Fake It Till You Make It 装腔启示录 [2023]

I woke up at 7.30 this morning, continued watching episode 4 to 6, until I had no choice but to leave for a work appointment. And somewhere in those few episodes was some wise words from Tang Ying's new boss that you must keep telling yourself that time is precious and make full use of it.

And here I am, chasing a drama early on a Monday morning. How ironic 😭

This drama is so good. It's been a long while (if ever), that I have watched a romance where 2 people communicate so well. His 眼神 is killing me too.

Every episode, there is at least 1 good scene between them. And this is it for ep4!

And someone, please tell me that there will be a hot steamy kiss (not those peckish type) and which episode is that!

Back later.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
4 hours ago, peperomia said:

I’ve only gotten to half of episode 3 so far. Just wanted to say I like Ziquan’s thoughtfulness of his subordinates. He seems to hustle hard for the company to make the investment deals with the wellbeing of his team in mind. If the company does well, it means no layoffs etc. His team’s jobs are safe and that’s what’s important to him. Going back to the intro where he got a blanket for Tang Ying during their flight, it might’ve seemed like a flirtatious move coming from a stranger, but as we get to know him better, I think he was just being kind. Also, when he bumped into Tang Ying in front of her apartment building, he had walked her sister home from their second “date”. By that point, he knew the sister was not for him, yet he still walked her home. Most guys would simply split at the end of date and head their separate ways. So, he was a gentleman to walk her sister home as an acquaintance/friend. He's a great guy...good-hearted and a straight shooter. I especially like that he's open about himself with Tang Ying. I hope to see her warm up to him.

The sister seems superficial in terms of what she finds are important qualities in a man. She says she's looking for a long-term relationship that will lead to marriage, but I personally think she judges a man too quickly on what he can offer based on the surface of a first date. I knew the man from the park was actually rich. I can't tell if he took her on a simple date to test her or if he was merely being himself.

For me the leads are decent people trying to get ahead in their profession through hard work. Not necessarily perfect in everything but they don't operate on the level of trickery or deception that others do in the name of survival. We respect them because they try their best without resorting to underhanded methods that some of their rivals do. I find myself liking Ziquan a lot which is why objectively I just don't see why he should be saddled with the "player" tag just because he is active in the dating scene. Despite being somewhat disillusioned with past encounters, the fact that he is still meeting women despite mismatched interactions means that he is genuinely looking for someone with shared values and goals to spend his life with. Is he really worse than any other guy who hangs out at bars picking up women? Because how people are in the workplace will inevitably reveal themselves in a dating relationship.

I'm of the view that Tang Ying often says things she doesn't quite believe herself because she doesn't know what to make of Ziquan. He's charming enough to be attractive and dangerous. But the fact that she's kind of willing to go along with the initial friendship status suggests that she's attracted but wary. She's obviously testing the waters and pushing his buttons to see how much of her pettiness he's willing to tolerate.

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

And someone, please tell me that there will be a hot steamy kiss (not those peckish type) and which episode is that!

Oh yes. It's Elvis Han we're talking about. 

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

This drama is so good. It's been a long while (if ever), that I have watched a romance where 2 people communicate so well. His 眼神 is killing me too.

This drama is ruining other dramas for me.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@Chocolate If you really want to be spoiled. Under tags... clips from Episodes 8 and 9

Spoiler

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

This is put in the watch list. I'm still trying to catch up. 🥹

I never thought one day I'll be in a situation where I'm behind dramas. My track record was so good until this year where I either fall asleep while watching or I have difficulty finding the mood to watch.

3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I woke up at 7.30 this morning, continued watching episode 4 to 6, until I had no choice but to leave for a work appointment. And somewhere in those few episodes was some wise words from Tang Ying's new boss that you must keep telling yourself that time is precious and make full use of it.

And here I am, chasing a drama early on a Monday morning. How ironic

Spending some Me time is precious too. I see this drama gives you some enjoyment so I think you are making good use of your precious time.

• Haha 3
  • Party! 2
2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Hahaha @40somethingahjumma I've just finished 8. That bridge scene was something. I love that he is so direct.

Now starting 9.

14 episodes is beginning to feel like too short! 😂

He sure has some moves. Plan B did yield the desired result. ;)

It's a bumpy transition from "friendship" to "dating". But there's no doubting he is a smooth operator when he wants to be. "Maybe I just want your heart."

