The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

死生契阔,与子成说。执子之手, 与子偕老。

Life or death, together apart;

A promise is made ;

Holding your hands;

Till we both grow old..

Poem recited by lingyi to shiyi. 

Ancient chinese way of saying i love you. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, SnT said:

I m rewatching some eposodes that i really like. I m so hooked on ts&tb. Oh noo nooo noo... Addicted.

Same here... I feel you.. I can’t move on yet to other drama..huhu... rewatching the clips, BTS and some episodes that I really like.. then go thru YouTube or Twitter. And fangirling over Wallace Chung again :PikachuFacePalm:

Send help please!!!:scaredpanda2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Suddenly i m wondering that bro 5 n the maid issue would be creating another issue with the xu family in the coming episodes.. Hmmmm.... 

My thoughts on the ep 30 rescue scene. Even though first time i thought it is just the usual guy save gal scene. But after rewatching i saw the thoughts of director put into it n how Wallace execute it really nicely. As he explained, he was on his way homeward when he bumped into her bodyguard wandaxing who told him she is at the country house. He detour immediately meaning he had his official entourage w him at least partially. But with scene shows him flying in gives the impression that he is first one there seeing his wife on trouble, he moved faster than than rest of the guards even though he has yet to recovered. Then after he settled a few of assassins n the red guards arrived he stopped n eyes search for shiyi seeinh her ok under the tree, lingyi gave a sigh of relief. But he still stand straight holding his wound. After they the assasin retreat, he collapsed. Wow... Wallace really did a good job in using his body language to show lingyi love  for shiyi. Mouth can lie n he can control his actions to suppress his feelings but in face of danger his reaction is real.

The conversation scenes was good too.. Wallace uses his expression so well. He did his i m not sure about u n us...they parted on such a bad term n many unfinished words. He is not sure, n he doesn't want her to see his feelings or fear so all the way his eyes did not fully look at her, but only gave occasionally glances then lowered his eyes n his lips tight all the way. Especially when they talked about things that is more feelings related like how she want to touch hin n how she did not believe he died. Only hearing someone is out to kill her, his eyes were fully one her, all the fear n concern for his safety he cannot hide. 

I also like the way he behave w master ou. He walked out w shiyi, his body was slightly bend from the wound. Then when master ou show up he stood up really straight. Haha.... That is so male reaction seeing another male in his territory. Full alert, no weakness, ready to fight stance. Then he proudly talked to master ou w a slightly slanted glare. It s like i m not talking to an ou. When shiyi says houye n i are going home n she hold his arm, he din resist n that look on his face is like, yeap she is my wife. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
19 hours ago, gween97 said:

can someone recomendation drama for me? i need to distract with another drama till this drama comes out wit new ep:pandatakeit:

check out You Are My Hero if you have time. It fits the schedule perfectly. S&B airs Monday to Wednesday and You Are My Hero airs Thursday to Sunday 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Party! 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

58 minutes ago, Mouse said:

check out You Are My Hero if you have time. It fits the schedule perfectly. S&B airs Monday to Wednesday and You Are My Hero airs Thursday to Sunday 

echoing @Mouse , @gween97 You are My Hero is slotted on Thurs-Sun, just nice to hold you till TS & TB air hahaha

4 hours ago, SnT said:

Suddenly i m wondering that bro 5 n the maid issue would be creating another issue with the xu family in the coming episodes.. Hmmmm.... 

the issues arises might be a lil.....im not sure....cause they need a cause there ad how it was done and i guess DanYang need another wave now that LianFang is out of the pictures, she is no longer there to cause mischief for LianFang....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
31 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

echoing @Mouse , @gween97 You are My Hero is slotted on Thurs-Sun, just nice to hold you till TS & TB air hahaha

I m warming up to the storyline. But i m not good w the operation surgery bloody scenes. Hahaha 

31 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

the issues arises might be a lil.....im not sure....cause they need a cause there ad how it was done and i guess DanYang need another wave now that LianFang is out of the pictures, she is no longer there to cause mischief for LianFang....

Is ok to hv problems to keep the story going as long as not out leads misunderstanding. If they are working together to solve those problems then it is nice. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
Just now, SnT said:

Is ok to hv problems to keep the story going as long as not out leads misunderstanding. If they are working together to solve those problems then it is nice. 

yes cause they cant sit at the sidelines with no plots there.....not with HouYe need to be in hot pursuit by ShiYi....

i guess tomorrow we will see how ShiYi will make up to HouYe....hopefully it doesnt take long for the ice to tar and the leave us hanging for another 1 full week ><

1 minute ago, SnT said:

I m warming up to the storyline. But i m not good w the operation surgery bloody scenes. Hahaha 

yes not many ppl can see that...which is why some of the more complicated one will be blur out i think....

• Like 3
6 hours ago, SnT said:

scene shows him flying in gives the impression that he is first one there seeing his wife on trouble, he moved faster than than rest of the guards even though he has yet to recovered. Then after he settled a few of assassins n the red guards arrived he stopped n eyes search for shiyi seeinh her ok under the tree, lingyi gave a sigh of relief. But he still stand straight holding his wound. After they the assasin retreat, he collapsed. Wow... Wallace really did a good job in using his body language to show lingyi love  for shiyi. Mouth can lie n he can control his actions to suppress his feelings but in face of danger his reaction is real.

I've just managed to complete watching till Ep 30. That scene you mentioned above... I did a double take and was going... WHOA! :GengarCool:That's my 01 hero! That was an excellent segment and I had to rewind to rewatch it because I did not realize 01 rushed in until 11 turned around and gazed at him! 1101CP and PD, you all did a wonderful job in that scene alone!:wow: 

:heart:

GIF-ep30-01totherescueof11a.gif

With the OST in the background, it makes it all the more touching when you watch this rescue. JJANG!

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

check out You Are My Hero if you have time.

I breezed through all 10 eps but erm... mostly in the background while multitasking hehe. I'm more interested in scenes between the main CP and the second CP, although the police and hospital aspects look quite interesting too. I love Sandra Ma in anything, so it's a watch for me anyway. But I am impressed with BJT. I think it's my first drama with him in it. This Mika/Xing CP feels like a winner already! In fact, I like the second CP too. They are cute. And oh, can I have a landlord like XKL too?

However, 1101CP holds my full attention. I can't do anything else while watching them. And I need my entire being in attention haha (bet many of you are likewise?). Loving them and the drama more and more! Ep 31 is so far away...

Edited by oppasaranghaeyo
to add a gif:)
  • Haha 4

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

3 hours ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

I've just managed to complete watching till Ep 30. That scene you mentioned above... I did a double take and was going... WHOA! :GengarCool:That's my 01 hero! That was an excellent segment and I had to rewind to rewatch it because I did not realize 01 rushed in until 11 turned around and gazed at him! 1101CP and PD, you all did a wonderful job in that scene alone!:wow: 

:heart:

GIF-ep30-01totherescueof11a.gif

With the OST in the background, it makes it all the more touching when you watch this rescue. JJANG!

So nice right!! Her relief was so clear. 

His relief too. 

I breezed through all 10 eps but erm... mostly in the background while multitasking hehe. I'm more interested in scenes between the main CP and the second CP, although the police and hospital aspects look quite interesting too. I love Sandra Ma in anything, so it's a watch for me anyway. But I am impressed with BJT. I think it's my first drama with him in it. This Mika/Xing CP feels like a winner already! In fact, I like the second CP too. They are cute. And oh, can I have a landlord like XKL too?

I m ep 6, he is kinda funny goofy esp w her. But i was like doing other things too at the same time.. In modern drama a cp that caught me fully was unexpected love. Fan shi qi n qi yandi their name i think. These two also makes my day. I love love their cp feel. Their kisses were like smooching. Can try that cause the episodes are completed d. 

However, 1101CP holds my full attention. I can't do anything else while watching them. And I need my entire being in attention haha (bet many of you are likewise?). Loving them and the drama more and more! Ep 31 is so far away...

U r so right here. They r the most recent cp that got my full attention.. Till i even rewatch to get details. I really love their micro expressions. It is these things thst give logic to the story

Don u just love his rooster seeing another rooster stance haha... I told my hubby m he says yeap that is right on the dot. Male will do it unknowingly when they see another male encroaching. These things even a director cannot instruct u to do. But for an actor to give details like that i think i really respect all of them, esp wallace. 

There r comment in dramalist that they think shiyi was illogically frigid n how can she resist her hubby so many times. But i love that progression of her reactions to him. It was logical. From being told, i don want to marry u at all n all i asked for is u doing ur job as the main wife from lingyi. I don think it is logical she start melting after few attempts from him. The no nonsense attitide she adopted is perfect like she is his closest partner running the Xu Family Inc. She was meticulously doing her job n never expect lingyi to fell for her. Although through each event:

Her kidnapping - she saw his no nonsense, no superstitious n fair style Point 1 score 

Chunge illness - she saw a father that cares but not good at expressing. point 2 score 

Porridge saga - that is epic. She saw a great man that cares for the people, hands on, have a big heart. N such a majestic man w a deadly frown that rides in to save her n control the situation yet gently carry her home n applying medicine. I mean the contrast is so good.. He hold her protectively n gently in his arm, while barking out deadly instructions to catch the bandits n warn the refugees. That look can scare grown man. His fairness n discernment again shines through w the aftermath handling. 

Feng ching saga - a man who will do amything to care n protect his family. N willing to listen to ppl. 

Hupo soup episode - shows he aint a lecher who can sleep w any woman. 

Qiao saga - shows how he is so willing to trust her esp wo any evidence at all. That is the highlight spark for her d. U see her willingly being hug by him. Also sees his childishness, his fear n his stress n burden. 

Through it all u see her softening to him. Letting him tiuch her, hug her n finally kiss her properly.

N he is older to hv patient to wait. He is after all a military general n a politician, no way he is stupid enough not to know some things need a good stewing n stewing takes time esp his sharp tongued strong minded wife. He is so smart to know that as long as he is in her vicinity, she will get to know him n like him n love him. He has enough women in his life at hus beck n call n he has enough of them throwing themselves onto him at every turn. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

One thing anyone notice they don do winter clothings. N snow haha... I mean ming dynasty built forbidden city n the capital is in Beijing. Which has freezing winter haha... The scene of lingyi entering court is forbidden city. But we haven't see any winter scenes haha... Would be so nice.. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 4
16 hours ago, Mouse said:

Thanks for recommending!  I started this to kill time .  Ironic noticed Wallace in background appear in Episode 4. :lol:

actually am surprised I enjoy this drama and You are my hero. since I honestly watch 80% Kdrama.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Party! 1

12 minutes ago, Mizv said:

Thanks for recommending!  I started this to kill time .  Ironic noticed Wallace in background appear in Episode 4. :lol:

actually am surprised I enjoy this drama and You are my hero. since I honestly watch 80% Kdrama.  

Yes! Wallace is in one of the scenes! It's a sign S&B viewers need to also watch YAMH! :lol:

I'm an avid viewer of both K and C dramas and occasionally J dramas as well. My mom used to only watch K dramas too but I convinced her to check out Go Ahead and since then, she's been watching a lot of C dramas. Now when I recommend a C drama to her, she watches it right away.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

5 hours ago, Mizv said:

my mom had also start on YAMY and she is laughing away right now at the outsides....

5 hours ago, Mouse said:

Yes! Wallace is in one of the scenes! It's a sign S&B viewers need to also watch YAMH! :lol:

I'm an avid viewer of both K and C dramas and occasionally J dramas as well. My mom used to only watch K dramas too but I convinced her to check out Go Ahead and since then, she's been watching a lot of C dramas. Now when I recommend a C drama to her, she watches it right away.

my mom like you need subtitles however she watches it anyway....and she loving it

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1
On 3/13/2021 at 6:53 PM, SnT said:

死生契阔,与子成说。执子之手, 与子偕老。

Life or death, together apart;

A promise is made ;

Holding your hands;

Till we both grow old..

Poem recited by lingyi to shiyi. 

Ancient chinese way of saying i love you. 

btw this was recite to ShiYi when HouYe was writing the separation letter right?

• Like 2
17 hours ago, SnT said:

Although through each event:

Her kidnapping - she saw his no nonsense, no superstitious n fair style Point 1 score 

Chunge illness - she saw a father that cares but not good at expressing. point 2 score 

Porridge saga - that is epic. She saw a great man that cares for the people, hands on, have a big heart. N such a majestic man w a deadly frown that rides in to save her n control the situation yet gently carry her home n applying medicine. I mean the contrast is so good.. He hold her protectively n gently in his arm, while barking out deadly instructions to catch the bandits n warn the refugees. That look can scare grown man. His fairness n discernment again shines through w the aftermath handling. 

Feng ching saga - a man who will do amything to care n protect his family. N willing to listen to ppl. 

Hupo soup episode - shows he aint a lecher who can sleep w any woman. 

Qiao saga - shows how he is so willing to trust her esp wo any evidence at all. That is the highlight spark for her d. U see her willingly being hug by him. Also sees his childishness, his fear n his stress n burden. 

Great breakdown of each event.. I agree that from this event Shiyi learn of Lingyi personality and character. I think the writer really do a good job with the story.. 

TSY said that Shiyi start to fall for Lingyi during the porridge event, which I agree. Her surprise looks that someone can be protect her for the first time, cared for her and she fell for his charm at that point of time. And remember that Dong Qing said that she sees her Lady gets shy for the first time when Lingyi applied the ointment to her feet. 

I really like the pace so their relationship progress so far, because it is quite rational, given her age is so young. And I like Lingyi didn’t force her to consummate on their first night, even though he has right. Their first kiss similar to a confession...

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3
1 minute ago, MorningDew said:

TSY said that Shiyi start to fall for Lingyi during the porridge event, which I agree. Her surprise looks that someone can be protect her for the first time, cared for her and she fell for his charm at that point of time. And remember that Dong Qing said that she sees her Lady gets shy for the first time when Lingyi applied the ointment to her feet. 

hehehe....how she even retorted back to HouYe and say she wasnt shy right hahahaha....here you go the screep caps for the ointment part :cool:

Cr: As Tagged from Weibo

jn5yPm3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
37 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

btw this was recite to ShiYi when HouYe was writing the separation letter right?

It was recite before he kiss her at the lsntern festival. So he actually in a poetic  ancient manner says i love u. His feelings for her was already expressed to her 3 x

1. After qiao incident, he says if u r happy, i m happy 

2.lantern festival when he recited the poem. 

3. When he make her that lantern n his words to her was... He used to think thst under the lamp, life is only about working n unfinish papers, now he stsrted to feel thst under the lamp there is warmth n joy which makes him want to stay longer n longer. He says being with the person, having kids playing at their knees whether it is to read, to play the zither, to draw /paint, to play chess, the joy of s simple life under the lamp he wish for. She asked him why is it so precious since u cam achieve thst easily.. He says because of her, what he yesrn for is different. 

Something like that cause the Chinese was quite poetic. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

Just as SnT stated, it was during their trip out in town on QiXi Fest.

01 recited it, or rather made his confession to 11 on the bridge, before he made his move to kiss her, like in the opener... (Love the opener btw)

GIF-opener-kiss-on-bridge.gif

SPOILER!

But before that, this happened LOL...

GIF-ep27-sugared-hawthorn-skewer-kiss-awwdrama.gif

7 has a very pliable back haha...:laugh:

Shall I gif on for more? Nahhh... IMAGINE IT. :eeeee:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...