Hometown ChaChaCha 갯마을 차차차 [2021]

Episode 13

The "happy" episodes lasted longer than I've expected. And we're finally heading towards the angst. @abs-oluteM I think there will be a time jump (at least a year) coz it seems like a foreshadowing scene where we were informed Doo Shik made alcohol for Hye Jin (which she puts her name on) and it'll take a year to be ready. 

The aegyo has toned down tremendously in this episode, actually I don't think there is any. Their honeymoon period is officially over! This episode had more focus on the other Gongjin couples too. I was crying a little for Hwang Jeong and ex husband's story. I was feeling upset for Yoon Kyung when she broke down in frustration—her outbursts are pretty relatable and realistic for a woman who lost herself after becoming a mother, a wife and a pregnant lady. I enjoyed the bit between Ji PD and his assistant PD too.

Having baby at Hye Jin's house is the most unrealistic of this episode which FF through. I'd expect all the grandmas to be at the scene and someone boiling hot water etc.

The most infuriating scene of this episode had to be Hye Jin's classmates. Yumi's Cells happened to have exactly the same kind of scenario too this week. And even more infuriating is both drama's protagonists were desperate to prove to these judgmental airheads that they have a boyfriend. Are we to take that this is how SK's society works? Because these kind of unhealthy human beings aren't worthy to stay in contact with at all. Doo Shik was a good sport in going to golf with them but I really dislike Hye Jin listing out Doo Shik's credentials to appease to those ladies. As we can see, he wasn't comfortable about that and Hye Jin really doesn't need stamp of approval from these women.

With Hye Jin wanting to know everything about Doo Shik, it's understandable; however, does everyone need to tell their current partner everything about their pasts without keeping some things private to themselves? Doo Shik's trauma I do believe is some thing he must eventually share with Hye Jin and that in due time, he will. From preview of episode 14, it seems like someone is giving advice (to Hye Jin?) some things are difficult to say and drawing from this statement, I do (want to) believe it was just difficult for Doo Shik to talk about it, even though it's Hye Jin and maybe especially Hye Jin.

P.S. The scene before Doo Shik spouted out "I'm sorry", Kim Seon Ho's trembling lips and tears had me :wow:

FBUGuDuVIAI0E2O?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

FBUGuDtVkAU_znV?format=jpg&name=largeFBUGuDsVQAcpPGS?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 5

I actually liking the show for the villagers life, the side characters is so fun to watch. Finally found the reason for Hwajeong's divorce. The reason is not very surprising, but kind of felt sad for HJ. Also Mi Seon & the police, Ijun & Bora, and all those gossipy villagers are so lively. And it's nice that they don't forget about PDnim, I like the romance with the writer. He looks good with the glasses. 

The main couple story is not that strong, but thanks god those additional life surrounding them can make up for the lack of it. Having said that, I just slowly watch this, can't even promise I will complete it. Haha... 

Spoiler

@abs-oluteMep 13 is good, maybe cos KSH playing golf is 😋🔥

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Ahhh so the guy who died is DS's brother - not sure if it's blood ties or perhaps someone he came to call as his brother. Could it even be the cousin?

Not sure why hyung's wife blamed him though

Spoiler

Spoiler

Long time ago I had this feeling she liked the Hwa Jeong! Wahhh this drama tries to touch on all social issues eh?

Spoiler

This cute pair had their 1st kiss

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

From slice of life healing drama it has become super makjang or what @mademoiselle???

Oh man what is this? The sort of trauma he has is not easy to overcome and honestly is he in the best mental shape to be in a relationship? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

9 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

From slice of life healing drama it has become super makjang or what @mademoiselle???

Oh man what is this? The sort of trauma he has is not easy to overcome and honestly is he in the best mental shape to be in a relationship? 

I have no idea. I'm still blur as to how he caused that PD's father's paralysis. It looked like he was also hurt (in hospital patient's clothing too and was suicidal after that). I'm sure it wasn't intentional! And isn't "love" itself is a healing remedy for some people? Doo Shik does really want to get better, else he won't be seeing a psychiatrist or taking medicines. It also look like he was going to tell Hye Jin near the end of this episode but was interrupted by the PD.

P.S. The Hyung, Weibo said it was a friend from Uni, @abs-oluteM so not blood-related.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Sad 1

Wow, what a twist!

So as it turns out, Du-Sik lost his hyung.. an upper classman who treated him like a brother. Although unclear yet as to what led to his death, it looks like the wife blamed Du Sik. Also, what a surprise that Du Sik is connected to the director's dad! 

It looks like a number of unfortunate things befell all these people surrounding Du Sik and somehow he was blamed for them and he feels responsible. No wonder he's been holding on to all that guilt and feels he doesn't deserve Hye Jin.

Can't wait to find out what really happened.

As for Hwa-Jeong and Yong-Geuk, what a beautiful scene between them. I cried too! 

Can't say I'm surprised about the Cho Hui, I suspected as much right from the beginning. 

Eun Chul and Mi Seon are so cute together! 

• Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

Episode 14

I cried so much in this episode. First of what Hwang Jeong said to Hye Jin. And the tap water totally broke for Hwang Jeong's story. Now I get why you said it is makjang, @abs-oluteM LOL. I did not know the Hyungsu-nim is Ji PD's sister! I only saw the scene assistant PD punched Doo Shik, and seems to blame him for his father's misfortune. S***, it's like a double whammy here and Doo Shik doesn't know there is maybe one more to come...

However, I kind of think the Hyungsu-nim has forgiven Doo Shik. Otherwise she wouldn't have come to Gongjin and was curious to see whether it is what Doo Shik told her so. It was understandable that she was devastated at the funeral so she blamed Doo Shik and she probably regretted it now.

Have to say I'm enjoying Kim Seon Ho does angst. Hahahahaha. xD

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

done watching ep 14..

I appreciate this drama tried to inject social issues within the 'side' characters story in the magnet of dimple couple. Those bits that keep me continuing Homcha.

Eventho there are some offs, but also on like the pregnant mom's story: how woman x woman respect each other, how we often find man like her husband in society especially from older generation from me which is suffocating and the drama tries to fix that, also the latest pick up is Chohui backstory reveals for liking Hwajeong, something like that.

I still remember why I like this breeze of seaside drama. Moments like the tweet above.

The glasses couple tho, manifest this one cause I also like how the drama manages to not over-glorified first love thing. Lol 2nd lead could be not that depressing & still can shine. They learned something from the previous 2nd lead boom drama. Hahaha.

Pyo Miseon creeps up to my fave character in this drama, she looks so relaxed and Idk every time I see her, she is so comfortable? She is oozing comfort aura of relatable human. Not beautiful in that kind of way beautiful but she knows what look best on her. Reminds me of Gong Hyojin yes, my profile picture right now. I like her attitude from the start she was just starting live in Gongjin X) the actress also nailed her quirks.

After pff on ep 11-13 (some cringe moments for example, he even lied about how her cooking taste?? Lol, it is not good for your health, white lie that really not necessary), I quite like it the development of Sikhye.

I kind of understand now why Hyejin demanded that from him at first because silently, she is observing him, kind of curious (especially after all the Gongjins know there is something wrong with him) but keep it bottled up until that slice of moment made her unsure if she is that significant for Dusik thinks about the future of them.

At first she might be not that wise, but I'm glad in ep 14 she concluded something & it is a good way to push the story for Dusik's 'dark confession' actually. It will be really weird and uncomfortable if it is forced by the PD's dad reveals only. It is a way to trigger him. I'm in love-hate relationship how Gongjins will know all the surface of private matters between their people tho. Hahaha, but this one, I think our Sikhye gained much help of wise points from the Gongjins.

About Dusik might be not in best shape to start relationship, yeah I found it off at first, because the Dusik we know from viewers lenses he even didn't have courage to keep the life of hedgehog because of his trauma suddenly let's go for the moment with Hyejin. But to think of it, again, Gongjins raised him. He took much advices from them so he learned little by little and I can sympathize why he wanted to try the relationship even he couldn't open all of his deepest talk yet: he is on the way to the courage for finding his happiness that stolen big by what happened between 5 years.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Okay done ep 13-14. Finally got the time write a bit of my thoughts. I like that they take turn on some other stories while DS and HJ are on their temporary break. The angst doesn't feel too annoying to watch so I still enjoy the show like usual. I am glad how BR's mom reconciled with her inconsiderate husband, that baby is a gift, his present is enough to vanish their confrontations before. My mom said, real life married couple life is much harder than that, sometimes you need to lose a bit to keep it going. I heard her as it sounds bitter, then she said, there is nothing in this world which can really be matched with you unless you try to put more of those egos and differences asides.

