  Yang Myeong, "After the sealing ceremony, I will make you crown prince." In response to the words of Grand Prince Yangmyeong, who said, "There is a strong second brother whom you can appoint ," Seongjo said, "He is strong and intelligent, but he is not smart. Moreover, after the fire at Gyeongwonjeon, he pursued the demon king. After that, what will happen to this country and the royal family when he sits on the throne?" he said. Then, Seongjo took the hand of  Yangmyeong and said, "This is a command I give to you not as your father, but as the monarch of this country." 

Enraged with anger, Grand Prince Joo Hyang said, "Even if we split Haram's body, we will have to take out the Demon King."

Grand Prince Juhyang, who visited the stone prison where Haram was imprisoned, said, “Give me the Demon King. Give it to me and you will be free from the Demon King,” he conciliated. Haram said, “Is it something you can pass over even if you want to pass it on? What will happen if I don't hand it over?" 

"You just have to accept it." Joo Hyang then threatened, "You will suffer & have to go through the Sealing Ceremony. Dogs used to hunt rabbits are killed when the hunt is over. When the sealing ceremony is over, all those involved will either die or run away," he alluded.

To Haram's request, "Give me some time to think," Joo Hyang said, "I didn't come today to hear an answer." To prevent this, Joo hyang's subordinates pointed their swords at Yangmyeong Grand Army. “Where are you trying to take this criminals to?” asked Yang Myung. At the moment when Joohyang was angry, KIng Seongjo appeared in the prison.

Seongjo took Grand Prince Juhyang to a quiet place. While raising his voice with Grand Prince Juhyang, Seongjo collapsed and vomited blood. 

Hong Chun-gi restored the portrait  and raised her feelings for Haram even more. Sje vowed to herself, "I will not sign a contract with the (goblin)  Hwacha. However if there is a moment when I have to make a contract, I am not afraid to go crazy if I can save Haram."

Haram said to himself, "Now that the principal has fallen, the era of chaos will come. Now, if only the Demon King is handed over to the great Joo Hyang, the heavenly spirit can be saved." Grand Army Joo Hyang told Grand Army Yang Myeong, "I will release Scholar Ha ." Prince Yang Myeong, who noticed Joo Hyang's intentions, tried to stop it and said, "If my father is conscious, you can release him." Then, "The Demon Lord, aren't you coveting it?" Grand Admiral Yang Myeong said, "It will devour my brother and even eat the whole country." 

Haram told Grand Army Joo Hyang, who came to visit him, that he had foreseen that he would fall on the pillar. He also said that he had finished preparing his heart and said, "There is one blue." That request is that Haram will decide the way.

Haram was eventually released from prison under the orders of Grand Army Zhuhyang. Grand Admiral Joo Hyang told Grand Army Yang Myung, "Hurry up to prepare for the sealing ceremony. I will personally manage it."

Before the sealing ceremony, Hong Chun-gi heard that Haram had been released and rushed out. Grand Prince Juhyang intends to put Haram in a litter so that he can stay in his residence. But Haram's intentions were different. Haram said, "I don't care about the demon king anymore. I'm on the road of revenge anyway. The selfishness of the royal family who used me and my father is still there. Now, I will make you pay the price, ” he whispered . Inside the litter  where Haram was riding, Hong Cheon-gi was secretly inside. Haram told Hong Cheon-ki, She told him she's not sure if the ceremony will take place but Haram says “The sealing ceremony will be held.”

The servants accidentally tripped and almost dropped the litter. JH realises there maybe someone else inside it . He put a knife in and ordered, “Open the litter door.”

FBg2jycVUAYLRu8?format=jpg&name=900x900

-------------

Preview

• Like 4