Move to Heaven 무브 투 헤븐 [2021]

Tofu

1 hour ago, dream said:

For creating that thread, do I click Create New Topic under Joseon Shrines (Put his name there and viola?) Looking at the other shrines, there all so well curated :D

Yes correct. In first post you can put in some information you like. And if you want to have the 1st few posts to have different types of information, just put "reserve" 1st on the posts as I know  it takes time for you to update. We have an auto-merge system of 10 minutes. Meaning that for each consecutive post for the same member , the posts will merge if done within 10 mins. But if done after 10 mins it wont merge. So what most of us here do when we open new threads is that we will wait for 10 mins each and reserve 2 or 3 posts after the 1st posts. It is up to you how extensive the information you want. And don't worry if you make any mistake. I can help you merge or delete etc . Just let me know

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

This apparently is the scale:

Noted. Prepare one bucket each for ep.1-4, increment of one bucket per episode from ep.5-8 (bonus 1 more for ep.7), ep.9 is 13 buckets, and ep.10 don’t bother coz no more tears left in tear ducts 😅 

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Noted. Prepare one bucket each for ep.1-4, increment of one bucket per episode from ep.5-8 (bonus 1 more for ep.7), ep.9 is 13 buckets, and ep.10 don’t bother coz no more tears left in tear ducts 😅 

I've gone 5 episodes without a tear though I've been pretty sad, but I guess I have a pretty high tolerance for sadness :idk:

I think I've only really cried bucket loads for maybe 5 movies in my life? Stargazing dog, Silenced and Grave of the Fireflies broke me :letalQQ: But otherwise I was sad but not in a crying way for other films/dramas. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I've gone 5 episodes without a tear though I've been pretty sad, but I guess I have a pretty high tolerance for sadness

Good for you! I cry easily and some of the Havenites can attest to that. I really don’t mind the crying but the biggest problem is my eyes get swollen easily too 😆😅😂

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Episodes 5 & 6

-I really love each episode as I continue to watch. This has been one of those dramas with so much heart and warmth to combat the darkness that we struggle against as humans trying to navigate through life :heart: I love how slice of life these mini stories are in that they give you a snapshot of people's lives, both the beauty and tragedy of their stories and there's no quick fix or farfetched happy endings. There's just small victories through resolving misunderstandings and making peace/ letting go of things we can no longer fix :letalQQ:

-I have to say I saw a bit of the Taxi driver LJH when he made the joke about HGR being not only a camera but a recorder and YNM glared at him and he hastily said he was joking with a squinty faced expression. Haha, I just love LJH's sense of humour and trollness :laugh: 

-The doctor's love story was so sad in that they both looked like they were really truly in love but because of parental/societal pressures couldn't be together. And then the last things they said to each other were hurtful and they never got to take it back or say how they truly felt :PiplupCry: It wasn't necessarily a new type of story, but I think it was portrayed rather beautifully - both in the scenes about their relationship and in the scenes showing Ian's grief in not being able to say goodbye properly. I felt that the gifts - the plane ticket and rings - were really precious gifts to the person left behind in this episode.

- I love the banter between SG and YNM - how he wanted to flicker her and she was worried about being killed by him so she made it a bet :laugh: And how YNM was pretending to like classical music while SG called in boring, but in the concert hall we see YNM trying not to doze off and SG clapping and really into it :laugh: 

-Already seeing the snippets of LJW's character is making me feel so sad for what happened. I mean it looks like it was an accident? :thinking: But seeing LJW in hospital in a coma on life support is making me stressed, especially at the end of episode 6 when his character is going into critical condition! :psweatduck:

-SG is one of those trash-but-actually-pure-with-a-heart-of-gold characters  and I know I'm going to be devastated when I get to his backstory :heart: I already felt so bad for him every time he goes and looks at the person he beat up in hospital and is guilt-tripped by their family members :letalQQ: 

- Also in regards to Uncle SG's trash image: It's quite funny when YNM bursts in to talk to the lawyer and she wants to claim that uncle SG is a bad guy...but she can't quite say he is either! And then he manages to smooth talk her mum so that she's not in trouble and says flattering things about her so he is quite a useful trashy uncle :laugh: And then I laughed so hard when he tried to steal the wreath from the rich person's funeral, but was caught by HGR who would of course see things as black and white and make a fuss over it when he was just trying to do something nice in a dodgy way :laugh:

- The story about grandpa and his wife was so sad because it just felt like he was a good person but life was unfair to him over and over and over again :PiplupCry: But there were still small signs of beauty: that lovely secret garden, the little girl who felt sorry for him and tried to help, the subordinate (who later become a rich guy) who remembered his kindness. 

-Hehe was there some unspoken romantic tension between SG and the social worker character played by Soo Young?! :lenny:

-Gotta prepare myself tomorrow for the LJW episode :psweatduck::PikaRIP:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

On 5/14/2021 at 10:56 PM, mademoiselle said:

Do you guys still love LJH if he farts so loud that you could hear it from another room? :laugh: Please do NOT tell me his fart smells like perfume. :pandacop:

As long as the door is closed and I don't have to deal with the smell, I'll still love him. However, if LJH is anything like Sang Goo, I might have to think about it. I can deal with farts but the mess that he made, my OCD was kicking in like crazy. :pandadisgusted:

Lee Je Hoon is very charming (he once said the most charming thing about him is that if you're conversing with him, time passes by quickly) and I love him in just about everything I've seen him in. I've followed almost all of his projects, just a few a few films that I didn't watch. Lee Je Hoon continues to impress me in every project that he's in and is probably the biggest reasons why sometimes I don't even bother to read the synopsis before watching the film/drama. I am actually pretty grateful that we're getting two dramas from him in one year. It's been a long time since he's been away from dramaland (the last drama was in 2018). Right now, I'm slowly watching Taxi Driver and Move to Heaven because part of me feels like I should take my time -- who knows when he'll be back!

By the way, one of Lee Je Hoon's funniest recent interview is with Jessi on her show when he was promoting Collectors. I laughed so much watching it. @mademoiselle, you can probably catch Collectors on third party websites and I believe it's available on iQIYI in some countries to watch. The film wasn't too bad and Lee Je Hoon is just as animated as his Kim Do Ki in disguise character. Haha! 

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Good for you! I cry easily and some of the Havenites can attest to that. I really don’t mind the crying but the biggest problem is my eyes get swollen easily too 😆😅😂

Same here! I cry easily too so I definitely shed some tears in the first episode; however not too much after that. 

@dream -- Yes! Create that Lee Je Hoon shrine! I will help you post things about him because I absolutely adore him. Also agreed that one should never watch Fashion King, doesn't matter if you like Lee Je Hoon or Yoo Ah In. :laugh:

@mademoiselle -- Thanks for sharing those from the director! It's nice to see him interact with the fans and give snippets of what happened on set through photos and replies. 

I have only watched the first five episodes and plan on watching more today when I have time. The first episode made me cry because it was a bit overwhelming to have everything so familiar to me all in one episode -- developmental disabilities through autism, the mother of the son that died being deaf, etc. My brother has developmental disabilities and he is also deaf. Watching the scene with the mother expressing her anguish really hit me hard because I grew up watching people dismiss my brother because of his disabilities. The autism is also very close and dear to me because that's majority of the clients I work with (along with other disabilities). I think the drama captured autism very well, but the spectrum is so wide that not everyone will be just like Han Geu Ru. A couple of things I noticed were similar to the clients that I work with: having the pants higher up on the waist with a belt, inability to process through sudden change in routines, not understanding social cues and emotions -- can take something someone says literally like when the cellist said the doctor was a stranger to him now, Han Geu Ru asked, how can someone you used to know become a stranger? Even the driving piece with Han Geu Ru was familiar to me too -- someone with autism does have the ability to drive. I have a couple of clients who can drive very well but a few who may never be able to. The staff behind Move to Heaven and Tang Joon Sang captured all of this very well so kudos to all of them! :LarvitarSDab1:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

@JenL The scene where Sang Goo wants to flick Namoo. I love how it was filmed: His arm muslces moved + sound effects. That was really cool.

I don't think Sang Goo is trashy. I see him as jaded. The only "trashy" bit is he lives around trash :laugh: I just can't with this. I mean, is it possible guys live like that with trash on the floor all over the place?

@Tofu I've searched both well-known one. They don't have it. I'll have to check weibo.

Thanks for sharing some insights about autism. When I watch shows with autisms, I often wonder if the portrayal is accurate and whether or not they are able to become independent when older (I guess it depends on which side of the spectrum they're in too) because the parents can't take care of them forever. Like Sang Tae in It's Okay Not to be Okay, he eventually is able to fend for himself with his drawing talent. Geu Ru's condition seems to be better than Sang Tae in the sense that he knows how to take care of himself and is even ok to be left going out on his own.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I finished watching episode 7 and while the story with Su Cheol was very sad, I didn't tear up either. I think because I read ahead and knew what happened, I already anticipated it. I did not enjoy my two favs fighting each other though. :niu:

Sang Goo signed the contract for the money and wasn't able to use it for surgery. Isn't there a 24-hour cancellation and refund policy? :laugh:

19 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I've searched both well-known one. They don't have it.

I can't remember where I watched it but I'll try to find it and send you the link via PM. 

Everyone with autism is very different. I have a nonverbal high needs client with autism and then I have one that is very independent and drives himself around everywhere too. For someone that's roughly in the middle, I think both shows did a good job. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I started to watch this drama today :hearties: 

TMI on Geu Ru's playlist - every time he does the cleaning

The melodies of the pieces use deliberate, but mild, dissonances against the harmony, producing a piquant, melancholy effect that matches the performance instructions, which are to play each piece "painfully" (douloureux), "sadly" (triste), or "gravely" (grave).  source 

The word gymnopédies was derived from a festival of ancient Sparta at which young men danced and competed against each other unencumbered by clothing, and the name was a (presumably) droll reference to Satie's gentle, dreamy, and far-from-strenuous piano exercises. 

I guess producers really love the tone of Erik Satie's works in genres like this. One of his famous work, Je Te Veux was featured in A Piece of Your Mind. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

I JUST WATCHED EPISODE 7 AND MY HEART HURTS SO BAD.

:letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ:

For all of the main characters. Everything was so messed up in that situation! And it was an accident, but one that you couldn't come back from :PiplupCry::PiplupCry::PiplupCry: 

Watching episode 8 and then will write more fully.

2 hours ago, bluepebbles said:

I guess producers really love the tone of Erik Satie's works in genres like this. One of his famous work, Je Te Veux was featured in A Piece of Your Mind. 

Yes, I think they do love Erik Satie. But I don't blame them...I love Je Te Veux...it was also a piece used in Dodosolsollalsol at the height of the episodes building up the romantic tension of the leads...one of them being LJW who plays Su-cheol in Move to Heaven :BulbaOWO::hearties:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Episodes 7

- Too much to write for these 2 episodes so separate posts...

The scriptwriters really went to town making SG's life dark with experiences that he could never come back from. I feel like they just ripped out my heart with a dagger and decided to play squash with it by smashing my raw, bloody heart repeatedly and continually with a racket against a cold hard wall. While I didn't cry, I did feel that sinking kind of feeling the whole 2 episodes that things were going to get bleak.

:letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ:

- I finally got to the full LJW episode! And it was so so so tragic in terms of the character's storylines, but also so lovely and surreal to have two of my current favourite actors together in the one drama (as @Tofu also probably experienced) and even in such a close bromantic storyline...until things plunged downhill in a horrifying way. :PiplupCry: I agree that it was not fun to see them beat each other up, especially to see one die at the hand of the other!

elP0xeY.gif

- So as you all know, me = big fan of LJW, so I'm probably biased...but Su-Cheol was so adorable!!! So abandoned puppy-dog like! :heart: When the descriptions of his character came out I thought he'd be a jerk, but this was the total opposite. He gets saved by SG and then loyally follows his new Hyung around even though SG continually pushes him away. But through persistence, he eventually melts the ice around SG's heart and he becomes the world to SG. But SC leaving the boxing world creates a sense of abandonment, especially when he sees his brother again. SG also never learnt the capacity to deal with and process anger in a healthy way and so channels his rage through boxing and it's unfortunate that it was that fight. :lettalKWA::letalQQ::PiplupCry:

