The Bloom at Ruyi Pavilion 如意芳霏 [2020]

1 hour ago, SnT said:

@abs-oluteM i know don if it is the music that accompanied the shocked look on mr ge face when FR says let me be the one. I thought that is so deep n emotional. In a wau, on the surface, it seems she is feeling guilty for harming him but her conversation with him in the garden n her saying goodbye to her family indeed shows how much she loved him. To put im simply, she is willing to die for him. It cannot be just guilt.. Her words is.... If i were to do it again to meet u, i not change a thing.. I will still want to meet u.. is very touching.... Hope he truly can see n feel the love. I can almost all forgive her now. .because of  her dreams she was always scare n want to avoid him as she will die w him. Now,  she isnt even scare n without hesitation she will die for him. 

I m just worry about their consummating bit. Looks like he is still not sure in ep 24 preview. Lets hope there are few more good episodes for them to finish the deed n get closer before big bombs dropped everywhere.. 

me too, in the end of preview ep 24 is scared me, i don't know what people said about ep 30 we will got the boom but this drama is more interesting now, just don't make FR death or XJ will marry for his first wife

by the way, the soundtrack still not release for international yet (spotify or apple music)? because i like all the soundtrack :smile:

Edited by gween97
  • Like 4

He'd probably not get married but maybe the divorce would go through since she was putiting her thumb mark on a paper, and then we see the wedding scenes with someone else like the one her parents intended for her? And then the coffin ones so she was probably kidnapped during her wedding and placed in a coffin.hahaha i dunno but we'll see i hope no one dies,if they followed the book then they'll get their happy ending i guess. Unless the writers are all pro pain and yunxi or scarlet heart type writers who think the best endings in romance would be sacrifice through death and all😆😆😆

• Like 4

Oh my word... those last 2 episodes were so much fun. Quite a few laugh out loud moments for me. Those two... honestly... all the plotting and scheming. What's even better... is that we even got some lip locking. (Surprised that you haven't been plastering these everywhere @abs-oluteM)

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 6.43.29 am

Was that the end of Screechy Princess... I certainly hope so. 

But the best part for me ... and what really made me certain of her feelings for him... was the chat in the pavilion. Especially the bit where she said

"That time I quarreled with you I said I shouldn't have set up a stall outside Ju Shui Pavilion, those were just angry words. If I had to do it all again, repeated countless times I will always be there waiting for you telling your fortune."

It was truly heartwarming. It tells me that she's embraced their fate together whatever that brings.

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 6.58.51 am

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 6.41.00 am

More later... need to watch it all again.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjumma @abs-oluteMa

@gween97 @Kana if they hv until ep 30 to be closer together i think i can take last 8 to 9 ep of angst n pain n torture. N Before a final wedding. I m sure there will be a second wedding between thrm because at the end of the ost (the beginning one) he waa waiting for her at the door in his wedding cloth n she came walking in. The scene also show her smiling under the red head cover.  In all the dream n 1st wedding, its never like that. 

Maybe she need to be in coma for a while after the stabbing. 

But let pray tonight will emd well si that we hv material to rewatch till next wed. There is still scenes of him jealous of anhwan n him askimg her to hug him, him making the hair pin for her. Falling of cliff together, coffin digging. There will be a divorce but there is a scene she found his writing saying "ronger please trust me n wait for me". He will be missing n she missed him lots. Lots of material i think for 16 ep to go. Is it true that super vip can buy ep 31 to 40 next weekend? Anyone know how it works?

Remember there is also wbq n fx story. Which will take a few episodes too. I really remember seeimg bts of wbq playing with kuan ge for a get the pick up the bride scene. Hope he did not fully paralysed. Just temp. I like that two a lot. A lot of clear message was given to fr family via wbq. Esp to fx who is worry about her sister. I love the tightness of the sisters who then marry 2 men who are close w one another. 

Yes the garden pavilion scene i hope he remember after he woke up. For me, he was asking what are u trying to say n she kissed him. I think he want to hear her say i m also in love w u. Because she never say it. But that pavilion scene to any ladies is already as good as saying it. She tell him i will want to meet u over n over again, she kissed him automatically. N most importantly she is willing to die for him. 

I think ep 24 preview shows him being unsure of her again. XJ n FR pleased finish ur hubby n wife deed, then i think he can be sure he is welcomed on her bed. Also these 2 episodes can see them readily touching each other. He kissed her m she him hehe... 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

(Surprised that you haven't been plastering these everywhere @abs-oluteM)

I had it all screen shot :smile: but for some reason  , the stills won't load late last night . But it wasn't the kiss , what  I like was all the close proximity scenes :D 
I like that she was the one showing him concern

9ohwBPx.png

WHEM8do.png

And the teasing

zUAMETW.png

This scene, for them to have no more animosity ( though I am still giggling that she thinks he is dying)

Spoiler

oVNf6NM.png

@SnT is there a possibility they don't divorce ? I dunno , but so far the spoilers, I notice, always give one side of the picture...

• Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

@abs-oluteMi hope so too. Because the preview makes it too so scary like the wangye want to marry zhengfei scene, then it was all funny n hilarious n light. His expression watching her pouring sweet soup on drawings are just so priceless. N one moment he was reading his book, totally not even interested in drawings then when he hear her coming, he hurry unscroll the drawings clumsily too 😂😂😂There are the following scenes/threats which i m stress over

1. The one the maid declare wangye taking zhengfei - so this i believe this is over, i don think he will marry any one else. I think someone mention jjy say that the writer change the story line of screechy brat. So its prob almost end of her. W him jumping cliff to be FR totally make her give up too. 

2. Coffin digging scene, i hope he din pass her to ahnwan n let her think ahm saved her. But there is a scene XJ is w FR in his arms w that coffin n ahwan waa looking from behind in the rain. I tend to believe  ahnwan finally saw he has no hope for her heart n turned all dark to destroy XJ. They did fight together to save her. So at that point they hv yet to totally going against each other. 

3. The scene of funeral. Fx n fr arw both all in funeral cloth. I think daddy died. Wbq is wearing white. I believe he is son in law d. XJ also in mourning cloth but Fr treated him with coldness n look like sending hin away. I think angst ahead during those scenes

4. Him requesting to divorce her n she signed the paper in prison. Hopefully by then she already know he is up ti something.

5. Him n her lifeless in his arm on rooftop. 

I really want good ending. I love this couple too much. I just want it to be lighter n easier on them this time. Which so far, it is not too bad. Sweetness more than torture. 

Edited by SnT
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Before I go on about the main leads, I want to say that I honestly feel for Wu Baiqi. He really has no family that he can rely on. His birth relations are largely a rapacious, avaricious bunch. For him any notion of family would be found with the Imperial Guards and the rapport he's built with Xu Jin as well as his blossoming romance with Fu Xuan. I adore how Xu Jin is like a big brother to him and BQ happily runs errands for him. Just seeing how forlorn he looks after Consort Duan's refusal  to see him is depressing. In his case the show points to the fact that biological ties doesn't necessarily ensure a common perspective and a common cause.

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 11.33.07 am

On the theme of families, it does the heart good to see that both sets of families that our leads have come out of really care about their kids. To hear Fu Rong's mum and dad express their happiness to see her well-settled does the heart good. They genuinely want the best for her... as long as she's well-treated by her husband and leading the good life in his household, they don't want much else. It's a huge contrast to the dysfunctional environment that Yunxi grew up in where jealousy and bullying was the norm. Furthermore we see that Consort Shu and the emperor are deeply concerned for their son. They too want him to have a suitable wife who will meet all his needs. I don't blame them for wanting stability for him especially when he was sent away from his mother at a young age. Consort Shu in particular is a wise woman and is doing what she can to ensure that Xu Jin is loved in his marriage. I don't think they're being unreasonable under the circumstances. As a parent myself, I personally hope that Fu Rong will mature and prove that she can grow into the role.

This leads me to the messaging of the show especially with regards to marriage. Rather than being the right person off the bat, it's perhaps more important to become the right person. Or have the attitude of becoming the right person. Marriage is always hard because there's always baggage that is brought into the new arrangement. Two flawed human beings trying to be a family is fraught with difficulties but what I think these last two episodes show is that regardless of why people marry, they need to learn to get along somehow if they want it to work. Of course the way it's been done here is played in part for laughs but there's a serious underlying message.  

To say that Xu Jin is smart is probably stating not only the obvious but understating the measure of the man. He tried so hard to keep his promise by deploying a preemptive strike. He factored in not only parental expectations but Fu Rong's personality and made the necessary preparations. We were right to believe that he wouldn't marry Screechy after the fan proposal. I think he knows that she likes him a lot but the lack of trust from her breaks his heart. What more can he do to prove that he loves her? He can't do more if she continues interpreting his good deeds as sleight of hand.

His reaction to her attentiveness and ministrations was also hilarious and adorable. Astonishment, bewilderment mixed with glee and then some mischief. When he reminded her that if she gave him a son, her status would rise that harkens us back to LoYX. But a good notion bears repeating. She should strike while the iron is hot.

It's clear too that she's still being guided by the premonitions to some degree. That is something that we bear in mind when we wonder why she does the crazy things that she does. She is still fearful that the things she dreamt could still occur even if there are palpable changes at play. It's not over yet as far as she's concerned. 

We are so fortunate to be getting so many scenes of them together in this. Whether it's the hijinks or even when they're at odds, their chemistry is undeniably good. I'm just relishing in all the magic that they bring when they're together on the screen.

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 12.54.45 pm

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 12.55.28 pm

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

57 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Before I go on about the main leads, I want to say that I honestly feel for Wu Baiqi. He really has no family that he can rely on. His birth relations are largely a rapacious, avaricious bunch. For him any notion of family would be found with the Imperial Guards and the rapport he's built with Xu Jin as well as his blossoming romance with Fu Xuan. I adore how Xu Jin is like a big brother to him and BQ happily runs errands for him. Just seeing how forlorn he looks after Consort Duan's refusal  to see him is depressing. In his case the show points to the fact that biological ties doesn't necessarily ensure a common perspective and a common cause.

On the theme of families, it does the heart good to see that both sets of families that our leads have come out of really care about their kids. To hear Fu Rong's mum and dad express their happiness to see her well-settled does the heart good. They genuinely want the best for her... as long as she's well-treated by her husband and leading the good life in his household, they don't want much else. It's a huge contrast to the dysfunctional environment that Yunxi grew up in where jealousy and bullying was the norm. Furthermore we see that Consort Shu and the emperor are deeply concerned for their son. They too want him to have a suitable wife who will meet all his needs. I don't blame them for wanting stability for him especially when he was sent away from his mother at a young age. Consort Shu in particular is a wise woman and is doing what she can to ensure that Xu Jin is loved in his marriage. I don't think they're being unreasonable under the circumstances. As a parent myself, I personally hope that Fu Rong will mature and prove that she can grow into the role.

This leads me to the messaging of the show especially with regards to marriage. Rather than being the right person off the bat, it's perhaps more important to become the right person. Or have the attitude of becoming the right person. Marriage is always hard because there's always baggage that is brought into the new arrangement. Two flawed human beings trying to be a family is fraught with difficulties but what I think these last two episodes show is that regardless of why people marry, they need to learn to get along somehow if they want it to work. Of course the way it's been done here is played in part for laughs but there's a serious underlying message.  

To say that Xu Jin is smart is probably stating not only the obvious but understating the measure of the man. He tried so hard to keep his promise by deploying a preemptive strike. He factored in not only parental expectations but Fu Rong's personality and made the necessary preparations. We were right to believe that he wouldn't marry Screechy after the fan proposal. I think he knows that she likes him a lot but the lack of trust from her breaks his heart. What more can he do to prove that he loves her? He can't do more if she continues interpreting his good deeds as sleight of hand.

His reaction to her attentiveness and ministrations was also hilarious and adorable. Astonishment mixed with glee and then some mischief. When he reminded her that if she gave him a son, her status would rise that harkens us back to LoYX. But a good notion bears repeating. She should strike while the iron is hot.

It's clear too that she's still being guided by the premonitions to some degree. That is something that we bear in mind when we wonder why she does the crazy things that she does. She is still fearful that the things she dreamt could still occur even if there are palpable changes at play. It's not over yet as far as she's concerned. 

We are so fortunate to be getting so many scenes of them together in this. Whether it's the hijinks or even when they're at odds, their chemistry is undeniably good. I'm just relishing in all the magic that they bring when they're together on the screen.

I love love love ur analysis. Especially being a mum bit. When our children get hurt esp when its about marriage or their other half, many times as mother we can only stay on the sidelines to cheer them on, cry with them, hug n know that only time will heal their wounds while our heart aches all while. I think XJ mum is doing a good job. N amazingly because of his marriage to FR he is getting less distance with his parents especially his mum. Remember in the beginning he doesn't even know what to say to the mum. His mum really wany to see him, hear him, near him... I can feel as her totally. 

In this case, being the secondary consort when he says about giving him son prob rings more meaning in ruyi than loyx. Guess if she does bore him children, he has more bargaining power to protect her. Cause next up will be excuse of getting main wife because there is no royal heir yet. Not that the cares but it will ease their journey as husband n wife. 

I think its a journey for this XJ FR couple n FX WBQ too. Not only about fallinng in love n have a rom com but Learning how to love one another. 

Edited by abs-oluteM
Please do not quote images (pics, IG , YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I am bit slower in watching these episodes chingu’s. So happy to see this thread pick up . 
jusu finished episode 21 and wow JJY and ZZH acting in this episode was amazing. 
Fu Rong just can’t help herself and has to climb trees. I wish we could find out why she likes to climb trees. I am a bit shocked , I believe her lies on trying to save a bird. And smh smh smh 

• Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

For now I don’t think i will believe what the preview said:smug: look at the scene where FR got news that he will marry for an official wife, in the trailer it’s look like so much dramatic because she drop the things she sewing but in the end that scene is so funny to watch when she start to get jealous (sorry my bad english🙏🏻✌️)

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1
27 minutes ago, SnT said:

Can anyone tell me why was she up on that tree in ep 21? 

It's pretty much a mystery to me, I guess she probably wants to test if xujin still care for her or not. My Astro version probably have an explanation but we still at episode 14 this week. Will come to this episode next 2 week 

Edited by Beautifulthing
  • Like 2