Hong Cheon Gi / Red Sky 홍천기 [2021]

14 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

The thing about writing these posts is that after too long, I've forgotten about most of the episode 😆

I think my problem is that I am watching a few at once that I have no time to process. Sometimes , I cannot even remember the names of some characters! 

Ooo what is this...looks like she meets him ahead of the Demon Sealing Ceremony

NISI20211016_0000847965_web.jpg?rnd=2021

The ring that Haram gave is no ordinary token of love. It was revealed that it was made from the bones of the Dragon God  swallowed by the demon king, and possessed the power to oppose the demon king. But what about the old man? Who is he? Has supernatural abilities & seems to know Haram's father or is he HR's father ? HR's father can't possibly be alive right? 

Photo courtesy of SBS 'Hongcheongi'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

dummy.png?s=900x600&e=t

3 Key Questions That Were Answered In Episodes 11-12 Of “Lovers Of The Red Sky” And 2 Questions That Weren’t

Oct 17, 2021 by shalini

Lovers of the Red Sky” hits a bit of a standstill this week as our young lovers are separated. Fantasy takes a backseat to political machinations as King Seongjo (Jo Sung Ha), Prince Juhyang (Kwak Si Yang), and Prince Yangmyung (Gong Myung) battle it out for the throne, the demon, and for Hong Chun Gi (Kim Yoo Jung).

With the plot moving quite slowly, the show finally answers a couple crucial questions but leaves a few major points unaddressed. Here what we liked and what we found confusing about this week’s episodes!

Warning: spoilers for episodes 11-12 below.

1. Answered: Hong Eun Oh’s deal with Hwacha

Spoiler

Kim-Yoo-Jung1.png

For the longest time, Chun Gi believed that it was the painting a divine portrait of the former king that caused her father Hong Eun Oh (Choi Kwang Il) to go mad, but when she overhears a conversation between Choi Won Ho (Kim Kwang Gyu) and Ah Gyeon (Jang Hyun Sung), the truth comes out.

The deity Hwacha, better known as the green-eyed man hovering around Chun Gi, is a goblin who lives off the energy in painters. If such a painter strikes his fancy, or if a divine painter attempts a divine portrait, he approaches the painter to propose a deal. The painter will produce his finest work but be doomed to die or go mad thereafter. As Won Ho puts it, Hwacha is someone a painter dreams of and dreads meeting. To deny him is to reject reaching the pinnacle of a painter’s career, but to accept him is to accept the end of their career.

jang-hyun-sung.png

For his part, Ahn Gyeon knew of what could befall Chun Gi but refused to inform her of the risks.  Having been jealous of Eun Oh, he only sees Chun Gi as a means to an end, a way to seal the demon once and for all (until someone else like Juhyang lets it out that is).

Chun Gi is suitably horrified at the decision before her but immediately chooses to sacrifice her life or her sanity, whatever it may be, if it means saving Ha Ram (a very noble decision but really quite strange as she barely knows him).

But if Hwacha is who made Eun Oh go mad, then where does Kan Yoo Guk (Park Jung Hak), Eun Oh’s helper during the original portrait drawing, come into play? Plus Hwacha also made a deal with Shim Dae Yu (Jang Won Hyung a.k.a. Shim with a hat during the Makjuheon) who seemed quite sane, so just who is responsible for all this insanity?  It’s all quite confusing.

2. Unanswered: Ha Ram’s Revenge

Spoiler

Ahn-Hyo-Seop-Kwak-Si-Yang-2.png

Ha Ram’s revenge remains as mysterious as ever. It’s clear that he wants the downfall of the royal family, but the way he’s going about it absolutely boggles the mind. First, after Yangmyung arrests him, he appears to be calm, understanding as to why Yangmyung did so. After all, it’s no contest that he posed danger to Chun Gi.

Ahn-Hyo-Seop-Gong-Myung1.png

Yet, he immediately turns around to send a message to Juhyang that puts Yangmyung in the line of fire. There’s no way Ha Ram didn’t know that King Seongjo would place Yangmyung as the next in line for the throne. For all his naivete, Yangmyung has always been levelheaded, whereas Juhyang is nothing but power-hungry on the best of days. Ha Ram knows that he’s pitting brother against brother, his friend against a man who promises to be a tyrant, but he doesn’t seem to care.

