Happiness 해피니스 [2021]

2 hours ago, JenL said:

That's kind of what I confused about though...didn't the people have to make a whole deal going outside to get to the supermarket? So the supermarket wouldn't be linked to their apartment block? I'm assuming supermarket girl walked to work and back home too which is how she saw the phone on the ground just outside...unless there is an inside path, but I'm confused then why they would choose to take the outside path to go to the supermarket and then end up trapped at the door when representative lady didn't let them in....was it just because murderer guy offered them cash to go outside so they took the outside route to the supermarket?

It's a very big apartment complex with many towers. I am assuming the supermarket, being a public/common facility for all the residents, is located somewhere central within the complex, on ground floor, to be accessed by everyone easily. So the residents would have to walk out of their building to these facilities. Well, except the gym it seems. Maybe their building happen to be the place they place the gym facilities.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Wait.....I am confused. What timeline are we talking about?

302 lost his phone on the way back from the supermarket directly in front of the building. Cutey supermarket girl also mentioned it in last episode. When they rescued supermarket girl and brought in all kinds of supplies from there, he lost it in front of the building. I doubt after they went back into the building, supermarket girl returned to the supermarket, because YH & SB also closed the fence before it. They also blocked the entrance from the apartment complex completely. 

She just noticed it when it fell to the ground. 

Ahh, I see. I think I need to re-watch the scene to understand the timeline a bit better. Supermarket girl went back with the group instead of by herself right? You think she should have been scared from just seeing everyone's reaction of fears and from seeing the mad group rush into the shops, even if she didn't witness zombies eating other people...Nahhh, zombie dramas/films,  there's always people who doubt (even if they're a little scared) until they see the actual zombie feasting. :JuiceGhost:

Still, if I would say: "Jen, if I give you 50 Million Won, you go outside to a place potentially flooded with blood-thirsty zombies, risking your young life, retrieve my phone and give it back to me? Wouldn't you at least check if I really have the money? 

I mean, if I would risk my life for a total stranger, I would at least make sure the deal is genuine. 

Ohhh I see where you're coming from. You think she was a bit daft since it's not like he flashed the physical cash in her face the way murderer guy did. Me, I'm careful, so I definitely would not have done that since I always have checks and balances when I'm dealing with a unofficial transaction...and as I said, if there was a reported zombie outbreak I would have already quit my supermarket job and gotten out my weapons since I am a total believer of the possibility of zombies...so no way I would leave the building even if someone offered me a billion $$$ :KittyGun::lol:. But I have met people who don't check before they jump into things - not sure if super trusting, super impulsive or super stupid :laugh: I thought you were just wondering why someone would still care about getting money in the time of zombies....and I guess my thoughts are there will always be those slow to belief of the zombies who will go on with life (and worrying about everyday making money) till it's too late :idk:

I totally agree. :laugh: Let's be honest. Without YH & SB everyone would be a zombie by now and the drama would have lasted two episodes.

So so so true. Hahaha those 2 are carrying EVERYONE in the apartments. They're the only leaders and the only ones who are thinking ahad and trying to manage everyone. :eeeee:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

1 hour ago, JenL said:

So so so true. Hahaha those 2 are carrying EVERYONE in the apartments. They're the only leaders and the only ones who are thinking ahad and trying to manage everyone. 

We have to give SY some credit as well. When YH and SB were trapped outside and crazy representative ajumma wouldn't let them in, SY is the one who managed to unlock the door.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2
10 hours ago, JenL said:

Ahh, I see. I think I need to re-watch the scene to understand the timeline a bit better. Supermarket girl went back with the group instead of by herself right? You think she should have been scared from just seeing everyone's reaction of fears and from seeing the mad group rush into the shops, even if she didn't witness zombies eating other people...Nahhh, zombie dramas/films,  there's always people who doubt (even if they're a little scared) until they see the actual zombie feasting

Supermarket girl was never with the group to begin with. She probably stayed at the supermarket all day & night during the lockdown. Just after the group rescued her, she went with them. 

10 hours ago, JenL said:

Ohhh I see where you're coming from. You think she was a bit daft since it's not like he flashed the physical cash in her face the way murderer guy did. Me, I'm careful, so I definitely would not have done that since I always have checks and balances when I'm dealing with a unofficial transaction...and as I said, if there was a reported zombie outbreak

Exactly! Me too, I wouldn't offer anyone a deal aswell. I would live like 1501, hid in my room and sit it out. 

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

We have to give SY some credit as well. When YH and SB were trapped outside and crazy representative ajumma wouldn't let them in, SY is the one who managed to unlock the door.

True, but I think at least SB would have forced her way in somehow. She totally would have shot the glass or found another way in. 

But you are correct, SY earns credit aswell. 

44 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

When Hyung Sik did the blood smearing scene, he's so close to the other actor when he delivered his lines ... I honestly think there may be saliva spitting involved 😅 especially when he said the word "pi" (blood). Just a hunch... lol.

And the tension between the OTP from 2:18 onwards, at the end I thought he was about to kiss her. 

It it so weird to see 601 so friendly and laughing. He is such a good actor.

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Park Hyung Sik And Han Hyo Joo Are Stuck In A Life-Threatening Situation In “Happiness”

Nov 25, 2021 by L. Kim

Park Hyung Sik and Han Hyo Joo just can’t seem to catch a break in “Happiness”!

“Happiness” is an apocalyptic urban thriller set in the near future inside an apartment building that is stratified by social standing. The high-rise apartment is sealed off when a new infectious disease emerges, and the drama depicts the fear, psychological battles, and desperate struggles for survival that ensue.

Han Hyo Joo stars in the drama as Yoon Sae Bom, a tactical agent in the Seoul Police Special Operations Unit, while Park Hyung Sik stars as detective Jung Yi Hyun, her former high school classmate who has feelings for her.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, the infectious disease situation took a new turn. There were additional outbreaks that caused tension to escalate. Moreover, it was hinted that the power and water may shut off soon. Will Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun be able to survive safely in the midst of this deadly disease?

New stills hint that Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun will get involved in more dangerous situations. One photo depicts the two facing Kim Seung Beom (Joo Jong Hyuk), who is suffering from extreme thirst. Kim Seung Beom eventually loses all logic and lunges at Jung Yi Hyun. Jung Yi Hyun narrowly blocks his attack, but how long will he be able to keep fighting Kim Seung Beom? In addition, Han Tae Suk (Jo Woo Jin) appears in the building, piquing curiosity about his unexpected visit to the quarantined area.

happiness8.jpg

The drama’s producers shared, “An infected patient has invaded apartment building 101, where the line of defense has collapsed. At the same time, someone has gone missing. The changes in people with extreme anxiety and fear will bring intense confusion. Please wait and see what choices they will make for survival.”

Source

• Like 6

601 is called the "human trash can" and "cockcroach" 🤣

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

7 Types Of People You’ll Find In A Pandemic As Shown In Episodes 5-6 Of “Happiness”

Nov 25, 2021 by shalini

Happiness” is back! Matters heat up in Building 101 of the Seyang Forest Le Ciel Apartments as infectees from the other buildings take control of the outdoors, cutting off our residents’ access to the boxed meals coming from Han Tae Seok’s (Jo Woo Jin) team outside. As Yoon Sae Bom (Han Hyo Joo) and Jung Yi Hyun (Park Hyung Sik) wade through the turbulent politics of managing so many big personalities in a cramped space, “Happiness” uses each personality type to comment on human selfishness and the lawlessness that results when societal rules are no longer useful.

Here are the seven types of personalities the show depicts as found in a pandemic:

Warning: spoilers for episodes 5-6 below.

The hypocrite

Spoiler

Bae-Hae-Sun.png

Oh Yeon Ok (Bae Hae Sun) initially refuses to believe that there are infectees running around outside at all. Only Sae Bom, Yi Hyun, and Kim Seung Beom (Joo Jong Hyuk) witness the initial attacks in the parking lot, which leave a bloody handprint as proof of anyone having been there at all. Thus, the other residents are more inclined to go along with Yeon Ok’s lead, especially since she’s the temporary building representative.

However, after seeing for herself that other infectees are indeed out there and will stop at nothing for a quick feed, Yeon Ok does a complete 180 and is willing to kill six residents, including Sae Bom and Yi Hyun, if it means that she is safe. Her airs and graces go out of the window as she screeches like a hen that no one can enter without her saying so. Thankfully, Seo Yoon (Song Ji Woo) is able to foil her plans, but it’s a stunning display of the hypocrisy people show in times of crisis, willing to risk other’s lives where they stand to gain and willing to throw those same people away where they could potentially be placed at risk.

The compassionate

Spoiler

happiness-141-e1637610272105.jpg

But not everyone is all that awful. Na Hyun Kung (Park Hee Bon) offers what food she has to the cleaning couple who temporarily reside in unit 201, as does Lawyer Kook’s (Park Hyung Soo) wife Shin So Yoon (Jung Woon Sun). Yi Hyun’s policeman mentor Kim Jung Look (Lee Joon Hyuk) ensures that the cleaning lady Nam Mi Jung has a place to stay for the night.

These same residents also vote to prevent Kim Seung Beom from being thrown off the building upon discovering that he’s infected. Despite the very large personalities of the more vile characters in “Happiness”, the quieter, compassionate residents end up being the silent majority, proving that not all is lost, even if a vampiric virus is sweeping the nation.

The egotist

Spoiler

Park-Hyoung-Soo.png

However, there are some people who manage to make everything about themselves. Lawyer Kook forgets that he has a wife five seconds after meeting Woo Sang Hee (Moon Ye Won) and pulls out every nasty trick in the playbook including peering up at her legs. She’s pretty used to the attention and more than happy to use it to her advantage, shamelessly flirting with him while rummaging through an unsuspecting Oh Joo Hyeong’s (Baek Hyun Jin) apartment for the mysterious object she’s lost.

Poor Shin So Yoon, unaware of her husband’s roving eye, even calls Sae Beom to help rescue this money-hungry wastrel from a deserved grave and is belittled for her trouble. When she dares have a different opinion from him, Lawyer Kook goes as far as to say that she’s nothing more than a secretary and that he should never have married her. Worst husband ever.

The sleazy opportunist/psychopath

Spoiler

happiness-271-e1637610352691.jpg

But no husband is as bad as Oh Joo Hyeong. Having managed to kill his wife, this human trash can is quite pleased at the lockdown because it gives him time to get rid of anyone who knows the truth: specifically, Yi Hyun and Sae Bom. He eggs Yeon Ok on when she prevents their re-entry into the building, playing recordings of his wife’s screeches post-transformation. Hearing the sounds sets off a chain reaction that has all the infectees converging upon our main couple and could have killed them if it weren’t for Seo Yoon.

Joo Hyeong takes such pleasure in belittling everyone. He goes after Seung Bom, forces out the location of the remaining pills from him, triggers the man’s transformation, then attempts to kill him for it. He’s the very worst character in the show (tied only with Chairman Choi Seok Ju) and has had so many close calls at this point that it’s infuriating that he isn’t dead. Here’s hoping this cockroach dies soon. (Baek Hyun Jin’s doing such a good job as a villain that I hope he isn’t typecast!)

The unflappable

Spoiler

Han-Joon-Woo.png

Yet, amidst all this trash, are people like Andrew (Lee Joo Seung) and Kim Se Hun (Han Jun Woo), the t-shirt-requesting owner of unit 1501. Come what may, these people are unshakable. They stay calm during crises and are more than capable of taking care of themselves and others if need be. There appears to be more to Se Hun than meets the eye, with him having bought so much of the Next pill, but there’s no denying that he’s always been ready for the end since day one.

The soldier

Spoiler

Jo-Woo-Jin3-e1637610409177.jpeg

Han Tae Seok, however, is trying to stave off the end as much as he can. His wife has only a month more to live under present conditions, and there’s no cure in sight for this virus, now being called the Lytta virus. Pressure is piling as the number of infectees surge, bodies are carted off to the landfill without any place for storage, and protestors call for an end to the blockades. The latter group has Tae Seok between a rock and a hard place.

jo-woo-jin.gif

jo-woo-jin2.gif

If he lifts the blockades as the protestors wish and lets the infectees run free, the entire country will be infected within 72 hours minimum. If he admits to the government that none of their potential cures are working, the government will start killing all infectees in an attempt to stop the spread. Tae Seok doesn’t consider the infectees fully human, but he’s no hypocrite. He won’t save his wife and sit back as the government kills all other infectees. So he lies to the government and presses Lieutenant Lee Ji Soo (Park Joo Hee) to keep trying all possible cures because a soldier’s job is to think about the greater good. Tae Seok is willing to be the bad guy in everyone’s eyes if it means saving as many lives as he can, especially because he knows that he unwittingly helped this whole thing begin in the first place by getting Next approved for distribution.

The power couple

Spoiler

Finally, we have the power couple. The fearsome duo that weathers everything out together. Panic buying? In moderation. Protecting each other? Always.

Beating down bad guys? Only when necessary (and Oh Joo Hyeong really deserved it). And why not take turns beating down the same bad guy?

park-hyung-sik-bae-hyun-jin.gif

park-hyung-sik-baek-hyun-jin2.gif

han-hyo-joo-baek-hyun-jin.gif

han-hyo-joo-baek-hyun-jin1.gif

Communication? Healthy and thriving.

park-hyung-sik-han-hyo-joo1.gif

park-hyung-sik-han-hyo-joo21.gif

Backing each other up at all times and talking out disagreements in private? Always.

db54dbbcbefa801268135ce8e85dbfb39b0c89f1

2445db30369493ef4b6485581666fa0c252bb7db

Even if Sae Bom disagrees with Yi Hyun’s overly kindhearted decisions (like accompanying the group that wants to go outside), she goes with him anyway because she’s not about to leave him on his own. And vice versa.

Lytta virus who? Lockdown or no lockdown, these two are going strong, ready to take on anything. And they’ll need that rock solid foundation, because Building 101’s first line of defense has been breached and a free-for-all is about to begin.

With only 12 episodes, “Happiness” hasn’t let up its breakneck pace and makes use of every inch of screen time to funnel in as much as possible. The drama is billed as a thriller/horror rather than a romance, so it’s unclear as to where our main couple is headed given that we haven’t had many overtly romantic moments. Perhaps the drama’s going for a more of a subtle attachment than outright romance, but it wouldn’t hurt to have some love in the time of the Lytta virus!

Source

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

601 is called the "human trash can" and "cockcroach"

Unfortunately when Chinese calls someone a cockroach (小强), it means they are hard to kill and won't die. :pandarage:

18 hours ago, Dhakra said:

And the tension between the OTP from 2:18 onwards, at the end I thought he was about to kiss her. 

I like the rehearsal bit where she was like a chipmunk chewing on the mandarins and Hyung Sik suggested to just pick her up. I hope we'll get a kiss near the end (i.e. normal human kiss).

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

@mademoiselle I agree, this actor is good (in fact most of the Prison Playbook actors are 👌). It's the eyes. and that fake smile 😨

But I don't understand why she just stood there and watched. It's her brother. I would think the natural reaction is to quickly pull him back before the door closes. Or go whack the zombie.

19 hours ago, Dhakra said:

I would live like 1501, hid in my room and sit it out.

I'm like Dhakra too. I am amazed these people are walking around the building like nothing's happening. And no attending community meetings in person - zoom please!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
7 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

But I don't understand why she just stood there and watched. It's her brother. I would think the natural reaction is to quickly pull him back before the door closes. Or go whack the zombie.

The natural reaction is freak out - either you freeze then fight or flight. She chose flight. Hahaha but hey, no more annoying family member to snatch her house! Win! xD

9 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

And no attending community meetings in person - zoom please!

No internet connection how to Zoom?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I hope we'll get a kiss near the end (i.e. normal human kiss).

Or we do something hella cheesy :smug: 

Sae Bom gets bitten, still no cure available, she's about to turn, he is crying and in a last, desperate attempt to save the love of his life, he kisses her and during the kiss the zombie transformation stops, she completely turns back to normal, a little tear runs down her eye aswell.

And due to that, they learned that the cure is love! :laugh::pandacoolsip:

9 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I'm like Dhakra too. I am amazed these people are walking around the building like nothing's happening. And no attending community meetings in person - zoom please!

Exactly, barricade the door. Only communicate via zoom or, if the internet is broken, via morse code or between doors.

I may let supermarket girl in though. :pandablush:

• Haha 6

Tension Escalates As Park Hyung Sik And Han Hyo Joo Pull Out Their Guns In “Happiness”

Nov 26, 2021 by L. Kim

Park Hyung Sik will go to the ends of the earth to protect Han Hyo Joo in tvN’s “Happiness”!

“Happiness” is an apocalyptic urban thriller set in the near future inside an apartment building that is stratified by social standing. The high-rise apartment is sealed off when a new infectious disease emerges, and the drama depicts the fear, psychological battles, and desperate struggles for survival that ensue.

Han Hyo Joo stars in the drama as Yoon Sae Bom, a tactical agent in the Seoul Police Special Operations Unit, while Park Hyung Sik stars as detective Jung Yi Hyun, her former high school classmate who has feelings for her.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, the infectious disease situation took a new turn. There were additional outbreaks, and one patient from a different building wreaked havoc by entering apartment 101. The episode ended with Jung Yi Hyun rushing to rescue Yoon Sae Bom, who had gone into a suspicious tenant’s apartment.

On November 26, “Happiness” unveiled new stills that showed a glimpse of a thrilling moment. First off, Yoon Sae Bom is aiming a gun at Han Tae Suk (Jo Woo Jin). Blood is caked on her face, and her cold eyes hint that some kind of crisis has occurred. In a preview of the next episode, Han Tae Suk claimed that, if needed, he will make Yoon Sae Bom get bitten by an infected patient.

Other photos show Jung Yi Hyun attempting to rescue Yoon Sae Bom. Stiff with rage, he points a gun at a vehicle that is about to depart. Jung Yi Hyun always had suspicions about Han Tae Suk’s motives, and their strained confrontation raises questions about what will happen next.

happiness-19.jpg

happiness-28.jpg

happiness-37.jpg

The drama’s producers teased, “Please pay attention to Han Tae Suk’s mysterious moves and the restless residents’ choices. The secret that Yoon Sae Bom is asymptomatic will also be revealed. Please don’t miss Jung Yi Hyun’s fierce struggle to protect Yoon Sae Bom who is in crisis.”

Episode 7 of “Happiness” will air on November 26 at 10:40 p.m. KST.

Source

• Like 5

“Happiness” Co-Stars Park Hyung Sik And Han Hyo Joo Discuss Their Drama And Praise Each Other

han-hyo-joo-park-hyung-sik-11.jpg

Park Hyung Sik and Han Hyo Joo spoke about their tvN drama “Happiness” in a photo shoot with Elle!

Spoiler

han-hyo-joo-park-hyung-sik-2.jpg

During the interview, Han Hyo Joo talked about her bold and perceptive character Yoon Sae Bom. She said, “As soon as I read the script, I thought she was no different from me. I liked how I was able to portray myself. Just like Yoon Sae Bom, I act first, think later, and my appetite is also similar to hers.”

Regarding her co-star Park Hyung Sik, she commented, “Park Hyung Sik has good energy that brightens his surroundings. When he comes to the set, everything automatically lights up.”

park-hyung-sik-21.jpg

“Happiness” is Park Hyung Sik’s first post-military drama. The actor remarked, “[The drama] was attractive because the characters were simply and clearly expressed and the developments coolly unfolded. The action scenes also tried to capture survival-type actions that could be used when a real detective is faced with extreme situations”

Then he praised Han Hyo Joo, saying, “Sometimes she’s like an affectionate nuna, and at other times, she’s playful and free-spirited. Filming consumed a lot of my physical strength, but thanks to her, I was able to endure well.”

park-hyung-sik-11.jpg

Han Hyo Joo and Park Hyung Sik’s full interview and pictorial will be released in the December issue of Elle.

source

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

Summary recaps for Ep 7

2021112619263810353_1.jpg

On this day, Yoon Sae-bom (Han Hyo-joo) and Jeong Yi-hyeon (Park Hyung-sik) faced off with Kim Seung-beom (Joo Jong-hyuk), a man infected with madness at the gym. Sae-Bom Yoon and Yi-Hyun Jeong tried to suppress him, believing that one day he could be cured. At this time, Han Tae-seok shot from behind and Kim Seung-beom died.

Yoon Sae-bom was angry, saying, "Kim Seung-beom was able to talk." But Han Tae-seok said, "There are many people who have lost their families outside. Mothers bite their daughters and wives bite their husbands."

Yoon Sae-bom showed the bite of an infected person and asked, "This doesn't heal. What's the reason? You didn't look at me while I was watering, so I'll be honest." Han Tae-seok replied, "You still have a virus in your body," and Yoon Sae-bom further asked, "Will I bite people ?" Han Tae-seok answered, "That's why I asked to have blood drawn every two weeks."

Jeong Yi-hyun asked Han Tae-seok about Yoon Sae-bom's status while Yoon Sae-bom was away. When Han Tae-seok answered, "You don't have to worry about the wound until it discolors. It's harmless until the virus enters the brain." Jeong Yi-hyun said, "There are many people who are better than Saebom, aren't there?"

However, Han Tae-seok said, "There were 4 people. All of them were infected. In the end, it was a matter of time and they couldn't avoid the disease," said Han Tae-seok. Han Tae-seok replied, "We are looking for an antibody that can penetrate the brain. Before that, it is impossible to develop a treatment. The situation will keep getting worse. Until we find an antibody," he replied.

Afterwards, Yoon Sae-bom asked Jeong Yi-hyun, "If you get sick, what will you do?" Jeong Yi-hyun reassured me, "I might get sick. If I get sick, thirsty and want to bite people, then I'll definitely tell you. So, if you have any issues, tell me."

Han Tae-seok warned the apartment residents to prepare for martial law throughout the Republic of Korea for four days, and water and electricity would be cut off in the meantime.

Yoon Sae-bom said to Han Tae-seok, "I think you came to take me, but I don't know why." Then he asked, "Does this have anything to do with it?" Han Tae-seok said, "An antibody came from Yoon Sae-bom. First, we need to check whether the antibody is useful. If necessary, even by getting an infected person to bite you."

When Han Tae-seok loaded Yoon Sae-bom into the car, Jeong Yi-hyun waited at the entrance of the parking lot with a gun. When Han Tae-seok arrived at the entrance to the parking lot, Yoon Sae-bom pointed her gun at Han Tae-seok. Yoon Sae-bom got out of the car and stood with Jeong Yi-hyun.

Yoon Sae-bom finally allowed blood to be drawn as she said it was for the development of a treatment.

2021112619263810353_2.jpg

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring