The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

51 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

The angst is over by ep30. Now, Shiyi just needs to work on getting Houye's trust back – which we all know she will because Houye still loves her and he can see that Shiyi also loves him and 100% trusts him now. 

Phew..I'm relieve if its only up to ep 30.. My heart can't take up a prolonged angst as well.. Furthermore it will be 4 days of no new dose of our OTP.. and our happy and mischievous Marquis Yongping tease his wife..

And looking at the BTS :smile: Wallace is so playful..:Uwu:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

From ep 32 trailer looks like they hv attended wang yu funeral. N lingyi feels like ou yx is starting to be involved in ou's matters. I think he is still in banyuepan n not sure if she stays there or just visit to change dressings for his wound. But with her attitude n her style, i reckon our houye will not be cold to her for very long. 

• Like 4
18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hello dear! Long time no see. Yes drama is very addictive so far . 

Thanks @SnT I am relieved to hear that . My mandarin is elementary at best & like @Mouse having subs is crucial . 

@gracebkk welcome to JangHaven & the thread . Thanks so very much for the explanations / recaps . it will help me get through the week till the subs come out 

Welcome too @Chele. Glad you joined us . 

Yeah long time no see haha I’m not really into c-drama since ruyi ends so i just watch k-drama✌️😊

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Chele said:

Brand new here, how do I purchase them?

Hi Chele!

Every time you post on JangHaven, you earn what is called Haven Points. If you go to your Profile, you should see your points in one of the headings. You can then use your Haven points to purchase badges in the Members Shop. 

Badges can be purchased from the Members' shop or earned when there are special events. 

Hope this helps but please let us know if you need more help!

• Like 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

9 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

exactly and also saw a clips where Qin went all crazy.....

Amber seems more stable after she came to term where her loyalty need to lies with.....her sister she had partially given that up....

DongQing is reckless mostly and also the mouth that kinda big enough...even though i will give her some discounts as she seems to be more quieter a bit recently lols....and to be honest she does have ShiYi's interest in her heart only.....

Sugar Daddy might think that having Amber in his camp will help his case with ShiYi, unfortunately he will come to realize that with Amber or not.....there is no way for him to come in between HouYe and ShiYi at all.....he might had help ShiYi when she fallen over the bridge when HouYe attempted to catch the pirates.....and she is aware that why he did help, HouYe was there all along too

But then you know that thing, when you realized you're being used, especially her current status is just a lowly maid, so she had this huge hope or maybe just a tiny hope that there was spark in between. 

I'm telling you, you never know what they'll do for money, let alone for a man **COUGH** QIAO **COUGH**

16 minutes ago, MorningDew said:

Is Houye going to move back to Banyuepan on episode 31?😔 And Wang Yu died? Ok.. that guy is a good riddance if he died after all the abuse to Erniang..

I don't think anyone would miss him if he die LOL so far he done no good beside rape and hitting women :nervous:

I have to say tho, the confrontation between ShiYi and Houye, when he said "if you have trusted me a little more, we wouldn't be in this mess" that hit me right in the spot....cause i was like.....you're right. 

But I completely understand why ShiYi did what she did, she grew up pretty alone so its hard for her to easily trust anyone, plus she was suspecting the Xu family too but legit that episode, Houye's words hit me very hard, like I cried with him. 

• Like 5

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

I wonder about Ling Yi's late big brother and father,  they had only one wife no concubines? 

Or they once had concubines but killed after big brother and father died in battle and Ou family made hundreds member of Xu family killed?

So the Xu family was starting to gain prosperity from Ling Yi become marquis right? Ling Yi's big brother and father were not marquis?

Please someone enlighten me. Thank you.

• Like 3

after watching until 15 ep this drama makes my heart dumdumdum:laugh: i hate that lianfang girl!:mad: but afterall this drama is good script:smile: and i thought at first the lead male is ruby lin husband because their name is the same just their surname is diff LOL but after seing his face is diff

Edited by gween97
  • Like 4
44 minutes ago, Tothestars said:

I wonder about Ling Yi's late big brother and father,  they had only one wife no concubines? 

Or they once had concubines but killed after big brother and father died in battle and Ou family made hundreds member of Xu family killed?

So the Xu family was starting to gain prosperity from Ling Yi become marquis right? Ling Yi's big brother and father were not marquis?

im not too sure about that....maybe HouYe late father never have concubines since his wife managed to born him so many son after all

and the brother should have died pretty young which is why he never prosper till the part where he will have more wife

3 hours ago, SnT said:

From ep 32 trailer looks like they hv attended wang yu funeral. N lingyi feels like ou yx is starting to be involved in ou's matters. I think he is still in banyuepan n not sure if she stays there or just visit to change dressings for his wound. But with her attitude n her style, i reckon our houye will not be cold to her for very long. 

somehow maybe ShiYi told daddi that he doesn’t have to tell her everything about what he is doing?

And I think HouYe want shiyi to maintain some distance in between her and daddi too

2 hours ago, MorningDew said:

Is Houye going to move back to Banyuepan on episode 31?😔 And Wang Yu died? Ok.. that guy is a good riddance if he died after all the abuse to Erniang..

true...a man who hit a woman is no man at all

4 hours ago, gracebkk said:

In episode 30. I feel so sorry for Danyang when I saw this... Gosh... Like, why would you do this?! Goodness.. And to think that Danyang was so nice in resolving this problem.

Hide contents

Like, she knew that her dad doesn't really like her husband anymore because of the son issue so to avoid all problems from spreading out, she decided to solve the solution by "lifting" the maid as a concubine.

But gosh.. you can just see and feel Danyang's pain right then. The unshed tears... gosh.. Like.. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! I guess Shiyi was right.. "Not everyone is like Houye" ;)

yes DanYang was putting up a brave front during that times ... as a woman it’s really hard for us to see our man with another woman 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Tothestars said:

If google translate translated it correctly, in the novel 

Spoiler

LingYi had an older brother (the 3rd brother) that was born from a concubine. In the novel, this brother's wife was the one who was behind the molded rice fiasco, not Qiao. They changed this part in the drama or else the plot might be too complicated (the novel has 700+ chapters).

1 hour ago, Tothestars said:

I'm not sure about this one, but if I'm not mistaken, they should have been ranked quite high before since the family knew Luo family and had dealings with both the Luo family & Ou family. However, because of the Ou family, the Xu family's oldest brother & dad got killed and the family was in ruins (they were placed in jail). Only after the Luo family's grandfather asking for forgiveness (?) from the Emperor on behalf of the Xu family and asking permission for Lingyi to make atone by going to the army was Lingyi able to restore the family's reputation and make it as good as it is now. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

@Tothestarslingyi father is the old marquis.  lingyi explained in esp 16 during their walk in the garden. Xu family men are generations of army men with lots of military merits. Marquis is an inheritsble noble title given to generals ie military officers. So yes xu was already noble family way before lingyi.

But because xu family supported maritime ban being lifted, they become threats n opposition to the ou family. Ous set up svhemes n lingyi fsther the old marquis n his brother, the designated heir apparent (sizi) at that point were killed in battle (so was general fu father). Xu family was accused of treason n impriisoned. It was shiyi luo grandpa who spoke up for the xu begging the emperor to give lingyi a chance to fight some battles. 

Lingyi took linbo aka his assistant general fu (linbo grew up w him because he father was old marquis military surbodinate) w him n started as foot soldiers n work his way up. He took many msny crazy risks during the process n won many battles n xu was restored n got even better till where it is now. 

Old madane xu is old marquis wife. The brother was no 2 xu lingan, he was heir apparent to be next marquis. His wife is the now 2nd sister in law who end up taking in femg ching. The one always w madame xu. Apparently the 2nd bro was a very capable man, so lingyi n lingkuan were having fun n were very carefree young man. All that changed foe lingyi after the old marquis n ling an died. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 3
4 hours ago, Tothestars said:

Just like how @SnT had mentioned but I also want to provide a little insight of the book, but because i'm going back and forth between, I can see the drama has shifted away from the book a lot. 

"Xu Family’s eldest son passed away, the second son died of illness; but the inheritance unexpectedly bypassed the third son and went to the fourth son, Xu Lingyi. Aside from that, two years ago,  Xu Lingyi’s sister was announced to become the Empress. From thereon, the Xu Family became a powerful family in the Great Zhou Dynasty and the status of Luo Yuanniang, as the wife of Marquis Yongping is starting to be recognized by others" - Chapter 3

• Like 1
  • Insightful 5

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

8 hours ago, Chele said:

Brand new here, how do I purchase them?

Hello @Chele. Just to add to what @Mouse has explained. 
This is how to earn Haven Points 

These virtual badges can be purchased on our Members Shop & will be displayed under your name ( the side bar on each post ) - this is visible if you are using PC or on your mobile if using horizontal view. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

Just now, OsmanthusTea said:

Yes, absolutely definitely...She’s a meek woman who knows her place. She doesn’t competes with others for HouYe but she wants a child badly but Shiyi snubbed her....

yes she even went begging for that....as much as i felt bad for her....i know of HouYe and ShiYi intention to give the kid a fair chance of life and being with the 2nd SIL is definitely much better since there will be no more kids for her and she is all alone too....

its not fair for Qin Niang since she will no longer able to carry herself either....however i guess we can only say life is never fair?

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

yes she even went begging for that....as much as i felt bad for her....i know of HouYe and ShiYi intention to give the kid a fair chance of life and being with the 2nd SIL is definitely much better since there will be no more kids for her and she is all alone too....

its not fair for Qin Niang since she will no longer able to carry herself either....however i guess we can only say life is never fair?

I understand HouYe and ShiYi's intention. If we want to compare both SIL and QinNiang won't be having another child anymore but of course SIL is a better candidate because she is a better mother figure than QinNiang. The thing is she was never interested to mothered the child until prodded by ShiYi while QianNiang was super eager. So in this case I can't blame her if she's stewing in hatred toward ShiYi.

HouYe and ShiYi should handled the situation better but since QinNiang is a meek woman con ex slave, they forgot about it and most likely it will comes back to bites them

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
5 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

HouYe and ShiYi should handled the situation better but since QinNiang is a meek woman con ex slave, they forgot about it and most likely it will comes back to bites them

not only that...it seems like there are more toward QinNiang than meet the eyes ..... there are already indication that she is the spy for Ou Family and also she was one of the reason for YuanNiang death too.....

and it seems also that QinNiang not only a spy, she seems to have a score to settle with the Xu Family too

• Like 2
1 minute ago, NiteWalker said:

not only that...it seems like there are more toward QinNiang than meet the eyes ..... there are already indication that she is the spy for Ou Family and also she was one of the reason for YuanNiang death too.....

and it seems also that QinNiang not only a spy, she seems to have a score to settle with the Xu Family too

I have not reach that part of the drama yet....:zzzz: I only up to episode 22.....:BulbaOWO: So QinNiang turns bad after FengQing incident or she is bad all along?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, OsmanthusTea said:

I have not reach that part of the drama yet....:zzzz: I only up to episode 22.....:BulbaOWO: So QinNiang turns bad after FengQing incident or she is bad all along?

she most probably bad all along...just her colors isnt shown just yet....

up to episode 30 u will see a slight turn there however not by much....the only indication that there is more towards QinNiang than meet the eye at the way she talk back to WenNiang, where ShiYi return from the outskirt house with HouYe

• Like 3
13 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Woot @cherrhys88 nice to see you here too. Welcome to Wallace Chung's Harem :pandahappy:. I wasn't expecting to watch this drama when it started. But once I started I could not stop . LOL

-----------------------------

Oh gosh you mean the angst will last so long???

Reveal hidden contents

Ep 32 , he's serving her the divorce letter again? I know she explains to him every thing - about the 2nd ML and also her mother's death & why she had suspected him. He was very hurt. She didn't want the divorce , she doesn't want him to leave/ not care for her 

Come have a dose of  WC behind the scenes...

I had no plan to watch this as well but once I started, I couldn't stop. :pandahehe:

Houye's (Wallace Chung) voice is definitely dubbed. This is the usual voice they use for the ML in costume dramas. Sometimes it can be a bit jarring, I'm always expecting to see another actor while he is talking. :laugh:

• Haha 4
7 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

btw dont you guys think that Qin Niang now harbor hatred towards ShiYi for not letting her have QinFeng as her own kids or to be park under her?

Absolutely. U can see she is so clever at revealing things accidentally. The flower pots that dong ching pick up from her show qiao that shiyi is not peggy. N then the reveal of shiyi doing something in xianlingge when qiao brought madam e xu. Many many instances she accidentally reveal things. 

After feng ching the hate for shiyi must hv grown. Don think it is about houye lovr or not love her. Its more of her own distorted mentality probably. 

• Like 5