9 hours ago, -StrongTower- said:

Joined late watching this drama but now I am loving it. It's so heartwarming. It reminds me of Go Back Couple but this drama imo is far better. GBC was great but 18Again touches different sides of the family story and is more mature. It includes stories of their grown up children, the male lead reconnecting with his father, career life of the wife, bullying, teacher probs, etc. 

I am in love with LDH!!!! How old is he? Hahaha.

Saw him guested twice this year in RM. He caught my eye then cause he was wittily funny. Am so happy for him. He really worked hard. 

LDH is a variety natural. He's already funny without even trying.

8 hours ago, -StrongTower- said:

Oh wow! Really? What's funny is that I posted a similar comment in DDSSLLS thread that the drama reminded me of Shopping King Louie and someone said the similar thing of those dramas having the same PD as well.  Haha

Well, speaking of LDH age, hmm. He wont mind a noona right? Hhaha. Just kidding.

Our age is not too big of a difference anyway. Hahahahha. *slaps my face to return to reality.

Ahahaha, we did discuss that before in Dol Sol La thread. The writer of Dol Sol La wrote Shopping King Louis so you could see the resemblance of the writing style. However I think 18 Again is not because of the PD that reminds us of Go Back Couple but the backbone story itself is very similar. If this show is written by Go Back Couple writer I think it'd make us cry a lot more (like Hi! Bye Mama) rather than a good balance of laughter and touching moments.

You know what I notice? A lot of men seems to like dating Noona. Maybe because it is in their nature to like being nurtured... :idk:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1

I think I will melt if LDH gazes at me like this :duckhearts:

103745835.1.jpg

Translated article with papago in spoiler

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20201102/103745836/1

Spoiler

In the last broadcast, Ko Woo-young (played by Lee Do-hyun), whose longing and affection for Jung Da-jung (played by Kim Ha-neul), exploded, raising interest. Especially at the end of the 12th episode, Woo-young, who was touched by the sweet words of hope that the other half would get along well, approached him with his hands and kissed him, creating excitement. However, as soon as Woo-young's affection was seen hitting Woo-young in the cheek, questions were raised about his future development.

Meanwhile, "18 Again" will steal attention by revealing two-shot stills of Kim Ha-neul and Lee Do-hyun ahead of the 13th episode on the 2nd (Monday). The distance between two people, which is only a span, creates a heart tremor. At the same time, Kim Ha-neul and Lee Do-hyun attract attention with expressions that show a temperature difference. While Kim Ha-neul shows an embarrassed look, Lee Do-hyun amplifies his excitement by looking at him with a more affectionate and mellow look.

This is the image of Kim Ha-neul and Lee Do-hyun facing each other in the crowded elevator. Questions are mounting over what kind of story the two will portray after kissing and cheek baptism, and the upcoming romance development.

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  The Judge From Hell  Sat-Sun: - Daily: -  C-drama: - The First Shot

Spoilers for eps 13 based on raw JTBC videos

I wanted to stream live but it was just too much trouble to watch on JTBC and use VPN etc. So anyhow I saw some cuts & as expected DaJung ran off. AR tried to stop her & DY ran after her as well. But she got on Mr Baseball's car . DY tried to grab a car to go after her. AR stopped him and ask why is he doing this. He says he wants to tell her the truth because he loves her

Spoiler

Ji Hoon took her back & as she alighted the car he asked if everything was ok , he saw Woo Young running after her. She said it was fine. She walked off . Then WY came in a cab. JH saw. WY stopped DY in her tracks & ask her to spare him a moment so that he could explain. She was not going to & felt flustered. Ji Hoon comes & stops WY. Says he was out of line or something . WY says this has nothing to do with you , get lost.  JH threaten some stuff...WY was like who are you to her. Then DJ says he is ahjumma's boyfriend . WY was like that is a lie . JH says not a lie . It is true. Then he took DJ's hands and walked off with her. WY could only look on exasparated. JH walked DJ back to her place. She apologised for having to use him that way. He says what if it is true that I become your boyfriend. She was take aback. Anyhow he did not push the matter.

Spoiler

The next scene was funny .So the next day DY went to see Deok Jin since she thinks as WY's father they should discuss this problem. She was like sorry bout  the accident at the party etc..then as she was saying some stuff- the teacher texted Deok Jin and was not happy with this whole issue of DY kissing his friend. I think she has not accepted his proposal yet. Anyway he was so distracted that he blurted out about the kiss in front of DJ and the latter was feeling bad...Deok Jin was just angry & was cursing DY/WY  ...DaJun could not understand why Deok Jin was not handling this like a parent. Later, DY went to see AeRin and told her about her meeting Deok Jin. Then the conversation led to how DY said she actually felt her heart fluttered & was saying I must be crazy...AR wanted to tell her the truth then, but DY left quickly.