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

This is put in the watch list. I'm still trying to catch up. 🥹

I never thought one day I'll be in a situation where I'm behind dramas. My track record was so good until this year where I either fall asleep while watching or I have difficulty finding the mood to watch.

Spending some Me time is precious too. I see this drama gives you some enjoyment so I think you are making good use of your precious time.

It's not been a particularly good year for C dramas although the second half of the year has seen better K dramas. Join in the conversation when you get the chance to finally watch this.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@40somethingahjumma In eps 5 , what happened with the project? I can't access Viki in my region , so the subs I am using are not great especially for technical stuff. I know she highlighted the risk to her big boss but he was pushing her hard to get the deal done. How did this implicate ZQ - he still won an award but of course that was based on his past achievements in the industry. 

Business stuff aside , I really love their interactions. Because they are starting off on this "friendship" thing, they have built such a good foundation for their relationship. Theirs has such a good chance for going the distance since their communication like @Chocolate said is so good. I feel like their approach to how they view relationships is completely opposite of her sister's and the new BF. The sister's one is truly like an idol drama and I wonder if it will last since it feels kind of superficial. Surely one day the guy will get tired of just giving in to her.  

---------------

@Mizv I think you might like this show...you can check out on Viki

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@40somethingahjumma In eps 5 , what happened with the project? I can't access Viki in my region , so the subs I am using are not great especially for technical stuff. I know she highlighted the risk to her big boss but he was pushing her hard to get the deal done. How did this implicate ZQ - he still won an award but of course that was based on his past achievements in the industry. 

The deal went through and contract was signed. Then the news appeared next day, that the owner of the company that ZQ's client bought had been arrested for gambling. So both ZQ and TY's reputation were affected because it meant they did not assess the risk properly. TY's boss was horrid because he did not acknowledge at all that TY had highlighted the risks and was told to back down. Her bonuses were cut as penalty. ZQ's team was sent to the boondocks as punishment - that's how he ended half-naked in the spa with the potential client from the suburb lol.

I've finished. 14 episodes is just nice because the tension disappeared after they got together 😂 although there was still good and realistic conversation after that.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

I made it through episode 5 and saw part of episode 6. I loved how Ziquan remembered Tang Ying’s words about where she would like to take him after they finished their project and did find her at the rooftop. However, they hit a bit of snag as she is still guarding herself after a half-hearted confession. Did she take a few steps back because when she offered to cheer him up and go for drinks, he declined (for good reasons)? When she asked him if he ever felt tempted by her, I felt my heart drop when he took a long pause, said “no” and hung up. It was just a bad day for him to begin with so he must’ve been disappointed.

21 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

For me the leads are decent people trying to get ahead in their profession through hard work. Not necessarily perfect in everything but they don't operate on the level of trickery or deception that others do in the name of survival. We respect them because they try their best without resorting to underhanded methods that some of their rivals do. I find myself liking Ziquan a lot which is why objectively I just don't see why he should be saddled with the "player" tag just because he is active in the dating scene. Despite being somewhat disillusioned with past encounters, the fact that he is still meeting women despite mismatched interactions means that he is genuinely looking for someone with shared values and goals to spend his life with. Is he really worse than any other guy who hangs out at bars picking up women? Because how people are in the workplace will inevitably reveal themselves in a dating relationship.

I'm of the view that Tang Ying often says things she doesn't quite believe herself because she doesn't know what to make of Ziquan. He's charming enough to be attractive and dangerous. But the fact that she's kind of willing to go along with the initial friendship status suggests that she's attracted but wary. She's obviously testing the waters and pushing his buttons to see how much of her pettiness he's willing to tolerate.

I actually feel bad for Ziquan whenever he's called a player. He just wants to find his life partner (the other half) and dating is that process of elimination in finding that right person. I like him a lot too. Most rom coms tend to write the male lead initially with a tsundere-type personality, then gradually reveal his warmer sides. In this show, I like that Ziquan is right off the bat...a nice and good man. If I were Tan Ying, I would fall for him too because he's kind to me, his colleagues, animals and has good work ethics.

Re: Tan Ying, based on her dream at the beginning of episode 4, she seems to have a fear of being humiliated or made a fool by love so she completely guards herself. A misunderstanding will set her back. I hope to see her get over this and take a leap of faith. Even though she fumbled through her "confession", at least Ziquan knows she likes him, but she's scared.

16 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Business stuff aside , I really love their interactions. Because they are starting off on this "friendship" thing, they have built such a good foundation for their relationship. Theirs has such a good chance for going the distance since their communication like @Chocolate said is so good. I feel like their approach to how they view relationships is completely opposite of her sister's and the new BF. The sister's one is truly like an idol drama and I wonder if it will last since it feels kind of superficial. Surely one day the guy will get tired of just giving in to her.  

Their budding “friendship” is great. I noticed they are instinctively relying and depending on each other - from something simple as a broken laptop, bad workday to rock-bottom workday. Aside from physical chemistry, their mental connection is off the charts as well. Not sure if they realize it, but they’re a lot alike and want similar things in a relationship.

Re: the sister, have you seen episode 6 yet? The guy hasn't stopped giving yet. LOL. You're right though. Her sister isn't seeking the right building blocks of a sound relationship.

--------

About the rings, I like how Ziquan won't let her give hers back no matter and slips it back on her finger. That says a lot and she should feel his sincerity.

Edited by peperomia
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
3 hours ago, peperomia said:

When she asked him if he ever felt tempted by her, I felt my heart drop when he took a long pause, said “no” and hung up. It was just a bad day for him to begin with so he must’ve been disappointed.

Urghhhh...this was like a small stab in my heart. Especially because she had just told him the 4 moments that made her fall for him. Timing was off then given his work situation.

3 hours ago, peperomia said:

Re: the sister, have you seen episode 6 yet? The guy hasn't stopped giving yet. LOL. You're right though. Her sister isn't seeking the right building blocks of a sound relationship.

Yes...I was rolling my eyes....LOL...But ZQ did point out something important . The guy says it's a gift for her but legally it isn't in her name. So that tells me he's still got some reservations. And important things like buying a home should be done together with your potential life partner. 

I am done with eps 7. What a small world that Mr Ma who was snubbed by her sister seems to have some interest in TY. I can't tell if TY is really interested to be Ma's significant other or if the enthusiasm is because of Mr Ma's interest in her and that she'll be his legal rep. But anyway, I think the short separation between the leads is not a bad thing - I think it's given ZQ some clarity about his feelings for TY.  TY has also grown in her career thanks to her new superior who's such a great role model and good boss. I am happy of course that ZQ is back in town after being sent off to the "wilderness" . Now , please go get your girl, Ziquan! 

Thanks for the explanation @Chocolate

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

On 9/11/2023 at 4:03 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Oh yes. It's Elvis Han we're talking about. 

Ooooh, do his other dramas have a lot of kissing? Do recommend! He sucks the lip very nicely 😍

On 9/11/2023 at 6:05 PM, mademoiselle said:

Me time doesn't generally happen on Monday mornings 😂😅

23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Their "friendship" is the classic example of how men and women can never be friends 😅

I think one of the themes of this drama is 不要装 - don't pretend. Every character gets their good ending after they decide to let go off their false image/become real.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am done with eps 7. What a small world that Mr Ma who was snubbed by her sister seems to have some interest in TY. I can't tell if TY is really interested to be Ma's significant other or if the enthusiasm is because of Mr Ma's interest in her and that she'll be his legal rep. But anyway, I think the short separation between the leads is not a bad thing - I think it's given ZQ some clarity about his feelings for TY.  TY has also grown in her career thanks to her new superior who's such a great role model and good boss. I am happy of course that ZQ is back in town after being sent off to the "wilderness" . Now , please go get your girl, Ziquan! 

Just finished episode 7 as well. I didn't get the impression Tang Ying is interested in Mr. Ma in a romantic way, but we'll see... So far, her efforts in impressing him seem to be for the project to succeed. I'm not sure how I feel about her going out her way to do so, but if it's for career reasons, I get it. Must be tiring though. I'm glad Ziquan is back in town as well. I like that he won't let himself be defeated and still doing his best while in the "wilderness". It was funny when he interrupted Mr. Ma and Tang Ying to confirm she was not at the event as his girlfriend. LOL. It's time for him to step up his game!

5 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Their "friendship" is the classic example of how men and women can never be friends 😅

I think one of the themes of this drama is 不要装 - don't pretend. Every character gets their good ending after they decide to let go off their false image/become real.

