13 hours ago, Chocolate said:

So Mother Emma was a good friend of the Chairman since young. I also get the feeling that she liked him. But he was interested in Mi Ja. I’m wondering now who was she betrothed to ie whose son is Ji Yong? Is that a reason why Mother Emma says the Chairman must fulfil his promise to take care of Ji Yong till the end?

I am also surprised too . What’s with Chairman’s change of heart ? His 1st will clearly showed he understands the characters & motives of his family members. I wonder if the Chairman too has his own plan of bringing Ji Yong down. JY may be made the Chairman, but share ownership should still be his till he dies . 

@ktcjdrama last scene was awesome. The 3 women looked & smiled at each other - secret pact they have to bring JY down is confirmed .  And since JY has been revealed to be dishonest, it won’t be hard for Hee Soo to have custody of Ha Joon in their divorce. 

Fave scene for me 

—-

so sweet - Ji Sung sent LBY food truck . I remember this article I read where they try to take turns when filming so that the kids will have one parent around 

Mine is the #1 most searched drama this week 

Spoiler

Ratings hit a high of 9.4% . I expect double digits soon 

Spoiler

• Clapping Hands 3
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I chanced upon a Naver blog on some of the filming locations. I love the setting of where they film - the top 1% sure lives differently. Surprised to know that most of these places are not actual homes. Honestly I miss travelling 

1. Museum San is used for Cadenza & Rubato Mansion

https://designforbyofkorea.com/2013/11/12/museum-san/

museum-san1.jpg

2. Maiim Vision Village (Yeoju, Gyeonggi-do) - this is the lawn front yard where the peacock cage is 

http://www.maiimvisionvillage.co.kr/web/en/index.do

3.Hongcheon Sagewood Golf Course (Hongcheon-gun, Gangwon-do)

- Swimming pool and Seohyun’s interview room with Kang Ja-kyung

https://www.sagewood.co.kr/hongcheon/wellness

4. The Ananthi Club Seoul is where they filmed the mansion entrance.

This place is popular with many dramas - used in Vincenzo and Record of Youth etc

https://koreandramaland.com/listings/ananti-club-seoul/

• Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I am laughing so hard at @LaLa's tweet

I just completed eps 11 . I laughed my head off at bread throwing sister's mind control techniques. That woman is crazy but at least she provides comic relief. But the ending though...I don't think SY push both of them down. I honestly don't think it is possible for her to do so. Anyway the time line of the drama is exactly 2 week's to the murder.

The young couple - I root for their happiness but hmm will he be able to rough it out and make his own living? Running away sounds very romantic but we all know we don't live on love and air alone. 

And I am happy for SY - she is ready to let the world know her secret. This is possibly the best way to set herself free. I do like the sisters in law being so supportive of each other but there are times I wonder if Hyowon is really that worth fighting for? It is a lot of $$ but is it worth the stress and the strife? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

But the ending though...I don't think SY push both of them down. I honestly don't think it is possible for her to do so.

My guess is probably there's so scuffling among the three of them and somehow the two fell. Could also be Ji Yong trying to kill SY and HS while trying to save SY, pushed him down accidentally along with herself. Don't believe for a second that SY will resort to shedding blood. She is way too smart for that. But Ji Yong on the other hand, is emotional. He even tried to kill Tutor.

Now I'm off to watch 12.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

My guess is probably there's so scuffling among the three of them and somehow the two fell. Could also be Ji Yong trying to kill SY and HS while trying to save SY, pushed him down accidentally along with herself. Don't believe for a second that SY will resort to shedding blood. She is way too smart for that. But Ji Yong on the other hand, is emotional. He even tried to kill Tutor.

Now I'm off to watch 12.

:laugh: there goes my guess... We're treated to yet another unexpected, and confusing reveal at the end of ep.12 about the night of the incident. Anyway, in ep.13 there will be scenes after the falling incident already.

• Insightful 2
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I didn’t get the chance to watch Mine episode 12. But episode 11 left a bad taste in my mouth. I grew to hate Mother Emma and the Chairman. 
Han Ji Yong’s life was ruined because of these two. He was greedy and selfish. The woman he loved seems to not have any love for her son. 

I think deep down JY loves Hi-Soo because she loved his son wholeheartedly and accepted him as her own. But due to JY’s lack of love and emotional abuse turned him to be cruel and scheming. Why shouldn’t he turn out like that. Wanting to beat the chairman and his twisted sense of what a family should be. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

3 hours ago, UnniSara said:

think deep down JY loves Hi-Soo because she loved his son wholeheartedly and accepted him as her own. But due to JY’s lack of love and emotional abuse turned him to be cruel and scheming. Why shouldn’t he turn out like that. Wanting to beat the chairman and his twisted sense of what a family should be.

I have to agree too especially after eps 12 - it was clear that JY turned out the way he did because of this inferiority complex within him . The lack of guidance from yelling step mother , his own mother's words to him that seem to indicate she regretted having him etc .It is easy to build up bitterness and rage within. That said , he is still accountable for all his actions and if only he had some positive figure reach out to him growing up perhaps he may not be such a sick twisted man.

Anyway eps 12 showed how both stepmothers did their best to protect their stepsons. Hee Soo plans to send Ha Joon abroad with Tutor. I definitely felt for Hee Soo's dilemma. How to break it to Ha Joon that his dad is a monster? And I also loved what Seo Hyun did for Soo Hyuk. Providing him with a temporary place to stay and helping him find his own happiness. I think her plan now is for Soo Hyuk to come back and take the "seat" 1st and then let her run it on his behalf. 

But the ending of Eps 12's threw us another twist. So did Hee So kill Ji Yong by accident in a scuffle. So what's with the earlier ones where she fell with him? And what Hee Soo brought up about Mother Emma to Seo Hyun may hint at something. It is true that Mother Emma knows who JY is but she pretends that she doesn't. So what is her deal here? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, UnniSara said:

Han Ji Yong’s life was ruined because of these two. He was greedy and selfish. The woman he loved seems to not have any love for her son. 

You know, seeing him cried in the secret bunker made me sympathize with him. I agree whatever he did has to have consequences, but I also feel that he became that way because of certain emptiness in his heart in his life that made him look for other way to fill it. However, he ordered murder on the elder brother of the fighter, so again, I am back to questioning him again. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

This is a nice OST ...4th one

I hope they move the plot more this week. The pacing in the last 2 episodes slowed down with the exception of the very last scene where Hee Soo did not fall over. In an article on Naver they mentioned that there is a possibility that these 4 could be Han Ji Yong's killer

Any guesses?

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210618/107497966/1

107497965.1.jpg

• Like 2

I saw on my TL that Lee Hyun Wook is dead. I remember someone on my timeline pointed out in BTS that Lee Hyun Wook says he's an expert in dying because he dies in all his previous dramas except Sunbae. Little did I know that he dies again in this one. The irony xDDDD I don't know why I'm finding this funny...

• Haha 3

Last night's  episode was pretty interesting. Finally the drama has more scenes post murder. 

So I don't know if Mother Emma's account of the scene is true. The 1st encounter someone was lying on the floor apart from dead Ji Yong and Hee Soo was up above looking horrified. She went to get help and when she returned that person was no longer there. So now he is the key person that the cop is trying hard to find. I think the drama is trying to point at the male servant as that person as he looked rather disheveled when Emma went to get him, and like the cop said he seems to already know that it was Ji Yong lying there. Well, he does have motive considering that Jin Ho had offered him the blue diamond if he killed JY. 

Now the twist I did not see coming was the amnesia card ! LOL....Well it seems  Hee Soo is really amnesic and due to the trauma of seeing JY die, she cannot seem to remember anything JY related. She is an award winning actress...could this all be pretend ? It seems she can't remember Ha Joon too. Just an act, perhaps? Do you all get the feeling that everyone is in this together - as in like they all know what happened but everyone has synced their witness account to match? 

@mademoiselle Yes this poor actor . I hope he gets a better role - will be nice to see him play a good guy for once.  We already knew he would die from a few episodes ago. The question here is who killed him? Or did someone kill him? The post -mortem  report says he had a cardiac arrest , and the assumption is he fell over ( but then someone may have pushed him)  & the family members all seem to have synced testimonies.  The drama shifts back & forth to time line before & after his murder. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

She is an award winning actress...could this all be pretend ? It seems she can't remember Ha Joon too. Just an act, perhaps? Do you all get the feeling that everyone is in this together - as in like they all know what happened but everyone has synced their witness account to match? 

I think it’s just an act... and everyone is in it together, at least to throw the police off. Everyone is glad that Ji Yong is gone since he is public enemy number 1. And title of this episode is They All Lie

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

The post -mortem  report says he had a cardiac arrest , and the assumption is he fell over ( but then someone may have pushed him)  & the family members all seem to have synced testimonies. 

There is one scene where we see Lee Hye Jin pointing a gun at him and shot him. I tend to believe this is what happened because I don’t think falling from that height can make him bleed so much. As chaebol family, they could always pay for the post mortem report. 

Anyway, I feel that this episode is a bit choppy to watch. It’s like they’re rushing to explain everything. The pacing is so abrupt, although they do give clear indication of the time line. Somehow I think at the end, it will be revealed that HS is the one who killed Ji Yong. That’s the feel I get from the preview of the next episode. 

O, even though I don’t really enjoy this episode as much, I think the opening title of the faces of the three women morphing into one another is super cool and awesome 😎 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

22 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think it’s just an act... and everyone is in it together, at least to throw the police off. Everyone is glad that Ji Yong is gone since he is public enemy number 1. 

There is one scene where we see Lee Hye Jin pointing a gun at him and shot him. I tend to believe this is what happened because I don’t think falling from that height can make him bleed so much. As chaebol family, they could always pay for the post mortem report. 

Anyway, I feel that this episode is a bit choppy to watch. It’s like they’re rushing to explain everything. The pacing is so abrupt, although they do give clear indication of the time line. Somehow I think at the end, it will be revealed that HS is the one who killed Ji Yong. That’s the feel I get from the preview of the next episode. 

True , they can bribe someone about the post mortem . I have a feeling that it is Hee Soo too ...I think that will give the greatest impact. I do feel sorry for Ha Joon though. But I was surprised he knew Hye Jin was his birth mum - he thanked her for bringing him to the world but at the end he thinks of HS as his mum still. That was quite touching.

New stills...so this is the day of the murder when the young lovers get engaged judging from HS's dress.

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4344961

optimize

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Didn’t he already know about it since the time he almost fell from the horse and Hye Jin saved him? 

Is it ? I don't think she told him . But then again , I have the plot of 8 dramas in my head ....I could be wrong. :pandawhat:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Is it ? I don't think she told him . But then again , I have the plot of 8 dramas in my head ....I could be wrong. :pandawhat:

Remember the part that Ha Joon and Hee Soo were talking by the lake near their house after some bonding time, he revealed that he doesn’t remember how his mother looks like but he remember her smell. So when Hye Jin saved him by hugging him, he recognized the smell of his mother. Then Hee Soo hugged Ha Joon. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Yay @movingwheel

The women working together was definitely the highlight. So now I am wondering if this is like the Murder on the Orient Express. We keep thinking there is one person who killed Ji Yong. But from the latest episode I have a feeling that this was all collectively done in some way . And everyone is providing each other with some sort of alibi. Or at least I think the 3 women are together in this.

Hee Soo clearly didn't have the amnesia. She remembered the maid's name. She remembers who Ha Joon is at the crossing where he almost got knocked over. SH could have used the fire extinguisher to hit JY or got the male servant Seong Tae to do it. It is confirmed that SH took Hee Soo to the ER since HS was the one who fell. So Emma's memories are somewhat mixed up? 

Any thoughts @LaLa @ktcjdrama?

Preview eps 15

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hee Soo clearly didn't have the amnesia. She remembered the maid's name. She remembers who Ha Joon is at the crossing where he almost got knocked over. SH could have used the fire extinguisher to hit JY or got the male servant Seong Tae to do it. It is confirmed that SH took Hee Soo to the ER since HS was the one who fell. So Emma's memories are somewhat mixed up? 

@abs-oluteM I think she may have selective amnesia and there are so many suspects. This drama is so complicated. I think her love for her son isn’t there because she looked so uncomfortable when he ran to her. 
I think her son’s biological mom still doesn’t get it. There is no way her son will leave Hi Soo. His attachment to HS is real and intense.  I believe HS is also thinking what is best for him and she think he should be with his mon but I disagree.  I feel this woman loves her child but can stick with him once it gets hard again. 
Let’s talk about JY’s death. I can’t help but think  , He died protecting her. They both fell at the same time and he cried when he looked at HS. I may be overthinking things but I think that may the issue. 

How many of you guys had a hard time seeing the face on video image in front of the hospital.  I paused and rewatched still couldn’t see who it is. I hate when they do that in the drama. Keeping us in so much suspense. @LaLa
@ktcjdrama

• Like 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

1 hour ago, UnniSara said:

How many of you guys had a hard time seeing the face on video image in front of the hospital.  I paused and rewatched still couldn’t see who it is. I hate when they do that in the drama. Keeping us in so much suspense.

The image showed SH supporting HS walking into the hospital. I cannot see the face, but assumed from the clothes that person is wearing, and the hairstyle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif