Hello? It's Me! / 안녕? 나야! [2021]

LaLa

407px-Hello_Me.jpg

Hello? It's Me!

Drama Introduction (KBS drama homepage)
To the 37 years old protagonist who has become unenthusiastic in all relationships, work and dreams; the 17 years old side of her, who wasn't afraid of anything in the world and was so passionate in everything, has come. A fantasy romentic comedy drama that brings comfort to me

Synopsis (dramawiki)
Ban Ha Ni is a single woman in her mid-30s who feels like her life is adrift and going nowhere. She's single not by choice, but by sheer lack of interest from the opposite sex. She's a temp worker so her employment status is precarious. Even her own family doesn't seem to care about what's happening in her life. Then she finds reassurance and encouragement from an unexpected source... her 17-year-old self suddenly visits her. Her younger self reminds her of the passion she once had for her dreams and is pushed to continue challenging herself and grow.

Drama Profile (Asianwiki)
Drama: Hello, Me! (English title) / Hello? It's Me! (literal title)
Revised romanization: Annyeong? Naya!
Hangul: 안녕? 나야!
Director: Lee Hyun-Seok (Born Again, Liver or Die)
Writer: Kim Hye-Jung (novel), Yoo Song-Yi
Network: KBS2
Episodes: 16
Release Date: February 17 - April 8, 2021
Runtime: Weds. & Thurs. 21:30
Notes: Based on the 2011 novel Fantastic Girl by Kim Hye-jung.

It premiered on KBS2 on February 17, 2021 and available for worldwide streaming on Netflix.

• Like 1
  • Party! 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Casts

Main Cast
Choi Kang Hee as Ban Ha Ni (37)
Lee Re as teen Ha Ni (17)
Kim Young Kwang as Han Yoo Hyun (30)
Eum Moon Suk as Anthony / Yang Chun Shik (37)

Ha Ni's family
Kim Byung Choon as Ban Ki Tae (Ha Ni's father) cameo
Yoon Bok In as Ji Ok Jung (Ha Ni's mother)
Kim Yong Rim as Lee Hong Nyun (Ki Tae's mother / Ha Ni's grandmother)
Jung Yi Rang as Ban Ha Young (Ha Ni's older sister)
Moon Sung Hyun as Chae Jung Woo (Ha Young's son)

Yoo Hyun's family
Kim Yoo Mi as Oh Ji Eun
Ji Seung Hyun as Yang Do Yoon
Yoon Joo Sang as Han Ji Man
Baek Hyun Joo as Han Ji Sook

Joa Confectionery
Choi Tae Hwan as Cha Seung Suk
Kim Mi Hwa (김미화) as Kang Geum Ja
Kim Do Yun as Cha Mi Ja
Shin Moon Sung (신문성) as Ko Jung Do
Go Na Eun as Bang Ok Joo
Kim Gi Ri as Kim Yong Hwa

Anthony's Agency / The Point Entertainment

Choi Dae Chul as Park Jung Man
Kang Tae Joo (강태주) as Min Kyung Shik

People from year 2000
Kim Sang Woo as Yang Choon Shik
Lee Seo Yun as Oh Ji Eun
Moon Sung Hyun (문성현) as Chae Chi Soo
Song Ji Hyun (송지현) as Ban Ha Young
Choi Seung Hoon as Han Yoo Hyun

Others
Park Chul Min as Na Young Kyoo
Jung Dae Ro (정대로) as Na Il Kyoo
Jo Kyung Hoon as Jo Nam Kwon
Lee Kyu Hyun (이규현) as Master Jobs
Lee Chae Mi as Ko So Hye
Bae Jung Hwa

Trailers

Drama Promotion

Ratings

source : Nielsen Korea (average nationwide)

Episode 1: (3.8% | 4.9%)

Episode 2: (3.1% | 3.6%)

Episode 3: (3.2% | 5.1%)

Episode 4: (2.7% | 3.1%)

Episode 5: (3.4% | 3.9%)

Episode 6: (2.3% | 3.1%)

Episode 7: (3.0% | 3.9%)

Episode 8: (2.7% | 3.4%)

Episode 9: (2.8% | 3.7%)

Episode 10: (2.7% | 3.5%)

Episode 11: (2.6% | 3.9%)

Episode 12: (2.5% | 3.2%)

Episode 13: (2.7% | 3.7%)

Episode 14: (2.7% | 4.0%)

Episode 15: (3.3% | 4.2%)

Episode 16: (3.3% | 4.0%)

Average Rating for the whole episode: 3.4%

OSTs

Part 1. Weekly - Wake Up

Spoiler

Part 2. Lee Min Hyuk - Tonight

Spoiler

Part 3. Soya & Din Din - 3!4! (remake song of Roora)

Spoiler

Part 4. Huh Gak - Someday (At that time, at that place)

Spoiler

Part 5. Sondia - Cloudy Day

Spoiler

Part 6. So You - Don't Smile at Me

Spoiler

Part 7. Floody - That's Life

Spoiler

Part 8. Oceanfromtheblue - I Hoped I Won't Become a Burdened

Spoiler

Edited by LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

I watched ep 1 & 2 already @LaLa

It's a drama filler gap for me, while waiting for those 4 dramas that I followed out. 

The opening really funny, with the squid meeting pervert with French trenchcoat guy in prison 😆

Actually the 17 y.o story not that interesting for me. I'm a bit dozed off with the school portion. 

But the meeting of young & old also a bit funny especially when they're scared they will be put under X-Files experience lols. I think if I have time, I will continue watching this. 

@JenLyou're watching this? 

Spoiler

@LaLaI tried to earn you more customer here :laugh:

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Thanks @LaLa for opening this

Truth is I was very hesitant with starting the drama . I love KYK loads , and watch most of his dramas. But I wasn't particularly enticed by the synopsis and the teasers.

However, during a long break last week I gave the 1st two episodes a try and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The humor is quite slapstick  but somehow it works with the whole crazy premise.

Someone post the squid dance please ! :lol:

Yes, I used crazy because that is what it actually is , and the FL thinks so too . Hani  a loser at 37 meets her obnoxious 17 year old self. Whether this is all in her head , or it really is the younger self that travels to the present , it is clear that the underlying purpose is for the present Hani to turn her life around. The moment that connected both Hani's represented the most unhappy periods of their lives where they were contemplating suicide. I think 37 year old Hani could rediscover a lot more of the zeal that she used to have as a teen. She's gone from being completely unapologetic to a real pushover which is sad to see. Hopefully she finds a middle-ground there. 

I have to commend the actress playing the younger Hani. I can't remember if I have seen her before but they picked the right actress. She's got this sass to her. The younger Hani can be really quite annoying but at least she stands up for herself.

As to my dearest oppa KYK - I know he likes picking up rom-com roles these days , and I know he does well in them . But his character here needs a big wake up call for sure , something his father is clearly trying to do. He's never earned a dime of his own, and  has no true understanding of the value of money. And lol how shameless of him to be parasiting on Hani who herself is struggling money wise too. And 2nd ML - Mr actor isn't a knight in shining armour as well and now facing a decrease in his popularity. Seems like he's never had much acting chops to begin with.

In summary most of the lead characters are clearly in need of a lot of character development . Looking forward to see how that will come along.

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

8 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLyou're watching this? 

I'm still deciding whether I want to watch this one...:thinking: On the one hand I'm curious about the squid costume and it looks funny! On the other hand, I'm taking a break from live watching several dramas at the one time...And I'm not sure if I want to live watch a KBS rom com since DDSSLLS got me with the ending of the last rom-"com" I watched :idk: 

Still, I might pick it up since I'm so use to having several dramas on the go...

Speaking of DDSSLLS, I heard the male lead is similar to Lala in the money department...:laugh:

ExOXt2r.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL drama has been an enjoyable watch so far. I was surprised myself.

-------------------------------

Eps 3 had some good  plot developments .  I think Hani17 is the only person  that can get Hani37  to rekindle some of that fire that she used to have. And I was glad that she decided that with nothing to lose, she should start taking charge of her own life  & be more assertive. She didn't bother to beg that pretentious manager back for her job (I was just waiting for the moment a call would interrupt those fake calls he makes ! LOL! )  While Hani17 can be obnoxious at times, you can tell she had a lot of courage. She lost it all when her dad died in trying to save her.

Actually the story already gave a hint to to when Hani17 can return  . It is when Hani30 can finally create a happy future. For dramas like this ( Go Back Couple, 18 Again etc) . The mechanics on how  such a phenomenon can take place isn't relevant. It is the intended outcome  - an opportunity for a second chance in life , that sort of thing that matters most. 

Surprised ( but not at the same time given this is such a beloved trope)  that Hani17 and Yu Hyeun had met in childhood. She was the noona who saved him from being bullied by Anthony . She definitely made an impact on him, and he now knows who she is. Wait till she realises who he is :laugh:. Talking about YH, to his credit he paid Hani back her money plus 10x interest without her nagging, sold off his stuff to pay for his accomodation and surprise, surprise goes to work at the cafeteria ! Lol . There's hope yet for his character. 

The romance in  this drama is not important to me . For me the best part of the drama is really the interactions between the Hani17 and Hani37.

Many poignant reminders 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

I enjoy episode 3 and 4. There's not much to discuss at this point. I just find it an easy watch and most of all I'm not bored. I really like watching both Choi Kang Hee and Lee Re dance. Choi Kang Hee actually has a good rhythmatic move than Lee Re. If that's what the description is. I guess now that Hani found a job, we'll no longer see the dance duet.

As for Kim Young Kwang, he seems more like a second lead at the moment, LOL. I hope to see more of him from next week onwards now that he's neighbour with the girls... I honestly thought he was going to be thick-faced and share a house with them or something.

Agree with you Abs that only Hani17 can motivate Hani37 to change. This is most likely because she's so immersed in regrets, pain and self-blame all these years that she lost her old self and couldn't pick herself up until now. Hani17 was sent her to help her get over it.

Do you think when Hani17 went back, it might change the past and that her dad might not die or it'll still lead to the same outcome?

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
27 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Do you think when Hani17 went back, it might change the past and that her dad might not die or it'll still lead to the same outcome?

I don't think they will change the outcome. The death of her father was indirectly caused by her and I suspect things went downhill from then. I suspect the message of the show is about how you handle the tragedies & disappointments that come your way. If her father remains alive , it will alter a lot of history and BaNi 17 will never learn. While I love her fearlessness at times ( loved the bit she got the money from the sister ) , she's also a little too arrogant for her own good.

I am enjoying this show and actually choose to watch this first over Sisyphus :laugh:. I agree it is an easy watch. KYK does feel like a supporting character at this point. I was laughing hard at the scene where Mr Diva Actor and him competed to buy that fur coat ( hmmm doesn't look nice if you ask me ..ahahahah) . Wait till Anthony realises that Yoo Hyun is the boy he used to bully and is a chaebol heir. Yoo Hyun is not all that useless after all. His kitchen /knife skills was good . I just think his dad didn't have time to guide him growing up. Dad likely too busy building his company and tried to make up the time giving YH what he wants. YH could very well start his own food business - what he needs is motivation.

So do you think the YH's aunt has any bad intentions? 

@LaLa @SilverMoonTea you guys caught this week's episode yet?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/27/2021 at 11:59 AM, abs-oluteM said:

@LaLa @SilverMoonTea you guys caught this week's episode yet?

I just finished catching up with the latest episodes. I'll keep watching this drama I guess. It's pretty light and quite fun. Agree than Hani37 probably blame herself a lot when her father died and that accident changed her and her family dynamic forever. Well maybe not with her sister, they just keep bickering with each other but Hani37 definite chose to close her eyes and just accept her fate, rather than fight for it. 

I think Chariman Han does only have several months or days left ? His vision started to blur when he looks at YH and when he request YH to stay and work in company's cafeteria, he said quietly that at least he can see his son's face for 100 days straight. He wants to teach something for YH before he left the world for good. Wonder if we have to say goodbye to Chairman Han or not. Please don't tell me that's the only way for YH to wake up. :letalQQ:

YH's aunt does looks suspicious for ordering the someone to tail YH. I wonder what she wants. Her son does not look as a power hungry nephew who wants to take over the company... Or maybe he does? :psweatduck:

On 2/27/2021 at 11:14 AM, mademoiselle said:

I think the accident will still happen that her dad got hit by the truck of doom. The different possible outcome is that her dad might be alive instead of died that day. But we still have to see. Hani17 will definite figure out about what happened that day to Hani37. She's quite smart and can notice the change in Hani37's relationship with their mother and grandmother.

I wonder why people didn't ask Hani17 to go to school? In other drama, people will question a girl like her for roaming around in the street instead of going school :laugh:

I won't say that I knew many kpop songs in 90s era, but several songs that have been used so far, I knew most of it. Never knew the lyrics of Eternal Love by Fin.K.L will sound different when they sing it in a more ballad or acapella version. I'm so used listen to the more upbeat version of the song. For anyone who is curious to the original song, this is the 2019 version.

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Hi hi.. just done the four episodes. I am watching too many shows and just noticed oppa's new drama has started airing for weeks. 

Okay, short review. I love the thematic storyline like this. Last time I really enjoyed 18 Again, and this one has the same vibe I think, getting second chance to fix your messed up life. But here is much special, cuz the return of 17 year old BHN to her 37 years old self will lead her back to manage her life better. There is always a good saying on this, the one who really understand you and can save you is you, yourself. Meaning that no one can change your life when you didnt take any steps to do so. I love the message they're trying to convey here. 

I believe that this whole years after her father's death, that caused a great trauma and guilt on her. That must be the reason why she stops pursuing her dreams and live a messed life like now. I guess she will get the reason in time when the rain they're expecting is coming. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle @LaLa @Alice Wonderland @SilverMoonTea...every one gets to be a squid!!

ahahah looks like Anthony has no choice but to do the snack ad. 

105700429.1.jpg

Many expressions of oppa here

https://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202103030324&t=NN

2021030315165108795d3244b4fed18217218612

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hahaha, anthony has to do so, he has no other option. I wonder how he would react if he knows that BHI is his crush back then. Now the three are reuniting at Joa's food. 

I like the song and dance as well, lols. So catchy. 

And I noticed Anthony is the same star who acts as male lead best friend in Saetbyul's convenient stores. Lols. He looks brighter here. I almost can't recognize him. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Alice Wonderland

Yes I noticed Anthony is the same actor who played the controversial role in Backstreet Rookie. I appreciated that he look normal here, lol, and did not exaggerate his character/acting.

I've watched the newest episode, is it 5? - I don't remember which episode I'm on. Netflix remembers it for me so I didn't bother. LOL.

I had liked Hani17 a lot (more like the actress who plays her) but she tested my patience too this time, for not sitting put as Hani37 had asked and gets in all sort of trouble. Hani37 needs to prove herself at work and now she's distracted by Hani17. I don't want her to screw up...! Hopefully this is a set up for Yoo Hyun to step in and they solve the company's issue together and in turn helps Yoo Hyun find passion in working.

I'm starting to like Han Yoo Hyun a little bit more although I don't think it is a breakthrough role for KYK (yet again). His character is really cute - enjoyed his interaction with the auntie's spy, LOLLLL. I think he has this nature about him that people just cannot dislike him and will grow fond of him.

And I'm starting to think he's a genius. He literally tasted the ttekbokki sauce once and was able to recreate the taste! He's good at everything he does but he has a short span of attention because it was no longer fun after he excels in those skills. However he now finds it fun because Hani is in the same company as him. In other words, he was bored at being good everything he does.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle I am also annoyed with Hani17 ...urgh...I am rooting for Hani37 to regain her confidence . It was clear that she's been living with the guilt of causing her father's death. I am sure her sister rubs it in her face all the time. It was sad the way Ji Eun looked at Hani thinking how pathetic Hani has become. The thing is it does irritate me when they overdo the sad clumsy female trope. 

I am also amazed at Yoo Hyun's talent. So he may really have found his calling. I believe he really does have many skills and abilities but lacks the motivation to work or have a career since there was never a need to. I find his interactions with his dad quite hilarious. Anyway I just love how adorable KYK is ...by the way this is the second drama that utilises his cooking skills. I remember in Sweet Stranger and Me , he learned to make dumplings as he also opened a restaurant there. 

