Little Women 작은 아씨들 [2022]

ktcjdrama

Little Women poll  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Will In Hye betray her sister In Joo?

2. 2. Will In Joo find the Orchid Killer?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/2022 at 01:59 PM

Referring to our poll above... In Hye did not betray In Joo, but I consider her betraying In Kyung (that scene with all the reporters). *rolleyes again* Why does it seem that she hates In Kyung with a passion? I don't see her being like that with In Joo... Because she has to share a room with In Kyung? :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Episodes 2-6

WOW EPISODE 6 CLIFFHANGER :lettalKWA::psweatduck: And Yay! Thanks to the looong weekend I've finally caught up. At first I wasn't sure if I enjoyed the series - it's been a bit of back and forth mainly because I think I'm looking for similarities with the book as an adaptation but also trying to see it as an entirely seperate project. And I was 'meh' about this obsession with money. It's so in your face. Normally I love social commentary and don't have an issue with popular series that focus on this - I'm a big, big fan of Squid Game, loved Parasite...but I found the first 4 episodes of this grating and like super dramatic. BUT by episode 5, things became really  unpredictable and the over-the-top dramatic style makes sense because now you know the deeper darker secrets and there's a few deep layers to play with so I'm settling in. Also there's like a slightly supernatural element with the orchid and that cult-like, illuminati society - it's so spooky and I even had to watch the last part of episode 6 this morning because I was creeped out. Hahaha I feel like the opposite of some of you like @Chocolate who started tuning out this week

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You don't really know who is reliable narrator and who you can trust. I love that all the characters have this very sinister side to them, but then they can present as quite victimised as well...and then every character seems to know a lot about what's going on, but are also playing this against each other with the 3 sisters who are just starting to enter this world. Choi Do-il is very hard to trust, but then again, at least he's also really honest that all he cares about is money. It also seems to be implied that he does care about Oh In Joo since he seems to worry when she's in danger...but she also has his money, so who knows? :idk: But since he's been working wiith that family for a long time, he knows the ins and outs and all the dark secrets of that family, so it feels like In Joo is better off trusting him with a grain of salt than not. You know who I started out disliking heaps, but now appreciate? The mum/ wife Won Sang-A - her fakeness was irritating at fiirst, but then she showed this sad victimised side BUT then might also be an act according to Choi Do-il who also accurately described the sort of actions she pulls on those who work as her assistant?! She laso seems to have this bubbling rage and sense of revenge under the surface and I enjoy the duality :psweatduck:

As for the sisters themselves, I have to say like @ktcjdrama I really don't like any of the sisters (though I think the way they were written was on purpose) :laugh: All of them have such extreme personalities that I wish they would tone down a little because sometimes it feels like they aren't being careful in a world they could easily die in :lol:  In Joo I suppose is meant to be likeable, and sometimes she is, but I also find her very irritating because she just says her suspicions directly to the people she suspects and then acts 'naive' or like grovelling? But maybe I have a bias, as @mademoiselle knows I'm already not a fan of the actress :idk: In Kyung has no chill and although I respect her strong sense of ethics, I find her inability to have people skills to be very irritating - sometimes in order to convince people you need to be flexible, or to use their ways, instead of hardlining and alienate them. Also her inability be strategic is also frustrating. Like maybe find a more foolproof way to take down a person like that??? As for the youngest sister, In Hye, I find her to be very selfish, but that's like the book and also, with her family being this dysfunctional due to money and constantly embarrassing her, I think I understand why she would stick to the rich family. BUT the fact she would cover up a murder and the fact that she seems to think having a murderer for a dad than a poor guy is very problematic and cold, so I also find her dislikeable. What a family :lol:

On 9/16/2022 at 1:10 AM, Alice Wonderland said:

Btw do we get romance here? 🤣 somehow I want the second sister will develop some more feeling with her childhood friend. I like the guys in this dramas, they are all playing evil before so seeing their smiles reminds me of their old cunning character in previous dramas, which I kinda like it. 

Hahaha I thought you said you were sick of romance on another thread! :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 9/17/2022 at 7:28 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I have watched 3.5 episodes and had to come here and rant. I feel stressed watching these 3 sisters.  Of course I empathise that they each have their own demons to fight and a heavy emotional baggage they have to carry , no thanks in part to their parents who have abandoned them in some way. But they are all very naive in their own way  and  I am frustrated at the choices they each make.

Ahhh, so glad we have the same opinions about the sisters. I also find it hard to watch because the characters are such extremes and I feel like I would never act this way even if I was really desperate for money. But I suppose the point of the show is also the emotional baggage :popcorn:

On 9/18/2022 at 2:43 PM, mademoiselle said:

The newest episode is quite thrilling (hmm, I think this is the right word). I like that this episode showed the truth behind the pretense of Park Jae Sang and Won Sang Ah. Not that I don't already know they were faking it but I wanted In Hye to know. I still don't know what In Hye thinks but I hope this open up her eyes. The consolation I took away from this facade is that Hyo Rin is genuinely nice to In Hye. She wasn't "using" In Hye for her talent, or treating In Hye like she's her shadow like what Won Sang Ah is treating In Joo. Like In Joo, I was bothered by her insinuating she took In Hye in like she did with stray cats.

