Thousand Years For You / Qing Jun 请君 [2022]

Tofu

@Alice WonderlandAt first from trailer I also think the FL seems strange and silly. But after few episodes I'm fine with her, she's strong and can defend herself. And I found her first husband 🐓quite funny :lol:

He only interested on the spirit inside her, and doesn't really care about her. He continue to save her many times and my favourite will be the one in their wedding night 🔥 The OST also very nice & suitable. 

I actually didn't really plan to watch this. But in the end I always get bewitched by him ! 

• Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

9 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@SilverMoonTea I've checked until episode 6, onto the wedding night you mentioned. Unfortinately, I still cant enjoy this even Allen is so dashing. I just cant get into the story and everything felt like a forced comedy to me.

But I like that he uses his magic to handle those madman from attacking people. The ost is so good.

I see. I surprisingly enjoyed it from the get go. I'm a bit confused with ep 1, but after all get revealed it's kinda make sense and then I enjoyed more into the magical world in the play. It's kinda make me forgetting all real life problem. So I really like it. 

New OST :

• Like 1

I found it interesting that YDD is YX but also not exactly YX. I found YDD is more charming and lively compare to YX. But I also hope to find more later that LY will like YDD as she is and not just because she's YX (reincarnation?) 

Everytime he called her Dengdeng, I found it very sweet and endearing. I hope they have more scenes together, it's upsetting that he only protecting her from far now. 

@IpohBananathe last 2 episodes (15&16) not much progress, I also wonder will they have much story to tell moving forward. 

It's first time for me to watch any of LQ's work. Her voice is quite articulate and making this drama more lively, as Allen's real life voice somehow quite monoton. 

I also agree with you, Allen's role it's not something new and I think doesn't even require a lot of emotion at times. But I think I'm a bias fangirl 😅 and still think he really looked amazingly dashing and enchanting. 

@mayicoryn@Tofu@Lynneneed more people to liven up here. And Tofu is thread owner (*pressure pressure* 🤣)

• Haha 1

@SilverMoonTea drat, it always has to end when things get exciting. Saw the preview for E20 and they have found DD's father. Now, we'll have to wait for Sunday to watch the continuation. The perfect role is the one which doesn't require a lot of emotions :lmao2:

I think they have used AR's original voice (just confirmed with Ms Crow and Mr Lizard)? And I am quite sure it's LQ's own voice. A nice change, that they are not dubbed.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@IpohBananaI have question about the translation. She always mentioned him as heroic husband, but does she mean he's her second husband ? 

Also everyone in her clan always mentioned him as Aunt Lu, this one correct translation?

Yes, it's Allen Ren real voice. I think the rule in China now, if you don't want to dub your own drama need to pay others in return. 

And yes ep 17 & 18 is exciting, I like how he blatantly showed up as her husband. 

• Like 1

@SilverMoonTea sorry ah, give me sometime, I stole a few glances tbh. I didn't really sit down to watch so I can't answer your questions yet. Will get back to you.

@SilverMoonTea

姨娘 or Yi Niang can be aunt or concubine, the second wife of a feudal lord. I don't know the background about first or second hubs, but if as you say he is the second hubs, then because Deng Deng is the feudal lord, this is why they address Lu Yan as Yi Niang, or the concubine.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

@OsmanthusTea in episode two when she asks him his name, she uses the term Er Fang, which sounds like second room but it means concubine or the second in the family. And in comics, as a pun for little wife, mistress.

I suspect because the rooster is the first husband. LOL

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I think you call the wrong tea here :lmao2:

Thanks for the explanation @IpohBanana, it's totally make sense. Yes the rooster is the first husband 🤣

Totally a wrong tea.....:PsyWhat::PsyWhat::PsyWhat:

• Haha 2