It's good to see HJ got back together with IK's dad. Nam Suk is being a good cupid this time, I grow some love for her character now, I thought she would only remain as that annoying nosy gossiper. 

And what I dislike here, I have seen it coming tho, DS is being hesitated to be open-up to HJ about himself and his problems that bottled him up but in the end she will hear it from someone else first. The ending twist, that DH's dad connected to DS's past, I see that everyone are blaming him. But I'm sure like what grandfather stories he shared to HJ, this matter need more flasback for me to judge. Lols. Beofe it all confirmed clearly his fault, it means he's innocent until proven guilty. As I think I'm a good judge of a character, DS is actually a good person. Well let's see. 

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

Would someone mind telling me what happened between Hwa Jeong and Young Guk? Namely, why HJ asked for the divorce? I see from your posts that they are back together again, but does YG really deserve to be with Hwa Jeong when he's been holding on to his first love for CH all this time? Btw, it does not surprise me that CH likes HJ. In another drama, that might have been a rather beautiful love story.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Would someone mind telling me what happened between Hwa Jeong and Young Guk? Namely, why HJ asked for the divorce? I see from your posts that they are back together again, but does YG really deserve to be with Hwa Jeong when he's been holding on to his first love for CH all this time? Btw, it does not surprise me that CH likes HJ. In another drama, that might have been a rather beautiful love story.

Basically one rainy night, she overheard him telling the cafe owner (while drunk) about his real view on his marriage, that it was more like a marriage of convenience, instead of marriage of love. It is in ep.12, around 1:02:21 mark, if you want to watch. Some people think she asked for a divorce to set him free. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Just like @ktcjdramamentioned, HJ overheard YG telling Oh Yeonsoo (I think that’s the cafe owner’s name but I can’t quite remember lol) that he had married YG merely out of convenience.  He wasn’t getting any younger, his first love CH had left and Hwa Jeong was around. He married her not because he was in love with her but that it was convenient for him. Mind you he was drunk as he was saying all of this and didn’t realize that Hwa Jeong was right outside in the rain. She had come to pick him up  and happened to hear everything. 

Hwa Jeong genuinely loved YG and she even told Nam Suk about the time her mother was sick at the hospital and how she saw YG visit her mom every day and he would wipe her down and make her laugh. It meant a lot to HJ. 

so she was really hurt by YG’s words. Even though she divorced him, she still really cares about him. I think she divorced him bec she didn’t want to tie him down but it could be also bec she didn’t want to be married to someone who didn’t love her that way. 

In ep 12 or 13 I think? He finds out that HJ overheard his conversation so he realizes that’s why she divorced him. He then feels regret and remorse. He overhears someone trying to set up a blind date between HJ and another guy and it bothers him to the point that when Nam Suk tells him that HJ is drunk with her blind date, he runs over. He sincerely apologizes to HJ for taking her for granted and only realizes how much she means to him when he’s on the verge of losing her. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Hey guys,

Was silently lurking here for quite some time but with the show ending this week, I thought, I would write down some things that I've been feeling/thinking about the show.

As much as I love, love, LOVE the main lead couple, I can't help but mourn what would have been for Ji PD and Hye Jin. They have so much affection, care and respect for each other( also dare I say a little bit of lingering echo of love they used to feel?) Now HJ is going to meet his nephew too and connect. They both would have been such a wonderful addition to each other's extended families. I also admire how for the first time, at least in my watching, a K drama showed such a healthy second lead-main leads relationship. Not just HyeJin and PD but also DuSik and PD. I love their Bromance so much. I kinda hope these three will remain life time friends and PD won't just disappear after DS's trauma is sorted.

SikHye: I love this mature couple from last week. Episode 11 and 12 with its OTT cringey aegyo just gave me so much second hand embarrassment, I can't explain. Someone said if DS is in the right mind space to be in a relationship. I think so. His biggest trauma is about being unlovable, that he brings death and misfortune on people he loves and who love him. HJ is his therapy. All she has to do is exist, loving him, loving him the way she does and he will start getting better. He already has gotten way better than he used to be at the start of the show. Also, he will get closure from PD's noona, the assistant PD and his dad, so that will contribute to his mental wellbeing.

