Flower of Evil 악의 꽃 [2020]

I just finished the newest episode! Waaaah. Intenseee but informative.

Initially I thought Hae Soo framed Hyun Soo by giving him the keychain.

Then that was debunked by Hyun Soo himself when he told Crazy Man someone gave it to Hae Soo.

Suddenly we have a witness + another suspect that's not Do Min Seok! The twist!

From the voice, it was a grown man so definitely not Hyun Soo.

It's not Do Min Seok too because he was with Hyun Soo when Jung Min Sook was kidnapped.

A week later after Jung Min Sook's missing, Do Min Seok died.

Now it all seems like Do Min Seok was murdered and framed to be the serial killer instead.

The cassette tape - who do you think was humming? I'd like to think it was Hyun Soo's Mom. We never got told about his Mom and it seems like it was a gift from Hae Soo when Hyun Soo reached the height where they marked the tree...

I was gonna tag Unnisara to make gifs for the broad shoulder, haha, now no need...fans already excited and made some! NO complaint if there's more hotness xD

Hmm, what else, ohh awww at his daughter bonding with cranky, fake grandma. Her heart is definitely softening there. Kekeke.

Another thing is, if Ji Won can install a GPS in the phone, she should also install another chip that can eavesdrop on him! Just sayin', but yeah I know I know...~ writer will have nothing to show us if that's the case. Overall another good episode.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Another thing is, if Ji Won can install a GPS in the phone, she should also install another chip that can eavesdrop on him! Just sayin', but yeah I know I know...~

My exact thoughts when I saw that scene!! In fact, I thought she installed a listening device instead of a location tracker before they showed it was the latter LOL. 

Dang this episode was so intense! (I feel like I have this same thought after every ep😂) Especially when they visited the old murder scene... I loved the background track - eerie vibes x1000! Thank goodness Do Min Seok's ghost didn't appear cos the actor with the fully black pupils gives me the creeps. I cover my screen every time he comes up.

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Initially I thought Hae Soo framed Hyun Soo by giving him the keychain.

Then that was debunked by Hyun Soo himself when he told Crazy Man someone gave it to Hae Soo.

Suddenly we have a witness + another suspect that's not Do Min Seok! The twist!

Me too I thought the sis was suspect... Now I'm not so sure. My head hurts trying to think after a long work day, so I'll just enjoy the drama and not think too much. Wait for the show to reveal everything 😆

Edited by im0202
  • Like 4
On 8/20/2020 at 11:50 PM, im0202 said:

Thank goodness Do Min Seok's ghost didn't appear cos the actor with the fully black pupils gives me the creeps. I cover my screen every time he comes up.

Tell me about it! I didn't cover the screen but I sure hate it whenever they show him. Luckily these days he's a normal hoo-man again in the flashback.

On E8:

I really wonder who the accomplice is. I don't want it to be certain nobody that pop up out of no where. I want it to be someone we know but NEVER suspect.

If we were to suspect characters that had already appeared, I thought maybe the boss of Ji Won, but then he's too young. Could it be the Chinese restaurant (old) chef? Doesn't seem like it either...?

I'm very curious why Hyun Soo suffocates at the end and then becomes ok again. I was fully anticipating him to pass out. Damnit!

Because Hyun Soo doesn't know himself... I now want to see him the moment he realises he's in love with Ji Won. I think it will be an interesting scene, and it will also be angsty. I welcome some angst as long as it's not overdone.

This episode is not as intense as the previous or earlier episodes.

• Like 3

Yay! I am loving this drama so far.

Who might be Do Min Seok's accomplice?

Spoiler

The voice seems to be someone old. And the background noise seems like to be the sound the machine(attached) to Baek Hee Song is making. So is the "new" dad the accomplice? So there's an another reason the doctor allowed Do Hyun Su living as BHS.

But it is not possible that BHS was already in comatose when the recording of the accomplice was made, right. Or maybe it was in the hospital and similar sound was made. My thoughts are everywhere. HAHAHAHA.

Reporter Moo Jin's character is a breath of fresh air for this intense, electrifying drama. He is cute and funny. Lol. Glad that he is slowly understanding DHS.

And Do Hyun Su, you love your wife, Cha Ji Won. You just dont know it, yet 🥰

• Like 4

In the strong Tower, I take refuge.

-----------------------------------

So far my top 2020 K-Dramas are 1. Hospital Playlist 2. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season Two 3. CLOY 4. IONTBO

Thanks @abovewalls for camping ! Looking forward to your gifs 😍

@-StrongTower- surely the Baek fam has a pretty can of worms in their house. When Hyun Soo woke up Hee Sung was already in a coma based on the gauze the dad was holding when he saw Hyun Soo tried to escape.

And when Baek omma was hysterical after seeing Eunha answering math questions . “This would kill you and your mom!”

Moojin is cute but I also doubt his intentions 😂

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Hello.. just done ep 4. Slow watching here. 😄

So I find this interesting a suspect killer with sociopath team up with sneaky reporter. I get nervous whenever BSH/DHY is about to get caught. Hahaha. Seriously. I shouldn't be like this. But I really wish that his wife won't never get him. The culprit is someone else. 

The scary ahjussi with dead black eyes. 😲 he is so scary!! Is he his father DMS?? I am so curious when he said to KMJ that the scary ahjussi is afraid of JW and couldn't come to get him. I bet is this kind of his trauma and JW is the one who becomes his safety pin. 

Okay. I might get more answers or more riddles later. So I'll keep watching the rest asap. 

• Haha 5
12 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

The scary ahjussi with dead black eyes. 😲 he is so scary!! Is he his father DMS?? I am so curious when he said to KMJ that the scary ahjussi is afraid of JW and couldn't come to get him. I bet is this kind of his trauma and JW is the one who becomes his safety pin. 

The director knows how to insert horrific images even if he said this is a melodrama 😄 . However it serves the purpose on how much trauma DHS had because of the past. No wonder he risked to lie to Jiwon in order not to go back to do hyun soo anymore. 

--- 

Moon Chae Won's new behind the scenes . I really like her hairstyle in this drama 😍

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

@Darkarcana you're also watching? I'm not in that ep yet. So I'll see it why he said that and comment. 🤔

53 minutes ago, bluepebbles said:

The director knows how to insert horrific images even if he said this is a melodrama 😄 . However it serves the purpose on how much trauma DHS had because of the past. No wonder he risked to lie to Jiwon in order not to go back to do hyun soo anymore. 

I ever encounters some people who have opinions that if he turns good character in the end the story turns the same old and all. But I like the idea. He can be flaw and evil in the past but as how much I see him so far. He tries his best to live normal. Too bad the people around him doesn't want it and they keep poking into his pasts and threat him. He's feeling insecure. But I see he always can stop at the last moment to wants to kill them. 

• Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
6 hours ago, Darkarcana said:

Aw man...He said that he didn’t love her at all.....

My heart broke for Jiwon at that part too...

But then I was just like “Nooo Hyunsoo you do love her, you just don’t know it yet!” 
It’s obvious from his actions that he does. I’m not sure he said that because he doesn’t understand his emotions and feelings, or that he does understand but is in denial/ pretending in front of his sister?

@-StrongTower- I like the KMJ character too! He helps balance things out else the drama is just so tense and dark. I like all the scenes between him and DHS. They are just the unlikeliest of pairings but so fun to watch.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
8 hours ago, im0202 said:

My heart broke for Jiwon at that part too...

But then I was just like “Nooo Hyunsoo you do love her, you just don’t know it yet!” 
It’s obvious from his actions that he does. I’m not sure he said that because he doesn’t understand his emotions and feelings, or that he does understand but is in denial/ pretending in front of his sister?

It seems like Hyunsoo does not really know how to identify emotions, as once again shown when he finally met Hae Soo.  The writer had introduced his possible diagnosis in episode 7 but I think his case will be unfolded gradually throughout the series. 

It was also interesting as @abovewalls pointed out on twitter that the plot did not indicate that Hyunsoo is a psychopath. It was the people around him had branded him based on episodes 1-2. 

In episode 6, after Ji Won discovered that Heesung was Hyunsoo, she debunked what the wife of the restaurant chef said that Hyunsoo is a psychopath. I really like that line from Ji Won as the curtain scene because it was highlighted the premise that people judge him as a psychopath due to alleged accomplice in the serial murders. 

Hyunsoo on the other hand, displays signs of alexithymia. gunman on twitter pointed out:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor