Tonight's episode was superb. Just when you think they can't twist the story & give you shocking revelations ....:pandawhat:

Of course as per stills above and per expected story flow , it didn't take long for Soo Hyeok and Yu Yeon to succumb to all that pent up feelings. Young raging hormones will always trump rational judgement. :smug:.  Looks like true love ...ahaha I dunno but perhaps both find a connection because they have very little control over the lives they live. But YY will stand to lose everything when this goes south. 

Spoiler

E2ALjenVkAI7svK?format=jpg&name=large

Now I don't know if should be more weary of Tutor Fox or Ji Yong. The latter's character is a lot more complex than I had thought . I initially thought he was just wanting to reunite with the lover etc and hence perhaps paved the way for her. But no, I think he may have orchestrated everything that has happened  because he wants Ha Joon to have both his birth & step mum to raise him (so that Ha Joon could be perfect) but he has no intentions whatsoever to have her replace Hee Soo. Yes, he wants his cake & eat it too. He told JK to just quietly be by the kid's side. That is rather arrogant of him to think JK will take this lying down . Then again , he has a twisted  personality - the way he was enjoying that illegal wrestling match is a hint of something very sinister going on in his mind. You see the changes in his expression and wonder if he has psychopathic tendencies. There's no doubt now that he intends to take over the family business, and he will get rid of his siblings somehow. He is just biding his time. 

Hee Soo's instincts were right about JK being the birth mum, but her kindness & compassion took over her rational judgment. I wanted her to do that DNA test . If I were in her position, I will not allow any tutor or employee of mine to cause me so much discomfort. While I don't like JK, in this episode I can somewhat understand her POV as someone who has been forcefully separated from her child and is desperately wanting to take back the child back. I don't know if she leaked the news of Ha Joon's birth secret ( at first we all thought it was bread throwing sis in law) but Ji Yong thinks so. Anyhow JK , realising that JY will never have Ha Joon acknowledge her as the mum, took Ha Joon with her.

Of course Hee Soo upon hearing Ha Joon has gone missing  drives out in the heavy rain to look for him. A frantic JY comes back to find out from her PA that she really shouldn't be doing so in her state ....because ( I didn't see this coming)

Spoiler

she is pregnant!! 

And the drama being a tease , reveals the body of one of the dead women ...

Spoiler

yes it is Hee Soo...

Yup that was how the episode ended. 

@joccu__ I like Seo Hyun too . There's something very clever and strategic in the ways she thinks. She has great instinct and checks out everything . She discovered tonight that Ha Joon's birth mum is alive by making the necessary enquiries. Hee Soo , I wish , did that.  

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

What a twist at the end! I really didn’t expect that new development. But the revelation of one of the bodies, I have expected as much guessing from the hands. 

We are told more about the birth mother of Ha Joon and how he ended up in the family. It also explains the timeline about Ji Yong’s absence while in England. 

Agree @joccu__ and @abs-oluteM that the character I am invested the most is the first DIL.  KSH is rocking the character, so very classy in her styling. 

I wish Hee Soo is not that naive in her approach with people. She basically announced to everyone what her suspicions are. Not smart. And why did she not go through with the DNA test? I would’ve done that. Was she worried that her action will get leaked out like the other family? Well then just get it done more confidentially. 

Very interesting that there is a dark side of Ji Yong revealed to us in this episode. I love that he is not that one dimensional cheater husband role. Am excited to be able to see more of what this actor will bring into the drama because I know he is capable to. 

I know some viewers are not seeing N believable as a chaebol. I say that he needs a better stylist to make him look more like rich kid. He has rather long neck and droopy shoulders, yet they keep putting him in clothes that accentuate those instead of balancing them. Not to mention his odd looking oversized coat which looks like from a different era. LOL, I’m sure that coat costs a fortune, but when it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work. 

Can’t help but feeling sorry for that poor peacock... he’s gonna get a shot just because he isn’t showing his feathers to old madam 😅

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Very interesting that there is a dark side of Ji Yong revealed to us in this episode. I love that he is not that one dimensional cheater husband role. Am excited to be able to see more of what this actor will bring into the drama because I know he is capable to.