PS: I had no idea this site and forum existed. I am so glad I found it and won't have to rejoin a certain dumpi place to discuss dramas. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

@ktcjdrama and @Mouse, thanks for your explanations. Now I understand why Hwa Jeong divorced Young Guk.

20 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Some people think she asked for a divorce to set him free. 

19 hours ago, Mouse said:

so she was really hurt by YG’s words. Even though she divorced him, she still really cares about him. I think she divorced him bec she didn’t want to tie him down but it could be also bec she didn’t want to be married to someone who didn’t love her that way. 

It probably was a combination of everything, thinking that YG will be able to go be who he wants to be with rather than being tied down to someone he doesn't love, but also that she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life with someone who doesn't love her and only longs for another woman. The first part is because she really loves YG and wants him to be happy, however, the second would hopefully be for herself and about pride and self-respect.

I can only imagine how much it must hurt to think that she was "convenient" since he couldn't have what he really wanted. That actually makes me madder at YG, and confirms that he doesn't deserve her. However, she's such a good person and so in love with YG, that she probably forgave him as soon as he came running. Grrr. He needed to suffer more. Especially since he just gave her the divorce when she asked for it without even bothering to try to find out why she wanted a divorce in the first place. YG has never had to try hard with HJ much less try at all, so it would have been good if he could have suffered more, but it doesn't sound like it.

Anyway, thank you both.

13 hours ago, YourHighness said:

As much as I love, love, LOVE the main lead couple, I can't help but mourn what would have been for Ji PD and Hye Jin.

HI @YourHighness, welcome to JangHaven! I totally understand what you mean. As much as Hye Jin and Du Shik look good together and are clearly meant for each other, I loved the relationship between Ji PD and Hye Jin as well. Still, as you pointed out, all three of the leads develop and maintain good relationships with each other and will probably continue to be friends.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I can only imagine how much it must hurt to think that she was "convenient" since he couldn't have what he really wanted. That actually makes me madder at YG, and confirms that he doesn't deserve her. However, she's such a good person and so in love with YG, that she probably forgave him as soon as he came running. Grrr. He needed to suffer more. Especially since he just gave her the divorce when she asked for it without even bothering to try to find out why she wanted a divorce in the first place. YG has never had to try hard with HJ much less try at all, so it would have been good if he could have suffered more, but it doesn't sound like it.

I totally agree with you on this one. But I think she was "quick" in forgiving him and taking him back for a few reasons.. first, it looks like she's always liked him as a person as they were best friends even before CH came into the picture. I think this was made more evident when she recounted the time he took care of her mother. So despite him seeming like a loser compared to her, in her eyes he has his merits. A second reason as to why I think she may have taken him back so quickly is because they have a child together and despite their history as a couple, he's always been a good father. 

She was probably waiting for him to realize his feelings for her and for him to see her value and when he finally did, she caved.

@YourHighness so glad to see you here! Like you, I am rooting for the main couple and love them together but I also can't help but imagine the future Hye Jin and Ji PD could've had together. It's rare to love the 2nd lead as much as the lead. I think this is one drama where regardless of who HJ chose, the viewers would be just as happy. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

39 minutes ago, Mouse said:

She was probably waiting for him to realize his feelings for her and for him to see her value and when he finally did, she caved.

Fair enough. *grumble* *grumble* It's true that she loved him a lot and they have a son and history together. Plus, she's not a vindictive person at all, unlike some other people who might not be as forgiving. :smile: I guess I'm just glad that Hwa Jeong is happy.

The other couple who I think is rather adorable is Mi Seon and Policeman Cha. He took some time to sort out how he feels, but then went all in for her. Awww. :wow:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
33 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

The other couple who I think is rather adorable is Mi Seon and Policeman Cha. He took some time to sort out how he feels, but then went all in for her. Awww.

yes!! And how cute when they sat down to talk about their future. I really appreciated that moment between them. And when Mi Seon said that they should date with a view to marriage and Policeman Cha says “that’s always been my plan”. I die at his sweetness :wow:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3