This link talks about Salt & his contract has actually expired in Sept but there was partial extension due to HCCC. And I am wondering if this was because KSH did not extend the contract that Salt has been so silent on the matter. And I feel the timing is suspicious because it seems he was approached by other agencies. The rumor better not have been started to make life  & contract renewal hard for him\

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=382&aid=0000939410

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Korean culture seems very toxic and extremely unenviable. No wonder so many want to leave the country... Sigh. Even if true, what should have been a personal matter gets dragged out into the public sphere, and probably with all kinds of spice liberally added in. What you see in dramas where they pay someone off and guarantee protection if the police comes after them is not without truth in their community I reckon.

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 4

@abs-oluteMUnfortunate. I think what's rampant in today's culture of social media, is that people take to an anonymous public platform to resolve issues than to personally confront. How much this is the consequence of social culture is hard to say. In truth, it's become a "she said" issue, though he's wise to not add to a "he said". Was the abortion forced? Did he lie about marriage? Who really knows. Relationships sour for all sorts of reasons. You just need to read divorce affidavits to know this, and often, both parties have extremely different interpretations of the same event. The only thing you can hope for him is that a cooling off period will allow him to re-emerge stronger and there is learning in all of this for him. He still is a very talented actor.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

@gilaswan yeah no doubt about his talent. But  in his  statements he gives does not say much. An if the abortion is true, it is a criminal offence in 2020 in SK ( though Stroppyse say that it is an open secret that is done in many hospitals ) only decriminalized in 2021.   And advertisers will run. I do feel sorry for the GF that she had to resort to this and also the team of 2D1N- not sure what will happen now.  

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I do feel sorry for the GF that she had to resort to this and also the team of 2D1N- not sure what will happen now.  

Yeah, I have to say I feel sorry for the girlfriend if all she said happened did happen. I think it's not going to have good consequences for her either her identity ever gets found out. But it must have really messed her up for her to have to take that risk to speak out. I will also say it was good that she waited until Hometown Cha Cha Cha ended before this. :mine:

58 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@gilaswan he just came clean...shocking but not as well...

Yeah, I'm going to say that nothing really shocks me that much anymore. I love all my actors with an open door knowing that they may not be who I think they are and it sucks, but I will have to detatch and go if their ethics are not what I can stand behind. I don't like cancel culture or believe in projecting hatred towards anyone, but I also think people have to assess what they find out, especially if it's been confessed to which means that there are a number of facts that couldn't be denied. :shocked:

In this case, I will say there's also the story of the other side which has not been told. But if someone I knew like my friend or my sister or even a colleague I wasn't that close to had suddenly told me that their ex-boyfriend had done even half of this to them, I would have been so upset...so I feel it would be so hypocritical to stick up for this type of behaviour just because a talented, good looking actor (who I don't know personally at all) did this. I have no personal negative feelings towards anyone here, but it's just disappointing for everyone involved. :idk:

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

29 minutes ago, JenL said:

Yeah, I'm going to say that nothing really shocks me that much anymore. I love all my actors with an open door knowing that they may not be who I think they are and it sucks, but I will have to detatch and go if their ethics are not what I can stand behind. I don't like cancel culture or believe in projecting hatred towards anyone, but I also think people have to assess what they find out, especially if it's been confessed to which means that there are a number of facts that couldn't be denied. :shocked:

This is not the 1st actor/ celebrity that has issues , so I am so used to things like that.

I have adored him since 2017 when the Strongest Deliveryman started ( I started both his thread on Soompi & here ) so you can imagine I am disappointed. But oh well life goes on. There will be other oppas to love. I need to find another money making thread :thinking:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

This is not the 1st actor/ celebrity that has issues , so I am so used to things like that.

I have adored him since 2017 when the Strongest Deliveryman started ( I started both his thread on Soompi & here ) so you can imagine I am disappointed. But oh well life goes on. There will be other oppas to love. I need to find another money making thread :thinking:

*Big hugs* I hope things will be ok :heart:...it is definitely disppointing. Even though i wasn't a huge fan, he was still eye candy and fun to watch.

But I'm sure you have the greatest collection of Oppas with the best abs :cool:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@abs-oluteM@JenL Totally, totally understand what everyone here must be thinking now. As detached as we are/can be from this, it is nevertheless disappointing. And he's got to leave 2D1N now too, despite earlier professions he would stay on as long as possible. It does seem as if his career as it is now is quite severely damaged. I reckon even stage shows would be hard to come by now. My only thought is that Korea is already a very unforgiving place. The English translation of his statement might seem - PR-wise - very smart and careful to not say anything else but sorry, but it's hard to say how Koreans will actually respond to this. They are a culture that's so dependent on social approvals. 

You know, everyone makes mistakes in life. If we have no room for forgiveness, how to make it through the next day? I hope for everyone's sake, there is room for forgiveness in SK.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

I'm not defending nor do I feel the need to start angry at KSH.. at the end of the day.. I think everyone can make mistakes and judgement.

And tbh..this is a private matter and should have been handled privately.

Here in Asian entertainment, many times i think there is a tendency where fans put our fave in a too high of a pedestal and unable to accept mistakes. 

Jackie chen's issue has always make me cautious about this kind of tendency. Everyone are human after all. Yet we can't deny his influence and popularity.

So yeah... Kim SeonHo is a good actor and I find it a pity that things like this happens. I would miss his performances. Sigh.... 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

@Chocolate it is like this itself can become a drama plot. :BulbaConfused:

The ex

Spoiler

Soon I think this thread will become like tabloid. LOL

Summore on the bird app , they were saying got more to be revealed on the 25th. LOL ...what is happening? :brb:

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I knew him more for his variety persona, hence I was really shocked with all that came out.  Variety shows are very tricky as it the easiest way to get close to the general public, but image perception is also stronger.  Hence, if a lily-white persona was established (whether consciously or unconsciously) through a well-loved variety show, the expectation is greater.  I just really feel bad to the ex, HCCC crew and casts (as they seem to be receiving a whiplash effect) and 1N2D.  But seriously, 1N2D might need to do a detailed exorcism of some sort.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@akikisetsuHahaha... that last statement.

@abs-oluteMSo his ex was also a public figure? For sure this should have been sorted out in private. I have so many questions to ask:

• How much anger did she have that she felt she had to resort to such a public platform to get his attention?
  • Was it because he never responded and this was the only way to do it? Or was it simply because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned?
  • It appears Koreans have a penchant for the dramatic - what's the point in now saying you feel bad this has dragged down his career? Was that not what you were after?

How much truth, how much salt and pepper added, who really knows? I'm not sure I feel bad for the ex. I feel bad for any past hurts that were not resolved - and we all agree, it should have been a private matter between the 2 of them - but I cannot feel bad for any backlash she's getting now cos of her actions. She did take it to the public and if she is also being criticised for it now, that's what happens when you ask for a public forum on what should have been a private matter. 

• Clapping Hands 3

This Kim Seon Ho saga is not going to end anytime soon.... This cancel culture is seriously getting on my nerve.... one can choose to admire a person because one particular quality and for other bad things , one can choose to shrug it off by saying that it does not really both them much..... but no , people have to worship them like God and when they show human behaviour they just cannot accept it.... i wanna ask those who are judging how benevolent and sincere are you in your real life....its so easy to bash people online.... and that ex who came out said that she was not expecting such backlash on him.... who are you kidding , like seriously???

No woman can be forced into having an abortion, sort of dragging her to a clinic or drugging her or holding her down while the doctor does the work. I think as a couple, they discussed it, he was scared of that affecting his future, she was scared of it too and they figured out their options. The abortion was performed, then they kept trying to make a go of their relationship but it eventually soured because he was becoming a huge star. Eventually it was just too hard and he decided to end it. BREAK UPS HAPPEN. As a woman, I feel no pity for someone who makes a choice but can't hold themselves accountable for those choices. I get that her story is she did it because she thought she was gonna get married later on -- but that's neither here nor there. She still aborted the baby so the "precious baby" line is hypocritical.  He is no less emotionally manipulative than she is, except she did it in this way to destroy his life in public. Calling a fetus you aborted "my precious baby" is emotional manipulation too, and this time it's the public she's manipulating to destroy someone she used to love and from what I can read, used to love her too. They stayed a couple several months even after she got the abortion. Almost a year? That's not a shady scumbag using a woman for his pleasure and discarding her--which is the picture she is painting with the way she tells her story.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

So sus... so very sus...

I'm just taking lunch break to read up on some other news that has come in... My goodness... so many sides suddenly stepping forward. A drama of its own indeed!

And this about him badmouthing co-workers... I dunno... Don't you have bad work days and come home to a trusted person (spouse? Significant other?) and just vent? She's starting to sound manipulative... This is all just so sus... He would be the wiser to just keep silent, really.

• Like 4

@gilaswan trying to gain sympathy, nothing else.

We all badmouth our bosses to our colleagues... Now If k netz start to behave like pious saintly human and start judging him right left center, I would not be too surprised. What needed is other celebs coming forward to support him when he really needs it. But the irony is they are even promoting this cancel culture by being silent. 

• Like 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home