Spoiler

While waiting to see the teacher , WY overhears ShiA telling her teacher her dreams about being a make-up artist. This came as a surprise to WY/ DY because  he finally knows that Shi Ah has dreams -something she wanted to do.

He later on went to chat with her & she told him she likes doing make-up , and even has plans what she events she could do.

Spoiler

DJ & her colleagues were in a lift and she caught one of the PDs taking upskirt pictures of Yoo Mi. Using her self defense skills she apprehended the PD on the spot & snatched his phone. At first one of the senior colleagues ask them to apologise to the PD & ask the PD to excuse them but DJ was like why should we. They check his phone & he had many perverted videos. He was taken to the police. Sadly, even though DJ did the right thing, it was somewhat an embarrassment for the station. The higher ups removed her from hosting the divorce show . How unfair. 

-----

So this scene was when JH confessed his feelings. He came with a ring. He say who do you rely on when you are having a tough time ( she thought of DY) . He says he want to be that person to you. He wants to make her happy & that he likes her. But DY says she cannot accept. She says he is a good person but she just can't . 

DY calls DJ as she walks listlessly home ( think after the she rejected JH). She was like why are you calling. He says are you ok -saw that you were replaced at the station. She got mad & told him why do you care. She was like don't bother caring. And went on to say more hurtful words. She was like you're never here etc...then he was like just look over this side ( he was on the other side of the road) , I have always been by your side. She was like - liar & hung up the phone. He tried to cross the road but there were too many cars

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  The Judge From Hell  Sat-Sun: - Daily: -  C-drama: - The First Shot

Then Da Jung went to pick SA from the store where she was working part-time. So DJ confronted her about not telling her . SA finally tells her that it was because she was trying to save for make-up school. So DJ finally knows too that SA has a dream . But DJ was angry because she wanted SA to have told her. They ended up arguing & SA said some hurtful stuff about how DJ regrets having them etc.

Spoiler

Fortunately the mother & daughter did reconcile at the end.

Spoiler

And this scene got me crying a river. Shi Ah had gone to the bank to update & check her bank balances . Over the years she discovered her father has been working hard & putting aside money for her for every single milestone  in her life. From her 1st word to her 1st bike ride. To the 1st time she made him scarf. Prepare your tissue. ( we get to see the young DJ)

Shi A calls DY and tells him how much she misses him. :nervous:. He promises her he will be there soon for her

Spoiler

Then the highlight scene ....DY calls DJ and ask for chance to meet. She went down to meet. She called him and then she turned around . WY/ DY on the phone says this is me DY , not WY....

FINALLY!

Preview... @LaLa if you're free , I hope you can translate. Thanks

• Like 2

Preview ep 14

Rough translations

Girl: Gu Ja Sung doesn't like a girl like you (SA is not JS's type?). No wonder she just looks like her mother
Boy: I can't let you go easily
Man: I have found the video of the night your brother's accident
JH: The man who's caught in the video, are you sure that he's Hong Dae Young?
DJ: Are you having fun that you have fooled me all this time?
DJ: If you decided to hide it, you should have live your life well. Why are you staying by my side? Whenever you appear in front me, do you know what I think?
DJ: I miss you Hong Dae Young

• Thanks 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Episode 13

I cried so much for this episode! But, it's good cry because there's so much feelsss. The bit where Shi Ah said she is a burden to her parents, the banking books 😭 and seeing Lee Do Hyun being a young dad, Shi Ah telling Dae Young she misses him... 2601.png2601.png2601.png

img.gif

Spoiler

img.gif

img.gif

source: Untitled

Da Jung said her heart doesn't flutter for Dae Young after being with him for so long, but later on she admitted her heart flutters for Woo Young and not sure because he's Woo Young or Woo Young looks like Dae Young. It sort of crack me up a bit because I think she felt it because the current Dae Young is not the old, worn looking Dae Young but the youthful, beautiful Dae Young. Hahahahahahahahaha. I can't help but laugh and think of our dear @SilverMoonTea. Lovers of Oppas chingu-deul, you guys will understand, right? @abs-oluteM

img.gif

Spoiler

img.gif

Oh yeah!!! And then there's that Ji Ho and Shi Ah's scene! Another heart fluttering scene (although I've never seen it happen in school!) but no progress again!!!

991-F364-E5-FA0210-C1-E.gif

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3

Aish there's no Lee Do Hyun's thread to put this so I'm putting it here. It appeared as recommendation on my YT so I clicked into it. Now I wanna check out Scouting Reporter if it is available online! LDH is so tanned in this TV Movie.

Spoiler

@LaLa Can I trouble you what did LDH say at 6:57... his voice broke and nearly in tears again there.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Episode 13 - The man who made my heart flutters

Another great episode. Cried so much towards the end. Even worse than ep.8 because this time I cannot hold back the water dam as well. Especially in the last scene when he said "I am Hong DaeYoung, not Go WooYoung" - I broke down in tears again... Finally... He gets to say who he truly is.

ShiAh is the focus in this episode. We got to know why she has been working the part time job. Good motivation although she did misunderstand her parents a little bit about being forced to give birth to her. The bankbook DaeYoung has been keeping was a firm testimony of how precious she is for her parents. It is a great montage for us to see how this young parents cherished their daughter. Not gonna deny it, I was bawling like ShiAh did at the bank. 

I admire DaJung being able to cool down so fast and talked to ShiAh calmly at home. I should really learn from her how to be a good mother. Her worry about ShiAh not going to the university is valid, because of what she herself experienced. However, I guess the times have changed now. For the younger generation, university degrees are no longer the determinant for success in today's society. I mean in a few years time. Although we see DaJung experiencing setbacks because of her lack of university education, I personally don't think the younger generation now (aka. the millennials) will experience that as much when they enter the society. 

Really love the three generations mother-daughter time again. It's just a simple event of drinking time, but it meant a lot as they expressed their love and appreciation for one another. 

Preview: what's DaeYoung relationship with the accident of JiHoon's brother? He saved him? He wasn't the cause of the accident, was he? I am honestly worried although I don't think we'll go that makjang route. I need to go back to the episode when JiHoon was sharing about the accident to be sure.

Need to go for now. Will be back to share more.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I am back...

I went to rewatch ep.7 for JiHoon's hyung's accident. The car that hit his car was a white van, but in the preview, the person we see running is from hyung's car towards the white van. Still so unclear.... The thing is, DaeYoung used to drive a white van for work, but his van has company name across the whole side, whereas the white van of doom was a clean white. 

More thoughts on ep.13:

- another rain and umbrella scene we see in the epilogue

- very heart fluttering confession from JiHoon "I want you to be happy. Let me be the person who create that happiness for you" swooooon :wow:

heart fluttering moment also between JiHo and ShiAh, but oh so short!! ~ when will we see them together?? Who will confess first? JiHo or ShiAh?? Well, since ShiAh told JaSung that she has someone she likes, and it's clear that person is not WooYoung, I am just going to assume it is JiHo. 

Okay, this is probably jumping ahead. Where does WooYoung get his money from? Surely not loaning from DeokJin? And when he comes back to DaeYoung-self, what work will he take up? Since he resigned from his job already? Any guesses? I am concerned about this because it seems like DaJung's position at the station is once again at risk because of her heroic rescue of YuMi. Gosh that broadcasting station sure has lots of problem. I wish for her to go work for another station. Maybe another station will scout her.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I went to rewatch ep.7 for JiHoon's hyung's accident. The car that hit his car was a white van, but in the preview, the person we see running is from hyung's car towards the white van. Still so unclear.... The thing is, DaeYoung used to drive a white van for work, but his van has company name across the whole side, whereas the white van of doom was a clean white.

I think Dae Young was trying to help. Must be a misunderstanding. He did have an accident too (the dream he had when as Woo Young was hit by a car), so not sure if those two are tied together. I don't believe Dae Young would hit and run. He's not that kind of person, both Dae Young and Da Jung.

11 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Where does WooYoung get his money from? Surely not loaning from DeokJin? And when he comes back to DaeYoung-self, what work will he take up? Since he resigned from his job already? Any guesses? I am concerned about this because it seems like DaJung's position at the station is once again at risk because of her heroic rescue of YuMi. Gosh that broadcasting station sure has lots of problem. I wish for her to go work for another station. Maybe another station will scout her.

Woo Young is using his severance pay for now, if I'm not mistaken. In the film, he was hired as a basketball coach by the school principal (who supposedly is the role of the cosplay teacher) but it might be completely different for this drama, or not touched on at all in the finale. Da Jung's position is always at risk but I think she'll eventually get to stay. Just a feeling for now.

• Heart Eyes 2
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I think Dae Young was trying to help. Must be a misunderstanding. He did have an accident too (the dream he had when as Woo Young was hit by a car), so not sure if those two are tied together. I don't believe Dae Young would hit and run. He's not that kind of person, both Dae Young and Da Jung.

I believe he won't hit and run too, so I don't wish for a misunderstanding from JiHoon. I want DaeYoung to be the unseen hero who brought his hyung to hospital and disappeared, that's why JiHoon has been looking for this person to show gratitude. Good thing we don't have to wait a week hahaha...

7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

In the film, he was hired as a basketball coach by the school principal (who supposedly is the role of the cosplay teacher) but it might be completely different for this drama, or not touched on at all in the finale.

This will be a great solution, since that disgusting coach is out of the picture now. The school will need a new coach. 

I'm hoping for DaJung to stay too. At least the Director who used to want her out is already on her side now. I'm hoping for the program she was ditched by will fail without her as the MC *evillaugh*

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

I created a Lee Do Hyun thread - come visit. I think the boy deserves some love portraying Go Woo Young / Hong Dae Young.

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I believe he won't hit and run too, so I don't wish for a misunderstanding from JiHoon. I want DaeYoung to be the unseen hero who brought his hyung to hospital and disappeared, that's why JiHoon has been looking for this person to show gratitude. Good thing we don't have to wait a week hahaha...

From the preview it seems Ji Hoon thinks Dae Young is the culprit. He looked rather tortured/in pain? Luckily he doesn't Woo Young is Dae Young, eh? :P We'll know tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

This will be a great solution, since that disgusting coach is out of the picture now. The school will need a new coach.

The school already hired a new coach though, after they got rid of Il Kwon. That's why I think it might be different approach for this drama :( Apart from basketball, I can't think of what other skills Dae Young has to be honest that allows him to change career. It's not like they have the money to start a business themselves. Sigh.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle @ktcjdrama confirmed that DY is using his severance pay to survive. I remember that being mentioned. I just got off with subs and oh my gosh , the last 20 minutes was so emotional. I am so glad that SA realises now that her parents never saw her as an accident that held them back. That whole bank book scene was really well done , I cried buckets again. 

If there's one thing that DJ and DY can look back with pride is what good parents they are. For two 18 year-olds who were also kids in a way themselves, they did an amazing job raising the twins . The kids were always their priority. I so love the flashback scenes

BmaVEpy.pngtv5Hb8J.png

It wasn't always so bad...it was clear that DY did not take DJ for granted. He saw her needs , and addressed them . He realised she may have wanted a proper wedding & suggested one. He was supportive of her going back to college & becoming an announcer. I think the breakdown happened because his own dreams were always put on the back burner, and he was  underappreciated at work and to an extent by his family. That drove him to build an emotional wall & he turned to drinking ( though he's not that hard core) to drown his feelings. I think the final key for DY to turn back to his old self is when he can be acknowledged by his family and that he no longer regrets the choice he made then; though I personally don't think he regrets having his family in the 1st place.

Like the epilogue

LZDDWyb.png

• Heart Eyes 2

Woahhh this kiss is so good!

Lee Do Hyun is a good kisser! And the positions of both their hands :1000: And they made sure it is full moon signifying union, echoing what Da Jung was talking about half moon before.

BTS kiss. So quick! BTS kiss is almost always better than on screen, tsk

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Party! 1

Recaps of for eps 14 based on raw JTBC videos

So we start of with a flashback to 2 years ago when she had just returned from somewhere on a bus. During the ride she saw this old couple who were still very loving with each other. DY came to get her when she arrived at the station. She asked him if he missed her as she missed him. He avoided saying those exact words , and just talk about other things. She got really upset. Later on he was in the staff hostel on night shift and saw how lovey dovey the colleague was to his wife. He decided to text DJ to say I miss you but somehow did not press send as her message asking him when he will be back came in. 

Spoiler

The scene we were waiting for...she didn't quite believe him & told him to stop joking. She was like how can you look this young. He tried to prove it to her by telling her how he knows the rooftop place was her place of comfort when she was sad, that's why he came to look for her. She said why did he hide then if it was true..he talked about how he wanted to go back to achieving his dreams in basketball again. Then while in school he realised how little he knew of the kids & wanted to get to know them by becoming friends with them. Anyhow she didn't believe him & told him to give the phone back to the actual owner

Omo...our boy Ji-Ho finally confessed. She was showing him the bank book her parents had for her . Then WY waved to them. Ji-Ho says he doesn't like WY, SA was like I think he is fine. Ji-Ho says he likes you . SA laughs & says no of course not. Then she turned back & asked JH why does that matter & he says because I LIKE YOU!!!! She was taken aback & told him to stop joking ..not funny & walked away

