The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

@gracebkkxianlingke is selected to join the preliminary selection of embroidering for the emperor birthday. Shiyi suggesred they do the word fu with 100 of different fu on it. In ep 36 ending, she was shooting arrow w houye n she quietly whispered to him that she has some thoughts on the embroidery. I think she want to set the trap n get the spy to move. Cause ou yx warn her the brither ou lx is the organiser of the birthday event. 

So ep 37 someone prob hide chunge or lead him to play somewhere. Causing shiyi to run out of her room n everyone panicking to look for chunge. When they come back, the cloth was burn n at the dot ou lx came w the imperial edict to bring the embroidery to court. But from 38 it wasnt successful.

38 shows ou lx asking the spy to cause a rift between shiyi n houye which i gleeful think that wasn't possible anymore. The two have a very deepset trust in each other. After the mum murder suspicion, shiyi is already in love n trusting houye fully. It is not going to work. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 2
3 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I think up to this point no one and nothing can shakes up their relationship anymore. That's why the only way to breaks them is by having one of them kills off which is where the prison scene comes about......

totally, i mean after both are out in the open about each other and what both thought really centre about....ShiYi already had all her guilts air out or her secret mission to find her mom's murderer and also the main reason why she was married into the Xu Households, she confessed and beg for her husband forgiveness....

and also at the same times....whatever she is doing or any encounter she had with Daddi, she will inform and keep it open with HouYe....this is definitely means that they are tight....

besides we all know they should only be separated once only and after that they are together to go thru everything that is thrown at them

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

OMG!! I am totally forgot about FQ, when all of you mentioned about WuYe's son I thought there will be a time jump where DY has gives birth to a son....:HaunterOK:

Well.. Not sure if you watched up 35 yet, but

Spoiler

Danyang did give birth to a son, so WuYe does have a son now (with Danyang). Fengqing/Xu Sijie is officially the second brother's son (since the sister-in-law adopted the kid).

Btw, did anyone else read the novel? I tried reading the novel using Google Translate and I must say, I'm loving all the changes the scriptwriter made to the novel. Like, for a novel, the plots the writer did was good. But for a drama, the changes the scriptwriter made made the drama much easier to digest and like. I honestly prefer the drama compared to the book (although I like both the novel and the drama). 

For instance,

Spoiler

- WuYe's concubine dies (in the book) vs WuYe's concubine stays alive and is set free (in the drama)
- WuYe's concubine became pregnant (in the book) vs WuYe's concubine didn't sleep with WuYe and it was just a scheme so she can become a concubine (in the drama)
- Xu Sijie becomes Shiyi's son (in the book) vs Xu Sijie becomes the sister-in-law's son (in the drama)

- Qiao Lianfang gets pregnant (in the book) vs Qiao Lianfang didn't sleep with Houye at all (in the drama)

- Houye sleeps with Shiyi the night they got married (in the book) vs Houye doesn't force Shiyi to sleep with him and waits until she's ready (in the drama)

The drama is so much nicer and easier to digest (+ romantic!!). I feel it's perfect for today's modern viewers. :d

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
3 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

Btw, did anyone else read the novel? I tried reading the novel using Google Translate and I must say, I'm loving all the changes the scriptwriter made to the novel. Like, for a novel, the plots the writer did was good. But for a drama, the changes the scriptwriter made made the drama much easier to digest and like. I honestly prefer the drama compared to the book (although I like both the novel and the drama). 

For instance,

Reveal hidden contents

hahah we are going to rely on you to tell us the differences... i didnt read the books....as nowadays i dont have times to really read a book any more.....i use to read alot however i had stop lols.....

after seeing what you have list down....i definite prefer the drama HouYe.....not so flower heart **ahem**

btw....my mom once told me if a guy is drunk....very very very drunk and is dead to the world....it is impossible for them to perform the deed since they are dead to the world lols.....unless in WuYe's case as in the book, maybe half drunk?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Nope......:cool:

And to think we have  been friends for so long .....:pandasad: 

Thanks @gracebkk and @SnT. Ya , I don't want them to ever divorce given how taboo it is in those days. 

45 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

lols i went digging, yes you're right its the WuYe's son....sorry i mix up.....the 3 kids looks a lil bit alike to me :shocked:

Xu Si Jie / Feng Qing

Got 3 kids only right ? Two his own and one his bro...don't suddenly got some unknown kid pop up like that Concubine that was the 1st wife's maid. Forgot her name . LOL.

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

17 minutes ago, SnT said:

I saw a discussion in dramalist about what u think will happen if shiyi married wangyu n ErNiang end up marry houye. She keep on yelping that she will be better off at xu family. What do u guys think? 

ErNiang will be dead in no time by Qiao Niang or plunges head on to one of Qiao Niang's little traps with a result of divorce by HouYe or sells off as a slave by Great Madam. ErNiang isn't bright enough to deals with Qiao Niang who is armed with powerful connection and money. HouYe himself will treats her like wallpaper, the same with how he treated Qiao Niang who has similar personality with ErNiang.

While if ShiYi ends up with WangYu, she will certainly runaway with DQ before or after the wedding. She is resourceful enough to do that....She has Ou Second Master who will be more than happy to offers a helping hand.

10 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

And to think we have  been friends for so long .....:pandasad: 

What do you meant??? :mine: what I meant by nope is she didn't use the divorce letter....

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Ya @OsmanthusTeai agree w u. ErNiang will not survive in xu family. She is very much like yuanniang. N she will behave in a typical way like try to gain houye favour, bear him children etc. She will be just like one of his concubines. Cant win his heart and even his attention. She will also create too much havoc n he will stsy away.

If wangyu arrangement is a go ahead, i think shiyi will def run away. N meet ou again n married him haha.... Like what she says you cant control certain sitiation but u can do ur best to win rhe battle. 

If houye married ErNiang i personally think heavens must hv so much against him to make him suffer like that haha... Poor man. I m sure after his ep 31 to 34 encounter of ErNiang he must be thanking his heaven luck that yuanniang did not schemed ErNiang to him. Must be thanking his lucky star wholeheartedly now that he has the love of his life. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 minute ago, SnT said:

She is very much like yuanniang

I would say YuanNiang is a better and smarter woman than ErNiang. YuanNiang used to be a nice person hence HouYe did has a deep affection for her until she was "polluted" by all the scheming and threaten by the situation so she changed into a Tiger Mom cum Wifey. YuanNiang seemed to have a better relationship with ShiYi than with ErNiang too. She isn't biased when she tested 2 of them when choosing her successor. If she is alive, Qiao Niang won't have a chance to even became a concubine because even Great Madam respected her a lot.

In HouYe's part, ErNiang won't effects him at all if he did married her. She doesn't has what it takes to leaves any impact or lasting impression to him. He will brushes her off and put her in the corner of his mansion until the day she's gone. He won't be home at all anymore and let Xu Mansion becomes a Women War Zone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
16 minutes ago, SnT said:

If houye married ErNiang i personally think heavens must hv so much against him to make him suffer like that haha... Poor man. I m sure after his ep 31 to 34 encounter of ErNiang he must be thanking his heaven luck that yuanniang did not schemed ErNiang to him. Must be thanking his lucky star wholeheartedly now that he has the love of his life. 

if HouYe married ErNiang.... i tell you guys HouYe will keep finding mission after mission to keep himself away and out of the home

we will not even seen him galloping home in eagerness!!!

so we have less horse scene to watch.....NO WAY!!!! what a bad notion....

we all need HouYe on the horse pls!

• Haha 6

My goodness. I've been away from this forum for a few weeks and it's up to 43 pages. Enjoyed reading everyone's comments. It's definitely healthier vibe here. I was getting annoyed and frustrated with the audiences on MDL. I know everyone can write what they want but the vibe was really harsh.

I'm caught up to ep. 35. I wanted a break before the next couple challenge appeared. Also Erniang and Madam Xu were both getting too antangonistic to me. I know they are playing their part. But sometimes I need a break from the infighting.

Anyways love this drama. 

