The Red Sleeve Cuff 옷소매 붉은 끝동 [2021-22]

Press Conference Full Video

FD5NxZ-aQAA7g7d?format=jpg&name=small

CLICK HERE

and here's an adorable clip of Junho & Seyoung guiding Lee Deokhwa-nim to make heart

29 minutes ago, Tofu said:

This is very true. Most people tend to like modern dramas but I'm all about a good sageuk. 

yes, and I remember reading that highschool or school dramas are probably with lesser production post. 

personally I also like school dramas... but a saguek, and a good one at that is definitely one to watch for me...

29 minutes ago, Tofu said:

If not, there's enough oppa power for us to continue watching. 

I do wonder that for me.

I usually drop dramas if it is not to my taste, even of I am a fan of the actors/actresses in the show.

But currently I am stan-ing of Junho so bad.. plus Kang Hoon is really growing on me with very pretty face... so i wonder are they enough to make me continue...

plus seyoung, I do looove watching her....

Edited by czakhareina
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

I am so excited ! :smile:. For me I have to wait till tomorrow 13 to watch with subs. Let's see if I have time to stream it live tonight. 

Battle of wits between our leads. According to the article this is where their fateful love story will begin.

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000510335

202111121306350310_1_20211112130803838.j

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

2PM’s Lee Junho And Lee Se Young Flaunt Adorable Off-Screen Chemistry Behind The Scenes Of “The Red Sleeve”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 12, 2021 by S. Cho

Ahead of the drama’s premiere, “The Red Sleeve” has uploaded adorable behind-the-scenes photos of 2PM’s Lee Junho and Lee Se Young.

MBC’s newest Friday-Saturday drama “The Red Sleeve” is a traditional historical drama based on a novel that tells the record of an imperial court romance between a court lady named Seong Deok Im (Lee Se Young), who wanted to protect the life she had chosen, and emperor Yi San (Lee Junho), who put the nation first before love.

All of the behind-the-scenes photos capture the incredible chemistry between Lee Junho and Lee Se Young, making viewers that much more excited for the premiere. They immerse into their work together, enjoy cute couple poses, and joke around playing hand games.

Junho-Lee-Se-Young-2.jpeg
The photos also showcase how well the actors are taking care of each other, with Lee Junho holding the fan up for Lee Se Young during their long summer shoots. In another picture, Lee Se Young is focused on delicately applying supplements onto Lee Junho’s nails.

Junho-Lee-Se-Young-3.jpeg

Seeing how perfect the couple’s off-screen chemistry is, you can check out their on-screen chemistry during the premiere of “The Red Sleeve” on November 12 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1498139wpp/2pms-lee-junho-and-lee-se-young-flaunt-adorable-off-screen-chemistry-behind-the-scenes-of-the-red-sleeve

14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am so excited ! . For me I have to wait till tomorrow 13 to watch with subs. Let's see if I have time to stream it live tonight. 

Battle of wits between our leads. According to the article this is where their fateful love story will begin.

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000510335

That is the first meeting as adults. 

and her throwing salt at him, since she probably though of him as an a** and this will probably the episode of cute banters.. before we go melo on their romance

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
25 minutes ago, czakhareina said:

I usually drop dramas if it is not to my taste, even of I am a fan of the actors/actresses in the show.

That's true. Sometimes it's not enough if the storyline is really bad. The worst feeling is when your expectations are high for a drama and it ends up not meeting those expectations. I felt that way with a lot of dramas this year. I'm keeping my expectations low for this so I'm not disappointed; however, that won't stop me from being excited for it. It's Junho's military comeback drama and Lee Seyoung is just great! 

• Heart Eyes 3

Seyoung x Junho

last bout of promos...

Another character Chart

25 minutes ago, Tofu said:

That's true. Sometimes it's not enough if the storyline is really bad. The worst feeling is when your expectations are high for a drama and it ends up not meeting those expectations. I felt that way with a lot of dramas this year. I'm keeping my expectations low for this so I'm not disappointed; however, that won't stop me from being excited for it. It's Junho's military comeback drama and Lee Seyoung is just great! 

Yeah I think i've felt that in the last few years. thus setting expectation has been the way to go..

and Junho post conscription/draft has been just eye opener.

I've been a fan for a long time but after he came back, ive turned  to hard fangirl stan. that is why i've been so active here, he has revived my super fangirl stan level heart alive. Hahaha:wow:

I think it was this video:

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 2
1 hour ago, czakhareina said:

nd her throwing salt at him, since she probably though of him as an a** and this will probably the episode of cute banters.

I  am looking forward to the cute banters. ( and bath tub scene! :laugh:)

Oh what could this be? LOL

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

28 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I  am looking forward to the cute banters. ( and bath tub scene! )

Oh what could this be? LOL

OMG. what could it be. it is making me so curious :smug:

I think they want it to seem sexy... but why do I also want  whatever it is to be funny...

And I gotta say, I adore seyoung due to her dramas and portrayal but this the first time i've seen her capture behind the scenes, I I am loooooving seyoung so much... she is like one big ball of energy and fun...

and then when you add the answers she makes during these interviews...

the one you've mentions is one example...

another is during their twitter live

they were asked what made their heat beat or skip a beat, and Seyoung mentioned the bath scene.. :wow2:

another D-day promo from MBC instagram

and the look of the overall rice wreathes for RSC:

Spoiler

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 2

@czakhareina Omg I dying laughing...did she say she loves JunHo's body? :hug:

Anyway, MBC is really hard selling this a lot . I can see a lot of activity on their SNS. I hope the domestic audience will pick this ups & we get the dance for 15% ratings. 

• Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

30 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@czakhareina Omg I dying laughing...did she say she loves JunHo's body? :hug:

Anyway, MBC is really hard selling this a lot . I can see a lot of activity on their SNS. I hope the domestic audience will pick this ups & we get the dance for 15% ratings. 

they really are.

Seyoung even mentioned the many teasers which is so unlike and unusual compared to their experience. 

and I think Junho and Seyoung during their guesting in KSH's Noon Song of Hope mentioned that the CEO/President send a food truck to the set. and even their twitter live, they again both mentioned talking with the the guy, thus ask for overseas trip if ratings are good...

I think MBC is going all out, cause they have been in a ratings drought. they had hoped The Veil would have good ratings, which it did but SBS drama was the one that was the ratings leader...

but also Junho mentioned that Seyoung is the MBC daughter. which is so adorable...!!! 

D-Day Greeting Promotion 1

Junho x Seyoung

EngSubbed | Credit JLML718

Park KyungLim hosting Press Con and featured in her channel

They are up against such star-studded and a great script writer drama but I really hope they get good ratings...!

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 3

2PM’s Lee Junho And Lee Se Young Have An Icy First Encounter In “The Red Sleeve”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 12, 2021 | by L. Kim

MBC has shared a preview of 2PM’s Lee Junho and Lee Se Young’s first meeting!

Based on a novel, “The Red Sleeve” is a traditional historical drama that tells the record of an imperial court romance between a court lady named Seong Deok Im (Lee Se Young), who wanted to protect the life she had chosen, and emperor Yi San (Lee Junho), who put the nation first before love. The drama is based on the real historical figures King Jeongjo, the 22nd ruler of the Joseon dynasty (born under the name Yi San), and royal concubine Ui of the Seong clan (Seong Deok Im).

In the newly released stills, Yi San barges into the library of the crown prince’s quarters. He’s not wearing his royal robes, and his cold expression hints that something serious has happened. He starts to search for something without caring who’s there.

Seong Deok Im, who is the court lady in charge of the library, boldly approaches him. She has no idea that he’s the crown prince and engages in a war of nerves with him. Yi San is taken aback by her daring behavior, and he’s at a loss for words. How will Yi San and Seok Deok Im, who started off on the wrong foot, start to gain feelings for each other?

The drama’s producers teased, “The way Yi San and Seong Dok Im start to cluelessly build their relationship with a quarrelsome start will present [viewers] with fresh exciting and laughter. Please look forward to their chemistry.”

LINK https://www.soompi.com/article/1498213wpp/2pms-lee-junho-and-lee-se-young-have-an-icy-first-encounter-in-the-red-sleeve

Cast greeting promo

• Heart Eyes 3

Some quick recaps from Naver of how Deok Im and Lee San met. 

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=2

Young Lee San was confused by the last answer and was left alone to study. Then, he was shocked to learn of the death of his grandmother Youngbinja. Young Deok-im Seong went to pay condolences to the Youngbinja alone ( she was sent there on an errand by the Head Court Lady) . Lee San left the doll as his substitute and sneaked out to pay respects to his grandmother as he was actually not allowed to do so. 

Lee San, who was walking alone in the dark, was surprised when he met Seong-deok-im. Seong Deok-im asked Lee San the way for to go to the residence of Youngbinja. The two were suspicious of each other since  Lee San didn't tell  his name, "

As they arrived, Lee San confessed, "Actually, I came here secretly without permission." Seong Deok-im was bewildered, saying, "Where did you sneak out from ?" Lee San in tears said , "Youngbinja ( the grandmother)  has left forever. What should I do? If I had rushed a little earlier , I would have been able to see her for the last time. I'm a coward."

Understanding Lee San's heart, Seong Deok-im help him sneak  over the fence.

Lee San said to his grandmother , "Young-binja, . Lee San is here."

In the past (flashback) , Lee San said to YoungBinJa, "Did you tell Halbama (grandfather ) to kill Abama Ma (father) ? Is it true?" and "Aren't you Abama Ma's mother? Because of you, Abama Ma died." However, Lee San said, "Don't pretend you're worried. With that mouth you were always worried about Abama. If I became like him,  would you abandon me too?" Youngbin Ja- said, "This grandmother killed your  father and never apologized. Everything is this grandmother's fault. Don't forgive this grandmother."

Recalling this, Lee San shed tears, saying, "You  will hate me. Because of the harsh words I said. How much will you hate me?" Seong Deok-im comforted him and said, "Young-bin wouldn't want that," and wiped away Lee San's tears, "Young-bin welcomed you. Didn't you see that the light didn't go out even when the wind blew? She missed you. Because it's dark." 

Then, they were surprised to hear King Yeong-jo (Lee Deok-hwa) coming. Seong-deok-im went crazy to help Yi-san escape first, but  she couldn't get out. Seong Deok-im told King Yeongjo, "It is a thought poem - I came to give condolences Youngbinja ." Yeongjo said, "It looks like Princess Hwapyeong when she was young." said Seong Deok-im replied, "Your Majesty's words are correct."

There were more interactions with the King and the King seemed to approve of her and asked her what kind of court lady she wanted to become.  Then, at the words of Seong Deok-im, “I want to become a court lady who can write well,” Yeong-jo handed Seong-duk-im a book written by Young-bin herself and said, “Maybe not. Will your fate be similar to the owner of this book?" he said.

Spoiler

Seong Deok-im later asked why she had to go to the funeral of YoungBinJa, Chief Court Lady Jo (Park Ji-young) said, "I wanted to show you her last departure. Only the royal family can die in the palace. Old and sick court ladies cannot, no matter what authority she enjoyed during her lifetime, the end of a court lady is always fleeting and shabby. There is only one way to die in the palace. You just have to wear "seung-eun" ( become queen ) . If you wear "seung-eun" and become a concubine, you will die in this palace. "It's the one thing that every court lady dreams of. You'll want to be like that too."

Seong Deok-im made a bewildered expression, "I don't know what you're talking about," and  Jo said, "I'm dreaming. Surely you can be like that too," and wanted to Seong Deok-im to aspire to become a concubine.

-----------------------

Seo Sang-gung gathered the young court ladies and said, "I will tell you about the taboos of the palace. If you are caught reading a forbidden book, you will be severely punished." "Never read or possess this book," he said.

Then, Seong Deok-im found out that Lee San was in a situation where he would be dethroned by reading the forbidden book. Seong Deok-im decided to save Lee San out of that situation.

When Yeongjo heard that Lee San had read the forbidden book, he was furious and shouted, "Bring the book that Lee San read right away."

However, while browsing through the book, he saw that the pages had been torn and said, "You ripped this book on purpose." Lee San said, "Yes. Halba Mama. I tore the book. I was afraid of reading the part that Halba Mama said not to read, so I tore it up beforehand." Hearing this, Yeongjo rejoiced, saying, "That's my grandson," and apologized, "I was angry when I heard that you read the forbidden book without knowing your young mind."

Lee San set out to find Seong Deok Im , who comforted him.

Time passed and the two became adults. Seong Deok-im (Lee Se-young) looked at the forbidden book that he had torn and said, "I definitely saved Lee San at that time, but if I take this, it will go to the Sanggung at once?" and put it back in, saying, "I'm lucky that my neck didn't get chopped "

After that, Seong-deok-im almost fell while running, and Lee San (Lee Jun-ho) grabbed Seong-deok-im and saved her. 

FEAASN4VIA8l6d4?format=jpg&name=small

• Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

15 hours ago, czakhareina said:

they were asked what made their heat beat or skip a beat, and Seyoung mentioned the bath scene..

HAHAHA! Honestly, I think it made all the viewers' heart skip a beat too. I was not expecting a scene like that in a teaser at all. 

RSC-16v2-P-T.gif

11 hours ago, czakhareina said:

Woojin (Junho's first love aka Nephew) is kissing/hugging him as Lee San through the tv.

That's so cute!! :heart:

Ok, just started the episode and I honestly screamed with those girls at the beginning too. It's raining and gloomy here today which matched the tone of that entire scene. :lettalKWA:

• Haha 3

Love love the 1st episode. So much history told in the first hour. Their childhood encounters were brought to life really well by the two young actors who play them. 

I like the fact that Deok Im is a free spirited intelligent young court lady in training. Whether there were some historical liberties taken with this ,I don't know. But it does serve the narrative well since it means she was quick witted and it is believable that she would end up saving him a couple times (though in the banned book incident the credit was taken away from her) . I can foresee why he would be attracted to her ( and historically she was the only one he loved till the day he died- read this on Naver).  But her trajectory in this show is already pretty clear in that scene where Court Lady Jo sent her to pay respects to Lee San's grandmother. The grandmother  was also a court lady ( and from history had an eventful rise to become Crown Princess, and her son Crown Prince Sado was Lee San's father) . Jo's  advise to Deok Im was to win the king's favour and die within palace walls because that is the dream of every court lady. Deok Im may not at that young age understand the weight of those words, but I think she'll come to see why later. 

Lee San's character / personality is hard to tell  at this moment. He is intelligent and I think well-trained to survive the palace politics . But I can imagine him growing up to be hard hearted as  he will always have to be suspicious and wary of everyone around him. The banned book exposure will just be one of the many attempts to remove him from his position. It doesn't help that there's a somewhat 

tumultuous history to what happened to his father, Prince Sado. From what I understand, Prince Sado had a mental illness and his father (Lee San's grandfather ) and current King had him killed, so that he can have Lee San ascend the throne later on instead.  ( RL is as a makjang as the dramas,  isn't it? )  This scene is going to set the tone for things to come.

5EYSzlS.png

I am also wary of the young attendant, Hong Deok Ro that serves him. It was sly of him to take credit for what Deok Im did. Lee San grows up to trust him very much which will be dangerous if Deok Ro has bad intentions as well. I understand from teasers that he too is attracted from Deok Im. Interesting to see how this will play out. 

For now, I do buy the chemistry here in this first encounter as adults. 

GbDGPEj.png

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

a bit busy today, will just drop this here first.....

Song Hye Kyo’s “Now We Are Breaking Up” And Junho’s “The Red Sleeve” Begin Fierce Ratings Battle As “Happiness” Hits New All-Time High

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 13, 2021 | by E. Cha

Two highly-anticipated new dramas have joined the weekend ratings fray!

On November 12, both SBS’s “Now We Are Breaking Up” and MBC’s “The Red Sleeve” aired their premieres in the same competitive 10 p.m. time slot. “Now We Are Breaking Up” is a new romance drama starring Song Hye Kyo and Jang Ki Yong as a realistic pair of lovers in the fashion industry, while “The Red Sleeve” is a historical romance starring 2PM’s Lee Junho and Lee Se Young as an emperor and a strong-willed court lady.

According to Nielsen Korea, the premiere of “Now We Are Breaking Up” achieved the highest viewership ratings of any Friday-Saturday drama to air last night. The first episode of the new series scored an average nationwide rating of 6.4 percent and a peak of 8.4 percent.

Despite facing stiff competition from “Now We Are Breaking Up,” “The Red Sleeve” also made a promising start, earning an average nationwide rating of 5.7 percent and a peak of 8.0 percent for its first episode.

Meanwhile, even amidst these two buzzed-about premieres, tvN’s new drama “Happiness”—which airs in an overlapping time slot at 10:40 p.m.—managed to reach a new all-time high in viewership. The third episode of the apocalyptic thriller starring ZE:A’s Park Hyung Sik and Han Hyo Joo scored an average nationwide rating of 3.6 percent and a peak of 4.4 percent, marking the drama’s highest ratings yet.

Additionally, “Happiness” took first place in its time slot across all cable channels among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored a nationwide average of 2.0 percent and a peak of 2.5 percent.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1498325wpp/song-hye-kyos-now-we-are-breaking-up-and-junhos-the-red-sleeve-begin-fierce-ratings-battle-as-happiness-hits-new-all-time-high

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 3
  • Party! 1

@Rina eps 2 scenes are so cute ! 

So funny ! 
You dare to throw salt at me? Open the door now while I'm still speaking nicely….

'It is said that he is a handsome young man. Women tend to fall in love.'
 'Hey, are you disappointed to see my face?

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Summary recaps for Eps 2 here:

Deok-im (Lee Se-young) runs across the palace to avoid being late for an appointment with her fellow poets, but collides with Lee San (Jun-ho) standing in a pond and falls into the water. Lee San orders Seong Deok-im to write a letter of reflection.

Spoiler

Lee san was upset  because a beast/tiger  that invaded the city and harmed civilians. Lee San said, “I can no longer watch people die. I will go out and catch the tiger myself. I will ask for permission even by writing an appeal.” He showed the incision of three hands. However, it has not been put into practice due to opposition from the surrounding environment.

Isan is even threatened by assassins. The assassin shoots an arrow tied to a letter at the residence of Donggung and slowly disappears. Lee San waits for Hong Deok-ro (Kang Hoon) and opens a letter. The letter Lee San received had the phrase, “King Bulwigun, a guilty conscience.” This is an insult to Lee San, the son of Crown Prince Sado, by saying, 'A sinner's son cannot be king'. Lee San orders, “Call the East German society right now.” But Hong Deok-ro said, “Wait for a bit. If you move now, it will get to  Daejeon’s (the King) ears.”

Lee San, nervous, walks to the library, convinced that Seong Deok-im, who was guarding the library, stole his books as well as the contents of his lectures. Lee San yells at Seong-deok-im, but Seong-deok-im says, “Who are you and what are you doing? Are you even laughing at me?” he refutes. Lee San, unable to tell Seong Deok-im about her identity, lies that he is Hong Deok-ro. Later, Lee San learns that Seong Deok-im was copying books from the library to earn money.

Spoiler

Lee San sees the handwriting of the reflective letter brought by Seong Deok-im and realizes that the attendant in the library is Deok Im . Lee San sends back Seong Deok-im's reflection letter several times, and Seong Deok-im bursts into tears when she was told to write the wrong letter 100 times.

Lee San, hiding in the library pretending to be Hong Deok-ro, secretly takes the side of Lee San, saying, "What's wrong with the statement of reflection, you have to realize your own faults."

Lee San also learns that Seong Deok-im reads books to earn money to the court ladies and he . However, the content of the novel that Seong Deok-im read touches Lee San's trauma. Crown Prince Sado threatened the young Lee San and often shouted, “You are a child born to kill me.” There is a similar sentence in the book, which makes separation unpleasant. Yi-san forbids Seong-deok-im to read, but Seong-deok-im, who does not know the identity of Lee San, does not listen.

Meanwhile, Lee San, who found the map of the city in the library, heads to the mountain to catch the tiger himself. However, when he finds out that the tiger has gone down to the city, he hurries to visit Deok-Im . Lee San said, “It’s something only you can do. Read it in front of people.”

FEFPco5UUAA68br?format=jpg&name=small

출처 : 톱스타뉴스(http://www.topstarnews.net)

• Like 4

Just finished ep:1. I love it!! The child actors are so good, especially the little boy of Lee San. Just in this episode we’re already being introduced to the difficult position that Lee San is in. But yes, I also love the positive character in Doek Im. The ending 😍 Diving into ep.2 now. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love