Little Women 작은 아씨들 [2022]

ktcjdrama

Little Women poll  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Will In Hye betray her sister In Joo?

2. 2. Will In Joo find the Orchid Killer?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/2022 at 01:59 PM

@mademoiselle In that swoon vid they asked WHJ to name 3 charming things about himself...one of it was his great body! :laugh: I knew from the time he flashed his great proportions to me in 18 again that I would adopt him. 

Can I just say that Do Il saved the day for the sisters in eps 9 & 10. Honestly without him In Joo would have died in SG & in that psychiatric, and it would not have been possible for IK  to call out Park's crimes. The best scene for me was really seeing the 2 young girls escape and go off to Fukuoka. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I just caught up and have things to say, but I'm gonna do it tomorrow.

People are liking these 2 though. I see it everyone on the bird app :laugh:

This is a cute move on both their parts though

• Haha 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Entertainment

AllFilmTelevisionMusicTheaterK-popesports

Korean drama ‘Little Women' banned in Vietnam.

By Lee Si Jin

20221007000575-0.jpg

A still image shows the eldest and middle sisters -- Oh In Joo (played by Kim Go Eun), right, and Oh In Kyung (Nam Ji Hyun) -- in "Little Women" (Tving)

Cable channel tvN’s mystery thriller “Little Women,” a Korean drama series which is ranked sixth on the global Netflix chart, has been pulled from the service in Vietnam.

According to Vietnam online publication VnExpress, Vietnam’s Department of Broadcasting, Television and Electronic Information removed the series from Netflix in Vietnam for presenting misleading information about Vietnam and the Vietnam War.

“We recognize the ongoing situation with ‘Little Women’ and all 12 episodes will not be serviced in Vietnam,” a Netflix Korea official told The Korea Herald on Friday.

Studio Dragon which produced "Little Women” said that it will pay greater attention to foreign cultures and history.

“In response to concerns raised regarding some of the settings in ‘Little Women,’ we will take social and cultural sensitivity into account and pay more attention to future content production,” the production company said in an official statement.

The 12-part series revolves around the three Oh sisters and their differing views on various social events. The story develops as the eldest and middle sisters -- Oh In Joo (played by Kim Go Eun) and Oh In Kyung (Nam Ji Hyun) try to fight poverty, hoping that their youngest sister Oh In Hye (Park Ji Hu) would get to live a more comfortable life. without being envious of others.

20221007000576-0.jpg

Poster image of "Little Women" (Tving)

The series mentions Vietnam while the lead character explains about a mysterious orchid, known as the Ghost of Vietnam. “Little Women” also presents a story about a Korean soldier, who took part in a secret operation during the Vietnam War in 1967, killing 100 Viet Cong on his mission.

This is not the first time that a Korean production has been banned in Vietnam. The Vietnamese government in July banned Korean action comedy “The Roundup” for having too many violent scenes and depicting Ho Chi Minh City as a lawless place.

According to data released by streaming analytics firm FlixPatrol, “Little Women” has stayed in the global top 10 chart since its first entry on Sept. 19, almost two weeks after its premiere.

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 7

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

202210090608041710-1.jpg

Little Women Plot Twists And Reveals That Were Genuinely Surprising - Clips - Stills.

202210090608041710-2.jpg

Photo=Courtesy of tvN.

'source'

Spoiler

Spoiler

https://m.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202210090608041710#news

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

49 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Feeling quite lost while watching ep.11.... maybe I am not invested in the story anymore? Anyway, this drama still does the cliffhanger really well. And Won Sang Ah is a really sick person. 

I'm not lost but just WTF, Hwa Young is alive...? How did she fake her own death?  Need a good explanation coz after all, her face is recognisable when she died.

For now, I'm guessing she joined hands with Do Il and went along in playing dead when Won Sang Ah went to kill her (but did she?). We'll find out (hopefully) tonight.

I think if I am In Joo, I will give Hwa Young a big punch in the face. Although she's stupid and have many chances of walking away from this but nonetheless, she was dragged into this mess so she deserves to at least punch everyone once. Ha ha ha.

I hope Do Il can get off the conviction with probation. After all, I'm guessing if his plan from the get-go is to bring down Won Sang Ah and Park Jae Sang, then he's doing the society a service. Plus if by Korea's law, a first offender always walk free with probation and a fine, I don't see why he can't... 🤷🏻‍♀️

Oh yeah, almost forgot... 🥳 to In Kyung reciprocated and hugged Jong Ho back! My 🚢 is sailing.

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I think if I am In Joo, I will give Hwa Young a big punch in the face. Although she's stupid and have many chances of walking away from this but nonetheless, she was dragged into this mess so she deserves to at least punch everyone once. Ha ha ha.

I managed to catch this & I had the exact same thought. If I was In Joo , I’m gonna have a hard time forgiving her . So like what is HY even doing this for ? To expose Won SA? 

The amount of twists & turns in this drama is nuts . Lol . But it did keep me engaged . And of course Choi Do IL saved the day. Thanks to him , In Joo will not have to be in jail for a long time. Ahh if this isn’t love what is . :smug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

9 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I managed to catch this & I had the exact same thought. If I was In Joo , I’m gonna have a hard time forgiving her . So like what is HY even doing this for ? To expose Won SA? 

The amount of twists & turns in this drama is nuts . Lol . But it did keep me engaged . And of course Choi Do IL saved the day. Thanks to him , In Joo will be not have to be in jail for a long time. Ahh if this isn’t love what is . :smug:

Yeah I think Hwa Young faked / planned it all to expose and take revenge on Won Sang Ah.

Choi Do Il definitely saves the drama for me too. And yes, lol, on weibo people are also saying this is love! Hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Me too... but knowing In Joo, she will probably cry out happy tears to see HY still alive.... :laugh:

This is such a big-stake mess. How many times the sisters are risking their lives to play the roles HY (and maybe Do Il also) is planning.... How many have died in the process just because HY (and maybe Do Il) wanting to "trick" and "trap" the big bad, instead of working together openly to bring them down. Too elaborate a plan and too dragged out a plan. The Oh sisters are just pawns, when a simple exposing of the blue orchid garden is all it takes to bring WSA down. Am I wrong in my understanding of this? :idk:

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

45 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

This is such a big-stake mess. How many times the sisters are risking their lives to play the roles HY (and maybe Do Il also) is planning.... How many have died in the process just because HY (and maybe Do Il) wanting to "trick" and "trap" the big bad, instead of working together openly to bring them down. Too elaborate a plan and too dragged out a plan. The Oh sisters are just pawns, when a simple exposing of the blue orchid garden is all it takes to bring WSA down. Am I wrong in my understanding of this? 

Mmm, I think exposing the garden is unlikely enough as they needed to give the old man (last one alive and well) enough reason(s) to betray Won Sang Ah. The death of Sang Woo and the mess caused by Park Jae Sang and Won Sang Ah are the reasons.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
On 9/27/2022 at 7:33 PM, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Seeing how there are only 4 episodes left, there's properly not enough time to develop the romance for the sisters. It might just hint at us in the finale that the boys won over their hearts (or in the process to). LOL. Ah well. I guess the show didn't tease/promote their loveline or love scenes so much that I'd be upset if they didn't.

Hahaha yeah this was not a romantic drama in any way really. But then again, I don't think the original Little women book is very romantic either. In fact Jo (In Kyung's equivalent) ends up rejecting her childhood friend...so at least in this version it looks like she has somewhat accepted him with a hug? Or at least hasn't outright rejected him to marry an old man which is what happens in the book :idk:

On 9/27/2022 at 7:33 PM, mademoiselle said:

I think both Park Jae Sang and Won Sang Ah are scary in their own unique ways. Sang Ah seems to be the plotting type (and can wait it out) and stabbed you in the back without knowing. Park Jae Sang seems to be more straight forward in his attack. The thing that I'm really curious about is whether the blue orchid death is related to Sang Ah or Park Jae Sang, or both? Both videos (from the car and the bedroom) suggested both of them were at the crime scene. I think the blue orchid is Sang Ah's signature more than Park Jae Sang but he definitely knows and allows it. I'd think Park Jae Sang might be there to help her staged "her art" because a woman wouldn't be able to lift another woman (when all her weight depended on you) and hang her inside the cupboard.

Oh man, this couple were all sorts of toxic! And I totally agree - it's like backstabbing, snakey Won Sang Ah and violent burte force Park Jae Sang. And then everyone who died for their entertainment or to cover up their crimes! I feel so sorry for their daughter who seems sweet and innocent. How did they manage to raise a child like that?! :nervous:

On 9/27/2022 at 8:00 PM, mademoiselle said:

And omg, lol lol, they went shopping in Korean food mart :laugh:

So much good food in SG and they buys more Korean food. At least they also went to have chilli crab. The actress playing In Hye is there too, so maybe the sisters also went to SG filming...

This is such a waste!!! Malaysia and Singapore have some of the best food in the world, but they just want home food?! :lettalKWA:

On 9/28/2022 at 2:20 AM, ktcjdrama said:

@JenL @Chocolate the color of the drink will not stop me from drinking it when I am dead thirsty. What will stop me instead is the thought of, is it clean? does it belong to someone else? has anyone drank from it already? 😂😂😂 Anyway, in In-Joo’s mind probably ~ hey, this is the place of my bestie... she wouldn’t have spiked the drink for me, right? 🤣

Hahaha. But that drink was so artifically coloured!!! And she didn't even check the cup, so she had no concerns about the cleanliness or whether it was someone else's drink either. It was a bit of a Godilocks moment :laugh:

Also I would not trust a bestie who had been involved in such a complicaed situation before her death not to spike my drink :lol:

• Haha 5

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

19 minutes ago, JenL said:

This is an interesting theory! 

I thought of this too... that he followed WSA to save HY. He knows what his crazy wife will do.

20 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

they needed to give the old man (last one alive and well) enough reason(s) to betray Won Sang Ah. The death of Sang Woo and the mess caused by Park Jae Sang and Won Sang Ah are the reasons.

That is really heavy price to pay, Sang Woo's death... He seems a nice person. And actually, that old man seems easy to be talked into believing things. LOL, he believed JH and Kyung when they came to the school. Then when WSA "recruited" him. :laugh: Oh well...

• Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@JenL Sighhhh, I was so disappointed Jo rejected Laurie and picked that old man! And Laurie ended up marrying Amy. I didn't read the book and don't want to after watching Winona Ryder rejected Christian Bale in the movie version. I mean, Christian Bale for crying out loud! LOL LOL! :lmao2:

Anyway, agree M'sia and SG have so many kinds of food to eat and try but all that made into the kdrama is Kaya toast at a place that most of you said people may not even find. :laugh: For the sake of the tourists who saw this drama, I hope the restaurant(s) do sell Kaya toast, otherwise it'd be misleading and false advertising LOL. Now I just need @Chocolate to confirm if that restaurant Go Eun and staff went to have chilli crab is good. Hahahahaha!

Hyo Rin is such an angel. I took comfort that she genuinely is a nice person and is good to In Hye. So many dramas would make her a bully. I guess Won Sang Ah and Park Jae Sang were at least good enough parents to put her in a bubble and protect her from their evilness. But honestly, as twisted as Won Sang Ah, it's hard not to expose her crazy self in front of her child since she's a baby to be honest. Ah well, nothing in this drama really makes sense anymore so let's just roll with it to the finale because we have a good cast.

I also hope that after this drama, you're not so allergic to Kim Go Eun anymore. As an actress, she was good in her performance. It's just her character that isn't great. LOL.

10 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

That is really heavy price to pay, Sang Woo's death... He seems a nice person. And actually, that old man seems easy to be talked into believing things. LOL, he believed JH and Kyung when they came to the school. Then when WSA "recruited" him. :laugh: Oh well...

I thought he was rather stupid 🙄

He could at least ask Do Il's dad to tag along. The guy is a sniper, he can protect him and he need not have to die to gather that video evidence of Park Jae Sang attacking him.

Ahahahahaha! Everyone is gullible and naive in this drama!

@Chocolate Did you already drop this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
On 10/2/2022 at 5:30 PM, mademoiselle said:

:pandaroar: ARGH~

I'm frustrated with all the characters. Can they not be so dumb when they execute something and anything? And they actually forgot about In Hye before doing all this dumb things against Won Sang Ah and Park Jae Sang, LOLLL I can only laugh... but ok, not like In Hye will willingly go with her sisters anyway because she wouldn't want to leave Hyo Rin alone.

Hahaha This has been my feelings the entire series. Even though I've caught up now and know what has happened up till Episode 11, I still feel like I found all the characters pretty frustrating even when they manage to get themselves out of the situation or you find out there was a bigger scheme going on. I think it's one of those series where you're meant to hate everyone a little bit, as much as you're meant to like them? :heiboi: 

I am highly critical of all of them though, especially In Joo who gets on my nerves. I can't believe it took her till episode 11 to realise that she's being greedy and there are more important things in life than money, which she already had. I wish I could empathise on the proverty front, but aside from the sister who died in the past, I felt like her obsession with money was for really superficial things. It's not like she stole the money to pay rent or buy food, but for ice cream and lip gloss? ...and then the way she tried to justify it when the lawyer was explaining how the court works was very ignorant? Selfish? Not saying he was a good lawyer, but honestly, if every person used her excuses then no one would take responsibility for embezzlements. Ignorance is not an excuse in court :idk:

Good thing In Hye is able to hold her own ground as @Chocolate pointed out. Also I agree with you, of all the sisters, the somewhat cold and aloof In Hye is probably closest to the sister I'd relate to. At least she has brains and is more normal comparatively?

On 10/2/2022 at 7:40 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Yay!! Welcome to the club!! 😄

I have stopped asking this kind of question now. Seriously, if not for the performance of the amazing cast, I would’ve dropped the drama. 

I was tempted to drop several times, but then they hooked me on every plot twist!!! :laugh:

On 10/2/2022 at 11:55 PM, Chocolate said:

Haha, I no longer even want to comment. All I can say is In Joo was saved by Singapore! Because we are a FINE city! 🤣

Hahaha you guys and your rules. I still can't get past the No gum rule to be honest! :lettalKWA:

On 10/3/2022 at 12:08 AM, Chocolate said:

Apart from being fine, Singaporeans also like to complain 😁.

Mmm, I'm noot Singaporean, but I also like to complain. Like my rant above about In Joo :lol:

On 10/3/2022 at 1:49 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'm still not convinced that In-kyung is this amazing journalist that Jong-ho praises her to be. She's persistent, I'll give her that much. But there's something about her dedication to the cause that comes across as zealotry in the extreme. And people get hurt. The only reason why she is able to achieve as much as she does in Episode 10 is because she had a lot of help particularly from Choi Do-il in the most recent episode. And if it wasn't for Park Won-sang who sacrificed himself to reveal the monster behind the man, in such a stark fashion, yeah, In-kyung's efforts would be dead in the water as usual.

On 10/5/2022 at 1:13 AM, abs-oluteM said:

In Kyung's character is probably the one that I least connect with. Which is a shame as I do love Nam Ji Hyun, but IK and her need for justice or whatever just gets on my nerves. Of course it is only right that she exposes the truth but I feel she's way too emotional as a journalist. In Joo , I can understand since that's how she's been like since the start of the show, and I do think I see some growth over the episodes. But I agree she should not be drinking anything blue from now on!

I definitely found In Kyung annoying too in how extreme she was and her inability to just put on a face to get things done. But I feel like I'd rather take her character over In Joo as I had a hard time with her naivety, I'm-the-victim mentality, obsession with money and lack of literacy for most things. Also she'd just blurt out whatever she was thinking to the person who could just kill her? Hmmm, also the villains are a bit lame if I think about it because they could so easily kill others, but they left the 3 sisters alone? Doesn't really make sense :idk:

On 10/5/2022 at 1:13 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Overall the show is interesting - as long as you can suspend belief. Also there's a lot of makjang elements here which makes it hard for me to link this to Louisa M Alcott's book. 

Totally agree - I think of it almost entirely as a different project to the book. It's sooo makjang...more so than most of the things I like watching. But damn those plot twists...I just come back because of them! :lol:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Feeling quite lost while watching ep.11.... maybe I am not invested in the story anymore? Anyway, this drama still does the cliffhanger really well. And Won Sang Ah is a really sick person. 

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm not lost but just WTF, Hwa Young is alive...? How did she fake her own death?  Need a good explanation coz after all, her face is recognisable when she died.

For now, I'm guessing she joined hands with Do Il and went along in playing dead when Won Sang Ah went to kill her (but did she?). We'll find out (hopefully) tonight.

I'm not lost, but this is just soooooooooo makjang! Of course, we need to revive a dead person! :popcorn: I am critical, but I still enjoy thiese cliffhangers where I'm like, wait, WHAAAAAT?! :lettalKWA:

Also totally agree with the punch in the face. I mean, she didnt treat In Joo as a friend. More like a pawn in her game. In a way, she's just a different kind of Won Sang A :idk:

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

The amount of twists & turns in this drama is nuts . Lol . But it did keep me engaged . And of course Choi Do IL saved the day. Thanks to him , In Joo will be not have to be in jail for a long time. Ahh if this isn’t love what is . :smug:

Choi Do Il is the only reason I'm still here. I'm not on the ship coz In Joo annoys me, but I just wanna know if the guy is bad...or badly in love :laugh:

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

This is such a big-stake mess. How many times the sisters are risking their lives to play the roles HY (and maybe Do Il also) is planning.... How many have died in the process just because HY (and maybe Do Il) wanting to "trick" and "trap" the big bad, instead of working together openly to bring them down. Too elaborate a plan and too dragged out a plan. The Oh sisters are just pawns, when a simple exposing of the blue orchid garden is all it takes to bring WSA down. Am I wrong in my understanding of this? :idk:

Nope you are :1000: percent correct

36 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Sighhhh, I was so disappointed Jo rejected Laurie and picked that old man! And Laurie ended up marrying Amy. I didn't read the book and don't want to after watching Winona Ryder rejected Christian Bale in the movie version. I mean, Christian Bale for crying out loud! LOL LOL! :lmao2:

Hahaha I was disappointed too! I mean I hate the childhood romance trope in Kdramas, but in the book it made sense and it didn't make sense that he edned up with Amy?! Ughhh. Haha also Winona Jo made a big mistake rejecting Christian Bale Laurie for sure :laugh:

And that was when he was at the hot young stage too :smug:

38 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Anyway, agree M'sia and SG have so many kinds of food to eat and try but all that made into the kdrama is Kaya toast at a place that most of you said people may not even find. :laugh: For the sake of the tourists who saw this drama, I hope the restaurant(s) do sell Kaya toast, otherwise it'd be misleading and false advertising LOL. Now I just need @Chocolate to confirm if that restaurant Go Eun and staff went to have chilli crab is good. Hahahahaha!

Ah Kaya toast. Which can be found anywhere in Malaysia and Singapore, but least of all in some fancy restaurant. Maybe they just picked it because in my experience a lot of Koreans already seem to know what Kaya is. I was shocked that they ate it with cheese in a cafe I went to. :psweatduck:

41 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hyo Rin is such an angel. I took comfort that she genuinely is a nice person and is good to In Hye. So many dramas would make her a bully. I guess Won Sang Ah and Park Jae Sang were at least good enough parents to put her in a bubble and protect her from their evilness. But honestly, as twisted as Won Sang Ah, it's hard not to expose her crazy self in front of her child since she's a baby to be honest. Ah well, nothing in this drama really makes sense anymore so let's just roll with it to the finale because we have a good cast.

So true! I think the writers would probably justify it as Won Sang Ah enjoyed her secret nature and being fake in front of her child. Also I guess sh only had to treat her as a pet since the housekeepers would look after her. Probably why she grew up relatively normal compared to her psycho parents :MewHi:

44 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I also hope that after this drama, you're not so allergic to Kim Go Eun anymore. As an actress, she was good in her performance. It's just her character that isn't great. LOL.

Hahaha I wish I could say it's changed, but I think it's just been reinforced :laugh: I know shes not her character, but she always seems to pick the exact type of characters I really dislike. And I think it's a combination of naive, unable-to-sense-danger, I'm-the-victim, needs-protection type characters. I mean In Joo in many ways reminds me of her Goblin character too. And maybe she's really good at this role, because I always feel irritated when I watch these characters. :lol:

14 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL, it's almost midnight. What time are you planning to 💤😴 @JenL?

Lately I've not been too bad! 1am? :laugh:

• Haha 5