Choi Do Il continues to intrigue me. I still don't trust him and don't want In Joo to trust him, yet I genuinely wish he falls in love with In Joo. Hahaha! But I find it unconvincing someone like him would be attracted to In Joo. She's so gullible and easy to manipulate. Unless he finds that endearing and relaxing being with her since she'll always be predictable by him and he need not worry about being betrayed.

I really like how the story intertwine with all the characters. Now even Great Aunt seems to be connected to General Won. This continues keeping the story interesting and I want to know more.

Back to Hyo Rin. I'm puzzled as to how she "sees" the crime scene. I mean, was she there that night? I find it rather odd that Park Jae Sang would dirty his own hands by doing the killing himself. Logically there's too much at stake for him (election time) that he shouldn't have any dirts on him. Unless he's a serial killer and enjoys killing.

Totally agree with everything here - I think I actually started to get into the drama from episode 5 to be honest because I'm liking how all the threads tie together and are becoming a bit of a claustophobic spider web! As for Choi do il, I agree - I'm like so wary when he's on screen but also charmed? Haha, is @Tofu watching this series since Wi Ha Joon is her oppa? There was this one scene where he was denying that he was in league with In Joo and the way he smiled/ smirked when he said iit was just a fling? That was a look :smug:

Hyo Rin = I don't think she saw the same murder, but maybe another similar one in childhood? :idk: 

• Like 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

9 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I thought you said you were sick of romance on another thread! :laugh:

Yea, I did. But I just wanna see a slight romance here, not that much, this one is too dark so a light romance won't hurt. 🤭

But so far I like the story. Btw who killed their great-aunt?? Do you belive it's IJ? I think she fell asleep because of the orchid and someone sent to their house to kill haelmoni. Poor her, she's the one who brought the murder's signature. 

• Like 6

There is something very cold with In Hye as a person. At first I thought Hyo Rin and the family bullying her. But actually she's the one in control between the two in their friendship. Sometimes she looked normal, but then she will become very cold for her ambition to become artist ? I don't know what to make her at the moment. Actually she scared me the most in this drama lols. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea Her inferiority complex is the reason she is so driven to break away from her family and poor upbringing.  True, In Hye is scary to be like this for someone this young

Some stuff  about how the show has some parallels with the book

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Now that we know Choi Do Il's background, I think we can trust him now 😅... at least this was my thought until the last scene appear. Aish. But, I will still trust him because he was genuinely shaken when In Joo told him she met his mother, and that he hasn't harmed In Joo and her sisters since.

I'm loving this revelation of Do Il and his family's involvement to the club as well albeit I still don't know what this club is all about. I'm guessing something to do with how the NF forums came about in Big Mouth. Also General Won's coma might not be due to sickness but caused by Park Jae Sang for all we know.

Hyo Rin's mother is sick. That little art piece she made when she was young — is it really about her or her projection of what she saw of the last of her own mother?

As for whether Hwa Young is alive or not... have to say maybe perhaps she is! I remember there was a scene where the show told us Hwa Young had plastic surgery and in the preview, In Joo said someone saw her (or she saw someone) look just like her in SG could mean Hwa Young had a plastic surgery and turn herself into In Joo! So creepy. But then who was the woman who was killed then? She'd have to pay the imposter a large sum to make her face into hers to get away with it. So much scheming and mystery from Hwa Young if it's true but I like! Thank god it is only 12 episodes because I think a lot could be omitted in the earlier episodes to make the story tighter :idk:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Fdj-UOBMac-AAVBMV.jpg

picture-in-picture effect and cast about the live action 'Little Women' | stills.

Fdj-UOBSa-AAANUfs.jpg

'source'

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

https://instagram.com/tvn_drama?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

I don't know what to say about the latest episode anymore. 😅

LOL

But there's definitely a part of me that wanted In Joo to pull the trigger and shoot Won Sang Ah for toying with people's life. And bravo to her almost perfectly well-thought out plan. I wonder if In Joo really is affected by the spiked drink (though I think it was replaced with Gatorade/Powerade 😆). Please tell me In Joo decided to trust Do Il and together they staged this against Won Sang Ah. Amen.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
37 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I think it was replaced with Gatorade

Many viewers are not happy with naive In Joo gulping that suspicious blue drink. I wouldn't suspect it being spiked anyway, because there is such a tea. Blue tea, from Butterfly Pea flower. And she was feeling so hot and thirsty from all that walking around Singapore dragging a super heavy luggage filled with you-know-what...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4GrRcrVxeTxlGdJ2tF7m

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love