Jirisan 지리산 [2021]

stroppyse

@SnowBlob Yes, LYS's death was an accident. However, even if she had survived, Kim Sol would have targeted her again in the future.

@ktcjdrama Same here. Things just got really busy this week when it's supposed to wind down! I wish we had longer scenes with all the characters after Kim Sol's death, but as a summary, it explained very succinctly what happened with them so it doesn't feel jarring. Read a tweet by a doctor that apparently it is possible for SYG to recover within a year since she has been undergoing rehabilitation at the time. Similarly, according to her, she has also seen victims of TBI (traumatic brain injury) recover within that time period as well. But taking into consideration the supernatural framework of the drama, and the fact that KHJ's spirit was freed to return to his physical body after accomplishing what was tasked by the mountain, perhaps it is thus that he could also make extraordinary recovery. It's a fantasy drama after all.

Eps15-16 English subbed BTS is finally out! Finding it hard to move on... gah.

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 2

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

Thanks @liddi Yes I was wondering whether it was an accident or not because (if my memory is right) Yang Sun was in the old Black Ridge photo along with the other kids right? 

Spoiler

Out of topic but has anyone of you @liddi @Chocolate @ktcjdrama or anyone, watched Chimera yet?? Anyone is feeling like starting it? :laugh:

• Like 3

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

@SnowBlob 

Spoiler

I am watching Chimera. Up to ep 14 already haha. It's not bad. You can try.

But I think One Ordinary Day is even better. Only 8 episodes. Last 2 will be this weekend.

I'm starting Crime Puzzle too - only 1 episode - think this is the weakest of these 3.

9 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

Thanks @liddi Yes I was wondering whether it was an accident or not because (if my memory is right) Yang Sun was in the old Black Ridge photo along with the other kids right? 

Yes she was. But at the end, Kim Sol was not targeting the children. Hyeon Su, the soldier, who was the first to be killed, was his first and he just happened to be there I think.

14 minutes ago, liddi said:

@SnowBlob Yes, LYS's death was an accident. However, even if she had survived, Kim Sol would have targeted her again in the future.

I didn't get that impression. Why? Although I can't answer the question of why Yang Sun's name was in Se Wook's list.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@SnowBlob @Chocolate Yes, LYS was the only girl among the 5 children in the photo from Black Bridge village. Kim Sol was targeting the entire family - from the original head of the families who migrated, to their children and grandchildren. Granny Geum-rye's son (the Mr Jang whom I initially confused with Jang Hak-su the herb collector) was also killed even though he was actually studying in the city in 1991. As such, LYS being on LSW's list was not a fluke, just temporarily crossed out when Kim Sol decided to focus on KHJ first.

Yoon Sang-Hwa

cr. Asianwiki

So the moment he poisoned Sgt. Kim and got away with it, he had already determined that every single member of the family would also have to die.

@Chocolate Good point about LSW's phone. It might have been dropped in the mountain when he was killed, and was swept by the flood on to the riverbank afterwards. Just my 2 cents.

@SnowBlob 

Spoiler

Not watched Chimera yet... nor Inspector Koo which I had thought of giving a try previously because of LYA. Not sure whether I feel like watching another serial killer after Beyond Evil, Jirisan and (arguably) Mistress. Just started Ep1 of Uncle, and will definitely be continuing for OJS (tempted to resume When the Camellia Blooms for him and GHJ too, which was interrupted after Ep2 and didn't manage to continue with after that - wait, isn't that another serial killer?). We'll see.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

36 minutes ago, liddi said:

@SnowBlob @Chocolate Yes, LYS was the only girl among the 5 children in the photo from Black Bridge village. Kim Sol was targeting the entire family - from the original head of the families who migrated, to their children and grandchildren. Granny Geum-rye's son (the Mr Jang whom I initially confused with Jang Hak-su the herb collector) was also killed even though he was actually studying in the city in 1991. As such, LYS being on LSW's list was not a fluke, just temporarily crossed out when Kim Sol decided to focus on KHJ first.

So the moment he poisoned Sgt. Kim and got away with it, he had already determined that every single member of the family would also have to die.

Sorry, I forgot but who was the 4th male child? (Kim Sol, Se Wook, Officer Kim, Yang Sun + ?)

If everyone in the family is to be killed, than Yan Sun's mother should be a target too. It shouldn't skip a generation to her.

36 minutes ago, liddi said:

@Chocolate Good point about LSW's phone. It might have been dropped in the mountain when he was killed, and was swept by the flood on to the riverbank afterwards. Just my 2 cents.

This wasn't me lol. @ktcjdrama I think.

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Yes she was. But at the end, Kim Sol was not targeting the children. Hyeon Su, the soldier, who was the first to be killed, was his first and he just happened to be there I think.

But didn't Kim Sol in the end also kill officer Kim who was one of the children? 

7 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Sorry, I forgot but who was the 4th male child? (Kim Sol, Se Wook, Officer Kim, Yang Sun + ?)

If everyone in the family is to be killed, than Yan Sun's mother should be a target too. It shouldn't skip a generation to her.

I also forgot who the 5th child is~~ In the end all the children died :shocked: (except that 5th child whom I forget atm). 

Good point about Yang Sun's mother~ 

Spoiler

Thanks @Chocolate! I was going to wait until One Ordinary Day finishes airing but since you said the last 2 eps will be this weekend then I might give this a try first (I didn't realise this but I know Chimera's ending will be this week as well that's why I wanted to give Chimera a go). :taebtsthanks:

@liddi The new OJS drama sounds heartwarming .. I might put it on my watch list

• Like 3

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

@Chocolate @SnowBlob The 5 children were Kim Sol, Officer Kim, LSW, Sgt. Kim and LYS. Come to think of it, all the children died - 3 killed by Kim Sol alone.

As for LYS' mother, Kim Sol and LSW could only target those who lived in the vicinity and went up to the mountains so that the deaths could be disguised as accidents. LYS's parents did not live there - her mother only came for the Mountain Spirit ritual at the time. Hence, they could not be targeted. Similarly, LYS' grandpa who was in the aged care facility, and Heo Jin-ok who was hospitalised were out of their reach too. Mr. Hwang was lucky - he managed to stay alive to the end after narrowing escaping death previously.

Edited by liddi
  • Insightful 3

5 hours ago, liddi said:

Read a tweet by a doctor that apparently it is possible for SYG to recover within a year since she has been undergoing rehabilitation at the time.

I must’ve missed the part saying that she has been under rehab. 

4 hours ago, Chocolate said:

This wasn't me lol. @ktcjdrama I think.

🤔 nope, wasn’t me either... haha...

@SnowBlob I had to shelf away Chimera for now, because too many dramas!! I will watch, soon... Yes, come watch One Ordinary Day with us. 

@liddi I wrote something to you on the Uncle thread, basically about When Camellia Blooms, where OJS got his award for Best Supporting Actor. But all those got deleted when the site was under maintenance as I clicked on Submit. Then I forgot to write again 😅... Camellia scored 10/10 for me. It’s a good drama and won many awards. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

19 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I must’ve missed the part saying that she has been under rehab. 

@ktcjdrama Oh, it was mentioned in Ep4 ~16min mark. The nurse at ICU asked SYG if she was keeping up with her rehab training when SYG called to enquire about KHJ's condition.

Ahh...the curse of the post gobbler! That happened to me several times before... the last was in the Cold Case S3 thread when I lost everything I rambled about from Eps5-10, right @SnowBlob:shocked:  Aww... you should have resumed the post after that :laugh: I did watch Mistress for OJS... such a total departure from JGY! Will definitely give When the Camellia Blooms another go... and perhaps It's Okay Not to be Okay later... since he won Best Supporting Actor for both dramas. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

English subbed final farewells by the main cast... 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

It's such a tragedy to know for sure that all the 5 children in the photo were all dead @liddi @Chocolate . All the people on the list would have been as well but good thing Kim Sol was found out before that happened (well if he weren't, then I think after killing those on the list, Kim Sol would have moved into killing all the rangers too since he also disliked them very much). 

@liddi LOL..your 'rambling' is always welcome anyway (got to know your rambling because of that cold case s3 hahahahaha). 

Spoiler

@ktcjdramaFinished watching ep 4 OOD.. hoping to finish ep 6 by tonight. Wohooo

• Haha 3

"!'m Coming Home" official MV is out! And I still can't move on... 

• Heart Eyes 2

@liddi  me too..... cannot move on either..... specially those eyes of ju ji hoon in the last scene inside the mountains as a soul....i cried...!!! seriously....

Jun Ji Hyun looks ethereal which she always does..... one of the best of 2022..... not for every audience but still those who are to understand the amazingness of this drama , will understand.... never have I ever seen a drama of Park Rangers with so much passion....For me , top 5 of 2022...

I wish they do Third Season of Kingdom.... Both Ashin and Lee Chang in main role but against each other .... it would have been so interested to watch....after this equation particularly....lol...

There is no news about kingdom S3 either , is it???

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

48 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

Jun Ji Hyun looks ethereal which she always does..... one of the best of 2022..... not for every audience but still those who are to understand the amazingness of this drama , will understand.... never have I ever seen a drama of Park Rangers with so much passion....For me , top 5 of 2022...

:thinking: Aren't we still in 2021?... You time travelled?? :laugh:

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Jirisan's OST special album has been released, including 23 instrumental tracks! While the tracks don't appear to be comprehensive, what is available brings back a lot of memories... 그곳에 오르면 (track 13) immediately takes me back to Ep1 with Ryu Seung-ryong's narration, while Dark Forest (track 16) is reminiscent of Black Bridge village and all the tragedies that happened there. 그 해 우리는 사랑을 했다 (track 19) evokes memories of Ep5 with Yi-gang's first love and when she became a ranger. Pain (track 23) first played during Choi Il-man's funeral, and I see Yi-gang and Hyun-jo in Bidam shelter Christmas 2018 all over again through 그때에 우린 (track 34). Miss them...

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

Looks like iQIYI is finding it difficult to move on too...

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1