Happiness 해피니스 [2021]

@JenL Yes, the dark side is up to date to ep 6.

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle If this has your most hated character, I don't think I can ever watch this drama. Between General Go in River, Tae Jin in Dal-Li, and everyone in Reflection, I don't think I have the bandwidth to add another annoying character this year.

This is a happy show. Didn't you read the title? 🤣

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 7
11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I was just about to ask about this . Looks like they are trying to get an answer via Sae Bom

Which does make sense, but the way to get it is.....questionable. If YH really does see this, he will go on a rampage. TS won't survive this. 

10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Wow! Nice move. I don't remember this scene, but then again, I don't think I watched any trailers for this drama. I just started watching. Thanks @Dhakra! Seriously.

:smile:You're welcome stropp. I just knew this is up your alley. So I was certain to somehow get you to watch it, even if it needs me to beg you for it. Having you in these kind of dramas is something I don't want to miss out on. 

So, his "job" is trying to get subscribers and thus generate some ad revenue from his channel, I assume. And, you're welcome to off him if he does cause the supermarket girl to become a zombie. Though, I don't think she's going to trust him again.

As for why she agreed to it in the first place, it's because she needs money. She's been working part-time jobs which does not pay much at all and he offered her money that she probably needs. And though she's scared of the infected, she's clearly not scared enough

The way he asked his mom for her phone made me mad aswell. He has absolutely no respect. 

But he didn't even pay her in advance. If I would do such a dangerous task, I would make sure to get the money first and then do whatever neccesary. Sigh, my protective instincts go wild when I see a girl putting herself in danger, especially when some kind of jerk put her willingly in such a situation. 

Seems like she is fine though, but now the complex is filled with zombies soon. It was like YH mentioned, zombies will find an easy way in due to mistakes. 

Yes, serious dirtbag lawyer. I don't think it's just kdrama lawyers. Unfortunately, there are these types everywhere, including in RL.

I guess you are right. I never had a lot of contact with any lawyers though in RL. 

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@Dhakra I was about to comment the same about 1201 house. Only appearances. Their house is not even half as proper as YH-SB’s house. 

It even looks like they are in need of money. They seem to be rich only on the outside. She needs to be the representative to make any money at all. It even sounded like they were about to sell the apartment.  

5 hours ago, Chocolate said:

The pills - Why did 1501 buy it? Why did 601 go and get them from the gym car too?

I think to purposely infect people and kill them. He already tried to do the same to SB and YH. It would not surprise me if he tries to place the drugs into food or drinks or anything else to get rid off the people that try to lock him up.

32 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

This is a happy show. Didn't you read the title? 🤣

@JenLYeah, a few happy zombies from your local neighborhood. It's such a cute and bubbly show :pandahehe: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I just finished eps 6 and some of the residents here are so annoying that they bring it upon themselves to get infected. What I am surprised about is that the old lady has yet to turn. So I am assuming there has to be an incubation period? Or is she maybe like Sae Bom who can build antibodies ?

@Dhakra In the preview, I think Sae Bom may not get bitten - looks like she just stabbed the infected guard who tried to bite her. 

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 11/15/2021 at 5:55 PM, mademoiselle said:

Also agree @JenL's observation that Sae Bom is more of the impulsive, do first then worry later type.

I just started watching episode 5 since I found it somewhere and when she openned the door to the carpark to challenge the neighbours who were complaining about not being able to leave, I was like....PLEASE DO NOT. YOU JUST SAW ZOMBIES THERE BEFORE :lettalKWA::lettalKWA::lettalKWA: 

On 11/15/2021 at 6:19 PM, stroppyse said:

The end of episode 4 also creates a turnabout as it delivers some commentary on human nature. There are always people who think that it can never happen to them, and people who will get a false sense of security via some inadequate actions.

This, in my opinion, is exactly how I would describe a portion of the world's attitudes towards covid. I use to watch zombie movies thinking people couldn't possibly be so stupid as to believe things won't happen to them in real life...but then covid happened and I realised, no, there are some people who don't have any foresight and must actually experience things and unfortunately live with regret in hindsight before they possibly believe (and some still won't believe) :idk:

On 11/15/2021 at 9:06 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Friends to lovers is always one of the hardest barriers to overcome. A lot can be at stake. 

Definitely higher stakes in the friends to lovers equation. If you start off as strangers, it hurts a lot less to go back to being strangers...but if you start off as friends then loosing a friendship sucks :letalQQ:

On 11/15/2021 at 9:17 PM, mademoiselle said:

I reckon mostly is because Sae Bom was traumatised by her own parents' marriage that she doesn't believe in love/marriage. 

Totally agree with this! :1000:

• Like 6

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

So I am assuming there has to be an incubation period? Or is she maybe like Sae Bom who can build antibodies ?

@Dhakra In the preview, I think Sae Bom may not get bitten - looks like she just stabbed the infected guard who tried to bite her. 

I feel like the transformation has to be triggered somehow. Even due to stress or overwhelming thirst. So far it seems she doesn't have both. Even gym guy was pretty gucci until 601 provoked him and made him lose his pantalones~

I hope so, but still, it looked like he purposely brought a zombie on top to attack her. Since he was also just standing by, it means he is willing to sacrifice her. 

But the potential of YH chasing the car and jumping on top of the hood gives me excitement. Maybe this will show SB also, how much YH loves her. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3
On 11/16/2021 at 2:30 AM, Chocolate said:

Summary of the disease:

• A person turns after taking the pill.
  • It can spread by a scratch or bite, but it is not airborne (so don't need to wear mask or disinfect unless it is for covid).
  • Sign of infection is thirst and pupil becomes smaller.
  • 601 wife's zombie retains some sense and control - she understands when asked if she wants out of the bathroom, and will hold out on dying because she had grievance that her husband had killed her.
  • Han Tae Seok's CEO boss also seemed to be able to control his zombieness - or did he turn because he got angry with HTS?
  • On the flip side, the zombie does not know how to do simple things like open a door.
  • The infected can turn back to normal - how? What makes them turn violent again - when they feel thirsty? In that container scene, they were all sleeping quietly until they "woke up". In that scenario, since no one will be safe entering the container, does it mean HTS meant to just leave them there to die without food and water and sanitation? (Do zombies need to go to the toilet? 🤔

Thanks for the summary of these unusual zombies. Most zombie films have differences with the undead, but this one is kind of fun since the infected are technically not the dead revived, but humans who are zoning in and out of disease symptoms. :lettalKWA:

On 11/16/2021 at 2:30 AM, Chocolate said:

Agree. It's not just Sae Bom. Even Yi Hyun had these moments too. 

I feel like part of this is because they're trying to treat the zombies as humans as well since as mentioned they technically aren't dead. And while I like that about them, I'm sure the director put this impulsive nature in the main characters to give us heart attacks...like it's all good and well to be more ethical towards others, but when they're in zombie form, it might just put everyone in danger :PikachuFacePalm:

On 11/16/2021 at 2:54 AM, ktcjdrama said:

I am assuming the zombies will not attack fellow zombies. Yes, I suppose even zombies have their code of brotherhood

Actually, I was wondering about this...like if the other infected people are also locked outside together and they get hungry, wouldn't they just go for the avaliable meat? :thinking: But I think it's probably like all living diseases and organisms - it desires to spread...so it's probably looking for the scent of the blood of not yet infected? (Sorry if already explained in the drama, I'm one episode behind so far)

On 11/16/2021 at 7:44 AM, stroppyse said:

As for SB, YH being relaxed about some stuff, I actually thought it wasn't unrealistic in that they don't know what they are dealing with. SB and YH are also upset with the conditions that the zombies are living in when they're confined since to them, the zombies are still people.

Yep, I totally like that the main characters still have this empathy for the infected people, though I sometimes wish they wouldn't open doors or do last minute impulsive actions when other, slower people are around. But I think it reflects their confidence in dealing with the situation and their strong moral compasses. :MewHi:

On 11/16/2021 at 10:34 AM, stroppyse said:

The husband seems very self-serving as well. Since the wife was his secretary before becoming his wife, she seems submissive to his directions. An evil thought crossed my mind while watching them of whether the lawyer married his secretary because that way he got a capable helper whom he didn't have to pay.

Totally agree - I feel like a lot of the male characters in the apartment are not nice at all. The lawyer is just a little bit more reserved than the guy who killed his wife/ has a mistress...but he's not far off in his lack of smarts and the fact that he also treats his wife like a secretary more than a partner. He was totally thinking of having an affair himself in episode 5 when the mistress hit on him. :mad:

On 11/16/2021 at 11:50 AM, Chocolate said:

“lady hamburger” 🤣 The poor woman is about to become zombie and we don’t even remember her unit number 😂

Hahaha, but I find food more memorable than numbers :idk: Hence can only remember her as Mrs Hamburger

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 11/20/2021 at 11:08 AM, stroppyse said:

So, first off, I'm sympathetic to TS' decision to let an infected person "escape" so that all the protesters demanding that the locked up infected be released can actually see an infected. TS is lying to his superiors about a cure in an effort to not have to kill the infected, and the well-intended but clueless normal people don't seem to understand how dangerous the infection is. Perhaps I'm sympathetic to TS' decision because I live in a country where hundreds of thousands of people have died from COVID and there are still people insisting that it's all a giant government conspiracy meant to take away their freedom. Yeah, right. We definitely have the freedom to be stupid, even if that means letting others take the consequences of our stupidity.

Me too. I was totally ok with this especially since he ordered them to make sure no one got hurt. Again, it's just the stupidity of people who have no foresight, but need "proof" (ie. to be infected themselves when it's too late or to be crying for someone to save them) before they believe and comply with safety measures. Showing them a zombie would be the closest proof and even then, there would be people saying it was a hired actor and there's no such thing :nervous:

Our country is not as bad, but as @mademoiselle knows, we've also had a slate of protests recently over covid laws. But I wish people would open their eyes and see that there are certain actions required for people's safety. We live in the first world...it's not going to kill people to sacrifice a little bit when there's a rampent disease going on. :idk:

On 11/21/2021 at 1:40 AM, Dhakra said:

When Sae Bom hugged him after he apologized I honestly wanted a kiss instead of a hug :lenny:

Me too...we need to progress to next stage now :smug:

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

3 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, but I find food more memorable than numbers :idk: Hence can only remember her as Mrs Hamburger

Me, too! Since @Alice Wonderlandcalled her "lady hamburger" in one of her posts, I haven't been able to think of her as anything other than that. :lmao2:

Then again, I wonder if the desire for red meat is a variant symptom?

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Me too...we need to progress to next stage now

I think the story is doing fine with putting the romance on a slow burn. Both SB and YH have a lot to deal with right now, but it's clear that they keep seeking each other out and are becoming more instinctive about things like holding hands. Plus, thanks to the deleted scenes, it seems that SB is becoming more aware of YH as a man?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Episode 6

I'm ready for the stage to change in the next few episodes from annoying residents and locked apartment to something else. It's getting a bit repetitive if we just keep having to watch these irritating residents do nothing but complain or be stupid. I'm so ready to have some of them bitten (sorry, Imma not a Saint) if they want to be selfish and ignorant.

I also want to know what's the deal with Unit 1501 because there had to be a good reason why the camera panned towards the signage of 1501 PENTHOUSE. I'm definitely curious of his real identity. And did I read it right that the Pharma CEO is cutting the power to the apartments? If that's correct, why does he have the authority to cut the power? Does he own those apartments?

4 hours ago, JenL said:

Me too. I was totally ok with this especially since he ordered them to make sure no one got hurt. Again, it's just the stupidity of people who have no foresight, but need "proof" (ie. to be infected themselves when it's too late or to be crying for someone to save them) before they believe and comply with safety measures. Showing them a zombie would be the closest proof and even then, there would be people saying it was a hired actor and there's no such thing.

I totally get why Han Tae Seok chose to "show them proof" because people just really don't get the seriousness of a situation until it's too late.

5 hours ago, JenL said:

Our country is not as bad, but as @mademoiselle knows, we've also had a slate of protests recently over covid laws. But I wish people would open their eyes and see that there are certain actions required for people's safety. We live in the first world...it's not going to kill people to sacrifice a little bit when there's a rampent disease going on.

Sigh. This. I was actually in the city that day and was really worried I might catch the virus just from walking on the street because of the crowd. Since they are people against vaccine mandate so they must not have been vaccinated. If I caught it I'd have given it to the whole office since I would not feel any symptoms until 4-5 days later. Stressful how these people just don't care.

The guy who has a busted knee ran pretty fast after the car (Sae Bom must be in it)

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

Whoaaaaa...Just finished episode 5 and 6 and really loving this drama so much. The cliffhangers are really something. And I'm a big sucker for the broader ethical dilemas etc. :BulbaOWO:

Episode 5 & 6

I just want to say aside from Yi Hyun, his cop friend (and maybe Han Tae Seok), all the men in this series are seriously putting me off ever getting married :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Can't help but notice all the other guys are super toxic and problematic: murderer guy with the mistress, the lawyer who treats his wife as free help and wants to  have an affair with the murders' mistress, grumpy Mr Hamburger with barely any empathy for his wife, the entitled son who is really selfish and only cares about his follower count, the brother who is also entitled and wants to steal his sister's apartment, the gym guy who took drugs and lied about it till he turned and couldn't hide it, the annoyingly fake pastor husband of the apartment rep lady, the ahjussi outside who turned into a zombie and is really cunningly trying to trick everyone to come outside, the kooky guy from apartment 15 who now looks to be a major drug buyer and the evil CEO who let the drug leak into society and bit Han Tae Seok's wife. Have I missed any other terrible guys? This series is really not painting guys in a good light.. :lenny:

One main-ish side character who I'm undecided about is the mysterious Andrew. I feel like he's likely either to be:

- Someone who has been infected in the past, but has learnt how to control his urges and live amongst people...and even eat ramyeon :eeeee:

- OR Someone who was mauled/ damaged by the zombies, but has immunity...however, he can't show people his looks or they'd kick him out thinking he was infected. :idk:

He did rescue the annoying social media son and he was empathetic in his vote to let the gym guy stay. 

Is it just me or do you all feel they should communicate which residents they know are zombies??? I thought it was great that Sae Bom came just in time to make sure the stupid lawyer didn't open the door. But she should have corrected him to let him know that that guy was a zombie. And bring it up in the meetings? Even if the neighbours might not believe it at first, at least the seed of doubt would be planted in their heads  :thinking:

There are obviously more annoying neighbours than good ones and I agree that they should just get taken out to stop our leads from having to do so much babysitting :lol: Hopefully they don't turn into zombies though, since that just causes everyone more issues. The neighbour I think that is most pleasant at the moment is the writer girl who was getting bothered by her brother...but I'm worried for her safety now that she's trapped with the gym guy. :psweatduck: I feel the most sorry for Lady Hamburger though...she can't even air her grievances or tell anyone that she might be infected...mainly because she's not even sure she would have support from her own family. Although apartment representative lady is highly annoying, I did have to give her credit for being smart enough to identify a zombie :popcorn:

I like that the disease has been given a name and scientific-y explaination...and also it is realistically grim in that they are struggling to find an antidote or even some medication that can slow down the process. It seems the infected just die and the rate of infection is spreading faster than they can contain...and I'm enjoying the slightly veiled references to covid...especially since Sae Bom uses covid as part of her ethics argument in episode 6 to let gym guy stay. Also on the zombie side of things, I'm enjoying this slow burn zombie chaser because it's not constant jump scares...there's a false sense of security and then things speed up. Also the zombies are smart since they're technically not dead and can still think, so it's scary to see them act sly and pretend they're still ok :lettalKWA:

I'm confused about what happens in a month though...Will the CEO die and become full zombie by then? :thinking: Speaking of the CEO and Han Tae Seok, it was sad to see what happened to his wife, although I guess it juxtaposes with the scene where he was trying to bury the side effects of the drug at first...and so karma came full circle :shocked: 

I laughed so hard when Yi Hyun rubbed blood on the evil cowardly guy's face and I loved the hug...there's something so tender about this romance and it's so nicely paced, sweet but not unncessarily mushy in the time of a zombie invasion :BulbaOWO: But now I'm wondering if the evil guy will trick people to take the drug when Yi Hyun is close and try to have him killed...and also it sucks that the kooky guy might turn out to be more evil than innocent, which was the initial way he presented :lettalKWA: 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

On 11/21/2021 at 7:15 AM, stroppyse said:

That's it. I'm tired of all these cowardly people who basically use money to get other people to risk their lives on their behalf. I'm also tired of the people who agree to be used. You can't spend money if you're dead.

On 11/21/2021 at 11:52 AM, Dhakra said:

Why would she put herself in such danger. 

Again, I use to laugh and be like, "only in the movies!"...now I'm pretty sure if we did have a zombie invasion, there would be people still doing things for money :idk:

To be fair, I suppose there are 2 sides of the 'being used'/ money argument. It's a bit like covid. If you're privleged enough to have money during a lockdown or be able to work from home, then staying home is a piece of cake and you should do it, or you're a terrible person infecting others. But if you're cut off from all resources, then you're also in danger of starving or not paying rent...which is a real 'practial' fear most people have. I guess it's easy to judge, but it's not always greed...sometimes it's a belief that they're being practical? :thinking: For the most part, people seem to believe things won't happen to them and some characters haven't actually seen the zombies yet, which is why they agree to do things for cash ( most people don't really believe in until they see the horrors firsthand). 

On 11/21/2021 at 7:15 AM, stroppyse said:

To which, the lawyer jerk had the nerve to respond "This is why I shouldn't have married a gold digger." And, yes, she probably did marry him at least partially because he was a lawyer and they could have a good life together, but at least she took care of him as a wife and as a secretary. Unlike the scummy lawyer who totally belittles his wife, even under normal circumstances

I feel like that's a low blow from the lawyer. He's just so stupid as well...no street smarts with the infected, but always showing off what he knos about the law. At least his wife had the smarts to get help for him. I also wouldn't call her a gold-digger...that term is ironically for the mistress he wants to get with. His wife is more representative of the traditional and perhaps less educated woman who is probably smart but has been pushed down by social structures or circumstances and looks for a 'good marriage' so that she is fianancially secure and doesn't have to stress about money. That's how life was back in the day for most of our grandmothers. A gold digger is someone who is only in it for the money and leaves straight after. :heiboi:

On 11/21/2021 at 6:17 PM, Chocolate said:

601 mistress - She searched the kitchen but did not take the money. What is she looking for?

Oh yeah, forgot about this part. She feels like a very fishy character. She's always watching and gatherng information...and she somehow still isn't scared enough to leave the psycho doctor. I wonder if she's related to the drug sales :thinking:

23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I just finished eps 6 and some of the residents here are so annoying that they bring it upon themselves to get infected. What I am surprised about is that the old lady has yet to turn. So I am assuming there has to be an incubation period? Or is she maybe like Sae Bom who can build antibodies ?

Yeah lady hamburger is taking a long time to turn...maybe she won't? :thinking:

20 hours ago, Dhakra said:

I feel like the transformation has to be triggered somehow. Even due to stress or overwhelming thirst. So far it seems she doesn't have both. Even gym guy was pretty gucci until 601 provoked him and made him lose his pantalones~

I agree with this...though I thought her husband and son would be triggering stress every few minutes :laugh: Or maybe because they're so annoying daily, she's been trained to have higher tolerances :lenny:

46 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

What makes SB didnt get infected even after she got scratched from the zombie while lady hamburger is developing serious symtoms of the disease. I pity her how scared she must be thinking she'll be zombie soon. 

Somehow I feel consoled thinking that C19 is much milder than this one. 

Hahahaha I just want to say thanks to @Alice Wonderland for coining the name Lady Hamburger :CharmanderYay:

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Sigh. This. I was actually in the city that day and was really worried I might catch the virus just from walking on the street because of the crowd. Since they are people against vaccine mandate so they must not have been vaccinated. If I caught it I'd have given it to the whole office since I would not feel any symptoms until 4-5 days later. Stressful how these people just don't care.

Oh no! I'll be going in for a day. I hope there's no protests where I am :lettalKWA:

• Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

12 hours ago, JenL said:

I feel like part of this is because they're trying to treat the zombies as humans as well since as mentioned they technically aren't dead. And while I like that about them, I'm sure the director put this impulsive nature in the main characters to give us heart attacks...like it's all good and well to be more ethical towards others, but when they're in zombie form, it might just put everyone in danger :PikachuFacePalm:

That something I actually admire towards YH and SB. They still see them as human and try to safe their lives. 

If it would be me, the moment they turn into zombies and attack me. I would stuff them with bullets like it's thanksgiving. :pandarage2: 

11 hours ago, JenL said:

Me too...we need to progress to next stage now :smug:

Yeah, yeah, zombies are cruel and stuff, it does get a little messy, but a little :pandalove:in between doesn't hurt anyone. 

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Me, too! Since @Alice Wonderlandcalled her "lady hamburger" in one of her posts, I haven't been able to think of her as anything other than that.

One of the best things about the drama is actually the possibility to call each character just by their unit number. I need to learn a lot less names and can use their apartment number. Numbers are so much easier than names.

I wish I could call everyone around me with just the number of their address. 

2 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Somehow I feel consoled thinking that C19 is much milder than this one. 

Perfect advertisement. Get vaccined now before you turn into a zombie. :lenny:

12 hours ago, JenL said:

Our country is not as bad, but as @mademoiselle knows, we've also had a slate of protests recently over covid laws. But I wish people would open their eyes and see that there are certain actions required for people's safety. We live in the first world...it's not going to kill people to sacrifice a little bit when there's a rampent disease going on

German speaking countries are the worst when it come down to statistics in Europe. So many protests and people still believing covid and the vaccine is a hoax. Instead the take some untested anti-worm stuff for horses. Because that's "safer". We live in the first world and still some random people think they are smarter than any scientist in this world. 

12 hours ago, JenL said:

He was totally thinking of having an affair himself in episode 5 when the mistress hit on him. :mad:

He still is. He absolutely still is thinking of having an affair with her. That's the sole reason why he offered her a room.

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, JenL said:

Again, I use to laugh and be like, "only in the movies!"...now I'm pretty sure if we did have a zombie invasion, there would be people still doing things for money :idk:

To be fair, I suppose there are 2 sides of the 'being used'/ money argument. It's a bit like covid. If you're privleged enough to have money during a lockdown or be able to work from home, then staying home is a piece of cake and you should do it, or you're a terrible person infecting others. But if you're cut off from all resources, then you're also in danger of starving or not paying rent...which is a real 'practial' fear most people have. I guess it's easy to judge, but it's not always greed...sometimes it's a belief that they're being practical? :thinking: For the most part, people seem to believe things won't happen to them and some characters haven't actually seen the zombies yet, which is why they agree to do things for cash ( most people don't really believe in until they see the horrors firsthand). 

But the will to survive is strong in everyone.

And in their current situation, it's not like you can spent whatever money you get immediately to improve your life. Getting the phone will not change her life in any way within the complex. 

What surprised me how weak her will to live got so suddenly. When she hid behind the counter in the supermarket, while zombies were storming in and killed other people, she seemed to do anything to survive and to not get caught.

And then one random guy was enough to convince her to go out and risk her life? How much money is required to forget your own life and put yourself in such danger? 

Maybe I'm just disappointed, because I thought she is way smarter than this. 

And on top, look at WHO offered her money to get the phone. A random, delusional guy living in a small room with his (grand) parents. How much money can he have? The 601 guy at least carried large amounts of money around and gave it away like christmas candy. 

302 doesn't look like he can offer that much money. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
21 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

Perfect advertisement. Get vaccined now before you turn into a zombie.

Yea, indeed. And thankfully, I got fully vaccinated already months ago. We wont allowed to go back at work unless we did. 

22 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

Numbers are so much easier than names.

Good for you then. I'm bad with numbers. I dont remember which residents with only their numbers. The only names I memorized are sae bum and yi hyun.

22 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

He still is. He absolutely still is thinking of having an affair with her. That's the sole reason why he offered her a room.

Very stupid of him! Talking about the cheating husbands here, I want those zombies will bite the killer and the big mouth lawyer first. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
On 11/21/2021 at 2:06 AM, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle If this has your most hated character, I don't think I can ever watch this drama. Between General Go in River, Tae Jin in Dal-Li, and everyone in Reflection, I don't think I have the bandwidth to add another annoying character this year. :laugh:

But this drama is so good! I've watched your recommendations. I think you should totally make some bandwidth to add this drama!

6 hours ago, JenL said:

I feel the most sorry for Lady Hamburger though

Heck, I felt bad for here BEFORE the infection. Just watching the way her husband and son treat her has been really sad and maddening. And, she's actually trying to tell her husband and son that she's feeling off, but they don't even give her a chance to talk! She so thinks that she is not going to be supported if she is infected. They might even kick her out of the apartment.

6 hours ago, JenL said:

Although apartment representative lady is highly annoying, I did have to give her credit for being smart enough to identify a zombie 

Nope. She gets no credit. Since even after seeing a zombie, she gave her brother some water to drink despite being warned that zombies shouldn't drink water since it seems to facilitate their turning into zombie mode.

6 hours ago, JenL said:

I'm confused about what happens in a month though...Will the CEO die and become full zombie by then?

Yes, apparently the CEO and TS' wife will be dead in a month from the effects of the drug if they do not come up with an antidote.

Of course, I think the CEO should die anyway for his actions against humanity.

5 hours ago, JenL said:

To be fair, I suppose there are 2 sides of the 'being used'/ money argument. It's a bit like covid. If you're privleged enough to have money during a lockdown or be able to work from home, then staying home is a piece of cake and you should do it, or you're a terrible person infecting others. But if you're cut off from all resources, then you're also in danger of starving or not paying rent...which is a real 'practial' fear most people have. I guess it's easy to judge, but it's not always greed...sometimes it's a belief that they're being practical?

Good point, but what good is money if you're dead or a zombie? I think the real problem may be that the danger is not taken seriously enough. People always seem to think that they will be one of the survivors.

It is very like the COVID19 vaccination. In countries fortunate enough to have plenty of doses, there are still people who protest having to be vaccinated. They think that they don't need it or that it's fake or whatever. And, the people who protest being vaccinated are not an insignificant number.

3 hours ago, Dhakra said:

And then one random guy was enough to convince her to go out and risk her life? How much money is required to forget your own life and put yourself in such danger? 

Maybe I'm just disappointed, because I thought she is way smarter than this. 

I have to agree. Her first reaction of "I am not going outside!" was the right one. He must have offered her a LOT of money to go outside to overcome her initial resistance. That's probably why he didn't pay her up front. He probably didn't even actually have the money he promised her.

3 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Very stupid of him! Talking about the cheating husbands here, I want those zombies will bite the killer and the big mouth lawyer first. 

Yes! That would be good. Unfortunately, those kinds of cowards tend to be ones who don't get bitten, mostly because they are quick to push others to take the harm instead. Grrr.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

But this drama is so good! I've watched your recommendations. I think you should totally make some bandwidth to add this drama!

@TofuEven I had to convince lil' stroppstropp to give it a try. I was at the point where I more or less kneeled down and begged her to watch it. I was so glad she made some room. And now she loves it aswell. Even to the point where she recommends it to others. :pandahappyspoon: I really needed her here and the more people we are, the funnier it gets. :pandahappy: It really is a gem of a drama. 

Good point, but what good is money if you're dead or a zombie? I think the real problem may be that the danger is not taken seriously enough. People always seem to think that they will be one of the survivors.

Which puts me even in more disbelief. She saw it upclose, she probably spent one or two whole nights alone in a corner of the supermarket and knew there were zombies around her. 

He must have offered her a LOT of money to go outside to overcome her initial resistance. That's probably why he didn't pay her up front. He probably didn't even actually have the money he promised her.

Which surprises me quite a bit. For such a dangerous task, I would want to see hard proof the money exists or I get it upfront in form of beautiful bills. :pandatakeit: Or at least a transaction to my bank account. During the scene he had similar vibes as the 601 killerguy. Only focused on himself and not caring for others.  Maybe he was hoping something would happen to her too. 

601-killer, influencer-boy and lawyer-trash would make a great team. They should be a suicide squad. 

Yes! That would be good. Unfortunately, those kinds of cowards tend to be ones who don't get bitten, mostly because they are quick to push others to take the harm instead. Grrr

Even worse. Both were close to be bitten, but SB/YH saved them seconds before it. They did careless stuff, were all about personal profit, but were saved by the sympathy for life from our OTP. They received humanity, although they never even showed the same behavior.

Both would never safe someone and would be the first to throw others into the arms of zombies. 

I am absolutely sure lawyer-trash would throw his wife in front of zombies to safe his life. And just a few minutes later he would be with 601 mistress.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1