My Man Is Cupid 내 남자는 큐피드 [2023-2024]

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Good question I didn't noticed it seems other girl, as the one found by the mom is not bloody. Or is it same girl? I wasn't too sure either. 

I think it is another girl. The one with the mum doesn't have blood on the floor, whereas this one does.

The police seems have problem with their umbrella record

The Shop missed a page when they fax to the police, but they still miss FL. I'm thinking maybe hers is not real edition and a fake.

Yes the concept becoming a bit confusing for me too. Cupid seems needed to connect the red thread, but they can't anyhow shoot anyone too. Which the rule become a bit unclear even for them too, isn't it?

They seem to only shoot the arrow at those whom red threads are connected. Sang Hyuk himself said their arrows only helps add passion, the effect doesn't last. But they might meet someone who is strong in mind, and that ended up being him. I just thought Cupids were there to help people fall in love all this time. LOL.

And our cupid actually quite questionable, he seems doesn't really know all the basic romance stuff 😂 Or is it just when it's applied to him, he became blur? 

Do you think Baek Ryeon's past life is that court maid? I thought she is the one linked to Sang Hyuk all this time, but it didn't make sense why she didn't have any red thread on her and that she committed a huge sin.

Yes, he is a bit of a blur. I thought he had another budding romance 20 years ago with that girl student (the one got killed), so ideally shouldn't be so clueless.

• Like 1

Episode 5 is a good episode. First, I was laughing hard for the part where Sang Hyuk sent her a good-looking man, and she rejected with the excuse he doesn't look like Won Bin, Hyun Bin or Jo In Sung. Jo In Sung was on a TVCF, and Sang Hyuk really is considering pairing Jo In Sung with her. I just love how serious he is about this.:lmao2:

Then, the show got serious. Turns out, we might be dealing with a serial killer, and this serial killer could be the same one from 1993. I enjoyed the serious atmosphere and built-up tension as Sang Hyuk shared what he knows about the 1993 murder cases. The serial killer kills the women prosecuting them with Joseon's 7 sins for women. He hasn't finished.

Meanwhile, Oh Baek Ryeon finally completed the 1000th hikes. The last one was quite thrilling since the killer was following her. Both men ran to the mountain to save her. The detective got to her first, but she looked disappointed. Detective and Baek Ryeon are the fated one reconnecting. However, I feel it's a bit late because Baek Ryeon has fallen for Sang Hyuk.

Sang Hyuk got to the cliff late, so he meets Samshin instead. Samshin warned him not to open his heart to a woman, and that he'll never be able to love. Why is Samshin so hard on our Sang Hyuk? Even Cupids deserve to love and be loved, no? Sang Hyuk tries to attack Samshin, but only he gets hurt. Did Samshin remove his wings, or it just disappears as a sign of he's no match to Samshin. That's the confusing part for me. If it is clipped, his Cupid buddies won't be happy about this.

Although the ending isn't a cliffhanger, but argh, I really want to know who Baek Ryeon choose to take her home!

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Episode 5 is a good episode. First, I was laughing hard for the part where Sang Hyuk sent her a good-looking man, and she rejected with the excuse he doesn't look like Won Bin, Hyun Bin or Jo In Sung. Jo In Sung was on a TVCF, and Sang Hyuk really is considering pairing Jo In Sung with her. I just love how serious he is about this.:lmao2:

Then, the show got serious. Turns out, we might be dealing with a serial killer, and this serial killer could be the same one from 1993. I enjoyed the serious atmosphere and built-up tension as Sang Hyuk shared what he knows about the 1993 murder cases. The serial killer kills the women prosecuting them with Joseon's 7 sins for women. He hasn't finished.

Meanwhile, Oh Baek Ryeon finally completed the 1000th hikes. The last one was quite thrilling since the killer was following her. Both men ran to the mountain to save her. The detective got to her first, but she looked disappointed. Detective and Baek Ryeon are the fated one reconnecting. However, I feel it's a bit late because Baek Ryeon has fallen for Sang Hyuk.

Sang Hyuk got to the cliff late, so he meets Samshin instead. Samshin warned him not to open his heart to a woman, and that he'll never be able to love. Why is Samshin so hard on our Sang Hyuk? Even Cupids deserve to love and be loved, no? Sang Hyuk tries to attack Samshin, but only he gets hurt. Did Samshin remove his wings, or it just disappears as a sign of he's no match to Samshin. That's the confusing part for me. If it is clipped, his Cupid buddies won't be happy about this.

Although the ending isn't a cliffhanger, but argh, I really want to know who Baek Ryeon choose to take her home!

So the 2 sins left are disease and jealousy right? But maybe its not applied to BR as the culprit just want to kill her for being a witness. 

The bantering in the police office was so cute. The detective all so engaged to the drama between the three. JDY really so lovely and manly here. My heart fluttering a lot for the interaction between SH and BR. 

• Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@ktcjdrama @abs-oluteM @Tofu @gilaswan @Alice Wonderland @Chocolate @JenL @UnniSara Guys, I've never seen our@SilverMoonTea sell a drama this hard, even using the friendship card. Can you guys check this out and tell me how/what/why it rocks her boat? I am still trying to figure out. Hahahaha! :laugh:

There, Tea, I've helped. Now it's all on you to watch it till the end!

Wow pulled all the JH full forces :cool:

Call some more : @LaLa@ssteph @40somethingahjumma@peperomia 😂

Ep 6 also hella fun @mademoiselle, the dog make commotion again and now she got introduced to the other cupid member. 

And how lovely he become her food tester, and super hyper vigilant at everything. Pretty sure all her friends will be annoyed by now 😅

Seems she's the reincarnation of the maid court. 

• Haha 5

Daeng Chil/Dong Chil is such a menace. It was pretty funny how they all freak out with him eating chocolate. I actually forgot chocolate is bad for dogs, too.

@SilverMoonTea At first, I didn't understand what you meant by he became a food tester. After seeing, I now understand and yes, it was funny. He was so overboard with it all.

My favourite part, though, is when they are at the Animal Hospital and she was treating his wounds. The part where she tells him how she observed the animals and their eyes, and he was the same—his body kept going to her and so were his eyes always looking at her. Then and there he was looking at her intently, and he didn't deny any of that. At that moment, I felt a little sad that why Samshin wouldn't let him love.

The crime mystery part kept the show engaging as well. I was like, "OMG, you two, don't go out!" And other scene where I see Sang Hyuk only drop them off, I'll be like, "Walk her to the apartment door! She could still get kidnap on the way there!"

The crime reminded me of Signal's crimes. I enjoy a crime such as this. The mystery of missing persons and the unsolved mysteries of why or how the killer stop and why it all started again. But, why he punishes the women for adultery only? He should also punish the men for adultery. Tsk!

• Heart Eyes 1
1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

My favourite part, though, is when they are at the Animal Hospital and she was treating his wounds. The part where she tells him how she observed the animals and their eyes, and he was the same—his body kept going to her and so were his eyes always looking at her. Then and there he was looking at her intently, and he didn't deny any of that. At that moment, I felt a little sad that why Samshin wouldn't let him love.

The way he just sit obediently on the table also just super cute. The detective previously saying is he an animal or dog and there he is, looking like a puppy 🐶

4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

The crime mystery part kept the show engaging as well. I was like, "OMG, you two, don't go out!" And other scene where I see Sang Hyuk only drop them off, I'll be like, "Walk her to the apartment door! She could still get kidnap on the way there!"

I found it funny that he's just confidently embed himself into her social circle whether with her collagues or her housemate and without proper explanation to start with too 😂. He even scolded Dora openly (we finally knew her friend name too 😅

• Haha 1

It’s been a relatively slow watch for me. I’ve watched 2.5 episodes so far. I’m not sure I get why he and the other 3 are trapped on earth and why they’ve made him as good as slave to them. He cooks for them, cleans for them, and it looks like he’s earning human dollars for them too.

So it was wrong of him to intervene in the life of a human 500 years ago? Is that right? That much I guessed. But his Cupid friends were there to shoot a love arrow at a scene of conflict? Is that why they got caught up with getting all their wings burned too? And they’re allowed to date humans?? Or not? Cos Doggie has been dating ya? Story progression is a bit choppy and odd. I feel like I need to fill in many blanks on my own.

Mr Detective also kinda popped out of nowhere to suddenly become interested in Ms Vet. And why does he find Cupid familiar? Can’t be the CCTV reel, right? They couldn’t see Cupid’s face.

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, gilaswan said:

So it was wrong of him to intervene in the life of a human 500 years ago? Is that right? That much I guessed.

He wasn't even intervening... It was because he got shot by his own arrow that he started developing feelings for that girl. That's what I understood. So it's like he's got no choice but to fall in love?

5 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Mr Detective also kinda popped out of nowhere to suddenly become interested in Ms Vet. And why does he find Cupid familiar?

Seems to me that like many other men at the clinic, Mr Detective got smitten in Ms Vet based on her looks. As for finding Cupid familiar, I think it's the past life memory emerging in his current memory? I'm not sure. 

One of the things that I find boring was that so too many scenes of the ML and FL talking/arguing back and forth. And they just stood facing each other and talked. Then with her roommate, it's usually them talking at their dining table. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@mademoiselle @SilverMoonTea @ktcjdrama

OK. I’m finally all caught up (took leave today so I binged through last night till this morning).

This is what I think I have gleaned and guessed so far:

1. Oh Baek-ryeon’s name is always mispronounced as “oh baek nyeon” cos that’s who she is - the reincarnated palace girl over 500 years. The grave sin she committed was a “joseon era sin” because (and I’m guessing here) that as a palace girl, her allegiance must always be to the King and not anyone else, yet she dares to desire love of another man (whoever that would have been) and she wanted to tell the prince (Det Seo back then) that there was a plot against him. But Det Seo as Daegun was being pulled in then in a plot to commit high treason. All grave sins of the time. 

2. Cheon Sang Hyuk aka Mr Cupid is the oldest and most powerful of the 4 cupids. I assume they are all the cupids there are and they work as a team, so when CSH fell, the other 3 got implicated somehow. Why Dong-chil became a dog is still unclear to me - guess I’ll have to back watch to episode one if I want to look up the reason again, but no matter. It’s for comedic effect that he’s a dog. CSH needs to run through 29 iterations on earth before they all regain their wings and can return to the heavenly realm. We call them “cupid” as per western mythology, but it would seem for the sake of this show, they’re regarded as faeries in Korean mythology and not angels. 

3. Even though CSH is the leader of the cupid group, he has been making amends for the last 500 years by essentially being the housemaid for the other 3 “Dongs” - Dong-Gu, Dong-Chil, Dong-Pal. 

4. Yoo Chung Ah is probably one of the reincarnations of the Palace Maid, and CSH has not been able to shake off his involvement with her over the centuries. Each time he gets involved, they have a tragic end, which was probably what happened to Chung Ah who just got caught up in the Joseon Sins of Women case even though she was not one of those who committed a sin. 

5. The tension between the cupids (or at least “head cupid Cheon Sang Hyuk”) and Samshin is their view of fate/destiny vs the interference of passion. Cupid clearly holds onto the maxim, “It’s better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all,” which seems to be a sentiment that Samshin frowns upon. His is about the passage of time that needs to be respected and adhered to. They’re not in the same camp and unfortunately for the faeries, Samshin is the one with greater control and influence over human lives, and it would seem, faerie lives too. (Interesting that Samshin this time is a man).

What I remain curious about - how is it Det Seo’s boss Dae-sik seems to know the secret that CSH is an immortal? Clearly he knows he has not aged from the time he took on the persona of a police officer to try to crack the missing persons case. 

Also, Det Seo is clearly the one Samshin has destined Ms Vet for. He appeared on her 1000th visit to the mountain. How will this pan out once Cupid realises she’s the reincarnation of the palace maid? I’m not sure who I’m rooting for now, though at this moment I’m leaning more towards Det Seo. 

• Insightful 3

@gilaswan Dong Chil became a dog (punished by Samshin, I presumed) because he was the one who shot the arrow. There was a scene at the palace during daytime where Sang Hyuk was in Joseon attire (not as Cupid), Detective Seo was in King's robe and a woman (whom I think is the Queen).

The other 2 might have been punished along with Sang Hyuk, either because they sided him or they were accomplice. The full story hasn't been told yet.

I think Sang Hyuk's punishment also includes not opening up his heart to any female humans. He opened up his heart to Yoo Chung Ah, and she was murdered. Your theory about Chung Ah being a reincarnation of the maid and to Oh Baek Ryun is plausible too.

Dae Sik knew probably the same way how Love Room knew. Maybe Sang Hyuk saved him in the past. Again, we haven't been told their backstory. One thing I was quite puzzle is when Dae Sik tells the story of the unresolved murder case to Detective Seo, the "detective" in his story was played by Sang Hyuk.

I'm rooting for Sang Hyuk and Baek Ryun. She may be destined with Detective Seo, but in this life, she has fallen for Sang Hyuk and that's without any Cupid's arrow.

Is it still not good? I like it as a light watch and do like the mystery of the murder bit, especially when Sang Hyuk spelled out about the Joseon 7 sins. Other than that, don't put too much expectation in it. Hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1