Jirisan 지리산 [2021]

stroppyse

@Chocolate You're fixated on JGY while I've pinned Kim Sol as the big bad. Knowing KEH, in the end, we'll find that either

a) Capt. Jo was one of the killers all along, as KEH has already told us again and again, or 

b) it was SYG's grandma who is killer / secret shaman all rolled into one after all

:shocked2:

• Haha 3

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

So, I read a comment that Goo Young's hand mannerism at this scene before they found Da Won and the hands of killer when the camera was removed are similar. I couldn't find the latter but here is the part in the station. Does he not seem a little nervous/suspicious? And why would the camera focus on his hands if there is nothing special about it?

I did notice his finger knocking on the walkie. But I thought he is nervous because he feared for Da Won. She is his partner after all. And if he were the killer, he need not worry about the report from the rangers because he knew that DW is dead. Unless, he has an accomplice and he didn’t know the exact condition of DW yet. And maybe that’s why he knows for sure it wasn’t Capt.Jo and asked YG to cool it with the accusations, and for the police to postpone the investigation. He kinda feel bad? He must be covering for someone else? 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, liddi said:

I've pinned Kim Sol as the big bad.

I think you nailed it. We have a flashback to 1991. It was revealed in the latest episode as well that Capt. Jo has connection with him since he was a little boy. Jo must've felt indebted to him and has a desire to protect him. It's a revenge on a long time grudge. I'm just glad it's not one of our dedicated rangers. But, is the reveal too early? Haha, just yesterday I couldn't wait to find out and now I think it's too early...

I really like the part where Capt.Jo was instructing the team how to get out of the Black Bridge Valley, and how the team supported one another to get the lady out.  

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

At last, the identity of the killer is finally revealed, and his motivations as well as his bond with Capt. Jo going way back explained. What began as yet another inexplicable flashback, this time back to 1991 in the mysterious Black Bridge village makes sense as the narrative in the distant past and present converge to bring us one step closer to the tragic truth.

We now know that most of the original victims were related to Black Bridge village in one way or another - YGT and the former villagers. Everything started from YGT's cable car plans which involved the relocation of the village that met with the fervent opposition of the mayor KJG, Kim Sol's father. YGT's concerted harassment of the villagers, including contaminating their wells, resulted in the attack and subsequent death of Kim Sol's mother, and the migration of the villagers to other villages. Bereft of his wife and abandoned by his fellow villagers, KJG ultimately took his own life, leaving his young son all alone.

The following are the identity of the victims that we know of so far:

1. Sgt. Kim Hyeon-su  (local, link unknown)

2. Seo Geum-ja  (link unknown)

3. Lee Jong-gu  (Haedong Village volunteer ranger)

4. Kim Jin-deok  (Haedong Village volunteer ranger)

5. Granny Geum-rye  (former Black Bridge villager)

6. Choi Il-man  (Haedong Village volunteer ranger)

7. Lee Yang-sun  (local, link unknown)

8. Kang Hyun-jo  (closing in on the killer(s) )

9. Yang Geun-tak  (president of Mt. Jiri cable car promotion committee)

10. Mr. Jang, herb collector, died in Mujin valley  (Jang Hak-su, former Black Bridge villager, Haedong Village volunteer ranger?)

11. Gi-yeong, herb collector, died in Oerae valley  (link unknown)

12. Mr. Hwang, herb collector, almost died in Jeonmukgol  (Hwang Gil-yong, Haedong Village volunteer ranger?)

Apart from YGT, we now realise that several of the Haedong Village Volunteer rangers from 1995 were among the victims in LSW's list and seen in KHJ's visions (Lee Jong-gu, Kim Jin-deok, Choi Il-man), while at least one - Jang Hak-su - was definitely from Black Bridge village. While not explicitly explained, back in Ep8, the herb collector rattled off a list of men who had seen KHJ's spirit and either died or almost lost their lives, among whom are a Mr. Jang (Jang Hak-su?) who died in Mujin valley, and a Mr Hwang (Hwang Gil-yong?) who nearly died when his rope snapped in Jeonmukgol. This indicates that the rest of the targeted victims among the volunteer rangers were very likely former Black Bridge villagers who moved to Haedong village too. Certainly, Granny Geum-rye is now confirmed to have originated from the village. As such, it stands to reason that they were targeted because Kim Sol considers their migration from the village as an act of betrayal which led to his father's death. The remaining 2 of LSW's original list of victims are not accounted for yet. Sgt. Kim was also a local but clearly too young to have been one of the villagers, unless he was marked because his family came from there? The other victim is a woman named Seo Geum-ja. I don't believe we have been introduced to her thus far. Was she one of the villagers as well? 

Kim Sol's bond with Capt. Jo goes back at least 28 years, from the time YGT started harassing the village in an effort to force them to move, and clear the way for his cable car plans. Capt. Jo clearly carries a lot of guilt for failing to find the younger man's mother in time to save her, which he believes is the precursor to KJY's suicide, leaving the boy bereft of family and home. Had he been caring for the boy all these years? Is he in the know of Kim Sol's plans from the start, or did he find out when the killings began, piecing together the truth from the identity of the victims? Whatever it may be, it explains why Capt. Jo is protective of the killer, trying to foil his plans without exposing his identity to the authorities. However, does Kim Sol feel the same way?

For the moment, the victims appear to be those who directly or otherwise, brought about the Black Bridge village tragedy. However, the fact remains that Capt. Jo and ex-chief Kim promised to protect the village, but failed to stop the tragic events from unfolding. In particular, little Kim Sol himself heard Capt. Jo's self-recriminations that his mother might have survived had they been able to find her sooner. As such, I cannot help but wonder whether Capt. Jo and ex-chief Kim will ultimately also be targeted for their failure to keep their promise?

While unexpected to see the identity and motivations revealed so soon with 6 more episodes to go, not everything has been explained just yet. What is the origin of the ghostly lights that were seen? Kim Sol himself related that the lights were a precursor to calamity in the village, and way back in 1991 when the lights first appeared, there were no bears on the mountain. However, it was because of those lights that the villagers started moving away. The lights that cornered SYG and KHJ do appear to be from the moon bears. If so, was YGT responsible for the lights in the past by somehow transporting bears to the area? Or are the lights supernatural, considering the hallucinatory effects of the place, and how Kim Sol's mother failed to be found despite Capt. Jo going past the tree multiple times. Another question is the identity of the hiker who almost died. She obviously knew Kim Sol's father from the prayers she offered up to him in the temple. In addition, she was not killed like the others, but brought to Black Bridge Valley shelter. Why? I don't believe we have seen the last of her just yet. Also, what was the chain that KHJ saw in the shelter? Was it part of a dog tag that belonged to Sgt Kim? If so, it could have triggered his suspicions towards Kim Sol, since the rest of the items in the shelter appear to also be trophies from previous killings. In addition, was LYS' name really chosen independently by LSW, or one of the original intended victims? If it is the latter, it would explain her absence in 2020 and JGY's total change in character, having lost the woman he love. Last but certainly not least, who was the gloved person who attacked Kim Sol's mother? Was it YGT or someone else? if it is someone we are already introduced to, the most likely person based on age is ex-chief Kim but I am not convinced it's him, seeing the clear hostility between him and YGT.

The narrative has stepped up another notch. With KHJ very likely suspicious if not already aware of the killer's identity, I can't wait to see how they face off each other, leading to the fateful attack in Black Bridge valley. And from Ep11 preview, do we finally get to see KHJ regain consciousness? Is it Saturday already?

Edited by liddi
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

7 hours ago, liddi said:

Another question is the identity of the hiker who almost died. She obviously knew Kim Sol's father from the prayers she offered up to him in the temple. In addition, she was not killed like the others, but brought to Black Bridge Valley shelter. Why? I don't believe we have seen the last of her just yet.

I ask the same question... I don't see any woman near the family in the flashback, so my guess for now is the sister? She was probably not staying in the village in 1991.

7 hours ago, liddi said:

As such, it stands to reason that they were targeted because Kim Sol considers their migration from the village as an act of betrayal which led to his father's death.

Agreeing on this point, and maybe they did secretly accept some money from YGT?

7 hours ago, liddi said:

Last but certainly not least, who was the gloved person who attacked Kim Sol's mother? Was it YGT or someone else?

This made me confused too. I think it couldn't have been the same person as the killings now. Probably YGT himself? Just coincidentally wearing the same black gloves? 

• Insightful 2
  • Shocked 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Well, I'm glad I provided some humour before last night's episode. Opening scene and I was proven so wrong! 🤣 You're amazing @liddi and so is your post 👍 It's so comprehensive I have nothing valuable to add lol.

8 hours ago, liddi said:

Is it Saturday already?

Every Monday you say this 😂🤣

13 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I really like the part where Capt.Jo was instructing the team how to get out of the Black Bridge Valley, and how the team supported one another to get the lady out.

I love this too. From the first case with the lost boy, their team work is like a well-oiled machine, and with this latest episode, they continue to do the same, taking turns to bring the lady down the mountain and trusting each other despite the bickering. Capt Jo's leadership is also admirable. And I learnt something - if the same path brings you on a merry go round, choose a new path even if you don't know where it will lead.

Sadly, the team in 2020 is now broken.

• Hyun Jo is in a coma (let's disregard the brain dead part since it is not scientifically possible to wake up from that);
  • Yi Gang is in a wheelchair though possible to recover some mobility since she is doing physiotherapy;
  • Goo Young is an unhappy man (because Yang Sun died);
  • Il Hae either left his work as a ranger or died because of his leg condition.

I agree that Capt Jo is likely to be Kim Sol's biggest target. (And he should know it too if he has been keeping track of the victims.) With Hyun Jo looking like he is waking up, likely the finale would be about rescuing Capt Jo in the mountain. I'm beginning to see how this drama is going to be a healing one.

img.gif

Gif credit to @silvertrhee

Edited by Chocolate
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Episode 11 Preview

Snippets

Capt Jo: You knew this. [Knew what? About someone killing people on the mountain?]

Goo Young: Since when have you known about this?

Yi Gang to Goo Young: Why did you go to the mountain that day?

Hyun Jo: Why are they together? [Who is they? Kim Sol and Se Wook?]

Looks like Il Hae is alive in 2020!

Edited by Chocolate
  • Thanks 3

@ktcjdrama Good point about the villagers possibly accepting compensation in return for moving out of the village, especially from YGT, which would explain Kim Sol's antagonism towards them. You're right - it is highly likely that the black gloves we saw in 1991 was just a red herring. Do you think that Kim Sol's father was killed, rather than committed suicide, since he and his son were the last one standing between the demolition of the village, with everyone else having moved out? If so, is it too convenient to have YGT die so soon? Or is our killer from present day also hunting the killer from 1991, whose face he might have caught sight of when his father was killed? If so, who could the killer be? I am stumped with the choice of characters who are around that age, not convinced that ex-chief Kim could have anything to do with it. Who else then? LYS' grandpa? I'm grasping at straws here.

9 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I love this too. From the first case with the lost boy, their team work is like a well-oiled machine, and with this latest episode, they continue to do the same, taking turns to bring the lady down the mountain and trusting each other despite the bickering. Capt Jo's leadership is also admirable. And I learnt something - if the same path brings you on a merry go round, choose a new path even if you don't know where it will lead.

@Chocolate I love what you wrote here. That scene is such a moving one to watch, working together seamlessly under Capt. Jo's supervision which kept them and their victim safe. The bond among the team is also reinforced with JGY's meeting with the potential MIL, and how SYG secretly helped him gain points with the bouquet and the "best ranger of the month" claim. As such, it hurts to think that the team is now fractured, with so much underlying bitterness and suspicions between them. Perhaps the healing that KEH promised will come when the team is reunited once more with all hostility laid aside and KHJ recovered, reclaiming the camaraderie that was once theirs.

Incidentally, PIH is still alive in present day as we will see from Ep11 preview. His well-slicked back hair does seem to hint that he might have taken the desk job at headquarters in the end after all. It is a relief to see at least one more of the team clearly still alive, but unfortunately also reinforces the possibility that LYS did not survive.

My favourite line from the entire episode. "他们是去守护大山了。真正的山神 The real mountain guardians are going up to protect the mountain." What an apt description and tribute to the men and women who use their own physical bodies to shield others from harm without the slightest hesitation.

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

8 hours ago, liddi said:

What is the origin of the ghostly lights that were seen? Kim Sol himself related that the lights were a precursor to calamity in the village, and way back in 1991 when the lights first appeared, there were no bears on the mountain. However, it was because of those lights that the villagers started moving away. The lights that cornered SYG and KHJ do appear to be from the moon bears. If so, was YGT responsible for the lights in the past by somehow transporting bears to the area? Or are the lights supernatural, considering the hallucinatory effects of the place, and how Kim Sol's mother failed to be found despite Capt. Jo going past the tree multiple times.

I think Capt Jo answered this question. He seemed to indicate that it was bears in 1991. But is it too simplistic to think YGT brought bears? Kim Sol as a child said there were no bears. Considering that there are mountain spirits (as proven by HJ not able to move on the day Da Won was killed), I think we can't discount the supernatural angle too.

jVFvzde.png?1

lk5L2iU.png?1

19 minutes ago, liddi said:

Do you think that Kim Sol's father was killed, rather than committed suicide, since he and his son were the last one standing between the demolition of the village, with everyone else having moved out? If so, is it too convenient to have YGT die so soon? Or is our killer from present day also hunting the killer from 1991, whose face he might have caught sight of when his father was killed? If so, who could the killer be? I am stumped with the choice of characters who are around that age, not convinced that ex-chief Kim could have anything to do with it. Who else then? LYS' grandpa? I'm grasping at straws here.

I think Kim Sol's father was killed. The man was so adamant about staying in the village, I can't see him willing to 成全 / fulfill YGT's wishes by committing suicide.

So we have 2 new mysteries! Were there bears and who was the killer in 1991! 🤣

• Insightful 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

So we have 2 new mysteries! Were there bears and who was the killer in 1991! 🤣

@Chocolate I knew KEH won't let us off that easily! Having pretty much indicated who the killer is, she is now giving us more to ponder in the long, long wait to Saturday :laugh: But certainly, I believe there are supernatural elements at play in Black Bridge village... the question is, are the elements hostile? Capt. Jo's inability to find Kim Sol's mother in time seems to indicate it... yet the lights themselves also led SYG and KHJ to find the missing hiker who had not even been reported. Questions questions :thinking:

• Haha 3

@Chocolate Oh dear, please don't remind me that it's ending soon! If it delivers up to the end, chances are high that I will revisit it again - usually find it difficult to move on from a drama that I love. Please let me want to rewatch!

Teared up all over again during the scene LDW was found which my mum was watching. It makes me afraid that this is just the beginning, and KEH will break our hearts even more before we get to the healing that she promised. 

Silent Sea has not been on my radar. Should I give it a try? A lot of abandoned dramas which I have not resumed. Was thinking of completing Voice 3 which I just started a while back, and move on to Voice 4. Also tempted by Beyond Evil, which I've heard good things. Nothing concrete yet. 

The official MV of "In Color" has been released. I wish we were given official MVs for "Memories" and "Falling" as well...

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I think Kim Sol's father was killed. The man was so adamant about staying in the village, I can't see him willing to 成全 / fulfill YGT's wishes by committing suicide.

My same thoughts @liddi Also because I doubt he would leave his son alone like that. 

2 hours ago, liddi said:

Was thinking of completing Voice 3 which I just started a while back, and move on to Voice 4. Also tempted by Beyond Evil, which I've heard good things. Nothing concrete yet. 

Voice 4 is good. And Beyond Evil is good too. Definitely try to watch them both when you can make the time. Btw, have you watched Nobody Knows? That’s a really good drama too that not many people were watching when it aired. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama Looks like we're all in agreement. So guess we'll be playing spot the (1991) killer going forward. Who would be know the area so well except a ranger? Do we know who found Kim Sol's mother? Was it him? Capt. Jo did not see her despite passing by the tree multiple times, so was she moved there just before her discovery by her attacker, or is this the work of otherworldly elements?

Something else puzzles me. By all intents and purposes, with the death of Kim Sol's father, Black Bridge village should have been demolished. If so, how is it YGT's cable car plans did not materialise, and he had to try again 28 years later? Questions questions.

Thank you for the affirmation regarding Voice 4 and Beyond Evil. Looks like I'll be busy with so many killers to catch... so much evil to eradicate.. aish! Yes, I did watch Nobody Knows, but it did not draw me in as much as I liked - CYJ and KEH's bond was the highlight in my opinion. However, the villains fell flat for me and never really exuded the threat that I should have felt.

Edited by liddi
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2

@liddi It was the ex-chief's team that found Kim Sol's mother's body.

But ex-chief seems to be such a stand-up guy - he resigned to take the blame for the potato bomb incident and now he is still guarding the mountain with his part-time job as a guide and taking up the chairmanship of mountain security or something like that? I find it hard to believe it is him.

Yang Sun's grandfather seems more probable to me relatively, if we are just looking at age group and people who have appeared - afterall he is related to Se Wook, so who knows what's going on there. And Yang Sun is also missing. So that family is quite suspicious.

Edit: Could it have been the lady hiker - the one @ktcjdrama thinks is the sister? That actress's role should be a little more substantial right?

Of course, I've been known to be wrong hahahahaha.

I also wondered why the cable car was not built. Will wait for the drama for revelations.

Is Yi Gang's parents' death important or is it just background?

Edited by Chocolate
  • Clapping Hands 3
37 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

But ex-chief seems to be such a stand-up guy - he resigned to take the blame for the potato bomb incident and now he is still guarding the mountain with his part-time job as a guide and taking up the chairmanship of mountain security or something like that? I find it hard to believe it is him.

I don’t think it’s him too. Remember how he was upset and reminded YGT that the rangers are in neutral position, that they won’t help him persuade the villagers. Please none of our rangers members be the evil one. As for the lady, she wouldn’t have killed Kim Sol’s father and be praying for him too, would she? So I will go more with Yang Sun’s grandpa. 

I wonder too why the cable car plan was abandoned then. But we still have 6 episodes, more than plenty of time to tell us more stories behind the mysterious deaths in Jirisan. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

@Chocolate I didn't realise they counted down to BTSes as well. Thought it was only for the MVs. Watching today's BTS is bittersweet, seeing LDW's death scene. Guess we won't be seeing any additional scenes of hers, unless it is in flashbacks leading up to her death... :cry:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Wow... I kinda read what you all wrote 2.5 pages back..and getting towards the end I skimmed and here hoping that at least remember what I read (but pretty sure not) :JuiceGhost:  When reading your comments, I was like..ok..I gotta reply to this and that...and now I got here... I already kinda forget what comments I was going to reply to :laugh: So I'll try my best... 

@liddi Yes I'm also wondering why HJ saw the missing boy case.. at this point of time we're at least not shown that it's meant to be a murder disguised as an accident. 

@Chocolate LOLOLOL... I was really unhappy with the mother whose husband died because of the potato bomb and blamed it on the rangers.. seeing that she hadn't learnt her lesson and still doing illegal things. I'm glad that her children are all safe though. 

@ktcjdrama arghh... I know I wanted to say something about what you said..but I can't remember what..I gotta get back to you later. EDIT: ah yes.. I was going to say about the Thailand boys cave rescue! same like Liddi, I just kept checking news every day to see what happened to the boys. It was such a great real-life story I hope they make it into a movie or something hahahahahah. But I remember being so super happy and relief when all the boys were able to go out safely because I was so invested in the story and had been following for so many days too~ 

I actually think that the ex-chief is a good candidate for the true mastermind behind all these deaths. First, because he would be there already as an adult in 1991 (and we see that the perpetrator was there in 1991 and killed Kim Sol's mum). Second, I agree that Capt Jo seemed surprised that his gloves were found held by LDW .. he did seem to know what's going on. And as others said, it seems he wants to protect that person. The ex-chief fits the bill too...he's very close to Capt Jo. Unless there are actually more than 2 perpetrators (Lee Sae Wook + his accomplice this present year + murderer in 1991). If they stick with 2 perpetrators (LSW + accomplice) .. then we can be pretty sure that the core team members are not it coz they're too young to be an 'adult'/or at least older teenagers?? in 1991. Hmm unless JGY and PIH are like in their 50s now? Shrugs... 

As (who said...I think chocolate??) that Yang Sun might be dead in 2020 already... I can't wait to find out. I really hope not..I think JGY and YS loveline is really cute and I want a happy ever after for them. 

Overall, very happy with the last 4 episodes. They slowly answered the many questions I have yay~ and also started revealing more and more connections between past and present. I also enjoyed the fire episodes... just pretty cool all together.. just a bit disappointed that HJ and YG weren't really really part of the team when all this happened (although they did contribute big time). 

KEH killed LDW hahahahahahah. Although sad.. but I'm just glad that I haven't really grown too attached to LDW character so if a good guy must die... I'm just glad that it weren't any of the core team members we've seen from ep 1. But at the same time I dread the time when the criminals are revealed. I feel that it must be someone that we've grown to like a lot... and that's going to break my heart :cry:

For some reasons, I actually don't really pity YG about her being sad that LDW died. I kinda agree with what JGY said to her when she blamed Capt Jo for LDW death. YG was the one who sent LDW up there on the mountain. I feel that she should have been more careful.. she's pursuing a murderer who got away so many times...and she sent a new ranger up there on her own?!?!?!!? I just can't... 

Hmmm.. do you think HJ's ghostly body was sort of more materialised after LDW's death? There was this scene which now I can't remember whether it's supposed to happen after LDW died or prior to (it's just because this scene was shown after LDW's death)..where HJ was on the ground, opened his eyes..and then suddenly there was these glowing bits around him... and then after that he went to check the signal and told the ahjussi to tell YG that the signal wasn't from him. 

I wonder whether KEH is bringing addition supernatural stuff in the last 2 eps.. whether the 'moon bears' are actually some sort of supernatural beings :JuiceGhost: 

• Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

3 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

I hope they make it into a movie or something

I think they did. This part, I have mixed feeling... How much of it was to inspire people, and how much of it was to capitalise on the sympathies from around the world. I of course did not end up following up on the movie itself. 

3 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

I kinda agree with what JGY said to her when she blamed Capt Jo for LDW death. YG was the one who sent LDW up there on the mountain. I feel that she should have been more careful.. she's pursuing a murderer who got away so many times...and she sent a new ranger up there on her own?!?!?!!? I just can't... 

Same feelings here. But that is why I pity her, because she knew the blunder of not preparing LDW better has cost the girl her precious life. 

• Sad 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

10 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Same feelings here. But that is why I pity her, because she knew the blunder of not preparing LDW better has cost the girl her precious life. 

It's sad too that despite the camaraderie we saw in the last episode, YG doesn't have anyone she is close with in the rangers team that she can share and depend on even after the tragic incident that led to the loss of use of her legs. Someone that she can ask to accompany Da Won, or to push her/carry her into the mountain.

I've not been noticing much CGI in the recent episodes. Or maybe it's so well done it looks natural now 😂 Lovely photos.

FFAJcS8agAA8302?format=jpg&name=large

FFAJcS9agAEE-oc?format=jpg&name=large

FFAJdctaAAA9DSA?format=jpg&name=large

FFAJdcGaAAAyFzY?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

FFAJcS9aMAAC2OZ?format=jpg&name=large

FFAJc2kacAEjFtz?format=jpg&name=large

FFAJc02agAAzhtx?format=jpg&name=large

FFAJc2jacAAmAKv?format=jpg&name=large

FFAJdcmacAAxUVb?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Chocolate
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@SnowBlob At the moment, I am inclined to think there are two sets of killers. The first are very likely Kim Sol and until recently LSW, who are killing off those who were related to the Black Bridge village incident. The second is the mysterious 1991 perpetrator who attacked Kim Sol's mother and very likely murdered his father and made it look like a suicide. If indeed the current killer is Kim Sol, he could be going after the 1991 killer, whom he might have caught sight of when his father was killed.

I don't get the impression KHJ was more corporeal after LDW's death... we could still see through him even then. Unless we actually see her in present day, I don't believe LYS survived. LSW's initial list only had 6 names, but he added hers just before leaving for her house with the yoghurt drink, after the mastermind told him to "finish what he needed to do". In that case, it would appear LYS was one of the original intended victims as well. What could have made her a target? Was her grandpa also one of the residents of Black Bridge village? If so, why target her who rarely goes up the mountain, and not grandpa who still lays snake traps there? I have no idea so far.

JGY and PIH are supposed to be around the same age as SYG (she was 36 in 2019). As such, they were still children and are no way involved in the 1991 incident. The list of suspects still fall on the older characters... ex-chief Kim, LYS' grandpa. Ex-chief Kim definitely knows the back of the mountain well enough to be able to pull it off, but I still hesitate to pin him as the 1991 perpetrator because of his obvious passion for the mountain, and his belief in saving people's lives, which goes against everything the perpetrator did to Kim Sol's parents. Just my 2 cents. 

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2