Hometown ChaChaCha 갯마을 차차차 [2021]

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:I think, from the preview, my guess is she wants to properly talk to Sunbae and let him know first out of respect and consideration (of his confession) before letting the whole village know and him learning it from the villagers.

I suppose in a small community like that, it's necessary. Less hurtful. 

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

tvN very sneaky. Put different scenes in both previews now. The angst is coming!!!

They better not do what they did with MMH. Or I will truly have to stop watching rom-coms. :shocked2:

This was hilarious ...the toe-curling agyeo ended quite violently

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I just finally catch up with HCCC up to ep 10 (not yet for last night episode). So close to drop this on ep. 8 because I feel it much of fillers. But again there are some moments, tidbits that make I like this drama. And I love Shin Minah's acting here sm.

The sentimental moment in Ep. 9-10 is hard to watch somehow bcs the topic. It is really good.

On 9/21/2021 at 11:54 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

One of the advantages of having Seong-hyeong around is that he brings out another side to her. The friendly, happy side. I am grateful that he exists because he brings out the best in her without having to boss her around, nag her or entrap her. Because he knows her from way back and he's naturally a good-natured human being, he's not on the offensive. Du-sik pushes all her buttons and rubs her up the wrong way whereas Seong-hyeong remembers that she's hardworking, had a hard time balancing work and study, has a herniated disc due to an accident. She responds enthusiastically to his obvious thoughtfulness and kindness.  This is the side that Du-sik didn't see in her because his way of showing care and friendliness is about sarcasm, bossiness and being prickly. She's a simple straightforward person and this kind of approach doesn't work with her. She doesn't do subtext that well. It's good for Du-sik to see that how Seong-hyeong treats her makes her happy and happy enough that she wants to do good on her own account without someone trying to badger them into it. I like the fact that Seong-hyeong knows her and respects her agency which is what's been missing for so long. 

When I watched Hwa-jeong talking to Hye-jin and explaining everything, the thing that struck me was... why can't everyone else do this all the time? What's so hard about this? Is it just easier for people to live with the comfort of their prejudices without engagement?

I love this a lot.

Seonghyeong is that perfect character here lol he came like angel. He can positioning himself very well in every situation. I like him so much. Dusik rubbed me in his attitude to Hyejin's dad hahaha

On 9/26/2021 at 1:36 AM, abs-oluteM said:

One thing that always bugs me is this issue about how being an orphan makes one unworthy. This is the strangest sort of thinking I have come across. I know HJin's dad said it because he was being defensive but this is not the 1st kdrama that has lines like that. Are orphans to be blamed for their parents' death?

the sentence is very irrational to me (of what HJ's dad said), but it often times real. Not just in Kdrama, especially with above-average class people circle. It is really sickening.

Family flaws, magnet of unluck. Lol and sadly even orphan also thinks it is irrational, but it also creeps at the same time that maybe the magnet of unluckiness is real lol

but also I can understand that her Dad just want she will fully received love in the next fam. Because dad thinks she didn't receive normal amount of love?

But when it comes from complete family I just can not understand those kind of minds.

Anyway also there are people that really kind and even nicer to orphans. Love them. But it is kind of minority people that have open hand for deeper relationship in future~

btw in ep. 9-10 what bothers me much about the divorced couple (HJ-YG) is: the dad, can he talks about his child before starting new love around neighborhood? Why you rely so much on your child thinks mature about it? Pfffff.

On 9/26/2021 at 9:25 AM, JenL said:

As for being full of himself, I think it's more he puts up a confident attitude about himself to break the ice with others and just has a prickly/sarcastic style of humour. He also likes to teach people things, but that's because he realises knowledge comes easy to him and he's over eager to help people. Some people really warm to that personality type, while others feel repelled by it because they think it's bossy or one-upping (HJ's dad). I think the reason he doesn't want to start anything with HJ is because he believes that he will bring upon her unhappiness or worse. But also I think he's punishing himself from getting things he really wants because he believes he did something terrible in the past and doesn't deserve love. But I agree that HDS can be really petty about SH hanging with HJ...but then again, most male leads I've seen in dramas either become petty or do stupid noble idiocy acts when the SL strikes  :MewHi:

His traits are kind of explained in that book that he reads (Walden) in episode 2. The character in that book actually reflects HDS a lot that I wouldn't be surprised if the writer's modelled his character entirely on that character. The character in the book lives in a way values independence, self-reliance and minimalism in both money and relationships. In Walden: He believes in working minimally. Sometimes he comes off as selfish because he acts so self-reliant  (ie. he likes to help others, but not depend on them). He also moves to live close to a pond and the water apparently symbolises the purity and depths of human nature. This is a choppy explaination, but much of HDS's philosphies are more clearly explained by the books he picks up to read. :heiboi:

I like this 👍

On 9/27/2021 at 4:35 PM, mademoiselle said:

My favourite scenes from episode 10 are:

• when the villagers brought food for Doo Shik's grandpa's ritual *touch*. It's this kind of moment that Doo Shik isn't too lonely.
  • when Doo Shik and Hye Jin ate dinner together after paying respect to his grandpa. From the moment she removes the shell to her blurting out. Great acting from the both of them.

love this too hihihi the couple is cuteeee

On 10/1/2021 at 7:23 PM, gilaswan said:

AM FINALLY ALL CAUGHT UP!!!

