Jirisan 지리산 [2021]

stroppyse

@Chocolate Thank you very much for the BTS. Can't imagine that in 2 days' time, it would have ended. I feel sad hearing Joo Jihoon talk about preparing for Jirisan and shooting for a long time, and hoping that viewers would send them a lot of love, especially seeing the snarky comments and complaints since its broadcast. Rooting for the drama to end on a high note. I for one, will be really sorry to see the last of the rangers that I have come to care for over the past 8 weeks.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

@liddi I see some comments too that people have dropped or find it boring. For myself, I think the story is interesting and better than a lot of others out there. Perhaps the expectations were too high, so when the drama fell below a little, the reaction became extreme. Nov also had a whole deluge of new dramas competing for everyone’s time.

Looks like Officer Kim is 💀

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

@Chocolate Ditto. This drama keeps me engaged as well as emotionally invested in the characters, and my Sat and Sun nights 9PM KST are booked because of it. I am not under any illusion that it did not have issues, but I don't feel that it deserves the rants and mockery. The different timelines were never that confusing to begin with, and I love too how it keeps us guessing, starting from staring at the teeth of every male character to their attire and features :laugh:. Am torn between eagerly awaiting Ep15 and so not willing for it to end just yet. Please let it end well.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

Part 11 OST is out - Valley of the Shadow. The lyrics doesn't seem to bode well for KHJ...

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

@Chocolate The standoff between Kim Sol and Officer Kim - both of whom has a veneer of geniality to those around them. Whichever one the killer is, it is chilling that he would even target those who were his close childhood friends the way he did, and turn on the one who was his accomplice when exposed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

It’s finally clear the who and why all the killings happened. What’s left is the apprehending and wrapping up of our leads story...

This drama won for the most awaited drama in 2021 in JH, and I didn’t even vote for it, haha. I really didn’t expect myself to enjoy it so much. I like it and has no problem with the going back and forth with the timeline. It’s just another way of storytelling. I do have some issues with certain portrayal of events/scenes, some I have mentioned before, but those didn’t disturb me too much that I couldn’t enjoy the drama. 

My only hope for the ending is for KHJ to please please recover his consciousness.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

At last, we are brought face to face with the killer and the confusion behind the migration list is cleared up. The herb collector who failed to cheat death a 2nd time was Jang Hak-su after all, while the Mr Jang who died at Mujin valley was Granny Geum-rye's son, Jang Min-hui. It should have occurred to me that the women's offspring would have a different surname, and we already knew that Granny Geum-rye had a son whom KHJ spoke to prior to his attack, but I never made the connection until it being spelt out to me in this episode.

What is surprising is that all the villagers with the exception of LSW's father who had already died before that, signed the agreement form for the cable car project. However, it is telling that Kim Sol's father was the last to sign (15 Apr 1991) as compared to the others who signed between 3-10 Apr 1991. In addition, his form was the only one that was badly scrunched up, which seems to indicate resistance of some sort. Is his death the final mystery? Did he really sign the form, or was he killed and made to look like a suicide for refusing to sign, and his consent forged? Did little Kim Sol see this happen, which explains why he remembers so vividly, and is hellbent on vengeance?

The Black Bridge villagers' desperation is understandable as their livelihoods were threatened, and the compensation money was their means of carving out a new life. Regardless, what they initiated snowballed into circumstances that went beyond their control - starting from the contamination of the well, to what befell Kim Sol's mother. I don't believe LSW's father was killed intentionally. Nonetheless, it's this accident that secured the cooperation of Officer Kim's father, and the rest of the villagers followed suit soon after that. Seeing Kim Sol's father was the last person standing between them and the compensation money, did the villagers allow their greed to take it to the bitter end and ensure that they achieved their goal, even if they had to kill to do so?

Kim Sol's rendezvous with Officer Kim at Black Bridge village was at the older man's request. What was the reason for the meeting? We know Officer Kim is aware that his father very likely killed LSW's father, and he has seen the pattern of Black Bridge ex-residents dying in succession over the past 3 years. Was he planning to confront Kim Sol, or convince him to stop? Either way, KHJ has come upon Officer Kim's body. Is the man still alive? Now with the core team in the know about the markers and KHJ's spirit trying to catch the killer, there is hope that any markers KHJ makes will catch their attention and lead them to Officer Kim, hopefully in time to save him.

Kim Sol is no longer trying to mask the killings as an accident, as evident from how he attacked Officer Kim. He is also very much aware that his identity has been exposed. However, the fact remains that SYG's accusations do not have a shred of proof that would tie back to him. Will he still try to take out the remaining 2 Black Bridge villagers - LYS's grandpa and Hwang Gil-yong - before they find the proof they need? Or will he try to destroy the evidence first? The race is now on to find his trophies of past killings, which would finally prove the link between those murders, and perhaps even point back to the killer. It is certainly a race against time, as the team tries to stop Kim Sol once and for all, before KHJ is taken off life support. Will they be in time?

If Ep16 preview is to be believed, we will see KHJ alive and well on Cheonwangbong peak one day in the future. Please don't let this be just SYG's imagination of his spirit being finally free :nervous:

One more episode left.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

The cast is saying their goodbyes.... but I'm not ready to leave... :cry:

Jun Ji Hyun And Joo Ji Hoon Share Thoughts As They Say Goodbye To “Jirisan”

Jun Ji Hyun And Joo Ji Hoon Share Thoughts As They Say Goodbye To “Jirisan”

Dec 12, 2021
by E. Cha

Jirisan” stars Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon have shared their thoughts ahead of the drama’s highly-anticipated finale!

Penned by “Kingdom” writer Kim Eun Hee, “Jirisan” is a mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun as Seo Yi Kang, a top ranger at Mount Jiri National Park, and Joo Ji Hoon as her rookie partner Kang Hyun Jo, who is hiding a supernatural secret. Together, the two rangers uncover the truth behind mysterious accidents that occur on the mountain.

With the series finale airing on December 12, Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon looked back on their experience filming the drama, which they described as both difficult and rewarding.

Jun Ji Hyun remarked, “After we first started filming, winter passed by, and we got to see the autumn leaves fall from the trees, and we wrapped up filming right around when the woods were becoming green again. That’s how long our journey together was. It was a really happy time, and I think this is a drama that has left me with so many good memories.”

She added, “I’m grateful to the many staff members, and I think this drama is one that will definitely remain in my memory.”

Jun-Ji-Hyun1.jpeg

Meanwhile, Joo Ji Hoon shared, “Of all the projects I’ve done up until now, this was the production that I spent the most time on, and I spent the most time as the character of Kang Hyun Jo. We really took each and every step of the journey together with the staff, and I poured all of my passion into filming the drama. Maybe that’s why, but I somehow remember filming each and every scene of the drama. I can recall where I went, when I filmed the scene, and how I felt during filming, which amazes me as well.”

“I also think it’s a relief that no one got hurt and that we were able to wrap up this long and difficult filming without any big accidents,” he continued. “Everyone worked really hard, and thank you to the viewers as well.”

Joo-Ji-Hoon1.jpeg

The final episode of “Jirisan” will air on December 12 at 9 p.m. KST.

cr. Soompi

• Like 4

OST Part 12 Harmony of Leaves is released...

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

@ktcjdrama You were right that Seung A is Hyun Jo's sister. And @liddi, how does it feel to see Yi Gang crossing out the list of victims aka Black Bridge Village residents, just like you have done? Awesome job with the guesses so early on 😎

I think Kim Sol's father was likely forced to complete that form, or it was forged.

How do you all feel about the reason behind his parents' murders? And his revenge?

I can't find any sympathy for Kim Sol at all. Probably because he went overboard - killing Hyeon Su the soldier just because his father was one of the villagers but had already died in the flood, killing that busload of people without caring who was actually in the bus and killing innocent people like Da Won etc because they were on to him. He is more vicious than the villagers. And I think that his father was selfish too. There is a whole village who would not be able to earn a living to support themselves. Did he consider them?

I had totally forgotten about Captain Jo, who remains in jail suspected of killing Da Won. Poor man. How much time has passed since DW died?

Yi Gang, I'm not sure whether she is brave or foolish to confront Kim Sol when she knows he is the killer. It is a wonder she managed to leave unscathed. But I suppose the killer's last target will be her, since Hyun Jo said that everyone who has seen him will die. That should be the climax of the drama.

I still believe Hyun Jo's soul will return to his body once the killer is caught. So I am expecting a happy and healing ending 😂

Ep 16 Preview

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Key Points To Look Forward To In “Jirisan” Finale

Dec 12, 2021 by S. P

There’s only one nail-biting episode left of tvN’s “Jirisan”!

Penned by “Kingdom” writer Kim Eun Hee, “Jirisan” is a mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun as Seo Yi Kang, a top ranger at Mount Jiri National Park, and Joo Ji Hoon as her rookie partner Kang Hyun Jo, who is hiding a supernatural secret. Together, the two rangers uncover the truth behind mysterious accidents that occur on the mountain.

Here’s what to look forward to in the drama’s finale.

Spoilers

One of the most anticipated points of the final episode is the truth behind the serial killings. Previously, Seo Yi Kang pinned Kim Sol (Lee Ga Seob) as the killer, supposing that he had been committing crimes in order to get revenge for losing his family in the past. Although viewers experienced catharsis as the pieces of the puzzle were finally put together, they are now worried for Seo Yi Kang’s safety as she seeks him out alone.

Jun-Ji-Hyun-1.jpg

Viewers are especially curious about what drove Kim Sol to commit so many murders, as well as what Seo Yi Kang will say to him. In addition, it also remains to be seen how Jo Dae Jin (Sung Dong Il), Jung Goo Young (Oh Jung Se), and Park Il Hae (Jo Han Chul) will utilize their teamwork as they attempt to put an end to the tragedies and protect the mountain.

Sung-Dong-Il.jpgJo-Han-Chul-1.jpgOh-Jung-Se-1.jpg

Kang Hyun Jo and Seo Yi Kang’s reunion will be another key point of interest. So far, Kang Hyun Jo has remained on the mountain as per his wish to save people. He has helped Seo Yi Kang through his visions of accidents that are soon to happen, but his body on the hospital bed is slowly but steadily deteriorating. His family even made the difficult decision to remove him from his life-support system.

However, Seo Yi Kang remains steadfast in her hope that he will wake up if she nabs the killer he so desperately wanted to catch herself. Will the ace ranger duo be able to have a happy reunion?

Joo-Ji-Hoon-1.jpg

The final episode of “Jirisan” airs on December 12 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 4

@Chocolate While I guessed their common link to be Black Bridge village, I was totally barking up the wrong tree regarding a mysterious #13 in the list :laugh: 

The fault at Black Bridge village lies both ways. I tend to think based on what Kim Sol's mother herself said, his father appeared genuinely concerned about the conservation of the mountain and their home, rather than just unwilling to lose the financial gain obtained from his occupation. Nonetheless, he also strikes me as someone who is strong-willed, and may not have easily budged based on his principles regarding conservation of the mountain. Regardless, there should have been frank discourse between the desperate villagers and himself, but clearly none of them tried to speak to him honestly about their situation and concerns. Perhaps if they had tried to present their case to him, the outcome might have been far different.

Kim Sol became an orphan after everything that happened. Ep15 only covers the deaths of his mother and LSW's father. We don't know yet the truth behind his father's death. If indeed it was murder and Kim Sol was witness to it, I am not surprised his psyche is twisted as a result and chooses to lead LSW in the quest for vengeance. That being said, he has allowed his rage to consume him to the point where he has lost all reason, and holds no regard for collateral damage, nor any loyalty even to his accomplice when the plan is at risk of being exposed. Even if YGT had been on the van the day of the flood, there would have been others who are unrelated to the 1991 incident on board as well, but he still proceeded with his plan anyway. Likewise, the way he targeted his childhood friends ruthlessly, visiting the sins of the father (or mother) upon their children. Perhaps his intent was to wipe out all traces of anyone from the village after all e.g. killing both Granny Geum-rye and her son as well.

LDW was killed sometime after the monthly meeting on 13 Oct 2020, while Jang Hak-su was killed 3 Nov 2020. The next day, Officer Kim was attacked at Black Bridge village, and presumably dead. As such, it's only been about 2-3 weeks since LDW's death. Capt. Jo, having been released from detention, is going into the mountain again. Will Kim Sol also turn on the one man who showed him kindness during that terrible time, or might he be persuaded by the older man? I think he is somewhat conflicted with regards to Capt Jo... planting the gloves to frame him for LDW's death, yet by telling SYG that the gloves could have easily been retrieved by a ranger, he is throwing suspicion off Capt. Jo and on to another unspecified ranger. But you're right. SYG should be the next intended victim. Since we hear Kim Sol saying he will kill her on the mountain, KHJ may be able to save her at last.

There are concerns that the stills we see of KHJ are without life support, especially considering we had the yet unaired scene where he opens his eyes after the oxygen mask is removed. Two possible scenarios - perhaps his spirit returned just when the mask is removed after the killer is finally stopped, and the stills are of him able to breathe on his own now. The other more ominous, is that his eyes snapped open as a reflex when the mask is removed, and he died after that. I'm holding on to the 1st scenario, with him at last able to resume active duty back on the mountain once more, based on the preview of what appears to be him on Cheonwangbong peak.