Yeah same...I think they chose LHW because he can really carry off this sort of character. I am impressed. I will make sure to watch his dramas though so far all the roles are so shady :Mimed:

See here so sweet & kind

E1w7TiVWQAMIp8p?format=jpg&name=large

and here reveals his true face

E2AHkU5VoAg6KxL?format=jpg&name=large

8 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Can’t help but feeling sorry for that poor peacock... he’s gonna get a shot just because he isn’t showing his feathers to old madam 😅

LOL! Poor peacock.  CGI like Inzaghi right?

Preview

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Did Lee Bo Young find out hubby is cheating yet?

Not yet. But she suspects the Tutor is the birth mother already and they are actively trying to get proof.

This drama moves quite fast. Every episode, they are discussing things you think would only be revealed later. Unlike Penthouse and Love Marriage Divorce, this one is intelligent 😂🤣

Watch lah! @SnowBlob You too! You will like this.

15 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

LOL! Poor peacock.  CGI like Inzaghi right?

I think the peacock is real. Unlike Inzaghi, the peacock is always in the cage and it's role is to not move/open its feathers. Not too difficult for the peacock to act 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Unlike Penthouse and Love Marriage Divorce, this one is intelligent 😂🤣

I agree - this is not just makjang for makjang sake. The plot is actually well thought out and pacing is good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Tasty 1

@Chocolate :eeeee: ok how about this..i give this a go for the first 2 eps and you give Undercover a go too? Good bargain? :laugh: but honestly dont know when i can fit this to my schedule... I ll be watching badminton final today...and then i'm kinda in the middle of watching US TV show FBI...hahahahahah

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Just now, SnowBlob said:

@Chocolate :eeeee: ok how about this..i give this a go for the first 2 eps and you give Undercover a go too? Good bargain? :laugh: but honestly dont know when i can fit this to my schedule... I ll be watching badminton final today...and then i'm kinda in the middle of watching US TV show FBI...hahahahahah

Everybody is trying to bargain! I've got to watch Bossam from @SilverMoonTea too 😭

But Ok! I've already watched Undercover Ep 1. Will do the rest this week.

You watch Mine first before FBI - that kind is 1 story every episode right? Mine is bingeable. You will not be able to stop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

It is clear now that Ji Yong arranged for Ja Kyeong to enter the household. So he is not a husband who met his old lover and rekindled the affair.

What is Ja Kyeong’s story?

She was Ji Yong’s horse riding trainer. They had an affair and she got pregnant. Did he know she was pregnant? Why did they break-up? Or was it solely family objection? Is that why she seems to have a hold on the Matriarch? Ep 5 showed her struggling to the nunnery, where she seems to have given birth. Then she brought the baby back to Ji Yong’s family. Did she leave the child with them willingly or unwillingly?

What is Ja Kyeong’s relationship to the Lyeon Family? It is obvious her tutor role at that family is fake. Why did they help her lie to Hi Soo? Is she a family member - the reason she is in the photo, and also why she could donate money to Mother Emma's foundation and also afford all the branded stuff? (She wore Christian Louboutin for the second meeting with the mother she slapped.)

usGZaHh.png

I don’t think Ja Kyeong is the major bad person here. She is sincere in wanting to be with her son. She also loves Ji Yong. She wants HER family. According to @LaLa’s translation of the character description, “Ja Kyung knew about Hi Soo's sincerity and didn't want her to get hurt”, this is true. There were a few scenes where we could see Ja Kyeong softening when she saw how much Hi Soo cared for her son.

Ji Yong is...

I don't know what to make of his intention. It is convoluted. Even Ja Kyeong is shocked. The question is: Is this really the only reason he arranged for Ja Keong to enter the house? He was already on the way to succeeding the Chairman, why complicate matters?

This man is quite capable of murdering a woman before he lets her leave him.

spacer.png

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
4 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

@Chocolate ok ok hahahahaha... Were you trying to get @SilverMoonTea to watch Mine as well? Gahahahahahaha... 

Hide contents

Just watch Undercover till ep 2 laa.... Coz i will drop Mine if i dont like it until ep 2 

Yes I already watched Mine till ep 4. I will watch ep 5 today.

Actually Choco postponed my Bossam, she said her Hyun Bin more urgent and need attention :idk:

Mine is quite fun, a bit like World of The Married that I like last time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Okay, my initial thoughts that Hee Soo couldn't get pregnant seems to be false because at the end of ep 5 we heard the news of her pregnancy. I wonder why she didn't tell the good news to Ji Yong. I thought they are a lovey dover couple? Or maybe because she's too occupied finding out about fox identity and worrying about Ha Joon she forgot to tell him the good news?

17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Now I don't know if should be more weary of Tutor Fox or Ji Yong. The latter's character is a lot more complex than I had thought 

I love that you started to call the tutor as fox :eeeee:

Agreed that Ji Yong is suspicious. His two faced are now slowly revealed to us. He has this sadistic side when watching someone being pummeled as if he is doing it himself. He just didn't want to dirty his own hand so he paid someone to do it in his stead. The way the camera flashed between the scenes of his sadistic side and cold expression while driving under the rain seems to signal we'll see more of his hidden agenda one by one. 

16 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I wish Hee Soo is not that naive in her approach with people. She basically announced to everyone what her suspicions are. Not smart. And why did she not go through with the DNA test? I would’ve done that. Was she worried that her action will get leaked out like the other family? Well then just get it done more confidentially

Agreed with this. If I were her, I would just did the DNA test right away. What made her hesitate? Not wanting to hurt Ha Joon feeling? But it looks like that kid isn't feeling sorry for hurting his mother heart. That kid has changed drastically ever since that fox came and become his tutor.

I didn't know what she had done or how she had brainwashed the kid that he became 180 degree different. Sure he didn't like his mother for asking many things and keep pestering him for the secret he had with the tutor, but that didn't explain that he became rude to her. He practically ignored her for several times on his way back to home from school and his lessons. What in the hell happened that made him become like that? Maybe perhaps other than hearing mean things from his classmates, he overheard the maids gossiping about Hee Soo not being his mother? :thinking: All maids in both houses really like to gossip in all their free time 

38 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

What is Ja Kyeong’s story?

I hope this will get clear in ep 6. We haven't see all the secrets yet about the fox.

And I do think maybe fox comes from I Yeon family. The pictures with the children looks real and she was indeed there. But for the Ja Kyeong identity, I think she and Ji Yong faked it. There's possibility they using the real tutor identity and made it for the fox to use it to enter Hyowon family. 

The title 'Mine' has shown that Ji Yong is possessive with what he thinks he own. He cares for Ha Joon and he's quite greedy for wanting Fox and Hee Soo in their life. And in the preview, he's referring to Hee Soo and his child as "my child" not our child. I had some creepy feeling watching him. :Mimed:

I'm currently feel a little bit frustrated with Hee Soo so I'll cheer for Seo Hyun. I can't wait to see what he's going to do to Jin Ho after his affairs with that waitress. :MewGiggle:

And I'm sorry for not fulfilling my promise about Han Family description. I was binge watching move to heaven on Saturday and quite busy one Thursday and Friday. I'll share it soon as soon as I finished it. :nervous:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

49 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

What is Ja Kyeong’s relationship to the Lyeon Family? It is obvious her tutor role at that family is fake. Why did they help her lie to Hi Soo? Is she a family member - the reason she is in the photo, and also why she could donate money to Mother Emma's foundation and also afford all the branded stuff? (She wore Christian Louboutin for the second meeting with the mother she slapped.)

I think she is a member of the family. Her real name supposedly is Lee Hye Jin, and in the Chinese subs, the family is Lee Yeon. I know the English subs put it as Iyeon. I don't know why, is it trying to make the connection not too obvious? Anyway, the surname Lee in Korean could be written as Yi also, like Yiruma. So, my guess is that Tutor Kang is the aunt of those girls, and the other lady in other pictures is the real tutor. Of course then the head maid had to listen to her bidding if she is one of family members. She is definitely from a rich family background.

29 minutes ago, LaLa said:

That kid has changed drastically ever since that fox came and become his tutor.

I'm quite upset with Ha Joon as well. Whatever it is, he's been acting too rude to Hee Soo. Actually, we don't really know if he changed drastically or not, because we are not shown how he was before Tutor came. Were they (Hee Soo and Ha Joon) really that close? 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

17 minutes ago, LaLa said:

I'm currently feel a little bit frustrated with Hee Soo so I'll cheer for Seo Hyun. I can't wait to see what he's going to do to Jin Ho after his affairs with that waitress. 

I think Seo Hyun doesn't mind Jin Ho having affairs. Afterall, she is not sleeping with him. She just wants him to be discreet and not embarrass/disgrace her and the family.

Hi Soo is a bit too nice for me. She's smart and firm but not tactical and too hesitant. It's obvious that there is no future for her and Ji Yong. I am excited to see what happens until she realises that.

Is this Hi Soo? Will she lose the baby from this fall/incident? Does this event make her change?

3PXYs7v.png?1

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think she is a member of the family. Her real name supposedly is Lee Hye Jin, and in the Chinese subs, the family is Lee Yeon. I know the English subs put it as Iyeon. I don't know why, is it trying to make the connection not too obvious? Anyway, the surname Lee in Korean could be written as Yi also, like Yiruma. So, my guess is that Tutor Kang is the aunt of those girls, and the other lady in other pictures is the real tutor. Of course then the head maid had to listen to her bidding if she is one of family members. She is definitely from a rich family background.

That makes sense and if so, why did she and Ji Yong not marry when they had Ha Joon? It would be matching family backgrounds. Although I remember in the earlier episodes, she was behaving as if she had psychiatric issues. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

a0235d4c3d9942c3bf66654fc143277e.jpeg?s=

Lee Bo Young And Kim Seo Hyung Come Face-To-Face With More Opposition In “Mine”

May 23, 2021 by S. P

tvN’s “Mine” has released new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“Mine” is a drama about strong and ambitious women who overcome society’s prejudices to discover what’s truly theirs. Lee Bo Young stars as Seo Hee Soo, a former top actress and the wife of the second son of the chaebol family Hyowon Group. Kim Seo Hyung stars as Jung Seo Hyun, the elegant and well-born wife of the eldest son of Hyowon Group.

Spoilers

Spoiler
In the newly released stills, Seo Hee Soo and Kang Ja Kyung (Ok Ja Yeon) appear to be at odds once again, standing off in another tense encounter. Seo Hee Soo looks dejected as she faces Kang Ja Kyung, who has a hand on her temple as she retaliates with an imperious glare, as if she has nothing left to lose.

Viewers were left in shock as the previous episode revealed that the ever suspicious Kang Ja Kyung was actually the biological mother of Han Ha Joon (Jung Hyun Joon). Furthermore, it was also revealed that Seo Hee Soo’s husband Han Ji Yong (Lee Hyun Wook) took part in bringing Kang Ja Kyung into the house as Han Ha Joon’s tutor.

Lee-Bo-Young.jpgOk-Ja-Yeon.jpg

In another set of stills, Jung Seo Hyun and Han Ji Yong—two people who rarely meet outside of large family gatherings—are seen talking together. Han Ji Yong extends his finger toward Jung Seo Hyun, but this shocking movement doesn’t cause her to waver in the slightest.

However, when Jung Seo Hyun is left alone she appears weak and downcast, as if her encounter with Han Ji Yong has left her feeling mentally vulnerable. Curiosity is mounting over the discussion that took place between the pair and how it will affect Jung Seo Hyun.

Lee-Hyun-Wook-Kim-Seo-Hyung.jpgKim-Seo-Hyung1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Were they (Hee Soo and Ha Joon) really that close? 

I think they're pretty close. But when that fox came, she said things to him and was trying to put a gap between them so that she could swoop in. Sly tactics that even the jerk (Ji Yong, I refused to say his name now) recognize. That's why he warned her to back off. He let her in so that she could be close to her son but not replacing Hee Soo as his

wife or Ha Joon mother position. 

5 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Is this Hi Soo? Will she lose the baby from this fall/incident? Does this event make her change?

The one who fell down? Yeah in ep 5 we saw that the women face is revealed and it was Hee Soo. I watched again the beginning scene of ep 1. In that accident a woman fell down from the second floor of Cadenza. So I guess Hee Soo was attending some party or dinner with the main family when the accident happened. And I guess she might lost the baby in her belly as the result. Sister Emma said to the police that she witnessed someone bleeding to death. I hope Hee Soo isn't dead because she need all the power to get revenge on those who harm her and hers. 

I haven't watched the full episodes but did see several clips. Gosh ep 10 is quite exciting and I can't help for ep 7. Hee Soo finally back to her old self and faced the fox while also slapping her (with word and physical) which is something that I've been waiting for !

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Eps 6 - The Uncomfortable Truth or Fake Peace. 

There weren't any new shocking revelations so to speak , but it is clear that Ji Yong ( as I had suspected) made it possible for Tutor Fox (yes @LaLa am using your pet name for her , LOL)  to come into the household with the help of old lady. That is why JY had "allowed" Jin Ho to be made the Chairman. But for JiYong  this was a small sacrifice as he knew his real competitor for the seat isn't his useless brother but his very competent sis-in-law. He had overheard his father said to her that she was a potential candidate for the seat. I don't think he expected this but if you're going to bring your enemy down , you have got to know their weakness.  He chanced upon the maid recording the conversation. And it is not hard to put together how he was able to find out about Seo Hyun's lover and sexual orientation. 

So when SH found the truth about Tutor Fox, she had wanted to tell Hee Soo about it. But HeeSoo came with news of her pregnancy . Seo Hyun found it hard to reveal the truth given the happy news that HS told her. Seo Hyun was conflicted. But she was protective of Hee Soo and she did the next best thing she could think of which was to confront Ji Yong , asking him to be honest and to tell HeeSoo himself. But of course now the true face of Ji Yong was revealed to SeoHyun,  and he knowing her Achilles heel , used her secret to keep her mouth shut. 

Just to backtrack, Hee Soo  did find Ha Joon who had actually gone to a concert without permission. And mother & son made  up. Long story short Tutor Fox could see HS's love for HJ. I think in this episode , we can see that perhaps she isn't as conniving as she was projected to be . At the end of the day, she just really wants her son (and man ) back , things  which she felt she was robbed off. I am sure old lady did something to her to make her abandon Ha Joon. Nevertheless in the midst of all the conflicted feelings inside her , the one that came to dominate was the feeling of being dealt with unjustly . So even though she did leave (and almost revealed her true identity to HS) , it isn't the end of her. As we could see at the end of the episode, she may have left her tutor identity behind but she is returning as Lee Hye Jin - birth mum of Ha Joon. What is making me curious is her actual background. Is she herself from a rich family? She came in a chauffer driven car at the end.

Anyway, this episode we can confirm one thing is that both sisters-in-law have each other's back. Both were initially afraid to deal with the truth. HS knows deep down that Tutor Fox is Ha Joon's mum. She had many opportunities to find out. Even when Tutor was leaving, she could have discovered the truth. But she chose fake peace then. It was the same with Seo Hyun. She was struggling with her own secret but she was also conflicted as she knew that Hee Soo should know about Tutor's identity.  SH finally told Mother Emma her own secret love story which helped released her burden . So by the end of the episode both HS and SH decided to face the uncomfortable truth instead. I was so pleased at that charity event, HS and SH tell each other what they know about Ha Joon's birth mum. Even though Lee Hye Jin reveals her true self and there's JY to deal with, I feel better for Hee Soo that she has Seo Hyun on her side.

Oh one more thing - young heir & maid love story still at innocent lovey dovey stages. But Jin Ho caught them staring at each other ....think he will figure out what is going on. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Anyway, this episode we can confirm one thing is that both sisters-in-law have each other's back.

I really love this part and am glad that they’re on the same side. Although it’s still possible telling HS is just one of SH’s strategies to bring down Ji Yong...? KSH’s acting is so good, the longing for her lover and the sadness...

Another awesome episode with no boring moment. I had guessed that Tutor will show up at the event, but her arrival nonetheless was still giving dramatic impact. 

So it seems like from Sister Emma’s narration at the end, one body will be missing? 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif