Jirisan 지리산 [2021]

stroppyse

Wow @Chocolate ~ I must have not paid attention at that same section too because I didn't even realise that SSK's character has a wife!?!?!?!?!??! And wow @liddi did you say you actually watched the episode (at least) twice :PsyWhat: No wonder you could give such in depth analysis :hearties: 

So now I'm heartbroken ... I actually wish YK ended up with SSK' character .... heheheheh

12 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Btw, anyone knows where that beach is and if it is in Seoul? Looks like a really nice stretch.

Yesss...the beach looks sooo beautiful .. don't think I have ever visited such beautiful beach. What happened if it turns out that....that scene.... was CGI too??? :PsyWhat:

@ktcjdrama by the sound of it..you're smarter than the lottery girl HAHAHAHA.. at least you would pay attention to wind direction etc etc. I don't know what I would do myself if I lost such big money ... :pandahehe:

5 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Did you all laugh at this scene?

Funny :lmao2: It's classic.. but funny. It's like I already knew what's coming ... and it got me scared so I was kinda avoiding truly watching the scene unfolding .. but it's funny 

• Haha 4

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

@SnowBlob It is almost mandatory for me to watch at least a 2nd time because I have found that despite always parked in front of the TV at 9PM KST, my live viewing is invariably interrupted by phone calls and other family demands, so there is no hope of watching it properly in one stretch!

The upside to all the interruptions is that my family is now drawn to the drama and my girl could hum all 4 songs from the OST since it's been on repeat so often! I joined my mum rewatching Ep1 a few days ago, and still find myself just as emotionally invested this time round, tearing up with YSH's grandmother during the agonising wait, on tenterhooks as the rangers scaled the treacherous terrain in search of the missing boy. Really hope that the remaining 10 episodes will hit the right marks and deliver in every aspect to the end.

Sweet potato makgeolli shenanigans cracking up the two JJHs that didn't make it to the BTS:

From Ep5 montage:

And the official "Yours" MV:

Edited by liddi
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

BTS’s Jin’s “Yours” From “Jirisan” Is The First Korean OST To Enter Spotify’s Global Chart

Nov 11, 2021 by C. Hong

BTS’s Jin’s “Yours” OST from the tvN drama “Jirisan” has secured the biggest debut on Spotify for any Korean OST (original soundtrack)!

On November 11, Spotify Korea and World Music Awards confirmed that “Yours,” having debuted at No. 45 on the Global Spotify chart, is the first Korean OST to enter the Spotify Global chart and therefore the biggest debut for any Korean OST on Spotify to date.

“Yours” recorded more than 1.4 million filtered streams on Spotify in the first 15 hours after its release. This is particularly notable as this record was achieved before the song was available in Japan, the second biggest music market in the world.

The song recorded 1,692,766 streams on its first day and 1,739,640 on its second day. This second record is the highest daily stream recorded by a Korean solo artist for a drama OST. With a total of 3,432,406 streams, the song is also the fastest Korean solo OST to surpass 3 million streams.

“Yours” also achieved a new 2021 record on iTunes charts around the world.

Source

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

Are they having a party? 😂

Jun Ji Hyun, Joo Ji Hoon, And More Get Wacky For A Talent Show Competition On “Jirisan”

Nov 13, 2021 by C. Hong

The mountain rangers on “Jirisan” will be undergoing a flamboyant transformation!

Written by Kim Eun Hee, “Jirisan” is a mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon as rangers at Mount Jiri National Park who uncover the truth behind mysterious accidents on the mountain.

The new stills released for the upcoming episode of “Jirisan” show Jun Ji Hyun, Joo Ji Hoon, Sung Dong IlOh Jung Se, and Jo Han Chul participating in a talent show competition held at Mount Jiri National Park. The actors dress up in wacky costumes including vividly colored and mismatched retro clothes, sunglasses, sparkly accessories, and feather boas. This is a fun change for the rangers, who are usually dressed in mountaineering gear in the drama.

jun-ji-hyun-jirisan.jpegjoo-ji-hoon-jirisan.jpegsung-dong-il-jirisan.jpeg

Spoiler

oh-jung-se-jirisan.jpegjo-han-chul-jirisan.jpeg

The rangers also put on team jerseys to hold a fun but fierce competition between the different ranger teams at Mount Jiri National Park. Instead of testing their strength and speed in a desperate battle of survival and rescue on the mountain like usual, they pit themselves against each other in fun games while cheering each other on.

Spoiler

jirisan-jun-ji-hyun.jpegoh-jung-se-joo-ji-hoon-joo-min-kyung-jir

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 3

Once again, the end of Ep5 proves to be deliberate misdirection, and Ep7 shatters any hope that we might have had that SYG did see KHJ's figure via the drone. Still, with the sensor cameras she has LDW install in strategic locations all over the mountain, there is hope that she will be able to see and perhaps hear him one day. Certainly it is possible for him to hear her via the walkie-talkie, so perhaps with LDW as the intermediary, they will be able to work together to finally bring an end to the killings. Is that what it takes for KHJ to finally be free? Is that the reason he is trapped in the mountain, since his visions started after Sgt Kim's death? Are we then to assume that Sgt Kim's death is the very first of the killings? Questions questions.

So my theory back in Ep4 about KHJ's spirit only able to manipulate and touch things native to Mt Jiri is correct after all. Also, now we know that each time he attempts to touch anything apart from what is from the mountain, his physical body suffers consequences which may prove fatal for him in the end. What I don't understand is why he could not cross the hanging bridge to Haedong ranger station, unless that bridge itself marks the border that leads out of Mt. Jiri, which he could never leave, and the station is at the outskirts of the mountain? I am also curious why LDW could see him this time, but could not previously. Was she able to hear him? What circumstances allow some to see him, some to only see the after-effect of his movements, and others not at all. Also, how is it the sensor cameras did not show any glitches in KHJ's presence, but the drone footage did?  Hopefully this will be explained down the road.

KHJ is now clearly the next intended victim, with his belongings rummaged, and his notes at the station pored over. I think it pretty much safe to say that the core Haedong / Bidam team are very much in the clear, including team leader PIH since all of them were in the thick of fire-fighting and later recuperating at the shelter when the killer tailed and later trapped KHJ in the warehouse. Those without an alibi would be Capt. Jo, Officer Kim and Kim Sol. While Capt. Jo would be obvious since we already know he was at the station with KHJ, I am still not convinced, knowing what we do of him 12 years prior. Nor is Officer Kim on my list of suspects as he was at the station interrogating LYS's grandpa and arrived at LSW's home with another officer after the book was removed by the mastermind. My money is still on Kim Sol who drove KHJ back to the station. Despite him saying that he was going to join the mop-up operations after that, we have not seen any footage of him along with the rest of the team, and it is very likely he laid in wait until KHJ came rushing out and tailed him to the warehouse. Mere speculations for now of course.

At the moment, I don't believe that the fire on the mountain is due to deliberate arson by the killer, but an act of negligence on the part of the herb collectors. In that case, what triggered KHJ's vision? SYG found skeletal remains when she fell at the pine tree habitat in Dalgwi Forest. Was it linked to this death? Or is it to forewarn potential deaths due to the fire?

Ep7 (and indeed previous eps as well) sometimes feels like a documentary into the life of a ranger - their duties, the collective efforts taken, the risks they take to protect the people and the mountain. Still, I have no complaints about the insight into their lives, as it drives home just what it costs these brave men and women who put their lives on the line, and the hardships they face, from their work as well as the resentment and accusations of those who do not appreciate what they are doing. As such, the hilarious team-building activities is a welcome yet poignant break, as I wonder how much more of such light-hearted moments will we see going into the halfway mark.

The one scene that brought me to tears. LDW's words broke my heart... very eloquently summing up KHJ's long lonely wait for her. SYG's reaction is far more muted than I expected hearing those words, but then again she has always had a crusty exterior, and perhaps only time will show us how she really feels inside.

• Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

Episode 7

2019 - Yi Kang was injured on the snowy mountain. We're not shown what happened before that. Hyun Jo carried her into a cave and went to look for help.

