The Red Sleeve Cuff 옷소매 붉은 끝동 [2021-22]

'Red sleeves' Lee Jun-ho x Lee Se-young,

Pre-release of 'complete chemistry' Behind the Scenes efore the first broadcast...

FD3nY9QaAAEeSHq?format=jpg&name=small

Lee Seyoung Twitter Update

42 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Thanks @czakhareina for the updates. Still, why do I feel as if there will be a lot of sadness in this romance? Perhaps because it is going to be more faithful to the historical records that they have, and RL tends to be so much messier than fiction?

Still, it'll be good to see Junho in a drama again,

I've read some info in  the writer/novel. it does say that Wring Kang Mikang thoroughly researched on DeokIm thus yes it will definitely more aligned to reality than the other Saguek dramas of 2021.

I actually thought it was going to be somewhat bittersweet, much like what  Yisan was. But yesterday, someone who read the novel stated some spoiler-y things in MDL. And I got some insight that  we will certainly be going through so such sadness in this romance. 

RL is definitely much less flowery paths than dramas, plus since this is a Harem drama, well that life and journey is not only less flowery it is very much treacherous. 

but the first episode seems like there will be a bunch of adorableness... so I'll soak that in, to bottle up and wait for the melo to come at later episodes...

and today is the Press Conference!!!

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Today's Schedule:

2PM’s Lee Junho Pleads With Lee Se Young To Help Him In “The Red Sleeve” Teaser

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 10, 2021 | by L. Kim

MBC’s upcoming drama “The Red Sleeve” released a preview of the first episode!

Based on a novel, “The Red Sleeve” is a traditional historical drama that tells the record of an imperial court romance between court lady Seong Deok Im (Lee Se Young), who wanted to protect the life she had chosen, and emperor Yi San (2PM’s Lee Junho), who put the nation first before love.

The newly released teaser beings with King Yeongjo (Lee Deok Hwa) saying, “The court ladies’ sleeves are dyed red because it symbolizes that they are the king’s women.” The young Seong Deok Im receives training to be a proper court lady, but her voiceover claims she doesn’t want to serve Yi San. However, Court Lady Seo (Jang Hye Jin) tells her she should have pride about her job.

Seong Deok Im and Yi San are now adults, and he pulls her into a private room to beg for her help, saying, “Please. You’re the only one who can do this.” She doesn’t look too sure, but she doesn’t seem to have much of a choice either. The clip ends with the younger Seok Deok Im claiming, “I’m the crown prince’s court lady. He is my master.”

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1497833wpp/watch-2pms-lee-junho-pleads-with-lee-se-young-to-help-him-in-the-red-sleeve-teaser

New Behind the Scene Stills is funny:

Spoiler

FD4OJTPakAUnZyK?format=jpg&name=medium

FD3qCRbaQAAF1nQ?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Kang Hoon Ready for Press Conference

'The Red Sleeve Cuff' OST lineup feat. MAMAMOO’s Wheein, NU’EST's Hwang Minhyun & more

by Anwaya Mane   |  Updated on Nov 06, 2021 

MBC has unveiled the official OST lineup for 'The Red Sleeve Cuff' starring 2PM's Lee Junho and Lee Se Young in titular roles. It is revealed that MAMAMOO's Wheein, NU'EST's Hwang Minhyun, Ben and Jeong Sewoon will feature in the first OST lineup for the drama. 'The Red Sleeve' will premiere on MBC on November 12 at 10 pm KST (6:30 pm IST).

TOON STUDIO, who is in charge of producing the OST for MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama introduced the first lineup of singers, who will be singing for the drama, raising expectations for the much-awaited drama. The drama will showcase an epic royal romance and the OST will be in sync with the theme of the drama.  MAMAMOO's Wheein, NU'EST's Hwang Minhyun, Ben and Jeong Sewoon are some of the most notable vocalists of the industry and are well appreciated for their charming vocals and unique vocal tones and it is believed that their beautiful voices will add more gravitas to the plot. 

Based on a novel of the same name, 'The Red Sleeve Cuff' tells the record of a royal court romance between the King of Joseon who believes his duty is to his country first above love, and a court lady who wants to protect the life she has chosen. 2PM's Lee Junho plays Yi San, eventually crowned as Joseon King Jeonjo is the perfectionist grandson of King Yeongjo. His father's death has left a deep emotional scar in his heart, as he constantly tries to be a benevolent king to his subjects. 

On the other hand, Lee Se Young will star as Seong Deok Im, who later becomes Royal Noble Consort Ui. A strong and fierce lady who wants to live the life of her choice, rather than being part of the king's tribe of women! Stay tuned to Pinkvilla for further updates. 

LINK: https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/red-sleeve-cuff-ost-lineup-feat-mamamoo-s-wheein-nu-ests-hwang-minhyun-more-934244

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 3

The Red Sleeve Cuff Teaser: Lee Jun Ho and Lee Se Young’s bond raises suspicion

Simran Khannaon November 9, 2021

MBC dropped the much-awaited teaser of the upcoming Korean drama The Red Sleeve Cuff. The K-drama will be starring Lee Se Young, Lee Jun Ho and Kang Hoon in lead roles. The Red Sleeve Cuff teaser begins with a throwback clip in which Kang Hoon and Lee Jun Ho are seen as kids who grow close as cousins and friends. They were really strong as siblings but things start to change when Lee Se Young tumbles into their life and Lee Jun Ho is occupied with the thoughts of Se Young. The teaser has intrigued the fans more as we get a glimpse of the sidetracks and other characters in the drama.

The historical genre in Korean dramas is always loved by fans due to its extravagant scale and rich culture. The old school romance always gets to the fans who swoon over the lead couple endlessly. The Red Sleeve Cuff showcases the perfect chemistry between the couple which is palpable.

The Red Sleeve Cuff is set in the initial phase of the 1700s in Korea. We see Yi San (Lee Jun Ho) as a reserved and perfectionist young prince who is haunted by his father’s death. But he is next in line to take the throne after his evil grandfather passes away. But he is determined to be the revolutionary king, unlike the others.

LINK: https://www.bollywoodbubble.com/international/the-red-sleeve-cuff-teaser-lee-jun-ho-lee-se-young-bond-raises-suspicion/

Lee Seyoung's company Instagram update

• Like 1
  • Party! 2

Press Conference

2PM | November 11, 2021

Fan live translation

credit @ok_bingu & @sillysone | twitter

• Lee deokhwa talked about the 15% viewership rating that junho said he’ll dance and lee deokhwa pledge something about fishing
  • lee deokhwa also praised junho saying “you’re an ok guy” which is cute and junho was being shy
  • host asked whether junho feels burdened by doing a king role and he said he does feel it and head to change those small things like using the chopsticks with his right hand and he’s not sure whether that scene would come out ok 
  • junho just sighed and the host was like ohhhh it feels like lee san is here
  • Q was there a lot of people who portrayed lee san already so how did junho prepare for the character & he said he bought a lot of books & tried to find similarities between him & lee san like how lee san would lecture the court ladies
  • (LDW) he said younger people know his as a fisherman and he gets a bit upset
  • lee deokhwa said he knew junho as a singer & not an actor so he kind of was thinking whether junho will be able to do well but now he believes and trusts in junho
  • the host mentioned a number of sageuk dramas and 어사와조이 was mentioned and i think she was asked like 옷소매붉은끝동 is like different or something
  • the actor that plays young Yi San says he wants to be a cool actor like Junho
  •  junho said it’s fortunate to have met seyoung in the drama and the she is a mood maker and he is currently enjoying filming. seyoung also said that when she heard junho is casted she thinks the drama had a great casting
  • seyoung also said she is learning a lot from nunho and junho has concentration on set 

• They talked about the online casting that many of the book readers wanted Seyoung to portray Deokim. Seyoung felt honored and thankful Smiling face
  • The director also mentioned Seyoung as young Geumyong in Dae Jang Geum, then Park Kyunglim said she grew up well 
  • Seyoung wondered why Seong Deokim refused a king's favor (considering that era). As she read and acted through it, she came to understand Seong Deokim. She felt a lot of pain while reading the actual story 
  • The director watched Kairos and said Seyoung worked really hard for it (physically as well), so she wondered if Seyoung would be up to be casted in #TheRedSleeve 
    Seyoung actually accepted it rather fast
  • Junho and Seyoung are happy to work with each other
  • Seyoung was asked about memorable lines? But she said rather than line there's particular breathing (????) scene that should be looked forward to?? idk they're also not prepared for that answer
  • Young Deokim, Lee Seola's message:
    "She's happy to act here. she wants to take selca with Seyoung and tightly-closed eyes and to be good actress like her

• The way they laughed as she said breathing sound when she's asked about lines 

• Also, if anyone wasn't aware yet, San and Deokim are teenagers in early episodes, Seyoung said she's 18 (San wasn't much older than her) 

Edited by czakhareina
  • Party! 3

Press Conference

Site Pictures

November 11, 2021

Cast: (L to R) Kang Hoon, Lee Junho,, Lee Deokhwa, Jung Ji-In (Director) Lee Seyoung, Park Jiyoung, Jang Heejin

FD5ENsKaMAA2UJl?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

FD5ENYUaIAAzr-p?format=jpg&name=largeFD5EN_qacAIyxNe?format=jpg&name=largeFD5EOTHacAAgics?format=jpg&name=largeFD5EcLkaMAAG-pD?format=jpg&name=small

Lee Junho & Lee Seyoung

FD5Ej6RaAAAU0mG?format=jpg&name=900x900

Spoiler

FD5Cm1SVQAEY2NX?format=jpg&name=large

FD5ExeraUAQyQuw?format=jpg&name=900x900FD5By-jVgAMHrMQ?format=jpg&name=mediumFD5By7zVEAEtgEx?format=jpg&name=medium

FD5F6m0agAEXNWh?format=jpg&name=medium

FD5FduyagAM20Cv?format=jpg&name=medium

FD5Fd6uacAAMt_b?format=jpg&name=large

Lee Seyoung

Spoiler

FD5ERcMaQAAfufp?format=jpg&name=large

FD5ERwXaAAE388X?format=jpg&name=largeFD5ESD5aMAAaV8i?format=jpg&name=large

FD5ESTyaQAA8EVr?format=jpg&name=large

Lee Junho

Spoiler

FD5GupBacAEvyQI?format=jpg&name=900x900

FD5GuopaMAINTJn?format=jpg&name=900x900FD5GupYaUAAuB9E?format=jpg&name=900x900FD5GuptagAIlbR4?format=jpg&name=900x900FD5FKkCagAEx9P3?format=jpg&name=large

Kang Hoon

Lee DeokHwa

Park Jiyoung

Jang HeeJin

Edited by czakhareina
  • Party! 3
18 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

This is so cute!

that is definitely one of my fave behind the scenes shot.. along with the clip where they were doing harry potter wand games... kekekeke

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

These two are so cute...let's get some happy moments now...am sure later in the show it will be angsty

I will savor the adorable meet-cute and Lee San impersonating Deokro... kekekeke

2PM's Junho X Lee Se Young gather excitement for their chemistry on MBC's new drama 'The Red Sleeve'

1636616457-download-4-1.jpg

Posted by jieun-im | Nov 11, 2021 (ALLKPOP)

On November 11, 2PM's Junho and actress Lee Se Young attended the online press conference for their new MBC drama 'The Red Sleeve'. Here, the cast members each made a promise to viewers once 15% in viewership ratings was reached. Director Jung Ji In stated, "While the drama 'Yi San' is a great drama that includes important elements of the historical period, we focus on melodrama. Even if there is a political scene, we focus on the emotional angle of the characters."

The cast members also expressed their wishes to achieve 15% in viewership ratings, and made a promise to keep if their goal was reached. Junho stated, "If [our drama] surpasses 15%, I will dance while wearing the Gonryongpo (traditional clothes of Kings during the historical period).. To be honest, there is nothing I can't do [if we reach 15%." In response to this, veteran actor Lee Duk Hwa drew laughter by stating, "Then I'll go fishing".

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Press Conference

Behind the Scenes B/W

November 11, 2021

credit MBC

Back stage

• Poster signing: Junho & Lee DeokHwa

e6d2267493601b25cea926d376e7bb7f5e41f850

Spoiler

3987980408f8fbd0d0af9f9e92d16a5959d70eac

851d446952065292c80efaf46a63e6526fdd5e3d8a7df46104b32158fb576dcc9d448a08fd737782

• Jang HeeJina and Le Seyoung chemi with Park Jiyoung at the background

aa19656bf7ba4b05f220935ce2c0193f09e8c83d

Spoiler

9e0b6edf1469c6bec11149d2a4aa15c79f494495283d5cd68e2937ed36f6c357437747a2da4e17de21e3529ea7e4fcca19850fa4a9f597ffc62616f8

• Park Jiyoung with Host KyungLim
Spoiler

3bc953b5c9485036234253a072270ed5ea438a94

• Kang Hoon
Spoiler

0d59939350ca61b79bc31a7b4f1ef2c69c8d7d8b

a0d8bcc8a1e695cf1038795cd044bbe5054c085f

Photo Session

• Lee Seyoung X Lee Junho
Spoiler

98324c2a220c9795fa16472abe9e596c94dae7e7730f5de3ed9453ac4a4bb03d3011f08ba7f9c2d3

• Lee Junho
Spoiler

7ea5d599b148e9c62444f6ab304856749a9013c1293aa796f086c63044368f9498b74076cd3ef5d8ddd135897b5f78d06e2e80253683abc151a19338

• Lee Seyoung
Spoiler

f2a6ba9aa9e42dd59933c9d3ce92775d4653065d8315228eabce8c307c649d5fa1da44e8647b047c

• Kang Hoon
Spoiler

51bb6d8cfe3c4b7ac6a2f781c5ac17d3fbdba4446e11324fcc6873f9f2a15867ff3fedb5f2b2d433

• Group 
Spoiler

c27b7ee0153b25e74fea48d9995775e87c44481a2d44d7b1556d1f6f8516fa0b9b6b32cb2137a6cce890519c32b1f052dbd99595cb35830a555bcfb9

more colored pics here: http://m.imbc.com/imbbs/imbbslist/1005299100000100000?bid=redsleeve_photo&pos=tv

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 3

2PM’s Lee Junho, Lee Se Young, And More Share How They Prepared For Their Traditional Historical Drama “The Red Sleeve”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t
Nov 11, 2021 by C. Hong

On November 11, MBC’s new drama “The Red Sleeve” held an online press conference with actors Lee Junho, Lee Se Young, Kang Hoon, Lee Deok Hwa, Park Ji Young, Jang Hee Jin, and producing director (PD) Jung Ji In.

Based on a novel, “The Red Sleeve” is a traditional historical drama that tells the record of an imperial court romance between a court lady named Seong Deok Im (Lee Se Young), who wanted to protect the life she had chosen, and emperor Yi San (2PM’s Lee Junho), who put the nation first before love.

The drama is based on the real historical figures King Jeongjo, the 22nd ruler of the Joseon dynasty (born under the name Yi San), and royal concubine Ui of the Seong clan (Seong Deok Im).

the-red-sleeve.jpeg

the-red-sleeve-2.jpeg

PD Jung Ji In said, “This is different from the fusion sageuks [historical dramas]. We based our drama on real historical figures, so there were areas where we had to stay within the lines and proper settings. I think that being creative and showing our actors’ character immersion within those limits is what sets us apart.”

Asked about the difference between “The Red Sleeve” and the previous epic historical drama “Yi San,” also based on King Jeongjo, the PD said, “That was an epic sageuk. When I saw that drama as a young assistant PD, I thought that it felt very much like a traditional historical drama. Our drama is more focused on the emotions between people. We focus on the political and romance parts. I wasn’t able to meet the original novelist, but I heard that she regretted that so many documents about King Jeongjo and Ui-bin Seong were revealed after the novel was published, and we put a lot of those into our drama.”

Lee Deok Hwa, who plays King Yeongjo, King Jeongjo’s grandfather, said, “People avoid historical dramas these days. It takes more time compared to other dramas, and the production costs are higher, and you need to hire a lot of people. It’s tough for a lot of reasons, but director Jung is not the type to fall behind others. It’s my first time working with a female director, but it was three times better than working with a male director, both physically and mentally. I was drawn to her sincerity.”

Spoiler

lee-deok-hwa.jpeg

About playing a respected historical figure, Lee Junho said, “He’s a real historical figure and someone who considered beloved, so I felt the pressure, but I wanted to portray him in my own color. Since I live by myself, I went home and stayed in character as if I really was the king. I tried to change things like how I held my chopsticks. I worked on everything including little details like that.”

Spoiler

lee-junho.jpeg

Lee Se Young had been the No. 1 choice in fan casting when the novel’s drama adaptation was announced. She said, “I was very grateful and honored. I think I’m very fortunate to have met a character like Seong Deok Im. I was so happy when the director and screenwriter contacted me first.”

PD Jung Ji In said, “I actually heard about the fan casting later. I remembered her as Geum Young in ‘Jewel in the Palace.’ She happened to be between projects at the time, and I really enjoyed watching her in ‘Kairos,’ so the writer and I agreed to send her the script. At first, her agency was concerned that she was tired from working on ‘Kairos’ for so long, but once we’d sent the script, she accepted it faster than we expected.”

Spoiler

lee-se-young.jpeg

Lee Junho said, “I’m very lucky to have met an actor like Lee Se Young. We really have a lot of fun filming. We still have a lot left to go, but right now, we’re really happy and having fun.” Lee Se Young added, “When I first heard that Lee Junho was cast, I thought it was the perfect casting. There’s a lot I’ve learned from him on set. He has very good focus and immerses himself into the character, and I’m able to depend on him and trust him as we work together. He’s someone I respect and have faith in as a colleague.”

The cast shared that their goal for viewership ratings was 15 percent. Lee Junho said, “I said before that if we surpass 15 percent, I’ll wear the gonryongpo [dragon robes reserved for the emperor] and dance, and I still stick by that. It’s not like I can’t do it.” Lee Deok Hwa added, “If we surpass 15 percent, I’ll go fishing in the dragon robe. I’ll catch at least one fish.”

Spoiler

jang-hee-jin.jpegpark-ji-young.jpegkang-hoon.jpeg

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1498100wpp/2pms-lee-junho-lee-se-young-and-more-share-how-they-prepared-for-their-traditional-historical-drama-the-red-sleeve

11 minutes ago, Tofu said:

It's airing tomorrow (today for most of you)!! 

it is tonight for me. I am excited and anxious. 

crossing my fingers this will be a good drama...!

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
19 minutes ago, czakhareina said:

Since I live by myself, I went home and stayed in character as if I really was the king. I tried to change things like how I held my chopsticks. I worked on everything including little details like that.

He sure did! He would even recite his lines in the car and whenever possible. 

20 minutes ago, czakhareina said:

“People avoid historical dramas these days. It takes more time compared to other dramas, and the production costs are higher, and you need to hire a lot of people.

This is very true. Most people tend to like modern dramas but I'm all about a good sageuk. :LarvitarSDab1:

27 minutes ago, czakhareina said:

it is tonight for me. I am excited and anxious. 

crossing my fingers this will be a good drama...!

If not, there's enough oppa power for us to continue watching. :laugh:

• Thanks 1
  • Party! 2