Happiness 해피니스 [2021]

Baahahhh the opening scene when he went to look for her at the penthouse

Thank god this girl is smart...she didn't open the door fully like most adults will haahah

I love that they are both so quick . PHS looks positively awesome running like this

• Like 5
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I knew it!! Haha...

Thank god this girl is smart...she didn't open the door fully like most adults will haaha

And thank god the zombies do not have super powers to break down the door.

I love that they are both so quick . PHS looks positively awesome running like this

The new Mr and Mrs Smith? I really love that they're so in sync with each other. They complement each other very well.

• Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama the drama keeps teasing us with all the  romantic gestures in spite them being a fake couple . As far as I’m concerned, they are already married in their hearts. 

I saw @Lynne share this 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

44 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh my god that's so funny! 

44 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Damn, I can't wait to finally watch todays episode. This looks awesome. They are both so quick and relentless. 

23 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

the drama keeps teasing us with all the  romantic gestures in spite them being a fake couple . As far as I’m concerned, they are already married in their hearts.

I'm sure they soon will be a real, real couple. He puts so much effort into saving her over and over again and she cares for him all the time. They compliment each other perfectly. 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

Episode 7

• Holy smokes, 1501 apartment. With his reserves he could stay in his room for years, he could easily provide food and stuff for the whole apartment. (Only the good people ofc). He really stockpiled everything. His apartment is a bunker. 
    And his living room? Excuse me? All the fancy interior with masks and stuff? It's a palace. His apartment really looks like he has tons of money. He is one rich kid. Compared to this 1201 looks like homeless shelter. 
  • Gosh even the door of his apartment looks amazing. 1501....The Penthouse. 
  • The way SB ate the nuts was priceless. So awkward. He can be so glad SB played along and even put her head on his shoulder. 
  • Seo Yoon is such a smart kid. 
  • I really thought 401 writer ahjumma was smarter than this. It was so obvious that releasing him would backfire. 
  • YH & SB Tag Team is awesome. Their zombie fight was incredible! I need more of this!
  • Being a zombie can't be good for your spine. All this bending must do bad stuff to it. 
  • How ruthless TS is. He killed gym guy without raising an eye brow.
  • Again, Seo Yoon is so smart, she knew right away something is wrong after he began to talk about SB. She has a very good sense to not trust certain people. 
  • That semi-ahole really shot the door open to get YH bitten, I mean he helper her at the end and shot the zombie, but holy, he really is desperate to find a cure. He even will sacrifice SB to achieve this. 
  • Remember when I said I felt satisfied and loved it when SB kicked 601? 
    That's nothing againt the satisfaction of YH punching TS. THAT felt awesome. Totally deserved. YH really does anything to protect SB. 
  • Is TS aware that he could have avoided all of this if he just asked SB to get tested from the start? I mean, SB even asked if they need a blood sample of her and if that's the reason why he is here. He could have just said yes, you may have an anti-body in you, could you please come with me and get tested? 
    So much easier!
  • But let's be real. The way YH saved SB was legen....wait for it......dary! :pandacool:
  • So did give TS weapons to YH? Must have been funny for SB to see that YH is one man army now.
  • So Seo Yoon's parents are both infected. That's a bummer. 
  • Please no love line between supermarket girl and 302 selfish broadcast jerk. 
  • YH grabbing the hand of SB was so cute. We will get a real couple soon. I know it!

Great episode as always. Looking foward to episode 8 tomorrow

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

Episode 8 Pre-release cut

They were talking about the first day they met again and Sae Bom asked Hyun what he relied on since some people relied on their beliefs in faith to get past hardships and Hyun told her, "It's you". And the rest... watch yourselves. So much teasing, tvN.

I really wished Han Tae Seok would be honest with Hyun why he does what he did and his desperation. But I truly believe when he said he'll wait for Hyun to expose him when that day comes. I get that he is repenting and is allowing himself to be misunderstood and hated as a mean in punishing himself (for being the person introducing Next to the market in the first place), for letting his wife and unborn child become infected and etc., and I guess on an emotional level he needed to toughen up and not receive excessive/extra comfort otherwise he might break down first.

Interesting that Sae Bom was drugged and recovered so quickly from it. She has the virus in her and even though it's not turning her into zombie but it makes her resilient. Not sure if this is good or bad in the long run. It's also concerning that Sae Bom and Hyun had the the talk of if they were infected what they would do... because I think I know the answer to that. In order not to hurt each other, it's likely they would lock themselves away far from one another.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Next episode looks so exciting!!! 

Urgh, but why did TS has to shoot dead the gym guy? He should still be able to be cured? maybe? I know that they opened him up later, but don't they have other more serious patients they can open up instead of shooting him dead? Poor guy.

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

img.gif

source: SOD

:pandalove: Awww they fed each other. Progressing so well.

Episode 1 - Marriage proposal

Episode 2 - Moving in + sleep together in same room

Episode 3 - Glad to see you hug

Episode 4 - Hand holding

Episode 5 - Comfort/thank you hug

Episode 6 - Giving her his jacket (anything else?)

Episode 7 - Feed each other + hand holding

The deleted scene is also a PPL scene :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Park Hyung Sik And Han Hyo Joo Try To Hunt For Peace In The Midst Of Being Surrounded By Troublemakers In “Happiness”

happiness-47.jpg

Happiness” has shared new stills from the upcoming episode!

“Happiness” is an apocalyptic urban thriller set in the near future inside an apartment building that is stratified by social standing. The high-rise apartment is sealed off when a new infectious disease emerges, and the drama depicts the fear, psychological battles, and desperate struggles for survival that ensue.

Han Hyo Joo stars in the drama as Yoon Sae Bom, a tactical agent in the Seoul Police Special Operations Unit, while Park Hyung Sik stars as detective Jung Yi Hyun, her former high school classmate who has feelings for her.

Spoilers

On the previous episode, tension escalated with infected patients invading the building and people going missing. Han Tae Suk (Jo Woo Jin), who had no other choice, visited Yoon Sae Bom at the quarantined apartment because she had the antibody necessary for the development of treatment. In return for getting tested, she requested he provide food and weapons. The episode ended with the someone opening the door of apartment 101 and allowing an infected patient to enter.

A new glimpse of the upcoming episode shows that things aren’t going to get any better. In one photo, Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun are confronting Oh Joo Hyung (Baek Hyun Jin) with the problematic medication Next. He backs up to avoid them, but he has nowhere else to hide. Oh Joo Hyung was previously seen extracting the pill ingredients and diluting them into drinks. What is Oh Joo Hyung trying to achieve with Next, and what kind of events will his risky experiment call forth?

happiness-53.jpg

Spoiler

happiness-210.jpg

The atmosphere in the following photos are also unusual. Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun head outside, and the silence further heightens the sense of crisis. The apartment cleaner (Nam Mi Jung) gets surprised by something, and Yoon Sae Bom closely examines an object the woman gives her. The trace of someone wiping their blood hints that someone infected is lurking in apartment 101.

happiness-111.jpg

Spoiler

happiness-62.jpghappiness-38.jpg

The production team hinted, “Survival in a situation with a declaration of martial law and no water and electricity will become increasingly catastrophic. People who have become sensitive due to anxiety will suspect trivial things, which will gradually lead to strong collisions. With the promised four days approaching, please wait and see if daily recovery will be possible or a bigger crisis will strike.”

Episode 8 of “Happiness” will air on November 27 at 10:40 p.m. KST.

source

• Like 5

What really baffled me was why Tae Sok went to so much trouble to get Sae Bom's blood. If he had just talked to her I am sure she would have been pretty cooperative to give her blood for testing. 

Anyway, the heart of this show and the emotional link I have with it lies in the so called fake marriage between Sae Bom and Hyun. For a fake couple I feel they understand and read each other better than many married couples . Their team work has kept them and most of the residents safe so far. I will riot if anything happens to them at the end of this. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Except that it's a penthouse. Too easy to be attacked and destroyed... :laugh: 

I am sure he has enough defensive tools and weapons to defend himself. 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

What really baffled me was why Tae Sok went to so much trouble to get Sae Bom's blood. If he had just talked to her I am sure she would have been pretty cooperative to give her blood for testing. 

Yeah, he could have just asked her. Like I said, SB even asked him if his visit is to get another sample and testing of her blood. I can only imagine that he was inititally planning to do run some tests on her or get her infected in a more.....scientific area. The only reason for him to abduct her was to do testing with her and probably ruining her life to get a cure. 

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I really wished Han Tae Seok would be honest with Hyun why he does what he did and his desperation

I was about to almost kill and abduct your love of your life to save my love of my life? :laugh: I don't think that would particular get towards YH. They are very similiar, both have very, very high protective insticts to save the girl they love, but I don't think they would have a lot of sympathy for the other.

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

I was about to almost kill and abduct your love of your life to save my love of my life?

Not just this but everything he had been doing. It'd be self-explanatory if he'd come clean that his wife with a baby was also infected. Yi Hyun may not sympathesize him fully however there is at least a better understanding of the actions or choices Tae Seok takes/makes.

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think initially he was planning to let a zombie bite her, speed up the process of infection and see how her body reacts but it seems he changed his mind at the last minute.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 2
57 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

I am sure he has enough defensive tools and weapons to defend himself. 

That’s not what I meant... Maybe I’ve watched too many doomsday films, but penthouse is really not a safe place to be. Fire, flying missiles can easily forced you to go out of that place. The safest is still underground. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

55 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

A scary thought is how valuable SB is. TS is right to keep the fact that she seems to be immune secret. Imagine if evil and greedy people find out about it, they would definitely capture her to try to find a cure.

Or even worse, prevent to find a cure. I'm sure some would also try to hunt her. There are always people who try to benefit from catastrophes and want to see the world burn.

35 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

That’s not what I meant... Maybe I’ve watched too many doomsday films, but penthouse is really not a safe place to be. Fire, flying missiles can easily forced you to go out of that place. The safest is still underground. 

Okay, that's true of course. But I doubt all the rich people would move down and build their penthouses in the basement. :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Ep 8 summary recaps

Lee Jun-hyeok was deceived by Bae Hae-seon's epilepsy and aimed his guns at Han Hyo-joo and Park Hyung-sik.

On this day, Yoon Sae-bom and Jeong Yi-hyun received blood-stained towels from the apartment cleaner (Nam Mi-jeong). Jeong Yi-hyeon suspected Na Hyun-kyung (Park Hee-bon), but Na Hyun-kyung strongly denied it.

At this, Jeong Yi-hyun asked, "Where is your brother, Na Su-min (Na Cheol)?"

Jeong Yi-hyun and Kim Jung-guk set out to find the infected person in the apartment. Kim Jung-guk said, "I can go out in two days, so let's not get excited for nothing." "My wife is very sick," he said.

Yoon Sae-bom and Jeong Yi-hyun found Na Hyun-kyung walking back and forth in Room 1102. In the end, Na Hyun-kyung said, "My brother (Na Su Min) lives in room 1102." Jeong Yi-hyun asked him, "Did you eat lunch on the first basement floor?" Na Su-min said, "The doctor man on the 6th floor gave me a lunch box," and "I knew I had that disease."

Yoon Sae-bom asked, "What did Oh Joo-hyung (Baek Hyun-jin) say?" Na Su-min replied, "I was asked to enter the apartment, but I declined." He continued, "I was afraid to enter the apartment. I was afraid of biting people."

On the day when martial law was lifted, apartment residents gathered at the gym. Oh Joo-hyung gave the residents a strange drink he had prepared. Then, as soon as the announcement of the indefinite postponement of martial law was announced, Oh Joo-hyung left the gym. Apartment residents have become sensitive to the indefinite extension of martial law.

Jeong Yi-hyun visited  Oh Yeon-ok (Bae Hae-sun)'s house. He said, "I know you gave water to Kim Seung-beom (Joo Jong-hyuk)." Oh Yeon-ok denied, "Who is it?" Lee Hyun Jung"

Oh Yeon-ok told Kim Jung-guk that Yoon Sae-bom may have been infected. Kim Jung-guk asked Yoon Sae-bom, "You went out with Han Tae-seok before. You got blood all over your body. Are you okay? When did this wound heal?" Yoon Sae-bom said, "I was slightly scratched by a friend before. It doesn't heal well."

Oh Joo-hyung began to frame the story saying that Yoon Sae-bom and Jeong Yi-hyun hid Na Su-min. In response, Oh Yeon-ok put pressure on Yoon Sae-bom and Jeong Yi-hyun, saying, "I was hiding in the apartment with Na Su-min infected. Is it true that the two of you hid him?"

Oh Yeon-ok conciliated, "Let's trust each other," saying, "Even two people can be called infected." Yoon Sae-bom was displeased, saying, "CEO Dong-nim, please push me to represent the tenants? Is this the time to talk like this?" In response, Oh Yeon-ok said, "Then when do we talk like this?" and said, "Oh Joo-hyung, you know you're crazy?"

Oh Joo-hyung offered drinks to Yoon Sae-bom and Jeong Yi-hyeon, who came to visit him. Sae-Bom Yoon and Yi-Hyun Jeong found out that Joo-Hyung had taken the next drug in her drink. Oh Joo-hyung said, "Won't  the cure come out sooner when there are more infections." 

Jeong Yi-hyun took medicine in front of Oh Joo-hyung. He said, "This is the digestive medicine I used to play baseball."

Kim Jung-guk, who became suspicious thanks to what  Oh Yeon-ok said, aimed his gun at Yoon Sae-bom and Jeong Yi-hyun. Oh Yeon-ok said, "The two have been in contact with the infected, and Yoon Sae-bom has been scratched by the infected," he said.

Meanwhile, Han Tae-jin (Jo Woo-jin) received a report on the efficacy of the treatment from Lee Ji-soo (Park Joo-hee). Han Tae-jin said, "Isn't the Yoon Sae-bom blood analysis done yet?" and instructed Lee Ji-soo to "run the Yoon Sae-bom blood analysis secretly and pour the 13th candidate's substance (blood)  over it."

Han Tae-jin learned that the chairman of a pharmaceutical company (Lee Ki-young) had secretly stolen a treatment that had just begun clinical trials.

“There was a problem in the president’s ward,” Lee Ji-soo reported. In response, Han Tae-jin said, "I was beaten by stealing the 13th candidate substance from that side." He said cynically, "They are high-ranking people,  don't kill them, but capture them. They should be used as clinical data." Han Tae-jin looked at his infected wife and showed affection, saying, "It's almost over."

image_readtop_2021_1100529_1638026605486

• Like 6

Episode 8

• That little slap of SB on YH's back when he was checking the last room, that's love too. Wheee, we will get our couple!
  • "Make sure to tell your husband beforehand" :laugh:Damn, 1501 is savage. That burn. 
  • Advanced investigation methods my foot. :laugh:
  • I absolutely love these talks SB & YH have on the balcony with candle light. It's so peaceful and relaxing somehow. 
  • I remember when SB & YH were at the roof and were goofying around with being bad cop and good coop. During this episode I noticed that slowly they turn into exact these roles. YH is always very blunt and direct with words, SB always notices this behavior and tips his arm, shoulder or back, when she thinks he is too harsh. She is capable of putting herself in different people shoes and acts a lot more emotional. 
    So in the end, she became the good cop, while YH is the bad cop. They are really a great team. 
  • So happy supermarket girl Bo Ram really seems to have not interest in influencer boy. 
  • You know this drama is fiction because Seo Yoon has 59% battery power left on her phone after three days of lockdown without electricity. No modern smartphone is able to do that. 
  • Bo Ram didn't take a water bottle. Yaaaay. :pandahappy: That cleaning lady saved her life with being rude.
  • So glad YH was able to convince SB to not drink from the botlle. Now he can save her as "I'm her lifesaver" in his phone too. :pandacool:
  • This begins to be an all-out war between the different units. Things will be going down quickly. 
  • Uh.... was this an almost rooftop kiss? :lenny:
  • The worried look in SB eyes when YH took the pill :pandablush: I see sparkles! Did anyone else see sparkles happening there? She was so worried. 
  • TS powermove. Damn, that scene was badass.

Interesting ending, what a powermove. TS just killed his CEO and all higher ups. It should be no problem to disarm a brainwashed JK.

The preview looks like a lot is happening next, I wonder who is capable of throwing SB across the room. Probably TS? He is only one I can think of who would be able to overpower her. And why did she look so scared?

It also seem there is a mutation of the virus happening, concealing infected people. 

The last shot of the preview also looks like YH is looking at a dead body, I think this is the first victim that is close to our OTP, since he seems to be sad. I think this could be his partner JK.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Episode 8

Last week I thought the show might lose its appeal/thrills/tension if the drama kept focusing on these annoying residents. I worry whether there were more to offer from a story-telling point of view once the zombies attack and infect others. However I realise from this week's episodes there are still so much to explore on the characters and human nature. :wow2: It's so interesting.

And LOL when the episode began with Yi Hyun telling Sae Bom he's more accurate than the weather station. That is so true because the guys around me who has had injuries said exactly the same thing!

Not much progress on OTP skinship but I do love that there are more OTP's quiet times and Yi Hyun indirectly confessed his feelings and that advancing closer and closer could have resulted in a kiss if not for Party-Pooper 601 and 1201. Those two need to be thrown outside, seriously. Everyone is frustrated and scared already and they do nothing but create more worries. However the conflicts between the residents were so real and relatable. I presume Unit 301 the Haraboji already knows her wife has turned and is protecting her albeit being a jerk to her all the time. The son can be disowned and they should adopt the supermarket cashier girl instead. Sigh.

I was surprised to see Lee Kyu Hyung's cameo again but is happy that Lee Seung Young is still alive and fighting against it. I'll trust that perhaps at the end of the show he'll be cured. However the disease seem to cause a change in the body and he craved red meat. I wonder if he's lying about his symptoms or it's a side-effects of the disease...?

SMH at Jung Guk for being brainwashed. I see his mental health deteriorating, which is a relatable issue that people suffered from during lockdown. I get that he's worried sick about his wife, but what happens to him is another display of a side of human nature that's quite interesting. Let's hope our super smart Yi Hyun can diffuse this situation next week. And this brings us to the scene where Yi Hyun outsmarting Oh Ju Hyung — how awesome is he? :pandalove: I was spoiled by this on my TL so I didn't have to go through the "worries" of thinking the residents have been infected and screaming at the screen for them not to drink from the bottles! Gosh I just love Yi Hyun's wit, for thinking few steps ahead of Oh Ju Hyung and waited to catch him red-handed. Yes. Please please pretty please lock him away for the greater good!

I'm still confused with Andrew however can I take it as a good sign that him being nice to the cleaning ahjumma means he's not going to be a shady character and he's probably gonna be echoing Sweet Home as someone who may have been disfigured but is actually more human than the other humans? Note that Andrew reacted a little to Oh Ju Hyung in one scene, it was deliberately emphasized with the close up. Curious curious.

The last two scenes were especially impactful. I'm loving the characterisation of Han Tae Seok. A smart character who walks the grey area. He's ruthless for feeding a healthy person to the zombies but I can't resent him when he's all teary eyes with his wife! I see why he decided to leak the information knowing what would happen and used it against the higher-ups and took them down all at once AND making sure they contributed to the clinical data at the same time. Wow. How many birds did he kill with one stone here? :SquirtleWonderfull: 

We have 4 episodes left and 2 weeks. I will be so sad when it comes to an end.

Update on couple progress:

Episode 4 - Hand holding

Episode 8 - Confession

If anyone find any deleted scenes for Episode 8, please kindly share it here. Thank you.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
29 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I would even see the stare and almost kiss on the rooftop as progression. If it weren't for 1201 and 601, YH would have gone for it. SB was ready too. 

29 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

The last two scenes were especially impactful. I'm loving the characterisation of Han Tae Seok. A smart character who walks the grey area

I really like that despite him walking on a very thin line and acting in the grey area, we as the viewer, can relate to his action. He also does good deeds and really is determined to get a cure for everyone, while also cleaning this world from the ones that may corrupt it again. 

I just hope I'm wrong and he doesn't harm SB next episode. 

• Like 6

BTS for E7-8

4 hours ago, Dhakra said:

I really like that despite him walking on a very thin line and acting in the grey area, we as the viewer, can relate to his action. He also does good deeds and really is determined to get a cure for everyone, while also cleaning this world from the ones that may corrupt it again.

Yeah he's like an antihero - misunderstood and trying to right the wrong and doesn't fear in getting his hands dirty. However I forgot to say I can't fully trust him whenever he tells others their family is OK. Do they really have time and enough manpower to ensure the residents' families are safe and sound? Though it's understandable why he'd lie too as to not create more chaos.

On the contrary, Sae Bom and Yi Hyun are the representative of the good side of the humans. Can they continue to be this good?

Episode 4 - Hand holding

Episode 8 - Confession + Stare + Near kiss

OK. Added your suggestion.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3