Seriously I cried a river here. He passed by & saw the MIL and helped her with her groceries. She ended up inviting him to eat when she heard his growling stomach. She served him stewed short ribs something which DY had loved. DY was reminded of the younger days when MIL came by to serve him this dish ( also help them with some money) . Then he was so moved , told her that it was so delicious and reminded him of his mum. Then she told him from now on I will be your mum. Back to the present , DY / WY was tearing up & MIL asked why , what is wrong . He says I am reminded of my mum. Then she said that she was reminded of her son. :nervous:

more recaps in a bit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deok Jin was sad & wanted to text Ms Ok that he misses her but held back. DY comes to join him & says are you just gonna give up like that . DY told him don't give up. Later Deok Jin goes back home & was inspired by a conversation with Ms Ok during the cosplay party - related to the ironman costume. 

Spoiler

Such a sweet scene where AeRin defends her DY & DJ at a high school reunion where the others was badmouthing the couple for getting pregnant so young etc. 

Spoiler

Yay our cute couple sailing ! When she was being harrased by the gangsters , Ji-Ho came to save her . He grabbed her & they ran away. The gangsters chased them & Ja Sung with his friends stopped the gangsters from chasing them. Later in a safe place Ji-Ho let go of SA's hands and asked if she was feeling uncomfortable. She was like no , the she said sorry . He was like why should you be sorry since I made it uncomfortable for us. Then he says let's go. She then ran to him & grab his hand!!! Yay

She bumped into WY & Shi-Ho. Told WY off not to look for Shi Woo . Later SW was like how can you say this. She tells him not to hang out with WY and mix with his own friends. She could not really explain fully why. But SW told her that he doesn't have friends & was bullied. Thanks to SW who stood up for him & became his friend. She was so shocked & asked why he didn't tell her , he says how could he tell her he was bullied

Another emotional scene as DY came to send the MIL off as she was going back by bus to her own town. She was surprised that WY came to give her her fave bun. She was reminded of DY who used to do that . DY would also buy her this fave bun and give her pocket money etc. They had a very good relationship

Spoiler

So unfair...think DJ loses her job at JBC because of what she did exposing the perverted PD

Spoiler

She still cannot believe it was him here. She told him to forget what happened at the party & just stay away from her & her son. He decided not to press the matter, gave her an umbrella. He said some words to comfort her as he knew something bad must have happened at work. The words he said was only something that DY could say to her

Ji Hoon finds out more about the brother's accident & was told it is linked to DY. He calls DY and asked him if he remembers the accident that happened some Christmas years ago. DY just said sorry & the video cuts off

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awww when DJ went to collect her shoes, the sales assistant asked for her autograph. Then the latter related about how her shoes was bought by someone who was her fan  & DJ realizes that it was DY because she says the fan who knows everything about you is a student

Spoiler

It finally all clicked ...and I think this scene need no explanation. Nevertheless she does say if you have felt regret , why didn't you go and live a better life. Why come back or something. Then she tells him that she misses him . I approve the kiss @mademoiselle . Such an emotional one

Even have a kiss BTS :D

Spoiler

Super love this epilogue...Ji-Ho tells why he loves SA 's dad. When younger, JH who has no dad was supposed to go for a parent-child race. His mum could not as she injured her leg. So DY did it with him...so he has very fond memories of DY. In the present , JH looks at some old videos & was shocked that DY looks exactly like Woo Young!!!

Preview

Sweet date scenes & ooo the ending did he say let's spend the night together or something @LaLa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@abs-oluteM thanks for recap. I haven’t read it to avoid spoilers. Just tell me if any cry-fest or not? Coz subs not yet out and I have important meeting tomorrow late morning. Wondering if I should watch before meeting or not. Haha cannot wait to watch first thing in the morning. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

3 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@abs-oluteM thanks for recap. I haven’t read it to avoid spoilers. Just tell me if any cry-fest or not? Coz subs not yet out and I have important meeting tomorrow late morning. Wondering if I should watch before meeting or not. Haha cannot wait to watch first thing in the morning. 

yes...you will have tears.  Watch after meeting or just use make-up to cover up puffy eyes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

yes...you will have tears.  Watch after meeting or just use make-up to cover up puffy eyes. 

I never knew that make-up can cover up puffy eyes LOL... need to up my skill 😂

Okay I think I should restrain myself from watching it before my meeting then. My eyes still recovering from today’s crying anyway. I should try to control my emotions more when watching this drama, but sometimes it feels so good to cry, the good kind of crying of course 😆

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif