Happiness 해피니스 [2021]

2 hours ago, Dhakra said:

I am absolutely sure lawyer-trash would throw his wife in front of zombies to safe his life. And just a few minutes later he would be with 601 mistress.

Oh, totally, he would push his wife! The only thing that might be a redeeming feature about the lawyer getting together with the mistress is that he will probably also have pushed the murderer into the zombies as well before he risk being with the mistress. LOL

Come @Tofu! Come to the dark...err..."Happiness" side!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Nope. She gets no credit. Since even after seeing a zombie, she gave her brother some water to drink despite being warned that zombies shouldn't drink water since it seems to facilitate their turning into zombie mode.

I think she did that intentionally. It seems that she is hiding their relationship and he probably knows some things about her that she doesn’t want out. If he became a zombie, it would solve that problem for her.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
41 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I think she did that intentionally. It seems that she is hiding their relationship and he probably knows some things about her that she doesn’t want out. If he became a zombie, it would solve that problem for her.

I just rewatched ep 6, and I agree with you that she did it intentionally. Either he turns into a zombie and kills people for her, or he turns into a zombie and is killed himself. Either way, she is much, much sicker and more evil than I realized. I detest her even more now.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

@stroppyse @Dhakra @Chocolate HAHAHAHA!! This is typically not the genre I like. I'm not a big fan of zombie dramas/movies, but I'll consider it. How many episodes are left? I have more success rate of finishing if the drama is close to being done or completed. :laugh:

It's only finished episode 6 out of 16. So, it's not even half way done yet. :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

@stroppyse @Dhakra @Chocolate HAHAHAHA!! This is typically not the genre I like. I'm not a big fan of zombie dramas/movies, but I'll consider it. How many episodes are left? I have more success rate of finishing if the drama is close to being done or completed.

Haha, good news for @Tofu but not for others who love this, there are only 12 episodes! We're half done.

Also, there really is not very much zombiness going on. In one episode, we would be lucky to see them for even 5 minutes.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

12 episodes are enough for zombie series. So they don't need to waste for filler talks and scenes. If the series hit jackpot in the final. They can plan second season. So the production still can make money of it. 

I love this btw, but somehow some moment i feel like i wanna smack those opportunist residents and throw the annoying ones to those thirsty zombies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

@abs-oluteM If the immunity is due to brain surgery, then it's no wonder TS is not able to find a cure/vaccine from Sae Bom's blood.

QUIZ: Which Current K-Drama Should You Be Watching Right Now?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1499328wpp/quiz-which-current-k-drama-should-you-be-watching-right-now

I got this! 😂

HeBLnXj.jpg

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Party! 1

@Chocolate  I got The Red Sleeve. Which is about right, since I am a sucker for all these romantic melodramas. 

49 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

@abs-oluteM If the immunity is due to brain surgery, then it's no wonder TS is not able to find a cure/vaccine from Sae Bom's blood.

If the speculation is true, I wonder why? What part of the brain needs to be removed? Hmmm ...not quite convinced with what kfans are saying here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

2 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I love this btw, but somehow some moment i feel like i wanna smack those opportunist residents and throw the annoying ones to those thirsty zombies. 

LOL yeah today I so want to throw an annoying colleague who exhibits paranoia/victim play/persecutory delusion (I tried to diagnose this person) to the zombies.

49 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

If the speculation is true, I wonder why? What part of the brain needs to be removed?

Oh no! Why it has to be Oh Ju Hyung being immune too??!! Maybe we can volunteer him to be the test subject and leave Sae Bom to Yi Hyun to fight zombies together...

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

QUIZ: Which Current K-Drama Should You Be Watching Right Now?

Please tell me you did not choose Secret Garden out of the choices because of Hyun Bin LOL!

OMG, now Soompi that is mean. I got:

Spoiler

Now, We Are Breaking Up!

:pandarage: Sending zombies to Soompi!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
50 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Please tell me you did not choose Secret Garden out of the choices because of Hyun Bin LOL!

OMG, now Soompi that is mean. I got:

Reveal hidden contents

Now, We Are Breaking Up!

:pandarage: Sending zombies to Soompi!

Hahaha! Of course I did. Secret Garden happens to be my favourite drama!

I would have thought NWBU was the type of show you would watch. Would you by any chance have an issue with the FL? I admit I have been unduly influenced by her psychotic fans otherwise I quite like the storyline.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I would have thought NWBU was the type of show you would watch. Would you by any chance have an issue with the FL? I admit I have been unduly influenced by her psychotic fans otherwise I quite like the storyline.

I thought MotA is your favourite?!

NWBU - based on some Havenites' description of the plot, it is like Encounter rehash then it isn't my cuppa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh no! Why it has to be Oh Ju Hyung being immune too??!!

Everyone hush 🤫... don’t tell him. That way he will still freak out ugly at the sight of blood or zombies. 

😱 like you @mademoiselle I need to send zombies too! What went wrong with the quiz? I didn’t even ever wanna watch NWBU. 

On 11/22/2021 at 7:25 PM, Alice Wonderland said:

Somehow I feel consoled thinking that C19 is much milder than this one. 

I thought about this... Personally, I would rather deal with zombies than C19. It seems easier to guard yourself from being infected by zombies than by C19, which we cannot see. And it’s kinda cool that we can walk around with a basebal bat (and helmet if you like) than having to wear masks, gloves and hazmat suits. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

23 hours ago, Dhakra said:

That something I actually admire towards YH and SB. They still see them as human and try to safe their lives. 

If it would be me, the moment they turn into zombies and attack me. I would stuff them with bullets like it's thanksgiving.  

Hahahaha me too. Like I want to be thinking of them as humans...but when they turn they really aren't because of how badly they can hurt people...I'd probably be joining you with the zombie takedown :KittyGun:

One of the best things about the drama is actually the possibility to call each character just by their unit number. I need to learn a lot less names and can use their apartment number. Numbers are so much easier than names.

I wish I could call everyone around me with just the number of their address. 

I still think food names are the best :laugh:

German speaking countries are the worst when it come down to statistics in Europe. So many protests and people still believing covid and the vaccine is a hoax. Instead the take some untested anti-worm stuff for horses. Because that's "safer". We live in the first world and still some random people think they are smarter than any scientist in this world. 

That is so sad :letalQQ: I hope it's not too out of control on your side of the world.

19 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Heck, I felt bad for here BEFORE the infection. Just watching the way her husband and son treat her has been really sad and maddening. And, she's actually trying to tell her husband and son that she's feeling off, but they don't even give her a chance to talk! She so thinks that she is not going to be supported if she is infected. They might even kick her out of the apartment.

True since the begining of the drama she's been silenced and she's also shown to be a caring mother too. She's always making food for her husband till she's sick (since he was complaining about not having food the first time we met them) and always asking about her son's needs, while he is demanding things from her and never stopping to listen to her :pandarage2::pandarage2::pandarage2:

Nope. She gets no credit. Since even after seeing a zombie, she gave her brother some water to drink despite being warned that zombies shouldn't drink water since it seems to facilitate their turning into zombie mode.

I think I read it a little differently - there's being aware and being vindictive :lol:

I only give her credit in the sense that I was surprised she had the ability to detect zombies - I actually thought she would be stupid enough to open the door. But she actually remembered something Yi Hyun said which makes her at least more aware than the stupid lawyer guy who ignored all the signs since he hadn't paid any attention in the group meetings other than to 'recite the law' :PikachuFacePalm:

Obiviously she's sly and manipulative so she doesn't get credits as a person on the whole. There are definitely a lot of people who are  aware, but use that knowledge haughtily. And I feel like that's what she's doing. She wanted to get revenge and taunt gym guy for almost revealing their relationship to everyone. But if he did turn more fully into a zombie, she wouldn't mind since it's likely he would get chucked out along with her secret. She did vote against him, so I feel like she still wanted him gone to get rid of anything that would stand in her way of the representative position. :idk:

12 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Hahaha ooops just realised I typed out the same point as you but in more words since I hadn't read page 10 :laugh:

4 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

12 episodes are enough for zombie series.

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Agree @Alice Wonderland 12 eps is enough. In fact these days,

Not just zombie series, but in the past few years, I've loved a lot of shorter series much more than the longer ones because the plots contain far less drag and also there seems to be far less product placement as it probably cost less for shorter productions. In some ways the extra episodes are not worth it if that's all they really contain :MewHi:

Also thanks for the theory @abs-oluteM! I thought SB's immunity was definitely related to her period of illness, but this is more interesting since one of the psycho/ evil residents can also be immune :lettalKWA:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

59 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

51 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I thought MotA is your favourite?!

I thought every Hyun Bin series was your favourite @Chocolate I'm surprised you play favourites :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Oh, totally, he would push his wife! The only thing that might be a redeeming feature about the lawyer getting together with the mistress is that he will probably also have pushed the murderer into the zombies as well before he risk being with the mistress. LOL

Come @Tofu! Come to the dark...err..."Happiness" side!

The mistress would probably push them both aswell. All of them have a very, very bad personality. They wouldn't hesistate to sacrifice another life to safe their own.

Yeah @Tofu Join this happy side. Just friendly zombies with party hats on! :pandasipsip:

12 hours ago, Chocolate said:

11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I just rewatched ep 6, and I agree with you that she did it intentionally. Either he turns into a zombie and kills people for her, or he turns into a zombie and is killed himself. Either way, she is much, much sicker and more evil than I realized. I detest her even more now.

Maybe he is aware that her life is only superficial. Since her apartment looks so empty, maybe he knows she doesn't have as much money as she tries to display. 1201 is really dedicated to give others the feeling of them being wealthy and better than others. I think her brother doesn't fit her fake perfect life. 

3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I got this! 😂

Yay, got it too. :pandahappy:

16 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahahaha me too. Like I want to be thinking of them as humans...but when they turn they really aren't because of how badly they can hurt people...I'd probably be joining you with the zombie takedown :KittyGun:

The moment they turn the don't see human at all. I would totally go ham on them, especially if they are aggressive towards me or others. :pandapirate: 

24 minutes ago, JenL said:

I still think food names are the best :laugh:

Unfortunately we can't give all of the character food names. 

Supermarket girl should have name based on candy though, because she's sweet. :pandablush: SLS kicking in. 

26 minutes ago, JenL said:

That is so sad :letalQQ: I hope it's not too out of control on your side of the world.

Time will tell, but things are going down these days. Austria has officially anounced a compulsory vaccination, Germany is thinking about it too. They want to avoid a fifth lockdown at all costs. Due to this a lot more protests are about to come, some are still against the vaccine at all costs. Every day I realize how many dumb, uninformed people with a tin foil hat we have in a seemingly smart country.

We were the country of poets and thinkers. :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

But the will to survive is strong in everyone.

And in their current situation, it's not like you can spent whatever money you get immediately to improve your life. Getting the phone will not change her life in any way within the complex. 

What surprised me how weak her will to live got so suddenly. When she hid behind the counter in the supermarket, while zombies were storming in and killed other people, she seemed to do anything to survive and to not get caught.

And then one random guy was enough to convince her to go out and risk her life? How much money is required to forget your own life and put yourself in such danger? 

Maybe I'm just disappointed, because I thought she is way smarter than this. 

Good point, but what good is money if you're dead or a zombie? I think the real problem may be that the danger is not taken seriously enough. People always seem to think that they will be one of the survivors.

I think I should have prefaced my point before by saying that as a serial-zombie-film-watcher, I would personally never do anything for money during a zombie apocalypse because yes, money is useless and probably will be forever at that point. Also I value my life and I don't want to look gross with maggot hanging out of skin and blood everywhere...also blood tastes like iron and I was traumatised when I had a tooth removed for braces as a kid :SquirtlePuke::laugh:

I totally agree that people do not take things seriously and a portion of society will either be ignorant about how dangerous something is, or stubbornly in denial and can only live in regret & hindsight because they need 'proof' or to experience-to-believe. But the point I was trying to make after this bit is that when people don't believe in the zombies being a big deal, then the more 'real' practical fears set in especially if you don't have money privilege  - as in the fears we've already been conditioned to have all our lives and know to be real, such as you need money to buy food, not to be kicked out of our apartments etc. So supermarket girl is probably thinking that this whole thing will blow over (like what people thought in the early days of covid) and it's more important to be earning money to solve day-to-day worries....otherwise why else would she STILL even be working in the supermarket while all this is happening? If it was me, I would have quit the moment I heard about people thirsting for blood if infected, even if I was poor since I believe in zombies being a possibility :lol:...but she either doesn't know how bad it is, or doesn't believe it's that bad, she seems to think that providing for herself is her biggest worry. And if there were no zombies, that might be true since I doubt working at a supermarket is a lucrative career..... So I think this explains her thought process for getting the phone since she was literally just outside not long before (as she told him about the phone)...wait does that mean she walked into the apartment from the outside?  :lettalKWA:

In summary, Not really understanding the level of danger + false sense of security since she's been outside in the supermarket but survived + worrying about every day struggles = stupidly getting phone for money  :MewHi: I guess she did it not out of greed or stupidity, but maybe a naiviety of the zombie situation (but she is thinking she is being practical)

@Dhakra I think she technically didn't see zombies killing people in the supermarket. I could be wrong, but from memory, she said she saw people acting weird and she hid. Probably an instinctive move that saved her life. I'm guessing the people were rushing in for water or liquids at first and hadn't turned, but looked crazy? :thinking:  Since social media guy lives at home, he might have more money then we think since he pays no rent and also seems like the type to be into cryptocurrency mumbo jumbo while leeching off his parents simulatenously :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Oh yeah, this drama is only 12 episodes, isn't it. @Tofu, it's at the halfway point, you can definitely watch now! Binge the first 6 episodes, then join the chatter for the rest.

5 hours ago, JenL said:

In summary, Not really understanding the level of danger + false sense of security since she's been outside in the supermarket but survived + worrying about every day struggles = stupidly getting phone for money  :MewHi: I guess she did it not out of greed or stupidity, but maybe a naiviety of the zombie situation (but she is thinking she is being practical)

Interesting point you make. Since I don't believe in zombies, or anything that can turn one into a mindless, blood-thirsting creatures in general, I would have a hard time believing it if someone told me that there was a zombie in the world. I do think it's because biomed-wise, it would be hard to rewire the brain's pathways that quickly. Maybe a supernatural element could come into play to do that, but that's another hard call.

It's only in movies and dramas when we know that the situation is "real", at least in that world, that we wonder why they aren't smarter about it.

Having said that, if I saw bloody people running around in a frenzy for any reason, I think I would definitely stay away from them and stay hidden if possible. While I don't believe in zombies, there are plenty of folks who are crazy enough to kill other people for any number of incredulous beliefs.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, JenL said:

So supermarket girl is probably thinking that this whole thing will blow over (like what people thought in the early days of covid) and it's more important to be earning money to solve day-to-day worries....otherwise why else would she STILL even be working in the supermarket while all this is happening? If it was me, I would have quit the moment I heard about people thirsting for blood if infected, even if I was poor since I believe in zombies being a possibility :lol:...but she either doesn't know how bad it is, or doesn't believe it's that bad, she seems to think that providing for herself is her biggest worry. And if there were no zombies, that might be true since I doubt working at a supermarket is a lucrative career..... So I think this explains her thought process for getting the phone since she was literally just outside not long before (as she told him about the phone)...

I would agree if the virus would be afar, but she saw it directly with her own eyes. The whole thing happens right in front of her. Maybe I am too much of a logical thinker, but I would want to deal with the issue at hand first. I guess she still worked at the supermarket after the lockdown, because she couldn't go nowhere, got a big fat raise and things weren't as bad at the time. 

I think she just saw him loose the phone on their way back in. I doubt she was just coming from outside. 

Sigh, I think I am just disappointed in my cutie supermarket girl. :scaredpanda2:

2 hours ago, JenL said:

I think she technically didn't see zombies killing people in the supermarket. I could be wrong, but from memory, she said she saw people acting weird and she hid. Probably an instinctive move that saved her life. I'm guessing the people were rushing in for water or liquids at first and hadn't turned, but looked crazy? :thinking: 

Still, she must have noticed that there were zombies in the supermarket and that they aren't there for a cool, fresh zombie halloween party with a fancy sweet little dance-competition. I mean, even if they rushed in for just water, haven't turned and looked normal, after some time, you would look where they are right? If you see normal people entering, but not leaving for hours, you would take a look, especially before the end of the day. 

You would need a lot of repression to avoid everything. 

The only reason to hide and ignore everything is when you know, there are dangerous zombies in here and I should not move an inch. 

6 hours ago, JenL said:

Since social media guy lives at home, he might have more money then we think since he pays no rent and also seems like the type to be into cryptocurrency mumbo jumbo while leeching off his parents simulatenously :laugh:

But that's information we, the viewers, have. Supermarket girl doesn't know anything about him. She probably doesn't even know he lives at home, has a channel, pays no rent or earns crypto. 

And I doubt she has any use for crypto either. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Having said that, if I saw bloody people running around in a frenzy for any reason, I think I would definitely stay away from them and stay hidden if possible. While I don't believe in zombies, there are plenty of folks who are crazy enough to kill other people for any number of incredulous beliefs.

This is so true. In real life, even when I see something a little out of the ordinary like a protests or a person shouting and maybe turning violent, I go far away. I guess we just have survival instincts or street smarts kick in :idk: Can't speak for everyone in this zombie world though :laugh:

I think she just saw him loose the phone on their way back in. I doubt she was just coming from outside. 

That's kind of what I confused about though...didn't the people have to make a whole deal going outside to get to the supermarket? So the supermarket wouldn't be linked to their apartment block? I'm assuming supermarket girl walked to work and back home too which is how she saw the phone on the ground just outside...unless there is an inside path, but I'm confused then why they would choose to take the outside path to go to the supermarket and then end up trapped at the door when representative lady didn't let them in....was it just because murderer guy offered them cash to go outside so they took the outside route to the supermarket? :thinking:

Still, she must have noticed that there were zombies in the supermarket and that they aren't there for a cool, fresh zombie halloween party with a fancy sweet little dance-competition. I mean, even if they rushed in for just water, haven't turned and looked normal, after some time, you would look where they are right? If you see normal people entering, but not leaving for hours, you would take a look, especially before the end of the day. 