Edited by liddi
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Ep16 is well-paced... giving us closure, while tying up loose ends and clearing up questions that we have had satisfactorily.

We are finally privy to what happened leading up to the last days in Black Bridge village. While the villagers did not lay a hand on KJG after all, their retaliation by poisoning his bees finally drove him mad, and little Kim Sol stamped the agreement behind his father's back in an attempt to save his father who has taken leave of his senses. Nonetheless, all the scheming was for naught as the cable car project fell through after being unable to secure the green light from the Ministry of Environment, and the villagers' mass migration was on the back of compensation from the national park instead. While not shown, it stands to reason that left behind in the village he refuses to leave, KJG's nervous breakdown drove him to suicide, no longer of sound mind to consider the son he left behind. Traumatised and suicidal until a chance meeting with his childhood friend showed him that despite everything they did, no one bothered to remember what transpired back then, Kim Sol finally snapped and started his killing spree. While his vengeance is centered around those he viewed to have betrayed their village, from his ravings to SYG, he would not have stopped once they were all dead, but would have cast a wider net to anyone who enters the mountain, his deranged mind convinced that the mountain itself wants to be rid of everyone.

The one aberration from KHJ's visions is also explained, which is to identify him as the killer from the start despite there being no killings in the missing boy's case. Kim Sol is able to see KHJ after all, which was how he managed to overhear what was told to SYG the day she was in Black Bridge village. True to form, he too met his doom soon after while SYG herself barely escaped with her life, as is the fate of all who had seen him. I initially expected KHJ to be the one to stop him, but ultimately, it was the mountain that took his life, while KHJ and SYG's efforts ensured that his crimes were exposed, and his victims' death given its proper place instead of merely written off as accidents. 

The moment KHJ disappeared before her eyes upon the removal of the life support with tears flowing down his face, marked the moment his spirit was finally set free from the mountain, to return back to his physical body. While Kim Sol was not caught yet at the time, KHJ had finally accomplished all that he could - leaving the last marker that would prove the killer's guilt and put a stop to the killings. Despite the horrific crimes he perpetuated, Kim Sol is a tragic villain... a monster shaped out of traumatic circumstances, forced at an early age to confront the ugliness of greed and desperation that robbed him of his family and home, and he was as much a victim from the Black Bridge village as those whose lives he took.

Ep16 brings us back full circle after all. Despite being cheated out of an actual date at Sonbawi Rock, we are given a sunrise mirroring the one SYG and KHJ basked in after saving the boy in Ep1, with the ominous air finally cleared up. How fitting that this drama would end on the sunrise of 2022 New Year's morning - heralding a new beginning for all. After all the heartache and loss, we are left with renewed hope that at long last, all the characters that we have come to care for are able to look forward to a better, happier tomorrow. And that is indeed, the healing drama that I had scarcely dared to hope that we would be given. So thank you, KEH-nim. I will miss them all now that it is finally over.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 4

Ep15-16 BTS... waiting for the subbed version to be available, but even without understanding what is said, it is such a joy to see how much fun they had filming amid harsh conditions. Miss them...

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

The official MV for Always with You... just makes me tear up all over again...

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

i am sad....those longing glances of SYG and KHJ....i just wanted more screenspace between ju ji hoon and jun ji hyun.... when he was suddenly coming back to life , probably a heartfelt confession between them or maybe how happy both of them are etc..... then probably i could have said satisfied.... in this ending , as much perfect ending as it is , i am left wanting more...

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

Oh god, the lottery girl appeared again and is going to be a ranger??? She's supposed to suffer! Hahaha. To the end, I was still hoping Yang Sun will be found but I guess it would be too positive/unrealistic if both YS and Hyun Jo are alive.

Although Jirisan was not the blockbuster expected, a well-written script is still enjoyable. You don't have those irrational bits/loopholes that irritate - it even explained why Hyun Jo saw the vision in the first incident with the lost boy 😎. As you know, I would have preferred if the killer was a more major character (it seems cruel to wish Gu Young be the killer after his lover died 😂). Or perhaps, Kim Sol should have been integrated more closely into the core characters or had more air-time earlier so that I had some feelings for him. I also found the way Kim Sol died a bit funny (killed by the mountain? 🤣) and would have loved a more thrilling rescue. Nevertheless, the mystery was understandable and resolved coherently.

FGfhyEEUYAIytWV?format=jpg&name=large

Source: @bookofjjune

Did I think Hyun Jo died when Yi Gang saw his empty bed at the hospital? Not really. Somehow I always thought he would recover. (But I was surprised to see that they did not use the scene when he opened his eyes.) Would it have been nice to see them have more scenes at the end? I'm not sure. This was afterall not a romance. Their camaderie was evident on the mountain.

img.gif

Source: @silvertrhee

I think the ending was nice - we saw Gu Young's acceptance of Yang Sun's death and the playful relationship with Il Hae. Looks like he is no longer bitter. And may I say the drama was hinting of a potential relationship with Hyun Jo's sister? 😍 Capt Jo has also retired to spend more time with his daughter (who was once suspected to be the killer lol).

I just have a question which brings us back to one of the first discussions. Are all these people really on the mountain or is it CGI?

img.gif

Source: @silvertrhee

Looks like it is real! Now, if there was a cable car, I would go up on my next visit to SK 🤣

Spoiler

FGaSl65VQAAysKO?format=jpg&name=large

FGaSmMxUUAEgMSB?format=jpg&name=large

Source: @diaitudiaitu

It's been a pleasure watching with you and reading your insightful posts 😍.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

So glad that we got to see a long scene of Gu Yeong's reminiscing about Yang Sun. Still very heartbroken about it though.. I wish that KEH chose someone else to kill off and let this couple had their happily ever after. 

But Yang Sun's death was truly an accident right? 

I think Jirisan is enjoyable enough for me to watch it until the end. It has some really cool episodes. But overall..Personally I feel it lacks something.... like...certain climax that I would expect to see in a drama with one big overarching theme. The two main characters were also so-so (and I don't particularly like SYG character) but this fact also makes it good in a way that this show doesn't put a lot of emphasis on how great/good looking the two main characters are. Sure SYG is really knowledgeable about the mountain and HJ had these visions. But other than that, they're portrayed just like other normal people. Another good thing is that we also got to see a lot of screen times for other supporting characters like Oh Jung Se etc.  

Glad to see cameo of Lee Sun Bin and Kim Gab Soo ahjussi as HJ's sister and father respectively. Good to know who HJ's family members are - and they're such a loving family. :love: 

Thank you for sharing xx I enjoyed reading people's thoughts on each episode.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

They really worked long and hard on this drama... Joo Jihoon in particular appears very emotionally attached to it. 

And yes @Chocolate, that last scene was really shot at Cheonwangbong peak.

I now understand the easter egg between OJS and LSB! Am guessing the scene she referred to is in Missing Nine?

Watch: “Jirisan” Cast Bid Farewell To The Drama + Cast And Crew Climb The Mountain At Sunrise For Final Filming

Watch: “Jirisan” Cast Bid Farewell To The Drama + Cast And Crew Climb The Mountain At Sunrise For Final Filming

Dec 14, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN has shared the last behind-the-scenes video from the drama “Jirisan,” as well as closing comments from the cast.

Written by Kim Eun Hee (“Signal,” “Kingdom”), “Jirisan” is a mystery drama about rangers at Mount Jiri National Park who uncover the truth behind mysterious accidents on the mountain.

In one video, the key rangers of the show, played by Jun Ji Hyun, Joo Ji Hoon, Sung Dong Il, Oh Jung Se, and Jo Han Chul, shared their closing comments on the drama.

Jun Ji Hyun said, “As for my closing comments… I really can’t believe it. In one way, it was such a long filming process that I often wondered when it would end. Our first filming for ‘Jirisan’ really took place on Mount Jiri. Back then, just like now, the forest was green. We saw the leaves fall and the winter pass by, and filming is now coming to an end as the trees are turning green again. It was challenging, and fun, and we made more memories compared to other dramas. I am grateful to the staff and I want to congratulate myself as well on finishing such a memorable project.”

Oh Jung Se said, “We’re wrapping up on 10 months of filming ‘Jirisan.’ It’s a relief that the cast and crew finished filming safely without any major accidents. I had fun on set thanks to the director and his brilliant work. I wasn’t very familiar with mountains, but as I filmed, it felt like the mountain was speaking to me, telling me to rest, embracing me. There were so many places where I was awestruck by the view. Personally, I had a lot of interesting experiences. Thank you for showing your support and love for the drama.”

Sung Dong Il said, “I realized anew that there are many amazing places in Korea. All four seasons appear in our drama. We started in the heat of summer, filmed scenes in drifts of snow, and created a story that went beyond imagination.” He joked, “While filming this drama called ‘Jirisan’… I came to hate mountains. The staff had to do so much work! They had to lug all that gear up to the top of the mountain. I think that probably a lot of the staff hate mountains now too. But the drama is fun! To the viewers, please continue to show your love and support for us so that the actors, director, writer, and production staff can take heart until the end. Thank you.”

Jo Han Chul said, “For ‘Jirisan,’ we went all over the country and spent a lot of time together like a family. It’s a relief to think that our long filming process was rewarded by the results of our work. I worked with director Lee Eung Bok for the first time on this drama. I’d always looked forward to working with him someday, but it happened sooner than I thought, so I was happy. Thank you for making such a happy set. I hope that the beautiful Mount Jiri will remain in people’s hearts for a long time thanks to ‘Jirisan.'”

Joo Ji Hoon said, “If you include the time I spent talking with the writer, before we’d started filming, I’d been preparing and working on ‘Jirisan’ for over a year and six months. Of all the projects I’ve ever done, this one is the longest. We went all over the country and shared our joys and sorrows with each other and the staff. This drama is 16 episodes, and there are times when I watch the director and editors put together the results over their shoulders, and I remember each and every scene. Where we filmed, around what time, and what I felt during the scene. It’s fascinating. We worked really hard to bring the story to life, and I’m curious to see whether that will show onscreen.

The drama also unveiled the behind-the-scenes video from the filming of episodes 15 and 16. This includes Lee Sun Bin’s cameo as Joo Ji Hoon’s little sister. Lee Sun Bin appears on set to film her short conversation with Jun Ji Hyun’s character and reveals that her first kiss scene as an actor was with Oh Jung Se. Jun Ji Hyun reacts with playful horror and says, “What? Really?” She then gives her “advice” as a senior actor, joking, “You can’t do stuff like that.”

In one scene filmed on the mountain, Sung Dong Il and Jun Ji Hyun battle swarms of mosquitoes to get the right shot. Another scene appears in the drama to take place on a dangerous mountain road with landslides, but the behind-the-scenes video reveals that to ensure the safety of the cast and crew, the car was on set surrounded by rain machines and screens and the production staff moved the car with their own strength to imitate the shaking and sharp turns of the mountain road.

The video concludes with the final scene from the drama: the hikers who climb to the top of the mountain to watch the first sunrise of the new year and the rangers who keep the hikers from getting too close to the dangerous edge. This scene was actually filmed on the mountain and all the cast and crew had to hike up with their gear with head lamps to make their way in the dark. After filming wraps up, the cast and crew take a photo together at Cheonwangbong Peak.

cr. Soompi

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

RL suddenly is tying me down and I will not be able to spend too much time on JH this week. 

16 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Kim Sol should have been integrated more closely into the core characters or had more air-time earlier so that I had some feelings for him. I also found the way Kim Sol died a bit funny (killed by the mountain? 🤣)

I am fine with what we know of him, so I don’t have to feel bad when he died. His life, or rather, childhood was really tragic, I thought. I pity him that he lived a distressing life and been suicidal until he found a “purpose” in life. Wonder who/where he grew up after his father hanged himself. The reveal of why he kept such a grudge inside him was done well, even though it’s shown only in the last episode. I actually like the way he was “killed” by the mountain. I thought it was rather poetic 😆 You give me a bad name, so here’s your punishment. But for me, it’s like why now? Why not earlier when death count is lower?? Orrrrrr, the mountain was just saving SYG, coz no one is coming to her rescue yet 🤔 

16 hours ago, Chocolate said:

. Are all these people really on the mountain or is it CGI?

I was hoping it was CGI because honestly, the whole time watching that scene I was nervous and kept thinking “someone’s gonna fall, someone’s gonna fall”... but of course, it was the last few minutes, surely writer-nim will spare our rangers from another rescue effort and just let them enjoy the sunrise? Hahaaa...

One thing that I think could be done better was about SYG being able to walk again, and back to being a ranger at that! They could’ve shown that all these times she’s been on a physiotherapy, show a session, or just mention she is heading/late for a session. It would be more believable than a year later miraculously she is able to use her both legs already. 

It was a good script and enjoyable watch, mainly because I love the mountains. I do have some irks about the production, but I shall forget them and not rant here. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love