Havenites Dabang

7 hours ago, Jane said:

I am relieved that at least you are studying online and not having to go to campus! I have been following bits of the news of outbreaks on US campuses and it does not sound great. Online learning sounds really tough, I did a couple of online courses before and 2-hour lecture is more like 4-6 hours because I keep stopping to replay what the lecturer said! To do a full course load, I can't imagine!

Yeah, the majority of classes here in my state are done online and will continue to be. That's part of why my class schedule is so hectic over the next few quarters. I do have classes like science and art to do to finish my degree but those require going on campus, which isn't a thing right now. I think only classes like Commercial Baking, Welding, and Automotive are still on campus and that's just because they NEED to be on campus for the equipment. I enjoy online classes usually but not for certain subjects. I do a lot better in a classroom for math based subjects so it's going to be interesting to see how that goes. :brb:

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

It would be difficult for some time, as you're adjusting too for this type of learning.

I actually took all but my math courses online before so the learning online portion isn't new to me. The lack of lectures is though. My last school was really big on keeping everything identical so the in class lectures were always recorded and posted online, the homework was the same for online/in class sessions, etc. So to come to a course where they just don't do lectures is really odd. I'm fine with it for most stuff but math based classes are the exception. The book tends to go from the problem straight to the answer with none of the description/showing work and I need to see the work to understand how to do it so it's a lot of trial and error on that. I think I spend triple the amount of time on anything math related as I do on my Human Genetics course and most of it is spent googling how to do a problem or practice problem sheets with answer keys. 

• Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 1

MDL                  Currently Watching: Hidden Love, Fireworks of My Heart, Erkenci Kus, King the Land

spacer.png

@Phikyl Maths, unfortunately, or fortunately (depending on how much one likes it...) take a lot of time in practice solving and analysing. Some books have generous examples showing the steps by steps, others are stingy. A few would have answer and solutions provided, like that of TC7 by Leithold for odd (or was it even) number items of all the exercises.

Won't you be provided later on of, I don't know, something equivalent to lecture handouts, for some examples with solutions? 

You're doing the right thing though on finding means on understanding the lessons. :smile: 

• Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Won't you be provided later on of, I don't know, something equivalent to lecture handouts, for some examples with solutions?

No. We're in the 4th week of a 10 week term at this point. If we were going to get handouts, we'd have to have already gotten some. I've already done the first unit test in every class. lol. 

I figure if they didn't give me practice stuff to work with, then I have to find it myself. I can't afford [literally. I'm paying for this class!] to fail so I won't allow myself to fail without trying everything possible first. 

• Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 1

MDL                  Currently Watching: Hidden Love, Fireworks of My Heart, Erkenci Kus, King the Land

spacer.png

@Phikyl hwaiting! So you still have around 1.5 months to go before the end of your semester? I just submitted my last assignment for this semester yesterday. Now I'm on semester break and will resume in a month time for summer semester...gaahhhh :nervous:

Love your dp @Jane!

How does one seasoned the meat for dumpling? I'm thinking of making dumplings with my little one... Let's see... @mademoisellesia ? Or... @NiteWalker 

• Like 5

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

5 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

@NiteWalker the normal dumpling. 

I had to google dragon festival boat dumpling...do you mean sticky rice? Yummmmmm

hahaha yea.....well it really depends on what or how u want the dumpling to taste like....

meat

spring onion (usually i will put tons of this cause i love spring onion) hehehe

pepper ....if u want to

soy sauce ....

its really depend on your own flavoring....im no expert in cooking i only know how to eat hahahaha

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @NiteWalker and @mademoisellesia !! Glad to know I have most of the seasoning ingredients: soy sauce, pepper and sesame oil (ooohhhh i love sesame oil!). @mademoisellesia do you put the powder in the mix..or do you need to dilute it or something? I'm gonna hunt for the dumpling wrappers tomorrow and see if I can find one. I suppose wonton is of similar ingredients to dumpling? I can't wait to make my first dumplings..although I must say the store-bought ones are pretty yummy too. 

@Jane oh...i googled the plant.. it's nice~~ i suppose it can stay in a pot forever? I'm no plant person..although i have like 3 orange trees and around 8 rose bush in my yard.. they're there from previous owner 

• Like 4

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

1 minute ago, SnowBlob said:

@Jane oh...i googled the plant.. it's nice~~ i suppose it can stay in a pot forever? I'm no plant person..although i have like 3 orange trees and around 8 rose bush in my yard.. they're there from previous owner 

Mine is a small one, small enough to sit on my desk. But it can grow to become really big!

Can you actually pick oranges from your trees?!

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

2 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

Thank you @NiteWalker and @mademoisellesia !! Glad to know I have most of the seasoning ingredients: soy sauce, pepper and sesame oil (ooohhhh i love sesame oil!). @mademoisellesia do you put the powder in the mix..or do you need to dilute it or something? I'm gonna hunt for the dumpling wrappers tomorrow and see if I can find one. I suppose wonton is of similar ingredients to dumpling? I can't wait to make my first dumplings..although I must say the store-bought ones are pretty yummy too.

I add the powder to the mix. No dilution. The chicken stock powder acts like ajinamoto (to give it extra flavour). Dumpling wrappers should be white colour and round. Wonton is yellow and square. I like lots of chives so store-bought ones won't have it. Only in Myeongdong the restaurant Myeongdong Kyoja put in as much chives as I liked 😅

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

I add the powder to the mix. No dilution. The chicken stock powder acts like ajinamoto (to give it extra flavour). Dumpling wrappers should be white colour and round. Wonton is yellow and square. I like lots of chives so store-bought ones won't have it. Only in Myeongdong the restaurant Myeongdong Kyoja put in as much chives as I liked 😅

ahhhh Chives is what we called spring onions here hehehe

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, NiteWalker said:

ahhhh Chives is what we called spring onions here hehehe

It's either called Chinese Chives or Garlic Chives here.

There's another type of Chives that Westerners used, much smaller and milder flavour. I love my garlicky chives :wow:... Flies love it too, hahahahahaha! Oh @SnowBlob Are you putting garlic chives? Shut your windows just in case when you cut them up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

It's either called Chinese Chives or Garlic Chives here.

There's another type of Chives that Westerners used, much smaller and milder flavour. I love my garlicky chives :wow:... Flies love it too, hahahahahaha! Oh @SnowBlob Are you putting garlic chives? Shut your windows just in case when you cut them up.

now u make me hungering for dumpling!!!

they are my fav u know lols

• Like 2
  • Haha 3