Guessing Games: Yes or No?

3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

you country is going into another lockdown?

I doubt it would, coz even if there are like 1000+ new cases out of 100,000+ tests every day, the recoveries are also at 1000+ daily, and death rate remains below 5 per day. 

You had something spicy for dinner? 

• Like 2

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

10 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

partial? suppose to buy things for friends now....though im wondering how are we going to handle our xchange part with the country going into partial lockdown again....

are you use to the new normal now?

The plan for my family/friends is to meet up to exchange the gifts and then video call each other to open the gifts. 

Yes and no. I'm usually a homebody so I didn't really need to adjust that much. I know some people are having a hard time with it, like my extroverted friend. Haha!

Does it snow where you live?

• Haha 2
35 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

are you doing online shopping for xmas gift?

If I'm buying clothes, shoes, accessories, bags, toiletries, I usually do it now via online shopping. If there are good sales like 60-90% off, I would order in bulk, especially Bath and Body Works items for personal use and for gifting.

Do you still miss the malls after the new normal?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

actually no....cause im pretty much a homebody lols....

is your house stocking up on mask

Same here, also a homebody. 

Yeah. Here you can order from the pharmacy. I bought 6 boxes adult masks and 3 boxes child masks a month ago. 

Are you required to use gloves there? (We do) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

spacer.png

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Are you required to use gloves there? (We do) 

No, some may use it for personal reason or if their work require them so. But it is not a must. 

What a must is wearing a mask and maintain physical distancing also following some health protocols. Then we're good.

And I always carry extra masks for replacements and hand sanitizer. Haha. So when we don't find water and need to clean in a quick time I have it ready in my bag. 

Do you think face shield is better than face mask? 

• Like 3
On 11/12/2020 at 9:49 PM, Tofu said:

Do you think we'll have a vaccine by next year?

For general public, maybe? It's in 3rd phase of trials now, right? In UAE, it's been made available for med front liners. And for sure the volunteers who participated in the testings. The most recent official vaccinated is the PM and VP. IIRC, the trial vaccine is from Sinopharm.

Given the chance, would you volunteer in mass trials for testing drugs'  efficacy? 

Edited by MayanEcho
  • Like 1

spacer.png

On 11/12/2020 at 1:15 PM, MayanEcho said:

For general public, maybe? It's in 3rd phase of trials now, right? In UAE, it's been made available for med front liners. And for sure the volunteers who participated in the testings. The most recent official vaccinated is the PM and VP. IIRC, the trial vaccine is from Sinopharm.

Given the chance, would you volunteer in mass trials for testing drugs'  efficacy? 

My biggest fear about the vaccine is that people will see it as a "cure" to COVID and stop practicing social distancing, washing their hands, and wearing their masks. 

Possibly, I think I would want to know about the potential side effect and how reputable the company offering this is before I decide. 

Do you listen to music when you work?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
4 hours ago, Tofu said:

My biggest fear about the vaccine is that people will see it as a "cure" to COVID and stop practicing social distancing, washing their hands, and wearing their masks. 

Unfortunately,  vaccine or no vaccine, there are COVID19 deniers who refused and gave all kinds of excuses not to observe social distancing,  wash hands, and wear masks.

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

Do you listen to music when you work?

Not really.

Have you been trapped in the lift?

• Like 1

spacer.png

On 11/15/2020 at 1:09 AM, MayanEcho said:

Have you been trapped in the lift?

Yes! It was such a scary experience because I was moving into my new apartment and was carrying a lot of my items. Luckily it's only three floors and after a few minutes, it started working again. I stopped using the elevator for everything since that day. I would just carry my stuff up the stairs and only use the elevator if absolutely necessary. 

Are you looking forward to the holiday season? 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Tofu said:

Yes! It was such a scary experience because I was moving into my new apartment and was carrying a lot of my items. Luckily it's only three floors and after a few minutes, it started working again. I stopped using the elevator for everything since that day. I would just carry my stuff up the stairs and only use the elevator if absolutely necessary. 

Though I haven't been trapped yet (knock on the wood) in lifts, I can imagine how it must have felt. It's disconcerting too that there aren't mobile signals too in the lift most of the times.

9 hours ago, Tofu said:

Are you looking forward to the holiday season? 

Eeyup! I think most of us just want this year to be over soon!

Are you hopeful 2021 would be better than 2020?

• Like 1

spacer.png