• Like 2

@mademoiselle I am amazed at how they made him so dark with that weird style for that character befire. As you mentioned, he looks normal here, he's quite cute if he didnt act frantic. Lols

I havent watched ep 5 yet. I'm watching multiple ongoing dramas, so I take turn to wat them. I think I will watch it later. 

It's cute how you code the two with 17 and 37  haha. She does put her into so many troubles too before but at least it trigers BHN37 to start seeing into herself and noticed that he needs some self care, to reconciliate with herself, to forgive herself and move on, start a new leaf. 

HYH will turn into a more mature son, and there with his new job in the cafetaria, he might learn more about hard work and all. He's nice and I like his cheeky smiles. Lols.

I think his dad is having a terminal illness or something serious is going on with him. His vision seems blurry last time he spots him at the front company building. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Eps 6

I am happy to see that things are finally looking up for Bani37.  Perhaps it was by a stroke of luck that Bani became an accidental hero in saving the drowning guy using the new snacks. But I do think it's really because she's slowly taking charge , being proactive with things and starting believe in herself again. Ji Eun is right - Bani's star is beginning to shine. 

Ji-Eun was supposed to be Bani's bestie in school but I think even before the fall out , Ji Eun did struggle with feeling inferior against Bani. So even now, she does feel threatened  seeing Bani. She was somewhat not too pleased that Bani's misfortunes ended up to work in Bani's favour.  She really need not envy Bani though given how successful and good at her job she's become. She seems well-respected by her staff and trusted by the Chairman . She also seems to have a happy marriage though her MIL is rather scary. Bani would have wished her life to have come this far. 

Talking about her MIL , I don't know if she's got bad intentions or not. However the vibe so far is not particularly positive. She keeps tabs on her Chairman brother & YH. Does she have intentions of wanting to take over the company? 

I still want more scenes of YH. What is he capable of ? He's been pretty sweet to Bani , and of course the romance is slowly taking off. I don't know what I really feel about the romance, but considering the genre, I suppose it is a given. And of course once Anthony realises who Bani37 really is , there will be some sort of love triangle. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 11:41 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I remember in Sweet Stranger and Me , he learned to make dumplings as he also opened a restaurant there.

He should come learn from me & family! LMAO!

On 3/4/2021 at 11:44 PM, Alice Wonderland said:

It's cute how you code the two with 17 and 37  haha

Hahaha, I followed @abs-oluteM. But I think @abs-oluteM got confused now and went from Hani to Bani. :laugh:

---

Episode 6

I don't have much to input for episode 6 except I was face-palming at Hani37 screwing up once more. I mean, by luck she got away with it but still, is there absolutely no other way to save someone without it because logically, the time she used to make that lifebuoy the person would have drown already. If Yoo Hyun could swim to save Hani, it means he could have saved that guy!

I don't understand why Hani37 doesn't just make up with Ji Eun. She knows she said something harsh back then. She could have apologised. Ji Eun obviously admires Hani17 and wishes to be like her. There's that part of her that also resent and felt inferior. I understand why she's wasn't so welcoming because she's a different person now and she doesn't want her past to influence her status/image now.

There's still very little scenes of Yoo Hyun, isn't it? Sighhh... but same as you @abs-oluteM, he's sweet to Hani37. I love that he burst out "Why can't I like her?" and tried to cover up :laugh: I want to see more co-habitation and/or interaction between him and both Hani to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
21 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

There's still very little scenes of Yoo Hyun, isn't it? Sighhh... but same as you @abs-oluteM, he's sweet to Hani37. I love that he burst out "Why can't I like her?" and tried to cover up :laugh: I want to see more co-habitation and/or interaction between him and both Hani to be honest.

Oh... I love this too!! He's so sweet. 

Lols. Yea. It's all a set up to make her look better in the story. But even it's so cliche, I like it. It's funny when those audience comments on how lovable those two while eating their snacks. Lols

For 5 to 6 eps, my most fave is the morning dance at Joa's Company. I like the dance and go along with it too. Hahaa

• Like 1
  • Haha 1