Hong Cheon Gi / Red Sky 홍천기 [2021]

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

Hey peeps! I am thinking of whether I should give this drama a try.... is it good? :pandablank:

Yes. I love it. I think you will like it too. It is romance fantasy and so far it has been well done. 

------------

OST 3 ...This MV has plenty of OTP moments. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Finally tomorrow we will have new episodes!

Naver article on what to expect in the upcoming episodes.

BF.27591605.1.jpg

In episodes 7-8, the prelude to the Eoyong Restoration Project, which seals the devil, is expected to unfold with more interesting developments as each character approaches events related to the devil.

First, Hong Cheon-gi, who had won  at the Maejukheon Painting Competition, is in danger because of her father who was disrespectful to Prince Joo Hyang. However, the royal family needs the divine painter for  for the Eoyong Restoration Project to seal the demon. 

Haram, who unexpectedly hears his father's name at Maejukheon, proceeds step-by-step to avenge the royal family who killed his father. At the same time, a series of events related to the Demon King Sealing Ceremony and the Eoyong Restoration Project are questioned. Attention is also paid to what facts Haram will learn in the process, how Haram's tender heart will be to able push her away in this case. 

Prince  Yangmyeong (Gongmyeong) is the one who organised the competition  and found the divine painter Hongcheongi. He will work  with Hongcheongi to start the Eoyong restoration project in the name of the king. The person who is keeping an eye on these movements of Yangmyeong is Prince Joo Hyang. He has been looking for the demon king who disappeared 19 years ago, and  will start  to  pay close attention to HongCG  since he heard her father talk about the demon at the competition. 

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202109261308280010

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Kim Yoo Jung Has Two Unexpected Meetings With Gong Myung and Moon Sook In “Lovers Of The Red Sky”

Sep 26, 2021 by C. Hong

SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky” shared new stills of Kim Yoo Jung ahead of the upcoming episode.

Based on a novel, “Lovers of the Red Sky” is a historical fantasy romance drama starring Kim Yoo Jung as Hong Chun Gi, the Joseon Dynasty’s only female painter, who was born blind but miraculously regains her vision, and Ahn Hyo Seop as the blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight.

Spoilers

In the first set of stills, Hong Chun Gi has an unexpected reunion with Grandmother Samshin (Moon Sook), the god who linked Hong Chun Gi and Ha Ram’s fates together. She was the one who saved the blind Hong Chun Gi as a child from death and the one who temporarily sealed Ma Wang, the god of death, inside Ha Ram’s body. Every time Grandmother Samshin appears, fantastic things happen around Hong Chun Gi and Ha Ram, and the red thread that binds their fates together grows even stronger.

In episode 7, Hong Chun Gi and Grandmother Samshin will meet again as Hong Chun Gi is on her way somewhere with a painting. Hong Chun Gi looks shocked to see her, while Grandmother Samshin appears playful and tries to get her to show her the painting, despite the young woman’s resistance. Hong Chun Gi has cottoned on to the fact that Grandmother Samshin’s words always mean more than they seem and that they can cause both exciting and frightening events.

The production staff stated, “There is a special reason that Grandmother Samshin is asking for Hong Chun Gi’s painting. More fantastic events will happen in the wake of Hong Chun Gi’s meeting with Grandmother Samshin. Please tune in to see what they are and what connection they have to Ha Ram.”

Spoiler

kim-yoo-jung-moon-sook-lovers-of-the-red

In another set of stills, Prince Yangmyeong (Gong Myung) sneaks out at night to visit Hong Chun Gi at her house. Although Hong Chun Gi looks serious at first, wondering what he could have to say to her at this time and place, but their conversation soon relaxes into something less formal. Prince Yangmyeong is drawn to Hong Chun Gi and her paintings, especially after realizing that she’s the artist he’s searching for to seal the gods inside a painting by the king’s royal order.

The production staff stated, “Viewers will be able to see Prince Yangmyeong’s soft side for Hong Chun Gi. Likewise, Hong Chun Gi will learn more about her father through Prince Yangmyeong’s information.”

kim-yoo-jung-gong-myung-lovers-of-the-re

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I didn't have time to watch live but I managed to skim through the last 15 mins on Viu,  and I was expecting HR to continue pushing her away . But I was so happy , he gave in to her feelings. I watch the last bits a few times :wow:

Preview

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Yes agree @Chocolate

That gesture he did (how do you describe what he did there? I must know!) was so cute.

Is there a name? Which gesture? There were so many sweet moments 🥰😂

3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

not too bad i say....

@Mouse The fact that @NiteWalker is watching a non-Cdrama says it all! It's good! Romance is sweet and the story flows very well.

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Lovers Of The Red Sky” Shares The Different Charms Of The Two Male Leads Ahn Hyo Seop And Gong Myung

Sep 27, 2021 by L. Kim

Get ready to choose between Ahn Hyo Seop or Gong Myung in “Lovers of the Red Sky”!

Based on a novel, “Lovers of the Red Sky” is a historical fantasy romance drama starring Kim Yoo Jung as Hong Chun Gi, the Joseon Dynasty’s only female painter, who was born blind but miraculously regains her vision, and Ahn Hyo Seop as the blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight.

“Lovers of the Red Sky” is drawing attention for the lead actors’ amazing chemistry and the creative storyline. At the center of the plot is the love triangle between Hong Chun Gi, Ha Ram, and Prince Yangmyeong (Gong Myung). The two men are very different, and here are some of their charms that might help viewers decide which one they’re rooting for:

Ha Ram, the sweet gentleman

Ha Ram lost his vision in the rain ritual after being offered as a human sacrifice for the gods to end the drought. Due to his red eyes, he is called a “water demon.” He vows to get revenge against those who is responsible for his father’s death. However, he has a soft spot for Hong Chun Gi, his first love from his childhood.

Ahn Hyo Seop is faithfully portraying Ha Ram’s kind and gentle nature as well as the deep scar that he is hiding in his heart. Ha Ram is a complete gentleman when it comes to Ha Ram, which Ahn Hyo Seop portrays with his warm smile and soothing voice. However, the actor also makes the romance between Ha Ram and Hong Chun Gi more affectionate with his sad eyes and expressions. It isn’t easy to portray Ha Ram’s complicated narrative, but Ahn Hyo Seop’s delicate acting is making Ha Ram more attractive.

Spoiler

ahn-hyo-seop-23.jpgahn-hyo-seop-11.jpg

Prince Yangmyeong, the romantic prince

Unlike the calm and soft Ha Ram, Prince Yangmyeong is bright and free-spirited. However, he, is secretly hiding a deep and profound loneliness of which no one knows. He may seem carefree, but he truly loves art, and he has a strong will that remains unyielding in front of his the cruel and ambitious brother Prince Joohyang (Kwak Si Yang). As a devoted patron of the arts, Prince Yangmyeong has never given his heart to anything other than art – until he falls for Hong Chun Gi, who captivates him with her artistic talent and bold charms.

The viewers are impressed by the actor’s ability to show how different Prince Yangmyeong is when he’s serious, like when he’s giving advice to Hong Chung Gi, and when he’s down-to-earth, like when he childishly teases her. Prince Yangmyeong is also quick to admit his wrongs and slow to hold grudges. Previously, he gave a failing mark to Hong Chun Gi during the art contest, but when an unexpected vote let her move into the next round and eventually win, he wholeheartedly acknowledged her skills. It will be intriguing to see how he will change once he completely falls in love with her.

Spoiler

gong-myung-21.jpggong-myung-11.jpg

The love triangle between Hong Chun Gi, Ha Ram, and Prince Yangmyeong is expected to blossom this week. Tune in to the next episode to see how the two very different men will capture her heart.

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
4 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

@mademoiselle Hahaha, because she kept bending to thank him, he couldn't see her face. So he bent too to peek up at her. I must say, this is the first time I've seen this action in any drama/movie 😍

Hmm, so it's bending too? But if you were to write this action in words only (like in a novel), how would you describe it?

LOL, uh-oh, is someone developing an SLS?!! I have only seen cut but yes, agree it was cute. I wonder if @Alice Wonderland who determines she'll not have SLS think it's cute too :lenny:

EDIT: You know, it's not so cute anymore when I think that with his royal status, he would already have a wife or wives so he shouldn't be showing interest in Cheon Ki. :pandadisgusted:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hmm, so it's bending too? But if you were to write this action in words only (like in a novel), how would you describe it?

LOL, uh-oh, is someone developing an SLS?!! I have only seen cut but yes, agree it was cute.

Go watch! I can't describe it - not enough writing skills.

Haha, no SLS, but I do think this one is even better than HTCCC hehe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
36 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Go watch! I can't describe it - not enough writing skills.

Haha, no SLS, but I do think this one is even better than HTCCC hehe.

Aish. Ottokae. I wanna know how to describe it (improve my own writing skills)! @abs-oluteM What about you? Do you know?

What is better than HTCCC? Yang Myung's character or the story of this show?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

What is better than HTCCC? Yang Myung's character or the story of this show?

Everything!!!

44 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

EDIT: You know, it's not so cute anymore when I think that with his royal status, he would already have a wife or wives so he shouldn't be showing interest in Cheon Ki. 

Er no, it's not mentioned so we shall assume he is single. He is the third son so maybe there is no pressure for him to marry early.

2 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

en en...i want her to make more appearance and take over the guardian job lols....

The tiger fairy said earlier that she was guardian of the area from the palace up to a certain border. Does that mean she cannot appear in the palace/town area and that's why Samshin put a spell in the painting to let her in to protect Ha Ram?

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 3