Little Women 작은 아씨들 [2022]

ktcjdrama

Little Women poll  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Will In Hye betray her sister In Joo?

2. 2. Will In Joo find the Orchid Killer?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/2022 at 01:59 PM

@JenL Some crazy stuff happening right now in the finale 😅

As for Do I'll, he's definitely crazy in love with In Joo but it's so unconvincing why he would 🤣🤣🤣

@abs-oluteM Did you watch Lee Bo Young's Mother? This writer wrote Mother. Was the storyline this nutty in that one?

@JenL I think the makjang level for this is only kindergarten level compared to The Last Empress and Penthouse. This writer is 1000x worst.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@mademoiselle aiyo . This ship .,, what does it mean? 

39 minutes ago, JenL said:

Choi Do Il is the only reason I'm still here. I'm not on the ship coz In Joo annoys me, but I just wanna know if the guy is bad...or badly in love :laugh:

This drama should not hv been called Little Women. It should be “Choi Do iL Saves The Day “ :laugh:

@mademoiselle I didn’t watch Mother. But I believe @ktcjdrama may have ? 

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

WSA is one really S.I.C.K person... but I have to say I'm rather happy what happened to her.

@mademoiselle Mother (the 2018 drama) is really good. I would rate it 10/10. That's one of the reasons why I want to watch this Little Women, apart from all the amazing cast. @abs-oluteM Mother has Son Seok Koo as a support cast. But he plays a baddie.

My quick review after the finale ~ well, ep.12 definitely delivered, more than the previous episodes. Maybe because we get to see the downfall of WSA. And in-action In Joo. The story also comes around to wrap up some loose ends. However, there are some things that is still nagging me... Eg. with the death of both PSJ and WSA, whatever happened to their assets and company when Hyo Rin herself is never in Korea. And this girl is all fine living with her bestie, not caring nor missing her parents, I guess? The arc of the youngest sis In Hye and Hyo Rin, I felt was rather cut off from the whole plot, although they did play a role in getting the money safe because of our MVP. So I fully agree with @mademoiselle that this drama should be called "Choi Do Il Saves The Day" :laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Bah humbug... What an unsatisfying ending! They should have named this show Crazy Women instead of Little Women. It was just one insane moment after another. In-joo with a grenade... *facepalm*

The way the show ended -- yeah, they're definitely gunning for a second series. They are so many things left unresolved and there are still Jeongran Society members running amok. 

So Won Sang-a ended in an acid bath? Are they going to resurrect her for another series and call her Poison Ivy?

• Haha 4

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I realized I didn’t care too much about what happened to the sisters towards the end . Once In Hye left with Ho Rin , I just only wanted to know if Choi Do IL would be ok & it was for his sake that I wanted the romance to sail because he risked his life many times over for In Joo. I’m ok that In Joo isn’t exactly the sharpest tool in the box.  However, I was rather annoyed that  when she was 1st caught , she had thoughts that Do IL would run away with the 70b. She should know by then that if he was after the 70b , he would hv not come back for her at the psychiatric hospital etc.  

And Hwa Young’s explanation & apology to In Joo was rubbish. She made it sound like it was out of love she gave the initial 2b won. But she was using In Joo’s  identity to carry out her plans . That’s chump change for the trouble she gave her . 

@40somethingahjumma @ktcjdrama the writer was trying too hard to create shock value with unending plot twists. However like anything else , there’s diminishing returns with successive use or consumption of the same thing. It came to a point where these twists had no more value. Perhaps that was my biggest issue with the writing . 

• Clapping Hands 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

mb-1665358832189042.jpg

Written By Son Jin Ah, Reporter for MK Sports.

While 'Little Women' ended, 'Little Women' finally got their hands on happiness.

The tvN Saturday drama 'Little Women' (directed by Kim Hee Won, script written by Jeong Seo Kyung, production Studio Dragon) came to an end on the 9th in significant popular acclaim. At the end of a bitter fight, the three sisters who achieved their respective growth left a deep impression and drew praise until the end.

The final episode's viewer ratings recorded an average of 12.0% and a maximum of 14.0% in the metropolitan area, and an average of 11.1% and a maximum of 12.8% in the national standard, breaking their own highs, ranking first in the same time period including cable and full-length dramas, earning a lot of beauty. (Based on Nielsen Korea paid platform)

image-readtop-2022-892720-16653590735191

(Photo = Broadcast Capture)

The story of 'Little Women', which started in the world of the smallest unit of family, has been well received as it leads to a mystery that penetrates the center of society.

The figures of the characters who desire, be wary and need money reflect a variety of perspectives, while providing dynamic fun by creating endless twists and events.

The three sisters find their own answers to the mischievous equation of money, life and happiness. The message shown by their growth added depth to the well-made and decorated the perfect finale.

http://m.mksports.co.kr/drama/view/2022/892720/

• Like 7

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

In-joo with a grenade...

:laugh:If I were Do Il's father, I wouldn't trust this girl with a grenade :nervous:

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

But she was using In Joo’s  identity to carry out her plans .

Actually she doesn't seem to have any more plans after the mistaken death of the other girl. She was leisurely sipping tea in her condo until she realised In Joo could be in trouble and she has to step in... but where was she all these time In Joo was in danger before Singapore trip? She should at least leave some "manual" for In Joo? or maybe she was counting on Do Il... but I myself doubt Do Il knew about her being alive. It's almost like she has no choice but to reappear because of the news she saw. Otherwise, she couldn't be bothered anymore with what's happening in Korea.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@abs-oluteM Word for word. 100%. 

I too was rooting more for Do-il than for the girls. He was always my favourite character anyway. At the least he grounded the entire show for me. The problem with In-joo was that she was unusually silly and gullible even for a not-very-bright sort of 30 year old (or thereabouts). After everything she's been through she was still acting impulsively and stupidly... the grenade notwithstanding. And at the end they left her alone by herself with all that money? Will she be able to hang on to it long before the remnant of the Jeongran Society come after her?

I can write this script.

So what was the point of the courtroom soliloquy? All that stuff about being greedy and deserving of punishment but she gets the lion's share of the 70 billion won anyway? Talk about giving out mixed signals. I never expected anyone to get that money and after that sermon I certainly didn't think she would get a penny. But okay... apparently money more than men can give you happiness. Now she's got an apartment she can be a new woman. Who needs a man, right? 

Whatever...

Frankly I would take that man over the money any time.

There were plenty of things in the final episode that weren't at all necessary. Who cares about General Won's memoir really? And did we care how Sang-a's mother died? Hwa-young's reappearance did nothing for me. The explanation that she gave was ludicrous. Was she ever going to reveal any of this at any time.

It's obvious that Park Sang-jae kept things together for Won Sang-a who was off her rocker the entire time. Once he was out of the picture, she was barely holding it together. Sigh... insanity is now the driver for every K drama antagonist.

I am happy for Jong-ho though. Finally Laurie gets his first choice!

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

:laugh:If I were Do Il's father, I wouldn't trust this girl with a grenade :nervous:

Speaking of which... what happened to the man? 

@abs-oluteM Remember the ending of Woman of 9.9 Billion? That's how I feel right now.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

What was it all about?! Because HY was upset WSA asked her to go Singapore when her mother died? Some society where people willingly just die and for what purpose again? It’s all nonsense.

They divide up the $70B fortune but didn’t leave anything for HY? Without her, they wouldn’t have anything and she is sitting in jail.

What happened to the rich aunt’s fortune? She was in debt when she died but wasn’t IK supposed to be some financial genius?

13 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Frankly I would take that man over the money any time.

Drum roll……. She could have BOTH!!! And both her sisters won’t be in the country anyway 🙄

This show ranks at the same level of Sisyphus for me 😂 And I thought that would be quite hard to beat lol. I don’t know why I watch these dramas to the end 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

This show ranks at the same level of Sisyphus for me 😂 And I thought that would be quite hard to beat lol. I don’t know why I watch these dramas to the end 😭

I ask myself that question every time I watch a makjang that goes off the rails. Thankfully it's only 12 episodes. And at least there was Wi Ha-jun to look at amidst all the stupidity and absurdity.

Frankly Sisyphus made a little bit more sense to me than this one. At least that one had a bit more originality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

5 hours ago, Chocolate said:

LOL, I was just telling @abs-oluteM that this show gave me a deja-vu of Sisyphus. I too thought I shouldn’t meet another drama like that.  At least not this soon... 😆

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Frankly Sisyphus made a little bit more sense to me than this one. At least that one had a bit more originality.

Agree, besides some exaggeration of scenes, it was mostly the ending that left me scratching my head, however people might explain it away. 

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

24ac40fe140648ad6dd8ec1c17adadc1caa2be6f

Actors on the set of “Little Women”  •  snap pictures on beautiful sets lit by their role  • clip

'source'

Spoiler

• Like 5

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

On 10/10/2022 at 11:25 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Speaking of which... what happened to the man? 

Also his mother. What happened to them after the car accident?? He just showed up like that, as if no such thing ever happened. Just a simple MIA...

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Multiple Frames • 'Little Women' Captivating Teaser Video • Stills

'source'

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4

Hahahaha, everyone's comments are so funny and an enjoyable read! 😆 Loved all the "tu-chao".

For me it's better than Sisyphus because I could at least continue watching it rather than dropping. The plot twist does keep you hooked. And there's charming Wi Ha Joon to look forward to and my two ships. I definitely preferred the actors and actresses here than Sisyphus. That drama, even the great Cho Seung Woo couldn't save, and the cinematography was really disappointing.

@ktcjdrama You half-guessed right about In Joo's reaction towards Hwa Young being alive. That push was so damn weak, and she totally soften up after Hwa Young said if she had to leave money behind then she would leave it to In Joo. Pfffft.

The most disappointing part is the writer could have made Hwa Young and Do Il planned this whole thing to bring down the Jeong Ran club. And she did not! Instead she decided to channel the Penthouse's writer by bringing back Hwa Young who was enjoying her new life. It really doesn't make sense because both Won Sang Ah and Choi Do Il know she took up In Joo's identity in SG so how is it that they could not find her?

@Chocolate I do believe there are some people out there wanting to die like that poor lady who got murdered instead. Not that I understand what goes on in her mind but sometimes the weird things that has happened in South Korea really 😲 me.

To be honest I'm not sure any of them should have the money. But then again, for the hell they went through, maybe they do deserve it, except In Hye. What's the justification of her deserving that 1 million? Just because she was intelligent enough to strike a deal with Do Il when he needed to borrow Hyo Rin's Panama account to hide the money? LOL. I also don't understand why Hyo Rin is totally OK supporting her on their "eloping" trip. And if I'm In Hye, my conscience would keep reminding myself I'm leeching off Hyo Rin, and how will I repay her? Hyo Rin sure has a big heart and is super generous. What a good friend. Now where can I find myself a Hyo Rin? Or their relationship arrangement is that Hyo Rin provides the cash and In Hye takes care of her of how to survive in this world? Agree with whoever who has mentioned before about Hyo Rin not returning home with her father's dad and now mother's. And what happens to her assets? I suppose that will get frozen until she returns.

Agree too on the importance of Jeong Ran club's memoir. It somehow didn't reveal anything shocking to me at all. Neither did it reveal anything useful and what was the purpose of this club in the end...? Revenge on the government who abandoned them? If so, evil daddy in City Hunter did a better job than this club in carrying out his revenge. At the end, I am kind of lost with the whole purpose of this club coz there weren't any (powerful) members left in the club since they all were killed. Isn't Won Sang Ah and General Won the last?

Hwa Young is smart. Even though she is in jail but she still has income and shot to fame by exposing the ledger through her app.

Anyway, Wi Ha Joon will return in a new drama against Ji Chang Wook. He'll play a villain this time... so hope to see you guys in that thread next year, hahaha!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Clapping Hands 3
On 10/11/2022 at 6:08 PM, mademoiselle said:

The most disappointing part is the writer could have made Hwa Young and Do Il planned this whole thing to bring down the Jeong Ran club. And she did not! Instead she decided to channel the Penthouse's writer by bringing back Hwa Young who was enjoying her new life. It really doesn't make sense because both Won Sang Ah and Choi Do Il know she took up In Joo's identity in SG so how is it that they could not find her?

Exactly. The logic on how the writer decided to end this show is completely lost on me. 

This was better than Sisyphus for me. The irony is on that one , I didn't even want the romance but they kept shoving it in my throat. LOL

Someone tagged me on this ....I think this more or less sums up my feelings

Wi Ha Joon  has at least 2 dramas next year both with some household names - JCW and Park Seo Joon. But actually I wanted this to happen...though no news yet right?

https://mydramalist.com/40705-que-sera-sera

• Like 1