Happiness 해피니스 [2021]

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha it was OK, at least I go in fully knowing Hyun will be fine and not fooled by him passing out after getting shot with Sae Bom crying her eyes out LOL!

I was really scared for a second there :laugh:Did they really let him die the heroes death? But when I saw happy Sae Bom in the next scene I was sure, okay, he's alive. She wouldn't live there if he really died and wouldn't be joking around with Seo Yoon either. 

12 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Bahahahahaha I doubt the others will welcome more episodes when they are already getting tired of the annoying residents 😂

I think this section was totally okay, I do not think more episodes would have done a lot more in this regard, but 2-4 more episodes showing SB & YH as a couple, Seo Yoon seeing her mother recover, SB's former police cop redeeming herself and meeting SB, we also didn't know what happened to Yi-Hyun's partner JK. Was he able to meet his family? 

Did they manage to create a cure, what happened to TS afterwards. Did he manage to cure his wife AND kid? I would have loved to see a scene between him and his healthy, cured wife. 

SB also wanted to visit her mom.

The more I think about it, the more things I remember that weren't touched at the end. 

Would have loved to see a proper court scene with all the things 1201 & 601 had done. 

And the last episode, episode 16 would have been the wedding that YH & SB were planning from the start, but instead of a fake wedding, it would have been a real one with all the "good" guys from the apartment.  Even TS and Ji Soo as SB bridesmaid.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

My hubs is watching this too. He felt the story telling was a bit meh in the last few episodes though it started off quite nicely. He says some things didn't make sense.

Just finished and while I enjoyed the series, I think I have to agree with your husband. I don't know if the last episode was as good as I wanted it to be (Except the romance! The romance was super sweet :heart:). But as a frequent zombie genre watcher, I think I was disappointed with the 'rules' of the world. Mainly because I thought the disease could have been utilised a lot better for story-telling in the end. And it seemed like there was a lot of 'exceptions' for people getting the disease in the last few episodes (ie. barely anyone bit anyone when in the begining everyone bit everyone? Surely not everyone had immunity or was as strong willed enough to hit the urge to drink blood) :idk:

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

With zombie films, I often find it boring because all they do is just bite people and we see people running away from them but I like that Happiness uses zombie to explore and depict human behaviours/nature, much like what Sweet Home did.

9 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I have to disagree with you @mademoiselle 😂 I wouldn’t classify this drama in the same category as Train to Busan, Kingdom, Alive or even Sweet Home. There were hardly any real zombie scenes. It is also barely even an apocalyptic drama.

Hahahaha I LOL'ed at @Chocolate's assessment of this as a romance. I also disagree @mademoiselle, but not because I don't think this is zombie/ doomsday series, but because I think Happiness and Sweet Home are not particularly different but it's just that they're long-form series - The zombie genre as a whole is pretty much always about human nature, especially the worst of human nature since you always have a group of people who will look out for themselves and different types of people will always refuse to work together. But I think it probably depends on whether you tend to watch zombie movies (1 hour) or long-form series (Let's say over 6 episodes) . Films like Train to Busan and Alive don't have a lot of time to do detailed character building so zombie films are more like chasers or constant jump scare stories. But most zombie long form drama series, Korean (eg. Kingdom) or Western (eg. The Walking Dead) are actually character studies which show us that we have far more to fear in humans than monsters (unless the monsters come at you in hoards) and that people are complicated creatures with the capacity for both great selfishness and generousity. :idk:

What I think is original in this series is that it's the first zombie drama incorporating covid and playing on our real time pandemic experiences and that's why it's more relatable. And the characters we saw in this series were exaggerations of types of people we probably had to deal with as well (ie. toilet paper hoarders) :laugh:

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM I think the finale could have been a bit better. It fell short in few aspects, like showing us what happened to the residents or give me more OTP times after that. I also thought the execution of Andrew was really meh. I get that this is a deliberate design to show us humans are the real monster without needing to be a zombie (much like in Sweet Home with the contrast between a normal looking paedophile vs a disfigured man vs monsters). Another thing is how come he turns so quickly and not U301's son? Stuff like that but I'm not going to really nitpick. P.S. Love those photos from Han Hyo Joo so that I could swoon a little bit more as there was so little of the OTP in the finale. There are more~!

Yes, well summarised about the things I felt they could have improved on in the end!!! :MewHi:

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Happiness Couple's Progress:

Episode 1 - Marriage proposal

Episode 2 - Moving in + sleep together in same room

Episode 3 - Glad to see you hug

Episode 4 - Hand holding

Episode 5 - Comfort/thank you hug

Episode 6 - Giving her his jacket (anything else?)

Episode 7 - Feed each other + hand holding

Episode 8 - Rooftop confession + stare + near kiss

Episode 9 - Treating wound/care/feeling forehead + hand holding

Episdeo 10 - Taking care/worries of Yi Hyun?

Episode 11 - Hug + confession by both

Episode 12 - Another confession (SB) + Kisses + Backhug + Hand-holding

Hahahaha Thank you for this list! I thought the backhug was so cute. There is something about backhugs that give me the flutters in dramas :BulbaOWO:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Well, I am happy with how it ends. Although I'd like to know how Hyun was saved when I already prepared my heart that he really died, I can go with it coz like @Dhakra said, as long as he is alive, that's what matters. 

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I love the precautions they put in in case he turns. It was so adorable. I'm so glad Han Tae Seok and govt found another person with antibodies so that the pressure doesn't just fall on Sae Bom.

:lmao2: I laughed too and that was so considerate of them to think of that way. He's always been so considerate by asking people to stay away from him. Those gears he had on is almost like the equivalent of us wearing masks nowadays. I admit I had to think for a second what those rubber dishwashing gloves were for, then I remembered it's to avoid scratching other people. How thoughtful.... And it seems that he is not the only with with antibodies. It seems like the old lady of 301 has antibodies too? 

I don't actually care what happens to Oh Joo Hyung and U1201 apartment representative. I'm happy with seeing them at court and so be it. Same goes to the cleaning couple, who were so ungrateful and greedy.

Me too. Not interested to know more about them. 1201 is a bit cuckoo already I think... All she think of is being the rep. Gosh, that cleaning couple... they're as bad as 1201 and 601. I laughed so much watching them already changed out of their clothes and wearing the 601 clothes. How delusional were they to think they can take up another person's home and life... :laugh:

Another thing is how come he turns so quickly and not U301's son? Stuff like that but I'm not going to really nitpick.

I think it's similar to the different reactions that people showed when infected by covid. Some showing more severe symptoms, some just mild symptoms and some without any.

I am still thinking whether I want to know about what happened to the lawyer and mistress.... They need to face some consequences too. But I guess they didn't really do anything illegal? Could that be the reason why it's not shown? And I do want to know about Police Hyung and Supermarket Girl. Where are they and how are they?... But I am happy with the ending. One thing if they can make SY said that her mother is waiting for her, that'll be great, though it's pretty clear she's living with her mother. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Episode 12

My final thoughts. I enjoyed the show as a whole, but I think the finale was not the splendid bloodbath I was hoping for :laugh: It wasn't terrible and at least delivered on the romance, but it wasn't as amazing as it could have been either. The romance was good not only because it was so sweet and chill even in the time of zombies, but I think it showed Sae Bom's character development as someone who was always independent and in denial of her feelings, to someone who realised that she always had someone who supported and cherished her (and that person was who she wanted to support and cherish). :heart:

Also whoaaaa, so brave to make out with zombie boyfriend :laugh: First time I've seen it happen! I kind of wish we also got a non zombie kiss, but we got 2 kisses, so not complaining at all.

As for the rest of the storyline, let's start with the good. In the end, I liked the way the writer and her brother ended up being important characters...and it was nice to still them argue, with a bit more of an equal vibe rather than at the start where she seemed like she was being bullied by him. I liked his redemption as a character - to the point where he had antibodies. I have to admit, I didn't see that one coming. I thought they might make the elderly lady have the antibodies, but they never quite tied that story up...you never really find out if she was infected! :thinking: But I liked the return of the prodigal son and the fact that that family ended up being happy since they seemed so dysfunctional at the start. Conversely, the fact that the lawyer's wife grew a backbone and continued to reject him made me happy. And good thing she did because he would still go back to greedy affair woman in a heartbeat :mad:

Now the bad... I think in the end there wasn't enough of a payout for having watched the annoying neighbours. I didn't mind that they were annoying as a show was what's wrong with humanity. And I thought it was interesting to show that you could be just as mean spirited whether you were male (murderer guy) or female, rich (apartment rep) or poor (the cleaners)....it was more about your values and levels of selfishness and greed....But as it was a drama which sits within the zombie/ doomsday/ apocalyse/ pandemic genre (haha, though you're not wrong about it being a romance too @Chocolate), it would have been nice to see the exaggerated consequences of punishment for these exaggerated characters. Especially because we had both a zombie disease, a few infected people in the building (Yi Hyun and Unemployed Social Media guy, Andrew) and a serial killer, it would have been fun to see an 'all hell breaks loose' scenario....instead they sort of showed us all of them driving themselves crazy with their own bad habits, which felt a bit lacklustre for me personally. It's kind of like they just went extremely stir-crazy from lockdown. But I really wanted to see those evil guys zombified or bitten, so they would learn their lessons from someone else. Maybe I'm just a terrible person, but I felt a bit robbed by this :lol:

I agree with @mademoiselle that Andrew's storyline was not that great. Again, I felt like it had potential when combined with the disease...but they sort of downplayed it, maybe because there wasn't enough time to expand. It felt kind of lame that after he became a zombie he went back to hide in the penthouse apartment?! He's a psycho killer! He's totally be stalking every resident and getting them for fun, especially since he also had a gun! It felt inconsistent for who he was :idk:

The other thing that @YourHighness mentioned was the lack of closure for a lot of loose ends. I feel like I'm kind of use to that for zombie series. They never quite tie up all the loose ends. But this one felt a little bit more rushed or open ended tha usual. Because there were so many characters who played significant roles, it would have been nicer to have a follow up. Like does Han Tae Seok have a normal Wriggly baby? Or did it die as a half zombie? I also wondered about the fate of the supermarket girl ...Did the cop friend get to see his wife? Did the cleaners get punished as well? And as mentioned before, did lady hamburger have antibodies??? So many unanswered questions. There were also a lot of scenes, I felt were a bit unnecessary, like the whole scene giving JiSoo the blackeye and the cameo of Sae Bom's friend where they call his name? I didn't dislike the end, I was just confused by what they chose to show :thinking:

But I did enjoy the series. And I'm still in a good mood because the last things we saw were a happy back-hugging Sae Bom and Yi Hyun and a healthy looking Se Yoon running around and knowing not to interrupt the love birds. I'll miss their chemistry and zombie-butt kicking ways! :heart:

33 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I laughed too and that was so considerate of them to think of that way. He's always been so considerate by asking people to stay away from him. Those gears he had on is almost like the equivalent of us wearing masks nowadays. I admit I had to think for a second what those plastic dishwashing gloves were for, then I remembered it's to avoid scratching other people. How thoughtful.... And it seems that he is not the only with with antibodies. It seems like the old lady of 301 has antibodies too? 

Hahaha the dishwashing gloves...I didn't think about that. How cute! :laugh::lol: 

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

I don't think the 301 old woman had antibodies. The clue to having antibodies is when your wound does not get worse or better. It just stays the same. 

Everybody's wound got darker and worse but for SaeBom and the writer's brother. The old husband of the lady actually had her hands tied and was feeding her instead.

I am kinda disappointed that SaeBom's blood plasma was not what cured Hyun. The military actually got the antibodies from the writer's brother and mimicked it with chemicals for everyone else? At least that' what I gathered from HTS and the officer's talk. HTS could only make 2 cures from SaeBom's latest blood donation because her antibodies were decreasing. I guess her body was creating the antibodies when the virus remained in her. As the wound started healing, her body stopped creating that many antibodies and her count started decreasing.

Maybe SaeBom and the writer's brother's body will create more antibodies if they are scratched again? 

TBH it's REALLY annoying that the show didn't explain this clearly and I have to piece/guess/hypothesis from vague dialogues from scenes. :mad:

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Final words and verdict

• I absoluty loved the OTP, their (love)story was cute and developed at a good pace. I just wished we had more time with them after everything was over. Would have loved to see them a bit more outside. 
  • My first zombie drama after quite a long time and I have to say I like how they handled the zombies, especially during the earlier episodes. It was actually quite interesting.
    I felt like towards the end zombies weren't as scary as they were in the beginning. Being infected wasn't a big deal during the last few episodes anymore. Even when YH was infected, it was treated more like a temporary superpower than a death-sentence. His face was also the only one which did not change permanently. More than one character also saw the zombie-state as a way to escape death. 
  • Some residents really became annoying at the end. I wouldn't have minded if they were all turned into zombies. Seo Yoon, So Yoon, supermarket girl, the writer and her brother were the only ones who were normal. 
    I wouldn't have endured more episodes with the bunch of evil character living in the apartment. 
  • It still makes me sad we don't know anything about the cure or what happened to each individual.

I wanted more episodes showing SB & YH as a couple, Seo Yoon seeing her mother recover, SB's former police cop redeeming himself and meeting SB, we also didn't know what happened to Yi-Hyun's partner JK. Was he able to meet his family? 

Did they manage to create a cure, what happened to TS afterwards. Did he manage to cure his wife AND kid? I would have loved to see a scene between him and his healthy, cured wife. 

SB also wanted to visit her mom. We never saw her. 

Would have loved to see a proper court scene with all the things 1201 & 601 had done. What was their sentence? 

Who remained in the apartment? Are all survivors still living there? 
  • And the MOST important question of all: 
    Who became the apartment representative? 

The drama was very, very interesting, the end was okay, but a little bit too short and a lot fell off. But overall I walk away from the drama with a good feeling. I had fun on both sides. Here and watching it. I got what I wanted, the OTP had chemistry and I found a few new SLS. I think it's a solid 9 out of 10. 

Really curious to find out @stroppyse opinion after she is finished.

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Finally finished watching, and really enjoyed it. I think I may go back and try to watch it all again without fast forwarding through the annoying, evil neighbors this time. I also appreciated that it didn't play with our emotions too much with respect to the OTP.

They gave enough hints that having something to hold on to can help a person keep the zombie desires at bay. And, it seems as if the more they know before they become infected, the higher the chance of keeping it in check despite overwhelming desires to bite for fresh uninfected blood. Plus the mutation that allowed an infected person to control when they turn better.

So, with YH, it showed him removing the checks on his zombieness when he wanted to, though it took a lot for him to calm back down and become human again. It was fitting that it was SB who he held onto in order to keep his humanity and to return to humanity from his zombie state.

@Dhakra, I didn't have a lot of leftover questions after the end of the final episode. So, I'll give you some thoughts on your questions.

4 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Even when YH was infected, it was treated more like a temporary superpower than a death-sentence. His face was also the only one which did not change permanently. More than one character also saw the zombie-state as a way to escape death. 

As I mentioned, the military researcher and TS had discussed the presence of mutations which allowed people to control their urges better and stay hidden longer when there was a higher chance of detection. Already, this seemed to indicate that the zombie state was becoming more controllable by the newer infectees.

I also thought that YH's face didn't change too much when in his human state because of the newness of his infection. With the earlier infectees, their face seem to be covered in petechiae from the stress of becoming zombie, not to mention their injuries as they fought their restraints to get to fresh blood. YH didn't have as many episodes of becoming zombie, nor was he bashing himself up while in his zombie state.

It still makes me sad we don't know anything about the cure or what happened to each individual.

The fact that there was a 1 year time jump (YH and SB walking at the end where YH asks SB what she's thinking and she responds how she had been thinking of last year when they had been cooped up in the apartment complex), plus people outside enjoying the day seems to indicate that the infection is under control and that they have found a treatment for it.

I do agree that it would have been nice to see what happened to everyone. The only ones we see are the apartment representation and the 601 guy who seem to be standing trial, probably because they perpetrated crimes on people even though never having become zombies themselves, so no ameliorating circumstances there.

Also, we see Seo Yoon who is happy and running, so her surgery was clearly a success since the previous time we had seen her was when she was being taken away to the hospital for her surgery. Her mother was given the antidote to the disease by SB before she left to go back to YH. So, the implication is that SY is at least living with her mother. I think the father didn't make it actually, or perhaps he went to the refrigeration trucks and so was able to be treated when they had enough treatment serum.

I wanted more episodes showing SB & YH as a couple, Seo Yoon seeing her mother recover, SB's former police cop redeeming himself and meeting SB, we also didn't know what happened to Yi-Hyun's partner JK. Was he able to meet his family? 

While it could have been nice to see, it also may have just dragged out the drama. Also, I think that anyone who isn't dead in the final episode was cured as SB's former partner was. So, I felt the implication was that JK was cured and with his family.

5 hours ago, Dhakra said:

They used the blood of the infected brother of the writer who never actually became zombie to create the actual cure since SB's had steadily lost antibodies and her blood was able to ultimately only produce a limited number of doses. The final doses were administered by TS to his wife in order to cure her and by SB to Seo Yoon's mother in order to cure her. As SB says to the medical researcher, YH has her to protect him, but Seo Yoon only has her mother so she couldn't not give her the last dose.

So, the implication is that TS was able to cure his wife, and since she was still carrying her baby, the baby as well. Plus, it's doubtful that the virus was able to cross the placental barrier in the first place, so the baby probably never got the zombie virus in the womb.

Would have loved to see a proper court scene with all the things 1201 & 601 had done. What was their sentence? 

Honestly, I was glad that it saw them having to answer in court for their various deeds, but I wasn't as interested in seeing the court case. I have to trust that the courts found them guilty of heinous deeds and had them suffer for it.

Who remained in the apartment? Are all survivors still living there? 

Well, we know that YH and SB are still living in their apartment. We saw Seo Yoon in the apartment complex, then running home, so she and her mother still live there. I would expect the writer to still live in her apartment. Since I'm pretty sure that the lawyer's wife divorced him, they are probably not still living there. Since the lawyer was the one who was cheating and there was evidence, the wife could get the divorce whether he agreed to it or not, and I hope she took everything she could in alimony.

We saw 601 and the apartment rep in court. The penthouse guy was killed. The family of 3 with the mother, father, and their wannabe sns star son were probably cured since they were taken by the military, and then would probably continue to live in their apartment.

Heck, it is difficult finding an apartment in Seoul! I would totally expect anyone who could to keep living there.

Who became the apartment representative? 

:lmao2:

This drama was definitely an unexpected treat. I thought I was zombied out, but YH and SB was a couple I could root for. The disease didn't always make that much sense, but in that this drama was tackling issues of human nature and what constitutes humanity more than the nature of disease itself, I thought it did a good job. A few late plot elements that weren't that well handled, e.g. Andrew being a serial murderer, but all in all, it was a good watch. As I mentioned, I may have to watch it all over again as soon as I have a bit of time. I'll have to think about it some, and maybe write up a proper review.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

@JenL Re: Less biting

It's too repetitive to see the infectees biting people all the time. It's not entirely true that no one is bitten since Yi Hyun bit Andrew and U301 son was bitten too. Obviously somewhere in the middle the "biting" needs to be less because the story's focus shifted to human nature brought out by the disease/lockdown rather than all about zombies. Plus I think the Show also wants to show there are some people who could resist the urge with proper precautions in place (which I believe Han Tae Seok himself mentioned Sae Bom found another way he didn't). I believe the Show wants to depict that when a person with a stronger mindset or have support from loved ones, they can fight the disease better and this is shown through the supermarket girl, U401 brother and Yi Hyun.

@ktcjdrama Ooo, you're right. I didn't think of the gear U401 brother had on is equivalent to face mask we're wearing! The rubber gloves made me laugh. I just love the sister did that as a prevention and protection. Nah, he's the only one with the antibodies other than Sae Bom. He will probably have more antibodies because he's bitten instead of scratched. The old lady is infected (her scar turned black) and likely to have had outburst before (remember the banging?) but I think she was able to withstand it longer with Haraboji tending to her. In the last scene, if you watch closely, both her hands were tied. Their son was chained to the sofa. And I suspect the reason Haraboji has a towel wrapped around his neck was to prevent getting bitten :lol:. Yi Hyun sent the son back knowing that being with family will help him control.

As for the cleaning couple, the whole of yesterday I thought "what's wrong with them" but now I have a 💡 moment after reading your post. I suppose it's not entirely impossible for them to "dream" about it since the movie Parasite, too, depict the whole family pretending they own the house until the owners return.

LOL, the mistress went on to become the journalist in One Ordinary Day. Did you and @Chocolate not recognise her (she was the one with Shin Doong Han)? :laugh:I think overall it probably is not so important to show these characters' outcome, especially the bad ones. I wouldn't mind a quick summary of the U401 siblings and Han Tae Seok & family. And @Dhakra I think 2-3 more episodes is too many, I'd say an extra episode is good enough length to show us more about the cure and some characters we care about.

@JenL @YourHighness Ditto about the kiss. I would love to have another kiss too with Hyun healed xD

17 hours ago, YourHighness said:

I am kinda disappointed that SaeBom's blood plasma was not what cured Hyun. The military actually got the antibodies from the writer's brother and mimicked it with chemicals for everyone else? At least that' what I gathered from HTS and the officer's talk. HTS could only make 2 cures from SaeBom's latest blood donation because her antibodies were decreasing. I guess her body was creating the antibodies when the virus remained in her. As the wound started healing, her body stopped creating that many antibodies and her count started decreasing.

Maybe SaeBom and the writer's brother's body will create more antibodies if they are scratched again? 

TBH it's REALLY annoying that the show didn't explain this clearly and I have to piece/guess/hypothesis from vague dialogues from scenes.

I was horrified when Sae Bom took out the syringe (imagine me screaming Nooooo!) but being spoiled already I know Yi Hyun survived (and U401 has the antibodies), I got over quick. But from another perspective, it'd feel like it would mean so much more if it was Sae Bom's plasma that helps cure Yi Hyun which would echo back to her being his life saver one more time. Agree that if Sae Bom is scratched or bitten, she'll produce antibodies again. And maybe perhaps that's why she's not worried if Yi Hyun bites her too. Since she loves him and can't live without him, she'd rather face death together with him.

Personally I believe the ending (the cure bit) is self-explanatory with U401 brother taken away to cultivate more antibodies.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 3
33 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL, the mistress went on to become the journalist in One Ordinary Day. Did you and @Chocolate not recognise her (she was the one with Shin Doong Han)?

Yes, I noticed and thought, well, she cleans up quite well lol.

33 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I think 2-3 more episodes is too many, I'd say an extra episode is good enough length to show us more about the cure and some characters we care about.

I think they could have cut some parts of episodes 8-11 about the residents. No need an additional episode 😅

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL, the mistress went on to become the journalist in One Ordinary Day.

Yes I did... was about to mention it to you guys.

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

I think they could have cut some parts of episodes 8-11 about the residents. No need an additional episode

I agree. 

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I was horrified when Sae Bom took out the syringe (imagine me screaming Nooooo!) but being spoiled already I know Yi Hyun survived (and U401 has the antibodies), I got over quick. But from another perspective, it'd feel like it would mean so much more if it was Sae Bom's plasma that helps cure Yi Hyun which would echo back to her being his life saver one more time. Agree that if Sae Bom is scratched or bitten, she'll produce antibodies again. And maybe perhaps that's why she's not worried if Yi Hyun bites her too. Since she loves him and can't live without him, she'd rather face death together with him.

Personally I believe the ending (the cure bit) is self-explanatory with U401 brother taken away to cultivate more antibodies.

I re-watched a few scenes from previous episodes and realized that HTS had the apartment complex locked down for the exact reason of infected people producing antibodies in a natural setting, (unlike the military dormitory) which the writer's brother did. Unlike SB, whose body created antibodies from the get go; he did become zompire pale and felt the thirst and the urge to bite people that's why he kept everyone away from himself. I guess he was so desperate to not be a monster and hurt/kill anyone so he can see his children again that his body began producing antibodies.

As much as I am disappointed that SB's blood plasma was not the cure that cured YH, I am now happy about the decision because as we saw the person with the antibodies would've been isolated in a biosafety level four facility and SB needed to stay with Hyun to keep him safe and sane. Even normal Hyun would have lost his mind if SB had been taken away from him for god knows how long.

I am sure the writer's brother was used for the antibodies without getting anything in exchange, unlike SB who would have bargained for something in exchange(like she already did for SY's surgery). Maybe he and his sister were told that they were using him for research. There's no way for the writer and her brother to know he had antibodies because SaeHyun(who would have realized what was happening) would have been transferred to the military dormitory until Hyun had gotten the cure. 

Other than wanting another kiss(es), I have no complaints with the show anymore. :laugh:

Oh wait, I really would have loved the twist of Andrew being an infected serial killer. I think they dropped the ball there. I didn't really find him that scary compared to the 601 Dr who was a raging psychopath. 

Ah, well I can say goodbye to one of my fav drama's of 2021 but I'll stick to SaeHyun and their scenes for a little while more. 

• Like 5
16 hours ago, Dhakra said:

• My first zombie drama after quite a long time and I have to say I liked how they handled the zombies, especially during the earlier episodes. It was actually quite interesting.
    I felt like towards the end zombies weren't as scary as they were in the beginning. Being infected wasn't a big deal during the last few episodes anymore. Even when YH was infected, it was treated more like a temporary superpower than a death-sentence. His face was also the only one which did not change permanently. More than one character also saw the zombie-state as a way to escape death. 
  • Some residents really became annoying at the end. I wouldn't have minded if they were all turned into zombies. Seo Yoon, So Yoon, supermarket girl, the writer and her brother were the only ones who were normal. 
    I wouldn't have endures more episodes with the bunch of evil character living in the apartment. 

11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

The disease didn't always make that much sense, but in that this drama was tackling issues of human nature and what constitutes humanity more than the nature of disease itself, I thought it did a good job. A few late plot elements that weren't that well handled, e.g. Andrew being a serial murderer, but all in all, it was a good watch. As I mentioned, I may have to watch it all over again as soon as I have a bit of time. I'll have to think about it some, and maybe write up a proper review.

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Re: Less biting

It's too repetitive to see the infectees biting people all the time. It's not entirely true that no one is bitten since Yi Hyun bit Andrew and U301 son was bitten too. Obviously somewhere in the middle the "biting" needs to be less because the story's focus shifted to human nature brought out by the disease/lockdown rather than all about zombies. Plus I think the Show also wants to show there are some people who could resist the urge with proper precautions in place (which I believe Han Tae Seok himself mentioned Sae Bom found another way he didn't). I believe the Show wants to depict that when a person with a stronger mindset or have support from loved ones, they can fight the disease better and this is shown through the supermarket girl, U401 brother and Yi Hyun.

Hehe, a bit of a mega answer - I think @Dhakra and @stroppyse have summed up my feelings perfectly, both the good and the less good about this show.... 

@mademoiselle - It's not that I care so much about the infectees biting people, but I think for me, the payoff from watching the annoying characters for 12 episodes was underwhelming when you get to the ending, regardless of whether zombies were involved for not (the bloodbath I wanted was action/excitement/revenge). Most of the time I think your opinion of a drama depends on whether you felt it was worth your time watching certain characters/ scenes/ events in the plot + the consequences of those things. While this was a good look at the dark side of human nature, I feel like I've seen a lot of other zombie/ end of world series deliver great character studies and also have a more exciting/interesting ending. Haha, not going to deny like @Dhakra that I wouldn't have minded them turning into zombies, but that's not what I found lacking in the ending. What I found lacking was the way each character sort of fizzled out without much action. For example, the apartment rep was going crazy, but her character really just tapered off and it felt a little lame that she could be 'tamed' or pacfied by being told they'd vote for her when a few seconds ago she was still yelling at them for killing her husband. In her crazy state of hatred, I didn't feel like it was realistic or consistent that she would suddenly backoff like that... There were so many other crazy routes they could have gone down - she could have had a real full on fight with Sae Bom (instead of just yelling) and Yi Hyun, or tried to team up again with Andrew, resulting in him killing her or something like that. Not necessarily turning into a zombie, but I wanted to see her taken down in her full unhinged fury...not just fizzling out saying 'vote for me' from her little tent on the rooftop. :laugh:

I was like 9/10 the whole way though...but the ending sort of felt like a 7/10 for me. But the romance was so well developed in this zombie series and I was rooting for the main couple the whole way....And I did like casting my judging all the neighbours :lenny: so it was still an enjoyable series :lol:

3 hours ago, YourHighness said:

Oh wait, I really would have loved the twist of Andrew being an infected serial killer. I think they dropped the ball there. I didn't really find him that scary compared to the 601 Dr who was a raging psychopath. 

Somehow I still find the cleaners and the apartment rep to be the worst residents for me - they were so crazy and demanding the whole time that it was grating to watch. Andrew was less annoying till the end, but pretty damn evil. The 601 doctor was evil, but he was also pretty stupid and it felt like Yi Hyun beat him in every single episode :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I didn't have a lot of leftover questions after the end of the final episode. So, I'll give you some thoughts on your questions.

Yay, okay stroppy-writer-nim. :pandasipsip: Enlighten me!

12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

As I mentioned, the military researcher and TS had discussed the presence of mutations which allowed people to control their urges better and stay hidden longer when there was a higher chance of detection. Already, this seemed to indicate that the zombie state was becoming more controllable by the newer infectees.

I also thought that YH's face didn't change too much when in his human state because of the newness of his infection. With the earlier infectees, their face seem to be covered in petechiae from the stress of becoming zombie, not to mention their injuries as they fought their restraints to get to fresh blood. YH didn't have as many episodes of becoming zombie, nor was he bashing himself up while in his zombie state.

Okay, makes sense. I haven't seen it from a medical pov. For me it just sounded like infected are able to deceive ppl better and hide their infection. 

But even supermarket girl's face looked dry out and porous after transforming. It looked like the skin got streched during the transformation. The petechiae stuff you mentioned. I totally had to google that btw.  Everyone who transformed even once was marked by it, you could see right away. YH's face though transformed back without scratch. No one could tell, he looked exactly the same. This could be because he's the main lead and fangirls and boys don't want to his disfigured face for two episodes. 

While it could have been nice to see, it also may have just dragged out the drama. Also, I think that anyone who isn't dead in the final episode was cured as SB's former partner was. So, I felt the implication was that JK was cured and with his family.

But I rather have a dragged out drama at the end, than just two minutes of couple time. I mean, I don't want the apartment-section drawn out, it was already at the edge of being too long, but we saw the OTP before the lockdown, on their way to move in, but pretty much no time afterwards. 1-2 additional episodes would have been nice. Not mandatory, but nice. 

So, the implication is that TS was able to cure his wife, and since she was still carrying her baby, the baby as well. Plus, it's doubtful that the virus was able to cross the placental barrier in the first place, so the baby probably never got the zombie virus in the womb.

Okay, solved. I take it. :pandapopcorn:

Honestly, I was glad that it saw them having to answer in court for their various deeds, but I wasn't as interested in seeing the court case. I have to trust that the courts found them guilty of heinous deeds and had them suffer for it.

Yeah, no. Not gonna cut it. I would have loved to know their sentence and what charges they got. Especially 601 did so many (hidden) stuff, he even tried to suffocate JK. It doesn't have to be a whole court scene with lawyers and stuff, but maybe a small scene where the judge just tells their sentence based on their crimes. 

13 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Well, we know that YH and SB are still living in their apartment. We saw Seo Yoon in the apartment complex, then running home, so she and her mother still live there. I would expect the writer to still live in her apartment. Since I'm pretty sure that the lawyer's wife divorced him, they are probably not still living there. Since the lawyer was the one who was cheating and there was evidence, the wife could get the divorce whether he agreed to it or not, and I hope she took everything she could in alimony.

We saw 601 and the apartment rep in court. The penthouse guy was killed. The family of 3 with the mother, father, and their wannabe sns star son were probably cured since they were taken by the military, and then would probably continue to live in their apartment.

Heck, it is difficult finding an apartment in Seoul! I would totally expect anyone who could to keep living there

YH & SB check. Seo Yoon check. Writer check. Old couple & son check. 

But does the lawyer and his new mistress live there? Doubt it. They probably also could end up in front of the court. Mistress also tried to kill 601.

Sure the ppl in front of the court and dead ppl won't live there anymore. 

Really? Is it so hard? Where do people live then? 

13 hours ago, stroppyse said:

:lmao2:

So you can't answer the most important question? :pandaroar: And who did SB vote for?  

Looking forward to your proper review :) 

• Haha 5
3 hours ago, JenL said:

Somehow I still find the cleaners and the apartment rep to be the worst residents for me - they were so crazy and demanding the whole time that it was grating to watch. Andrew was less annoying till the end, but pretty damn evil. The 601 doctor was evil, but he was also pretty stupid and it felt like Yi Hyun beat him in every single episode

I think the cleaners were mean people from the beginning, though perhaps it's being looked down upon as cleaners by the residents which made them worse? Though the way they took every opportunity to better themselves and throw others to the wolves (err...zombies) made them absolute villains for me.

The apartment rep was both evil and pathetic. She was trying so hard for her own small share of money and power. The couple clearly didn't have a lot of money though they had bought their apartment since they weren't even able to furnish it. It was by controlling the vendors who had could supply the apartments that she wanted to make her money as well as a seat of power. Was that really worth betraying family and killing people over?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
5 hours ago, JenL said:

Somehow I still find the cleaners and the apartment rep to be the worst residents for me - they were so crazy and demanding the whole time that it was grating to watch. Andrew was less annoying till the end, but pretty damn evil. The 601 doctor was evil, but he was also pretty stupid and it felt like Yi Hyun beat him in every single episode :laugh:

For me, everyone was evil for a reason. The cleaners and rep were greedy, Andrew was creepy and evil but he was as a murderer is, the kills thrilled him. But the doctor, he was totally psychotic, he tried to kill people just for fun or for revenge or for money. You never know when he will turn on you and that makes him scarier than Andrew for me. Hyun had a cops instinct so he was always ahead of him but everyone else were his victims waiting to happen. He so casually tried to suffocate Police Ahjusshi, locked out and locked in people with the infected, kept the cleaner couple as his would be food. I like to think that in the court, all the good residents with SaeHyun were brought in as witnesses and both the Rep and him got psychological evaluation and charged with murder(for him) and attempted murder(him and the rep). He also probably got in trouble with the IT department. Hopefully that should've gotten him a long time in prison.

Which reminds me, Andrew seemed pretty focused on SaeBom more than Hyun and I think I can guess why. Everyone was scared of him. Even Hyun was scared that he will hurt or kill SaeBom but SB was always so calm and confident. She never showed any fear and I think that bothered him and made him feel less. He was so used to being the feared one, the top dog when the truth of him comes out. Everyone was terrified of him but SB and that's why he wanted to kill her so desperately. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I think the cleaners were mean people from the beginning, though perhaps it's being looked down upon as cleaners by the residents which made them worse? Though the way they took every opportunity to better themselves and throw others to the wolves (err...zombies) made them absolute villains for me.

Yeah, I think the same. The last scene described the cleaners perfectly. They were consumed by greed, which started small and ended up in them thinking about killing someone to inherit everything. They only hired Andrew because he didn't want any pay (now we also know why), they sold water for horrendous amounts of money and when they had the opportunity, the tried to kill 601 to life his (and his mistress) life. The last scene with them wearing expensive clothes and accesoires were showcasing what kinds of human they were. 
They were driven by greed. They definitely were villains.  

• Like 3
15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I actually thought that it was more meaningful that SB chose to help SY's mother. SB is confident that a cure will be found and that she'll be able to protect YH until he gets the cure. SB is also unlike many of the other characters in this drama, including, TS in that it isn't just all about her and her own. SB has always been aware of others, and fought to treat even the infected as people.

So that SB is willing to sacrifice a chance to make YH better sooner so that SY can also have her mother was actually a touching moment for me, because it talks to the risks as well as the faith that she has in herself, in YH, and in the system even.

• Like 3

I actually thought that it was more meaningful that SB chose to help SY's mother. SB is confident that a cure will be found and that she'll be able to protect YH until he gets the cure. SB is also unlike many of the other characters in this drama, including, TS in that it isn't just all about her and her own. SB has always been aware of others, and fought to treat even the infected as people.

So that SB is willing to sacrifice a chance to make YH better sooner so that SY can also have her mother was actually a touching moment for me, because it talks to the risks as well as the faith that she has in herself, in YH, and in the system even.

Depends on which angle we're looking from. From the perspective of human nature, then yes, it is more meaningful that Sae Bom is shown being selfless giving the cure to Seo Yoon's mother. Especially since from the get-go, Sae Boom and Yi Hyun were designed to be the representatives of the good side of human nature while the residents were designed to show the dark side and/or multi-faceted possibilities of human nature, including the potential of them becoming worse or better.

By the way @stroppyse you said you're going to rewatch, please let me know what you think it means in episode 8 where the camera zoomed in on Andrew smiling (?) after Oh Joo Hyung gave his opinion about the cleaning couple wanting to move up to the level? It's around 3:43 onwards. It seems significant the camera gave him a close-up focus there but I can't figure out why he's reacting to what OJH said.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3

#2! 🤣🤣

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

11 Characters Who Got What They Deserved In The Final Episodes Of “Happiness”

Dec 15, 2021 by shalini

Happiness” has come to an end after a relatively brief but satisfying run. This drama set out to deliver a ride that was at times high-octane, and at other psychologically grueling, and succeeded on both fronts. It’s time to bid farewell to the residents of Seyang Forest Le Ciel Building 101 – both those we loved and those we wished were bitten. Here are the endings we found the most satisfying in the final episodes.

Warning: spoilers for episodes 11-12 below.

1. Oh Yeon Ok: Complete mental decline

Spoiler

bae-hae-sun.png

Oh Yeon Ok (Bae Hae Sun) has been steadily deteriorating since the murder of her husband and unknowingly teams up with the very guy that did it. Upon discovering that Andrew (Lee Joo Seung) was a serial killer wanted by the police, she and Oh Joo Hyeong (Baek Hyun Jin) team up to use Andrew to get rid of their common enemies: Yoon Sae Bom (Han Hyo Joo) and Jung Yi Hyun (Park Hyung Sik).

The plan? To have Andrew force the couple to turn on emergency power then kill them so that the rest of the residents (really just Joo Hyeong and Yeon Ok) can steal their food. She assumes that everyone else will just go along with this because they need the supplies.

bae-hae-sun2.png

When that fails, and everything falls apart, she goes completely insane, begging all whole will listen to vote for her as apartment representative. She attempts one last ditch effort to make Yi Hyun kill everyone for unknown reasons and just cackles away. The last we see of her and Joo Hyeong is in a courtroom, where she seems to have recovered some measure of composure or sanity. Hopefully, she can be cell block representative in jail.

2. Oh Joo Hyeong: Even the virus doesn’t want him

Spoiler

baek-hyun-jin.png

Woo Sang Hee (Moon Ye Won) finally locates Joo Hyeong’s banking passcode (tattooed on him?? And not even in a place he can see? The man’s an idiot). Unfortunately it’s in doctor script, so she whacks him unconscious and enlists a frightened Lawyer Kook’s (Park Hyoung Soo) help.

Realizing he’s been betrayed, Joo Hyeong swallows several of the Next pills upon gaining consciousness in an effort to get revenge. But even the virus doesn’t want him, and despite his best efforts, running around and biting Lawyer Ko, he isn’t infected. He hopes he is though and even keeps the injured cleaner couple around as a “boxed lunch” in the event that he turns. But the couple turns the tables on him, booting him out of his own home and dressing up in his valuables. Ha!

His last attempt at getting to Yi Hyun fails miserably as Sae Bom successfully emasculates him, hopefully permanently. Who knows what this man will get up to in jail, but one thing’s for sure: Joo Hyeong will always find a way to survive .

3. Lawyer Kook and Woo Sang Hee: You deserve each other

Spoiler

moon-ye-won.png

Lawyer Kook realizes too late that Sang Hee’s only true love is money. His callous disregard for Sae Bom’s and Yi Hyun’s lives and his complicity in getting Kim Jung Kook (Lee Joon Hyuk) shot disgusts his wife Shin So Yoon (Jung Woon Sun). She joins Sae Bom and Yi Hyun and leaves the building, ignoring his numerous texts and calls begging her to take him back.

He gives up and decides to go with Sang Hee and partake in Joo Hyeong’s money only to discover that their ill-gotten gains have been devalued overnight in a stock market crash. That’s the way the market tumbles, folks!

4. Andrew: A bite and a bullet

Spoiler

lee-joo-seung2.png

For the most dangerous villain in the show (next to the rich infected CEO who started all this), Andrew was quite underutilized. It would have been quite compelling to have this show take the form of a murder mystery in a locked-down apartment much sooner. But late is better than never, and Andrew manages to make himself dislikable enough that it’s a delight to watch Yi Hyun take him down.

First Yi Hyun fools him by going into an adjacent building and heading back to Building 101 via the connecting rooftop doors. And then there’s probably the best moment in the whole show in terms of sheer vengeance when Yi Hyun gives in and does what we all wished would happen.

lee-joo-seung.pngpark-hyung-sik.png

That he dies by Yi Hyun’s bullet, which felt a little unnecessary given the frankly epic scene above, but the show seemed to really want to have a near-death scare, which came at the expense of having Andrew leave with a whimper.

5. Han Tae Seok: Wriggles his way out of everything

Spoiler

ji-woo-jin1.png

Upon leaving the complex, Sae Bom discovers that martial law was lifted a while ago and that Tae Seok was simply keeping the apartment residents in a pressure cooker for reasons that are never explained to us. Why this apartment? Were other apartment buildings similarly closed off as well? This is one of those aspects of the world-building in this show that doesn’t really make sense. Tae Seok had Sae Bom and knew she had the antibodies. Keeping her in a dangerous environment compared to how safe it was outside makes no sense, especially for a smart character like him. But let’s go with it. After all, the mildly disgusted look he gave the walkie talkie when Yeon Ok started blabbing into it was pure gold.

jo-woo-jin3.png

Personality-wise, Tae Seok remains consistent. He was always prepared to sacrifice the world for his wife, and that doesn’t change. Sae Bom understands to some extent because she would do the same for Yi Hyun. He injects his wife with the second to last batch of the cure, and Sae Bom injects Seo Yoon’s mother with the last of the cure, regardless of what happens to the rest of the world. Characters who would doom the world if it meant saving the people they love have always been framed as villains. However, “Happiness” flips that to posit them as people merely preserving those precious to them and that it’s nothing wrong to do so. Go enjoy your happy ending, Tae Seok.

jo-woo-jin2.png

6. Na Hyun Kyung and Na Soo Min: A well-deserved rescue

Spoiler

park-hee-bon.png

Na Hyun Kyung (Park Hee Bon) was one of the few residents objecting to Yeon Ok and Joo Hyeong’s plan of using Andrew, and she always died for it too. She has always been one of the kindest residents, offering food to everyone. So it makes sense that she wouldn’t shun Yi Hyun especially since he and Sae Bom were kind to her and her infected brother.

It’s nice to see that of all the people our couple was kind to, there are some who are willing to return the favor. And if there’s anyone who would have done it, it’s Hyun Kyung, so that’s a win for consistent storytelling. And the best part? Her brother apparently has antibodies!

7. Lieutenant Lee Ji Soo: Hopefully a promotion

Spoiler

park-joo-hee.png

Lee Ji Soo (Park Joo Hee) is officially adorable. Not only does she not turn Sae Bom in, but she even willingly gets punched in the face to make it look realistic. She goes as far as to lie to her superior that Sae Bom is attempting to flee the country, much to Tae Seok’s amusement. Someone give her a promotion! It’s not certain as to what happens to her after all this, but hopefully she has gotten her own slice of happiness.

8. Sae Bom and Yi Hyun: Newlywed bliss!

Spoiler

park-hyung-sik-han-hyo-joo.png

What’s so touching about Sae Bom and Yi Hyun’s love story has to be how quiet it is. It’s very slow-burn, and frankly, hopefully more dramas decide to attempt something like this because it’s lovely and far more powerful for not throwing the spotlight on it.

Sae Bom finally finds that Yi Hyun has been infected but immediately refuses to let Yi Hyun go. She’s adamant that she’ll be able to save him with her antibodies. When he physically locks himself away from her on that rooftop so as to hold off Andrew, the physical pain on her face is so well done. As is her despair upon finding herself away from their home, he curls up on the couch below their first picture together and thinks of her. Sae Bom hasn’t cried once no matter what Building 101’s residents have hurled at her, so it’s painful to witness her weeping at the thought that her husband could be gone.

Even Tae Seok who thought that this was a contract marriage is surprised but immediately understands how she must feel. Rather than fear Yi Hyun when he’s turned, she comforts him until he slowly switches back. (Does this indicate that people not only have control over giving into blood lust but when they turn back? The mechanics of this virus could have been clearer). It’s just so sweet because he clearly doesn’t expect just how much she’ll fight for him (come on, Yi Hyun, she’d burn anyone standing between you two!), and this is one very well-deserved kiss.

park-hyung-sik-han-hyo-joo1.gif

333f57814a50015dc3c406001b9c7546a8a9b249

park-hyung-sik5.gif

It’s a little disappointing that the show felt the need to waste a good few minutes giving us a near-death fake-out with Yi Hyun when that time could have been used to give us a more complete ending, but regardless, Yi Hyun is alive and well. Lee Seung Yong (Lee Kyu Hyung), Jung Kook, and Seo Yoon are all wonderfully happy as they deserve to be.

And thus, “Happiness” ends. This show was pretty satisfying and did what it set out to do: depicting the best and worst of human nature using the apartment residents and their high-pressure situation. It didn’t always tell it in a way that made sense or was easy to watch, but the characters were easy to root for, and the writing (especially in the last few episodes) was quite tight. Park Hyung Sik and Han Hyo Joo were fantastic together, and the easy progression of their relationship felt organic.

park-hyung-sik-han-hyo-joo2.gif

park-hyung-sik-han-hyo-joo3.gif

The show’s overall message seems to be that we’re all fighting for our sliver of happiness in a world that doesn’t always make sense. For Yi Hyun and Sae Bom, that was each other. For Oh Yeon Ok and Woo Sang Hee, it was prestige and money. For Joo Hyeong…well, who even knows what goes through his head…he just wants chaos. In the end, the show posited that some happinesses are more rewarding than others and that the best parts of human nature will always find a way to triumph. And that is always comforting to hear.

park-hyung-sik-han-hyo-joo41.gif

Source

• Like 3
  • Party! 1
On 12/11/2021 at 8:02 AM, abs-oluteM said:

So a cure was found! And life resumed

Sae-Bom Yoon and Yi-Hyeon Jeong held hands and walked through the apartment where peace was restored. When Yoon Sae-bom asked, "Are you happy?", Jeong Yi-hyun showed affection by saying, "Of course , if I am with you."

SB and YH's conversation as they were walking off together was even cuter. SB asks YH "Are you happy?" YH answers "Of course, when I'm with you." then he continues "But otherwise, not so much." to which SB says "Liar".

On 12/11/2021 at 8:37 PM, Chocolate said:

Edit: One good thing I would say is that I may go back to watch W 2 Worlds. I dropped it earlier because the 2 leads didn’t really appeal - but after seeing Han Hyo Joo here, I would try again.

W2 was really, really good. I'm surprised you didn't like the start, because I felt that was the strongest part as it built the 2 parallel worlds. The ending of that drama was unfortunately disappointing. The writer did such a good job of building the worlds and the characters including creating a scary, unnerving villain, but then didn't seem to know how to actually end the drama. However, I thought that Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo had loads of chemistry together.

On 12/12/2021 at 4:04 AM, Dhakra said:

I'M just wondering if her antibodies were used to heal him. So she would be his lifesaver again. 

No, the last dose of antibodies made from SB's blood was given to Seo Young's mother. YH would have had to wait for a fresh batch made from the writer's brother's (or another person's) blood.

On 12/12/2021 at 4:16 AM, mademoiselle said:

Bahahahahaha I doubt the others will welcome more episodes when they are already getting tired of the annoying residents 😂

I wouldn't have minded one more epilogue episode where we get to see more of everyone's fates post-time jump.

• Like 4
On 12/15/2021 at 11:35 AM, Chocolate said:

8. Sae Bom and Yi Hyun: Newlywed bliss!

Still the cutest still I have ever seen in a drama. Han Hyo-Joo cute facial expression melts me everytime. :pandablush:

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

No, the last dose of antibodies made from SB's blood was given to Seo Young's mother. YH would have had to wait for a fresh batch made from the writer's brother's (or another person's) blood.

Ahhh come on stroppstropp, show a little bit more fantasy. Maybe after reuniting YH said nah, I want the real stuff, and waited until SB was able to squeeze out a few more antibodies. Maybe she had some goodie afterbodies left in her left pinky finger and they just found them after she came back. 

A litte more romantical imagination!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2