Next scene. The rangers are rescuing them. As YK is carried out on a stretcher, she vaguely sees HJ lying in the snow and Capt Jo doing CPR.

img.gif

img.gif

Then HJ wakes up. He is bloody.

img.gif

img.gif

And alone.

img.gif

First thing, he goes looking for YK but can't find her in the cave. He runs out, sees colleagues. He walks through them. He is stunned.

img.gif

He follows them. But he can't cross the bridge. It's like he is contained in an invisible dome/forcefield.

img.gif

And so we see how HJ became stuck on Mount Jiri, alone 😢

Highlight video

All gifs credit to @silvertrhee:

https://silvertrhee.tistory.com/335

Edited by Chocolate
  • Sad 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Another heartbreaking scene.

Hyun Jo can't touch anything not native to Mount Jiri. He wants to talk to Yi Kang. But he can't pick up the walkie talkie. He makes some sound but I'm not sure if Da Won can hear him or if HJ can speak completely.

img.gif

Source: @silvertrhee

As he gets frustrated, his nose bleeds in the hospital and the machines are beeping beeping...

H2faupL.jpg?1

Source: @perhapsoflove

This time, DW is able to see HJ. We don't know why she couldn't previously. She is scared and runs. She tells YK, who shows her a photo for confirmation.

img.jpg

And brings her to the hospital. So DW knows of this mystery now. The nurse says HJ is getting weaker 😢.

img.jpg

Highlight video

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

OST Part 5 is released - Lee Sora's "In Color"... have been eagerly awaiting its release since hearing it at the end of Ep7 last night.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

logo_609_6_20181015144515.png

Jeon Ji-hyeon, who jumped into the fire of 'Mt. Jirisan', should I save the trapped Ju Ji-hoon [Today's TV]

Enter 2021.11.14. 2:08 PM | Reporter Bae Hyo-joo

202111141406176710_2_20211114140803986.jpg?type=w430

[Newsen Reporter Bae Hyo-joo] Jeon Ji-hyeon and Ju Ji-hoon are trapped in a soaring flame.

In tvN's 15th anniversary special project 'Jirisan' (played by Kim Eun-hee/directed by Lee Eung-bok/produced by A-Story, Studio Dragon, Baram Pictures), which will be aired at 9 pm on November 14th, the crisis in earnest amidst the soaring forest fire, and the rangers' enthusiasm to prevent it It foretells a battle.

202111141406176710_3_20211114140804000.jpg?type=w430

Kang Hyeon-jo (Ju Ji-hoon), who had seen the forest fire through a vision earlier, found a banner in a warehouse in the mountain. But then, suddenly, the door to the warehouse was locked and someone in black gloves set it on fire. In particular, there are young children waiting for their mothers who have gone to the mountains here, making Kang Hyun-jo's heart even more impatient.

202111141406176710_4_20211114140804022.jpg?type=w430

In the published photo, Kang Hyun-jo is captured through a narrow gap, and his expression desperately asking for help in the red heat that seems to be scorched just by looking at it makes the hearts of the viewers more anxious.

In addition, at this time, Seo Yi-gang (Jeon Ji-hyeon) found a fire that suddenly ignited while heading to the place where Kang Hyeon-jo was, and urgently notified the rangers. As she was going down the mountain, she did not have proper fire extinguishing equipment, so fire could overtake her in an instant. However, Seo Yi-gang's determination to save people was hotter than the soaring flames, and her heart is already beating with the sense of mission she will show as the 'Best Ranger in Mt. Jiri'.

202111141406176710_5_20211114140804038.jpg?type=w430

In particular, Seo Yi-kang is looking at someone with a worried gaze, raising questions about whether she will be able to find Kang Hyun-jo and her children and rescue them safely.

202111141406176710_6_20211114140804047.jpg?type=w430

However, after the day is bright, the faces of the rangers are unusual, creating tension. Cho Dae-jin (Seong Dong-il), head of the branch, covered in soot, as if guessing the difficult battle, is lost in despair. Team leader Park Il-hae (Jo Han-cheol) lost strength in his legs and sat down, and Jeong Gu-yeong (Oh Jung-se) was also sweating and breathing heavily. However, Seo Yi-gang and Kang Hyeon-jo are nowhere to be seen, making the heart drowsy.

Whether the two of them will be able to survive this imminent crisis and find out that someone deliberately set fire to the warehouse will unfold along with the intense rescue work of national park rangers we did not know.

202111141406176710_7_20211114140804060.jpg?type=w430

The production team of 'Mt. Jirisan' said, "It will be a meaningful episode that not only deepens the mystery, but also reveals the other side of how national park rangers risk their lives to rescue in the midst of a huge disaster such as a forest fire."

Broadcast at 9 pm (Photo courtesy of A Story)

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, liddi said:

Ep7 (and indeed previous eps as well) sometimes feels like a documentary into the life of a ranger - their duties, the collective efforts taken, the risks they take to protect the people and the mountain. Still, I have no complaints about the insight into their lives, as it drives home just what it costs these brave men and women who put their lives on the line, and the hardships they face, from their work as well as the resentment and accusations of those who do not appreciate what they are doing. As such, the hilarious team-building activities is a welcome yet poignant break, as I wonder how much more of such light-hearted moments will we see going into the halfway mark.

Agree. Usually I would not be interested to watch such a documentary so it is good to learn something when watching a drama 😂 A forest fire seems like such a major event that it is amazing that the efforts of a few tens of people and a few helicopters could have an effect. I especially liked the scene where the heli scooped water out of the sea and dropped it over the fire 😎

And urghhhh, if not for her children, can the fire please burn her? @SnowBlob will agree 😂

6 hours ago, liddi said:

At the moment, I don't believe that the fire on the mountain is due to deliberate arson by the killer, but an act of negligence on the part of the herb collectors. In that case, what triggered KHJ's vision? SYG found skeletal remains when she fell at the pine tree habitat in Dalgwi Forest. Was it linked to this death? Or is it to forewarn potential deaths due to the fire?

I thought HJ's vision was of the old banner with the green letters - it was being set on fire outside the storage shack where he was locked in with the children.

Quite a few skeletons we have here. Wondering how long ago these people were killed. But according to Wikipedia, it can happen as fast as 3 weeks!

"In a temperate climate, it usually requires three weeks to several years for a body to completely decompose into a skeleton, depending on factors such as temperature, humidity, presence of insects, and submergence in a substrate such as water.[3] In tropical climates, skeletonization can occur in weeks, while in tundra areas, skeletonization may take years or may never occur, if subzero temperatures persist." - Wikipedia

Highlight video

Spoiler

After all the heartache, a bit of lightheartedness in this episode. I'm more used to seeing this Jun Ji Hyun 😆 And Capt Jo hugging his trophy and so happy with it - I think their team must have never won before hahaha.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Chocolate It wasn't the old banner that was lit outside the storage shack but discarded Styrolution GPPS bags. As such, KHJ's vision must be of the fire in the mountain, which makes me afraid who the victim(s) are this time round. 

Interesting information about skeletonization. This would also explain why YGT's skeletal remains were found in 2020 despite only being missing for a month. In which case, could the body SYG came upon in the fire be that of LSW's?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Ep8 continues to deliver - escalating suspense, easing into momentary relief before plunging us into even more tension, as I find myself continually fearing for the fate of the children - from the collapse of the burning tree and the sinking realisation that this was the vision KHJ saw of the burning old banner which he ironically put on the children to keep them safe; followed by the frantic rush to save them in the mountain where the fire continues to rage and at last the relief that they all escaped unscathed, with no casualties claimed that day. This incident finally succeeds in wiping away all the resentment the herb collector's wife previously had for the rangers who went put their lives on the line to save her children, and for a brief time, we are granted respite. There is so much to smile over the residents meeting in Feb 2019 when for once, everything seemed right with the world, which makes these all too few moments of happiness particularly bittersweet, as we head closer and closer to that fateful day in December. 

KHJ is starting to see a pattern in his visions as being deaths that were made to look like accidents, though he only listed 5, and excluded Granny Geum-rye's, whose death he had not associated with the killings yet. Based on his conjecture, the visions appear to be aimed at putting him on the trail of the killer who has made the mountain his hunting ground. It is interesting though that he omitted to include his visions of the missing boy, himself and the fire in the list. While the first two are unrelated to the killer from what I can see for now, the fire at the warehouse was definitely started by the killer. As such, I am unsure how the visions really work. Is it solely to stop the killer? If so, why did he have the vision of the missing boy in the first place? I don't have an answer yet. 

The danger remains so close and frighteningly real in present day. At the halfway mark, LDW is now marked and in very clear peril from the killer based on KHJ's visions. However, there appears to be two gloved men in the mountains with her - one wearing black gloves with red lining, blue ranger jacket and blue pants who was holding a plastic bag with a yoghurt drink inside whom she faced at the end of the episode. The other wearing black gloves, coat and pants who faced the sensor camera while tailing her, and was later seen in the preview dismantling the camera, appears to be the killer., since the glove KHJ saw pushing her had no red lining. If so, who was the person whom LDW greeted in (fake?) relief? Could it be Capt. Jo who is on the trail of the killer and undoing his traps (removing yellow ribbons and yoghurt drinks from the mountain)? From Ep9 preview, it would seem that LDW left a recording of a conversation, which I can only presume to be between her and the killer. I wonder just how much the killer knows. From the looks of it, the killer is aware that LDW is working with SYG and setting up motion sensor cameras. However, I am not sure if he is in the know about the markers KHJ is leaving, since the markers in the 2 locations she went were dismantled. Could they have been dismantled by her in the first place so that they would be able to tell if a new one was erected? Still, it does appear that my question to why LDW could suddenly see KHJ's spirit is now answered, which is to serve as a precursor to the impending threat on her life. I truly fear for her but take some solace in the fact that there are those who saw him but managed to survive the attempt on their life one way or another. As such, fingers crossed that she too will somehow escape with her life.

Meanwhile, we have seen that KHJ's spirit appears to be bound by the spiritless days law, being unable to roam during those days. We do not know yet the consequence of his obvious struggle to rise when he perceived LDW to be in danger. Will it result in more physical injuries? At the moment, I doubt the killer is aware of any otherworldly intervention to his evil plans. However, if he does realise it, will he change his MO to only strike during those days, leaving KHJ unable to intervene or leave any signs for SYG to follow? We shall see.

Is it Saturday yet?

Edited by liddi
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

The article missed out the part where Joo Jihoon is cheering for SYG like crazy during the team building scene, then pan over to Jun Jihyun who is actually seated behind him, and the look on her face :laugh:

Watch: Jun Ji Hyun, Joo Ji Hoon, And More Carefully Rehearse Dangerous Wildfire Scenes In “Jirisan”

Watch: Jun Ji Hyun, Joo Ji Hoon, And More Carefully Rehearse Dangerous Wildfire Scenes In “Jirisan”

Nov 17, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN shared the behind-the-scenes video from episodes 7 and 8 of “Jirisan”!

Written by Kim Eun Hee, “Jirisan” stars Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon as rangers at Mount Jiri National Park who uncover the truth behind mysterious accidents on the mountain.

Spoilers

The video shows how the cast and crew filmed the scenes of the wildfire that breaks out on Mount Jiri, paying careful attention to the safety of the environment and of the people involved. Fake smoke was used to create the smoky atmosphere of a wildfire on the mountain, while flames in controlled areas were carefully lit and stamped out for each scene. As mountain rangers heading directly to the heart of the fire, actors like Jun Ji Hyun and Oh Jung Se wore gear like fireproof jackets and breathing masks.

The smoke created unexpected difficulties, however, as the wind blew it around and changed how it looked in each take. Jun Ji Hyun and Oh Jung Se repeated their lines for one scene several times as the director tried to get the amount of smoke just right. When the director asked for one more take, Jun Ji Hyun exclaimed jokingly, “Why! I thought it was good that time!”

In the scene where Joo Ji Hoon is trapped with children in a burning warehouse, the window is lit with real flames, adding a sense of urgency to the room. Between takes, Joo Ji Hoon plays and talks with the child actors in a sweet way. After the firefighters rescue him, the cast moves to film a scene where the rangers head up the mountain to rescue the kids. Since the fire and smoke can only be used once, and effects might be added later in post-production, the cast rehearse with the director calling out stage directions such as, “Turn here,” “Step back,” “A pine cone comes down,” “The wind is growing stronger,” etcetera.

To film Jun Ji Hyun’s epic jumping scene, the staff prepare dozens of cardboard boxes to cushion her landing. After the dramatic rescue, Jo Han Chul carries Jun Ji Hyun on his back, which she apologizes for as soon as the take is finished. Oh Jung Se plays rock-paper-scissors with one of the child actors and makes her laugh, while Joo Ji Hoon absentmindedly catches bugs with an electric swatter.

The rest of the video deals with Jun Ji Hyun, Sung Dong Il, Oh Jung Se, and Joo Ji Hoon filming the Mount Jiri National Park rangers’ friendly competition and talent show. Jun Ji Hyun accidentally grabs the prop in the relay race before she can draw the lot telling her what prop to take, and Sung Dong Il jokes, “It’s like you already knew what it was beforehand.” Oh Jung Se pretends to box in thin air, and Joo Ji Hoon asks him, “Why did you learn it left-handed?” The video ends with the chaotic performance of Kim Yeon Ja’s “Amor Fati” with the rangers in flamboyant costumes.

Check out the video below!

cr. Soompi

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

On 11/14/2021 at 11:42 AM, liddi said:

Ep7 (and indeed previous eps as well) sometimes feels like a documentary into the life of a ranger - their duties, the collective efforts taken, the risks they take to protect the people and the mountain. Still, I have no complaints about the insight into their lives, as it drives home just what it costs these brave men and women who put their lives on the line, and the hardships they face, from their work as well as the resentment and accusations of those who do not appreciate what they are doing.

Ep.7 and 8 had me watching at the edge of my seat most of the time. Wildfire is no joke and extremely difficult to put out. Not only it destroys the forests and residential around it, the bad air quality can also affect areas far away leading to health problems. I am always in admiration towards these rescue workers whenever a disaster struck. It's really hard physical work and we can never thank them enough for the selfless sacrifice they made. It's definitely not the money that made them stay in their job. The Thailand cave rescue a few years ago was one example that I was in awe with rescue workers. Although some of the scenes in Jirisan were a bit unbelievable (for dramatic purposes), I'm letting it slide because I support the drama's attempts to portray  the dangers that these rescue workers have to go through for other people's sake. And I really appreciate that, hoping that the casual viewers will start thinking and give these rescue workers the tribute and recognition. 

On 11/14/2021 at 5:39 PM, Chocolate said:

And urghhhh, if not for her children, can the fire please burn her? @SnowBlob will agree 😂

I agree :pandagrim: Urgh, when I saw it was her and the other ladies cooking in the mountain, I was fuming, like that wildfire, to see these irresponsible people having picnic in the mountain. Go to a nice restaurant if you want to have your hot soup, ladies! But at least because the rangers, in particular KHJ and SYG saved her children, she finally is able to shut her mouth berating them. 

On 11/14/2021 at 11:58 PM, liddi said:

Could it be Capt. Jo who is on the trail of the killer and undoing his traps (removing yellow ribbons and yoghurt drinks from the mountain)? 

The yoghurt bottle was very dirty, so I'm assuming this person picked it up, and not carrying it to force LDW to drink it. I was thinking of Capt. Jo too, but looking at the physique, it doesn't seem to be him though. That's from memory. I have to go back and check his lower half body from the back (I know, this sounds very perverted, LOL...) And I'm going to start paying attention to the shoes too. 

Yoghurt Guy
TZcuuvl.png

Camera Guy
FRXEcL7.png

• Awesome 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

English subs for eps7-8 BTS are finally available on iQIYI Kdrama's Youtube channel.

@ktcjdrama I think among everything else, this drama is a well-deserved tribute to those on the frontlines who risk their lives on a regular basis for the well-being of others, evoking respect and awe at everything they go through, the dangers and sometimes insurmountable odds they face. Well-said about the Thailand cave rescue mission, which kept me glued to the news, mourning for the Thai Navy seal who lost his life, and cheering like mad when one after another came out safely - the children, coach and divers - at the end.

Agreed that the yoghurt drink appears to have been picked up, rather than prepared to be given to LDW. The one in the ranger uniform does appear to be slimmer built than Capt. Jo (JGY perhaps)? There are also theories that JYG might be the killer because it didn't make sense to give someone like OJS an insignificant role, but to be honest, he clearly has an alibi when KHJ was trapped in the warehouse, so I don't think it's him. Which brings me back to our chatterbox historical researcher... heh! Ah well... let's see what new clues are revealed this week.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2