Under The Queen's Umbrella 슈룹 [2022]

wink_

35 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I had to re-read this several times. For a moment, I thought @ktcjdrama was a sex-ed tutor! 🤣

Let me rephrase to avoid misunderstanding...

I go by the approving smile of the sex-ed tutor who was standing in front of their chamber :smug:

• Haha 6

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Im a little disappointed that Master Toji is part of the conspiracy against the king. 

Although, maybe he will change his mind because he was surprised when Kwon 

admitted that he killed the CP.

Consort Hwang is so ambitious and Kwon is very cunning and persistent.

I can understand him because the QD killed almost his entire family. 

Chief State Counselor made me laugh. There were a lot of surprising things for him in this episode. :laugh:

:hearties:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

tumblr-580ecfe665ef8901c8a8d230b8121d63-

feature highlight parts of clips in 'Under The Queen's Umbrella' | a huge blessing, waiting with good expectations.

source

Spoiler

• Like 9

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

tumblr-b20aa11734cc8ec2c04fd96ee03cc9a4-

tumblr-65685e1c9eb417872c66148b0094f1bb-

Cuddling a newborn to keep baby safe | Key highlights video and footage clips in 'Under The Queen's Umbrella'

source:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 7

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

It took for 13 episodes for Prince Muan to actully grow up just a tad bit. I wished he had matured a bit more but it looks like his mom will have to keep an eye out for him. It was brillliant of her to find a way to bring Cho wol in to the Palace.  Queen Hwa Ryeong is truly the best mom. We also found out she personally took care of each of her sons. She was abl e to calm down her grandaughter Ah Ra when she cried. I wished she had given him a much harsher responsabiity though.  Under the Queen's Umbrella has certainly

Consort  Hwang is either in cahoots with the Crown Prince’s uncle or not. After binge watching Ep 11-13 , my mind started  thinking maybe Consort Hwang knew his identity but then again. There is no way that is possible. Would he really have had a sexual affair with the daughter of the men who murdered his brother. He hates the Chief State Counselor.  Now that Chief State Counselor thinks his grandson will definitely inherit the thrones because he thinks his grandson is the Grand Prince son. Lol lol His daughter never told him who the father was but this old man is still scheming behind the scenes to get to the top. His grandson and his daughter all cut from the same cloth. Lol lol 

• Like 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

thequeensumbrella.jpg

When confronting adversity, big or small, it's important to tackle the root causes quickly • 'Under The Queen's Umbrella' • Video footage • Clips 

source

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@ktcjdrama @abs-oluteM text preview is out and Chung Ha is pregnant! 🤣🤣🤣

My boy really one shot hit Jackpot! His teacher will be proud, he saved up so much sperms 🤣🤣🤣

CH is the one that needs more classes. She didn't even know that they did it? :laugh:

Thanks to @LaLa for the translation of this written preview

Spoiler

image.png

To reveal about the late CP death, HR has to reveal about the death of CP Tae In as well. And to bring Crown Princess Min and her grandson, HR needs Kwon but he's gone missing. Kwon who is in hiding plot to kill Ho and Kang. And huh? Chung Ha is.. pregnant?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

CH is the one that needs more classes. She didn't even know that they did it?

I'm sure she does. Remember her maid said she knows the theory xD

Maybe she didn't want Seong Nam to be embarrassed since he doesn't remember. :idk: We'll find out soon enough end of this week. Hahaha. Can't wait!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

tumblr-5d4ce79f2d5325608726f094a4a7d414-

tumblr-2709358f2858758cbd5cb4b583d7396c-

Ten Asia Top Ten Artists

Reporter Tae Yuna, Ten Asia

The secret of 'Under The Queen's Umbrella' Prince Uiseong birth was contained in the opening video

BF-31989295-1.jpg

'Under The Queen's Umbrella' / Photo courtesy = tvN

Interest is focused on the objects of 'Umbrella' that are more interesting once you get to know them.

tvN Saturday - Sunday drama 'Under The Queen's Umbrella' revealed the meaning of the objects in the opening video.

The opening video of 'Under The Queen's Umbrella', announcing the start of the drama, draws attention with various items carefully placed in an antique cabinet. Then, the names of the main characters of the drama appear, such as Kim Hye Soo (Queen Hwaryeong), Kim Hae Sook (Queen Dowager), and Choi Won Young (King Lee Ho).

First of all, Umbrella and Gongjin-dan are indispensable as objects that express the heavy warlord Hwaryeong (played by Kim Hye Soo). Umbrella is a shield to protect children from wind and rain and symbolizes Queen Hwaryeong's love, and Gongjin-dan serves as a nutritional supplement to inspire the power of love. The moment you need wisdom and motivation, chewing on a gongjin-dan and burning your fighting spirit, it is considered like a fighting ritual unique to Queen Hwaryeong.

The object of the Daebi is a Queen Dowager, the wife of a deceased King,  played by Kim Hae Sook, turned out to be the guard (salt water) used to poison Crown Prince Tae In. The poisoning that started with Daebi (played by Kim Hae Sook) meant that many victims, including Crown Prince Tae In, were made. Books and appeals piled up in layers suggest the benevolent character of King Lee Ho (played by Choi Won Young), a sage who listens to the voices of the people, and expresses the vases full of flowers as he has many concubines.

On the other hand, it is interesting that Yoenguijeong (played by Kim Eui Sung)'s object is a mirror. Yeonguijeong is a vassal who tries hard not to let go of the power in his hands, and because he is a human being, he has wrong greed, but it shows that he should not go beyond the limit. The production team explained, “When we were conceiving the character Yeonguijeong Hwang Won Hyung, we thought of his very ordinary person. Perhaps it's a character that shows us all.”

They added, "When you pile up books titled 日(日) and 月(月), the letters 明 (myeong) that you can finally see are objects of Crown Prince Seongnam (played by Moon Sang Min), which became a national book in Aemul Complex." The production team conveyed the hidden meaning, saying, “We want the sun, which symbolizes the year when his brother died, to be projected onto Crown Prince Seongnam and become a bright person.”

The teapot and teacup, which are objects of Hwang Sook Won (played by Ok Ja Yeon), who was demoted from her nobleman to a long-cherished wish, remind of her hobby of drinking tea, and it is clear that she tried to poison the Queen by poisoning her tea.

Lastly, among the jade beads placed around the jewelry box, the black bead depicts Prince Uiseong  (played by Kang Chan Hee), and contains the secret of his birth that he is not King Lee Ho's succession.

As such, the objects in the opening video are becoming an element that stimulates the interest of drama fans about what each means, and this makes the characters' charms permeate even more deeply.

'Under The Queen's Umbrella', which has only two episodes ahead of its end, airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:10 pm.

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 2

18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm sure she does. Remember her maid said she knows the theory xD

Maybe she didn't want Seong Nam to be embarrassed since he doesn't remember. :idk: We'll find out soon enough end of this week. Hahaha. Can't wait!

Seong Nam doesn't remember because he is to drunk:laugh: but i'm sure they did it, CH just teasing him:smug: it just becasue CH only 18th this year, not legal age in SK

Edited by gween97
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

One thing I don't get is this:

If the Queen continues to pursue justice for her oldest son's death, the murder of CP Tae In will come out. This puts the current King and everyone else in the family in danger, including herself and her 4 remaining sons.

She needs to let this go. There is no justice to be gotten here. Regardless of his methods, Kwon is justified in seeking revenge and to recover the throne for his family. The Queen should quietly do what she needs to protect her family, eg. murder Kwon and his illegitimate son lol.

I'm wondering, if the Empress Dowager finds out that Prince Uiseong is Queen Yoon's son, would she still support him to pull down Seongnam. Who does she hate more?

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I'm wondering, if the Empress Dowager finds out that Prince Uiseong is Queen Yoon's son, would she still support him to pull down Seongnam. Who does she hate more?

I'd say she hates Queen Yoon more. Don't you think she's the younger version of Consort Hwang? Besides she worked so hard to get her own bloodline on the throne so even if it means losing a bit of power to her son and daughter-in-law, it'd still be better than supporting the enemy she eliminated. She's a prideful old lady as well. Most importantly, they would kill her if Uiseong gets the throne. Consort Hwang will surely eliminate her. Uiseong has to be an abandoned chess piece now.

10 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

If the Queen continues to pursue justice for her oldest son's death, the murder of CP Tae In will come out. This puts the current King and everyone else in the family in danger, including herself and her 4 remaining sons.

She needs to let this go. There is no justice to be gotten here. Regardless of his methods, Kwon is justified in seeking revenge and to recover the throne for his family. The Queen should quietly do what she needs to protect her family, eg. murder Kwon and his illegitimate son lol.

My prediction is...

The truth will conveniently be uncovered/revealed (quietly) through a coup d'etat led by Ik Hyun and Uiseong. In the name of the coup d'etat, the King and Queen Dowager's sins will be buried. Coz like you said, Hwa Ryung will have to let it go on this. It's not like she herself doesn't have secrets she needed to protect e.g., Gye Sung being gay and Mu An knocked up a commoner! The truth might be her barganing chip to save Mu An and Cho Wol.

Since this drama is a more modernised and out of the box kind of sageuk where both King and Queen seem like kind, reasonable and benevolent kind of people, they will likely spare Uiseong et al. Though I wouldn't be surprised Ik Hyun dies in the coup d'etat taking a stab for Uiseong as his father. Cue the Darth Vadar telling Luke, "I'm your father"... 🤣

The Queen wants to prove CP In Hyun dies the same way her son did so that she could prove the ex-Crown Princess' innocence and bring them back to the palace.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Cue the Darth Vadar telling Luke, "I'm your father"... 🤣

This is funny!

7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Though I wouldn't be surprised Ik Hyun dies in the coup d'etat taking a stab for Uiseong as his father.

I'm not too sure if he feels anything for Uiseong as a father. He seems to have targeted Consort Hwang to have an affair with as part of his plan. Don't think it is true love or anything like that haha.

• Haha 3

tumblr-b73fdc35803a37fa9ce7dc129939d899-

keeping in touch • 'Under The Queen's Umbrella' • story structures • character images • video clip cuts

source:

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 6

under-the-queens-umbrella-14-preview-106

tvN's “Under The Queen's Umbrella” has released a behind-the-scenes video of the actors on set - cast - preview stills

source:

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

6fb54b35c2cd98240574a892e8b7de883644cee5

Suspense happens in the stillness of 'Under the Queen's Umbrella' teaser trailer • The actor's scenes are cut

source:

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

@abs-oluteM I just realized the mention but @mademoisellehas told u first.. It's like what she shared. Basically Court Lady Oh informed HR that CH has fainted. Kang asked the physician about his diagnosis but he couldn't tell any. In that era, feeling through someone's pulse can tell you about the sickness they have. However since CH has a weak pulse since she was born (confirmed by her court maid family that CH brought into the palace), it's hard for the physician to tell. Kang then remembered that CH shared with him in Man Wol island about her heart rate and later her confession. 

If she's pregnant, there supposed to be a double pulse (?) that they will confirmed I guess. That, if I still have the correct memory of another sageuk era drama and the diagnosis for the women (particularly the Queen or some Concubines). If later he tells Kang and HR about two different pulse that he can feel, hmm maybe the pregnancy is true.. But well I dunno if it's safe for her health when she's indeed pregnant with her condition :thinking:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: