Oh my, one whole week to wait. Well whatever Chairman's will was , it definitely did not go in Ji Yong's favour given that he was crying. The real strategist here could very well be Chairman ( look at his secret bunker for his lover's shrine). What if none of the children are given the Chairman position and he turned it over to external management? That will be a real good twist.

And whoever who died must have meant something to Ha Joon and the family. Since Hee Soo got up at the end , and Ha Joon wore the horseshoe necklace - it does seem to hint at Lee Hye Jin being the one. But what if it was Ji Yong? Would Hye Jin have such a grand looking funeral? 

I hope that the women are working together at the end. At this point it is hard to tell if they are colluding or not. It seems they were at first , but Hee Soo and SH's change of expression when Tutor Fox started demanding for Ha Joon to be returned to her had me confused as to whether this was an act , or this was an act but one party bailed , or they are all darn good actors and this was part of their scheme. :wow2:

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

22 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

but Hee Soo and SH's change of expression when Tutor Fox started demanding for Ha Joon to be returned to her had me confused as to whether this was an act , or this was an act but one party bailed , or they are all darn good actors and this was part of their scheme.

Did you notice the slight smile by Seo Hyun from the top of the grand foyer, when she saw Hye Jin's down at the bottom by the big wooden door? That's what made me think that this meeting is planned.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 5/30/2021 at 11:50 PM, LaLa said:

For a nun who have taken her vows, she has a collection of expensive bags inside her cabinets.. 

At the beginning, when we first saw her using a Birkin, I think most of us were guessing that she was either Ji Yong's mother or some relative of the Chairman (I also wondered if he had another wife/lover before Wife 1, who became so disillusioned that she became a nun). So her having an expensive bag was not strange - it's functional and saved her money from buying another bag lol. But from the last episode, it would seem she still admires/loves the bags - a bit like she can't totally let go of this materialistic side. On the whole though, I think her character is good. So far, her actions and advice have been to Hi Soo's benefit/welfare.

On 5/30/2021 at 11:51 PM, ktcjdrama said:

- Smart Chairman Han for giving a time limit to disclose his will. Then we find Ji Yong's crying, wonder what the content of the will was.

- Well, well, well... Fox turned into a witch this episode, lol, just look at her attire when she came to Cadenza later in the episode, except for the balloon sleeves, and she forgot to bring along the broom. However, I appreciate her concern for Hee Soo earlier. She seems genuinely worried about her.

- That last scene in the dining room. Who else think it's just a stage-up by the three ladies? 

- We see more of that fateful opening scene of this drama. Hee Soo survived, but someone else was bloodied. Guessing from how sad Ha Joon was crying, it's either Ji Yong, or his birth mother.

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

And whoever who died must have meant something to Ha Joon and the family. Since Hee Soo got up at the end , and Ha Joon wore the horseshoe necklace - it does seem to hint at Lee Hye Jin being the one. But what if it was Ji Yong? Would Hye Jin have such a grand looking funeral? 

I hope that the women are working together at the end. At this point it is hard to tell if they are colluding or not. It seems they were at first , but Hee Soo and SH's change of expression when Tutor Fox started demanding for Ha Joon to be returned to her had me confused as to whether this was an act , or this was an act but one party bailed , or they are all darn good actors and this was part of their scheme. :wow2:

I think the will should have named Seo Hyun to take over. It's already the half-way point of the drama so it is time for her to wield more power. At this time she is like a tai-tai playing in her museum lol. The earlier part of the chapter also showed that she has decided to not pursue her relationship with Suzy (at least for now) and she visited the Chairman in the hospital probably to "tell" him that she accepts his offer.

Regarding why the Chairman had said that Ji Yong would never be chosen, a simple reason could be that he is illegitimate. Thus, the father had never tried to groom him from young. And Ji Yong recognised this - he preferred to be scolded (like Jin Ho) than to be left to play.

I thought it as a set-up by Hi Soo and Ja Kyeong too but am not sure. JK seemed to really apologetic after the miscarriage. The scenes of her in the black witchy clothes was after, so they could already have made an agreement. That said, I wonder how these 2 women were going to "share" Ha Joon. But I am also guessing that JK is the one who died. If it was Ji Yong, Hi Soo's revenge story would be over so it is highly unlikely. Will Hi Soo get into trouble since she had threatened to kill JK?

JK, at the end of the day, was just a mother who wanted her child back. But it is unknown how she is supporting herself. To try to "snatch" back her child in these circumstances seems strange. As a mother, would you not leave your son to continue living in comfort with his father, especially since the step mother loves him so much?

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Wahh @SilverMoonTea you know the brand of the bag? I have no idea..they re just looking nice and expensive to me :laugh: Let's see whether our wild guess of her being KMJ is correct...maybe she got plastic surgery along the way so she doesnt look like how she was before :PsyWhat:

@Chocolate i think for now I hope the two women can work out a way to bring up Ha Joon together. It doesn't hurt to have both mothers looking after him... But making him choose and taking side will def hurt him (unless one mother is outright evil..but seems both are good). And that's what happened in previous eps... Both mothers tried to 'claim' him as hers and hers only... 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

On 6/1/2021 at 1:41 AM, Chocolate said:

On the whole though, I think her character is good. So far, her actions and advice have been to Hi Soo's benefit/welfare.

I think she is a good character too. She is the narrator of the story, sort of like having the bird's eye view on the events in the family, so it'd be rather strange for her to suddenly turn into the antagonist. We're not privy to her surname, so it's difficult to find connection. I suspect that she is related to the Chairman somehow, and who knows, maybe she has significant shares in the company that she "chose" to ignore?

On 6/1/2021 at 1:41 AM, Chocolate said:

JK, at the end of the day, was just a mother who wanted her child back. But it is unknown how she is supporting herself. To try to "snatch" back her child in these circumstances seems strange. As a mother, would you not leave your son to continue living in comfort with his father, especially since the step mother loves him so much?

If I were her, that's what I would do too... but I guess the feelings of being wronged, of having been "forcefully" separated from him made her think that she is doing the right thing. I also think it's that sense of entitlement that some people just have.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

This is an insightful article on Naver. The autotranslation is probably not so accurate but the jisc is there. Maybe @LaLa, you might understand better

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4328484

The meaning behind the title for each episode

optimize

Writer Baek Mi-kyung explained why the first episode of 'Main' was subtitled 'Strangers', saying, "The story begins when two women who don't seem to fit in a peaceful family of filial piety come in." Min pointed out the appearance of tutor Kang Ja-kyung (Ok Ja-yeon) and maid Kim Yu-yeon (Jung Yi-seo), who caused a crack in their daily life.

Writer Baek explained that the subtitle of the second episode 'The Wings of Icarus' also means that "Icarus, who loved sheep, is compared to a strong man, and his story begins." At the same time, the 3rd generation chaebol Han Soo-hyeok (Cha Hak-yeon) and maid Kim Yu-yeon, who faced each other in front of the Glass Garden, also hinted at the future they would fall for each other, raising interest. Writer Baek explained, "All the characters are not divided into black and white, but have an appearance of intermediate colors" regarding the subtitle of the third episode, 'The Gray Zone'.

Writer Baek explained that the 4th sub-title 'Narrow Gate' is the beginning of a movement to break the prejudice that surrounds the characters." The subtitle of episode 5, 'The Sixth Sense', said, "The story of Hee-soo who suffers from the six senses that come without accurate physical evidence." Regarding the 6th episode's subtitle 'Inconvenient truth, false peace', writer Baek said, "It's a lie, but Hee-soo's worries about whether she wants peace now or the truth.

Writer Baek finally said that the 8th sub-title 'How the Elephant Exits the Door' is "the characters try to break through each other's frame (prejudice)".

Producer Na-jeong Lee, who was in charge of directing, said about the direction of the direction, "I wanted to convey the current situation of the main characters in a compressed and intuitive way." He said, "It's a brief moment, but with a strong visual effect." He added, "I thought it would be good if you could feel the psychology of the main character as if it were an 'experience', and the CG team implemented it well."

When asked if there was a subtitle that was most memorable at the time the 8th episode was aired, the PD said, "In fact, the 4th episode's subtitle, 'Narrow Gate', where the letters approach as if through a narrow door, and the messy, messy look of Hyowon-ga and Hee-soo's confusion. I personally remember the 5 episodes of 'The Sixth Sense', which is a kaleidoscope of , and the 6th episode of 'Inconvenient Truth, False Peace', which appears when Jeong Seo-hyun's troubled mind turns into a colorful window."

• Insightful 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Pre-released ....@LaLa what does bread throwing sister want with the nun?

Sorry for just seeing this. She was told to have a consultation/therapy as a condition for inheriting her father's stocks in the company. It was written in the will. Jin Ho introduced Sister Emma to her and she call to make an appointment. Emma said she's not a therapist, but a nun. Jin Hee kind of pressured her to agree and make time for her and Emma shouted at her 'No!' Typical chaebol daughter behavior hahha

Finally in ep 9 it's revealed whose blood that Hee Soo saw and made her scream. I guessed she didn't expect it at all that the one who is bleeding to death is no one other than evil jerk Ji Yong. Now it made me moreee curious about what's happening that day. I guess only several days or couple of weeks until the day of incident to be shown in the drama.

Another twist that I don't expect was that Evil Jerk doesn't have any Han's blood at all in his vein. And he knew it since the beginning because he remembered what his mother said to him when he was sleeping (or pretending to sleep?) Kim Mi Ja said to Chairman Han that she's pregnant with other man's child but Han being so much in love with her said he will raise him as if the child is his own. Apparently Kim Mi Ja seems to want to have some parts for Han family because she kind of (?) regretted that evil jerk doesn't have any Han bloods in him. That's why Han said to Seo Hyun there's no way that the jerk will inherit his company. I guess blood is thicker in case of inheriting the family.

We also got the result of the Chairman's will. In her rage for not being satisfied with what she got, madam peacock hit the Han which miraculously the cure for him. He has finally woken up from his slumber. I'm excited to see whether things will happened as in the will or it will be different after the Chairman woke up.

The fight between Hee Soo and Fox for Ha Joon custody is starting. Stupid evil jerk in his anger ordered the fighters to fight to death and in the end one of the fighter really dead after being brutally hit by the other one (which surprisingly both are brothers). That will be another weakness that Jerk has to hide. He even blamed everything on the Fox, like he has nothing wrong. What a psycho...  

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

On 5/31/2021 at 4:51 PM, abs-oluteM said:

OMG....so it was evil jerk...I had this feeling last week. Thanks @LaLa.  Evil jerk not having a single drop of Han blood is the real twist here. @ktcjdrama I am surprised at the revelations this early on. But with Old man Han awake ( he had too ...peacock wife's yelling and tantrums will wake anyone up!) , this is going to be interesting. However it really does mean now that there is one legitimate heir to the throne - Soo Hyuk. 

Personally I am not sure how I feel about both mums battling it out for Ha Joon...HJ may hurt the most.

Preview

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

That last scene with a tear dropping was intense for me. Can't help but starting to feel sorry for Ji Yong. Yes, he is an evil person, but was it because of what his mother said that he overheard. He is crazy to blame unfortunate things that happened in his life on other people. Especially with the death of the fighter connecting it to Tutor. However, it made me more interested to find out more about what made him so.

Anyway, about the fighter bit, it was a bit stretched actually, that they blame it on him for the death. Sorry, but they could've just chosen to play an act, or to not do it? I mean, why do you want to obey someone else ordering you to kill your brother? If you're just pretending to fight, then it was your fault for doing it too real. Didn't really like this part. At this point, I still suspect they were just putting on an act to squeeze out money from him. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

15 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Personally I am not sure how I feel about both mums battling it out for Ha Joon...HJ may hurt the most.

Actually, if Ji Yong dies, how can Hi Soo battle for Ha Joon? She is a stepmother. Surely that cannot override the rights of the birth mother no matter how well she looks after the child or loves him. So could something happen to Ja Kyeong?

14 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

That last scene with a tear dropping was intense for me. Can't help but starting to feel sorry for Ji Yong. Yes, he is an evil person, but was it because of what his mother said that he overheard. He is crazy to blame unfortunate things that happened in his life on other people. Especially with the death of the fighter connecting it to Tutor. However, it made me more interested to find out more about what made him so.

Me too! To know from young, that you are not wanted by your mum... It seems his mother was also quite scheming - somehow she managed to make the Chairman love her so much to accept her child as his, but regretted that love only went so far and Ji Yong would never inherit. Now I am hoping Mother Emma is not her.

The sister, Jin Hee seems redeemable. Loved the scene where Mother Emma shouted at her. JH needs hard love! Her peacock loving mother can't do it. But the Chairman seems to have a fairly good grasp of everyone's character and wrote his will accordingly. So he could be right that with some counselling, she would be a decent human being.

So now that the Chairman wakes, the will that was read is no longer valid...

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Lee Bo Young And Ok Ja Yeon Take Their Dispute To The Courtroom In “Mine”

Jun 6, 2021 by S. P

Lee Bo Young is ready to battle Ok Ja Yeon in the upcoming episode of “Mine”!

tvN’s “Mine” is a drama about strong and ambitious women who overcome society’s prejudices to discover what is truly theirs. Lee Bo Young stars as Seo Hee Soo, a former top actress and the wife of the second son of the chaebol family Hyowon Group. Kim Seo Hyung stars as Jung Seo Hyun, the elegant and well-born wife of the eldest son of Hyowon Group.

Spoilers

In the new stills for the upcoming episode, Seo Hee Soo and Kang Ja Kyung (Ok Ja Yeon), the birth mother of Seo Hee Soo’s son, draw attention as they sit next to their respective lawyers in the courtroom. Seo Hee Soo, who is carrying out a secret plan to escape from the clutches of the Hyowon family, appears resolute and determined. On the other hand, Kang Ja Kyung’s eyebrows are furrowed in distress, as if she has just been dealt an emotional attack. The completely opposite reactions of the two women are increasing viewers’ anticipation for their showdown in the courtroom.

Mine2.jpgLee-Bo-Young.jpgOk-Ja-Yeon.jpg

Spoiler

Seated in the gallery are Jung Seo Hyun and Han Ji Yong (Lee Hyun Wook), Seo Hee Soo’s husband. Jung Seo Hyun, who revealed Seo Hee Soo’s miscarriage and considers herself to be her supporter, observes the trial in a composed manner, but viewers are wondering what plan she could be cooking up inside her head.

Meanwhile, Han Ji Yong’s face is hard to read, and he appears almost like a third party in the courtroom instead of the main reason why both women ended up facing each other in court.

Kim-Seo-Hyung.jpgLee-Hyun-Wook.jpg

The feud between the two women boils down to who will raise Han Ha Joon (Jung Hyun Joon). Both women have shown strong affection for the child in the past, with Seo Hee Soo even stubbornly proclaiming, “I’m Ha Joon’s mother. I won’t let Ha Joon get hurt. I’m going to protect Ha Joon from that woman.”

Viewers are on the edges of their seats as they anticipate the results of the trial. Who will come out on top? Seo Hee Soo, who has the advantage of her family’s chaebol status and Jung Seo Hyun as her supporter, or Kang Ja Kyung, who is Han Ha Joon’s birth mother?

Source

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Actually, if Ji Yong dies, how can Hi Soo battle for Ha Joon? She is a stepmother. Surely that cannot override the rights of the birth mother no matter how well she looks after the child or loves him.

She is legally his mother. I doubt that the court will decide against it? Unless Tutor can prove beyond reasonable doubt (sounding so law school, haha) that the child was snatched away from her. This will be difficult to do. And, we still need to know what’s her background like now? From letting go of a child because she couldn’t raise him herself to being able to donate to the organization as part of the elites. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Actually, if Ji Yong dies, how can Hi Soo battle for Ha Joon? She is a stepmother. Surely that cannot override the rights of the birth mother no matter how well she looks after the child or loves him. So could something happen to Ja Kyeo

It will be harder, though I don't know if the court case will proceed with his death. I don't know how SK treats these court cases but shouldn't the child's welfare be prioritized?  Hee Soo has a point - she raised him. His attachment is to her and perhaps that could be the route that her lawyers would argue . It would be traumatising for a young child to be taken away from someone he's known as mum all his life.  Ja Kyeong may be his birth mum, but if she really loves her son , then this is not the way take him back. 

Though chairman is awake , and this means the will is void or it could be changed, it was an eye-opener to how the old man sees each member of his family. He was right about his children. His daughter actually is more capable than her older brother - her temper and emotional issues are the real problem but can be fixed.  Pity her poor abused husband who is dying to be divorced ! I like that old man also saw the good in his daughter-in-laws. The will was fair.

I feel quite sorry for young heir especially when he asked SY to consider his happiness ; unrealistic as it may be - this Cinderella story should get a happy ending since the adults clearly won't be getting theirs.

----------------------

New stills...

E3LMt4RVcAQP2N_?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

At this point, I still suspect they were just putting on an act to squeeze out money from him. 

We didn't know whether the fighters intention were to squeeze more money or not, but it's true that the younger fighter is still alive. But I guess in critical condition. The blow he got to the head was quite hard. Good guess!

My God I really love Seo Hyun. She is so precious. While in the beginning I said I'm on Hee Soo's side and wishing for her happiness, it still stays but now I too wish for happiness for Seo Hyun. She is just a great woman and leader. She is so precious and unique. I really wish nothing but happiness for her. Gaah :heart:

The title of this episode is the real mother. This could point to both Seo Hyun and Hee Soo.

Because of her uniqueness, Seo Hyun couldn't be happy because it won't look normal to others' eyes. She sacrificed her own happiness for others :cry: She asked the butler who spied on Soo Hyuk whether he looks happy when he is with Yu Yeon. Then she felt relieved. To her as long as Soo Hyuk is happy then is fine. She later also asked Soo Hyuk privately about the Chairman's will. She asked him to be honest with her because at least for once, she wants to become a real mother to him. She might not gave birht Soo Hyuk refused to inherit the seat because he then have to sacrifice bigger things. He realized from his birth mother that it would only bring unhappiness to his life. He doesn't want that. And Seo Hyun supports his decision. 

Hee Soo too have some mother and son bonding with Ha Joon. She brings him to her house and they have fun together. Poor boy who finally got a taste of ramyeon for the first time. They also have a heart to heart talk. It looks like a foreboding of the upcoming fights between her and the evil jerk. She assures Ha Joon that whatever happened, Ha Joon has to be strong because he is her son. 

In this ep we got another revelation from the past. Sister Emma whose real name is Seol Hwa has known Chairman Han since she was young. I didn't know whether they are related like siblings or cousins but the way the young Emma looked at Chairman Han, it's as if she loves him (not sure in what way). She knew Kim Mi Ja and Chairman Han asked her to introduce him. Young Emma said that Mi Ja already in relationship with other man and even has a child of that man. 

7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

The sister, Jin Hee seems redeemable. Loved the scene where Mother Emma shouted at her.

It looks like a good scolding and harsh words could open her eyes. When she demanded another consultation meeting with Sister Emma, she was refused at first. Then Emma gave the harsh scolding and reality check which resulted in her crying. She seemed finally realized of her mistakes. I hope she will become a better person after this. Jin Ho is well... at least until the current episode, he is still beyond helpful. He still loves drinking and quite abusive when he's drunk. 

• Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Still waiting patiently for that one OST that sounds so nice...

So my interpretation is that Hye Jin is actually helping Hee Soo to get the legal custody of Ha Joon, then Hee Soo served Ji Yong with divorce papers. Girl power!!

But, but... Sister Emma is on Ji Yong's side... unexpected. She must be a good friend of his mother?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

So funny! The peacock came back! But wait, it may not be the same peacock? Lol. (Btw, we all know peacocks can’t fly right?) Anyway, I think the key point is Jin Ho’s observation that “this bird came here, pretending to be No-deok, hiding it’s true identity”? = ? Mother Emma?

So Mother Emma was a good friend of the Chairman since young. I also get the feeling that she liked him. But he was interested in Mi Ja. I’m wondering now who was she betrothed to ie whose son is Ji Yong? Is that a reason why Mother Emma says the Chairman must fulfil his promise to take care of Ji Yong till the end?

But giving the Chairmanship to Ji Yong seems too extreme a way to fulfil a promise. Mother Emma also doesn’t seem to be the kind to reward someone who is evil given the speech she gave Jin Hee. Both she and the Chairman are astute so they probably know the kind of person Ji Yong is. Hmmmm...

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2