Happiness 해피니스 [2021]

2 hours ago, JenL said:

I agree that the residents are totally annoying. But I also kind of enjoy it to be honest because I think this is reflective of the real world - when covid broke out I remember some really selfish people who just wanted to party or go restaurants. That was their reason not to go into a lockdown or wear masks. I think watching these types of characters is a good reminder not to be these types of characters when things go wrong - some people in society need reminders and you can only give it to them via popular culture :lol:

Also, if all the characters were likeable, I'd feel really bad for them if they got attacked by zombies. But in this case, since I don't like them, I feel less stressed since I only need to worry for the main characters and not the additional 15 people... :laugh: Most zombie films have a group of annoying people. When I watched The Walking Dead, there was always a few charatcers that I was like...these ones can be zombie food :smile:

Oh I understand that many people are despicable IRL. I just wish there weren't just so many in the show that the story revolved on. Basically 95% of the residents are disgusting excuse of a human being and it's just so annoying to watch. 

2 hours ago, JenL said:

I'm not a lover of time jumps, but I wouldn't mind if this is to show time passing after this incident. I don't know about getting a new apartment though- Sae Bom really seemed to struggle to get this one. Unless someone rewards her for being an antibody provider? :lol:

From what I saw in the spoiler, they are staying in the same apartment and apartment complex. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
8 minutes ago, YourHighness said:

Basically 95% of the residents are disgusting excuse of a human being and it's just so annoying to watch. 

Hahaha and that's why they make perfect zombie food :lol: Maybe it'll happen in the last 2 episodes? :smile:

9 minutes ago, YourHighness said:

From what I saw in the spoiler, they are staying in the same apartment and apartment complex. 

How realistic that she would keep that aprtment even after the zombie apocalypse  :MewHi: Housing is probably super expensive in Korea. I sometimes watch episodes of that variety show which takes you to actor's homes called 'I live alone' ...and damn, even though some of those side actors are becoming more popular, the apartments they live in are tiiiiny. It's probably not till you're an A lister that you're living in a penthouse...but I guess I still wasn't expecting their apartments to be shoeboxes.

• Like 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I am happy this drama is ending this week. Unless they want to show more of Hyun & Bom's fake marriage becomes real, it's been a pain watching how the residents just got worse and worse. This drama really highlights how selfish & self-centered humans can be, and sometimes it feels like art imitating life. 

New stills - though I think we've pretty much suspected that something is amiss with Andrew, I did like how his arc was used in the last couple of episodes

news_1639107618_1061803_m_1.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

30 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am happy this drama is ending this week.

I'm happy it's ending for a different reason - there are currently too many dramas which I'm deeply invested in :laugh: I need things to be at a slower pace :psweatduck: 

But I'm really going to miss Sae Bom and Yi Hyun. Or should I say the chemistry between Park Hyung sik and Han Hyo Joo :BulbaOWO:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenLI know what you mean. Am as always biting off more than what I can chew where it comes to drama watching. 

This was karma....I will recap in a bit...but I felt happy seeing this :LaxEat:

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am happy this drama is ending this week. Unless they want to show more of Hyun & Bom's fake marriage becomes real, it's been a pain watching how the residents just got worse and worse. This drama really highlights how selfish & self-centered humans can be, and sometimes it feels like art imitating life. 

Same, as much as I love the OTP, the other residents in the building become more and more annyoing and stressful to deal with. I'm at a point where I wouldn't care if they all turn to zombies and TS deals with them in a driveby. 

1 minute ago, stroppyse said:

This was SB's confession!

Oh hell yeah! Today is gonna be guuud!

• Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 1

A quick summary of ep 11

Kim Jung-guk (Lee Jun-hyeok), who was shot by Andrew, was on the verge of death. Bom and Hyun  were asked to turn  on the emergency generator since Kim Jung-guk and Seo-yoon were in a dangerous situation, and so the two went down to the dangerous basement.

Then, Oh Yeon-ok told Andrew, “Andrew, you worked hard. When the lockdown is lifted, Andrew, will you leave immediately? Everything that happened here was the work of Mr. Andrew. We will say we didn't know anything." Andrew nodded. Andrew said that he would kill Saebom and Lee Hyun if they came up. 

Meanwhile, Sae Bom, who turned on the emergency generator and climbed into the elevator, said, “Can we go out after saving people? What should I do if Han Tae-seok (Jo Woo-jin) doesn't accept it?" and Lee Hyun said, "Saebom there are  antibodies in you," explaining why Han Tae-seok came to this apartment.

At this time, people with madness flocked to the elevator, and Lee Hyun blocked the people with his whole body to save Saebom. At this time, Lee Hyun's shirt was torn, revealing the wounds Lee Hyun was hiding. (Lee Hyun had hidden the wounds he had obtained while suppressing those suffering from madness from Saebom.)

Lee Hyun replied, “I’m sorry. I couldn't tell you . I'm sorry I didn't keep my promise. I always wanted to show you a good side.” Saebom drew closer to Lee Hyun. Lee Hyun said, “Don’t come near me. When I see you, my heart races and I am thirsty.”  She confessed " It's the same for me. Because I like you." She hugged him and cried. Saebom said, “You will definitely get better. You will definitely do that,” she said. 

On this day, Saebom and Lee Hyun tried to escape with the apartment people. But Lee Hyun said, "I'm blocking them for you, so go quickly. I'm sorry I couldn't come with you," he said and locked himself up on the roof where serial killer Andrew was. To Sae-bo,  he said, "I'm sorry I couldn't go with you. Bom-ah, I was really happy to be with you.” He said, “Go quickly. Never give up,” he added. 

Lee Hyun was with Andrew on the roof. Andrew said, "Look in my eyes," and went out to kill him. However, looking back, Lee Hyun appeared to have been infected with madness. He attacked Andrew and bit his neck, drawing attention with his terrifying appearance. 

Saebom escaped safely with the injured Kim Jeong-guk and Seo-yoon and met Han Tae-seok. Saebom said, “Give me a gun. I will go get Hyun.” But Han Tae-seok gave Sae-bom an injection and she was sedated . Han Tae-seok was standing in front of Saebom, who woke up after losing her consciousness. Sae-bom said, "If I lose Hyun , I might really collapse." Han Tae-seok showed Saebom the room where his wife was hospitalized.

Hearing that he needs more of Saebom's plasma to make his heal his wife , Saebom tried to deal with it, saying, "I'll give you plasma or anything, so I can go home." Then, Saebom swallowed tears and cried alone while watching the video of her confession of love recorded on Jeong Yi-hyun's phone. Attention is focused on whether Saebom can return to her apartment and rescue Lee Hyun. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Is it only me that feels like we get a Train to Busan vibe from this drama? Especially now that Yihyun can turn too.

Sigh....... Human are scarier than the monster outside. Which has been proven true time and times again... but I think people like Yihyun and sae bom will also be there too, which proves that not everyone is bad. We all have good and bad inside of us.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Despite asking for a spoiler for leaked ending, I stopped reading this thread as soon as the post is about what is happening today 😆 I still want to get that jumpy scary feeling from the drama, and the jaw-dropping eye-rolling satisfaction on what else those annoying residents can come up with... Hahhaaa...

I am also very glad this drama is ending this week. Sad that we don’t get to see SaeHyun anymore, but so glad not to see those annoying neighbors anymore. And of course the other reason is I have too many dramas for the weekend!! 6 dramas!!! 😱 But the good news is, 3 are ending this weekend... woohoo!!! 🥳 Never been so glad to be “freed” from dramas 🤣 although all are dramas I enjoyed. There are other new dramas I need to watch! 😆😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

So, finally, second to last episode. Let's see how they prepare for the great finale. The dinner is about to be served, let's see what the appetizer is holding for us. 

Episode 11

• It's so funny how the episode starts with everyone of the resident scum saying they didn't know that this was going to happen. They all try to wash their hands in innocence. Gosh I despite them all so much. As zombies they would at least shut up. 
  • Andrew stabbed JG multiple times, but they only treat one wound. Well....guess that seems to be enough. But if it saves his life, I am okay with it. But normally he should be superdead. 
  • While 601 is talking in the gym, I really can't decide which of the three is more scum. He, Andrew or the 1201 ahjumma. They planned this with so much evil energy, 1201 really is willing to kill people, just for her to get the position as resident representative. They are all so bad people, I am almost speechless. 
  • So sad to see 1501 with blood all over his face and body, tied to the chair. He was a good guy, but in the end what he tried to avoid the most did actually kill him. People. 
  • So Yoon, the lawyer's wife, is such a gem. She was so shocked to see how her husband changed and what he did. She saw the evil things he did and it didn't even include the things he did with the mistress. 
    I was so happy she took care of Seo Yoon immediately when she asked to stay with her. So Yoon is the hidden MVP and probably the only normal person among the residents. She is a great person. 
  • Sae Bom's shocked face when YH rushed out to hold them back and her seeing his scratch.   :scaredpanda2: It looked like she wanted to cry right away.
  • She confessed :pandasipsip:Hooraaaaay!:pandaxmas: @mademoiselleWe officially have a confession of her and she even tells him she likes him. We did a big step today. :pandaxmas:Such a sweet and emotional scene. Her tears, her desperation, her clinging onto him. That's love! That's pure love. We have a big, big hug with force. We have to add this to the list!
  • Huh, mistress finally doing something for humanity. HOOOOORAY! :pandapray:
  • So Yoon removing the batteries from the door and spitting fire on him, telling him she is sick of his attitude and lies. Gosh, she is amazing. I was actually hoping SB would just knock him out. 
    "I saw the absolutely worst in you, we're over" and throwing her wedding ring in front of him WAS SUCH A POWER MOVE :pandablush: She really is the MVP of this episode. I'm so glad she went with them. 
  • So Andrew shot YH, he is locking the door from outside and Andrew waits patiently while SB & YH finished their door talk? What is this? A video game where the cutscene has to finish first before both can attack each other? :laugh:
  • So YH finally turns and kills Andrew. Somewhat satisfying to see him in his "zombie-form". His zombie state will probably safe his life aswell in the next episode. We already saw that you can overcome or delay death while being a zombie. 
  • Lawyer guy finally realized his woman-choice wasn't the best. His new gf is a killer now. CONGRATULATIONS. :pandaxmas: You lost a perfect wife and got yourself a crazy killer mistress. You better never forget to take out the trash. Yourself included. 
  • @mademoiselleWe also need to include the confession Sae Bom makes in front of TS about Yi-Hyun. She said she would crumble without him. :pandasadspoon: She's so in love with him. 
  • YH video message. Gosh, who is cutting onions so late at night? How can Sae Bom's heart not break into a thousand pieces? JG saying he is madly in love didn't help either. Seo Yoon happy smiles also. 
    Nothing will stop SB to get YH, she will be a one woman army. If 1201 or anyone will cross her path, they better pray. 

Gosh, what an ending. I wasn't expecting it to be so emotional. But the stage is settled, the main dinner tomorrow is ready. We have an amazing last episode ahead of us. This will be fantastic!

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Episode 11

For the first time I couldn't wait so I watched it live last night, and just finished watching it with subtitles. Sometimes I lose interest in the episode when I've watched it live but not this one. I was still very much engaged and tune in to find out the important bits and every dialogues.

I especially love the elevator scene where without a second doubt Yi Hyun threw himself towards the zombies to protect Sae Bom at all cost. I also love that tortured, pained look when he pushes Sae Bom away, as well as weakly begging her not to come too close. Love how the light flickers and Sae Bom moves a step closer towards Yi Hyun. And yes @Dhakra the confessions! Not one but 3! They indirectly confirm they meant the world to each other. :wow: It's fluttering my heart so much!

Saw a post last night that mentioned at least zombies wouldn't attack their own whereas humans turn on themselves. In the finale preview, there was a dialogue from Yi Hyun calling the residents the monsters, not the infected. It's so true. In a way I can't help but think it's in our nature when survival confront us.

I thought they were getting a bit too greedy since it hadn't been more than a couple of days that they had their food distributed from U1501's stock. Perhaps fueled by the insecurities and fear of running out of food and not liking Happiness couple limiting the food distribution that cause them to retaliate.

Next episode shows the residents are turning against each other. Andrew took out the cleaning guy so no need to worry about him. The mistress took down Oh Joo Hyung. Zombie Oh Joo Hyung bites Lawyer. Apartment representative lady gone nutter. The only two sane one is the U401 siblings, I hope they stay ok. It's curious the writer has kept U301 old couple hidden away. Will they play an important role in the end? Their son's life & death situation is unknown at the moment too.

Anyway, argh. I was already wondering if Yi Hyun bit Andrew to death and the preview confirmed Andrew is alive—which can only mean there will still be showdown between zombie Andrew vs Happiness couple!

As for Oh Joo Hyung, he took Next but I really don't think he would be able to turn into a zombie that quick with just one Next pill! I hope he dies a human because he's already a monster without having to be one.

I'm so glad Yi Hyun figures out Han Tae Seok's obsession on Sae Bom had to be motivated by something else, and Han Tae Seok no longer conceal his wife is an infectee to Sae Bom anymore. However I'm not liking what their conversation revealed. He needs Sae Bom's plasma for his wife and Sae Bom wants to go back to save Yi Hyun. There's still no cure! I was hoping Sae Bom would go back to save Yi Hyun with a cure (or now I hope a dose of her own plasma too to suppress the symptoms).

And OMG, what's that bit in the preview about Sae Bom's antibody counts are falling?!!! I know we're getting a happy ending so don't try to trick me, Show!

EDIT: I forgot to mention I was feeling a bit emotional for the scene where Yi Hyun tells Andrew how he met Sae Bom and fell in love with her and how their last goodbye is also on a clear day like this. :pandasadspoon:

EDIT 2: Another point I forget. I was a bit spooked by the zombie who slides himself across the side window when the U301's son was in the car. Anyone feels the same for this scene?

EDIT 3: Andrew shot Yi Hyun's leg!!! The guy's leg is already stuffed now another one too? Hopefully the zombie virus will heal it.

Happiness Couple's Progress:

Episode 1 - Marriage proposal

Episode 2 - Moving in + sleep together in same room

Episode 3 - Glad to see you hug

Episode 4 - Hand holding

Episode 5 - Comfort/thank you hug

Episode 6 - Giving her his jacket (anything else?)

Episode 7 - Feed each other + hand holding

Episode 8 - Rooftop confession + stare + near kiss

Episode 9 - Treating wound/care/feeling forehead + hand holding

Episode 10 - Taking care/worries of Yi Hyun

Episode 11 - Hug + face caressing + confessions by Yi Hyun (1) vs Sae Bom (2)

On 12/11/2021 at 11:47 AM, Dhakra said:

"I saw the absolutely worst in you, we're over" and throwing her wedding ring in front of him WAS SUCH A POWER MOVE :pandablush: She really is the MVP of this episode. I'm so glad she went with them. 

I honestly think she should keep the ring. Who knows outside she still need some money and she could sell the ring. xDDD A girl gotta be practical.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Clapping Hands 4
  • Party! 2
3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

There's still no cure! I was hoping Sae Bom would go back to save Yi Hyun with a cure (or now I hope a dose of her own plasma too to suppress the symptoms).

And OMG, what's that bit in the preview about Sae Bom's antibody counts are falling?!!! I know we're getting a happy ending so don't try to trick me, Show!

Just saying, there still is the possibility of my cheesy ending where a magical kiss will cure him :lenny:  

3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

. And yes @Dhakra the confessions! Not one but 3! They indirectly confirm they meant the world to each other. :wow: It's fluttering my heart so much!

Yaaaaaay! :pandaxmas: So much progress

5 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Episdeo 10

Are you drunk chingu? :laugh:

• Haha 5
37 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

So Andrew shot YH, he is locking the door from outside and Andrew waits patiently while SB & YH finished their door talk? What is this? A video game where the cutscene has to finish first before both can attack each other?

Bahahahahaha I thought the same too. How Andrew just stay where he is after the grenade exploded for Yi Hyun to touch Sae Bom face telling her he isn't going and lock the door :lol:

BTW, what lousy grenade is that??? Just a bunch of smoke!

3 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

Just saying, there still is the possibility of my cheesy ending where a magical kiss will cure him

Errr...from the spoiler leaked... I do think Yi Hyun will control himself not turning when he sees Sae Bom. Doubt the kiss will cure him (Ya! We're not watching Disney here) but definitely the kiss most likely will turn him from Beast back to Prince (like Beauty & The Beast) :laugh:

5 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

Are you drunk chingu?

LOL don't pick on my typo. Fixed now. OCD doesn't allow it...

• Haha 6
6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Bahahahahaha I thought the same too. How Andrew just stay where he is after the grenade exploded for Yi Hyun to touch Sae Bom face telling her he isn't going and lock the door :lol:

:laugh: I was like. What does Andrew do in the meantime they were talking?

"Oh, Yi Hyun is still outside...nice....I should sho--....oh..... he seems to be talking to Sae Bom....I think I should let him finish first and wait patiently right here. Must be important. Would be so rude to interrupt them now.......sigh..... great weather today.....should have bring my glasses with me.....so sunny....not good for my skin....can't see properly aswell....oh it seems he's finished....I think I can finally shoot now."

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

BTW, what lousy grenade is that??? Just a bunch of smoke!

I was thinking the same! What was that supposed to be? Is it a flashbang or a smoke grenade? If it's a smoke he can just shoot. If it was a flashbang.....then why is there so much smoke? Flashbangs do create a little but of smoke, but that was way too much. 

• Haha 5

618c370a2d204241cc21185cdcbae701db7f285d

094db0b214fff3bac4c3b22f1aeb00a1dae9327d450fc11c797f6206bda7df6d60469a031ac97572

Spoiler

8813d0335766894b0b4b4632fd15b6f0cb7e03026ec3c102613d89efda1a0a5e264cb72cfce34ce2b6dd91a9a1408a83b63da976c3ab63f7c09ae437ec221a430aa3ca9f18e684fa0cbc9049b74e9e12ea997bcd7c3bedf3c0cd3e541b508ab4cd3212545a53b346338ac71bc65a598e263c5b71bb0dbf5f6898d251a370c06f05e74bdec5a1f46030e3922b

source: dingyuxi

9 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

What does Andrew do in the meantime they were talking?

Maybe it's tear gas? :laugh: So he's wiping his eyes whilst the couple talk.

Seriously though if it's teargas and I'm Yi Hyun, when I go out I'd punch Han Tae Seok... how these lousy 3 grenades supposed to save their lives? Tsk. :PikachuFacePalm:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Also, something I want to add, am I the only one who was actually surprised that cleaning guy succeeded with his very poor attempt to hit Andrew with a simple wooden stick? 

When he attacked Andrew I was like, oh boy, in no world this is gonna wo... what? That was easy... 

He actually surprised him and hit? What kind of amateur murder is Andrew that he can be attacked so easily? 

If it's that easy, YH or Sae Bom would be able to overwhelm him with a finger. 

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Seriously though if it's teargas and I'm Yi Hyun, when I go out I'd punch Han Tae Seok... how these lousy 3 grenades supposed to save their lives? Tsk. :PikachuFacePalm:

I was also expecting some kind of follow up after the grenade. 

You flashed / smoked / made him cry, so in any way he is temporary disabled, so run towards him and overwhelm him. 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
9 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Also, something I want to add, am I the only one who was actually surprised that cleaning guy succeeded with his very poor attempt to hit Andrew with a simple wooden stick? 

When he attacked Andrew I was like, oh boy, in no world this is gonna wo... what? That was easy... 

He actually surprised him and hit? What kind of amateur murder is Andrew that he can be attacked so easily?

No you're not the only one. I'd think Andrew would be more alert. On the other hand, I didn't think the cleaning guy had the gall to do it so in that sense I was surprised, and perhaps Andrew too didn't expect it. It's just executed badly for that scene I reckon.

9 hours ago, Dhakra said:

I was also expecting some kind of follow up after the grenade. 

You flashed / smoked / made him cry, so in any way he is temporary disabled, so run towards him and overwhelm him. 

I was thinking more on the line of how will these lousy grenade stops the zombies. :idk:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4