Ahn-Hyo-Seop-Kwak-Si-Yang-2-1.png

Worse, Ha Ram genuinely seems to intend to give Ma Wang to Juhyang without any regard for the consequences it could have for people of the nation. He’s more concerned about taking out as many people as he can within the royal family. Those are difficult actions to root for. There’s Yangmyung’s side, Juhyang’s side, and Ha Ram’s side, and the latter is the most confusing of all, because what does Ha Ram want? To sow discord? To get rid of the demon? Both?

And what are his plans afterwards? To run away with Chun Gi and play house while the world collapses around them with Juhyang in control of Ma Wang? It feels like there were two Ha Rams in prison. One feeling defeated, reciting sad poems and hitting walls, and the other scheming away. The political side and fantasy side of this drama really don’t mesh well.

3. Answered: Yangmyung’s Motivations

Spoiler

Ahn-Hyo-Seop-Gong-Myung1-2.png

In contrast to Ha Ram’s strange characterization, Yangmyung is completely transparent. Where Ha Ram hides everything from Chun Gi (who still doesn’t know the man she keeps crying over is inciting political violence in private), Yangmyung’s motivations are clear. He cares for Ha Ram and plays fair in love and war. Arresting Ha Ram had nothing to do with his feelings and everything to do with Chun Gi’s and everyone else’s safety. Ha Ram clearly has no control over Ma Wang and killed those poor guards carrying his palanquin, so it makes sense to keep him in a high security prison until the sealing.

Yangmyung doesn’t want the throne, making him the perfect fit for it. He doesn’t want to be in conflict with his brother, doesn’t want to hurt Ha Ram, and doesn’t want Chun Gi to be placed in harm’s way, but he knows what he has to do and does it without complaint. He may not be a particularly stellar love interest, but Yangmyung’s probably the most reasonable character in the entire show.

4. Unanswered: What are Mooyoung and Maehyang’s stakes in this battle?

Spoiler

Ha-Yul-Ri.png

When Maehyang (Ha Yul Ri) first burst onto the scene in her face-off with Juhyang, it seemed that she was the second female lead. Alas, she’s been relegated to the periphery ever since. We know Ha Ram trusts her enough to keep her within his circle, but we haven’t been told anything else. The same goes for Mooyoung (Song Won Seok), Ha Ram’s stalwart helper.

Song-Won-Seok.png

Why do they help Ha Ram? Why are they invested in his revenge? What did the royal family do to them? How did they even meet Ha Ram enough to form this little spy network? A sageuk, and especially a story like this, usually has a couple of deaths at the end, meaning it’s likely one of them will die. But it’s that much harder to get invested in their death if we don’t know anything of their life. If only this drama would flesh out their backstories, they seem far more compelling than montage after montage of Chun Gi begging on her knees for Ha Ram’s life.

5. Answered: What relevance does the ring have?

Spoiler

ahn-hyo-seop-kim-yoo-jung.pngahn-hyo-seop-kim-yoo-jung1.png

The mysterious prisoner (Choi Jong Won) in the cell opposite Ha Ram’s is more than he seems. He knew the ring that Ha Ram gifted Chun Gi was made with the remnants of the balance god eaten by Ma Wang. More than that, it had the power to bring both Chun Gi and Ha Ram into the landscape of his mind so to speak, where Ha Ram was able to see her for the first time and see the entity within him. The prisoner notes that it’ll prevent Ha Ram from slipping into unconsciousness, meaning he’ll be able to stay sane even if possessed by Ma Wang. That’ll likely come in useful the next time the demon comes calling for his eyes.

Next week shows everything hitting all at once. Ha Ram plots to unleash Ma Wang at the sealing ritual, Yangmyung is informed that he must kill Ha Ram to get rid of Ma Wang, Ha Ram starts getting Ma Wang’s memories. All of this is great, but Chun Gi remains so horribly neglected that it begs the question as to why the Korean title of this drama is Hong Chun Gi at all.

Her role these past two episodes has been to cry over Ha Ram, make frankly enormous decisions involving her life and sanity for his sake when she barely knows him, and cry and beg him some more. At this rate, the greatest question in this show isn’t how Ha Ram and Chun Gi will survive but if Chun Gi will get a character arc.

Source

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 10/13/2021 at 10:06 AM, NiteWalker said:

so will the demon sealing be successful this times?

as i remember at the beginning they did stated that once the demon was seal away the painter disappear 

I don't think so. First of all, there are 4 episodes left. Secondly, I think this painting of Ha Ram will be used. When HR was taken away, the camera flashed to it. There must be a reason right? She also painted this with love and together with HR - how much more "divine" can it get 😂

VYfJBH8.png?1

Also to clarify about Cheon Gi going mad. I'm not sure, but I thought her father went mad because he looked into Ma Wang's eyes. He did not hear the warning not to do so because he was in the room prior to that.

In3b7vB.png?1

zh962ur.png?1

lq70jtj.png?1

And it seems like Hwacha had made a deal with this other painter, not CG's father. So his insanity cannot be attributed to Hwacha. 

RPK9AS0.png?1

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
17 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I don't think so. First of all, there are 4 episodes left. Secondly, I think this painting of Ha Ram will be used. When HR was taken away, the camera flashed to it. There must be a reason right? She also painted this with love and together with HR - how much more "divine" can it get

I also think that this painting will be used. That's the reason Ha Ram got her to draw his portrait. He had wanted to find other ways to seal the demon so as not to cause harm to CG. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Come to think of it, if this sealing ceremony doesn't work, it means all of Cheon Gi's effort to paint the old King's portrait is all for nought.

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Ahn Hyo Seop, Gong Myung, And Kwak Si Yang Begin The Sealing Ritual In “Lovers Of The Red Sky”

Oct 18, 2021 by L. Kim

SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky” shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

Based on the novel of the same name, “Lovers of the Red Sky” is a historical fantasy romance drama starring Kim Yoo Jung as the Joseon dynasty’s only female painter Hong Chun Gi, who was born blind but miraculously regains vision. Ahn Hyo Seop stars as blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight, while Gong Myung stars as the romantic and free-spirited Prince Yangmyeong, a lover of the arts who falls for Hong Chun Gi.

Spoilers

Previously, Ha Ram showed his genuine intention to give Ma Wang to Prince Juhyang (Kwak Si Yang) without any regard for the consequences it could have for people of the nation. He’s more concerned about taking out as many people as he can within the royal family, especially since the demon had attempted to hurt his love Hong Chun Gi multiple times.

On October 18, the drama released two sets of stills that show the changes that will be coming in the next episodes. First off, Ha Ram is tied and bound in a chair for the sealing ritual, and he ;ooks determined as if he’s prepared for what’s to come.

Prince Juhyang and Prince Yangmyeong have thoroughly prepared for the sealing ritual, and Prince Yangmyeong looks especially serious as his shoulders are heavy with the responsibility of successfully completing the ceremony. On the other hand, Prince Juhyang, who has been waiting for this day, is watching the situation with sharp eyes. His plan is to intercept Ma Wang so that it can enter his body, and the brothers’ war of nerves will make tension escalate in the drama.

ahn-hyo-seop-21.jpgahn-hyo-seop-11.jpggong-myung-11.jpgkwak-si-yang-1.jpg

A second set of stills show Hong Chun Gi attempting to complete the royal portrait. Previously, she was unable to draw it with divine power due to her distracted mind. The new stills show her will and determination to not fail this time, and she puts all her heart and soul into the painting. Her friends Choi Jung (Hong Kyung) and Cha Young Wook (Hong Jin Ki) worriedly watch her as they support her from the side.

Spoiler

lovers-of-the-red-sky-12.jpg

The next episode of “Lovers of the Red Sky” airs on October 18 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Recaps from Naver for tonight's episode. The Demon Sealing Ceremony didn't go too well :Mimed:

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2021/10/987368/

Grand Admiral Joo Hyang noticed that someone had secretly got into Haram's wagon, and thrust his sword into the kiln. Haram said, "I have already sworn allegiance to you , even as Ilwolseong. What are you afraid of?" Joo Hyang  replied, "I'm not afraid of anything."

Haram advised "You have nothing to fear now, so take your time. " After all, after the sealing ceremony, I am going to die.” JH said, “Okay. From now on, I will believe." Haram also said to himself, "You will gradually come to understand what fear really is. How weak and ill that can make humans.”

image_readtop_2021_987368_16345661064819

Joo Hyang prepared a place for him and ordered Haram, “I need to find a holy thing (token) .” Then he said, “It’s the something  that the previous kings always wore that has the power over the devil allowing me to use it at my will. "Haram was surprised to realize that it referred to the jade ring  which he presented to Hong CG.

YM went to see his father  Seongjo (Jo Seong-ha), who lost his mind, he said, "My brother is about to take down the Demon King. What should I do? If the sealing ceremony is held like this, blood and wind could happen to this country that you  had so wanted to avoid.” He was sad ,  and continued saying, “Isn’t Eoyong (painting of the old king)  necessary for the sealing ceremony  The Demon King can only be summoned from the Scholar Ha's body only if there is a vessel. It seems that Joo Hyang  is preparing for the coming of the Demon King, aiming for that moment.”

Hong Chun-ki was worried, "Then what will happen to Haram ?", and Yang Myeong said, "I don't know. No matter how my brother comes out, I will surely seal the Demon King to Eoyong. What we can do now is to do the best we can in our respective positions," he said.  Hong Cheon-ki said to YM " You must make the sealing ceremony successful."

Yang Myeong visited Wolseon ( the official palace shaman ) and asked if the preparations were going well. Yang Myeong said, "The biggest enemy of this sealing ceremony is my brother. His purpose is not the sealing ceremony. He is trying to take the Demon King into his own body." He continued, "It seems that my brother has been waiting for a long time for the day he will take on the Demon King. You and I have to make all the preparations to successfully seal the demon into the painting. That's what my father wanted until the very end."

Yang Myeong asked, "What should I do if the seal fails and the Demon King descends into my brother's body?" "There is only one way," said the Prime Minister. "You must stop him at once. After that, you cannot be called a human being. It will stop everyone around you and become a great concern for the royal family."

On this day, Hong Chun-ki persuaded Haram, "Don't let the Demon King descend into Joohyang." Hong Chun-ki said, "I won't get mad. I didn't deal with the goblin . So, don't worry about it any more. She continued, "It's not that I'm not afraid of madness. But if I can save the you  with my talent, I will want to.  He in turn told her not to come to the ceremony. 

Finally, the day of the Demon King Sealing Ceremony came. Haram said, "Is this the Demon King? I can't control my power."  Joo Hyang said to Haram , "The Demon King is now mine."

When everyone was lying down, Wolseon was about to hold a ceremony to seal the Demon King to Eoyong. But the Demon King ran wildly uncontrollably. Hong Chun-ki stood in front of Haram and sobbed, "You have to come to your senses." Haram suffered, saying, "My body doesn't listen." When the Demon King of Haram was about to harm Hongcheongi, Grand Prince Yangmyeong put a sword on Haram's back.

202110182309210010_2.jpg

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Thoughts on Episode 13:

• Ma Wang is becoming comical for me. The minute Cheon Gi went outside, I knew Ma Wang would go looking for "my eyes!" again 🤣

img.gif

• As expected, the sealing ceremony did not work. The painting by CG of the old King could attract Ma Wang to stir but could not contain it. Ma Wang tore through the painting and repossessed Ha Ram.
  • It seems that our dear Ma Wang is also quite discriminatory of the body he wants to reside in. He doesn't want Prince Juhyang and in fact tried to strangle him. I wonder why.
  • We finally have an answer to who ordered HR's father to be killed - it was the old king. He wanted to kill those who witnessed the first sealing ceremony. Although this doesn't seem consistent too as many of those present survived eg. Mi Soo the Shaman, the guard who killed HR's father etc.

rm8mHj0.png

Kwak Si-yang and Kim Yoo-jung threaten! Is Hyo-seop Ahn going to the rescue? (Hongcheongi)

2021-10-19 13:21

'Hongcheongi' Kwak Si-yang calls out Ahn Hyo-seop with Kim Yoo-jung as bait.

sNFUGuU.jpg

SBS 'Hongcheongi' (directed by Jang Tae-yu/drama Ha-eun/produced by Studio S, studio Tae-yu) unfolded the sealing ceremony of the demon king of chaos, giving the house theater a raging tension. Haram (Ahn Hyo-seop) even succeeded in summoning the demon king who resided in his body, but Joo Hyang Dae-gun (Kwak Si-yang) did not download the demon king, and an unexpected accident occurred in which the words to seal the demon king were torn.

Haram suffered while embracing the Demon King. And Hong Cheon-ki (Kim Yoo-jeong) bravely appeared in front of Haram, who was turning into a demon king, and called out to Haram. However, Haram could not control the growing demon king within his body and threatened Hongcheongi again. In the end, Daegun Yangmyeong (Gongmyeong) stabbed Haram with his sword, and the ending of Haram and the Demon King who struggled in pain made us curious about the next development.

In the midst of this, the scene released by the production team ahead of the 14th episode on October 19th shows Haram and Hong Chunki after the sealing ceremony, attracting attention. First, the appearance of Hong Chun-ki, who is threatened by Grand Army Joo-hyang, foretells a crisis. Daegun Joo Hyang is trying to catch Hong Chun-gi, a painter who will draw the fish, in order to summon the Demon King again. Hong Chun-gi breaks the hearts of the viewers as he speaks desperately in front of Grand Army Joo Hyang, who even cut a knife to his father Hong Eun-oh (Choi Kwang-il).

The appearance of Haram wearing a black hat and veil raises curiosity. After the sealing ceremony, Daegun Joo Hyang ordered a wanted order to find Haram who disappeared, and said that he pressured Haram by any means possible. Expectations are high on how Haram will appear to save Hong Chun-ki, who is in crisis. In addition, viewers' curiosity about what happened to Haram after the sealing ceremony is amplifying.

The production team of 'Hongcheongi' said, "After the sealing ceremony, a storm hits Haram and Hongcheongi. An unpredictable development is expected, saying, “At the same time, an unexpected person goes out to help the two of them,” he said. made it The 14th episode of SBS 'Hongcheongi', which will tell the story after the sealing ceremony of the storm, will be broadcast at 10 pm on October 19th.

iMBC Kim Hye-young | photo credit = SBS

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
4 hours ago, Chocolate said:
  •  
  • It seems that our dear Ma Wang is also quite discriminatory of the body he wants to reside in. He doesn't want Prince Juhyang and in fact tried to strangle him. I wonder why.

I will try to answer this by saying Ma Wang is trapped in Ha Ram’s body because of the butterfly thingy? As for the strangling, wasn’t it Ha Ram trying to kill those people via Ma Wang? But then again, he said he couldn’t control his body. Tbh, a lot of things made me confuse. Like, Prince JuHyang wanted Ma Wang to be inside of him, but hello, does he ever think about or know how to control Ma Wang? This is the demon we’re talking here. You should be selling your soul to him as his slave instead of making him your servant at your command...?? Ma Wang literally means King of the Demon(s), but a human being can control it without striking some kind of deal?

Someone speculated elsewhere, that Ma Wang cannot be sealed in because he is still missing his eyes. So what is needed is Ha Ram’s portrait with CH’a eyes drawn in, before the sealing can be complete. Talking about the eyes, have CG and HaRam not heard the “my eyes, my eyes” yet? They were not always unconscious when that happened, or maybe fear gripped them too much to register anything else... 🤷🏻‍♀️

Yang Myeong told the witch that when he stab his brother, he will probably die too... So who’s gonna rule the kingdom? The father is sick, the brother is ill... 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sorry I am nitpicking now. I am getting frustrated with the story development tbh... 😞

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Recaps for eps 14

In the SBS 'Hongcheongi' broadcast on the 19th, after the demon king sealing ceremony failed, Joo Hyang ran into a runaway, killing people around Hong Cheon-ki (Kim Yoo-jeong), Haram, and Yangmyeong Dae-gun (Gongmyeong).

During the sealing ceremony,  Yangmyeong stabbed Haram with his magical sword to prevent the demon king from harming the Hongcheongi. Through this, the demon king was sealed in Haram's body again. After the unsuccessful sealing ceremony, Haram apologized to Hong Chun-ki again and again.

Joo Hyang commanded , "Catch those guys right away," and the two quickly fled on horseback. Joo Hyang was very angry at Haram escaping . He said, "I was fooled . Scholar Ha  must have been hiding the real token ( the ring) ," he asked.

Mi-su (Chae Gook-hee) , the lady shaman said, "Even if you have the token, you cannot fully possess the power of the Demon King. Intrinsically, great power makes people drunk and greedy. Only people with divine power like us can use the power of the token. If you don't control it, it will quickly be eroded by its power."  She continued, "We have to hold another sealing ceremony before Scholar Ha is completely encroached on by the Demon King."

"There was something strange about this sealing ceremony," said Wolseon (palace official Shaman) . "There was something missing in sealing the Demon King." “Maybe there must be something other than the spirituality of Eo-yong (the painting) ,”  Yang Myung ordered, "Find out quickly." Wolseon said, "I lost all my powers because I was attacked by the Demon King at this sealing ceremony."

Joo Hyang came to Yang Myeong and threatened Wolseon , "I will spare your life because of the relationship between us brothers, so go far away and spend the rest of your life." However, thanks to the help of Yangmyeong in advance, he was able to secretly return to the city.

Spoiler

image_readtop_2021_991382_16346527364820

Hong Chun-ki asked Haram, "Why are the spiritual words just torn?" To this, Haram said, "It would have worked out better. Do you think you will do the sealing ceremony again even after going through all the hardships? Hong Chun-ki said, "Then is there any other way? If you don't seal the demon king, what will happen to you next?"

"Heaven will not forsake us so easily," Haram said. Hong Cheon-ki said, "Many people have already died because of the Demon King. The Demon King must be sealed again. I will somehow complete the Eoyong again. When the sealing ceremony is held, please help me seal the Demon King into the Eoyong." But Haram was angry, saying, "No one can change my mind right now."

Hong Chun-ki learned that her father, Hong Eun-ho (played by Choi Kwang-il), was sent to prison because of him, and ran to the author. Hong Chun-ki met with Joo-hyang and lied, saying, "I don't know where Scholar Ha is. When I woke up, it was a mountain road." Joo Hyang ordered Hong Chun-ki to "draw the painting again."

Hong Chun-ki said, "If you release my father first, I will draw." Grand Prince Joo Hyang said, "Your painting is only a bait to lure the Demon King, so if your father draws him, I will release him." Hong Eun-ho shouted, "You must never draw it," even when a knife came into his throat. In the end, Hong Chun-ki begged, "I want to draw, so please save my father."

Mi-su (lady shaman)  came to Hong Cheon-ki and said to her, "I came to find out why the Demon King covets your eyes so much. Your eyes are not magic eyes. How can you have magic eyes?" She said, "If you delay, after a while, on the night when the red moon rises, Scholar Ha will be completely engulfed by the Demon King."

Hong Eun-ho was killed by Joohyang. Fortunately, Haram rescued Hong Cheon-gi, but after Hong Eun-oh was already poisoned. In the end, Hong Eun-oh died next to Hong Cheon-ki, and Hong Cheon-ki cried out. Before dying, Eun-ho  came to his senses and left his last will, saying, "You should never draw eoyong (the king's portrait) . You've suffered a lot. You have to survive without your father." Haram decided, "I will make up to you for all the things that Nangja (Cheong Gi )  has suffered."

Meanwhile, Prince Joo Hyang ordered all the members of the Painters Society to be gathered and executed. Upon hearing the news, Hong Chun-ki was confused, and Haram said, “I will definitely save them. I promise you. It will be hard, but please wait a little bit.”

Haram hugged Hong Cheon-gi and said, "I know that feeling. I also lost my father and mother and the people who are truly precious to me. I don't want to lose anyone again. I promise that I will surely save you. So you have to be here. If you go now, you don't know what will happen," he said.

Meanwhile, Seong-jo (Jo Seong-ha), who had fallen, came back to life and faced Haram. Haram asked, "Are you really your Highness?", and Seongjo answered, "Yes."

image_readmed_2021_991382_16346527374820

Source

• Like 3

When the royal portrait was completed  in ep 13, I noticed immediately the painter helping grabbed his head in shock.  Immediately I think he may have become possible possessed. there was so much talk about CK going insane,  it had me on edge of my seat.  

now that the painting is destroyed I guess she has to repaint it again

Just noticed recaps from @abs-oluteM

thanks,  

Edited by Mizv
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh nooooo I like HR's bodyguard ....

He died?? I haven’t watched the episode. But whyyyy....? HR needs a trusted person around him and this guy is his only help. Anyway, I keep forgetting to talk about their relationship. Was it mentioned what is the reason for his dedication and loyalty to HR? 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Just now, ktcjdrama said:

He died?? I haven’t watched the episode. But whyyyy....? HR needs a trusted person around him and this guy is his only help. Anyway, I keep forgetting to talk about their relationship. Was it mentioned what is the reason for his dedication and loyalty to HR? 

I am not sure....but it seems like it. It was so late when I read the recaps on Naver & saw the twitter post

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Why is her portable fan so big? 🤣

Because it's super hot? :laugh:

But seriously, I've been wanting to get something like that! You can put it on the desk, or the floor. It has the telescopic stand, and foldable too, make it sooo easy to bring everywhere.

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes, he died. For all the plot about Ilwoseong being very intelligent, it's not showing in this episode. Cheon Gi is also too impulsive - she reacts without thinking.

Prince Juhyang captured everyone from the Baekyu Painters Society including Cheon Gi's father. Then he paraded CG's father in the marketplace to lure her.

If you remember, Ha Ram had 2 people supporting him in his plot against the palace - his assistant (who died) and another woman, to whom he delivered the letter when is was imprisoned by Prince Yangmyeong. After the failed sealing ceremony, HR and CG escaped to a location this woman was at. The minute the woman saw CG, she was already not happy. Whether she is jealous or just doesn't want CG to mess up their plans, I don't know. But she intentionally told CG about her father being paraded, and of course CG would rush to her father. So she was caught.

Then HR went to rescue her. He was conned 🙄 into thinking Prince JH was not in and was surrounded by the guards. His assistant told the other fighters (not many, only about 3) to escort HR, CG and her father away while he will hold the fort. Of course, he died. Prince JH shot an arrow into CG's father, so he died too. So now CG is on a crying binge 🙄

Suddenly, the divine ring that HR was wearing manifested. A spirit in the image of the old man in the prison floated to the King. He was revived! So I guess that is how Prince JH will be brought down, as seen from the preview. But who is the old man and how is he related to the ring, I don't know. It seems there are many things I don't know 😂

So now Prince JH is threatening to execute everyone from Baekyu PS to lure CG again. Again she is rushing out to save them 🙄 Many irritating points in this episode for me.

Agree with @mademoiselle and @ktcjdrama that there are some parts of the plot/writing is unsatisfactory/under-developed . CG has also gone from a spunky girl to one who cries all the time now. The best part of this episode is when she called HR out - because it is true. He does not have a plan.

VkG466G.jpg

Spoiler

bjTlofu.jpg

c8nvOQt.jpg

skBAuW5.jpg

Prince Yangmyeong is the only one who shows some intelligence. He knew his brother would get rid of him after the sealing ceremony. So he changed the guards in advance, and managed to escape from being sent to exile.

I'm glad the drama is ending next week 😂

Edited by Chocolate
  • Clapping Hands 2
17 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I will try to answer this by saying Ma Wang is trapped in Ha Ram’s body because of the butterfly thingy? As for the strangling, wasn’t it Ha Ram trying to kill those people via Ma Wang? But then again, he said he couldn’t control his body. Tbh, a lot of things made me confuse. Like, Prince JuHyang wanted Ma Wang to be inside of him, but hello, does he ever think about or know how to control Ma Wang? This is the demon we’re talking here. You should be selling your soul to him as his slave instead of making him your servant at your command...?? Ma Wang literally means King of the Demon(s), but a human being can control it without striking some kind of deal?

The butterfly thing is not foolproof. Twice, we have seen Ma Wang manifest (once in the forest and once when he tried to strangle CG) and Samshin had to re-do the butterfly thing.

What we've seen so far is that when Ma Wang manifests, HR seems to be aware when it is happening but he can't do anything about it. And he does not remember anything about it after the event.

So for the old King, how did he become aware that he was possessed by the Demon? Did someone tell him and he believed? He must also have some periods of lucidity to be able to plot to seal the demon.

Perhaps Prince JH thinks it will be the same for him - that he will not totally lose control of his self. Actually, he doesn't even need Ma Wang - he just needs to kill his father and siblings. These 2 episodes show he is able to control the court with his supporters while the King is ill. 

17 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Talking about the eyes, have CG and HaRam not heard the “my eyes, my eyes” yet? They were not always unconscious when that happened, or maybe fear gripped them too much to register anything else...

Haha, good question. That's why, I've always felt that the writing of Ha Ram's character is not very attractive. He is purported to be extremely intelligent but nothing in the drama shows this. By now, both HR and CG should have figured out what happened during the rain festival and that HR's eyes went to CG.

The bad news is that Mi Soo, the Shaman for Prince JH, now knows that CG has the Demon's eyes. Wonder how she will make use of this information.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1