You Are My Spring 너는 나의 봄 [2021]

Episode 2 introduces more questions than giving answers... :PikachuFacePalm: . The mystery ensues.

I was spoiled for the ending before watching the episode so I'm not as shocked. However I am extremely curious as to how the show intended to continue on without that character. Is he now going to appear in flashback?

We have a little bit more background to Young Do's and Ga Young's (Nam Gyu Ri) relationship. Ga Young (also per her character description) fears liking someone. As pointed out by Young Do she hesitates and tries to find reason not to love. Through the conversation, she thinks Young Do agrees to marry her because he was worried she'll suicide. He tells her that's not true. She also revealed that when she wanted to have sex with him, he runs off and locks himself in the study room. He also seems too happy that she likes someone else. Their conversation is still confusing but why do I feel that Young Do might be the kind that put himself out for someone in order to "save" them...? Like how he now offers Da Jung to find him if she ever needed him/his help? It's not like they are close. Plus consulting a psychiatrist usually incur a fee, LOL.

Young Do himself has a secret/trauma as well. I wonder what that is. It doesn't seem to be the incident he saw 18 years ago.

As for Chae Joon, he left a letter for Da Jung so I hope the content gets revealed clearly next week. Other than Chae Joon being the creepy stalker, it seems like there is another man spying on Da Jung or Chae Joon.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
14 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I’ve watched episode 1. So far, it does seem that the poster is totally misleading! 😜

First observations:

- who was the boy who stroked her hair when they were children?

- the building is groovy!

Not gonna tell you the answer. Watch episode 2 to find out... :lmao2:

• Haha 4
On 7/6/2021 at 10:21 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL Just watch! His character is gonna be a bit grey here but I am actually okay with all my oppa loves playing all sorts of shady characters. It is great to see how versatile they are. 

I've watched the first 2 episodes now! I'm not sure about this drama - but not because Yoon Park plays a potential sociopath (Because I find that quite interesting!) and I'm pretty sure he'll be Oppa no matter what :laugh: but more because I don't care much for the main female lead? I find her character somewhat annoying and hard to relate to. I think I should feel sorry for her given her background, but I find the words that come out of her mouth to be quite harsh? Second female lead (the psych's ex wife) also feels quite annoying to me in a different way - she's just too silly that I find her unbelievable. I do like the main psych though - his ability to analyse others feels interesting.

The other thing I don't love is how confusing the dialogue is. I find it hard to follow their conversations. It's like trying to be quirky but not hitting the mark. And I feel like it's not quite hitting romance or thriller for me yet. It's a bit slow burn maybe? The only thing I've enjoyed in the storyline is a big twist at the end of ep 2. 

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Episode 2 introduces more questions than giving answers... :PikachuFacePalm: . The mystery ensues.

I was spoiled for the ending before watching the episode so I'm not as shocked.

I was totally shocked! Here I was expecting him to be a total creep and than BAM! :lettalKWA: Well, I guess then it's unlikely he was bad or totally bad

I was spoiled for the ending before watching the episode so I'm not as shocked. However I am extremely curious as to how the show intended to continue on without that character. Is he now going to appear in flashback?

Also wondering this :thinking: See, this is my disappointment every time I pick up a Yoon Park series.

Spoiler

Now he's not only second lead he also dies in the second episode :pandascared: My poor poor baby

If lack of Yoon Park in future episodes, I might drop this one since this is my only real reason to watch this series. I like my thrillers exciting, with good pacing and a bit of humour/ wittiness. This series feels slow burn and perhaps a bit too emotionally heavy for me. With that said, I'm sooo curious about the mysteries that I still feel compelled to find out why things have happened....so I may still watch. Otherwise I'll bother y'all for spoilers :idk:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I watched a bit of the first episode and I don't know how I feel about it. I'm not feeling any particular connection to it that'll make me want to continue and I like all the actors too. I might have to put anchor-nim on the hold until more episodes are out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
10 hours ago, Tofu said:

I watched a bit of the first episode and I don't know how I feel about it. I'm not feeling any particular connection to it that'll make me want to continue and I like all the actors too. I might have to put anchor-nim on the hold until more episodes are out. 

Yeah I have the same feelings as you. It's a strange series...I'm not charmed by it either? :thinking:

For @JenL Lotsa Yoon Park stills

He's so beautiful :heart: Honestly, he has a look that I always like whenever I see :wow:

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The scene where he was in the baseball cap confronting Young Do is actually quite impactful. I need more of that kind of scenes ... who knows he is dead!!

Wonder if he will suddenly wake up or something :thinking: But that fall looks like it would definitely kill someone if they took it

• Like 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Tried 2 episodes, and eventhough I like both leads, I found the sequence and pacing a bit confusing. It's like a bit all over the place. 

One thing for sure dating psychiatrist maybe will be a nerve wrecking experience 😅 Seeing how flustered she is, when he start to analyze her based on interior in her room. And everytime you make a small step, he can see through you. 

The bickering of the couple quite amusing to watch actually. But I'm not fan of stalker character. (Sorry Yoon Park, I like you more as tough military man in Search, but not here 😂)

I will try to see more episodes before decide to continue or not. 

• Like 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 7/7/2021 at 8:38 PM, mademoiselle said:

Young Do himself has a secret/trauma as well. I wonder what that is. It doesn't seem to be the incident he saw 18 years ago.

This is what I want to know😂

He seems to be emotionless perhaps….sociopath I wonder if he do have it as well… 

@JenLim charmed by it haha mainly of the psychiatrist aspect. Hahaha I love it

@Pooza are you watching this as well?

ok just some thinking @mademoiselle@JenL @Tofu @SilverMoonTea

“black cat a symbol of bad luck, particularly if one walks across the path in front of a person, which is believed to be an omen of misfortune and death“

Could Young Do be that black cat? Because when he came to the building, that is when he meets shady oppa and FL. Which lead up to YD coming in on shady oppa and now shady oppa falls.

• Like 5

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

@Darkarcana Young Do doesn't look / seem like he's a sociopath/psychopath. Agree @JenL I do like the psychiatric analysis bit from this show. More importantly, it might be used to solve mysterious so that's the aspects that I'm interested in. Although agree also with @SilverMoonTea if I have a Psychiatrist boyfriend being so perceptive of me it might cause an issue to our relationship ha-ha. Maybe that is why his first marriage failed. He reads into his actress wife too much.

BTW, I know Nam Gyu Ri is playing an actress but isn't she putting too much makeup on? She's looking like a plastic barbie doll in here. Is it meant to be this way as a character set-up?

As for the black cat, I'm not familiar with the book young Da Jung read. Is it the same one you posted above, @Darkarcana? I feel sorry for the black cat, having to carry the bad omen supertition for centuries. We had a black cat visit us during my last Uni year but Mum shoo it away and it never returned after that. :nervous:

I think in terms of reference/metaphor, Young Do is indeed the Black Cat that Da Jung is waiting, the cat that will save her from her endless circle of mishaps with her life/love life.

Someone shared translation of the letter Young Do left Da Jung. It's only the bits that can be seen when Da Jung was holding it but the gist is there. He said he's the small boy who lives next door to Da Jung when young. He admitted to have killed someone 18 years ago (a date was given and it matches Young Do's 18 years ago account. The only speculation (coz it's unclear from the letter) that he's admitting to the 3rd floor murder or something but the post said this seem like it was framed.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

@mademoisellei am not sure actually. But i found this book interesting. 

Edit: Ok, it is the story. It’s a very dark story.
cause this is how the story went:

The story starts with the man saying he loves his black cat, but due to him drinking he eventually broken the bond with his cat and killed it. Then he blames others and all that then afterwards in the story, (referring to the picture)

A3-F5-F2-CD-C8-DD-415-E-BFD5-AE24-F7-C12
0-E4-A9-D89-B677-4147-8-F7-F-579-F7-FC94
B38-FC8-D4-221-F-40-EA-8115-B99-A8-B9-FC
Later on in the story, he obtained another cat, the cat eventually got stuck in the walls (the same cat that was referred to in these 3 pictures) and it  meowed to alert the police and thus the man was sentenced to the gallows. 

It was also said the second cat have a white spot that to him, it looks like the gallows.

One of the analysis from this short novel:

”One of the most salient things about the tale is the fact that readers cannot trust the narrator. He speaks before he is to be put to death, yet his tone is deceptively calm. He speaks of things that are not sane in the tone of a sane person. He admits that he does not understand the things that have happened, but he thinks that perhaps someone else can. He rationalizes all the things he does but shows no remorse or understanding of his moral degeneration. The tale he narrates shows him lapsing into evil because of his divided nature, turning against reality, rationality, and anyone outside of his own self. As Ed Piacentino notes, the narrator “would like the reader to regard him in his present state as calm and rational, a character presumably with self-control,” but he is “actually excitable and illogical.” “

The ‘someone’ else can really just screams FL to me. The ‘he speaks of things that are not sane in the the tone of a sane person’ screams young do to me. He is super calm and all lol haha Yet sometimes, young do is unreadable by us as well. Then he would reference things for FL when he is explaining stuff about her.

• Insightful 4

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

@Darkarcana I just read the summary of the plot. This short story is unfit for a kid. Da Jung should not have been given the book at all :shocked2: It'd be the biggest twist if Young Do turns out to be the murderer (like another Mouse, hahahahaha). But the drama title is "You Are My Spring" so it cannot be Young Do, LOL. For one, he would have murdered his actress wife already if he is.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

It'd be the biggest twist if Young Do turns out to be the murderer (like another Mouse, hahahahaha). But the drama title is "You Are My Spring" so it cannot be Young Do, LOL. For one, he would have murdered his actress wife already if he is.

Most plausible thing I feel is maybe he will lose himself but FL will pull him back to heal him. Haha I think he will be obsessed in finding the killer haha 

• Like 4

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

Episode 3

So far I find odd episodes are more interesting/fun to watch than the even. I'll get to know tomorrow whether I'm reading too much into it.

I thoroughly enjoyed the OTP's bickering/teasing in the car trip to visit Omma. That was one very awesome word-play/cheeky twist hehehe. Of course kdrama will not be kdrama if the guy who sent the daughter to see mum didn't get caught. Heh.

Turns out Chae Joon is NOT Chae Joon. His real name is something else. And he returns as a twin brother in the finale. How interesting. From the hotel employee's description he seems to be a doctor. Don't tell me both he and Young Do are both psychiatrist.

So which twin actually went to see Young Do as a patient? I think it's the bad twin based on the no blink description. I noticed twice the camera zoomed in, emphasing Chae Joon's blinking when Young Do bumped into him after their session.

More new stills

• Insightful 1