WOOO you are hereeee lolols 👏

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

They better not do what they did with MMH. Or I will truly have to stop watching rom-coms. :shocked2:

true, if it strikes 2, Kdrama rom-com will be banned for a while lol it is traumatic reallyyy :laugh:

based on preview ep 11 seems lot of fun lolols I like how Hyejin covers with all the 'violence' :laugh: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Episode 11 is all about selling the OTP's cuteness LOL! It felt like the story move by an inch, and that's it. I'm at least thankful Hye Jin clear things out with Sunbae the very next day. Sunbae took it gentlemanly as well and I even felt a little sad for his heartbreak when his body broke down in protest of his suffering. I can see the show is setting him up with his assistant PD and I think they'll make a fine couple.

Poor poor poor Doo Shik being abused by Hye Jin, LOL! I'm more amused that he's not at all lost his temper for all this domestic violence. :lmao2: I fully expected him to be at least irritated by the 3rd time with the headbutting. I'm just glad that the villagers saved his life by making Hye Jin come clean with it at the end. Their relationship might end in less than a week if they continue hiding. Hahaha.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the cute because they are very cute, just as long as Hye Jin tone down the aegyo (the convenience store bit was too much).

Oh nearly forgot, another cute couple is in the making - Mi Sun and police boy also are cute. Hehe.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Imagine all those slap, kick and head butted DS got during their secret dating trope. I'm so glad that he is so patient with her and always listen to her opinion. This boyfriend doesn't exist in real life. If there's one, probably one in a million. 

Seriously, when a drama couple start dating, mostly they will go very boring to me. But I think only some actors that pretty in my eyes could ever do the exception. They're really hilarious. It feels quite cringy mixed with cheesy but I love it. I laughed and smile a lot like a fool. 

Our second couple is in progress, waiting for their timing. Wait, not just 2 couples, we got three and even four. Hahaha. And I enjoy all of their stories. 

At finale, they can have couples gathering at Gongjin community weekly meeting, I can imagine their happy talks over some beer and chicken. 

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

tvN very sneaky. Put different scenes in both previews now. The angst is coming!!!

So, looks like the menu is 2 episodes of lovey-dovey. Hahahaha

I'm all for it! I dont care anymore with the plot. :laugh:

Cant wait to see how their high school style date tonight, I cant believe that they even look good with the uniforms. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
2 hours ago, bairama said:

Seonghyeong is that perfect character here lol he came like angel. He can positioning himself very well in every situation. I like him so much. Dusik rubbed me in his attitude to Hyejin's dad hahaha

Du-sik's interactions with Hye-jin's dad really made me grumpy. Apparently Dad was set-up as the snob of the day and yet the person that made me cranky was Du-sik. Maybe it's how I was brought up but so little of those interactions rang true for me.

I just don't like the way the writer does Du-sik. No matter how charming Kim Seon-ho is, Du-sik comes across to me more like a plot device than a character with depth. It's obvious that the writer wants to depict Du-sik as some kind of eccentric happy influencer of people (like Anne of Green Gables or Pollyanna) but honestly the stuff that he spouts also rubs me up the wrong way. It's bad enough how he's crossed some lines with Hye-jin but with her dad as well? The messaging of this show is incoherent. Why would you try to change someone you barely even know? Where does that impulse come from? The trauma of having lost people in his life? For me at least his boorish attempts to spread cheer just doesn't sit right.

This is my problem with the premise of the show that we should somehow excuse bad manners because someone has a sad story. If that's not what the show is saying, then I'm really confused. In fact, 10 episodes later I'm not sure what it is that they both see in each other.

It feels to me too that Seong-hyeong is a much more realistic organic romantic partner for Hye-jin. Not only is he not weirdly eccentric but he's a genuinely relatable, likeable guy who really likes Hye-jin for who she is. He's not trying to change her because he likes her the way she is and brings out the best in her. It's a shame really. And the fact that they're using his colleague as a kind of Plan B makes me feel even more sorry for him. Consolation prizes belong in quizzes and competitions not in romance.

Right now the only romance that's doing anything for me is the one between the best friend and the straight arrow handsome cop. Even though it seems like an odd pairing at first and that Mi-seon was a bit of an airhead, I can see how that it's changing them both.

• Clapping Hands 4

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

This is the end of the road for me. Ep 11 made me cringe like h*ll and I had to switch channels mid way. I don't even know how to describe it but their acting all lovey dovey felt very unnatural. But so many are thrilled and smiling, I'm wondering if something is wrong with me lol...

I'll check in at the end to find out if Seong Hyeong and his assistant get together, what happened to Du Sik 5 years ago and why that couple divorced.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

This is my problem with the premise of the show that we should somehow excuse bad manners because someone has a sad story. If that's not what the show is saying, then I'm really confused. In fact, 10 episodes later I'm not sure what it is that they both see in each other.

acckkk yes I feel you. Just tell 'em if they had bad manners 🥲

and as for orphans (talk about Dusik), I think they know they are lacking in that section bcs no 'pilot', they more likely to open for learning from other?? But tbh I understand why he shuts like that with his own perspective etc but how people keeps tolerate it without another perspective I don't like it. Hyejin has good defense at start like she really has boundaries but then she becomes bland to me. Am I too black and white?

I feel there is thin line with empathy and exclusion with this drama, that gossipy ahjumma character for example. But how Hyejin's character handled her I like it

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Today is catch up day for me ....finally got round to watching eps 10 . I did really like the confession at the end especially because Hye Jin brought it up first and that Doo Shik instead of avoiding the matter gave in to his feelings and sealed it with a kiss. Then continuing with eps 11 , I laughed when she decided they would officially date two days later since she wanted to sort things out with SH. I confessed that I teared up for SH when they had that conversation. And I appreciate him being the bigger person for bowing out graciously and showing much consideration not only for Hye Jin, but for Doo Shik too . I don't have SLS but I do like him (SH)  and felt for him -  it was just a reminder that sometimes timing ( and opportunity ) plays such a big part in the choices we make & the paths that we take. I agree that both HyeJin and him would have made a lovely couple. 

I have no issues with the OTP's pairing even though I may be critical of how DS is written. I like their scenes together. Also watching  too many k-romcoms with love triangles have taught me the better written character does not always necessarily gets the girl. LOL. 

-------------------

Before I continue watching eps 11 ...thought this was funny. The actor playing the cop is in the same agency as Kim Woo Bin & Shin Min Ah...

and dum dum dum...KWB does watch HCCC.

Spoiler

Actor Kang Hyung-seok posted a picture of his daily life on his Instagram on the 1st. Kang Hyung-seok is currently playing the role of Choi Soon-kyung, a pure young man in tvN's 'Gae Village Cha-Cha-Cha'.

Kim Woo-bin cheered by posting a comment on the post saying, "Soon-kyung Choi is cool ♥♥♥". It seems that he showed affection by calling out his name for his role in 'Gae Village Cha-Cha-Cha'.

Below is Hyungseok Kang's Instagram
Below is Hyungseok Kang's Instagram

img_20211003171938_2a42aaed.webp

img_20211003171943_a1cbc1da.webp

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hye Jin tone down the aegyo (the convenience store bit was too much).

I think they like to make SMA do these things. Even in Tomorrow With You when she and LJH first got married, he too could not handle the agyeo, especially after she did this ...LOL!!

Spoiler

tumblr_olc2xnUcHl1vm0ue1o2_500.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Hahaha yeah, and also Oh My Venus.

Oh yes. Agyeo queen....

Bahaha I wonder how KWB feels seeing the kiss scenes of his partner. I know some actors/ actresses try not to watch and some are completely cool with it

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Bahaha I wonder how KWB feels seeing the kiss scenes of his partner. I know some actors/ actresses try not to watch and some are completely cool with it

Dunno but I have seen actresses went on KBS talk show (forgot the name) and mentioned their hubby (some are actors too) will walk away when kiss scene is about to come on...

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Ooo looks like that photo was his lover ??? @mademoiselle

I thought was his friend who died? 

I could be wrong, but I feel like this is a red herring. Often the trailers are cut in a way that doesn't tell the whole story necesarily? And because of this week's really obvious hint that he's had relationships before, don't know if they would make it so obvious? :thinking:

So I've been ok and enjoyed all the episodes so far, but felt like this one was a little over the top for me... I liked the beach bonfire scene, but I was like ugh, with the over the top displays of affection at the start? :SquirtlePuke::laugh: What I do like is clues to the mystery and at least one of the mysteries being solved - she overheard him telling the truth about how he felt which was not love. I always wondered how they could have married :poliWeird: Poor Hwa Jeong. How hurtful. He's a real jerk. More thoughts tomorrow!

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days