Edited by Funnypeopleswim
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, SnT said:

In ep 36 ending, she was shooting arrow w houye n she quietly whispered to him that she has some thoughts on the embroidery. I think she want to set the trap n get the spy to move. Cause ou yx warn her the brither ou lx is the organiser of the birthday event. 

Ahh... is that so? I didn't watch any spoilers of 37 or after. My first thought after finishing 36 was 11 wanted to appease 01 by letting him come up with the draft for her Fu embroidery instead of using what Ou has written since she knew of his "jealousy" after hearing who actually wrote it. But since you've seen the spoilers/trailers, I guess it's all about that spy.

I just love it when Wallace pouts and sulks. Too cute lol. I enjoy watching them push and pull. Best bickering couple so far lol. So I am fine if they start "bickering" again because who knows, another couple of great kisses? HAHA.

Btw, JH friends, the latest C-rumor mill buzz on The Long Ballad is it is likely to premiere on 3.24 (or thereabout). If true, awesome! Just about right to fill the "void" after TSnTB ends. Perhaps the final 9 eps will be dumped next Monday (22nd) in view of this new and highly anticipated "competitor":idk: But I will be more than happy not having to wait another week for the last 3 eps of 1101 CP lol though I would be very sad to bid farewell to them so soon. Dare we hope for a season 2? The novel is very long... so perhaps a prequel (like Royal Nirvana? Btw, does anyone feel this drama has some semblance to RN? The flashback of actions/events that happened before certain incident)... Anyway, will definitely rewatch in a bingeathon someday soon :love:

1 hour ago, SnT said:

I saw a discussion in dramalist about what u think will happen if shiyi married wangyu n ErNiang end up marry houye. She keep on yelping that she will be better off at xu family. What do u guys think? 

I will not be watching this drama then. Haha.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

@oppasaranghaeyo

A bit of spoiler for ppl who hasnt watch ep 36. 

Spoiler

The last bit is. Ou yx told master jian n shiyi that his brother is the organiser of the emperor birthday as he is the vice minister of rites. U cam see shiyi start brooding. Master jian asked ou yx to help draft the Shou meaning longevity (no fu sorry. My mistake). 

When houye saw the draft, he was like wow what good writing. N shiyi honestly told him it is ou. He start sulking n reversing his comment about the writing. Our houye is jealous in a very cute way. He went back to banyuepan n wrote a shou word himself. He thinks shiyi should like his writing better. But he can't even convince zhao ying. Haha lol. 

Shiyi came to banyuepan n she saw the writing which he tries to hide. He says how come u din inform before u enter. Shiyi says since when i come here i need to inform u haha... He is just embarrassed.. 

She invited him for arrow shooting session. They r not bickering. Their conversation is very intelligently funny. She was trying inflate n blow his ego saying that wow u r so good w ur arrows. It must be these bow n arrows that enhance ming dynasty troop, catch pirates, calm unrest n bring peace to the ppl. She did it in a very overdoing n high praising way. Lingyi saw through that praise overdone n smiled  said furen, have u ever heard of this... With every high praise sure got motives (like there is no free lunch). Hahaha he was like ya ya my dear, what do u want? Lol. 

Shiyi says honest from the bottom of my heart it is only if courageous n brave people like u n ur service that brings peace to the people. those ppl who r good in study n can draw n write (emphasis the those who write here ok), are dependent on ppl like u. Hahaha thats it her motive is clear n he was like aha i got it. She is saying my dear houye, u don need to write to impress, u r above all that. What a smart wife!!! N he says so too... I c so is like me having a wife like u who is smart n kind that gives me all the peace to fight wars n protect the nation haha... These two r like rubbing up each other ego. They r intelligently teasing one another. 

Then he moved behind her n hold her hands to rekease her arrow. She was like wow... Is there anything u cant do. N he went uh huh now that has some truth. Haha... So cute!!! 

Second motive is she wants to speak to him in a very unassuming environment. So q them so near she whispered to him. I think it is about setting the trap for the spy. He caught the gist too. 

Another sweetmess is when he teach her shooting. He tap her hand to say release. It is such a cute adorable move from Wallace. So natural. Amazing acting. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
4 hours ago, SnT said:

@AwkwarDerpsaw ur comment on dramalist. Love it. I make mine too. Hehe... But under sng cause my user name SnT is taken d. 

WAS THAT YOU? I HAVE A FEELING, cause it was like SnG and you'r SnT here. LOL 

THank you so much, I honestly needed someone to back me up. Like omg, I know I can't change the way people think, but do you see how many people are getting frustrated at that page? I lowkey use this opportunity to advertise this page :smug:

This is a marketing strategy.

1 hour ago, Funnypeopleswim said:

My goodness. I've been away from this forum for a few weeks and it's up to 43 pages. Enjoyed reading everyone's comments. It's definitely healthier vibe here. I was getting annoyed and frustrated with the audiences on MDL. I know everyone can write what they want but the vibe was really harsh.

I'm caught up to ep. 35. I wanted a break before the next couple challenge appeared. Also Erniang and Madam Xu were both getting too antangonistic to me. I know they are playing their part. But sometimes I need a break from the infighting.

Anyways love this drama. 

LOOK, someone I advertised to is here! 

Someone pat me on the back :wow:

Oh nevermind, the person was already here previously? LOL when I dragged the person back for y'all 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

11 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

WAS THAT YOU? I HAVE A FEELING, cause it was like SnG and you'r SnT here. LOL 

THank you so much, I honestly needed someone to back me up. Like omg, I know I can't change the way people think, but do you see how many people are getting frustrated at that page? I lowkey use this opportunity to advertise this page :smug:

This is a marketing strategy.

LOOK, someone I advertised to is here! 

Someone pat me on the back :wow:

Oh nevermind, the person was already here previously? LOL when I dragged the person back for y'all 

You can totally take credit. I came back on your recommendation.

1 hour ago, SnT said:

@oppasaranghaeyo

A bit of spoiler for ppl who hasnt watch ep 36. 

Reveal hidden contents

The last bit is. Ou yx told master jian n shiyi that his brother is the organiser of the emperor birthday as he is the vice minister of rites. U cam see shiyi start brooding. Master jian asked ou yx to help draft the Shou meaning longevity (no fu sorry. My mistake). 

When houye saw the draft, he was like wow what good writing. N shiyi honestly told him it is ou. He start sulking n reversing his comment about the writing. Our houye is jealous in a very cute way. He went back to banyuepan n wrote a shou word himself. He thinks shiyi should like his writing better. But he can't even convince zhao ying. Haha lol. 

Shiyi came to banyuepan n she saw the writing which he try to hide. He says how come u din inform before u enter. Shiyi says since when i come here i need to inform u haha... He is just embarrassed.. 

She invited him for arrow shooting session. They r not bickering. Their conversation is very intelligently funny. Shevwas trying inflate n blow his ego saying that wow u r so good w ur arrows. It must be these bow n arrows that enhance ming dynasty troop, catch pirates, calm unrest n bring peace to the ppl. She did it in a very overly praising way. Lingyi smiled  said furen, have u ever heard of this... With every high praise sure got motives (like there is no free lunch). Hahaha he was like ya ya my dear, what do u want? Lol. 

Shiyi says honest from the bottom of my heart it is only if courageous n brave people like u n ur service thst brings peace to the people. those ppl who r good in study n can draw n write (emphasis the tjose who write here ok), are dependent on ppl like u. Hahaha thats it her motive is clear n he got it. She is saying my dear houye, u don need to write to impress, u r above all that. What a smart wife. N he says so... I c so is like me having a wife like u who us smart n kind that gives me all the peace to fight wars n protect the nation haha... These two r like rubbinv eavh other ego. They r intelligently teasing one another 

Second motive is she wants tk speak to him in a very unassuming environment. I think it is about setting the trap for the spy. 

Another sweetmess is when he teach her shooting. He tap her hand to say release. It is such a cute adorable move from Wallace. So natural. Amazing acting. 

I loved your comments on MDL too.

