The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

12 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

its wasnt bad bad....just a lil lacking.....i mean we have a pretty pack plots from the beginning....

@NiteWalker hopefully i can get other drama that having plot and storyline that will capture my interest after this drama ended. before this drama, i hv marathon back to back under the power and go ahead(countless times). now will need find other drama that suit me (old style kind of person)

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, Toby said:

Umph.Houye has a reason/concern on why he wanted to send his son away(afraid his son would be intertwind with wenniang scheme and also education purposes).that era put an education as one of highest achievement and that why he reluctant to let fengching in non education concubine shiliu care.but his charater shows that he is very good in reading people and a smart guy(General with experience and tactical indeed) so as head of family he need to look on bigger picture of future xu family.my thought only.hahaha

Of course he has his own reason BUT by not consulting the child's mother just because he suspected her as a spy without solid evidence showed that he is totally not a character that is good in reading people or smart. Because he is totally off in reading that WenNiang is the spy. His experiences as a general is useless when he applied it in his own family, he suspected the wrong person. The spy is QinNiang not WenNiang.

As a husband he disregard his wife's feeling completely.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Watching eps 37 & 38 with subs. I did feel very sorry for Concubine Wen who burned the embroidery to protect the interests of her own family. It was wrong but it was also the outcome of what happens when one is  pushed to a corner. Being a concubine who had no say over anything really, and who in her case had zero affections of any sort from the man she is married to, I am not surprised that her loyalties lied  at the end of the day  with her own family (the Wen's). It was stupid but somewhat understandable.   Apart from that, the drama definitely reminds us that sometimes still waters run deep. Who knew that  sweet Concubine Qin would work with the enemy and betray them. Again, I do not fully begrudge her for her poor judgement here. While her life may be materially provided for , her emotional needs are neglected and tossed aside. The one thing she so wanted was to be a mother , and even that was denied. 

Of course, these are not excuses for their actions but I somewhat see what is happening in the home front to parallel the issues brought upon by the sea ban. People resort to bad things - theft , piracy, illegal trade when they are not given any room to breath. Desperation drives people to find whatever means they can just to survive. While I understand that our HouYe has his hands full with matters of the nation, the enemy has found a way to using his household because there is discontentment at home. I hope he realises it before it is too late.

So out of curiosity,  I just fast-forwared to the last bits of the finale...and oh my word....urghggg I am not a fan of this look  :nervous:

Spoiler

3qgYxQA.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

9 hours ago, Toby said:

@NiteWalker hopefully i can get other drama that having plot and storyline that will capture my interest after this drama ended. before this drama, i hv marathon back to back under the power and go ahead(countless times). now will need find other drama that suit me (old style kind of person)

do you like modern drama? you can try You're My Hero, the story kinda cute...

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

So out of curiosity,  I just fast-forwared to the last bits of the finale...and oh my word....urghggg I am not a fan of this look  :nervous:

of all the prop i gotta tell you that thing look fake on both HouYe and WuYe!!!

9 hours ago, Toby said:

Its kind of sad when i saw in the trailer when he said to shiniang about the faith that intertwind in their destiny that maybe he was the one will be her husband....

but for me only houye character and wisdom able to be the last puzzle that will fit shiniang perfectly.

like @JennyKimWOP said,shiniang seem was seeking safety rather that trust, to find an umbrella instead off shield because she has strong will.only experience or mature sort of husband can withstand and having back and forth discussion rather than yes lady.

maybe if ShiYi Niang is from a different family that not looking for an umbrella he might be the ideal husband for her....

however after seeing HouYe with ShiYi its a little hard to ship him with ShiYi to be honest lols

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I pick up hello mr gu. Young ppl rom com w old trope but entertaining. I don need to use my brain much. Apparently the kisding scenes are like whole 3min haha.... 

I was really worried that i will find it hard to detached myself from sword n brocade but the last 9 episodes really makes me a little stress up n they have to give such a big plot at 43 44 n only do 3/4 of happy ending kinda makes me lost it a little. It is like a downpour of hardship in a short space. So i guess i can move on. Tbh i havent watch 43 44. I just find it too stressful. Will wait for weekend. 

I was gonna ask about the ladt scene. Why the moustache is gone. So it happen before or after the reunion dinner? 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1
12 minutes ago, SnT said:

I pick up hello mr gu. Young ppl rom com w old trope but entertaining. I don need to use my brain much. Apparently the kisding scenes are like whole 3min haha.... 

I was really worried that i will find it hard to detached myself from sword n brocade but the last 9 episodes really makes me a little stress up n they have to give such a big plot at 43 44 n only do 3/4 of happy ending kinda makes me lost it a little. It is like a downpour of hardship in a short space. So i guess i can move on. Tbh i havent watch 43 44. I just find it too stressful. Will wait for weekend. 

I was gonna ask about the ladt scene. Why the moustache is gone. So it happen before or after the reunion dinner? 

Really??? I thought i am gonna watch ep 43..44 by today. 

Hello Mr Gu...i watched that too yesterday, lately i'm into so much stress, and i need young couple romcom. and in 1st ep, we have kissing scene. 

I'm planning to watch twelve legends...judging from the trailer...looks interesting. 

• Like 3

@Yanaplesse go ahead. I just don like the downpour of stresses. Not ngsty because couple is still loving n sweet. But their sweet moment so little n their hardship being framed, schemed is just kinda stressful for me. Esp in a short span of 38 to 45.

Ya love romcom because they r just so sweet n impractical but goid for destressing haha. YAMH is very nice but again so many life n death n bloody scene, its stressful for me. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What happens to Concubine Qin at the end? She is unbelievable. I get that she was hurt but I don’t think it’s enough to collude with the

enemy.😕

Is there an app/website that quickly subs the episodes? I have WeTV and I can only watch until ep 40. I want to see the ending but with eng sub. 

Edited by Olivia Kate
  • Like 3
43 minutes ago, Olivia Kate said:

What happens to Concubine Qin at the end? She is unbelievable. I get that she was hurt but I don’t think it’s enough to collude with the enemy.😕

Spoiler

She is poisoned by the Lord Ou in punishment for his son's death. On her deathbed she confesses everything including her motives. Of the series she was my favourite villain because I could understand her motives. Madame Xu forced her to take abortion soup which Qin believes caused her to become barren. Houye held no affection for her and for a second time robbed her of a chance to be a mother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
8 minutes ago, Funnypeopleswim said:

Hide contents

She is poisoned by the Lord Ou in punishment for his son's death. On her deathbed she confesses everything including her motives. Of the series she was my favourite villain because I could understand her motives. Madame Xu forced her to take abortion soup which Qin believes caused her to become barren. Houye held no affection for her and for a second time robbed her of a chance to be a mother.

What? The abortion thingy, based on the book or the drama? I don’t remember that it was mentioned in the drama, or if it was I think I was half asleep when I watched the scene.

Edited by Olivia Kate
  • Like 3
18 minutes ago, Olivia Kate said:

What? The abortion thingy, based on the book or the drama? I don’t remember that it was mentioned in the drama, or if it was I think I was half asleep when I watched the scene.

Spoiler

It was translated by someone as birth control but I think it was abortion soup. Since Madame Xu did it so that Qin child wouldn't compete with the Main wife's child. Especially since Qin was brought in to the household before Luo 1st main wife was added. Madame Xu thought she was being helpful, but she didn't know how important children were to Qin. Or the fact that Qin would be barren afterwards. Which is frankly stupid because she's forever morning her son and husband, but lacked the sensitivity to think her favourite maid would be devastated by the act. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
Spoiler

The dialogue indicated its contraceptive soup (direct translate as avoid child soup) . She was a concubine before he married a main wife. So madame xu try to make sure she will not hv the eldest son in the family. Once he was married, they stopped it. She got pregnant but miscarry. Dr diagnosed it was the harm cause by the contraceptive soup. It harmed her permanently. She did lost a child and all the while he was cold n asked her to move on wo understanding her reason for the pain. But Hatred was mostly for his mother. And it started after she lost the child.

Also ou promised to help her leave the family n give her a new identity n a adopted child. Its loneliness n pain n the bitterness that turn into Hatred for the family. Same case w tong. No hope n bleak future. Tong choose to harm herself to end it. Qin choose to revenge to give her a reason to go on. Show u no money n material things can fill up holes in the heart of those women. Its sad.. Her last wish is next life she wanted to marry a simple man who only wanted be with her n hv a simple life n have a few adorable kids. She knows she will be a good mother.

I feel all the concubines are one story one lesson of life in their own. 

Her heartfelt pain when she said... So I m so lowly i don deserve to be a mother.. When HouYe explain why he gave fengching to 2nd sil. 

N she did acknowledge that Houye is a good man. N he just doesnt feel for her.. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

WenNiang's words after she burned the embroidery is so satisfying because it's sooo on point and hit the nail on the head. I wanted to dance and sang burn, Baby, burn!!!! to HouYe. All of his women took the matters into their own hands because he is not a trustworthy husband in their eyes. He is partial and bias and never considered them as a human with an ounce of brain and heart.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
8 hours ago, Funnypeopleswim said:

Hide contents

It was translated by someone as birth control but I think it was abortion soup. Since Madame Xu did it so that Qin child wouldn't compete with the Main wife's child. Especially since Qin was brought in to the household before Luo 1st main wife was added. Madame Xu thought she was being helpful, but she didn't know how important children were to Qin. Or the fact that Qin would be barren afterwards. Which is frankly stupid because she's forever morning her son and husband, but lacked the sensitivity to think her favourite maid would be devastated by the act. 

I now understand the root cause. It’s a result of compounding events. No one deserves to be the sacrificial lamb and collateral damage but she is in this case. Beautiful and pitiful life.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

WenNiang's words after she burned the embroidery is so satisfying because it's sooo on point and hit the nail on the head. I wanted to dance and sang burn, Baby, burn!!!! to HouYe. All of his women took the matters into their own hands because he is not a trustworthy husband in their eyes. He is partial and bias and never considered them as a human with an ounce of brain and heart.

so im glad when HouYe went to see WenNiang, he apologize or it and let her choose whether she want to stay or leave to do the things she wanted to do.....

because from now on...his hearts is all feel with ShiYi and he wont be able to stay by WenNiang sides even though if she came back...

• Like 6

Finally caught up to sub ep 40.   Very frustrated watching.  number 1... I could never live with such mother in law power.   I wouldn’t even survive living in this time with such oppression the woman experienced.   Poor Daniyang... what a frustrating episode.  

I did peek at the last raw 45 episode.  Didn’t notice the mustache disappeared.  Will make sure to double check when it’s finally subbed.   

Currently switching over to Tencent vip.   The iqiy vip was a fatal rip off., still only on 36 posted in my end. 

I finished Love is sweet and caught up with you are my hero.   I see  mention of Mr Gu .. so will check that out also. Looks like CDramas are definitely my new thing in 2021

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

8 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

so im glad when HouYe went to see WenNiang, he apologize or it and let her choose whether she want to stay or leave to do the things she wanted to do.....

because from now on...his hearts is all feel with ShiYi and he wont be able to stay by WenNiang sides even though if she came back...

Honesty is the best policy... None of those women really want his love also. But at least they can be on friendly terms n be kind to one another. Not scheminh n plotting to harm him his family or themselves. 

I really like the interaction between him n wenniang last episode. Open commuincation n he offer her a family relationship n a choice. If he had done that with qin n tong, i m sure no such problems. Qiao he was honest but she jw wouldn't listen. Then its her problem d. 

• Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 1
16 hours ago, SnT said:

Honesty is the best policy... None of those women really want his love also. But at least they can be on friendly terms n be kind to one another. Not scheminh n plotting to harm him his family or themselves. 

I really like the interaction between him n wenniang last episode. Open commuincation n he offer her a family relationship n a choice. If he had done that with qin n tong, i m sure no such problems. Qiao he was honest but she jw wouldn't listen. Then its her problem d. 

yes because he admitted his own wrong....and you can feel his sincerity in it, i like how they wrap it up nicely 

he said he cant right the wrong he did toward QinNiang and LianFang however with her he still has the chance to do it....and he wanted to do it for the sake of their child together and also for his own conscience.....

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 3/31/2021 at 8:23 AM, NiteWalker said:

do you like modern drama? you can try You're My Hero, the story kinda cute...

@NiteWalker i hv no specific type of genre but only certain storyline will catch my interest like this drama or under the power(ops am i hard to please). not so heavy on melodrama, politic,conflicts (balance, the pace).some drama will take many episode just for close 1 conflict. i dont like those drag for too long.

tq for your recommended, ill  watch Youre my hero.

Edited by Toby
  • Like 1
On 3/31/2021 at 9:25 AM, SnT said:

me too. i just watch the short clip from ytube.Seem too rush and they compress everyhing in last a few episode so will wait when all subs then only watch it.

i saw a clip she fainted and afterward in their room and declare due to pregnancy(at least need more happy scene about this pregnancy journey). 

but i like a clip take place in prison between houye and shiniang(their emotions was superb and can see their feeling toward each other as tight as rock).

i read somewhere some chinese production tend to do 2nd series for popular drama.umphh

On 3/31/2021 at 9:25 AM, SnT said:

i saw a clip both houye and his little brother with mustache on the round table with whole family maybe both hv it during that time since houye daughter also grew up and to shows they are getting older.hahaha.

On 3/31/2021 at 6:38 PM, Olivia Kate said:

What happens to Concubine Qin at the end? She is unbelievable. I get that she was hurt but I don’t think it’s enough to collude with the

enemy.😕

Is there an app/website that quickly subs the episodes? I have WeTV and I can only watch until ep 40. I want to see the ending but with eng sub. 

@Olivia Kate i watched at dramacool.vc. it has all till ep 45 but eng sub only till 42. i am only watch till 42 since i could not understand without sub

• Like 2
On 3/31/2021 at 9:40 PM, OsmanthusTea said:

WenNiang's words after she burned the embroidery is so satisfying because it's sooo on point and hit the nail on the head. I wanted to dance and sang burn, Baby, burn!!!! to HouYe. All of his women took the matters into their own hands because he is not a trustworthy husband in their eyes. He is partial and bias and never considered them as a human with an ounce of brain and hearti.

houye did what he did (concubine, child) out of his will and heart because of his responsibility beside he is the pillar of the family and must hv a heir.he force himself and tried be a good husband for years (he slept with them mainly for heirs) and give protection(as part of xu family) then at one point he maybe had enough. then when shiniang came to his life, houye has a feeling that he able to be a man also a husband again or the very first time. 

The way houye behave seem like he falling in love for the very first time.he even has no idea he was changed and  unconsciously his best character which  long gone by the time he be head of family. i feel pity to all the concubine but i think i can feel houye too.opss

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Happy Camp next Sat 8.20pm

Mr. & Mrs Smith

1378375402570178563.gif

Cto

Spoiler

20210403-223643.jpg

Cr. Mangpor333

wallacechung74-CNNTCw1l-UXO.jpg

wallacechung74-CNNTCw3l6hi.jpg

Cr. wallacechung74

The short video : looks fun! @Tofuyour Rattan couple also here... 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNNSEKqleEF/?igshid=1ud099vpj24ch

@Alice WonderlandI think you will love them in modern costume!

Omg, I'm bracing myself watching ep 41 & 42 now. Makjang! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Star Struck 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif