On 11/2/2022 at 8:11 PM, mademoiselle said:

Not that many Oppa played lawyer actually. I looked at some Oppa's pics and thought, hey these big shots/older actors also hadn't played one before:

Interesting, I thought more would have played lawyers. Maybe the most played character is a chaebol, right? 

Recently, Rowoon had longer-ish hair and I absolutely loved the length on him. I'm sharing my favorite Rowoon photo from that short period of time. (I promise @mademoiselle did not make me post this photo. LOL!)

312325141-5919186368101903-7199900626970

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

4f49d61f-3157-47c6-a3ac-f203db0a37d4.gif

<Photo=Dispatch DB>

Written By Reporter Kim Ji Ho, Dispatch.

Actor Choi Woo Shik is considering joining Na Young Seok PD's new restaurant series.

On the 5th, 'Management Forest' said to 'Dispatch', Choi Woo Shik received an offer to appear in a new variety show from PD Na Young Seok.

Previously, it was reported that Na Young Seok PD had begun planning for a new season of 'Youn's Kitchen', bringing back the show's original cast members. However, insiders have since claimed that the new program will take on a slightly different format from 'Youn's Kitchen' while maintaining the theme of a pop-up restaurant. 'Youn's Kitchen' stars including Lee Seo Jin, Jung Yoo Mi and Park Seo Joon are currently working out their schedules for the new program.

Choi Woo Sik is currently filming the Netflix-original series 'Murderer's Toy' as Lee Tang, who is an ordinary college student and his life has changed after committing his first accidental murder.

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2224996

• Like 3

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

1656474929-requiredmenacingemperorshrimp

Content Writing Yonhap News Reporter Ahn Jung Hoon.

yna1065624913867404-124.jpg

Singer Lim Young Woong with the release of new single on the 15th, his agency Fish Music announced on the 7th.

This single is the first new song released by Lim Young Woong since his first full-length album 'IM HERO' released in May.

Lim Young Woong won the 'Mr. Trot Tomorrow', which aired on TV Chosun in 2020, and established himself as a divinity in the trot world.

'IM HERO' sold over 1.1 million copies in the first week of its release, setting a new record for a solo artist.

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=179542203157881

• Like 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

@Tofu!!! Come join me watch The Queen's Umbrella. Grand Prince Seong Nam is ♥! I'm not resisting anymore. I'm adopting him right now. Hahahaha!

img.gif

img.gif

Lei Lei spoilt me. All these princes had to ride a horse and when I see close-up shots of them I get picky knowing they are likely faking it. LOLLLL though they do have shots actually riding horses too. And then I wonder if their posture were correct because Lei Lei makes horse riding look so suave and at ease.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
13 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I started watching and he's definitely an eye candy. I'm not sure if it's enough to be adopted yet. 

He started out as eye candy too but the more I see him now the more I think he should be adopted! Hahaha! He's got the height. The built. The looks. Acting also not too bad, already better than many idols. Aiya, so much potential. Hahahahahaha

• Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1

cf057c71ed88ceb5cd52b028cb86048e.gif

SHINee Minho to hold fan meeting

K-POP / Yonhap News

p1065594165721393-820-thum.jpg

This photo, provided by SM Ent., shows SHINee member Minho.

Boy band SHINee member Minho will hold solo fan meeting "2022 BEST CHOI's MINHO - LUCKY CHOI's" at KyungHee University Grand Peace Palace on December, 7 to 8, announced his agency SM Entertainment.

This is his first domestic fan meeting since the previous meeting in last December.

Minho will be performing new songs and have the conversation with his fans.

The singer is currently working on his first solo album with the goal of releasing it by next month.

1667885169-5.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

He started out as eye candy too but the more I see him now the more I think he should be adopted! Hahaha! He's got the height. The built. The looks. Acting also not too bad, already better than many idols. Aiya, so much potential. Hahahahahaha

He has great potential! I hope he continues to get more supporting roles in the future to improve on his acting. 