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Mann.. I really thought it was only me who was feeling frustrated with the comments in MDL. It reached to a point where I went "are we really watching the same drama? how come what I understood and felt watching this drama is totally different from them?" lol. Glad to know I wasn't the only one then. ^^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@gracebkkyeah... U r right.. It was like huh... Some may not like because it is very slow burn,  or the idea of one man many wives,  ml is actually lot older thsn fl in the drama or the idea of marrying ur brither in law.. I thought thst is fine to dislike, then don watch but some ppl seems to misunderstand the show or simply don understand the story. N start to go all against and all trying to  tear up the drama. I mean i watch so many stories i don like i dont bother to comment then haha.... 

@AwkwarDerpYa i cant use SnT which is initial so i change my T to my hubby initial G haha... It is good we can share our thoughts positively here. Not everyone chase drama like us haha.... @Funnypeopleswimthanks i just comment based on the scenes i watch. So it is more factual less personal opinion. I just thought the script even though has some holes n some factual mistakes n inconsistencies like timeline for examples:

1. There never properly show seasons like winter. Cause it is capital of ming is Beijing which has snowing winter

2. After qiC first kiss which is in july, then they separated for more than a month n get back and suddenly walk in garden, there was so many flowers blooming like spring wheras season should be going to autumn, if it is next spring danyang should not be still pregnant),

3. danyang pregnancy timeline feels weird too. Cause shiyi encounter w danyang on the second day of marriage she is newly pregnant n at 35 episodes she gave birth meaning everything between houye n shiyi happen in less than 9 months. 

Scriptwriter is a little lazy in that sense

,however, it does tries to explain many things like why certain ppl are the way they are. Why their reaction was as such. Of course the actors were so good in portraying the characters esp wallace n tsy. So the drama does not deserve to be tear up. 

9 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Love these Moon Gate Arches (月亮门) so much....I hope I can have it in my garden in the future....❤️🥰💞

I love all the arches. N that round carved window where they always sat. So pretty n poetic. Actually it is very cinematic the whole drama.. This director is very good with capturing the framing. Love banyuepan exterior too. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

@SnT 

Honestly after going back and forth with one member yesterday about whether or not Shiyi was a good person or not and then reading about AvenueX's review and some comment about White Tea B***. I was fed up.

I like watching dramas with other people and commenting about plots and characters. But it's out of hand on MDL. 

I feel like I am a simple viewer. I like the actors, I like the story, I think it flows nicely, therefore I will watch it. I know everyone is different. 

I do think continuity is a difficult thing to comment on with Cdramas because they have to go up against the censors. And I believe this was suppose to be 55 episode drama. But poor Danyang is having a lengthy pregnancy.

Anyways it was nice to wake up this morning to yours and @AwkwarDerp comments this morning. Sometimes I just get tired arguing with people.

Has anyone watched the trailers? I just watch one on instagram where:

Spoiler

Houye was getting captured and tortured

Edited by Funnypeopleswim
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
9 minutes ago, Funnypeopleswim said:

Has anyone watched the trailers? I just watch one on instagram where:

Which trailer was this? Can you share the link, if you still have it?

10 minutes ago, Funnypeopleswim said:

I feel like I am a simple viewer. I like the actors, I like the story, I think it flows nicely, therefore I will watch it. I know everyone is different. 

Sounds just like me.

What I love about this drama is how the plot flows well (& is logical (for the most part)!), the chemistry between the leads, the acting and the set + costume + directing (everything is so pretty on camera!). It also helps that everyone is casted correctly, so the only thing we have to do is enjoy it. I think that's why I love this drama – because all these elements easily made me feel immersed in the story. So tiny inconsistencies like the weather and the pregnancy length and whatnot is okay with me because they barely affect the plot (other than sequencing the time periods well).

I have a feeling the reason why there's no winter in this drama is because it was really hot then (in the bts videos, you can see them holding a fan). Another possible reason is because it's not super important to the plot (like, it barely affects it) so the director/screenwriter saw no need for them to make that distinction? Nevertheless, I'm still enjoying this drama a lot so I'm very happy because it's not easy for me to find a drama I'm completely in love with (I'm quite picky, you see... Even having my favourite actor/actress in the drama isn't a strong enough reason to persuade me to watch/follow it if something feels lacking). 

• Like 2