QAfZAOc.gif

-Honestly, after seeing SG x SC's storyline, I don't blame him at all for feeling defeated and jaded. Like everyone has regrets and things they feel ashamed of or wish they could change in their lives. And often those aren't big things. But when it's a mistake that you can't come back from, like causing someone's death, how do you keep going? I mean as someone who is hard on themselves, I already think it's hard to forgive myself when I type something wrong at work or something trivial...having to forgive yourself and let go of something like this would be so extremely painful  :psweatduck::letalQQ:

-Also it hurts on the level that SG seemed to keep himself away from others to protect himself...He pretty much told SC to stay away from him, but the kid liked him too much and SG was secretly happy about that. And then the first time in years he makes a genuine connection with someone, it goes wrong in the worst possible way :cry:

- I wish SC had just told him the truth that he was sick when he said he was quitting boxing :letalQQ: but I suppose he never thought he'd be fighting him.

-It's also such a cruel situation in that SC didn't just die instantly, but was on life support. It's like years of false hope. Keeping SC on life support would give SG that small glimmer of hope that he might one day wake up despite the prolonged pain  :cry: But turning off the life support would have felt wrong for everyone too. The idea that you'd made the decision to end someone's life without really knowing if they had a chance would make you feel so guilty too.

- But outside of that arc, I really liked the way HGR describes his uncle (all the bad things like his farts :laugh: but also good things like how he always helps HGR get what he wants.) I like how his dad taught him not to take people are just their words, but on their actions. Truly, he had a very wise father! 

- As much as SG was the one who delivered the final blow...ARGHHHHH that evil boxing pimp madam makes me so angry for having put them in the same fight and whispered the words of evil into SG's ears :pandarage2::pandarage2::pandarage2:

- The one thing that made me laugh relating to SC though which probably shouldn't have was that his funeral photo was actually one of LJW's common acting headshots. You can't fool me with that picture :lenny:

- Anyway, I leave you with this clip where LJW looks extra puppy like in this episode :heart: Poor puppy SC. And poor guilty SG.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Ep. 5 just killed me.

Spoiler

This is so unfair. Life is just so cruel. And by the way f u parents. I am sorry but I don't get it. "Mr. Jung was a good man. Mr. Ian is a good man. But I don't understand why his parents were against their love." Geu Roo, me neither. This made me so mad. Ian was so happy when Mr. Jung said that he would go with him to San Francisco. "I'll never let go of your hand till I die." If someone is looking for me just say that I am crying in the corner right now thanks.

• Sad 2

This is really good. A new, fresh SK take on Rain Man.

Quite brilliant actually. It's also a clever take on what a lot of the supernatural thrillers like Sell Your Haunted House and Mystic Pop-up Bar do -- digging into the story behind the death and helping the dead resolve their issues without all the spooky stuff. There's also a nice bit of detective work involved done by the savant lad Geu-ru. 

We've only done 2.5 episodes but already I like it a lot. The writing is very thoughtful and the performances are as expected, on the money. I love seeing Lee Je-hoon in this bad boy, douchebag sort of role. His brother, Ji Jin-hee's character is an exceedingly wise man, I think. 

Iron sharpens iron... maybe. :laugh:

A beautiful drama that's beautifully made. These short Netflix originals are so good. School Nurse Files and then Sweet Home, now this.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

40 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@40somethingahjumma This was so good for me that I binged it 10 episodes straight over a long weekend. I had this momentary whiplash when I tried watching Taxi Driver after that! LOL!

I want to watch Taxi Driver too but I am afraid that after a few eps I will move it into my on hold list. Even if I enjoy it I will put it into this list cause I have mood swings :D I kinda binged Move to heaven too. 5 eps on each day. I prefer dramas with under 16 eps. But I can watch C-Dramas with 30+ episodes. Lol my logic :D

Edited by mayicoryn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1