Totally agree that no man and woman can just be friends. It's definitely an excuse to test the romantic waters.

So far, Ms. Wang and Mei Ling had some interesting changes in life. For the better I would say. I was a bit shocked when Mei Ling took off her wig, but I guess it was symbolic of shedding what's fake and being her true self.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
12 hours ago, peperomia said:

I made it through episode 5 and saw part of episode 6. I loved how Ziquan remembered Tang Ying’s words about where she would like to take him after they finished their project and did find her at the rooftop. However, they hit a bit of snag as she is still guarding herself after a half-hearted confession. Did she take a few steps back because when she offered to cheer him up and go for drinks, he declined (for good reasons)? When she asked him if he ever felt tempted by her, I felt my heart drop when he took a long pause, said “no” and hung up. It was just a bad day for him to begin with so he must’ve been disappointed.

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Urghhhh...this was like a small stab in my heart. Especially because she had just told him the 4 moments that made her fall for him. Timing was off then given his work situation.

I feel that she hurt him here, and that it was a bit '"cruel". At first, I thought she could tell he was down and brought up the 4 points as a way to change the topic to something interesting to take his mind off work. And it worked because he was happy - you could see a small smile when he asked where she was. Then she said those things were no longer important which was why she could discuss it now 😱 Why? 😢 Was it really just because he turned her down for drinks? Did that hit her limit because she feels that he keeps teasing her, making her fall for him, then it seems he pulls back?

He was hurt. If I were him, I would also say "No", that his heart has never fluttered for her and hang up.

That's one of the things I love about Xu Zi Quan. He has backbone. He may like a woman but he would never pander to her the way the sister's boyfriend does. On the overall, he is a very attractive character.

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
13 hours ago, peperomia said:

In this show, I like that Ziquan is right off the bat...a nice and good man. If I were Tan Ying, I would fall for him too because he's kind to me, his colleagues, animals and has good work ethics.

Hahahaha, these are traits that support liking a person, but the spark has to be there first.

No. 1 is attraction because of his looks. That caught her attention.

Then he is observant and 细心 by getting her the blanket and many other things that most other men miss.

Then being the experienced guy he is, he knows when to push and pull, teasing her just enough to entice her.

By the time she sits opposite him in the meeting, his work capability becomes another +. And she gradually finds him to be a good person.

13 hours ago, peperomia said:

Re: Tan Ying, based on her dream at the beginning of episode 4, she seems to have a fear of being humiliated or made a fool by love so she completely guards herself. A misunderstanding will set her back. I hope to see her get over this and take a leap of faith. Even though she fumbled through her "confession", at least Ziquan knows she likes him, but she's scared.

Tang Ying's a smart girl. There is no denying ZQ's experience with women. Tang Ying on the other hand is quite innocent - she loved 1 man for 10 years and never had a long-term relationship. (It seems I am asking this question in every c-drama, but is she a V 😂).

Considering that, I thought she held her own very well in her flirtations with ZQ. Mostly, she is her natural self with him and as she says, because she has no ulterior motive with him, she says whatever comes to mind. This is refreshing and attractive to ZQ, who has been surrounded by women trying to cling to him.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

I'm home today so I was able to watch episodes 8 and 9. They might be my favorite episodes so far. The dialogue between the 2 leads were so good. If it weren't for their ability to communicate so well, I'm not sure if they would've been able to pull through some of the ambiguity and misunderstandings. @abs-oluteM I think you'll like these episodes.

Looks like Tang Ying did consider Mr. Ma as an interest momentarily, but I don't think she was all that serious about it. Plus, this was when Ziquan was away in the "wilderness". When Tang Ying asked her boss to help get her out of the sticky situation, her boss was willing to play the part. I was getting worried about blurring business with personal so it was a relief to see her boss do that and not force anything on Tang Ying. It was Tan Ying's choice to keep going or end it.

Tan Ying made a reference to Jin Yong's novel/drama, Heavenly Sword Dragon Sabre, to Mr. Ma after he referred to her as twisty. "The more beautiful a woman is, the more likely she is to deceive people." She's not wrong. LOL. I liked that Mr. Ma found her more attractive when she was just being herself. Looks like he won't pursue her further though after she confirmed the "couples" ring on her. :smug: I also liked that he appreciated her dedication and hard work.

Edited by peperomia
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
20 hours ago, Chocolate said:

That's one of the things I love about Xu Zi Quan. He has backbone. He may like a woman but he would never pander to her the way the sister's boyfriend does. On the overall, he is a very attractive character.

I love XZQ too ....possibly will become one of my favorite MLs this year. 

We can see he's a good guy but  that's only cause as viewers we're aware of his inner thoughts. I can kind of understand why Tang Ying felt rather insecure in fully revealing her feelings for him given how he appears to her. He's got that whole player vibe what with women flocking around him and I would wonder too about how many friendship rings he has given out. It didn't help that he was also quite ambiguous with how he felt for her; though I think it was also because he was reacting to her sometimes off the cuff statements that don't necessarily reflect how she truly felt for him.

But you are right @peperomia eps 8 and 9 were so awesome. From that first kiss that brought in a lot of confusion to both parties, to her acting out in the CCTV in front of his door  :laugh:and right up to how the friendship rings have now become actual couple rings. It was like a roller coaster :hug:...the push pull was done so well. The tension & chemistry between the leads are very good.

My only small gripe was that TY was being a bit unfair to him towards the end when she "pushed" him to that influencer Michelle. TY was jealous and he was clearly giving TY all the signals to "save him" but she did the opposite. Then breaks down at home in tears. I'm like what is wrong with this girl. Thankfully , he came to look for her and that sealed the deal. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

17 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I'm trying ep1 of Siege in Fog but his hairstyle is awful and voice is dubbed 😭

I don't recommend any of his other dramas because they tend to be over long. I've been struggling with The Secret of Three Kingdoms and that's a period in Chinese history that I love. 

This is definitely his best drama. If you want to watch Siege in the Fog, you should just go to YouTube and watch fanmade compilations or MVs. The push and pull goes on forever and then when things work out between them, doggy poop hits the ceiling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

But you are right @peperomia eps 8 and 9 were so awesome. From that first kiss that brought in a lot of confusion to both parties, to her acting out in the CCTV in front of his door  :laugh:and right up to how the friendship rings have now become actual couple rings. It was like a roller coaster :hug:...the push pull was done so well. The tension & chemistry between the leads are very good.

Yes! What you said is exactly why I liked these episodes. I thought their conversation over the phone when they missed each other at their doorsteps and when they talked it out at her place was nicely done. There were some missteps by both parties in the pushing and pulling tango, but the stumbles led them to convey what they were frustrated with and what they wanted from each other. If they didn't mean so much to each other, they wouldn't be so bothered right? LOL.

I liked that Ziquan acknowledged some of his faults. He was afraid of not knowing how to make a committed relationship work so he was riding the wave and thought he had time, but when push came to shove, he wasn't going to let taking things coolly make him lose her. I had thought only Tang Ying was afraid, but he was too. Anyway, I loved the whole dialogue and the transition of friendship to couples rings when they got together as well.

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

My only small gripe was that TY was being a bit unfair to him towards the end when she "pushed" him to that influencer Michelle. TY was jealous and he was clearly giving TY all the signals to "save him" but she did the opposite. Then breaks down at home in tears. I'm like what is wrong with this girl. Thankfully , he came to look for her and that sealed the deal. 

I was a bit frustrated here too. But at least while she was at her wits end, her burst of emotions let him know her limits and he acted upon them. To be honest, I was getting to the point where they just needed to get together and kiss for real. LOL.

--------

I've finished episode 11 and @Chocolate is right. There's not much tension anymore, but they're still cute and hilarious together. Love their banter and how it's incorporated to find their footing in the early phases of their relationship.

But OMG, the sister's boyfriend is creepy!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
8 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I don't recommend any of his other dramas because they tend to be over long. I've been struggling with The Secret of Three Kingdoms and that's a period in Chinese history that I love. 

This is definitely his best drama. If you want to watch Siege in the Fog, you should just go to YouTube and watch fanmade compilations or MVs. The push and pull goes on forever and then when things work out between them, doggy poop hits the ceiling.

Ok, looks like I'm not getting past ep1 lol. Rewatching FITYMI instead, and it's even better the second time around!

Is the ring the Cartier Trinity Ring? (maybe a replica since it was from a stall by the road haha).

Edit: Think it is meant to be Cartier except maybe they didn't sponsor. Because the stall and packaging colour is Cartier's.

But the meaning! ❤❤❤

- symbolism "life’s most paramount relationships"

- "Three intertwined gold bands stand for love, friendship and fidelity" 

- "This iconic ring, living between jewelry and sculpture, feminine and masculine, playful and symbolic"

Source

Playlist on spotify (credit)

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 9/14/2023 at 11:45 AM, peperomia said:

I've finished episode 11 and @Chocolate is right. There's not much tension anymore, but they're still cute and hilarious together. Love their banter and how it's incorporated to find their footing in the early phases of their relationship.

But OMG, the sister's boyfriend is creepy!

I am up to here too. I ended up liking the episode. I was kind of skeptical when they brought in her old crush and he had that investment banker girl chase him shamelessly. In my mind I thought they were going to use silly misunderstandings to create unnecessary conflict. But it turned out really well because they talked it out towards the end of the episode instead of letting things fester. Like @Chocolate said before, the communication here between the leads is great. They put to rest his so called "player" reputation - no longer a pond owner but a tank owner. (This writer has a way with words)   And she too got some closure with regards to her old time crush. 

The sister's BF was terribly creepy ...but I am so not surprised. He was controlling and clingy. He had all the specifications she desired of a significant other, but that was all superficial. She didn't actually know who he really was before moving in with him. Fortunately for her , it didn't end badly - he could have been some crazed stalker. Now it seems she has a new interest in her landlord. This girl moves fast!

I am glad that TY's boss in back. You know , in corporate life , one of the greatest blessings is to have mentor type bosses who guide you without micromanaging and who lets you grow. Her immediate supervisor is just lovely. I find her romance with that law professor very cute too. 

On 9/14/2023 at 8:06 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

What  a shame  :nervous:. I like this Elvis Han so much but I can't seem to find a drama premise I like. I was reading some of the reviews on MDL, none seems to catch my interest. Though maybe I will try this ...( ratings on MDL are not promising though)

https://mydramalist.com/25536-never-gone

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am up to here too. I ended up liking the episode. I was kind of skeptical when they brought in her old crush and he had that investment banker girl chase him shamelessly. In my mind I thought they were going to use silly misunderstandings to create unnecessary conflict. But it turned out really well because they talked it out towards the end of the episode instead of letting things fester. Like @Chocolate said before, the communication here between the leads is great. They put to rest his so called "player" reputation - no longer a pond owner but a tank owner. (This writer has a way with words)   And she too got some closure with regards to her old time crush. 

Yes! Their relationship is very healthy.

Sad to say, but most times, it is the woman who is unreasonable. But Tang Ying's character is also written very well. She doesn't let the misunderstandings fester. But she plots 😅 She wears her sexy lingerie, tempts him by being a little wild then says, come here, let's talk 😂 How's a man to resist.

And this scene in ep6, so funny! "Would you believe me if I said it was the fruit seller calling?" hahahahaha.

Gccof8B.jpg

The sister's BF was terribly creepy ...but I am so not surprised. He was controlling and clingy. He had all the specifications she desired of a significant other, but that was all superficial. She didn't actually know who he really was before moving in with him. Fortunately for her , it didn't end badly - he could have been some crazed stalker. Now it seems she has a new interest in her landlord. This girl moves fast!

Frankly, the sister is a nightmare. She has all the traits a bad girlfriend/wife has. And I pity the BF. If he had met a nice girl next door, he probably would not be so extreme. But like Xu Ziquan says, one is willing to dish it and the other is willing to take it. He's not jumping into this fire pit - he's smart haha.

What  a shame  :nervous:. I like this Elvis Han so much but I can't seem to find a drama premise I like. I was reading some of the reviews on MDL, none seems to catch my interest. Though maybe I will try this ...( ratings on MDL are not promising though)

https://mydramalist.com/25536-never-gone

Hahahaha me too! The drama has been on loop the whole week! I've re-watched the main scenes so many times I could probably recite it now. And every time I watch, I am still amazed by the writer. There is a lot of ordinary conversation, but within these conversations, a lot strikes a chord and shows how compatible they are.

Like this drinking scene, on first watch, it didn't seem special.

But the banter!

About relationships:

He says sometimes, men would rather spend time with men.

She says sometimes, the high brought by men cannot compare with a good idol drama or a bag!

Then he acknowledges some men can be pathetic.

She reciprocates and says that some women are too.

The back and forth is so good. Not many people can do that.

It's no wonder that he likes her more each time they are together.

Frankly for a man who has dated many women, he would be the last to do anything to lead them on. So to give her the ring, subconsciously, he was already there.

I will try Never Gone too. It's a romance and I am in a romantic mood lol.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
14 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am glad that TY's boss in back. You know , in corporate life , one of the greatest blessings is to have mentor type bosses who guide you without micromanaging and who lets you grow. Her immediate supervisor is just lovely. I find her romance with that law professor very cute too. 

I haven't had time to start episode 12 yet so I think we're at the same spot. I nearly gasped when the old crush showed up. Luckily, our girl already made her choice and that's that. And, our boy didn't flinch a bit when he was introduced to her old crush. He even invited the old crush up to their place. LOL. Yes, the investment banker girl is shameless. He basically needed to peel her off of him. I had second-hand embarrassment for her. But, it was good that Tang Ying was able to close a chapter of her life concerning the old crush and so did Ziquan with his "player" past. I agree the writer is quite witty with the analogies. I think the tank owner and his only fish are quite happy with the downsize. LOL.

I still get shivers thinking about the sister's ex-boyfriend, but I'm just glad he didn't resort to hurting her or himself. Now let's see what will happen between her and the new guy. LOL.

I like Tang Ying's boss too. I wasn't sure at first when she encouraged Tang Ying to consider Mr. Ma, but she's proved to be caring and supportive. I am enjoying her romance with the law professor too.

10 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Like this drinking scene, on first watch, it didn't seem special.

But the banter!

About relationships:

He says sometimes, men would rather spend time with men.

She says sometimes, the high brought by men cannot compare with a good idol drama or a bag!

Then he acknowledges some men can be pathetic.

She reciprocates and says that some women are too.

The back and forth is so good. Not many people can do that.

It's no wonder that he likes her more each time they are together.

It was this drinking scene over hot pot that made me root for the couple. During this banter, it was clear their chemistry was beyond physically attraction. The mental chemistry was fire too. I also liked the part where they shared the same stance about retaining their independence and not changing themselves or the other person. It showed substance to have a lasting relationship.

10 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Frankly for a man who has dated many women, he would be the last to do anything to lead them on. So to give her the ring, subconsciously, he was already there.

This is why I don't consider Ziquan a player. He admitted he likes women, but once he knows they don't have the qualities of being a potential partner, that's it. I think he found his fish for his tank when he gave her the ring and wasn't planning to let her go anywhere. LOL. 

Thanks for sharing the Cartier Trinity Ring! Love the meaning behind each band and how they're intertwined as one.

Edited by peperomia
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

@40somethingahjumma @Chocolate @peperomia

I loved all 14 episodes of this show. What was so good was how there was growth for the leads even after they got together. Their love grew in tandem with their careers and perspective about life. I loved that it wasn't a conflict free relationship (which is extremely realistic) because how can it be when you have two different individuals who have come together with their own set of values. experiences etc. But through it all , they always talked it out. How refreshing to have a drama where there were no stupid misunderstandings , no break-up tropes. The leads didn't make assumptions about the other, giving the other person the benefit of the doubt. They didn't remove each other's agency and always sought to see the other's person's POV once they were a couple. Though pre-relationship, the heat was sizzling, I appreciate that once they got together  their romance was so still so sweet.

And it wasn't just the main romance that was well-written and developed, the sister's love adventures were interesting too and you can see how much she grew by the end of the show and how different she was.  The other arc that I liked was the relationship between Ada and XZ.  Her animosity towards XZ and his boss, Richard wasn't without reason as we find out that Richard had done her dirty by stealing her project when she went on confinement.  She was very gracious at the end forgiving Richard. I may not be able to do the same. 

But you know what sucks? Now , I am gonna be comparing all other romances (or rom-coms ) with this one because it's set the bar so high. Plus where am I gonna find another Elvis Han drama where he is so perfect?????

sad-cony.gif

@mademoiselle @ktcjdrama @Tofu @NiteWalker I can confirm now that this show is worth checking out. :D

@SilverMoonTea I wanna recommend you this ....but I don't know if this oppa will appeal to you? :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1