Yummylicious: A Foodie's Oasis 🍣🍨

• 1 month later...

Finally!!! i can participate in this thread because I have finally gone and dined out after 11 months of hiding HAHAHAHA

Thai Food tonite, place is called  'Longrain' in Melbourne Australia.

quite a few piccies so ill slap them in the hidden box to not annoy ppl haha

Spoiler

Betel leaf, spanner crab, galangal, finger lime

qlek2kn.jpg

Chargrilled Wagyu beef skewer, sweet fish sauce

Qvx9U9E.jpg

Filled eggnet, prawns, bean shoots, peanuts, coriander

OBs221U.jpg

Pad Thai, Skull Island tiger prawns, peanuts, bean sprouts

lpxIqhE.jpg

Salt & pepper silken tofu, crispy eschalots, sweet soy

lMoaEme.jpg

Papaya salad, snake beans, tomatoes

VCxDW8F.jpg

Green curry, Japanese pumpkin, young jackfruit, Thai basil

MDC6zhR.jpg

Panang curry of chargrilled lamb, coriander, candlenut 

HuQIywe.jpg

Gai Lan, shiitake xo

n0SkM7j.jpg

Coconut tapioca, macadamia, caramelised pineapple

6U0jCK3.jpg

Duck egg caramel custard, frozen citrus

gf1gT7K.jpg

Sweet mango, sticky rice, coconut granita

gaZRwu4.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Tasty 4

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

• 4 weeks later...

Out of the short lockdown and straight into the French nommiessss (The French Brasserie - Melbourne)

Needed my Escargots fix.

Spoiler

my fav the Escargots

q0PCykK.jpg

Steak Tartate

X9HZnjY.jpg

Duck Confit

CD6ZSW0.jpg

Beef cheek ( special of the day, so i cant remember. LOL oops )

fBqFXWU.jpg

Chocolate Fondant

QIJYOZi.jpg

Lemon meringue tart and raspberries

HkHX3fC.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Tasty 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh more fine dining! What is the verdict for this place? @TRaNz

To be honest I have not tried escargot before. What does it taste like?

Not quite fine dining, probably more casual elegant dining. :smile:

This is one of my fav go-to places for French in Melbourne. They do the escargot just right, but more so, I've been craving French for 13 months. :SquirtleNiceAhah:

Its not a bad taste like everyone makes it out to be. To be honest a place that can cook it right, it'll just taste like the mince beef from a bolognese of a pasta. People sometimes say that its too chewy and its ewwww..if its chewy....they've cooked it wrongly.

I do recommend you try it but at a French place that has good and high rating, because they would cook it correctly so you get the proper taste and feel of escargot.:LaxEat:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Some modern Italian at Osteria Ilaria. :SquirtleNiceAhah:

Spoiler

Porcini mushroom croquette

h2RBKLu.jpg

Zucchini flower, pickled tropea onion, mountain pepper

g6xAbYG.jpg

Kingfish crudo, sorrel, tomatillo

BmfQa16.jpg

Lamb tartare, charred cucumber, ice plant

0tbL62f.jpg

Tortellini and truffle

TuRWF3g.jpg

Baby snapper, oyster butter, nettle

IngL7lx.jpg

5+ Wagyu sirloin, anaheim peppers, guanciale

9Ome33P.jpg

Dark chocolate torta, liquorice, apricot sorbet

OvxmZf8.jpg

Fresh figs, fig leaf oil, ricotta gelato

EHgjNjr.jpg

Blackberries, house cultured cream, burnt honey

1lpk2Ze.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Tasty 2

On 1/29/2021 at 12:33 AM, TRaNz said:

Finally!!! i can participate in this thread because I have finally gone and dined out after 11 months of hiding HAHAHAHA

Thai Food tonite, place is called  'Longrain' in Melbourne Australia.

quite a few piccies so ill slap them in the hidden box to not annoy ppl haha

Oh heyyy you went all out on your first dining after covid experience. Longrain is super fancy :wow:

Have to admit I haven't been yet! Will have to check it out sometime!

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

8 hours ago, JenL said:

Oh heyyy you went all out on your first dining after covid experience. Longrain is super fancy :wow:

Have to admit I haven't been yet! Will have to check it out sometime!

You should go check it out now while theres the 'covid safe' rules in place because Longrain is known for communal dining. Thanks to covid, all groups are separate meaning you dont have randoms sitting next to you. sooooo much better. haha

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Wahhh I am loving this! @TRaNz

I've to wait till the end of the month to be able to share new good food pictures.

Keep it coming! I'm noting down these places for future visits :mine:

hehe, trying to make up for lost time, but of course watching my bank account. hahahaa.

Keen to see your nom nomssss !! :LaxEat:

• Like 2

:SquirtleNiceAhah: that would go down so nice right now for lunch @mademoiselle

I just checked it out....wait...youre from or in Australia - Victoria? wot? why do I keep thinking that youre from overseas? hahahaha omg i feel bad hahahaha. Or was it a few name changes and I've lost track..... hahahaha

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Haha it is true I'm from overseas. 😆

Are you living here now or visiting at the moment? It would be living here right? pretty sure our borders are like shut again.

Because if you're living here....ohh you can go to the places in the city that I went to......oooooo mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :love:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jjajangmyeon

Today's lunch

uQRxaCH.jpg

@TRaNz

Have you visited Sepia in Sydney before it close down? That became my top 1 fine dining (outstanding in every single dish) beating all the others I've visited. The chef was going to open a restaurant in Melbourne but COVID hits.

https://www.goodfood.com.au/eat-out/news/plans-revealed-for-the-most-ambitious-restaurant-opening-of-2021-20201204-h1smff

I've been fed ants and possum by Ben Shrewry. Definitely ready to try some escargot now. Hahaha.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Ohh wooowww, I will need to remember now. @mademoiselle one of us Melbournians !!! hahahaha :love:

Nah I actually havent travelled for a long time, don't think I will for ages. Never heard of Sepia, anything out of Victoria is gonna be unknown to me.

That lunch looks soo good. Not gonna lie....that paper cup in the pic....I swear soo many korean places I eat at in the city, like casual places have those same cups for water. hahahaha.

I did a lazy  one today and uber eats some charcoal chicken and chips from nearby hhahaha.

Oh Ben, yeah we did Attica like 2 years back, yes he showed me the different ants, like South Australian Ants and Queensland Ants....LMFAO, but the experience of the 4 hour journey was the best though. Would love to do again.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

34 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

Nah I actually havent travelled for a long time, don't think I will for ages. Never heard of Sepia, anything out of Victoria is gonna be unknown to me.

I used to watch Masterchef and a friend in Sydney told me about Sepia so I visited in 2018. Managed to be there just before it closed. Oh look at the gallery from this website: https://www.martinbenn.com/ , I have some of those dishes. It was magnificent by visual and taste! I also had this https://www.instagram.com/p/CCUXWdtl8HS/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

There are a few more in Sydney I've yet to try, like Quay and Tetsuya ($$$$). Have you ate at Rockpool or Brae?

I had lazy meal on Saturday (ate leftover as 3 meals :SquirtlePuke:); I needed something different today. I was aiming for Vietnamese raw beef Pho actually but it was closed for kitchen upgrade, so went for Korean instead. It's actually the first time I was given paper cups in a restaurant. There are so many more food places to explore in the city. Keep your food pics coming coz I need to expand my dining horizon :laugh::SquirtleNiceAhah:

Ooh, did you meet Ben personally & he told you about the ants? When I ate ants, I thought my dad would've scolded me for paying so much to be served ants. :laugh: I don't think Ben was there when we visited.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 1

o0o0o0o, fair enough. 

Rockpool I've been to a few times in the past, but not recent. Its pretty normal to me, like think of it like a top place for steaks primarily.

Nothing ever wrong with Rockpool....hmm..maybe I should go visit since its been too long hahaha.

Brae....like...you see....I'm single, so I cant really go to places that are sort of catered for weekend getaways that are for couples. haha

So some special places I want to go to but I cant also include like Vue De Monde, No.35 and Eureka 89. They're just really romantic date night places. So I've blocked myself from going to those places. haha

Oh nah we didn't meet Ben, but I meant like we ate there and the menu was composed by him along with the dishes. haha

I think the only 2 chefs I met while dining at their venue was Philippe Mouchel (when he was at Deja Vu years ago and Philippe nowdays) and Shane Delia (Maha - pretty sure this one is still operating)

Yeah i'll try go out a bit more. haha, I dont have lots of friends who like splurging on food. Most of them are the casual cheap eats type. hahaha

You should hit casual but elegant dining restaurants in the CBD now, just purely coz of covid safe rules. Sometimes I find some places are really squished with other tables next to you soo close and you end up not being able to talk and listen to the person in front of you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRaNz said:

Brae....like...you see....I'm single, so I cant really go to places that are sort of catered for weekend getaways that are for couples. haha

So some special places I want to go to but I cant also include like Vue De Monde, No.35 and Eureka 89. They're just really romantic date night places. So I've blocked myself from going to those places. haha

Actually I went fine dining mostly with girlfriends. So don't think about whether the restaurants are for couples only. Focus on the yummy food 🤤

1 hour ago, TRaNz said:

I dont have lots of friends who like splurging on food. Most of them are the casual cheap eats type

Same. That's why I didn't get to have many experiences before because no one to go with. The one friend one was in another state so we could only go when we meet up. I found another friend now so we make plans to do 3 this year 🤞🏻 fingers crossed no change of plans. If my sister is here, I would be able to do more sensory tasting, she's a foodie too. We went to Kenzan (Japanese), that was good 😍

1 hour ago, TRaNz said:

Sometimes I find some places are really squished with other tables next to you soo close and you end up not being able to talk and listen to the person in front of you.

True. That's why I didn't enjoy Chin Chin. Vue De Monde was the best, everyone sits far away and so quiet. I want to go to Coda again. Went there once few years back, loved it, but the people I went with was conscious of money so we didn't order many dishes to try.

I haven't gone to Brae coz it is a long drive. It is on the list, just not priority. As for Rockpool, I see. I should look at the menu again coz if they do nice seafood I might be more eager but if it's just steaks, Squires Loft is pretty decent. How do you like your steak cook?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1