You would need a lot of repression to avoid everything. 

The only reason to hide and ignore everything is when you know, there are dangerous zombies in here and I should not move an inch. 

Hahaha I think she just never looked over the counter and maybe with the noise reduced she thought they left. If I had hidden myself, I also would not have gotten up to take a peek :psweatduck: Luckily she didn't go to the storeroom - it seems the infected didn't turn until they got into the storeroom and then were lost in the dark.

In any case, if she didn't see them actually eating humans she would be like the others in this world before they see zombies...creeped out, but not scared out of her mind. Even in real life, if you see a weird person on the streets, you avoid them but you're probably not running. But if he is stabbing people, you would be scared and running. So I think she just thought they were creepy, desperate people...she only realised how dangerous when she was out there and the guy had killer vibes rather than just creepy vibes. :MewHi:

But that's information we, the viewers, have. Supermarket girl doesn't know anything about him. She probably doesn't even know he lives at home, has a channel, pays no rent or earns crypto. 

And I doubt she has any use for crypto either. 

That's kind of true, but she did notice he was filming things as she pointed out he dropped his phone. But my point is not that she knows all these things, it's that he might actually have a lump of money sitting around that he can offer her (you don't have to be rich to have savings that you spend unwisely and you can still leeches off your parents). If he did and he offered her a lot, then she probably wouldn't judge that he looks silly. Haha, it's not that he would offer her crypo, but he might have it as a method to generate wealth to be able to offer her money. :idk:

Anyway, on the whole, the main rule of zombie films/ dramas is that there always has to be both ignorant people and stupid people to illustrate diversity in the way we think in society and the problems with those who don't have foresight or follow instructions. But in this case, while I do think her actions are obviously very stupid, I also feel like I see this idea they're trying to convey with supermarket girl  about people not understanding the full risks + still going about on and worrying about their daily lives (ie. how to make money and survive in the normal sense). :heiboi:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, JenL said:

I'm assuming supermarket girl walked to work and back home too which is how she saw the phone on the ground just outside...unless there is an inside path, but I'm confused then why they would choose to take the outside path to go to the supermarket and then end up trapped at the door when representative lady didn't let them in....was it just because murderer guy offered them cash to go outside so they took the outside route to the supermarket?

Wait.....I am confused. What timeline are we talking about?

302 lost his phone on the way back from the supermarket directly in front of the building. Cutey supermarket girl also mentioned it in last episode. When they rescued supermarket girl and brought in all kinds of supplies from there, he lost it in front of the building. I doubt after they went back into the building, supermarket girl returned to the supermarket, because YH & SB also closed the fence before it. They also blocked the entrance from the apartment complex completely. 

She just noticed it when it fell to the ground. 

30 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I think she just never looked over the counter and maybe with the noise reduced she thought they left. If I had hidden myself, I also would not have gotten up to take a peek :psweatduck: Luckily she didn't go to the storeroom - it seems the infected didn't turn until they got into the storeroom and then were lost in the dark.

I rewatched the scene and it seems she really just hid behind the counter after they rushed in, because she saw they have weird eyes. So it looks like she was aware that they were already zombies and went into turtle mode. She didn't even know if they left. 

33 minutes ago, JenL said:

(you don't have to be rich to have savings that you spend unwisely and you can still leeches off your parents). If he did and he offered her a lot, then she probably wouldn't judge that he looks silly.

Still, if I would say: "Jen, if I give you 50 Million Won, you go outside to a place potentially flooded with blood-thirsty zombies, risking your young life, retrieve my phone and give it back to me? Wouldn't you at least check if I really have the money? 

I mean, if I would risk my life for a total stranger, I would at least make sure the deal is genuine. 

37 minutes ago, JenL said:

Anyway, on the whole, the main rule of zombie films/ dramas is that there always has to be both ignorant people and stupid people to illustrate diversity in the way we think in society and the problems with those who don't have foresight or follow instructions. But in this case, while I do think her actions are obviously very stupid, I also feel like I see this idea they're trying to convey with supermarket girl  about people not understanding the full risks + still going about on and worrying about their daily lives (ie. how to make money and survive in the normal sense). :heiboi:

I totally agree. :laugh: Let's be honest. Without YH & SB everyone would be a zombie by now and the drama would have lasted two episodes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3