@SilverMoonTea, are you watching this? Your oppa and mademoiselle's oppa had a cute and heartwarming childhood scene. 

img.gif

Credit: https://silvertrhee.tistory.com/994

• Haha 3

cbdb3195698616e482740ff7f837498c.gif

Director of 'Christmas Carol' wants to show faces of powerless victims

optimize.jpg

A scene from thriller 'Christmas Carol' is seen in this photo provided by film production company Finecut. Yonhap

Crime thriller "Christmas Carol" features young characters affected by violence to portray sad faces of underprivileged people and share their stories, its director said Wednesday.

Based on Joo Won Kyu's novel of the same title, the story follows an older twin brother who goes into a juvenile detention center on his own to get revenge for the death of his younger twin brother. Park Jin Young member of the boy band Got7 and boy band duo JJ Project. He is a K-pop idol turned actor, performs the double role of the twin brothers.

Director Kim Sung Soo, known for "Running Wild" (2006) and drama series "Save Me" (2016), said he first hesitated to work on the new movie because he was not confident about his ability to helm a dark movie. For a while, Kim was caught up with contrasting images of a boy's two identical faces, with one full of anger and the other with a pale smile and decided to make it into a movie.

optimize-1.jpg

The poster of thriller 'Christmas Carol' is seen in this photo provided by film production company Finecut. Yonhap

"I thought the faces ultimately represent underprivileged people, victims and people who were falsely accused," Kim said during a press conference. "Both of them looked sad, and I wanted to talk about why the boy was making such a face."

The director said he placed emphasis on portraying characters' emotions to tell stories of human tragedy and pain.

"The film's most important mise-en-scene is characters," he said. "I think the watching points will be following the changing emotions of the characters and tensions from their conflicts."

Park, who starred in romantic comedy drama series "Yumi's Cells" (2021) and Netflix "Yaksha: Ruthless" (2022), said playing two different characters at the same time was challenging. He added "I tried to focus on the details of the characters."

"Christmas Carol" will hit local theaters Dec. 7. (Yonhap)

• Like 1

tumblr-ob8mzh-Npj-I1v0708vo1-400.gif

INTERVIEW Actor Kim Rae Won sees bigger picture with 'Decibel'

By Kwak Yeon Soo

optimize.jpg

Actor Kim Rae Won in a scene from the film, 'Decibel' / Courtesy of Mind Mark.

Actor Kim Rae Won said he has begun to think about the bigger picture instead of focusing solely on his roles when working on a series or film. The actor, who has delivered many unforgettable performances since debuting in 1997 in the MBC drama "Me" reflected on how his approach to acting has changed over 25 years.

"I think way back when I was starting out, I had a desire to stand out as the lead actor. More recently, however, I have been thinking about how I should act out my character considering the entire storyline. For this film, I put much emphasis on understanding the flow, tension and plot," he said during an interview with The Korea Times at a cafe in Seoul, Wednesday, ahead of the release of his latest film, "Decibel."

Kim said that for this film, he put much emphasis on understanding the flow, expression and plot.

"Even though it was a nerve-racking day of shooting for me, I would monitor my costars' acting. Studying their performances also helped me bring out a genuine emotional reaction."

In "Decibel," written and directed by Hwang In Ho, Kim plays former Navy lieutenant colonel Do Young who gets a call from a mysterious person who threatens to have planted bombs in several crowded places.

As Do Young tries to stop bomb attacks that explode when the noise level reaches a certain amount of decibels, the character's backstory and his relationship with the terrorist are revealed.

Kim is onscreen for nearly every frame. He did all of the action ― the car chases, jumping off high-rise buildings, diving into water and fighting ― instead of using stunt doubles. And ultimately, it proved to be rewarding for him.

"I'm very detail-oriented and I try hard, in a way that can be seen as almost destructive. I decided to perform the scenes myself to deliver the authentic emotions of the character better." he said.

optimize-1.jpg

Actor Kim Rae Won / Courtesy of Mind Mark.

Kim also talked about starring alongside actors Lee Jong Suk and Cha Eun Woo of K-pop band Astro, who is making his big screen debut.

"Although I'm a more experienced actor, I'm extremely careful about commenting on others regarding their acting. While shooting together, Jong Suk came up to me and asked for my opinion about his acting in a certain scene. It seemed like he wanted to do it again. So I gave him my advice. On the second try, he acted more flexibly," he said.

Of Cha, he added, "I think Eun Woo first joined the project lightheartedly, but then realized that this is not a joke. He's done his part so well." he said.

The 41-year-old actor keeps an intimidating schedule. This month, he is spending his days shooting the TV series, "The First Responders," which will air starting Nov. 12.

"I work day and night, doing PR work for the film and shooting a TV series at the same time. I have no time to pick up hobbies. The good thing is that I, at least, have time to stare at my phone. In the past, I left my phone at home in Seoul whenever I was away to shoot a film or TV series in other regions for months," he said.

Saying that he often takes advice from veteran actor Han Suk Kyu, he said, "I was talking to Han over the phone a week ago, and he told me that my age is perfect to hit a career peak so I should work harder. That reignited my passion for acting." he said.

"Decibel" will hit local theaters, Nov. 16.

• Like 2

Content Writing My Daily Reporter Kim Jeong Soo.

Actor Yoon Shi Yoon, who attended the production briefing for the movie 'Birth' (Director Park Heung Sik, production privatization company) held at CGV Yongsan in Seoul on the morning of the 11th , was expected to meet with Pope Francis at the Vatican in Rome.

202211111604329020-1-20221111210101442-1

[Photo = Reporter Song Il Seop]

An upcoming film based on the life of St. Andrew Kim Tae Gon, the first native Korean Catholic priest, sheds light on a young pioneer's odyssey and his falling victim to religious oppression during the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910), director Park Heung Sik said Friday. Born to a family of Christian converts in 1821, Andrew Kim was baptized at the age of 15. He studied at a seminary in Macau and was ordained in 1845 as the first Korean Catholic priest. He was arrested and persecuted for his efforts in evangelization.

Actor Yoon Shi Yoon portrays Kim, one of the early Koreans who accepted Western culture through languages, education and religion. Yoon Shi Yoon worked with actors Ahn Sung Ki, Yoon Kyung Ho, Lee Moon Sik, Lee Kyung Young, Lee Ho Won and Kim Kang Woo in this movie. In 2021, UNESCO celebrated the 200th anniversary of the martyr's birth and selected him as a world monument, and the movie "Birth" was produced to commemorate it. Scheduled to open on November 30th.

yna1065624913873089-623.jpg

https://m.mydaily.co.kr/new/section_main.php?cate=ent

• Like 2

@abs-oluteM I've cooled over my KTO obsession (I think I've swung back to LJW) so I finally got around to watching Effects of a Finger flick on a Break Up and I really enjoyed it actually :laugh: I suppose it was because while KTO's character was toxic, he wasn't that bad, just really, really selfish and I enjoyed watching the reflections involved in a romantic relationship breaking down. KTO does have an extremely goodacting range, being able to play self-centred guy to self-less guy (Jun Ho) convincingly at both ends. Also maybe I'm in the mood for relstionships-suck type content coz realism is sometimes very comforting too :idk:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Written by Star News Reporter Moon Wan Sik.

optimize.jpg

Singer Lim Young Woong's new song 'London Boy' (London Boy) music video teaser video topped in popularity.

'London Boy' music video teaser video, which was released on Lim Young Woong's official YouTube channel on the 12th, rose to the top of YouTube's popularity trending video around 6 pm on the same day.

Lim Young Woong emphasized his dandy charm with glasses in the 26-second video, captivated fans by showing off a more stylish atmosphere with colorful styling and hip hairstyle. He's perfectly captured 'the London' sensibility with pure cartoon visuals.

optimize-1.jpg

'London Boy', which is attracting attention as Lim Young Woong's first self-composed song, the combination of pitch and rhythm makes viewers feel good just by listening to it, and part of the lyrics, 'Baby..baby..baby..my baby.. I love you more than anyone in the world.' 'London Boy' was also released, raising expectations.

Meanwhile, Lim Young Woong will release a double single containing his first self-composed songs 'London Boy' and 'Polaroid' at 6 pm on November, 15.

▶ Lim Young Woong - 'LONDON BOY' MV TEASER

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2022111204421657436#_enliple

• Like 1