Little Women 작은 아씨들 [2022]

ktcjdrama

Little Women poll  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Will In Hye betray her sister In Joo?

2. 2. Will In Joo find the Orchid Killer?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/2022 at 01:59 PM

On 9/23/2022 at 10:09 PM, Alice Wonderland said:

Yea, I did. But I just wanna see a slight romance here, not that much, this one is too dark so a light romance won't hurt. 🤭

But so far I like the story. Btw who killed their great-aunt?? Do you belive it's IJ? I think she fell asleep because of the orchid and someone sent to their house to kill haelmoni. Poor her, she's the one who brought the murder's signature. 

Hahaha yeah it's always about finding balance with romance. Can't live with it can't live without it! :idk:

I feel like everyone is going to be a killer by the end of this series either as a villain or in sel defence! :lol:

On 9/23/2022 at 11:22 PM, mademoiselle said:
Oh my, now is this a hint?

They can't not give us some romance in drama now...

Not sure if I'm liking those weird stripes :laugh: But in the book, Teddy and Jo barely had any romance, so not surprised that this drama is just him wistfully following her around while she ignores his feelings!

On 9/24/2022 at 11:31 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

There is something very cold with In Hye as a person. At first I thought Hyo Rin and the family bullying her. But actually she's the one in control between the two in their friendship. Sometimes she looked normal, but then she will become very cold for her ambition to become artist ? I don't know what to make her at the moment. Actually she scared me the most in this drama lols. 

In Hye has a very souless look in this series! I'm surprised because she looked kinda typical kiddy teen and derpy when she was the lead in All of Us are Dead :idk:

On 9/25/2022 at 12:25 AM, abs-oluteM said:

@SilverMoonTea Her inferiority complex is the reason she is so driven to break away from her family and poor upbringing.  True, In Hye is scary to be like this for someone this young

Some stuff  about how the show has some parallels with the book

I think it's still a certain type of personality - like some people grow up in the same environment and it makes them even more mpathetic to the poor. But In Hye seems more hungry, which is another type of personality :nervous:

Still she's not so bad having just watched eps 7-8

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

What this show always does well is the cliffhanger :shocked:

And pleased to introduce to you the Blue Truck-of-Doom, from Singapore :yayaya:

Agreed! It seems Koreans are unable to escape the truck of doom in any country :shocked:

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Many viewers are not happy with naive In Joo gulping that suspicious blue drink. I wouldn't suspect it being spiked anyway, because there is such a tea. Blue tea, from Butterfly Pea flower. And she was feeling so hot and thirsty from all that walking around Singapore dragging a super heavy luggage filled with you-know-what...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4GrRcrVxeTxlGdJ2tF7m

HAHAHA ME!!! I was like, "Hello?!?! That drink is the same colour as the blue orchid?!?!" :lettalKWA::lettalKWA::lettalKWA:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Episodes 7-8

This series has some really great and super dramatic plot twists! :lettalKWA::lettalKWA::lettalKWA: And even though sometimes you can kind of see it happening (ie. it seemed suss that Won Sang A would have things going on in Singapore as well), you still don't see the whole picture till the reveal.) And I think it's doing a good job at psychological thriller coz you just don't know who to trust or if In Joo is even in her right mind or hallucinating. I have to say I kind of can't blame In Joo for not trusting Choi do il (if that is really what happened) because it was so uncanny that the things in the note came true - like the issue occuring. :shocked: Butttt...it could be that they both teamed up to fool that scary woman :heiboi:

I don't know who I find scarier - Won Sang A or her husband. But they sure deserve each other since they're both pretty psychotic and selfish. I just feel sorry for Hyo Rin :letalQQ: (if there's no plot twist about her being evil too ) Maybe it's good that In Hye is obsessed with their family so Hyo Rin has a friend. But also, is anyone stressed whenever Park Jae Sang has a private conversation with In Hye? I feel like she could have been killed multiple times already like when they were at the top of the building!!!  :psweatduck:

Some other thoughts about the sisters, especially In Hye and the idea of wealth- In a weird way, I kind of view this whole family as being overly obsessed with money because even though they are definitely not well off, I feel like they're still better off than a lot of people?They at least have a home (or can pay rent), afford education, clothes and food for 3 children to get up to adulthood. A lot of people in the world are homeless or poor to the point they can't eat for days on end. And that would really make you do anything for money. But with this family, I don't know if I can whholeheartedly agree with their intentions for wealth-chasing-  It's true they had that incident in childhood and not being able to afford healthcare would traumatise you and make you feel insecure. But the obsession with money isn't really about necessities and making sure everyone is safe and provided for- like In Joo thinks about spending it on luxury items as well and In Hye wants to study aboard at some fancy school and that's what makes them feel poor? Their attitudes towards money are not just about security, but seem to be a somewhat toxic obsession...because there's a place where you can be not poor and not rich, but comfortable...however, it feels like they want to be the 1% type of rich???  :idk:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I just feel sorry for Hyo Rin :letalQQ: (if there's no plot twist about her being evil too ) Maybe it's good that In Hye is obsessed with their family so Hyo Rin has a friend. But also, is anyone stressed whenever Park Jae Sang has a private conversation with In Hye? I feel like she could have been killed multiple times already like when they were at the top of the building!!!  :psweatduck:

My exact feelings above!

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I kind of view this whole family as being overly obsessed with money because even though they are definitely not well off, I feel like they're still better off than a lot of people?They at least have a home (or can pay rent), afford education, clothes and food for 3 children to get up to adulthood.

I agree. Their view towards money are skewed in some ways and rather extreme. I also think one should just find that right balance of living instead of being obsessed with becoming rich. It’s all about the choice of lifestyle. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Hahaha this is fot the Singaporeans in this thread:

On 9/19/2022 at 2:43 AM, Chocolate said:

That's my first thought too! It is Singapore - that "grand building" they were facing is the Asian Civilisation Museum. So they were at Raffles Place/Boat Quay area. That is a stretch of  restaurants along the river but I didn't think any would be selling kaya toasts too. I mean, the restaurant will fold since kaya toasts costs just a few dollars and the rental there is very high. Plus the restaurant looks like it has nice decor too. Will update if I walk past one day - @SilverMoonTea do you happen to know? 😆

On 9/19/2022 at 10:30 PM, ktcjdrama said:

That's SG for sure. Boat Quay, but like @Chocolate said, I doubt any restaurant over there serve Kaya Toast. They're mainly pubs and bars that came alive only after the sun sets. The white building orange roof is surely there. But not the apartment building that In Joo wanted to live in. Mostly office/commercial buildings around that area. 

I forgot to say how much I appreciated your analysis on whether it was realistic to have restaurants in the area selling Kaya toast :laugh:

I'm not sure if you guys have experienced this, but Koreans really like Kaya toast in my experiences?! I once when to a cool quirky cafe in the countryside about 2 hours outside of Seoul and they served Kaya toast with cheese! It was strange! :lettalKWA: But also I've been asked about Kaya a lot whenever I mention Malaysia.

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I agree. Their view towards money are skewed in some ways and rather extreme. I also think one should just find that right balance of living instead of being obsessed with becoming rich. It’s all about the choice of lifestyle. 

Well said! I do think they're chasing this elusive lifestyle which will always make them feel poor :heiboi:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Ep7-8 is much better. At least the story is getting interesting.

19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Please tell me In Joo decided to trust Do Il and together they staged this against Won Sang Ah. Amen.

Oh, this would be such a good idea! Do you think the chances are high? She's not been the brightest so I seriously doubt In Joo alone can think of replacing the money with bricks.

19 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Many viewers are not happy with naive In Joo gulping that suspicious blue drink. I wouldn't suspect it being spiked anyway, because there is such a tea. Blue tea, from Butterfly Pea flower. And she was feeling so hot and thirsty from all that walking around Singapore dragging a super heavy luggage filled with you-know-what...

Me too! I was exactly like @JenL - the drink is blue and people are being killed by blue orchids. Use your brain please! Tap water in Singapore is drinkable!!! 😂

17 hours ago, JenL said:

But also, is anyone stressed whenever Park Jae Sang has a private conversation with In Hye? I feel like she could have been killed multiple times already like when they were at the top of the building!!!

Haha yes. But In Hye holds her own. In the car, she point blank told PJS that she hopes Hyorin would betray her family because they are "killing" her. So it is quite clear that she is also not on PJS's side - he should be wary about using her. She sticks to the family because she knows she can grow from there (and she really is friends with Hyorin), but she is also not kowtowing to their wealth. Of course, she knows her place, but when asked, she speaks objectively. She's mature and resourceful for her age. Of the 3 sisters, I like her best.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@JenL Seeing how there are only 4 episodes left, there's properly not enough time to develop the romance for the sisters. It might just hint at us in the finale that the boys won over their hearts (or in the process to). LOL. Ah well. I guess the show didn't tease/promote their loveline or love scenes so much that I'd be upset if they didn't.

I think both Park Jae Sang and Won Sang Ah are scary in their own unique ways. Sang Ah seems to be the plotting type (and can wait it out) and stabbed you in the back without knowing. Park Jae Sang seems to be more straight forward in his attack. The thing that I'm really curious about is whether the blue orchid death is related to Sang Ah or Park Jae Sang, or both? Both videos (from the car and the bedroom) suggested both of them were at the crime scene. I think the blue orchid is Sang Ah's signature more than Park Jae Sang but he definitely knows and allows it. I'd think Park Jae Sang might be there to help her staged "her art" because a woman wouldn't be able to lift another woman (when all her weight depended on you) and hang her inside the cupboard.

@Chocolate I think the chances are high. She can't speak English so I really can't imagine after being in an accident, she has the energy to walk around with Google Translator asking "Where can I buy some bricks in Singapore?" 😆 In Joo has been so naive, dumb and gullible in this whole drama.

LOL, good to know tap water is drinkable in SG. But I'm Asian, so I must still boil it first 😂

In Hye - I was worried when Park Jae Sang brought her onto the top of the building. LOL! My inner OS was "Don't follow byentae ahjussi to strange places! You might get raped!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Kim Go Eun's V-log: Trip to Singapore

I've to ask how many days she is filming there because I'm so not the type that'll take out all my clothes and stuff from the luggage. It stresses me out she made a mess taking them all out xD

And omg, lol lol, they went shopping in Korean food mart :laugh:

So much good food in SG and they buys more Korean food. At least they also went to have chilli crab. The actress playing In Hye is there too, so maybe the sisters also went to SG filming...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Woah, I don't recognise any of the places she went to in the VLog (apart from where she filmed). I need to get out more! 😂

There were news reports when they were filming in Singapore. So if you were interested, I guess you could rush down and perhaps watch them. But since it was not Hyun Bin, I didn't bother 🤣

50 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I think both Park Jae Sang and Won Sang Ah are scary in their own unique ways.

It would be great to watch WSA bring down PJS. Wonder if that's on the cards.

• Haha 5
  • Awesome 1

@JenL @Chocolate the color of the drink will not stop me from drinking it when I am dead thirsty. What will stop me instead is the thought of, is it clean? does it belong to someone else? has anyone drank from it already? 😂😂😂 Anyway, in In-Joo’s mind probably ~ hey, this is the place of my bestie... she wouldn’t have spiked the drink for me, right? 🤣

I don’t recognize that apartment too. But then again, soooo many new apartment buildings in Singapore now, and still building. Was just there in July. 
ETA: I found the condominium! Haha, it’s called Corals at Keppel Bay. 

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm so not the type that'll take out all my clothes and stuff from the luggage.

I used to be like that, but not anymore. Now I take out everything and hang my clothes out to prevent them become more wrinkly. And I have to repack my luggage anyway, after all the shopping 😁

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 9/28/2022 at 2:20 AM, ktcjdrama said:

I used to be like that, but not anymore. Now I take out everything and hang my clothes out to prevent them become more wrinkly. And I have to repack my luggage anyway, after all the shopping

Come to think of it, not all places have closet. The last two countries I visited, they don't have closets. I think even if they do, I'd just lock everything in my luggage apart from passport.

===

I was watching random videos on weibo and came across the variety show of the actress playing Hwa Young. She's married to a Chinese actor, so she can speak fluent Mandarin too although the pronunciation is not as accurate as Go Eun's Mandarin.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

tumblr-3bc99e2b5cd410af56fd8965b52c4c9b-

My Daily Reporter Lee Seung Rok.

"La Vie"… SOLE sang 'Little Women' OST Part 2.

202209301001891115-1.jpg

[Photo = Provided by CJ ENM]

Singer SOLE participated in 'Little Women' OST. The cable channel tvN's Saturday drama 'Little Women' (directed by Kim Hee Won, written by Jeong Seo Kyung & production Studio Dragon) will release the second OST, 'La Vie' by SOLE at 6 p.m on the 2nd of October.

SOLE's 'La Vie' is a song about emotions and life which both are sad and beautiful. it representing the overall image of 'Little Women', known one's thoughts with the recent unpredictable feelings and dense double-track.

'a link from a source'

https://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=202209301001891115#PL2

• Like 4

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

'Little Women' running and quickly builds up an effectively mysterious atmosphere • teaser trailer • clip

'source'

Spoiler

• Like 4

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan