The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

31 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@SilverMoonTea what is that? Their drama? 9r just a picture of some project together?

Lols, I think I will just jump episodes for this, so probably will go back around ep 40 as well later when I am in the mood. Lols

It’s Happy Camp, a variety show

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

On 3/30/2021 at 10:54 PM, OsmanthusTea said:

Of course he has his own reason BUT by not consulting the child's mother just because he suspected her as a spy without solid evidence showed that he is totally not a character that is good in reading people or smart. Because he is totally off in reading that WenNiang is the spy. His experiences as a general is useless when he applied it in his own family, he suspected the wrong person. The spy is QinNiang not WenNiang.

As a husband he disregard his wife's feeling completely.

Wen is the most suspicious one at the point of time. She used Xu family reputation to do her own business and to help Wen family, Xulingyi found out and stopped her bef but she disregarded his words and do it behind him. Wen family businesses had some to do with Ou family, which make it more suspicious when she do it secretly behind Xu family. Plus Shiyi once told Xu that she also suspect Wen becuz of the embroidery stuff. 

It is probably a lack of consideration by not consulting the birth mother. However, rmb at that Era, Wen is a concubine...she is Not the child's "Mother" in a sense. Shiyi is the "mother" so thats why Xu consulted her instead. Tbh, shiyi should be the one consulting Wen since she is the "Mother" for the harem....

• Insightful 4
On 4/3/2021 at 10:01 PM, Toby said:

houye did what he did (concubine, child) out of his will and heart because of his responsibility beside he is the pillar of the family and must hv a heir.he force himself and tried be a good husband for years (he slept with them mainly for heirs) and give protection(as part of xu family) then at one point he maybe had enough. then when shiniang came to his life, houye has a feeling that he able to be a man also a husband again or the very first time. 

The way houye behave seem like he falling in love for the very first time.he even has no idea he was changed and  unconsciously his best character which  long gone by the time he be head of family. i feel pity to all the concubine but i think i can feel houye too.opss

Tbh I feel pity for houye since the start... if we recap from the very first ep to now, and try to think how they supposed to behave like in the ancient time. He is considered a very good man.

He lost his father and elder brother when he was young, and had to fight to save his family alone. From a sinner's son to a meritorious and notable houye... this journey must be hard.

He do not even have enough time at home for the past yearss...

He might show lack of love for his concubines but he is a person that is lack of love as well,(esp bef shiiyi came) how can someone that is lonely and lack of love know how to love... 

I still rmb at ep 29, his mother prayed infront of Xu ancestor and said how Xulingyi sacrificed for his family... it was touching and painful... but at the later ep, when houye came back alive, she forced him to get another concubine when she knew that it was out of his will. Knowing that he alr sacrificed so much and he would not be happy with her decision, she still insisted. From this, I see that literrally no one really try to stand at his perspective to think for him, even his mother is pushing on him. Its tiring, stressful and sad for his life in the past so many years.....

Anyway im glad that its a HE😊

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 4/6/2021 at 5:36 PM, Kakiwi said:

It is probably a lack of consideration by not consulting the birth mother. However, rmb at that Era, Wen is a concubine...she is Not the child's "Mother" in a sense. Shiyi is the "mother" so thats why Xu consulted her instead. Tbh, shiyi should be the one consulting Wen since she is the "Mother" for the harem....

however if we really backtrack into that era....ShiYi shouldnt be consulting the 'Birth Mother' either since she held the control and just tell Wen Er Niang directly....we will be sending your child to a school....

somehow the drama itself had twisted and slack up alot of the regulations for the olden era....

im pretty sure @Lynne can tell us alot on these since she had told me that the drama itself had diverted alot from the books too...they turn HouYe into a more softie for ShiYi in a sense too....

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1
21 hours ago, Kakiwi said:

He might show lack of love for his concubines but he is a person that is lack of love as well,(esp bef shiiyi came) how can someone that is lonely and lack of love know how to love.

So on point. like it so much -->

How can someone who is lonely, lack of love to know how to love back...

he even used to said, how can he married (take more concubine) someone he was not in love with. even on that generation(old days) where marriege were arrange marriege by family.

21 hours ago, Kakiwi said:

From this, I see that literrally no one really try to stand at his perspective to think for him, even his mother is pushing on him. Its tiring, stressful and sad for his life in the past so many years.....

I am glad he managed to found his last puzzle to complete himself at the end.

i keep repeat episode 44 where houye and shiniamg meet up in prison. seem like i can feel how they feel.hahaha.

and now, no more adrenaline rush need to wait for upcoming episode since it has finish.

• Like 3
On 4/8/2021 at 5:04 PM, NiteWalker said:

SongYun and WallaceChung to appear on Happy Camp this weekend end and theysend a promotion clip with SongYun demanding HouYe buying her Tang HuLu (the plum candy), while Wallace was immerse in playing with his mobile lols ahahaha

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why did I keep coming to this thread and read over and over everyone pov. Good input/idea/point of view hardly to let it go.Seem like no other drama is able to get my attention as sword and brocade.Did tried others but still umphhh

Edited by Toby
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I watched TS & TB last week then started re-watching for details. Can someone please explain to me the significance of the folded dress that the Nanny gives to Madam Luo when she visits Yunniang after Lianfang has agreed to become a concubine? I know it has to do with the trap that was set in Jing'an Pavilion but what, exactly? Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
25 minutes ago, asg002 said:

Hello!

I watched TS & TB last week then started re-watching for details. Can someone please explain to me the significance of the folded dress that the Nanny gives to Madam Luo when she visits Yunniang after Lianfang has agreed to become a concubine? I know it has to do with the trap that was set in Jing'an Pavilion but what, exactly? Thank you!

i cant remember the details @OsmanthusTea do you remember this one? i know you're better with details than me....

also just for your info i had merge your thread under the drama thread and welcome abroad with us here :) :Party01:

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i cant remember the details @OsmanthusTea do you remember this one? i know you're better with details than me....

also just for your info i had merge your thread under the drama thread and welcome abroad with us here :) :Party01:

Thanks so much for your help! I'll have a look around to familiarise myself w. the site. 

The Nanny hands the dress to Madam Luo & Yunniang says to her, "Mother, put the dress away. Don't let devious people find it. They'd think they can rest easy from now on." It looks very similar to the one that LianFang was wearing...

• Like 2